Reviews of Comfort Inn Sudbury 3 stars

2171 Regent Street South, P3E 5V3 Sudbury, Canada

#16 of 31 hotels in Sudbury

Okay but will not be going back again .
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Sagging beds. It says at the front desk ‘ smoke free building ‘ we were given a room that stinks of cigarettes. Had to go down to the reception to change room. Checking in Receptionist was on the phone for what it seems like forever doing bookings. In the morning for check out, this time no one was there . Had to wait again and there were other guests waiting to check out .

Location, close to amenities.

Breakfast was more than we would have expected.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Had to park and go in back door.. almost tripped on the steps twice.. no rooms on ground floor, I am beginning to think it’s brcause we booked through Booking.com as we get this in every place we stay booking through you..

Breakfast was more than we would have expected.

Couldn't wait to go home, we did not stay for breakfast.

There was very limited parking, no grass area for animals, animal poop all over from people not poop and scooping, there was only 1 night stand in a King room, so I did not have my own bedside space. The outside door was continually slamming and keeping us awake, and our room keys rarely worked. We found a huge toe nail in our bed (which we gave the hotel in a plastic cup) and the only compensation was a set of new sheets that I myself had to put on at 11:00pm at night.

I liked how close it was to all of the amenities and the highway. The staff were very friendly!

Inn was great booking.com was very bad
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Booking.com didn't make our reservation like they said it was done. At first the didn't have a room for us. Had to use cell $8.50 cost. PD Xtra $34.00 for room

The bed was great

Had a very restful night's sleep
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

When we first arrived the room had a stuffy smell, but after an hour or so with the patio door open a bit the musty smell disappeared.

Had a very restful night's sleep

Over all good value for the money. Would stay there again.

Room was a little tight where the desk and chair were. Also would have been nice if there was a sheer curtain behind the black out curtain so we could have some natural light without feeling like we were in a fish bowl.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Like being able to park right outside the room.

Good for a short stay and will probably re-book for an upcoming visit.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Could hear some noises from other rooms. Cleaning staff placed changed sheets on the floor in the hallway.

A good value choice. Clean room, comfortable bed, convenient location, good service and decent breakfast all for a reasonable price. If you need more upscale accomodations and don't mind paying at least 50% more, Homewood and Hampton across the street are really nice.

It was alright
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Wanted to be on ground floor. No warning I was not. Room and hallways stale smelling. Down payment on credit card costs more than Room...and takes a few days to refund.

Staff friendly. Bed comfortable Good location to doctors

Hi We had booked room with two queen beds and asked for...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room too small for our family

Hi We had booked room with two queen beds and asked for pet friendly. We ended up with a room with a king bed and pull out and it was very small with no room for the 5 of us. They said it was booking.com's fault and not there's because you said they did have the room with two queen's and they didn't.

It was good.

Temperature controls...knobs vs digital as it was nearly impossible to set it properly. The temperature fluctuated too quickly just by moving the knob a tiny bit.

I had reserved 2 rooms & when we entered both rooms, 1 was so hot & the other was very cold. 1 room had the heat at the maximum & the other room had the air conditioner on. It took a long time to get the rooms at a comfortable temperature. Also, it was difficult to set the temperature at a comfortable to keep it stable as the units are old. They should update them so that they are digital & not knobs which make it nearly impossible to set at a comfortable temperature.

clearly lied to by the employee or they simply had no idea what they were doing.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Our room smelt like cigarette smoke. When we arrived at the property, the staff said we didn’t have a reservation. After looking up our reservation codes and names, she assured us there was nothing there. No reservations with that name any time in the last month. I was worried about being charged twice since the staff member said your website is bad for making mistakes and another hotel was likely to charge our credit card when we didn’t show. We needed a place to stay, so we got a room anyways and I contacted booking .com to see what they said. Later that night I was contacted by booking.com. They had spoken to the hotel ( where I was currently in bed) and the employee told them I was a no show for my reservation.

The breakfast attendant was lovely.

Nice ☺
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not a big dislike but note: parking on sides and stairwells in back.

Location to main routs (or roots lol), great temperature control as usual, fridge, microwave, tv, if want liquor store go to the LBGTO (or whatever) thing (if American wouldn't recomend the Beer Store, very wierd, low selection of everything but beer and then beer is overpriced). Has AV cable use for my Atari thing then watched bunch of Rick and Mortys on TV. If you miss hotel breakfast (closes 1015) try Timmy Hortons across the street, damn good french vanilla cappuccino, or if you just like coffee check other reviews which are well... Check em out lol. Keep on trucken ☺

Would recommend to friends
    • King Room - Ground Floor

Breakfest was the best the bacon was crisp the omelet was ex Would no problem staying there again room was ex. Tks . Again staff was very helpful.

very pleasant
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We thought the beds were very comfy..It was very quiet there and clean Our free breakfast choices were excellent. We also appreciated that they were eco friendly We would definitely go back.

stay was ok if heat had worked and I didnt have to pay for my dog it would have been great
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Heater. Did not work bathroom sink was plugged so took while for water to go down had to pay for pet who was feed by us. Not hotel and she's a member of our family and who is reason I'm still her

Beds were comfortable and room was clean. My keys got left behind lady I talked to was very. Pleasant. The guy when we got their did not greet us with friendly smile no. How are you nothing it's important to be pleasant when. Greeting your guest makes them feel good

the reception and stuff was friendly and professional, over...

our room was very damp/moldy smelling on the main floor .could do with some form of fresh air flow without leaving the door open and unlocked.

the reception and stuff was friendly and professional, over all easy check in and out.

Great!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing I can think about that was a disappointment was the breakfast..although it was free the one serving it seemed lost, the eggs were like rubber and there were no knives to cut anything or spread anything..that would be it.

It was a pleasant stay all around? The staff was amazing and after travelling it was very nice to have a friendly face! The room was a great size and comfortable!

Location was Great as I was there for medical appointment at...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

When I called for the cost of the room and told the Man I was travelling for a medical appointment he quoted me a price of $129 so I went with booking.com. as they were a lower price. And when I got there the lady at the desk said as I was there for a medical appointment it would have actually have been a lower price if I would have called the Comfort Inn directly??? So I was not too pleased about that! Otherwise all was good and now I know.

Location was Great as I was there for medical appointment at the Sudbury Vascular Lab!! Choice of restaurants within walking distance.

Not too bad...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

No discount for a medical appointment???? A bunch of guys outside were talking and laughing loud until after midnight...

Close to the the doctors office we went...

We have already booked our room here for our next trip to the cottage.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I liked that the hotel was pet friendly. It was easy to find and close to restaurants. This is the halfway mark to our cottage that is a ten hour drive from home. It is nice to be able to take a break with the dog and stop for the night for a reasonable price.

I think we arrived at the breakfast room during the rush -...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I think we arrived at the breakfast room during the rush - had to wait quite a while for food. The girl who was handling the breakfast did a great job - but if there were 2 people during the rush that would have helped. Lots of people commented on the lack of organization. That 1 gal was super and worked very fast but some things were not ready for her to serve.

Booked accessibility room on line but when arrived the room...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked accessibility room on line but when arrived the room did not have accessibility, on 2nd floor. Staff was excellent, managed to secure a room that worked. Thanks to her for her efforts.

Great!!!!!

No comments.......

We will come back again, so comfortable great breakfast, neat, etc Will get in touch until we come back again in near future. Thank you.

provided expected services and amenities associated with...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location and appearance - shabby looking exterior ; ugly parking lot ; in a drab part of the city..but then most of the city is like that..!

provided expected services and amenities associated with Comfort Inns

The facility was great, very easy to find, comfortable clean...

The facility was great, very easy to find, comfortable clean rooms, but the continental breakfast was sub par, and with only one staff member working it he just couldn't keep up with the demand.

Very comfortable - pleasant staff
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Being rushed out the next day

I don't use a credit card so I was happy that I could pay a cash desposit. Especially because my car had broken down on the highway and had come to the hotel via tow truck with my son - we had no other place to stay and I means of finding another location

Below expectations!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I interacted with reception employee (I was shocked to know he is the manager) who was very rude to me. I had an unusual billing incident and he refused to print a. Receipt for me and when I started to question that incident, he disrespectfully told me "be polite"! I then decided to leave because I wouldn't continue the conversation with someone who wouldn't respect me! I will never stay in that hotel again.

Easy to locate and close to HWY 17.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Easy to locate and close to HWY 17. Close to a variety of restaurants and gas stations. Great staff, clean facility, comfy bed, hot shower, good breakfast. Would stay again.

Pleasant.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was extra comfortable. The staff was very effective, prompt and pleasant. The environment was quiet although most of the room were busy. The location is excellent as it is off Hwy 17 and easy access.

Good

Had a lot of trouble finding air conditioning because it's a very old model. There should've been a note on how to operate it at least. The carpet was dirty because if i didn't wear my shoes, my feet got black. Also, we left early at 5:30am so i wosh breakfast would have started earlier

We came early around 9:30am and even requested for early check in. The lady at reception was able to get us a room in an hour even though it was a full house the night before. I very grateful and pleased at the effort to get us in quick. Loved that the fridge was big and there was a microwave

Horrible customer service at Comfort Inn Sudbury

See above

Breakfast was good - the server was very nice. Front desk staff at night and morning were not very accommodating. Our family arrived later - our room smelled strongly of smoke and mould. We asked if we could swap rooms - no effort to accommodate this - offered a spray. We declined - also the parking spot that we were told would be adjacent to our room was full and we had to park further down the lot. Not a big deal but again when we asked about it, the staff shrugged their shoulders and said 'you can park anywhere' when We checked out, the FRONT DESK MANAGER. Took my keys back and said, did you get the receipt under your door? I said yes and he said ok you're done and he turned around and left the desk - no how was your stay, or thank you or any courtesy at all. CUSTOMER SERVICE BY THE FRONT DESK WAS HORRIBLE.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

bed was okay, don't book it for the breakfast unless you...

no elevator or luggage cart available, had the pleasure to make several trips from parking lot to 2nd floor room on arrival and departure

bed was okay, don't book it for the breakfast unless you love waffles

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great experience.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hard to fine the ice machine and breakfast was ok... Would have been nice to have had more options with eggs. Thanks.

The size of our room was amazing, very comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Comfy stay away from home..
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

My phone didn't work when I first arrived...next morning the situation was rectified..

My stay was great...the staff helpful...the breakfast was hot & excellent..the location was fantastic...the room clean quite & comfortable..

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Will suggest your establishment to others and we would definitely return

Everything was suoerb

Mentioned needed help with the heat and refrigerator, maintenance was in the room within 30 minutes. Reception very cordial Wi-Fi very much appreciated complimentary breakfast very good

Bad & Good
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Had to get new towel as one went missing after room service left. I asked at front desk for a towel so can take shower. Towel never arrived 2 hours later, so asked again, and insisted on receiving it then and there.

Breakfast was great. The older gentleman attendant was very helpful and gracious.

Worst customer experience at a hotel I have ever had

I have never, ever, had such a terrible and disappointing stay in a hotel. - There are no elevators so you must carry all your luggage up two flights of stairs and then back down again - We booked in advance for a 3-day stay and they put us in the room directly beside the stairs; we could not fall asleep until after midnight or sleep past 7 am because of the stairs (people running up and down them and the doors opening and closing) - There was a hockey tournament and the guests were horrible; the staff did try and help with the noise level repeatedly but short of calling the police they were not able to contain the children running up and down the halls at all hours - On the Saturday night, there was a woman passed out face first in the lobby and a man was trying to drag her into a little room; the hotel staff did call the police for that incident - The hotel shares the parking lot with a fast food chain, and there are notices everywhere not to park on the 'wrong side' or you will get ticketed and/or your car will be towed and, if that's not enough to scare you off, there is also a disclaimer that the hotel is not responsible if your car gets a 'boot' put on it - Do not leave your car at the back of the hotel, I would not trust it to be there when you wake up - The coffee was never once replenished in our room, nor was sugar/creamer etc. When I requested that the coffee service be sent up I was told that the cleaners were on our floor and would send us supplies in the next few minutes. We waited 20 minutes before I ventured out to find the cart myself and take what I needed - The only source of water is a water bottle that states guests will be charged $2 if they drink it or you can drink straight from the tap (ew) - There is no magnifying mirror in the bathroom, not a deal breaker, but this is something that should be every room now that we are living in 2017 - There was MOULD on the tub stopper in the shower.. mould..

There is literally nothing about this experience that I liked. The location of the hotel is decent. The staff are okay. The gentleman at the front desk was new and he was clearly trying *very hard* to manage the hotel to the best of his ability. Given time and training, he will be a valuable asset. This review is not a reflection on this ONE person, who did everything he could to help us.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Value for the dollar
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy guests that assumed they were the only ones at the hotel. Loud in the hallways and door banging all night.

Front desk and breakfast staff very very courteous and friendly

Pleasant continental breakfast, well supplied , friendly...
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

The bed was horrid, far to hard , therefore this has affected our overall stay. Thus we will probably not stay again.

Pleasant continental breakfast, well supplied , friendly staff

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Clean and quiet.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast didn't start until 6:30 a.m. which would normally be ok, but I had an early flight to catch and left just after 6 a.m.

Clean and quiet. Conveniently located to shops, restaurants, and main highways. Fridge and microwave in room a bonus.

Both the front desk clerk and breakfast room attendant were...

Both the front desk clerk and breakfast room attendant were excellent. Very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

It was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are much smaller than they look in the pictures. I would have requested a ground floor room had i known there was not an elevator as i have physical issues that make carrying luggage and such difficult up stairs.

It was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Definitely a good price as well.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Great room and hot breakfast included for 99$

Nothing to complain about

I like it better than holiday inn....had tub and shampoo/ conditioner. Great hot breakfast and attendant. Front desk lady helped me with a quicker route to airport. Deserves better than 2 star.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great Place.

I liked it all

Very comfortable King size bed.Great hot breakfast included.Staff is very friendly and the room was a good price.Will stay here again.Ground floor has patio doors.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Our friends were extremely upset to have a person wander into their room in the middle of the night.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was new staff member who didn't get around to cleaning our room (or our friend's room) We had to chase her down and ended up with only a change of towels.

The room was comfortable and clean (the first night)

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

You Get What You Pay For
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One night table for a queen bed (2 people). Two sheets of Kleenex in the box. No water unless we were to pay for it or drink from the tap. Pillow cases had a harsh detergent in them and caused itching and breathing issues.

It was a room.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Beds were comfortable, however, there's one bed that...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The gentlemen at reception was very serious and seemed to be stressed out. There was stain on one of the comforters. There was no bananas for breakfast.

Beds were comfortable, however, there's one bed that needed to be elavated with phone books. Overall breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

The room and the beds were very comfortable.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived at breakfast at start-time, and were told there was no more cream left for coffee. :-( The staff member in charge of breakfast stood glaring at everyone...making guests feel most uncomfortable.

The room and the beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

the manager-stuff was very rood, i was there, my room not...
    • King Room - Ground Floor

the manager-stuff was very rood, i was there, my room not had some problem w patio door, next day i was waiting for so long to get in the room and i pai 4- 2 nights already. i never got any discounts .I come every 2 weeks and spend more then 600$ every time and i was almost ripped for money w some extra tax,even after all my days was paid in full.the manager or who ever she is was very disrespectful, tryed to make me stupid and talked about some other charges which didnt exist. i was at the 2nd location on east side and everything was good, its all about stuff. and ppl who work. never ever i come back to that place untill u fix ur working stuff and behaviour. and its not the first time i get intouch w problems on this regent st location and especialy this person. and how come the depozit is 50$ in any other comfort inn, but this is 100$ in this one??

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Newly decorated throughout.

Advertised an ergonomic chair - laughable for two reasons: the bed was awful! Have been in hotels now for two weeks - all had good beds. This was both hard, and dipped in middle. Woke up aching after it took hours to fall asleep even though very tired! Also laughable because said chair could only fit between far too over-sized desk and bed if no-one was sitting in it! Had ground floor room with patio door. Had to keep curtains closed or be visible to the world as there was no sheer curtain. Very tiny counter in bathroom. Breakfast - rubbery!! No hot water for tea - had to ask as it was kept in kitchen. Horrid experience.

Newly decorated throughout. Looked modern and clean

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

HaPpy dog family had wonderfully comfortable stay with you.

Your hidden tax charged at all locations that we wanted taken off. Not sure what it was but heard it was a scam on tv report. Saw it in reference to niagra falls but have been quick to ask for it to be removed at every chance now. I don't think it's best way to collect for tourism needs.

Bedding and breakfast and staff were all tops in our books. PETFriendly was our main reason for staying with your comfort inns. We probably stayed with you guys over 7 times this summer.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Will not be staying here again!

The woman working the counter was rude and seemed to be scatter brained. Told us she did not need to work there, she had a BA. So why was she working there then? If she was that unhappy she should find work elsewhere. There were 4 empty beer cans left in the room from the previous tenant and the room smelled a little of stale beer.

Lot's of choices nearby for dining or grabbing a quick coffee or snacks.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Everything you need for a pleasant stay at a very reasonable price.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We would have preferred a room on the first floor as there was no elevator, but they had none available. It is difficult to carry all our gear up the stairs. Had to make several trips.

Clean comfortable room at a very reasonable price. The room was nicely decorated and fairly up to date in decor. The beds were comfortable and the room offered all the amenities needed for a pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Breakfast not to my liking
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Breakfast was poor. No healthy options, white bread & pastries only with waffles. No eggs at time we went to eat, no fruit , no seating was full of waiting people. We left and went across the street to Tuitty Fruity and had an amazing hot breakfast.

Musty smelling room!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival the room was very musty smelling. It was quite warm outside, and the room's fridge door was left open and turned off as well as the fan turned off- creating quite an odor in the room. I mentioned it to the front desk and apparently that is what they do so I didn't see any point to change rooms. The room did improve after a couple of hours but it is not what you want after a long day of travelling.

The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

The location was convenient for our travel purposes although...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were not comfortable for me - a little too firm. The back entrance door was propped open with the floor mat all night and the noise of other customers outside and in the halls at 1am and 3am disturbed our sleep

The location was convenient for our travel purposes although the directions provided by Booking.com were a little off. There was a good selection at breakfast and staff were polite and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Convenient location, across East side Mario and good...

Nothing really.

Convenient location, across East side Mario and good restaurant nearby. Bathroom beautifully renovated, the kind you would expect in a much more expensive hotel. Room had everything we need. Free breakfast was great and everything was hot and in sufficient quantity for all the hotel guess. We will definitely go again.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Will never go back!

Our initial first impression of the hotel was met with the front staffer being very unfriendly, to the point of being rude. She never once asked if we needed help with our luggage, never tried to direct us to a good restaurant and was very stand offish. We got the impression she did not want to be there... The room was ok but the cleanliness of the bathroom was not up to standards; ie, the bathtub was dirty and the toilet was not cleaned adequately. The breakfast was appallingly bad; unappetizing and absolutely no taste

The bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Beware the water !!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

They need a water filtration system !!!! The water in the toilet and from the bathroom sink was yellow !! I didn't dare drink it !!!!

They had a good A/C and the people at the front desk were very nice

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Breakfast was good.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very small room. Smelled like smoke even though the whole facility is non-smoking. Didn't have any other rooms available at our price.

Breakfast was good. Bathroom was lovely.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Great stop on the road to Toronto!

It was close to where we needed to get to our highway out. We were able to all stay in one room. We got there after 11pm so only got tucked in for the night. It was nice to eat breakfast before heading out!! Thank you!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Liked it a lot
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location is super comfortable, near the shopping center with restaurants and still quite area. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Liked the breakfast as well!!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Great value and staff. Repeat customer for sure!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was an odd indistinguishable odour on the main floor. The air conditioning was a bit old, loud and the markings for adjusting the temperature was worn, so it made it hard to know how to set the temperature.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was in a room that could adjoin and the guests next to me had very young children. It was a bit loud for my comfort and I asked the front desk if I could switch rooms, thinking for sure I wouldn't be able to. I was surprisingly accommodated and placed in a perfectly situated room.

The location was good .
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room wasn’t clean . The hotel was very noisy.

The location was good .

Hotel was close to shopping area and front desk staff was...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel was close to shopping area and front desk staff was very friendly!

room was not cleaned during our 3 day stay

room was not cleaned during our 3 day stay

Great time, very comfortable

Breakfast was so so

Great coffee

Hot Breakfast wasn't so great.

Hot Breakfast wasn't so great. Just lacking flavour/ taste

non smoking room stunk like cigarette smoke real bad

non smoking room stunk like cigarette smoke real bad

Door had a hard time closing.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Door had a hard time closing.

Great overnight stay for the lone traveler.

Breakfast was so-so.

I got exactly what I expected for this type of property. The location was excellent and very convenient.

The breakfast was ok
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I complained as the bed was half redone (or done in a very sloppy way) as if someone had forgotten to finish the job.

The breakfast was ok

EXCELLENT...and $$$$ was also a good price

the size of the room, cleanliness, location...all very GOOD

Clean room with comfortable bed.

No elevator

Clean room with comfortable bed. Staff was friendly and helpful. We didn't try the breakfast.

Front desk girl was very friendly and remembered me from my...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk girl was very friendly and remembered me from my last visit.