Reviews of Comfort Inn & Suites North Vancouver 3 stars

1748 Capilano Road, V7P 3B4 North Vancouver, Canada

#13 of 16 hotels in North Vancouver

• Queen Suite

Breakfast choice was poor with processed eggs. Found ants crawling around under toaster one morning. No CCTV cameras around for security

We booked a suite which was spacious and comfy - and cheaper than a room in most hotels on your site for Vancouver

• Queen Suite

The breakfast area gets pretty busy and crowded (and it wasn’t even the weekend); it’s not the newest hotel and it is a little bit outdated (but it was clean); no elevator

Nice room; good equipped; fast internet

• Queen Suite

The whole property felt a bit dated. The bathroom sink wasn't in the bathroom. The breakfast could have been alot nicer.....i poured syrup onto my pancakes and ants came out with it, when I mentioned it to the staff they didn't seem too bothered and just took it away to change.

Good value for money. The room had a well equipt kitchenette and ample free parking

only a one night stay - adequate room - clean & very spacey excellent spot to go see up Grouse Mountain & the Capilano Suspension Bridge - just up the road literally

The rooms were not soundproof. Could hear neighbor talking & using the water.

Plenty of room. Staff very friendly & helpful. Real cups & glasses not like some motels in Canada. Bed is King size & very comfortable.

The bathroom was a bit outdated, but clean.

The staff went above and beyond to find us a room with a fridge (we were travelling with small children), and to help our family members have rooms near each other. Air conditioning and a hot breakfast were huge bonuses, good selection of food. Also enjoyed swimming in the lovely, clean pool! We keep returning to this motel, and will do so again!

rooms were not upcept. No plug drain for sink. Bathtub water drain very slowly. Beds were uneven and rocking. No electric charging for EV vehicles.

Great location in North Vancouver located near Mall and outdoor activities.

There was no little in suite fridge, but not a big deal. Would have been nice to refreeze my cooler ice packs.

The bed was soooo totally comfortable. It had been a long day, traveling for a wedding of a friend. I was very tired and was very happy when I finally got to lay down. Heaven! The staff were very helpful, as it was the first time I had used the online booking. I was a little nervous, did they get booking, on site parking required and a late check in request too, that kind of stuff. All questions answered when I called. My room was clean, quiet, and no stairs. I forgot to request that but it was all good.

• Queen Suite

The breakfast every morning was outstanding. Everything you could possibly want. Most amazing breakfast I have experienced in a hotel absolutely free.

I was flabergasted to learn that a television production company had taken over the parking lot for almost the whole day. Totally unbelievable since no warning was given about this.

We had a nice spacious room with a view to the Court Yard. The room was equipped with different furnitures that made our stay pleasant. It had a good sized fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker with coffee. The WIFI worked very well. The bed was comfortable, the TV worked very well. The hot breakfast was nice, it had everything a traveller needed, and there was a nice Yogurt selection.

The room wasn't cleaned daily, only a towel change. Had to also call durning my stay to request towels and wash rags. Shower wasn't cleaned the empty shampoo bottles I used day 2 of my stay remain there the entire stay.

Property was close to a few attractions.

• Queen Suite

The bed was a little lumpy and the ac was a bit iffy

Although an older room it was very clean and good value for the price with a great location with close access to head downtown via car. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Our room was a bit old but clean

staff very nice, breakfast was very good. A good location for the price. very close to the Capulano suspension bridge attraction and not to long of a cab ride to downtown Vancouver.

• Queen Suite

The only thing we didn't like was having to leave....

The location of the property is 1st class for anyone exploring the local area. The White Spot restaurant is a 10 minute walk away and has a good menu at reasonable prices. There is a bus service that will take you direct to the water taxi terminal for a crossing into Vancouver City. If you have a car, Stanley Park (must see) is 5 minutes away, and the Capilano suspension bridge and treetop walkway is 3 minutes drive away. The Capilano bridge complex must be put on your to see list as it is a fantastic facility on the doorstep of the Comfort Inn. Driving to Vancouver airport in afternoon traffic took 35 minutes.

Low budget type hotel. Not fancy but adequate, best wester next door not as cozy. Staff are running around tending to everything, they do great keeping up and it’s a lot of work. Ladies clean rooms well. We booked at the $100.00 range time, which is about all the hotels in this area are worth. Great staff though. Thanks

• Queen Suite

Friendly, caring staff. Provided a crib for our baby, helping her sleep very well. Free parking. After our trip had ended and we had returned to our city, I realized that there had been a mistake in our payment that was inconsistent with what we had seen on booking.com. Even though it was after the trip, they easily fixed it over the phone and returned back the incorrect charges to our credit card.

The place was a little dated. They have slowly upgraded parts of the room and it was a great start but could go a little farther.... with that said everything worked and was clean....its just looks and only a big deal to some people

It was one of the cleanest places I have stayed. The cleaning staff was amazing

Parking lot conversations could be heard into the night, so think about that before you book rooms.

We had ground floor access which maybe it easy to load and unload.

I expected the same calibre as the Comfort Inn in Victoria - it was anything but. The room we were assigned was saturated with the smell of tobacco and marijuana smoke. They did move us, but the lax attitude seemed to permeate the whole place. Breakfast was disappointing, tables left dirty so we had to sit in other people's filth. The room seemed clean, but it just did not inspire my confidence that it was actually clean. I feel like this location is an anomaly based on my experience with other Comfort Inn locations.

The website I used to book the room claimed it had 2 queen beds, but they were doubles. Also said there was a pool, but didn't note that it's seasonal.

Everything was clean

The house keeping doesnt work well, we ask for new towel becase we stay for more than 1 day. But they dont give us at all !

I like the location, very easy to find !

Just a comment re questions about Genius Perks and the pool. We were not informed about Genius Perks and it was too cold and rainy to use the pool.

The breakfast had more choices than expected. The staff were very accommodating. The location was perfect - close to the end of the Lions Gate Bridge and to the highway to the Horseshoe Bay ferry.

I was just looking for a place to stay for one night. The Comfort Inn was in a good location for what I needed and met all my expectations. I arrived late - about 1:00 AM and they were ready and waiting for me.

Would have preferred if breakfast was available for 630 am rather than 7

Arrived late due to snowstorm but check-in was fast and efficient. Room was good, quiet, and warm. Ample parking. Breakfast in the morning was very good. great location near the main highway so getting there and then into downtown was easy.

• Queen Suite

The room was absolutely freezing cold and the stench of Marianas was so strong coming from an adjacent room that it caused me to have to use my inhaler.I Wasn't asked how my stay was when I left. In fact the person who processed my bill said absolutely nothing and didn't even make eye contact with me.

The staff were pleasant when I checked in.

• Queen Suite

First room was not made up and fridge was defrosting into a bunch of towels . This was at midnight and we weren't ready for that. Front door to office was locked and not to swift to find another room.

• Queen Suite

the walls and floor are very thin. You can hear every sound from your neighbours. tired looking rooms and exterior.

price was good for vancouver . staff was friendly and helpful. everything worked. clean. great location -easy access to #1 hwy

Poor breakfast, plastic spoons -forks - knives, carton glasses. The room wasnt very clean and it wasnt ready by the time of check-in.

Excellent wifi, spacious room, all day coffee facility for free

Parking was accessible, close to the front doors. Rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable! Staff were courteous and welcoming. I will stay here again for future visits in the area!!!

Breakfast was beyond poor - small cramped foyer, loads of people, very little food - ran out of orange juice, coffee, eggs. My advice - stay here but don't bother with breakfast, and go over the road to the 24-hour Dennys instead.

Room was large and clean, although both basin and toilet cistern were cracked.

Our bathroom had a lot of hair on the floor when we checked in. I didn't like the fact that even though I arrived during breakfast hours, when the food ran out they didn't provide more.

Breakfast wasn't as good as the description. Basically when they ran out of food breakfast was over. Even when I came during breakfast hours the staff member told me they won't be making more eggs.

Staff needs to pay attention to the room after it's been cleaned. We had to be moved to another room when upon entering the bathroom I saw water coming out of the tank and water was flowing onto floor

Had a roof over our heads.

My family decided to stay one more night and they extended our stay with the same rate that we got from booking.com. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Great location, away from the city traffic but short drive to downtown vancouver and easy route going to the north side. Highly recommended.

The power was out due to a car accident on the hiway. The staff never came by to check on the the guests, nor did they provide flashlights, or inform us of what was going on. I think it could have been handled better.

Bathroom vanity lights very dim and problematic for taking out contact lenses. Some rooms are on the street and noisy. Closing bathroom door helps. Wanted a relaxing epsom salt bubble bath after skiing and the sound of traffic was not relaxing. Hotel was full or we would have requested another room.

Staff courteous. Room older not fancy but clean. Mattress and pillows very comfortable.

we always wish for indoor pool!

cozy. Nice to have the kitchenette... Last time we stayed the room was much smaller and hard to manouver with 4 people.

there was a room freshener smelling to strongly the duration of my stay and I am very sensitive to scents. the bathroom sink plunger was stuck and couldn't brush teeth properly, toilet kept running had to fix it so it would stop.

the facility was clean and the beds very comfortable. liked that we could drive up and unload easily. breakfast was adequate and nice to have hot options.

• Queen Suite

This is clearly a very old and dated facility, but they’ve done some decent updating.

The complimentary breakfast was top notch - hot food, hard boiled eggs, pastries, etc.

When I booked the room on line, I was quoted a rate, yet when I arrived at the motel, where I have stayed numerous times, the front desk said I had made a mistake on the dates, and they charged my nearly double the rate I was expecting.

May be the curtains in the room could be cleaned, they were dusty. The rooms could be renovated too.

There are bus stops for several busses close to the hotel, so you can go very easily to downtown, Stanley park, or to Growse mountain, Lynn canyon park or capilano bridge. Breakfast is good. The rooms are large enough, and very quiet. And very friendly staff!

Your rooms are okay, could use some updating on the air conditioning and heating unit. In my room there were some bathroom tiles that looked like they had mold in the crevices. In the breakfast area you need to make sure everything works and that you do not mix up the milk containers. Your 2% milk container does not work properly and one morning you had 1% milk in the 2% container.

Easy access to the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park and to Stanley Park and Downtown Vancouver.

Bathroom drain plug clogged and broken. Stood in dirty shower water ankle deep. Long time to drain. No fridge and no microwave in room.

Comfortable bed

The room was stinky, the cable at the back of the tv was loose (we fixed it). There was no mini fridge and some light fixtures were visibly broken. Our room was right by the busy road and the bathroom was lit up with the hotel sign. There was construction above us in the late afternoon. I could hear someone snoring in the next room . Do not recommend but there are many hotels in this area so choose another.

Coffee was tasty

• Queen Suite

pre authorisation amounts taken when already paid for room small maintenance issues with room

property easy to find . liked the complimentary gym access, and breakfast.

Non-descript property. All would have been fine except that one room had dozens of spider mites in both beds. They were given another room. Initially seemingly very well with no charge accomodation. Sadly upon their return home they discovered the charge was processed after all.

Breakfast was good.

Rooms dingy and odd smelling. Breakfast area awkward and overcrowded. Food was pretty boring and there was only plastic cutlery and paper plates.

Beds were comfortable. Good location for needs.

• Queen Suite

More washers and dryers in the laundry room. The breakfast room was also very crowded.

We got to stay in room 228 and it was basically a one bedroom apartment. It was located in the back of the property overlooking the adjacent neighborhood and was very quiet and comfortable.

A great location close to highway, and restaurants. I didn’t have the opportunity to use the pool or hot tub, if there was one, and didn’t have breakfast as my conference supplied breakfast both days. Clean, affordable, and comfortable.

This hotel has been here my whole life! It’s old and not in a “heritage” way. They’ve done their best to keep it up, but the age shows.

There are not a lot of hotels in this area, so the choice was determined by location. If you need a place to sleep at an okay rate, the Comfort Inn will be just fine.

• Queen Suite

No elevator to level 2, had to carry our suitcases up the stairs.

Large room, with separate bedroom. We had a room in the 'courtyard' on level 2.

The service was poor, especially the front desk. I read that bottled water was available but the staff kept asking us to drink tap water. I needed the water for hiking and they kept on lying about the fact that there was none, it was locked up, etc. My husband wanted some ice for his drink and the ice machine broke down. He was told to get it from the next hotel since it is owned by the same owner. That was ridiculous!

The hot breakfast was good. The food refills are quite prompt!

A plug for the bathtub would have been appreciated.

Staff were very courteous; room was clean and comfortable, but no plug for the bathtub. Breakfast was plentiful and well presented. Difficult to drive off a very busy road into the parking lot ... parking itself was great.

The room was small, dark and did not smell very fresh and the beds were terrible.

The room was dingy and did not smell very fresh and the beds were the worst we have slept in, ever.

Bed was pretty hard but sleepable. Breakfast was nothing special, everything appeared premade. Was exactly the same each day. Not much variety.

The location was far cheaper during my convention. As a student ut was outrageous that every place within a mile of the convention center jacked rates up to the $500 a night range.

High carb breakfast, pool. Old facility.

Too many fake food/packaging/ carbs and not healthy breakfast. Pool not very nice, very busy street and not too wonderful of area; close to ferry though....

• Queen Suite

Couch was totally uncomfortable and needs to be replaced. Everything seemed tired and old. Room was dark even during the day

Location was great. Close to restaurants you could walk to. Room had kitchenette and separate sitting area.

• Queen Suite

Room needed updating. Breakfast was very average. No toaster, no kettle, no jug for the coffee machine.

Location as it was convenient for our onward journey.

Nothing to mention.

Good price for the hotel facilities! Well located! Price-quality good! Recommend it to stay although its not in downtown...it has easy access and you can take public transport, if necessary

• Queen Suite

Very bad in general ! First , the recepcionist told us we could do the check in at 1:00pm and when we arrived, the other one only let us to check in at 4:00pm. I reserved 2 baby cribs 3 months in advance and the general manager simply told us he could not meet our needs (we were travelling with 3 kids). Rooms were not clean and the service not acceptable. I've never been so much disappointed in a hotel like this time !

Only the location.

not to close to sea bus, but taxis and public transportation are quick.

Good price for Vancouver in the summer, rooms were clean, arrived early and staff took care of our luggage and even got us breakfast and a coffee. will stay there again. The front counter staff are very polite and quick to handle any concerns.

Can't think of anything I didn't like.

Great access to public transit into vancouver, bed is very comfortable, and staff are kind and helpful. The curtains block light very well, so you can take a short nap without being bothered by the light.

Bathroom very small and needed cleaning. Staff not responsive to complaint about missing coffee part. Loud ac unit. Hot and cold water faucets on wrong sides.

Location. Friendly staff. Bed comfortable. Breakfast supply maintained well.

The tv screen is 720 pixels and the image is not very ok... but it did not bother us too much.

All staff is Very nice, Smiling, helpful, and clean. If you don't know the city people from reception can help you with all info-very documented staff.

• Queen Suite

The breakfast was very average. Could be improved.

Location was excellent rooms were large and clean and the staff were very friendly. Breakfast was a little basic but still OK. Overall a very good value for money motel. Would come back anytime.

• Queen Suite

Main areas of hotel look a bit tired. Door locks could work better - cleaners left our door unlocked. Breakfast a little limited in range.

Handy position just north of Lion Bridge so great for Vancouver centre and Stanley Park

The tub would not drain when showering. The hot tub had a slight bubble, no pressure. This site is in need of upgrades.

The location was easy to locate and parking was plentiful.

The property was overdue for a refurb. Many things about this hotel said "I am an old property that hasn't been updated in quite a while."

Convenience to where our local contacts lived.

Hotel definitely needs an renovation. Price is very high considering the hotel conditions.

Good location considering you would like to stay in North Vancouver

• Queen Suite

Breakfast buffet location too small and not well organized. To much queue. Difficult to reach the food.

Good location close to Vancouver, Capilano and Horseshoe bay.

Our room 214 had a bit of road noise but it didn't affect sleep

Clean big bed and had an organic as well as recycle bin. We got there an hour before check in but they checked us in

This hotel needs a full upgrade it's run down, rooms smell from old carpet, I wouldn't stay again. We checked out a day early it was depressing, luckily we stayed with friends one night, and then refunded me 1 night for leaving early. Staff were very friendly, but hotel is old !!

• Queen Suite

From the bedroom you could hear the noise of the AC's external units. It was very loud, we slept with earplugs. Pool is very small.

The room they gave us was a studio with a separate bedroom. It had a kitchen with a TV and a sleeping couch. The breakfast is great, they never run out of food. Good coffee and waffles.

• Queen Suite

Too far from downtown Vancouver. Taxi fares added up! Also there was no elevator.

Close to Capilano Suspension Bridge via a free shuttle service. Very friendly and helpful staff. I left my raincoat at the hotel, and Monica contacted a cab service to drive the coat down to the cruise ship for me.

Have enjoyed staying at this Comfort Inn in the past, and this trip was no exception. Excellent service, staff are always very friendly and accomodating. The facilities are great as is the location. It will be greatly missed when the new construction is finished. As I live on the Sunshine Coast it is always very convenient to stay here and it is easy to navigate throughout the lower mainland from this point, hate to see it go.