Reviews of Comfort Inn Toronto North 2 stars

66 Norfinch Drive North, North York, M3N 1X1 Toronto, Canada

#117 of 133 hotels in Toronto

6.2

• Comfort Care Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only thing was the refrigerator did not work well. I was OK but not great. I called the front desk and was told that someone would come to check it out but that did not happen.

The bed was extremely comfy. Excellent value for the money. Bathroom and room was very clean and quiet. The a/c worked very well. The location was very near the highway with easy access and also close to all amenities.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel corridonr not very clean, brakfast to monotonous, breakfast room too small with noisy chears. Necessity to log in with password every day ore sverel times every day in case you leave the motel or switch off your device.

Well located motel, clean rooms, nice-friendly staff.

• Comfort Care Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They are doing renovation, all the day hotel is very noisy. And most important, staffs behavior is not friendly (I did not see even a smile. Only the lady that serves breakfast behaves friendly)

Room is good. (Size of the room and appliances are acceptable)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I when down one morning to ask the front desk to extend my stay for 1 more night the front desk person wasn’t helpful at all. Later that evening I went back and a different person was on he went in the system and in no time told me it was done .

When I checked in the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Comfort Care Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We really enjoy this hotel We travel often & ended up here one night late when the comfort inn park & fly over booked us, we have been coming back ever since to enjoy staff & Violets wonderful breakfast ever since It’s very comfortable & reasonably priced

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a lot of noise from construction work going on in the facility, There was a power outage for about 3 hours on my first night at the hotel, worse still no explanations or apologies was given by the staff. We were also over charged (billed for an initially undisclosed cancellation fee) and had to go through a lot of hassles trying to sort out the whole situation.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty, the shampoos were half used. The air conditioner blew hot air. The key cards stopped working 3 times, had to get the activated again. The breakfast wasn’t very good. There is nothing around the location to do. The doors outside didn’t work so u had to keep using the main door.

The staff were very friendly

• Comfort Care Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First room looking like bedding hadn’t been changed from last guest. Wrinkled where someone slept, hair in the sheets, and dirty pillowcase. Got moved to another room which the bathroom was in very poor shape and old. Found dead bedbugs in the bed (I always check). Asked for money back and stayed elsewhere instead. Not fun after a six hour drive.

Regardless of issues. Staff were very helpful and understanding. The rooms that are renovated are much better than previous stays.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Maybe in the future a indoor swimming pool??

The room was very clean and comfortable,quite, breakfast was just right Your staffs were very friendly and caring, tentative to our needs,

• Comfort Care Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't as clean as I had expected. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed, and the shower floor was dirty. Also, I was unable to get a good night's sleep due to other guests slamming doors and talking in the hall ways.

Excellent customer service.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This place is not handicap friendly, I have a disability and they tried to send me to the second floor and they had no elevators, I finally got a room on the first floor but I booked a room with two queen beds got only one

Location and the morning breakfast was good

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff member who caused me to pay the full amount of cancellation fee, was not very gracious, but thank you for the opportunity to be able to book a room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I'm assuming the mattresses are new, however, they were really firm - they were actually too firm for us.

To begin with the young man who we checked in with (around 4:00 Tues. afternoon Feb. 27/18) was so polite, nice, helpful and friendly. What a treat, he is certainly a very big asset to this Comfort Inn. We have stayed here before and were impressed with the renovations - very nice. We had the complimentary breakfast and I must say we really enjoyed it. The lovely lady who worked this area was such a sweetheart - again very helpful and oh so friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The attention to detail in the room was outstanding. The breakfast warmed me up to future stays at the Comfort Inn Chain of Hotels. Made me feel at home, what else can I say. The place was very accommodating. The Staff there were absolutely amazing. The desk admission Andrew Asare was extremely accommodating and provided me with the special treatment I was not expecting from anyone. He went above and beyond to ensure that my room was exactly what I wanted and even called me after I got settled in the room to make sure. Unexpected, really I have stayed at many other Comfort Inn's and had not come to expect this. Their policy towards customer service comes in as Number One in my experience. BRAVO Comfort Inn for the service, the room cleanliness and attention to detail.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I have no complaints..very good quality for the price

They serve a very nice breakfast in the morning and keep evrything the only thing that is not well stocked; they also have fresh coffee on at all times which I enjoy and they make cookies and lemon water in the evening for their guests! Nice touch

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not elevator, near to really noise highway and very noise heather... We couldn't sleep all night because of all noise....we asked to change to room far of highway and they said not.

Price, near to airport

They wanted to charge me $25 for an early check in time , check in 2 pm & I was there at 12:30 pm . Doing construction in one part of the hotel & that is where they put me , very noisy & dusty , did move me 👍 . Every time I left the building ( 2 night stay ) my key won’t work, got lots of steps in !

Staff was very friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was woken up by call from desk after midnight saying that I had ordered a pizza which I hadn’t. Was called twice. There was no elevator. Ground level floor had a surcharge.

Parking, quick check in

That other comfort inns aren’t the same friendly staff & service

Very impressed with everything about this hotel, we came in late from a park & fly at the airport comfort inn location, however due to delays the rooms were sold out so we quickly drove to this hotel & the fast check in was amazing then to find out parking was included then on top of that we were offered a free full breakfast in the morning by Violet who was the cook & was absolutely amazing & attentive to my needs as I suffer from celiac so it was very helpful to have her there with options for absolutely everyone, we were beyond satisfied with our stay & will now travel out of our way to stay there when we visit downtown Toronto just for the service but comfort & satisfaction on top This is a fantastic hotel for your money for sure!! Highly recommended :)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the only thing is the location, it's very far from downtown and a little bit noisy.

It's a really nice Hotel very clean and the beds are amazing. I would recommend it.

They couldn't find the booking at first and the charged an extra fee for me to pick my room The room was unbelievably hot They had construction in the next room making a lot of noise and when I called from my phone, room phone didn't work I was told they would be done by 11 . They also started their work at 9am on a sunday The noise really ruined my evening. The workers were also smoking in the hall which was not allowed There was a massive bug that kept crawling across the door frame There was mold in the bathroom and the dryer didn't eork The tv had only 3 channels that were watchable the rest had lines all over and the TV was very small I waited 2 hours for extra pillows When I spoke with the staff they seemed very unconcerned and really didn't care seemed like they got the same complaints all the time

The location suitd my purpose. And the price was better than the other hotels in the area but you get what you pay for

Using Debit or Cash is a big issue for some of us. That starts my experience poorly especially when I received a confirmation number confirming booking but then arrived to find they do not accept debit

brand new beds and brand new bathroom.

The fact that they have to charge you double for retainers fee and it takes about 5 business day to get your money back is what I don’t like

I love everything about the hotel and I am definitely coming back

The hotel is old no elevator and the staff has no idea what te other staff is saying. I had money for deposit taken out of my credit card with the promise that my money would be reimbursed the next day, it’s been 3 days and I still have not received it. When I confronted the staff re what I was promised, the answer he had for me was “it was not me who promoises you, sorry” so each staff member is only responsible for what the other staff member “said” and no one is talking on behalf of the business.

The bed runner was quite noticeably dirty. Went to have a bath and there was no plug. Had to call desk 3 times before getting and the it was broke when it arrived.

The bed was comfortable and the room was large

The staff was not very friendly. He wanted a security deposit and would not accept a credit card, he said' I am trying to help you". Help me? When I am paying?

It was okay.

they don't answer the phone. also i requested some towels for the room, and after calling 3 times and speaking to someone i had to come pick them up at front after waiting 5 hours that it would be coming to me

Formalities when checking in. Wasn't asked my name or anything or verified my night stays, asked for ID and credit card and thats it. I've worked in hotel .. its a little important to just communicate a little lol.

Beds are comfortable and clean. Housekeeper did an awesome job 2nd day. Breakfast was very good, lots of options, and the lady running breakfast was very kind when I was late lol. Right off the highways, easy to get in and out.

Everything, beds were not comfortable, food was terrible, bathroom was dirty upon arrival. The white male staff member with a French accent was completely useless.

Nothing, would never recommend this hotel

Had trouble accessing the Wi-Fi. I was told that there was no microwave for us to use to warm our food. The room was a bit cold even with the heat on.

Some of the staff was very helpful.

There is nothing negative I have to say about my stay at the Comfort Inn North.

The Staff was always very helpful and friendly. The bed was comfortable. We really liked having the fridge and microwave available for our use.

My room had bedbugs and Nothing was done Not even a sorry from Management or a free night and spent over $1400 at this property.

The cleaners that cleaned my room was the only people that tried to accommodate me.

The cleaning staff would frequently not clean the room or make the bed. Things were constantly missing from my room to the point where I took everything to work with me. Every day for 11 weeks while I was staying here. The breakfast, constantly late and served the same burnt eggs every day. The wifi was near usless. Horrible hotel.

There is nothing good I can really say about the property. The staff at the front desk were always helpful though. Be it issues checking in or issues with the room.

Breakfast poor, facilities a bit shabby, some rather undesirable people hanging around in the lobby.

Staff friendly, room adequate, location good for me.

Bathroom really needs renovation....extensive mold on grout of wall tiles around the shower, peeling paint on the doorframe, cigarette burns on the washbasin (from when smoking was allowed...today it is a non-smoking hotel). Room was quiet enough but aged wall mounted heating & ventilation system was noisy when functioning. The chairs in the breakfast room need to have felt or rubber pads installed on the ends of the chair legs, as when moved across the hard tiled floor they create a lot of noise which echoes in the room.

Comfortable bed, good room price, friendly staff in breakfast room.

It was under exterior construction, so rates should have been even less. There were dumpsters in parking areas close to doors

The room was quite nice, and the breakfast was perfect each morning, to start out long day at the hospital.

If you know you are having renovations you need to step up your service to make people want to be in that chaos. Not confrontational and unwilling to get your rooms occupied at that time.

The exit for the parking lot was the only open space so we could leave-thank goodness!

need newer curtains and window lock.

The hotel was just renovated, so it's getting better. The bed is comfortable, carpet was clean, room furnishings are new and fresh. Breakfast is basic, but it is free. Location is good if you need to be north York.

Have to be careful about construction equipment on the parking lot.

The hotel is under renovation. That's why you can get excellent value for money now. It didn't bother me at all while in the room.

The hotel was under renovations and the noise of the construction equipment bothered us early in the morning. Our balcony door (on the first floor) had been left unlocked unbenownst to us.

Nice bed. Nice breakfast.

The cable connection is antiquated, they still use coax connection to the tv directly, the reception was pretty bad, couldnt enjoy any shows or movies during our downtime. The bathroom was not really upto the standard, but I guess they are about to renovate that, so it might change in few months time.

The price of the room and couple of staff personnel were very pleasant to deal with. The bed was comfortable, the front desk trainee was very professional. I also liked the fact that they were renovating most of the property without causing much hassle to the customers.

Breakfast could run a little longer considering we were on vacation I would have liked to sleep in!

The front desk employees were very friendly. We were greeted and served by Austin. He was very kind and quick! We stayed in the lobby and had a wonderful conversation with him. He made us feel very welcomed!

I had requested one large bed, I got two small, the remote for the tv did not work, the phone did not work, the bathroom was dirty, no hot water, holes in the walls. the staff, although seemed to be caring, never offered me a new room. the website said the hotel was under renovations. its more like construction. there was a crane outside of my window!

No local CBC channel. Didn’t carry the Toronto vs Montreal game. No hairdryer, room smelled like smoke. Noisy air/heating system. Desk staff did not take my complaints seriously. Room beside side door, noisy, but convenient in case of fire. NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

It was available on short notice (now I know why) Only a place to flop after driving all day. All the good hotels were booked.

This was a horrible place to stay . The hallways smelt like wet dog. The rooms were incredibly hot and the air would not turn on, we opened the curtain to open the window and there was a huge fork lift in the window blocking any air flow . I was never told I'd be charged a security deposit of $150 then at checkout was told it would be returned in 3-5 minutes then when I called back when I didn't get it right away I was told it takes 3-5 days! Well that was all the money I had and did not budget for it as I was not told prior ! Worst experience ever . Will NEVER stay here again !

Super last minuter trip. Staff was not the friendliest and rooms and hallway smelled like cigarettes... felt like price was too much for the environment within the hotel.

the staff offered me single room after checking in and asked for double bed room as per my booking . the staff was asking if I used the room. That is not ugly question.

did not like it at all. you should remove it from your list of hotels.

The property was a mess. Under construction both inside and out. Our room was clean and updated, but surrounding us was mess..kind of disconcerting esp at night. Staff was nice . Sh have gotten a discounted rate.

Room was fine

The maid left our balcony doors unlocked. We didn't know they were unlocked when we arrived and we were on the first floor. Someone could have robbed us. As well, the hotel is under construction so we were awakened by the machinery right outside our window at 7:30/8am every day.

Comfortable bed. Right by the highway. Good breakfast.

The breakfast which is included in the price is sub-par. I'm used to European breakfasts and this is not it. No healthy options available. Also I was not impressed by the fact that plastic cups, plates and cutlery was used. There is definitely room for improvement there.

The room was decent value for money. Nice and comfortable bed. Not the most stylish decorations, but very functional.

Bathroom was in terrible condition. Dripping bathtub tap that kept me awake at night; peeling paint on ceiling; bathtub surface inside tub looked dirty and awful - don't think it was actually dirty, just messed up.

Bed was comfortable. A/C was good. Breakfast was ok but not wonderful. Had to wait for coffee the first morning as they ran out for about 10 minutes.

Location was a fair bit out but it was nice and quiet.

Great clean and decent sized rooms. Staff were super friendly. The comfort inns are always great hotels to stay in and would definitely Book again / recommend.

My hotel room door was left open by housekeeping for the entire day after I left for work. All my belongings were left vulnerable to any one. The door appeared closed but did not lock shut. This was until I arrived back at my room at 6:30 pm. I also sent a letter to the day manager in writing via email and no response. It's been 3 days and no answer no acknowledgement Manager name is Nikki. Where is the security of the room.

Overall cost.

Unknowledgeable staff, mold in tub embarrassment at front desk

Called before went to clarify security deposit wanted $500 and charge to CC but when called said $150 and not returned to card until 3 to 5 business days ....or could by debit but same response . When arrived said I could pay cash for deposit but couldn't rent room without a credit card even though they had already charged my debit. I arrived at 1:50pm rooms not ready yet had to wait until 2:30pm front desk gentleman who was helping me could hardly understand him. He didn't know area so to find a bank machine he was unsure for cash deposit. Room was clean although mold in bathroom around tub and wall paper falling off in bathroom I was in room 201. When checking out new gentleman at front desk asked for my debit or cc to refund deposit I said paid cash for the deposit so then he said well then I have to check room first. Made me feel like I would of done something wrong by paying cash for a deposit. I had again wait for him to check room and say in front of other checking out guests rom fine u can have your deposit back. Then after he gave deposit of the $150 back he then asked for my debit to charge the room which was already paid for. Then while at my car putting my stuff in he came out he said I had to come back in to charge room because transition was declined. And then said he was sorry you paid cash. Male staff did not introduce themselves were rude and looked like they didn't know anything.

The ke;y didn't work in the door so someone had to let us in everytime we left...there was a picture missing from the wall but the hangers were still there....the smoke alarm was hanging half detached in wall. Cock roach in room so all clothing needed to be cleaned before traveling futher. The vending machine didn't work properly.. Not close to amentities. Construction was outside room

STaff was very nice

Dirty room, cigarette smoke smelling room, no pool although pics on website show a pool. Needs upgrading.

The first room we were given was not clean. The shower was dirty with old soap still in the shower. The bed linens were dirty. There was no microwave or mini fridge in the room either. I am not sure how it was not noticed! Front desk staff was gracious and apologetic and changed our room immediately. Next room was slightly bigger, and the beds were clean. The bathroom could have been better. Wall paper peeling, holes from old towel bars that were removed in the wall. Shower did not look like it was washed, just rinsed out. We wiped it down before use. This room was ok but smelled like smoke...in a no smoking hotel. Burn marks on the sink counter. The beds were new and firm and the pillows were nice. The TV reception was horrible...the picture was snowy. Overall it was just ok. Kitchen staff and morning front desk staff were lovely.

Messy tables in the breakfast area and 2 spillages ( maple syrup and orange juice left on floor) when we arrived for breakfast still their when we left.

Excellent reception staff, clean room , would definitely use again.

I didn't like the fact that I didn't find this place sooner.

The bed was comfortable, the room was just clean! I was so comfortable to call Comfort Inn my home for this trip. Daily breakfast for 6 nights was a plus. Will be staying here again. Panjeet at the front was amazing help! Checkin and out was fast and easy with her as she never ignored guest presence like other agents and always put guest satisfaction first! Close to public transit, shopping and food.

The hotel is quite far from downtown.

In room facilities. You have microwave oven, fridge, coffee pot with enough coffee for 2 nights. Nice & clean bed, towels. Superb breakfast - sausages are tasty. YOu can make your own hot waffles just right away.

The bathroom wasn't the cleanest. The grout between the tiles were pink with soup scum. This can be easily cleaned but was not. Also the bed was comfortable but if my husband moved a muscle the entire bed shook like there was an earthquake lol.

The location was good

Property undergoing renovation, so there some inconvenience to overcome. Sliding soor to outside from room was broken and forced locked awaiting repair. Breakfast was acceptable albeit restocking service was slow. Slight issue with slow return of deposits to my credit card, but finally resolved after 4 days.

Rooms are spacious. Plenty of linens and great water pressure, quiet and very comfortable. Interent was very good as well. Front desk at check in was great, very professional.

There were no movies available on the television, and the towel rack broke. The breakfast was included in the price but limited.

The bed was comfortable.

The WiFi was free but unreliable, TV reception wasn't great. The outside of the building is a mess but presumably under renovation.

The room and bathroom were perfectly clean and comfortable. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Good breakfast, many choices. Iron and ironing board a good idea, washer and dryer available, also has an exercise room.

Our view was the 400 highway which was non stop all night. The room was quiet but you could hear the cars in the background. Also the room wasn't vacuumed as we found a gold earring and rolled up ball of tape on the floor by the bed. The sheets had some holes and stains on them too.

The room was very spacious and the options for breakfast were fantastic. It's really close to the major highways and there's a small shopping mall nearby for food.

There wasn't one area that could not have been improved. It may have been a bad night, but hearing from some of the crowd outside, this is the standard this location accepts

There was not much to like about this place The location is good, the price was a draw, but it may have been a bad night the crowd in the place was unique. I felt for an American couple first time in Canada, going to Wonderland with kids who had concerns, We assured them that this location is not up to standards that Comfort Inn sets and maybe that is reflective in the price. We offered views on better locations that we be more suitable for their needs

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

This size of room with only the choice of two DOUBLE beds is NOT recommended for a family of four. The better choice would have been QUEEN size beds, but then the room would have to be larger or the furniture re-arraigned. Housekeeping seemed distracted in their task, missing basic toiletries and having to run down to ask for the missing items.

Breakfast was a welcome surprise, I was expecting the usual varaiety of toast, buns and dry cerials, but was surprised to find hot items and a selection of yogurts as well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Although the breakfast had a good variety the quality has room for improvement. The layout for eating is a bit cramped but workable.

Facilities were close to our function. It was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. For the purpose of our stay it was very good value for the money.

The bathroom door was broken

I booked online and asked for a drive up room, when I arrived they had me booked in another room which was not ground level, but the clerk quickly changed that, also you should put the total price of the room not sub total also warn customers that there is also a $ 150.00 deposit on the room, what if the customer only had enough money for the price quoted to them at time of booking

• Comfort Care Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was too hard so I folded my comforter in half and laid on it. The breakfast in the morning was good but either the eggs or the bacon wasn't there until after I was finished on two of the mornings.

Breakfast had a variety of choices. Ex waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal, toast, muffins, fruit, etc

On Sunday there was no sausages. All were gone. Could not talk to manage. Renovations in the building and no one told us it would be so. Couldn't sleep. Noisy. The worst experience ever

There was no hot breakfast!! Front staff said there was a delicious hot bteakfast....and all they had was cereal. Not enjoyable as some guests had hot meals but others did not

The rooms were decent

There was a huge open hole in the shower, above the bathtub. Debris from the ceiling was all over the bathtub. When I showered the water and debris filled up the tub, it was completely disgusting. Coffee maker did not work, water filled up into coffee grain area and did not release into the pot. Too expensive for this poor quality Inn. 172.00$ was unacceptable.

The bed was comfortable. Quiet Room.

They over charged me I send them email phone call they never return my email and phone call I'm still waiting for my credit there which they over charged me I spoke to Ivan about this matter but no respond he never call me back Thanks

Room was OK breakfast was very good I enjoyed that

This hotel is located in a shabby place. Hotel is a 2 storey building with no elevator. Carpets have not been shampooed or replaced for somtime now and fire extinguisher is out of date.

Room was okay, bed was comfy.

front desk staff could be a little more friendly with tired travellers

Breakfast was wonderful, kitchen staff was super. Rooms were very nice and comfy and clean.