Reviews of Comfort Inn Winnipeg South 3 stars

3109 Pembina Highway, Fort Gary, R3T 4R6 Winnipeg, Canada

#35 of 69 hotels in Winnipeg

The hotel does not have elevator.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel does not have elevator. Since we had some luggage, it was hard to take them upstairs. We requested ground floor, thus we have to pay extra money.

LOCATION, STAFF FRIENDLY
    • Queen Room

SOFA MATTRESS AND SOME OF FURNITURE IS OLD NEEDS REPLACEMENT, THE QUEEN BED IS SMALL AS WELL AS THE WC AND WASH BASIN ARE TINY.

LOCATION, STAFF FRIENDLY

More than pleased !! Certainly a place I would reccomend and book for future visits to Winnipeg.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is accessible with many amenities close by. The surroundings are lovely. The Inn itself is well maintained and clean. The staff are very friendly but also professional in providing service. I would make this my base whenever in the city.

Great hotel!
    • Queen Room

Nothing. The whole experience was great.

It was clean. Staff were really nice. Rooms are nice. Cant beat the free breakfast. Close to highway, great for passing through Winnipeg.

We liked the location since it was close to where we spent...
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Since there were two of us seniors another chair would have been great. The love seat may have been great except it was difficult to get out of it since it was so low.

We liked the location since it was close to where we spent most of our time.We also liked the fact that it was really quiet during the night!

It was ok
    • Queen Room

The breakfast. The eggs were prefozen and heated with round pork sausages. No whirlpool. Its the One thing I look forward too is a nice hot breakfast.

Cleaniness

We were very pleased with the location, service and overall accomodations.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing that I can think of.

The front desk staff where awesome and very personable. The maintenance man was very friendly. The breakfast was more than satisfying and the lady working there was very polite and nice. They also let us use the breakfast room on our last day there, for family of the bride and groom to get together to open their wedding gifts and have some family time before everyone parted ways. (we were attending My son's wedding in Niverville)

It was convenient because it was close to my daughter's school
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No elevator!!!! My teenage daughter and I carried all 5 of our luggage upstairs by ourselves with no help! I had two little kids with me as well. You dont get a new roll of toilet papers until you're completely out (hotel policy) 🖓 In all 4 or 5 days we spent there, our bedsheets were not changed even once.

Rates were ok..and i got an additional discount when I ask after our 1st 3 nights. Room and bathroom very clean when we got there. Breakfast was good. The kids loved it. Heating in the room was superb during those cold Winnipeg nights

Would have been better if the kitchen staff was a bit more generous and proper.
    • Queen Room

If the hotel decides to serve food that should resemble generosity not careful cost effective event where the guests feel guilty about having an extra piece of egg or fruit or bagel. This is unacceptable.

The kitchen staff was rude asking people to watch their eating. If there is any restrictions for food during breakfast that should be told in the hotel reception. Different people have different appetite for breakfast and telling people to watch their eating can be insulting. I eat a big breakfast and I felt embarrassed by the kitchen staff’s behaviour.

Hotel was great. Breakfast - just ok.
    • Queen Room

Could have had a better quality breakfast. The omlet was ok the first day. The sausages and eggs(??) were questionable. I have never seen eggs like that. I had cereal - very good. Yogourt - wonderful.

Good value for the money. Clean, quiet, plug ins.

Toop floor room with no elevator was difficult for us, as seniors. They said we couldn't have 1st fl
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Maid made bed daily but just pulled up sheets. The bed was left wrinkled and sheets were never tucked in, like they were on arrival. Why bother making the bed- it must have taken all of five seconds!!

Beds were too soft.

Room was comfortable as such but adjacent to the the...
    • Queen Room

Room was comfortable as such but adjacent to the the stairway (no elevator!) and not soundproof at all. People running up/down the stairs all night, as if they were in my room - got no sleep. Room also had a slight mildew smell.

Good value for the price. Great location.
    • Queen Room

I would have preferred 2 Queen beds in the room as we were 3 adults and one of us had to sleep on the hideaway. There weren’t any rooms available with 2 Queen beds when we booked so no reflection on the facility.

We liked being on the ground floor. Fridge and microwave were definitely a plus for our snacks & beverages. Parking right in front of our room. Continental breakfast is a big saving and nice to eat on site before we started our day shopping.

I loved the fact we had a separate little building with only...
    • King Suite - Ground Floor

The bed was hard as rock and squeaky. Attention should be paid to some more comfortable mattresses and the stay would've been perfect.

I loved the fact we had a separate little building with only 6 rooms and no one above us. Quietest night's sleep we have ever had in a hotel!!!

Very comfy beds and kitchen staff person was exceptionally...
    • Queen Room

In light of the fact that most guests come with luggage you should provide an elevator to the second floor.

Very comfy beds and kitchen staff person was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Excellent Accomodation
    • King Suite - Ground Floor

My usual gripe, plastic tumblers and paper coffee mugs, but not really a complaint.!

Exceptional property. Everything was first class. Easy to find and handy Perimeter Drivw.

No elevator, and because we booked on-line at a supposedly...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No elevator, and because we booked on-line at a supposedly better rate, my sister and I (seniors), got a 2nd floor room. I did not appreciate having to drag my bag up and down the stairs. Condition shown at time of booking but at bottom in small print. When we asked if I had phone the hotel directly and asked for a senior rate would it have been cheaper, and we were told yes. Won't use booking.com again for this reason.

The lady working the breakfast area was very friendly,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lady working the breakfast area was very friendly, helpful, and efficient! contstantly cleaning up crumbs and wiping down the counters, refilling items and asking if anyone needed help. good work!

Staying at this location for one night and my boyfriend got...
    • Queen Room

Staying at this location for one night and my boyfriend got bite repeatly but a spider or some type of bug causing his arm and ankle to almost double in size with swelling

Disappointing.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed.

We did not get any sleep. The room was advertised as a King corner room. It did not have a king bed. We told them this was misleading. When you are looking for a room and see the word king you expect a king bed.

My wife and I had a pleasant stay at the comfort inn in Winnipeg.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No complaints. I was happy with my stay.

Hotel was clean and maintained. Staff was polite and friendly. breakfast was very good with good variety. there was road and sidewalk construction therefore entry was difficult at times. the hotel had no fault in this.

Enjoyed my time in Winnipeg Sth.
    • Queen Room - Pet-Friendly

Not so much Comfort Inn themselves but changing booking from 4 days to 2 with them through Booking.com was more difficult than expected. I was able to stay with other friends downtown for longer but I wasn't able to just change dates I found I had to cancel my entire original booking and start over to book again for 2 of same dates. Frustrating.

Location close to where friends live made it easy to keep in touch.

Convenient location, pleasant staff, reasonable rate, will stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

Would like to see more tea in rooms, just regular black tea. Not camomille etc. Hubby says coffee is good.

Great staff, nice pet rooms. No complaints, didn't have breakfast so can't comment

Smokey rooms
    • Queen Room

My hotel room Smelled like smoke along with the hallway. Now all my clothes for the rest Of my trip smell like smoke...so annoying especially for the price I paid.

Hot Breakfast included

Over priced hotel.
    • Queen Room

Hotel seemed old and a bit rundown. Bed was super hard. No elevator for the 2nd floor. 1st floor does not seem very secure (the rooms have patio doors that open to the parking lot, which I am not a fan of).

Very convenient location if you are just bypassing Winnipeg on the trans Canada highway, though not very close to downtown.

A very comfortable restful place to stay.
    • Queen Room

A restaurant or lounge on site or next door would have been nice.

The towels were fluffy and soft unlike most other places we have stayed. That was a pleasant surprise.

Great location. Great stay.
    • Queen Room

That we Didnt stay longer. :)

Love the ground floor rooms. Forgot toothbrush, they gave us some. Breakfast was perfect. Staff so friendly. Been here a few times and will go back again.

Came up short for our expectations
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This is getting to be a tired and worn place. No elevator to the second floor so my wife and I had to lug our bags up the stairs. Breakfast ended before we could get downstairs in the morning. It is difficult to get in and out of the parking lot onto Pembina Hwy which is a busy roadway so you need to be very careful. Lots of workers staying there which probably fits their needs but we will not stay there again.

it was very close off the bypass highway.
    • Queen Room

our room at the back on the second floor was right beside the stair exit so was noisy with traffic and banging doors. there is major road construction right in front of the property. entrance not marked well at all. not many restaurants around the hotel

it was very close off the bypass highway. breakfast room clean and well attended by staff. selection was fine.

Good pet stay!
    • Queen Room - Pet-Friendly

Breakfast eggs were fried and stiff. The rest of the breakfast items looked OK.

I loved that I was offered a doggie sheet- but I carry my own. I loved being able to use the sliding door to go out

Refugee hotspot
    • Queen Room

This hotel is old with only stairs. There were a large number of loud, drunk guests who were partying late into the night and roaming the hotel. There seems to be a fairly sizable group who are living there permanently with a few vehicles in the parking lot acting as storage for the family. This detracted significantly from the experience I expect with this line of hotel and created some safety and security concerns as well.

The staff was very friendly and attentive, the room was clean and had been updated recently.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Nice, simple, clean, safe stay in classy & friendly motel.
    • Queen Room

Location is 45 min DRIVE (with no traffic..) from downtown city & attractions.

Relatively clean and comfy beds, rooms, clean & simple bathrooms w/ necessities, plenty of free outdoor parking, fair hot breakfast and very quiet neighbourhood / building.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Beds were nice, room was clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

Room was a bit small, with 2 beds in it there was not much room for the dog crates.

Beds were nice, room was clean. Access door to outside directly from the room was great for the pets. Breakfast had lots of selection, attendant was very quick to refill and clean up. Location was easy to find from the main road and close to the dog show location.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Nice place to stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast is same always. Additions / variations such as beans in tomato sauce, mushrooms, variations in cereals, option of hot milk, cocoa milk, etc would be welcome.

Nice peaceful location, comfortable beds, friendly staff. Only 1 minute to the bus stop.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Comfort Inn a home away from home.
    • Queen Room

A bit more variety with the breakfast. I did not like the suasage pate much.

Breakfast was always on time. The front desk staff were always willing to assist and up to date with information.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Rock hard bed, noisy heater
    • Queen Room

Bed was like sleeping on the floor, extremely hard mattress, staff attempted to mitigate by adding thin layer of foam on top, but far too little to help. Also heater fan was very noisy keeping me awake most of the night. Had booked for 3 nights but left after only one.

Location was good allowing easy access to Perimeter hwy and city centre.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Enjoyable
    • Queen Room

The cleaning could been better, there was still garbage left behind on the desk the cleaner didn't take. Walls are rather thin...hear people on the other side.

Breakfast choices were great. Beds were comfy. Overall great!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The location.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

I was only able to stay one night or of the two I originally booked. I couldn't change my flight. The desk staff did apologize, however, informed me that they were unable to refund me the one night.

The location.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Highly Recommend
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Place was conveniently located to get on the #1 highway bed was comfy. We had TV trouble and the gentleman at the front desk came immediately and fixed the problem! Amazing service again by the lady cooking bacon and eggs in the morning. I would highly recommend this place.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Our holiday stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have nothing negative to say.

The gentleman who checked us in was very friendly and we had some great laughs while checking in. Our room was very clean and we slept well. The lady doing the breakfast was very helpful and pleasant. She took time to make each person feel welcome .

Good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I fell down inside their bathtub a day to my check out because it doesn't have grip or floor mat as substitute. I went down to inform them and ask for at least a simple hot balm to massage my arm and back and or analgesic but they have nothing no simple first aid kit. They only gave me a foot mat for to put inside the bathtub claiming that they only give it out on request. This has to change. Thanks.

The accessible location facility and breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Enjoyed my stay!

Notta.

The location might seem a bit out of the way, but if you're doing business in the south end of Winnipeg, it's perfect. In my experience, the staff seemed genuinely pleased to serve, (friendly, quick check-in; well-stocked continental breakfast with cheery attendant), comfortable rooms, amenities are typical and fair of the price range. I'd stay here again!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Thank you for a friendly face.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

The evening front desk lady was so helpful and kind. After being in a car for 14 hours she was amazing to talk to and deal with at the end of the day.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Very comfortable after a long day of visiting the Manitoba Summer Games!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

More than 1 bottle opener to share between all the rooms could be easily improved. Might be an opportunity to do some advertising.

The bed and pillows where very comfortable and appreciated.

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

NO ELEVATOR OR ASSISTANCE WITH SECOND FLOOR ACCOMMODATIONS. NO ITEMIZED BILL
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is NOT an elevator to 2nd Floor which was NOT listed in your description of 2nd Floor rooms. With a Knee injury I HAD to have ground floor. Also I had a large Suitcase for 8 day stay and they did NOT offer any assistance to get it to 2nd Floor. My adult son, staying elsewhere, carried both ways and assisted on room change. I requested the same rate for the new room, but I do not believe I was accommodated on Bill. I never did receive a hard copy of my bill which is customary.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Friendly staff.
    • Queen Room

No automatic door opener on the main entrance, difficult challenge for disabled. One of the items that recent renovation did not address. Must fix.

Wonderful staff, very friendly and cheerful breakfast lady.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Enjoyed our short stay.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast staff was fabulous - attentive, friendly, always cleaning. Service was excellent. Same goes for front desk check-in. A great welcome after a long day on the road. Plenty of room to park our moving truck/trailer.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

A little spendy, but very nice.
    • Queen Room - Pet-Friendly

Water was turned off and I would have liked to know about that before we arrived, not by a notice on the front door. The toilet seat was loose.

Excellent breakfast staff and front desk people. Bed was comfortable.

DEFINITELY my Choice Hotel

Peace and quiet.

The ambience and breakfast arrangements
    • Queen Room

The aircon is a bit loud.

The ambience and breakfast arrangements

I left my glasses behind and couldn’t get the staff to look for them
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

Beds are too small, not very clean

Patio doors, green area on property

Comfortable and clean.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast became monotonous. Same thing every day. Options didn't change. Same muffins. Same sausage. Same cereal, etc.

Pillow choices were good.

It was stinky in our room.

It was stinky in our room.

Very clean

Needs atm

Very clean

Staff helpfulness and friendliness.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff helpfulness and friendliness.

Great Value
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location, as we were driving across Canada

Price point good

No issues

It was a quiet location.

It was a good location for us
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We would prefer queen size beds rather than the double beds

The breakfast options

It was perfect!
    • Queen Room

There is nothing I didn`t like

Staff were helpful and friendly, room was clean and comfortable.

Room was priced right for what you received
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was fair, bed was fair

Location very good, room was good, brea

• Queen Room - Pet-Friendly

Good staff nice room I was happy

Loved it, needed rest

Love the quiet

Had a wonderful time. Thanx.
    • Queen Room

Front staff was very helpful and personable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Kleenex box was empty Microwave plate was dirty

Would have preferred a room downstairs as difficult taking...
    • Queen Room

Would have preferred a room downstairs as difficult taking suitcase upstairs and no elevator.

Thank you your hospitality and willingness to comply to your client is excellent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was very good the only thing that would be better if the beds were queen size instead of doubles

Very clean, quiet, restful comfortable place to stay while away from home

Pillows too thick

Bed very comfortable rooms clean smelled clean no odours quiet peaceful. No street noises

Nice comfy bed

No elevator

Nice comfy bed

Room was right temp when we walked in.
    • Queen Room - Ground Floor

Room was right temp when we walked in.

Great place to be and easy to find
    • Queen Room

It was an a great a clean hotel to stay in

Comfort inn is home away from home
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I love the staff and the facility

Staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

They didn’t put name of the meal like pig meat

Staff

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very clean and comfortable.

...

There isn't an ellavator I asked for ground floor room...
    • Queen Room

There isn't an ellavator I asked for ground floor room and they charged me more