Reviews of Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan Toronto 4 stars

8 Colborne Street, M5E 1E1 Toronto, Canada

#71 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• One-Bedroom Suite

not much privacy as room looks directly into private offices from every direction of the windows

great layout and lots of space. very central and dowbtown.

• Deluxe Suite

Out of any hotel I’ve stayed at, the staff here was amazing! Very personable and friendly also very accommodating. We will definitely stay here again.

Liked it all!

Everything! Room bigger and more comfortable than predicted! Restaurant excellent delicious food w great service. Staff at front desk friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back:)

Bed was way too firm.

Location was great, within walking distance of Union Station and right downtown. Rooms are huge! Food at the on-site restaurant was delicious for breakfast and dinner; great selection and quick service.

• Deluxe Suite

Customer service at the front desk was terrible. I called a week earlier to find out about parking valet and the told me they would fit my car no matter what and that didn’t happen we had to park down the street. They didn’t even care to accommodate. Manager at front desk was dismissive. Hotel was small. Room was nice but was expecting a balcony that I could walk into but it was too tiny. The living room area had a tv would of been better if I could want tv from the bed. Washroom wasn’t clean shower had water stains all over the handle and stainless steel.

The hotel room came with a kitchenette thought that was pretty cool.

• Deluxe Suite

Room was not clean. Shower glass had pee stain. Light switches were dirty. Building windows were very dirty. Blinds didn’t shut out the city lights.

Room was big. Location was great.

• Standard Suite

The overall service is unpleasant. They use unclear rules about kids. They put 3 people in one bed, but you discover only when you arrive. When you ask for another bed, you need to pay an additional fee, tax, etc. What for? Just to promote an unpleasant experience and lose the client. Very unwise policy! I recommend getting another hotel nearby; this is the magic of market competition.

Location and facilities.

• Deluxe Suite

No pool, sauna etc. Staff didn’t program our key properly so we couldn’t getting off on our floor and had to go back with all our things.

The room was very comfortable and the kitchenette very nice to have. The bed was also great condition and comfortable.

• Deluxe Suite

The hotel was so clean, and perfect and accurate to the description. Front desk was very polite! Let us check in 1.5 hours early as our room was ready. We had to attend church at 10 and check out was at 11, so the hotel offered to hold our luggage until we could claim it after church! So helpful! Free of charge to hold the luggage. Would stay again!

• Standard Suite

The staff tried to charge me for mini bar items that I did not take. The apartments were small so not much room for suitcases. 1x elevator was out of order so lift took long at busy periods. Bed was also a small double but very comfy pillows!

Location to the city, 10-15 min walk from central station. Blinds kept the rooms dark in the morning. Apartments so you can cook for yourself and also included washing machine. Spacious bathroom with walk in shower.

• Deluxe Suite

The bed could have been comfier and I never did find the hotel parking

Beautiful hotel staff was friendly I stayed on a Wednesday but it was still quiet for a Toronto hotel it didn’t cost me much to get from my hotel to Rebel where my concert was !

• Standard Suite

Got in at night after a long day, parking at the hotel was unavailable. Front desk recommended somewhere. I couldn't find it. Started off frustrated. Got to my room and compared to my last stay a few years ago, the place could use some TLC. Cracks in the walls, pretty banged up etc.

• One-Bedroom Suite

They are limited to one elevator which staying on the 25th floor made for some very long wait times. There also is an issue with the plumbing so the toilet made loud noises while flushing

Great locations with amazing staff and service. Great views and good value for money. I like that there was not carpet in the room. The housecoat and slippers were a nice touch

• Deluxe Suite

Only downfall would be limited parking. Just take the train in and it is a short walk from Union Station.

Location was good to access the local area. Room had everything needed.

• Standard Suite

one elevator down and the other was acting up all day when we arrived back to hotel on saturday night shortly after 10pm we were informed that both elevators were down had to walk up the stairs...we were on 21st floor!

great restaurant within the hotel

• Standard Suite

I was disappointed that only one elevator was working. There was a huge delay every time I needed to use it. The supplies were quite skimpy, especially in the kitchen.

The restaurant was very good. Especially enjoyed the lunch caesar salad. It was quiet, did not hear any neighbours. The bed was very comfortable.

• Deluxe Suite

The valet service could have been better - we were confused as to where to take our car. Also, the room service attendants could be a little more quieter... we were abruptly woken up by the sound of someone banging the door of the room next door. I look out the peephole and it's the room service attendant going in and out of the room and not propping the door open with something.

The room we stayed in reflected the photos seen online. We had a very enjoyable stay and this hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Downtown Toronto.

• Standard Suite

The TV in the bedroom area needs an upgrade, I would have liked a USB socket. In the lounge area there ware 2 individual seats, however a 2 seater couch would have been more comfortable. One of the electrical outlets didn't work.

Loved the washer and dryer in the suite, and the kitchen facilities were useful - it was nice to be able to make a coffee before heading out for the day. The amenities in the room were good quality and the staff were super nice

• One-Bedroom Suite

Would NOT recommend this hotel. For the price we paid the service and the rooms could be much better Hotel staff did not respond for cleaning request during the day and when i asked again around 5pm said that everyone left home and room cannot be serviced. Dinner tray with dirty dishes was next to our door for THREE days, unacceptable. So much dust under the bed it seems its never been cleaned, receptionist made multiple mistakes during check out.

• One-Bedroom Suite

The price was high for an average accommodation. The room was average and the bed was average. I have spent less and got a more luxurious experience. They charged almost double for the room on New Years eve which I thought was a little bit excessive. The cost of parking was excessive as well. It was nice but I wouldn't stay there again.

The staff were excellent. The room was very clean. The security of the building was reassuring. The staff went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed.

• Standard Suite

* Bathrooms were not clean - needs a revamp * Staff was alright but not accommodating

Very easy to get around Toronto. Everything was waking distance.

• Deluxe Suite

Rooms on website not accurate portrayal of rooms in real life. Was told I wouldn't have a pull-out couch so I told my guest to book another room. When I checked in the couch was in fact a pull-out couch. I hope the hotel did not tell me this to encourage to book another room.

Abdul was the BEST staff member - friendly, accommodating, interested in my comfort, and a fun person to talk to. He made the stay as good as it was.

• Deluxe Suite

The room we stayed in looked old and poorly put together. The room itself didn't feel inviting or comfortable. The size was a little small however I would have been fine with that if the rest of the room looked better. I have attached multiple pictures of some of the issues that we found with the room. To put context to some of these photos, the electrical outlets looked old, some crooked, some missing faceplates, and even one behind the bed that was pulled out of the wall. The cabinet door under the kitchen sink was duct-taped on. The sink in the bathroom had a leak that went directly onto the hairdryer below (which I was able to hand tighten). The shower doors didn't align which made then slam into each other and it sounded like they could easily crack. The shower molding was dirty. The towel mount in the bathroom was loose and fell off the wall. The lights in the bathroom were yellow and white making them look terrible. The bathroom door opened directly in front of the sink becoming annoying when brushing teeth. The bathroom had a bottom faucet but no bathtub, and no way to turn on the bottom faucet (small thing but why install it if it isn't used, just makes the room look poorly designed). The molding between the living room and bathroom was old and didn't match the room. Under the bed, there was a layer of dust and it looked like under the bed hasn't been cleaned in weeks. And finally, the TV in the bedroom was extremely small. Overall it was a decent stay because of the location, but the room just looked and felt cheap, not something I expected after spending $200 a night on a room. Also, I only had limited interactions with the staff, but when I did, they were always friendly.

This was a great location, very close to the PATH system, and in walking distance to all attractions that we wanted to visit. We also had a good experience with the staff at the front desk as they were friendly and helped with any issue that we had.

• Deluxe Suite

I left the 'Service please' sign on the door handle in the afternoon and had asked the staff to service my room. It was not serviced.

The room felt like an apartment. It was very cozy.

• One-Bedroom Suite

There was construction across the street which started at 7 am which with my time zone difference was 4 am!

The rooms were a great size with all the amenities you need and the staff were excellent.

• Deluxe Suite

There was noisy construction during the night, but that is nothing the hotel has control over. The mini bar amenities are ridiculously priced, but that is the same in every hotel. Really, I was very pleased and there is little I would have changed to make it better.

The location is excellent, the little balcony and windows that open is a really nice feature, and the staff are friendly and accommodating. The room is well laid out, well stocked, clean, and bright. The room was also larger than I was expecting.

• Deluxe Suite

1) 200 CAD cash deposit for the mini-bar (not indicated on the confirmation) ! 2) Wifi : wrong and uncomplete instruction, finally so slow that unusable 3) The noise of a compressor near my room. Impossible to sleep, even with ear plugs !!!

Great location close to the Union Station

• Standard Suite

Dishonest pricing I complained to Booking and got a refund Desk person ignored my complaint even though you could read the issue on the reservation confirmation

• Standard Suite

When I booked the hotel, I didn't know I would be charged more than 20% tax. They said it was because this hotel located in the downtown Toronto. Been to downtown Toronto several times before, never had an experience like this before.

The people at front desk are nice.

• Deluxe Suite

The bedroom blinds did not work; The exterior soundproofing was very poor - so apartment was noisy from street sounds, even though on Floor 26.

The apartment was well laid out and availability of appliances was excellent - washing machine/dryer/dishwasher/iron & ironing board. Great Location - close to Union Station

• Standard Suite

The night we stayed was exceptionally busy in the city and the road noise, tooting horns loud motorbikes etc, you could hear from our room, however by midnight it was all gone.

In easy reach by foot to union station and handy for all the tourist sites. Room has a separate kitchen which has all facilities if needed, lovely shower. Lift needed your room key swipe so felt safe. Spa looked good but not enough time to use unfortunately.

• Deluxe Suite

We spent a weekend in Toronto while visiting the Niagara Falls and this hotel disappointed us very much. The price was high and the standard did not correspond with the expectations we had given the price, the pictures and the description. The cleanliness was very average, the cleaning should be improved. Also the facilities and equipment felt pretty worn out. And I can't really describe the staff as friendly and helpful.

The location is good, it is only about 10 - 15 mins on foot from Union station, which is the central train terminal, where the airport UP train also stops. It is also close to the main downtown and old town tourist spots.

• Deluxe Suite

I thought it was overpriced for what it was especially since things like the spa facilities were an additional cost. Local calls weren't free cooking utilities were very very very sparse! we asked to have them and we literally got one pan and one spatula!

location was great. Having a washing machine and tumble dryer was amazing

• Standard Suite

Terribly priced Just paid $1200 for two nights for the worst hotel I have been to Washroom was dirty room was small with no place to sit Tv was old Just a bad experience all around I am not a complainer but I will never stay at a cosmopolitan hotel again

• Standard Suite

They forgot to clean my room on one day and when I phoned the front desk they didn't seem too worried about it. Towels were wrinkled which I thought was odd. Bed was like a futon in that it didn't have a box spring. Sink in the bathroom didn't drain properly. Floor in the shower felt a little a little slimey which made me think it hadn't been cleaned properly.

It had a kitchenette and a good amount of space.

• Deluxe Suite

The doors in the room were really close together so it made moving from one area to another a bit difficult especially near the bathroom. Right outside the hotel was not the nicest area, but it was walking distance to great entertainment.

The staff were amazing. I loved that the rooms were equipped with a kitchen.

• Standard Suite

The staff were rude to us when we had a credit card issue and then charged the wrong card and were not helpful when I called about it. Hidden fees that were never mentioned were charged.

The hotel itself was actually beautiful and the room was very nice

• Deluxe Suite

I have stayed there before when it had just opened - was way better. The room they gave me smelled like an avid smoker had lived there for many months or years. Smelled like an ashtray. I had to tell the staff multiple times about this issue and staff did not address the issue/did not want to change me rooms for either of the two nights that I had stayed there. Furthermore, the city of Toronto was conducting extremely noisy construction throughout the second night and I was not able to sleep - a park bench would have been better!!!

• Standard Suite

The parking availability was disappointing, as you are not able to leave the car in the garage after checkout. We were expecting "$45 for the day" to mean $45 for a 24-hour time period - it was not, so we parked elsewhere. However, the parking garage we used wasn't far and we only paid $33 for our 24 hours instead of $45.

The hotel was very clean and the suite was spacious and beautiful. Even though the location isn't directly in the entertainment area of the city, it is a nice neighborhood and it was only a 15-minute walk to the CN Tour, Aquarium, and other main attractions.

• Deluxe Suite

The couch in our room was not comfortable at all and later we found out it was broken too.

The location can't be better, right in the heart of Toronto. It was a pleasant surprise to find washer and dryer in the room. We've appreciated having coffee machine in the room with good complimentary coffee cups being replaced every day.

• Standard Suite

The hotel felt very "homey". As it is designed for long term stays, people who are planning to spend more than 1 night here would be accommodated with everything they need and more.

Very deceiving

They are not helpful at all. I booked on line and the total was different than what they charged me for. Also the rooms on line are completely different than the actual rooms they are very deceiving and will never ever use them them again

• One-Bedroom Suite

1.the first picture of our arrival time at night was so awfull.mass of garbage infront of hotel 2. there were limited facilities and equipments in the kitchen and for every facility should call to house keeping , not even salt and .... 4.wifi is not free .they charge you 6percent extra for wifi and cleaning and .... in addition to tax , with name of hotel aminity fee

1.the location is greate 2.washing mashin was great

• Deluxe Suite

View was of a brick wall from one of the windows, but we did have a view of the street from the other.

Kitchen area was really useful. Room was spacious and clean. Staff were helpful and provided a kettle on request.

• Deluxe Suite

The bed was very hard and low to the ground. Felt as if I was sleeping on a cot.

My view from the 24th floor was spectacular. Panoramic windows as it was a corner unit. Room felt large and it offered all the amenities such as microwave, dishwasher and even washing machine and dryer.

• Deluxe Suite

Although the room has a pretty complete kitchen (stove top, microwave, small fridge) there were no cooking items such as pans, spatula, etc. upon our arrival. However, when we called the desk to request a frying pan, it was delivered quite rapidly. Apparently one must request typical kitchen items when requesting a room with a kitchen. Also, the a/c only functioned during our first evening and o/n. The following day was quite warm so the room was stuffy the second evening, o/n and morning. A couple of hotel staff unsuccessfully attempted to repair it. No compensation offered/received.

The location was wonderful being just steps off Yonge St, roughly a 3 minute walk from the Hockey Hall of Fame and under 15 minutes to either City Hall or the CN Tower area. We stayed in a room with a kitchen which offered us a convenient spot to kick back, relax and nibble. Nice layout and clean.

• Standard Suite

No kettle for tea. But there was a fancy coffee machine.

So handy to have a washer and a dryer in the room. The staff were very attentive and sorted out any issues I had.

• Deluxe Suite

Room had no view or balcony, kind of had the impression there would be both. There was a very disturbed person in the alley during the night that was ranting for over 2 hours. I called the front desk and was told the police would be called, but no one ever came. Aware this was not the hotels fault, but I cannot express how uncomfortable this situation was. Next time I will call the police myself.

• Standard Suite

Everything I needed was prepared to stay like home as this is condo style hotel. Perfect location nearby King and Union, and great guest service especially one of the desk staff members Antonio. He was nice, friendly and made my stay more comfortable. I would definitely recommend and stay again whenever coming back to Toronto!

• Deluxe Suite

The staff was rude and unhelpful, and management wasn't much better. When I was refused at check-in by staff, I wrote an email to management and he had the nerve to call the refusal a no-show. He then acted like he was doing me a favour by letting me stay there a couple days later (next time I was in Toronto) calling it a "complimentary stay", the problem being it wasn't complimentary because I had paid for the evening I was refused. When I was finally able to stay at the Cosmopolitan (losing the cost of my airbnb that night) the bedroom light switch wasn't working and the bathroom mirror was dirty. Long story short: don't waste perfectly good money on this hotel. It's really not worth it.

Absolutely nothing positive about the Cosmopolitan. Way too much inconvenience just to stay in a room I already paid for. On the bright side, I found a lovely place closer to union station, with a better view, and for a better price.

• Deluxe Suite

Apparently limited parking at site and not available when I arrived Friday evening. I had to park in a garage down the street. No outside signage about parking. I expected to arrive and be able to park,to see sign indicating where parking was. There is none. Hotel info should say more clearly limited at site parking , park down the road in parking garage.

Kitchen facilities fridge Keurig

• Standard Suite

Small bathroom counter space, no place to set our toiletries bag, shower door leaked on to the floor

Convenient location, pleasant staff, great to have a little kitchenette, very clean

• Standard Suite

The room was not clean, thing s were missing- takeaway coffee lids but no cups, broken hair drier, just a blind behind the bed behind which was a massive window. Disappointed

Staff friendly and they brought me a kettle and remote control on request

• Standard Suite

Deposit of $200 per night in addition to the overpriced room fee. Towels and linens worn and tattered. Hair dryer was too hot to use. Windows were dirty.

Staff were vey nice, kitchenette included a dishwasher and laundry machines.

• Standard Suite

Breakfast was over priced, plenty of places nearby doing just as good at cheaper prices

Great location, easy access from airport via Union Pearson Express. Comfortable suites with all the kitchen equipment you could need

• Standard Suite

PRice was relatively high and the room was a bit weather worn. I actually booked 2 rooms - one for my adult son also

Hello, the location was great and the ambience acceptable. The Staff was very helpful - great team

• Standard Suite

The front desk really needs to improve. Kind of rude or ignorant. I asked her questions . 2 times, she was attacked by other stuffs while she was helping me to check in. Later I called and ask the possibility to extend my stay one extra day. She said she would check and call me back. She never did. You don't really feel the warm atmosphere there.

Bed is comfortable.

• Deluxe Suite

Desk girl Karen had poor customer service, and was very rude. Spoke down to guest, then said "sorry I only had 2 hrs of sleep"

Beautiful suite. Everything you could need. Great location for downtown events.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Standard Suite

When booking I was told it was an none smoker room but on Monday morning when I left to canadas wonderland and upon my arrival at night there was a cup with a liquid substance and 4 smoked cigarettes on the balcony that did not belong to us. We had already left the room clean but they did not pick up the little garbage we had left. The smoking was seriously disrespectful from your staff. At the resto I had ordered the pancakes and they burnt 2 out of 3 of them. I don't mean to be rude but I did not manage to get her name but she was there Sunday afternoon a middle aged black lady was very impatient and rushing clients to hurry up with payments and did not explain things kindly. I believe it's so you don't change your mind on cancelation and gets to charge you for a "1 day charge fee".

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

• Standard Suite

Extra charge of $ 20 for paying by cc. At over $300 per night for a multi night stay , the extra charge was a bit insulting and was not communicated when i checked in. Parking was also quite expensive but to be expected given the location.

Bed was amazing. Suite was very functional and well laid out

• One-Bedroom Suite

Bedding had yellow stains. Called front desk and they apologized and sent housekeeping immediately to replace. Housekeeping said sheets were clean but laundry hadn't been able to remove stains of whatever it was –– they did replace the sheets. The replacements had yellow stains as well.... sigh

Location was excellent. Staff were very pleasant. Room was quiet.

• Deluxe Suite

The staff were extremely proficient, but it would be nice if they were a little calmer. I felt pounced on by positivity at some stages. Downtown isn't the nicest to stay in long term as it's a bit dead in evenings at weekend and lacks character, but was perfect for our needs from Union Station as we weren't staying long.

We booked a suite on a special deal and were delighted with our room. The staff were very helpful, the room was extremely clean, the bed was wonderfully comfortable. Excellent location for Union Station.

• Deluxe Suite

A bit noisy, but not more than expected for downtown Toronto. There is a lot of construction on the street.

Good location. The suite was a mini-apartment, good cooking facilities if you want them. There is a restaurant/bar (steakhouse) attached to the hotel on the main level. Very pleasant; didn't eat there but the cocktails were great! They have a nice looking brunch menu ... unfortunately on the weekend they don't open until 10:00am, so we went elsewhere for breakfast.

• One-Bedroom Suite

There were no curtains on the windows in the living room. The couch and bed were not comfortable. There parking was all full so we had to go down the street to find parking.

The wall to wall windows.

More / larger bath towels. King bed preferred but Queen was comfy enough

Location is perfect, quiet and cozy Upgraded to exec suite was nice at no cost

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Standard Suite

I loved staying here! The room was super cute,very clean, bed was very comfy. The staff were very helpful and nice.I will definitely be staying at this hotel again in the future

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Standard Suite

Wifi was weak not always able to access.

Location was great walking distance to great shopping Air Canada Centre the restaurant on sit was very enjoyable room was good a bit small the staff we awesome and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Deluxe Suite

Very thin walls meant I could hear my neighbors as well as traffic noises all too clearly. No restaurant for breakfast and no room service breakfast offered on the weekends was a bit inconvenient. The neighborhood got a bit sketchy when walking away from Yonge St.

Super convenient location surrounded by tons of restaurants and places to shop, easy access to public transportation, very friendly and helpful staff, my suite was huge and absolutely gorgeous with tons of great amenities.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Standard Suite

The walls were very thin allowing me to hear when the neighbors opened and closed the door. It woke me up in the middle of the night and 2 lights were out on the kitchen.

The design of the room was just the way I liked it. I was very comfortable in the room. Staff were very accommodating. We asked for slippers and as soon as we got to our room, they were there.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Parking is far if you don't find street parking, I've stayed 3 times at this hotel and elevator 2 has been broken 2 out of the 3 times. Not a big delay though.

Large clean Condo style with balcony, with all the comforts of a hotel and cheaper too. Central location, friendly staff stylish rooms.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Standard Suite

Hotel check in attendant did not know what he was doing and his maneurism was rude. It took us an hour to check in as only 1 attendant there and he was incompetent. The hotel only has 1 check in which on a Friday night is not sufficient. Another party behind us complained and received 50% off their room....we did not receive the same discount. The robes in the rooms were cheap and not comfy. Coffee was bad in the rooms. Rooms could have been cleaner.

The room was very nice, lots of windows and the bed was comfortable. The valet parking man was very nice, but the hotel clerk was not and he did not seem competent in his job.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Deluxe Suite

one elevator did not work had to wait longer from the 18th floor. funny smell as you got off the elevator but you got used to it. bathroom was moldy.

the exercise room was good. staff was friendly.

• Standard Suite

My room was small. bad location, there was homeless people everywhere. The sheets had stains all over and it was so noisy. The bed was really uncomfortable. The kitchen was so small you couldn't move around it. The bathroom was dirty. When I checked in there was plates outside my door that sat there for 2 days. There's no pool and if you want to go in the hot tub you had to pay for it. The towels in the room were Miix matched. The temperature meter in the room was broken so you couldn't control how hot it was. There was about 15 people in the room next to me partying and you heard everything. The one elevator broke so you had to wait 10 mins each time. I would not recommend this and it's not even close to worth it for the money. I was completely disappointed

Staff was nice even though there was only 2 people working at all times.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Standard Suite

The price was a full $100 more then originally what i had purchased the room for. The dust pilled high on the microwave, stove burners and other objects was appalling! Dont stay here!! Not worth the money!

Not much.

• Deluxe Suite

I loved everything it was a surprise for mmh mans birthday and he loved it .. everything was nice and different ... very nicee .... the shower .. the room .. the safety in their is very good . The staff were amazing ... i only had debit still was able to pay cash . They helped me with my cake and bags when i left . I had an Amazinggggg stay . best hotel

Browse Executive Hotel Cosmopolitan Toronto traveller photo gallery