Reviews of Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto 3 stars

475 Yonge Street, M4Y 1X7 Toronto, Canada

#48 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Comfy beds, friendly staff and a short walk to city attractions!

If you are healthy or like a good restaurant you have to do a good search for nice restaurants. Only quick bites and pizzas around and like 4 Tim Hortons :D

Very comfortable beds, we got 2 queen size beds in the double (spacious) room. Very friendly check-in staff. Location is a 5 mins walk distance to Dundas square and 10 mins to city hall square. Close to bus & metro stop. Not cheap but you are in downtown Toronto.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Our stay was comfortable

The location was very convenient is looking to stay in the city center, with lots of options to dine near by and also convenient access to public transport if needed.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

it was great expected breakfast

in booking .com the beeakfast charges has been mention CAD 16 but when we use of it hotel charged us CAD 25 and when i show them my booking details they didn’t accept and told me if you have problem call or send an email to booking .com directly :(

the location was great and the hotel was good

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

see above

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Water near front desk with cucumber was excellent and really made our day. The conference facilities were very good. Beds and temperature were comfy. Construction noise and neighborhood location made for less than perfect rating.

Good

The breakfast menu was limited-could not get, for example, eggs made a certain way -they were from a pre-made mix.

Starbucks coffee in the lounge/bar area with comfy seating where I could do some work.

I will never stay here again, it was my worst Marriott experience!

The location.

I had so many problems with my room getting cleaned dispite many contacts with the front desk and manager. After my 3rd day of complaining, I just stopped and cleaned my bathtub with bleach and soap that I had on hand. On Saturday the boiler broke, leaving me without hot water to bath. When I called the front desk, they told me the boiler was broken and suggested I run the water until it begins to heat up. After about 10 minutes of running the water, without results, I discontinued this waste. It was repaired after about four hours.

Easy to check in / check out / great location, great...
    • Corner King Room with Balcony

The bathroom(shower/toilet) and the sink are two separate amenities and it’s not clearly stated/ shown before booking. The shower and toilet are in a separate area from the sink and mirror.

Easy to check in / check out / great location, great staff, bellman was prompt with luggage

good

When we arrived back from our wedding couldn't get a coffee Starbucks closed

We were only there for 1 night. Server was fast and friendly. Room was an excellent size and check out was easy.

Good location.

Lobby and restaurant area look a bit tired. Breakfast area is very small for such a large hotel. The noisiest air conditioning I have ever experienced!

Good location. Very big rooms for a city location.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

We had the same kind of breakfast for 5 days & the...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Even the front desk manager didn’t know the exact type of room they have. I booked one bedroom suite online, however, the manager told me they didn’t have that kind of the room. Later on, I checked-in with exactly one bedroom suite, the room that I wanted.

We had the same kind of breakfast for 5 days & the variety was small. Absolutely no choice !

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Hotel facilities were nice and location was close to subway.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Unfortunately there is a lot of large scale construction in the areas around the hotel.

Hotel facilities were nice and location was close to subway. Beds were comfortable and breakfast buffet was good.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Best of the best great location. VACA 2018 spot looking forward for more soon.

Clean and comfortable love the location. I walk to the Eaton centre mall and metro also inside the mall which was very convenient. I will stay again i really love the hotel.Imet a nice gentleman by the name of Anton who also give me a big welcome and help me to figure out taxi to get back to the airport on Wed 29th 2018.thank you guys keep up the greats works and see you soon again.

Love the location and the rooms.the only thing is there are no hot tub which I would have enjoy.apart from that all clean and fancy.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I extended my stay an extra night because of the Blue...

I extended my stay an extra night because of the Blue Jay's game. What a surprise , when I found out it had cost me $160.00 more than my previous nights . Had I been told when I asked to extend my stay, I would have left and skipped the game . I find that was deceiving . I was shocked when I got my bill . I DID question it, but, the female said the price went up . O K, the price went up, but WHY NOT make me aware of this when I asked to extend my stay . DISSAPPOINTED !

Ordinary Accommodation in Downtown Area

Bathroom smelled of urine all 3 days we were there. Smell seemed to be under the floor tiles. Safe was broken. Very noisy neighborhood, filled with construction activity. Still lots of pawn shops, burlesque shows and cheap bars in immediate vicinity. Definitely not good value for the money we were paying.

Close to subway and AGA, ROM. Bed was very comfortable and A/C worked well. Housekeeper was efficient and pleasant.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Children being allowed (by their parents) to run up and down the corridors and slamming doors, not the fault of the hotel but maybe parents could be asked (when checking in) to keep children under supervision as far as noise goes.

Great place to stay, convenient to all major sightseeing, mostly quiet and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Nice staff, once I was able to talk to them they were very...

Was first given a room that had been cleaned only partially and it took an hour to get someone in the room to check. Was finally given a new room but it was very difficult to reach the service desk. Weird room layout with sink and mirror separated from the bathroom

Nice staff, once I was able to talk to them they were very responsive and helpful Good location

Location is accessible , yet the surrounding area is a...

Seemed a little expensive for what it is, but maybe is the city overall. Noise levels are not great, specially since they put me on a room right by the elevators

Location is accessible , yet the surrounding area is a little sketchy

Overall it worked!!!

The loud construction, noisy hallway throughout night...and cracked ceiling...

The beds were very comfortable and clean...the bathroom was good, but some water damage on ceiling... there is a small fridge, coffee maker, common hotel amenities... The construction outside the hotel directly across the road was was extremely loud and woke us up very early...the pool is a nice lap pool, gym well equipped... the bistro is great, and Starbucks is served...the staff was absolutely wonderful... The desk staff accommodation was a fantastic experience...He showed me the bistro, pointed out pool area, and showed me the north area to go to for my room...Very nice man...

Mediocre. Bad Service.

Very Bad attention, It takes more than 40 minutes to bring your car from the valet Parking. Reception was mediocre, and the hotel is below expectatives for a Marriot. They dont have water in the rooms. Staff tends to be rude.

Expensive stay in slightly sketchy area

We arrived after 5pm to find our rooms weren’t ready. The noise from the AC was really loud. Not good value for money IMO.

Bed was comfortable. Staff were polite.

Comfy bed , air conditioning , loved that I was able to get...

Comfy bed , air conditioning , loved that I was able to get an early check in and late check out but the room choice was an accessible one which was fine except they didn’t tell me that if you were talller than 5feet you would have crouch - small price to pay but was frustrating Overall great stay , staff and location :)

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Spotless cleaning

Conditioner was a little noisy. When you turn off conditioner you need to wait few minutes and fan will stop.

Clean, comfortable bed and nice view from South tower.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I would not stay there again.

The lady at the front desk, and we stayed on August, and the Ac didn’t work. It was hot and muggy or sorta cold.

I liked the location of the property. Our front staff during check in and check out was a young Asian lady that was not super friendly. She didn’t give a nice vibe. We visitors on August long weekend, and the room at night got either super hot then sort of cold - the ac was not consistent, and did not work properly. All in all, I would not book this hotel in the future, even if it’s a cheaper alternative. The woman at the front desk turned us off, and the hearing at night was terrible. Location was good, but so many other hotel options out there.

Bed was comfy!

The pictures advertised online made the hotel Seem like It was in a better location and seemed more updated than the pictures advertised! However everything was clean and comfortable

Bed was comfy! Breakfast was delicious! Service and staff were wonderful!

A great place to stay in Toronto close to all the action.

Hotel entrance difficult to find and only parking option was an expensive $35 a day. Could do with an extra comfortable chair in the room so both of us could sit comfortably. Where do you put the soap in the shower? - needs a soap and shampoo shelf on the wall of the shower.

Hotel location was good and relatively close to local hotspots. Nice comfortable king size bed. Hotel staff friendly and helpful.

Disappointed

The miniscule pool located in the basement. The hot water not working one day, the toilet not flushing, the room being cleaned once, having to locate the room attendant for clean towels, wash cloth and toilet paper and the television shutting down several times.

Staff were pleasant. Joan was helpful when checking in.

Excellent hotel in central location

This is an excellent hotel steps from the centre of downtown. The staff were a particular highlight, very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, beautifully decorated and in excellent condition. Can’t fault anything, would love to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Cleaning, room service , gym .

Location although near to Dundas Square , but a bit dirty and stinky . Small swiming Pool , opposite to as shown pictures . Slow elevators .

Cleaning, room service , gym .

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Impossible to Be Dissatisfied - Book this Hotel

I stayed for 3 nights in a King Room (#905) and honestly scratched my head when asked what I didn't like. I can't think of a single issue I had.

Check in was lightning quick, the staff come to know you quickly and always offer a nice greeting. The location is the best in Toronto. You are feet from the subway and right smack downtown. The room was impeccable and housekeeping incredible. The food at the bistro is top notch and super welcoming. The bar rocks. Every single employee was amazing. The value for money can't be beat. I will never stay in a different hotel in Toronto. Marriot for life, yo!

Great downtown location

I've never stayed here before I usually stay in the Eaton centre hotel. This hotel is in a great spot close to Dundas sq. Lots of attractions around.

Our mini fridge was full of the previous guests food, they...

Our mini fridge was full of the previous guests food, they cleaned out in a timely manner and provided a cheese plate, chocolate, and Perrier as apology, along with a hand written note. Amazing. Paid for a two night stay, when I had my partner steal my wallet, empty my bank accounts, and I spent the night in the hospital,upon returning they kicked me onto the street with no remorse. Refunded my prepaid night, To a cancelled credit card. I am from bc, know no one, and was appalled by their lack of decency or compassion. Will never recommend.

They put us in a room right by the elevators... heard the ding every time someone got on or off... extremely annoying.. didn’t sleep the two nights we were there. Not worth what we paid. When I complained at checkout, I was given a $30 discount... Very disappointed!

Great location. Close to restaurants and attractions. Staff was friendly

Location was big , but such a helpful staff will bring me...

Staff was very friendly and helpful, specially Roxana and her coworker!!! I will stay here again.

Location was big , but such a helpful staff will bring me back. See you next year.

Courtyard by Marriott saved my family

You are amazing

The courtesy of the safe, cleansliness, helpfulness. The welcome staff, reception, cleaning staff and cafeteria. Pure execllent service. I am glad that I met you. We ended up with you after our hotel that we booked gave away/sold our room. We were devasted...coming from Jamaica. We had no where to stay. The first night we sleep in a dirty bed bug motel. Thank God for guys. May the Lord continues to bless and keep you. I will definitely return.

Marriott Courtyard Toronto

Room was noisy. Door did not stop noise from elevators, people walking or rolling suitcases in the hall. Two mornings I was awakened by alarm clock in another room.

Room was spacious and well firnished.stay

Good option when traveling with groups.

Staff service was not consistent. Some were great, while others were not. The room service food options from the restaurant was not exciting.

Good option when traveling with groups.

Great Marriott experience

wasteful plastic coffee filter holder. Super not enough coffee whitener for the coffee. Now I'm saying this because their coffee is awesome so it was a bitter sweet experience to have to throw away plastic.

customer service is very very good. I did a late booking and a check in (close to midnight) and was somewhat expected to have to deal with problem but nope! All good, great service and even got a complimentary chocolate 'cause they were empathetic with my tough day. :-) The bed was superbe and I had a great night sleep. After I checked out the next day, I was able to leave my luggage there for the day while I went about my business. Definitely recommend this hotel.

The room itself was nice but the property not as nice as the Eaton Center Marriott.

The lounge was crowded and noisy. The room adjoined another. The view was cranes, construction. TV resolution was poor, no instruction. The fridge didn't work. Small pool. Unclean bathrooms in lobby.

I loved the beds!! So comfy and clean. Great downtown location. Helpful and friendly staff.

Friendly staffs and clean hotel

Hotel was clean, staffs were friendly and helpful. Location of hotel is perfect to close to all tourist attractions within reasonable walking distant.

Would stay again

Not really anything

-Very clean -Front desk was friendly and informative -Room was large and very comfortable -Check-in and check-out were easy and hassel free -Overall a nice experience

Great. Better than expect

Went here for a concert night. Got a really good discount 189$ for a 1 King bedroom, large window. Cant expect more. Really near to subway, good for late night date out :))) Got everything you can expect for a modern hotel, clean. Custom service is really good. I am checked in and checked out really fast (As I'm in hurry for the show), called to guest service around 2am but got a nice answer very quickly.

Our room with a separate bedroom was perfect.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Our room with a separate bedroom was perfect. Air conditioning worked very well and we were comfortable. The staff were professional and friendly providing great service. And the location is ideal.

Small room so bathroom sink was separate from bath and toilet.

It was our wedding anniversary so the hotel sent us a nice bottle of wine and a card. Classy.

for DT stay, this hotel is very good!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Laundry self service is super poor! I was with tow little kids and couldn’t mange to do any laundry, the machine was accepted the whole time and sometimes didn’t work. And this isn’t something new!

Location, got my special request for my room location, front desk service, room cleaning service.

Convenient.

Unruly people on street till late into evening. Rates for parking and that complementary continental breakfast not included with the price.

Convenient.

The true value was in the location and the staff.

Parking, divided bathroom facilities, crowded with oversized furniture at foot of bed.

Comfortable bed, modern furnishings, safe for valuables, and friendliest of staff

A pleasure. Stayed extra time in the morning because room good.

Milk "lightener" - PLEASE REAL MILK for coffee and tea.

Neat attractive room with just the bits & peices needs - not too much crowding on sink, hairdryer, coffee set, suitcase rack, hangers which you can remove, plenty of towels & pillows,full ironing board, roomy table for working, working clock, plenty of space, most comfortable chair, great bed.

Good but lacking!

Parking is 35$ a night, valet parking only. No free parking with or near the hotel, which is unfair considering the already high prices of the hotel. Pool bottom clearly needs to be scrubbed and cleaned as it is much darker than my last stay. No hot tub/sauna, only a kiddie pool.

Beautiful massive rooms. Pool room open late and within walking distance of everything you could possibly need. Love this hotel and will likely stay again.

Large spaces and good temperature in room and lobby.

Lighting in room is poor; poor choice at breakfast buffet; air conditioning system is very noising; shielding curtains at windows are not shading properly so strylight in the morning.

Large spaces and good temperature in room and lobby. Vey clean bathroom. High rates personnel (very kind people); very comfortable bed.

stayed for convenience of location but wouldnt go there for rest

stayed in 4 different rooms and all were not quiet , seems like walls are very thin, windows don't keep out street noise

this property was very convenient for location

Great stay - look forward to the next stay!

We cannot say anything negative about our stay. Everything was great

The hotel was very clean and rooms are very spacious. We were offered a late check out with no issues and we able to leave our bags in a room on our checkout day so we could roam around the city without luggage. Staff are friendly and very helpful

The stay was great, the hotell staff was great!

My only complaint is the lighting in the room could have brighter. Really if I could have picked the hotell up am moved it. It would have been perfect!

Our bed was very comfortable, House keeping was excellent our room always was nice an fresh I liked the infused water everyday, staff was always friendly!

Staff were amazing.

The room was less than ideal in terms of set up. The sliding barn door to the bathroom is aesthetically very nice, but functionally terrible. The door never fully closed as a result and we therefore felt like the bathroom was very open in the room. Also had to slide open the door in order to walk around the the sink which we did not like.

Staff were amazing. Very courteous and helpful. The location is fantastic as well. Decent value for a hotel in Toronto. The renovated lobby is gorgeous and a wonderful place to wait in with carafes of fruit infused water which was a lovely touch. There is a luggage storage room right on site which was very useful when checking out but not yet leaving the city.

Good place to stay

The bathroom is rather small with just one very small sink counter. No shower caps provided . Due to the location it can be noisy at certain times.

The hotel is located close to College station and on the main street in Toronto. Shops, restaurants are all at a walking distance. Rooms are spacious and have everything you need. At the lobby there are computers and printers available for you to print your boarding passes. The check in and check out were fast and without a glitch.

Overall a very comfy hotel with great staff

The breakfast buffet was not super varied nor healthy but on the plus front, the employee accepted to give me a latte even though it was not included in the price.

The excellent service at check-out in the Marriott members line.

The mattresses were too soft.

The mattresses were too soft. The bathroom walls were not clean. Could see hand prints on the wall above the toilet and splashes of white on the opposite wall. Everything else in the room was fine. However, we were first given a very small corner room with a very small bathroom. Had to relocate because of construction noise across the street and the mattress provided no support. Second room was larger and brighter and had a sofa. However, the second room was the one with the dirty bathroom walls and the mattress was still way too soft.

Very comfortable room and beds.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Was overpriced for what it was. Mostly just by the demand on that evening. Elevators were super slow and small.

Very comfortable room and beds. Good sized room and great breakfast. Really appreciated the free snacks at check in.

Very clean and comfortable room, well maintained public...

restaurant purely short-order stuff, no real dining room, also, the gray and white décor with some brown thrown in was really dismal!

Very clean and comfortable room, well maintained public spaces, and staff very helpful and pleasant

i liked the bed and staff was extremely friendly.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

the picture on the website was misleading to what the room actually looked like. waited half an hour for someone to help carry the bags from suite to downstairs

i liked the bed and staff was extremely friendly.

Towels being available at the pool.

Parking was expensive. Wish there was a hot tub. Wanted a drink but had to go all the way to front of hotel in jammies. Should have vending machines on floors. Was loud- could hear street traffic and elevators. Breakfast: Offer options at buffet ( bacon or sausage/ scrambled or omelet, etc). There were also options we didn’t know about until the waitress asked like cereal for the kids. Saw someone had a banana and we had to ask for that as well.

Towels being available at the pool. Fruit water in lobby. Free wi-if option. Easy check out. Yummy yogurt parfait!

I doubt I would return even though the staff was wonderful
    • Corner King Room with Balcony

The thermostat was broken, I froze during the day and was dying of heat at night. The toilet wasn't working so I had to continuously go down to the lobby to use the restroom. In addition, I had booked a corner balcony room and the sliding door handle was broken, so when I went to open the door I cut my hand on the way out

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was exceptional

Good

The price since I was having to go to hospital for an early start so needed to be close to hospital all I needed was a place to stay

Being close to the hospital as I am from the north & needed to be there on time

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms and common areas!

Great location, friendly staff, clean rooms and common areas! Close to the village, lcbo, and Loblaws. Couple minute walk from the metro, very accessible!

Hotel was much nicer on the inside compared to the way it...

The hotel is NOTHING on the outside as it is pictured online. Nice in the lobby and the room was very spacious. There were some areas around the bathroom needing to be touched up. The main thing that really annoyed me was the fitted sheet and mattress cover kept coming off throughout the night. Just thinking of all the people who've slept on the mattress and waking up to being directly on it was very gross. I think the cleaning lady did the bare minimum, but I keep my room neat on my own, so she didn't have to do much, but yet, I noticed she was a bit lacking.

Hotel was much nicer on the inside compared to the way it looked from the outside.

Nice but cleanliness an issue.

Area around the hotel, garden beds trashy. Garbage in flower beds, cigarette buts in driveway. Room next to us put out room service dishes that weren’t picked up for 12 hours. That will bring rats!

Breakfast, but insufficient fruit.

Very comfortable beds, but noisy and bad breakfast.

The room was very noisy, likely because of the big gap under the door. With lots of people coming and going it was hard to sleep. The breakfast is very bad for the price.

Great location close to shops and the university. Very comfortable beds.

Not that pleasant this time round......

I was in room 940 very close to the elevator which was very noisy it needs to be fixed as it made some very scary and annoying sounds came from it. It’s not very pleasant to have that kinda of noise when you are trying to sleep. Also please try cut back on the bleach sheets I had a headache and sore throat since getting home from the smell of bleach.

The staff were lovely as always and the breakfast was good.

Amazing time the balcony was excellent and the vallet parking was a bonus!
    • Corner King Room with Balcony

The only thing I didn’t like was the bathroom door was like a sliding barn door. It didn’t lock and you could see into it. And the sink was in another location

Loved the balcony! So amazing!

Really great hotel to stay at, definitely recommend it if you need a place in Toronto.

Almost everything about my stay was perfect, but the only small issue I had was room cleaning knocking and entering my room even after putting up the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. But it was only a minor issue and only happened once.

The staff is so great at this hotel, no matter what hour at night you need help they're always available and provide service with a really good attitude. The room is really spacious and there's a bit of a walkway at the entrance of your room so you have a lot of distance from the door. This helps prevent hearing people outside late at night.

Overall pleased.

The cable seemed inconsistent and therefore I couldn't watch TV / catch up on the news.

Food was delicious in the little bistro Staff on the floors were very friendly and concerned about my comfort and needs.

Nice size room .

The bedding strongly smelt like bleach, that we couldn’t order breakfast to our room.

Nice size room .... to bad the hand sink is out of the actually bathroom that was annoying.

Clean, comfy, located close to everything.

Area has a lot of construction so it was loud. Even during the night. My view was of buildings under construction.

Bed was very comfortable. Room was clean and nice. Staff were very nice.

Overall a great stay

Would have liked an adaptor for use with British plugs. Tea spoons in the room to facilitate a coffee/tea break. No washbasin in the main bathroom is also a bit of an inconvenience.

The Location, tea kettle in the room. In time check in. Comfortable beds, good sized room., cleanliness.

Excellent location for leisure stay. Nearby restaurants Yonge/Dundas square, Eaton mall, university.

Free WiFi is disconnected for my phone and laptop, except for certain time or location in the room. I eventually realized that I have to take the lift downstairs to get a good continuous connection at the lobby. Somewhat disrupting my plan to work in the room. This is definitely unexpected.

Spacious and comfortable bed. Good location.

comfortable beds

there was no benches in the men's locker rooms for the pool. You had to sit on the floor to put on your sox and shoes. There was also no laundry bags for the wet tools in the men's locker room. I had to leave the towel on the sink.

comfortable beds