Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries 4 stars

325 Dundas Street, N6B 1T9 London, Canada

#6 of 40 hotels in London

Very nice hotel.
    • Corner King Room

No onsite parking but there was valet. Parking garage was behind the building a block away. Within walking distance but inconvenient if its raining. A little difficult for walking the dog again if its raining. We had to walk a block to find a grassy area.

Very nice hotel. Staff all very friendly. The elevator was super fast....we never had to wait longer than a minute. Nice restaurant. Safe location. Pet friendly and they had a little welcome package for the pup. We would definitely stay here again.

Club King Room did not disappoint.
    • Club King Room

- No microwave in the Club King Room. - You can smell the chlorine/pool/hot tub from the lobby as soon as you walk in. - Pool was smaller than I thought; not very good for doing laps. - Getting to the changing area for the pool was more complicated than it should have been.

+ Valet parking was extremely convenient. + Excellent location. + Check in was quick. + Birgit and Sabrina went above and beyond to make my birthday/stay amazing. + Nice, modern room (Club King Room). Loved the decor and design. + Media centre in the room had an HDMI cable ready for use; wish I had known ahead of time because I would have brought my laptop. + Good shower. + Comfortable bed. + Great options for breakfast in the Concierge/Executive Lounge.

Would reccommend

Toilet was not firmly attached to floor, tp holder was way too close to said toilet, right against your knee, shower assembly was really loose, same for main spout.

Excellent bed, very comfortable, also the pillows were fantastic

Proximity to Budweiser arena.

It didn’t have updated Apple product adaptors. Toilet paper holder was falling off the wall ( minor thing but at the price - unexpected cosmetic issue?).

Proximity to Budweiser arena. Connectivity panel to the TV. Freshly renovated room - very comfortable beds and bedding.

It was satisfied by needs, could have

Room wasn't very clean, I had hair in my bed from either the cleaning service or previous resident that stayed. There was a mouse in the lower level where the gym.

It was a decent size room, staff were very helpful and nice.

Comfortable bed.
    • Club King Room

Signature club room was no different than regular room other than access to lounge.

Comfortable bed. Great lobby. Breakfast service was excellent. Welcoming staff.

I dont think I’d stay there again?

The clock in the toom was not set ! The telephone in the room was not plugged in therefore not charged ! WiFi acces was very difficult to get to work as a call had to be made for each device we wanted to work, 2 phones, 1 laptop and 1 iPad ! Very sad and confusing.

It was surrounded by the historical building.

Night Away
    • Corner King Room

The wall paper was peeling in the room. Some bubbles in the ceiling in the bathroom, no fan in the bathroom either.

Loved the big king size bed, very comfortable. Pool, fitness area all very good. We especially liked the bathroom, the bathtub was great with the ledge on the one end for some extra activities. We did not use the restaurant or lounge for eating. We viewed it after hours, definitely well maintained.

Not worth the outrageous amount charged!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Apparently there was a problem with their boiler system; the room was up to 29 over night. Guests should be compensated for that type of inconvenience.

Great hotel

Very nice.

Very nice pool and hot tub. Everything was really clean. Self parking was a small walk. I would recommend spending the extra $10.00 on valet parking.

The wifi is too slow.

The wifi is too slow. if you need high speed you need to pay for it. The mattress are very stiff not able to sleep. also its not worth paying that much money. The room doesn't even have an oven. For the price i paid it doesn't worth it. Better to stay in comfortinn.

Other than the cost discrepancy explained above, my stay was delightful.

My one problem involved the amount charged for the room. I had booked agreeing to the listed final price of $161.59. On checking out, I was informed that I owed $207.47. I was told that my prepayment had not succeeded and so the cost of the room reverted to its usual amount. I was not informed by Booking.com that my payment had not been processed. As far as I knew, the credit card information I had provided was adequate for processing. Very frustrating and disappointing!

The staff were kind enough to bring a microwave to my room. Also, I needed some help connecting my laptop to the tv and, again, a staff member came to the room to assist. On a different topic, the history of the original building being armouries adds to the ambience given the way in which the original architecture was integrated with the hotel.

Very enjoyable would stay again
    • Club King Room

Having to empty the espresso cappuccino machine of coffee grind only not be able to use it the next day cause the bean hopper wasn't working even after staff entered to clean

The view from room

Too expensive for what you get.

Pillows were terrible. Room temperature was too hot and would not adjust. We cooked. The shower nozzle is half off. Water everywhere. Very expensive for an uncountable room.

Location downtown makes everything walkable

Check in rate issue using booking Com

We had an issue on checkin because booking.com did not tell us our payment on visa debit did not work so they wanted to charge us more on checkin. Booking had sent us a confirmation but never notified us that visa debit is not accepted online.

The pool area and gym

The staff are amazing.
    • Corner King Room

The staff are amazing. From the ladies at check in to the parking attendant, everyone is friendly and helpful. The room is beautiful and beds comfy.

• Corner King Room

The room was very clean and comfortable. Check in was a breeze, and room service was delicious. I’ve stayed here before and once again I’ve had the pleasure to be served at check in by Angela. I adore her energy and her kindness. I hope every time I check in she’s there to great me and put another big smile on my face 😁.

A place to enjoy and go back to again and again

Overall any hotel stay I'd like less expensive. But here I do feel it's good value for $

Rooms beautiful. Beds are comfy. Pool area gorgeous. Atmosphere and food in restaurant fabulous. Staff wonderful.

I will go back.

I had a king suite. There was some paint peeling on the bathroom door. And the room was next to the elevator and it was quite loud so that was a little aggravating but once people stopped going in and out and it settle down the noise wasn’t too bad. Also the lounge was under construction so there is just coffee. That was a little disappointing. But I will go back.

The beds were very comfortable and rooms very clean. Valet service was excellent. When we got to the hotel I originally had two rooms reserved. They only had one room it’s in the reservation. So the staff went above and beyond finding us the other room. The hotel was overbooked but they managed to find us a room it took a while but it all worked out in the end. I was very happy as I have had a very long drive.

Disappointing because of the above.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool and hot tub area were closed for repair. It would have been nice to know this before booking. We would have stayed elsewhere.

Staff pleasant and accommodating.

Dissapointing

The vent in bathroom on wall over toilet was filthy, hadn't been dusted in months. The corners or bathroom not clean. As a smoker I like to start my day with a coffee outside. There is no easily accessible take out coffee. The parking is a block and a half away, no worries unless carrying luggage. The hot tub was closed for maintenance which I understand, but this should have been noted on the booking page before I reserved the room. I purposefully booked this hotel for facilities that were not available. I will not return. There are much nicer hotels in London with the simple things that make ones stay worthwhile.

The beds were very comfortable. Nice quiet room.

The property was beautiful,very clean and all the staff were...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My friend and I were expecting to get away from winter by spending the first day in the pool and hot tub,but both were under repair

The property was beautiful,very clean and all the staff were friendly and went out if their way to be helpful

Brilliant staff, modern beautifully appointed room with excellent bed and bath!
    • Corner King Room

There was nowhere available to pull in to check in so a considerable delay there. It is unfortunate you do not have on site parking; I have a disability so my husband has to leave me to drop off and go pick up our vehicle whenever we need it. I am on limited income so paying for valet parking is an extra cost we avoid. Free parking close by would be ideal for persons with handicapped parking permit. When leaving it was extremely slipper from the door to vehicle; I was quite scared I would fall despite my cane.

Bed is fantastic, besthotel bed ever! At check in alisha was attentive and charming despite extremely cold conditions in the lobby. The king club room was really spacious, spotless & quiet. Beautiful extra large flat screen, and a ealk in shower I wanted to take home!

Ok not great
    • Corner King Room

No signal on television. Room service was slow and meal was barely warm not much flavor and small quantity for the price. Parking a block away and having to walk in the rain. Seedy area.

Comfort of the bed and pillows. Room was.clean and odour free.

wonderful experience. great stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would recommend that when we inquired about brunch buffet when we checked in to tell us we should make a reservation. We were told just to go the next morning. We left hungry. No room at the inn.

Rooms. Pool. Location. Service

Great location to walk downtown to some great restaurants and close to the market.

Pillows were not the most comfortable. Kind of lumpy. Need to pay for valet parking which is to be expected downtown.

Room was spacious. Bathroom was large and modern. Enjoyable shower. Nice blackout curtains to keep room dark.

Great hotel

No attendance at the pool at all Hot tub is dirty for 2 consecutive days

The moment you arrive you will be greated by the great lady at the door who takes your luggage and park your car Front office staff is great and exceeds the expectation The same goes for everyone. The smile, the teadiness to help all the time is great Rooms are spacious and well furnished though some ameniities are missing all the time The swimming pool is cozy but not wow

I will return with my cat now that I have found the premier Hotel In London

I once wanted chocolate ice-cream and it was all gone so I settled for home made butter pecan !! It was so delicious i forgot I ever liked chocolate .

I liked the personal attention and concern for my comfort .I travelled with a cat and she also received special notice.

Room, building (old armory, how cool is that?), friendly...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We thought the eggs in lobby were free. Nope, me and my teenager were charged Canadian $50 for eating them. We thought that was a bit sneaky after paying for $200 time rooms!

Room, building (old armory, how cool is that?), friendly staff

It was good and all that matters is my bride was happy
    • Corner King Room

There were way too many young people...alot of excess noise...

The bed was comfy staff were happy my wife and I's wedding night got in late...they were unaware so the young woman gave us 2 comp. Buffets...not the brunch though...that would have been sweet...anyway for the time we were there it was good..

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

The room is very clean, the bed is comfortable, but you can't expect a good service after 11:00pm.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The midnight staff is not as accommodating, I asked for a stopper for the tub past 11pm and the response was, the hotel doesn't have any stopper available??? It is a MUST to provide the stopper & her response was, the maintenance people are gone nobody knows where to get one?" Sorry...". So I said ok I can understand because it's late and I requested if possible to send one tomorrow morning by 11:00am so I can Bath even for 15 minutes, they gave me a wake up call but nobody came over to bring any stopper - even if the staff confirmed she will leave a note to make sure they bring a stopper for the tub. It's not a big deal but it is not appropriate to promise your customer that you will bring a stopper then nothing will ever come to the room. I don't want to push anymore so I just didn't bother to follow up as I don't want to express a frustration early in the morning. Also on my way out, before I hop in my car as the car is parked by valet service, there is no security in the main entrance and some pan handler pull up and it doesn't give a good thing to experience especially before leaving.

The room is clean & a welcome drinks is available on the 4th floor.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

excellent room clean and comfortable gave us adiscount for...

no food service or dining room fro 3-5 pm.

excellent room clean and comfortable gave us adiscount for our meals because of in convenience around closed dining room and n room service.

Nice room, great bathroom, unexpected amount hold on credit card

Was extremely disappointed to see $900 hold on my credit card. It was $400 more than my bill. Staff never advised they will hold extra money. It turned out to be for security purposes. Which is fine, but they MUST advise guests about this upon check in. Wi-fi was only accessible from one device. Couldn't make it work on both laptop and phone. Staff said they had a blackout.

Fantastic bathroom; AC is quiet and located on a side wall - very convenient in case you don't like cold air in your face.

The rooms were spacious and clean.
    • Corner King Room

The service at the breakfast restaurant was mediocre. The food was not appealing. The valet was $20 a day but when we got there no one helped with our things I had to wheel Everything myself and I had two kids with me. My husband wasn't impressed with the service.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The front desk staff was really nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Didn't stay
    • Corner King Room

I booked on Expedia. I was late arriving in town but confirmed the booking by phone with the hotel at 7 pm. They said "your room is ready for your arrival". I had come to see a theatre production, and arrived after the show at 12:30 am to be told "unfortunately, there was a maintenance problem with your room, and all we have left is a room with pull out couch." I said my wife has a bad back and I didn't think that was going to work. However the two nice young people at the desk got busy and phoned all around and finally found us a room at a Best Western Plus about a 25 minute drive away. It had been a very late cancellation there (moments before the desk at the Delta had called we learned) when we got there (1:30am) so lucky. I had tried to book for a long time as it busy in London this weekend and was happy when we got the Delta booking. However they did not contact us re the maintenance problem by email or by either (home and mobile) phone that I assume they had access to (?) However waiting in the lobby (which is quite spectacular visually (it is an armory with a very large addition (high rise with rooms etc) I remembered why it was one of last hotels I tried to book. The restaurant (?) overlooks the wonderful looking atrium but the smell of clorine from the swimming pool on the 3rd floor fills the air. Hm..... I was involved in building a condo and was responsible for all the research on the pool aspect of this. When you smell clorine in the air in a pool it means it is being improperly applied to the water and is in the air, andit's not doing to job of killing the bacteria in the pool. Don't go swimming. So I booked there as a last resort. They said they would give us a full refund Monday (tomorrow).

na

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable.
    • Corner King Room

Request for extra pillows & towels not fulfilled despite a full day's notice. Room service not timely in responding - went to housekeeping voicemail. Call back was 15 minutes later by which time I changed my mind and went to a nearby store instead.

Staff friendly and remembered us after our second visit

Great birthday stay
    • Corner King Room

The staff went above and beyond, especially the bell man (unfortunately didn't catch his name) who was working the night of the 10th, and the front desk attendant Alicia. It was my partners birthday and they truly made our stay memorable and special.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Would definitely stay again.

We had a room next to elevator and could hear it going up and down all day and night. We could also hear the elevator doors clunk closed at every stop.

Grille staff, breakfast and lunch were excellent. Room was very clean,comfy. Loved that the history of the Armouries was incorporated so tastefully.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Deluxe room with 2 queens
    • Premier Queen Room

Requested for a microwave. They made sure there was one but it did not work. We did not complain because we didn't end up using it so it was okay. Only 2 papercups in room and not enough sugar. Parking is a block away 15$ self parking or 20$ valet for the night.

The beds were so comfy we did not want to leave! I love how the hotel is like a castle but the room was so modern! Love the complimentary water in the rooms. Love how the pool is open early. Staff was so sweet and helpful!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Excellent accomadations

Price for the room was high but it was a concert weekend so i understood why!

Everything, valet, cleanliness of room and bathroom, water hot... Quiet... Beautiful... Great first impression

Good looking hotel, but note the cost of parking
    • Corner King Room

Parking was a couple blocks away, & a bit expensive. A lot of police, ambulance sirens through the night, but maybe that's not unusual for a downtown hotel

Larger room, great elevators, & a good bathroom with a strong shower.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

An average stay, nothing to write home about
    • Corner King Room

There was no hot water due to a plumbing issue and when I commented I was told the staff should have offered me another room to shower in. I don't want to shower in another room at 2 am. I was not offered any compensation and when I asked about it was only given a marginal discount. Overall for one night stay it everything was fine but I had higher expectations.

The room was adequate, clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nice venue and our group already plans to return next year!

We were their for an event in a private room. Event did not end until 10 pm and then I tried to go to pool/hot tub to wind down and exercise but CLOSED @ 10 pm .Not Happy!!!

Pool/hot tub area. Looked inviting

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Will be back to stay again.

Phoned front desk twice, to get my gift from my friend. Didn't notice the timer for the jets in the tub until upon leaving.

It was my birthday, and my friend informed the hotel staff of this and received a birthday card! Also, room service was excellent because I had some friends in and required some napkins and forks, and they brought it up to my room. The Jacuzzi tub in the room was super, although didn't notice the timer on the outside of the bathroom wall until upon leaving. Beautiful room, hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

The property is very well kept, very clean and new
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It gets a bit noisy with people banging their doors. At times you can hear your neighbours talking loudly in the room next door.

The property is very well kept, very clean and new

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries is highly recommended
    • Corner King Room

The location of the tap for the jacuzzi is in an awkward spot to the left and when I went to turn the tap for the shower I injured my knee. The alarm was not turned off and went off at 6 am.

The front desk staff were pleasant, quick and efficient, I had a called to report a fight outside in the early morning and it was noted on my file.The front desk was quick to get security to control the fight. The valet staff were friendly and went above and beyond. The waitstaff in the morning for the breakfast were friendly and very quick and the buffet had plenty to choose from. The hotel entrance and lobby was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The complementary breakfast bar was excellent, the king size...
    • Club King Room

Two things (from a senior standpoint): • The hot water should not be as hot -- it can be turned scalding hot in the shower. 50°C would be fine. • A horizontal grab bar along the back wall in the shower would be nice.

The complementary breakfast bar was excellent, the king size bed was very comfortable, and the bath facilities (a large shower) were modern and well equipped. A good selection of channels on the 60" TV. The staff promptly repaired a room door lock problem (batteries) which occurred on our first day.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Would book a room here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would have liked to have been able to order room service after 10...went to a show that lasted till 11. Cane back and would of liked to order some food to snack on

Very nice restaurant. And room was the quietest room I have ever been in.....almost to quiet.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The room was large enough.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping was not good. For the 4 days we were there the room was never made before 4 pm. I requested an earlier time twice but this did not change

The room was large enough. Good bathroom too

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Nice classic hotel with great staff.
    • Corner King Room

Kids hockey party (20) running through the halls screaming, stomping down the stairs and then screaming & yelling in the pool area made that part of the trip a bit difficult for grown ups to enjoy. I thought that London would be a little more up-town. It's kind of run down & depressed.

Very nice staff, very nice furnishings. We enjoyed the historical and elegant building. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Great stay in London

Valet was NEVER at his desk...just a little awkward with dealing with front desk instead of valet directly.

Bed was super comfortable. Pillows were good quality. Shower and towels were great.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Breakfast was yummy but pricey.

Breakfast was yummy but pricey. The pool was great and we loved the kids pool. The whole experience of staying in a "castle" was very exciting for our 3 year old.

Our king room was newly renovated and very comfortable.
    • Corner King Room

Our king room was newly renovated and very comfortable. The elevators were very fast and we never had to wait. Check in and valet parking service was efficient and staff were friendly. The room was quiet and we slept well!!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Great, Comfy Bed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was the best we slept in in our 4 property adventure in Canada--sooo comfy! (This is important)! Overall lovely hotel with friendly staff and very accommodating. :-)

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The rooms are very comfortable although I wish we had a...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The city centre is not good as a lot of shops are closed down and it appears as almost abondand city centre.

The rooms are very comfortable although I wish we had a better view on the city . Victoria Park was great.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Breakfast was not included, so I picked up food to put my...

Breakfast was not included, so I picked up food to put my hotel room frig. There were two convenience stores, very close by. Walked a few blocks away to Coventry Garden Market on Saturday to pick up fresh fruits and veggies. I was attending Home County Folk Festival, a few blocks away in Victoria Park. Spacious room with large bathroom. Comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Great location for rock the park!

A little pricey, but totally worth it in the end!

Great location for rock the park! Close to restaurants and down town shopping. Very friendly staff. Sent up complimentary cheesecake for the birthday girl!

we found the hotel and staff friendly and helpful

we found the hotel and staff friendly and helpful

Great location and hotel

There was nothing we didn’t like.

The staff were all very personable, friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice and we felt very comfortable.

Good place. Love the location. Helpful staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location. Comfy beds. Very good facilities.

Rooms are dated,

The reception is friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast is too limit and the room’s door is a bit old

The reception is friendly

Old

Expensive

Pool

Wonderful facilities

the hallway to the pool on the lower level with the brick wallfelt like a dungeon

The basketball courts, the gym, and pool were fantastic.

My girlfriend and I just loved this hotel, the staff were friendly and very professional.
    • Club King Room

There was nothing at this hotel that we didn't like. Experience was all pleasure, thank you.

EVERYTHING!!

Great hotel with excellent pool and activity space for kids.

No bar near the pool and drinks not allowed in the area.

Pool was excellent. Gym room for kids was great.

Room was nice !
    • Premier Queen Room

Smell of chlorine as soon as you walked in front door

Room was nice !

Location was so convenient.
    • Premier Queen Room

Location was so convenient. Staff were extremely kind.

Blunt

The breakfast

The room

Staff friendly and helpful.

No on sight parking.

Staff friendly and helpful. Beds very comfortable.

Excellent, great staff friendly and very accommodating

There for daughters wedding

Amazing experience, I will definitely recommend it,
    • Club King Room

The help with bringing my luggage to my room.

We had a great experiences and looking forward to staying with you again!

everything was perfect!

The staff were outstanding!!

Parking