Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal 4 stars

475 avenue President Kennedy, H3A 1J7 Montréal, Canada

#27 of 134 hotels in Montréal

The internet connection was really poor, which makes work quite difficult. And I find that for a tab of 350$ before tax, (one room, one night, one person) there could have been at least some slippers and bathrobe to make me feel a bit like I got value for my money. Not even a fridge or mini bar in the room. Comfy bed, clean, yes. But the rest sure didn't make me feel like I wanted to book there again at the same rate.

Comfy bed, clean, yes. But the rest sure didn't make me feel like I wanted to pay this again.

Very good location, being close to Quartier des Spectacles. Large, very comfortable room which was very well sound proofed, though decor somewhat dated. Very large & well equipped bathroom.

For $250 per night, the room was not worth that. The carpet in room 402 is stained and dirty that had to ask for sleeper. The room in general is musty. Also awakened at around 0310hr by loud banging, shouting, and knocking outside the door beside our room. Upon peeking on the peephole, 5 people were lying and some were puking. This noise have been ongoing for 15-20 minutes although we notified the front desk.

Wonderfully comfortable bed and great pillows. A quiet retreat at the end of the day. Large desk area if you need to get some work done. Staff let me check in early and check out late.

Gym needs updating. Dirty and grungy. LifeFitness equipment is top notch but weight machines are substandard - poor quality - poor performance. Elevators are dated. Unsightly doorways and entrances are visible from main hall areas. Pillows are very uncomfortable. Spent two sleepless nights as a result. Had to buy own feather filled soft pillow to get sleep.

Room size was ample. Mattress firm and comfortable. Usual array of amenities with none lacking. Great location.

The bed was amazingly comfortable, our room was spacious, and the little details like free water bottles and access to the club floor were very appreciated benefits.

The staff at the Delta are extremely friendly and helpful, and make you feel right at home. Also, the beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are always clean, stylish, and give a nice view of the city. The on-site parking is very convenient as well. Only about a 5 minute walk to Eaton Centre for great shopping and easy access to St Catherine Street. This is my 6th time staying there and it’s the only hotel I will choose when visiting Montreal. Highly recommended!

Not a thing!

I booked 2 rooms in error on line, when we checked in our desk host remedied the situation and was very kind and our room was upgraded. It was amazing, we were very pleased. We enjoyed the excellent breakfast buffet. The desk clerk arranged for us to book a bus tour. Everything and everyone were extremely pleasant and helpful. Our housekeeper was efficient and kind. We are Vermonters so a trip to Montreal is always exciting and a bit overwhelming, we found everyone extremely helpful in navigating the city. We had a great visit.

I requested balcony and when I got to the room it didn't have one. I called front desk, they offered me a room with one, for $20 more/night. Wish they had mentioned that when I checked in. Also, the coffee maker required pods, but ground coffee crystals were provided.

The balcony. The room was clean and large. Loved the location, and the parking garage was heated.

The staff was very strict, my kids were with me and it didn't seem they were very welcome there. If this is not a family/children friendly hotel then we should have been informed of that. What pool hotel doesn't open until 3 p.m.? It seems almost every time they were walking in the halls they were told to go back to their rooms, appalling. The worst part of our visit was eating in the restaurant. The staff was beyond slow and couldn't even get the children their drinks, after being asked on multiple occasions, 4 times. The food was average at best. I had a pulled pork sandwich with maybe 2 oz. of pork. It was very dry. The entire dining visit was close to 3 hours, with children. I was overcharged for my room, not what I was quoted, and the prices are not worth it. . I couldn't book on the hotel site, I booked on a google site, because they were cheaper, make sense, no. I was overall very disappointed and with a group of over 100 people, we will not be returning. We were told when I booked, a cot was an option. However, when I asked at the hotel I was denied. The hotel also ran out of Canadian money to exchange, on a Saturday. In general, beware!! Try somewhere else.

the beds were comfortable

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Ideal location in Downtown and close to lots of shopping, sights, and restaurants. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Ideal for families. Our go to hotel when in Montreal.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Skip the breakfast buffet: mediocre and overpriced. Try one of the many nearby restaurants instead (The Universal is a 5-minute walk and is fabulous).

Great downtown location, easy walking distance to McGill, Museum of Fine Arts, and many great restaurants. Metro stop less than one block away, taxi stand on hotel property. Rooms are spacious and well-configured with work area and entry area complete with coat hooks (important during cold weather when everyone is wearing lots of outerwear).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

House keeping didn't clean and stock up the room properly during our stay. Couldn't get comfortable in room heating was either too cold or too hot and also noisy heater. Problems with tv.

Beds were comfortable, location was good, staff were friendly.

the pool wasn't open until 3pm. not what i wanted when booking. i wanted a pool to relax in.

very spacious..staff was very pleasant. right away changed from French to English to help us book in.

Comfortable clean friendly staff good price and good location. Easy to get in and out of hotel and it’s parking. Also parking had in/out privileges-which many in Montreal do not

We were surprised that there was no locker in the room. Also the cab driver did not immediately know of the hotel but when we told him the address he knew where to take us. There are quite a few Marriott hotels in the immediate vicinity.

Check in and check out were very smooth, the staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were well appointed. Also we requested for a late check-out which was granted to us. A huge thank you to the staff for that.

The first room they gave us had a loud running machine (ultraviolet light to kill germs) on counter. It had appeared as if the room had not been cleaned. There were cigarette ashes on the balcony. And a dirty bathroom. A very nice receptionist, Lugiana, gave us a new room that she said was an upgrade to a suite, that turned out to be even smaller. We tried to use the pool but it didn't open till 3pm. When we told the front desk that there were no restrictions mentioned for the pool, parking, closed bar etc. They said we should have made reservations through them and not Booking.com as all the information was not listed. They insisted we join Marriott Rewards Program. Several times our keys would not work. No apologies from staff. The pool area was dirty, as were the locker and shower facilities. On our last night our keys would not work again. The receptionist said we should must speak to the manager. She came out with a security guard and informed us they purposely double locked our room. When asked why, they said we were smoking in the room, which we absolutely did not. She said a $250 fee would be applied and said they have proof. She swung her computer screen so we cold see and showed us a picture of a package of tobacco. While we were sightseeing, security went upstairs and took pictures of our room. When asked if it was against policy to have a package of cigarettes in plain view, she said they would reverse the $250 charge. When we asked further questions, we were told theyed be happy to let us leave (at 7pm) basically throwing us out in the street. Tired as we were and it being our last night we didn't have the energy, though we would have liked to after feeling so violated. The manager insisted security escort us up to our room. Upon departure in the morning, we asked if they would like to inspect our room (so there would not be a $250 charge to our credit card after we left) we were told "please leave" "we are done with you"

Not much. Possibly the location but there was much construction and hard to negotiate train. Difficult to park and unload luggage. No helpful staff upon arrival.

The room was very nice the only gripe I had was it could use a little fridge in it but other than that awesome

Nice real nice view, was clean and friendly staff

I didn't receive any Genius perks but would be interesting in knowing what they were or should have been.

We've stayed at the hotel before and find it comfortable and quiet, with easy access to bars and restaurants as well as quick access to the Metro.

Non responsive front desk attendant on check in provided no info,no brochures in room outlining facility amenities,HVAC system too loud to sleep had to turn off which made room unreasonably cold.

Location great,excellent gym,property well maintained

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Perhaps a kettle to make tea in the room andsomebiscuits?

The staff in the spa were exceptional! The house keeping staff also extremely attentive and understanding!

The wifi was spotty and the connection kept crashing and no one at the hotel seemed to care. I was forwarded to their internet team in the US and the lady told me that the only reason why the wifi was bad was because I was on the basic internet access and that I could improve it was to pay extra for higher speed. I had better wifi at the Starbucks across the street.

internet connection was unreliable; could not complete the work I expected to be able to do.

All good except internet connection was unreliable - a big disappointment

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only issue that we had is that a small sleeve of pills went missing from the desk in our room during the second day of our stay. We did not report it to the hotel bc it was a blood pressure medication (although the packaging probably made it look like something more inviting)and the person for whom it was prescribed had more at home and was able to skip one day’s dose. We did not want to spend our short visit together dealing with negative issues so we let it go but it was disturbing to think what could have happened if it had been a different medication. We had no visitors to the room so no one other than hotel staff would have been in the room.

The room was spacious and tastefully decorated with every amenity we needed. The towels were thick and fluffy and the breakfast in the club room was generous and delicious.

Water pressure in the shower fell short of my expectations. The food in the breakfast and in the hotel restaurant was nothing more than average.

Comfortable bed and a suitable location. The Spa located in the ground floor is worth a visit... i had a great stress relieving back/shoulders massage.

It wasn't possible to confirm parking in advance but there was no problem getting a spot in the garage when we arrived.

We stayed here because it was the race hotel for the Grand Prix Montreal Pro Tour cycling race after staying at the Hilton Garden Inn last year. Similar experience though Delta a little nicer mostly because we were upgraded to a suite which included visits to a lounge for happy hour snacks (buy alcohol) and breakfast buffet. Our 23rd floor room had a tiny balcony with great views but no chairs. Bed very comfortable, fantastic walk-in shower, big TV and a mini fridge made for a very comfortable room. Staff very friendly and helpful, dinner in restaurant wasn't bad, parking in garage about $25USD per day seemed fair. We normally stay at places half this price or less but I felt it was good value if you want to be right in this area.

The WiFi was spotty. I found that if I was in one corner of the room I could get service, but if I moved to the other side it slowed down significantly. Being from the US, free WiFi is key for me. Also, the room I had, although great, was directly next to some sort of utility room that had a door coming into my room. The door was locked, but from the other side. As a single woman travelling alone, this was a little concerning. It seemed like there was mechanical noise coming from the room at night. For a lighter sleeper, this may have been an issue.

The room (deluxe king) was very spacious and clean. The issues below aside, I would definitely recommend and would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were 3 elevators at a lobby but very slow. There was no safe box in a guest room.

The location was excellent. It was located in front of McGill music buildings, and just a few minutes walk to McGill mail buildings, UQAM, and Place des Arts. There were tons of shops, restaurants and cafes in the area and very easy to get public transportation. There were street arts and statues everywhere around the area. We had lots of fun.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very noisy at night; The elevator is very slow. Can't find staircase easily which could be a potential hazard if there is a fire. The staff is very indifferent, not willing to introduce anything around, which i found that was different from any other hotels i had been. I believe they are all bilingual.

This was our 5 year anniversary. We called ahead to let them know. We got a smelly room, the shampoo bottle was half used. The view was terrible. Staff didn't seem to care. We won't be going back to that hotel. It was our second year there as well and we were really disappointed at the treatment we received when we let them know. They did nothing to improve our stay.

The balcony was small and seemed like it was still in construcion , the tables in my room were not clean and the coffee was disgusting , plus the staff was rude . My room didnt have all the little things that we need for a stay .

balcony looked very old and dirty no coffee was offered in the lobby in the morning

cucumber infused water and lemon infused water offered in the lobby

The parking wasn't​ included And we had to pay extra for every day I think that 4 star hotel should include the parking and make it free for the hotel costumers

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

No free parking for the hotel residents.

The location is the best advantage in the down town near St. Catherine street, the old monstera,the old port, the mountain, museums and Mcgill university.

Staff are not very friendly, ex:no smile, not really welcoming, nothing extra to make u wanna go back. We mentioned that our meeting in downtown is at 3 pm &if we could stay in the room till 2 pm instead of 1pm n they said there will be extra charges. I don't see u get any service for what u pay except that u r in downtown, like I understand for parking we pay which is fine, but when the customer ask to stay an hour longer in the room when they are already paying $200+ per night only to literally SLEEP shouldn't be a big deal.

have stayed here many times but i think it's time to find a new base for montreal visits . hotel was expensive for the experience . feels like prices have increased since marriott bought the delta chain but nothing has improved

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

There was a hair in the bathtub. The beds are not comfortable and the mattresses squeak.

Staff was excellent. They accommodated my request to be away from elevators. Rooms were newly renovated. Excellent desk and plugs and cables console! Best I have seen.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

The parking garage was quite tight, which is a bit more difficult when you have a larger vehicle. But was happy there was parking on site.

We received a complimentary room upgrade, which ended up including a free breakfast and cocktail hour each day. Wonderful surprise upon arrival!

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Nothing to complain about.

Large room. Club bar breakfast was quite good. Available all day for coffee. Exercise room looked were well equipped. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Found it to be a bit pricey and breakfasts could have been better.

Staff at this hotel were helpful, friendly, personable and enjoyed the pool area and kudos to the staff in the bar, they were awesome. Felt very safe and secure at this hotel

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Friendly staff, understood problems and helped facilitate all issues. Ahmad at reception was kind and took extra initiative to be helpful. At one point, he came out with a shovel to help clear snow out from under my tires to help my car get out of a snowpatch.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The ambience and spirit of the hotel leaves so much to be desired. Cold and impersonal lighting, no fresh flowers on the reception desk with polyester orchids installed to 'brighten up' the uninspiring decor in the lobby. Staff in unattractive and sloppy uniforms, and not particularly welcoming ( although polite ). The breakfast room is dated and unappealing and the buffet itself, unimaginative and not in keeping with current expectations.

The newly-decorated, large guest room was very comfortable and quiet. Hotel is well-located and within a 10 minute walk to McGill University.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

The buffet breakfast could do with a refresh, the offerings were somewhat tired and not near the standards offered by other 4* hotels. Need serious instruction in how to make a decent (both quantity, temperature and type) pot of tea.

Great rooms, good amount of space, easy to use. particularly liked 'tea kettle' in the room.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Despite that it was New Year's Eve, my partner and I did not appreciate the loud noise and the smoking in the room next door to ours. We had to call the front desk twice to tell them of the situation, and they didn't really do much about it. Afterwards, when we went to tell the front desk what happened the next morning, they didn't really want to address the problem, but just gave us two free breakfast buffets, which I don't know what that has to do with the smokers or the noise. Not satisfied with how this was handled and never going back to this place.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

not a thing

Excellent location, five minutes walk from the main shopping artery, St. Catherine Street. Very courteous staff, particularly efficient in resolving small billing concern (a tip of the toque here to Pascal in Le Cordial restaurant!) A very enjoyable stay indeed. We shall be back.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bed wasn't comfortable, too flat.

Staff was professional and pleasant and spoke to us in English without difficulty and made us feel welcome. Room was clean and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

deposit required too big, a NASTY surprise as not mentioned on website, weak WiFi in bedroom, because of size too many people for my liking

Bed VERY comfy; room and bathroom very clean, desk to work at

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Club King Room

Check in was awkward. It took longer than normal as there was an obvious issue with my booking. I specifically requested a balcony and no Down pillows as to allergies. Never received either. Value for money was poor. Wouldn't stay again.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Front desk guy who checked me in was a pleasure to deal with .. I was coming from another hotel that I wasn't happy with and he gave me a great room and was Very easy to deal with

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

the price of the hotel for the amenities and the service provided was high. Being from Toronto I am accustomed to expensive hotels that offer much more and the stay and service is exceptional!

the location was good, close to many sites and attractions

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Club King Room

No chairs on balcony. No place to get a real cup of coffee before 7AM on weekends. Had to walk 2 blocks to a Tim Hortons.

Walking distance to McGill, China town and Old Montreal. Large room with balcony.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

There wasn't anything big we didn't like. However, our room was near one of the storage rooms with towels, etc., so we did wake up a few times throughout the night and early morning when the door of that room was closed (suggestion: ask staff, especially those working night shifts, to close/open those rooms super quietly). I will most likely stay at Delta Montreal next time I'm in Montreal because overall it was great, and I'll ask to make sure my room is not near one of the storage rooms.

No one was nagging us (the way you're nagged at stores sometimes) but whenever we needed anything, someone was there to help us (extra bottles of water, a blankie at night, etc.). The bed was definitely extra comfy and the shower was great (the two things that have usually been a discomfort for me in the past). My friend and I adored the middle-aged waiter who served us breakfast (I believe his name was Jean-Luc).

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

A complimentary breakfast would have been nice. I did appreciate the flavoured water and apples available though. Finding the parking while driving through one-way streets was a bit tricky, when you aren't used to Montreal streets.

The bed was very comfortable and there was absolutely no noise. The location was great - within walking distance to Old Montreal and St. Denis street.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shower head is a hand shower and has low power. Mattress is uncomfortable and sagging. Continental breakfast mostly pastries that seem to be from frozen, no cereals, cheese berries, the hot buffet is mostly processed meat items scrambled eggs from a bag and soggy French toast.

Staff Is pleasant and helpful great housekeeping staff. Room is nice, bathroom is nice and spacey.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

The staff was incredibly welcoming and helpful. I mentioned to Emilie while checking in that we were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. Not only did she have sparkling water and sweets sent to the room but included was a handwritten note from her and she even remembered the number of years we were married.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The balcony, the view was nice the staff was very nice the bell up were very nice they even set the chair and table on the balcony, wee enjoy the stay,tks

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The parking system (buttons, arm) were a little slow and made me think it wasn't working. Kind of confusing if it's your first time. Parking is a little expensive, and so is breakfast but I guess that's market rate in that part of town.

The location was great! The staff was friendly. The room was modern, clean and comfortable. It was perfect in every way.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

I didn't realize it was a pet friendly hotel. I have nothing against dogs but didn't love the thought of allergens.

Location, comfort, cleanliness. Great mattress. Spacious room,

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

For the prices for the room a simple breakfast included would have been the top of our staying.

I was very pleased to stay at the Delta, very friendly stuff, comfy beds, great location

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

I asked to add my cooperate discount code and the staff was unable to assist. I believe this is a pretty simple request that would have saved me hundreds of dollars.

I usually stay at the Hilton and this was a excellent stay comparably.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The bartender at the hotel restaurant had a weird attitude and gave really slow service even though She only had about five customers while I was in there. The room itself was pretty nice, although it smelled a little musty

The location. It's right by Saint Catherine's street and old Montreal

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The room doors are very noisy and when people closes them during the night the noise that gets to the other rooms is very loud. The balcony was so dirty it looks like it was never cleaned (ever). The common areas are quite old.

Nice location, spacious and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Couldn't even smoke on the balcony, if I did it was a 200 dollars fine. No bathtub as I was told when I call to confirm my reservation. My husband also forgot is $150 razor and we called in for lost and found and nothing showed up. Really disappointed.

Bed is really comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Parking lot couldn't accommodate my vehicle. Local surface lots wouldn't let me pay beyond 6 am, so I had to go out at 5:45 to " feed the meter" (obviously not Delta's fault). Elevators were out of order when we wanted to go to bed.

It sas realul excelent!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The entire staff at the Hotel was phenomenal...I will always book there as long as I travel to Montreal.

Smaller than I expected based on the pictures online.

Friendly staff nice and clean.

The view sucked, but that’s ok.

Super comfy bed. Quiet, walked everywhere.

Poor hand held shower head that fell apart

Excellent location and staff Very comfortable bed

Staff good but manager was not. Spoil the stay at the last part when checking out.

Expensive.

Hotel was very clean: lobby, halls, room, pool.

No longer able to park our vechicle or bring it up when leaving! Was something we used!

Breakfast buffet could have been better. Eggs runny and tasteless.

The room and location great

Large room good bedind windows opened

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

better to take the general cleaning of the rooms intensive.

Browse Delta Hotels by Marriott Montreal traveller photo gallery