Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Toronto East 4 stars

2035 Kennedy Road, Scarborough, M1T 3G2 Toronto, Canada

#72 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I reached the hotel at 3 pm to check in as stated in the itinerary. At the reception desk, I asked for a room on upper floor facing south for more sunlight and better view. It is a reasonable request if the fee is that expensive. However the Asian staff at the reception desk just gave a room on the second floor facing south with the reason 'THE ROOMS ARE NOT AVAILABLE'. Are all the rooms supposed to be ready at 3 pm ? Only a three-year-old would believe what he said. You can even select a seat in the cinema. Why no room selection in the hotel if you pay that much ? It does not make any sense. I put the driver licence and credit card politely right to his hand upon his request. He just put back these cards twice on the table for me to pick up. He was lying in arrogant and uncooperative attitude. In the room, TV just showed the 'ON DEMAND' advertisement and I could not watch TV programs. The view outside was terrible as the cars were running on the highway less than 100 m away. The service was poor and unprofessional.

• Premier King Room

Booking through booking.com actually cost more than through hotel. Also, the hotel charged parking when the garage was free for anyone who booked through them directly as well it must be noted the garage was open and free for everyone thst was at the Dance Comp. We were part of this dance group.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were somewhat dated, and the indoor fountain wasn't working/ full of garbage, which was a bummer.

Very unique layout & decor. Large indoor garden/atrium was beautiful!

The room was way too hot despite the AC on the lowest setting and the fan on the highest setting. The brunch is very overpriced.

The pool, hot tub and gym were excellent.

my bf and i was running late to an event. while getting ready we had the radio on " not loud", but with the rush of running late to the even we forgot the radio on. We did have a 'Do not disturb card " because thing was left everywhere in the room such as personal stuff, money, etc. As we returned from the event our card was not working so we headed to the front desk to find out why the card was not working. Room next door made a " noise complaint", again the music was not on loud i guess the walls are too thin. Beside the point, one of the staff entered the room without us being there , did not call to let us know they would be going into the room even tho the "do not disturb" sign was on. I wish we had more privacy during our stay because i trusted knowing that even if i had money or personal stuff lying around in the room that know one would come in while not being there

Internet was a bit of a hassle in the room, needed to connect to Delta Meeting and some phone calls were needed to resolve. I was helped out quickly, friendly and professionally. Laundry room dryer was out of order; all games in the arcade were out of order. I did not need to go in the arcade, but I do wanted to use the laundry game. I do understand that this can happen.

Friendly staff, good location, comfortable room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Why stock rooms with plastic bottles of water? Tap water is perfect for drinking. Plastic bottles are destructive to our environment.

We arrived during a major snow/ice storm. Power surge had taken down computers at reception. Staff used pen and paper to start registration, but could not assign rooms without computers, so a score of us lounged on couches in lobby and unstaffed bar until past midnight. We were grateful to be out of the storm, pinched glasses from the unstaffed bar and opened our duty-free rum! Management extended check-out time to 2 PM and waived charge for garage parking.

Internet is dial up, underground parking and access to hotel is an adventure, in desperate need of renovations oh and you’ll enjoy (not) the heating controls and heating in the rooms

Location is ideal

• Premier Double Room

Staff were not helpful. They always seem to have some sort of extra fee.

The pool and location were the only decent things in this hotel. That’s if the slide was open.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel could use renovations, it does not remind me of the Marriott quality I expect. With renovations, this could be a 4 star property.

The kids liked the slide at the pool. It was attended by a staff member which is another plus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room clean service is not good. they even forget to clean the room, i have to call the front desk to ask them to clean, twice. i also feel in this hotel is not safe, i lost my make up stuff in the hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking set up, very inconvenient and you had the audacity to charge for parking. Shampoo and soap was not replenished.

The facility and room was very quiet.

I did not appreciate the smell of chlorine throughout the hallways and in the restaurant. I had wished that the pool area was separate - was closed off from the hallways.

I appreciated the staff that answered questions and meet our needs as best as possible

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Front desk clerk rude when we arrived early. Pool looked really dirty. March break activities almost non existent but they charged me 25$. Service in restaurant really slow.

The bath tub was on the small side and not really very comfortable for a good soak.

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. My bed was excellent, very comfortable. I slept better than I usually do when travelling.

It was freezing cold in the room. Turns out the radiator was broken. I was switched rooms. The room switched too did not have fridge, food and snap purchased was spoilt and wasted because no fridge in room I was switched to.

I've always like this location and staff. I've stayed about 3 times before and love the relaxed pool environment and food options.

Not much, it's great. Maybe room service could be more varied, but really the hotel is really great, will definitely stay again.

The pool, gym, spa, our room view, and proximity to Aga Khan Museum

The parking structure is falling apart where debris can fall on your car.

Walking through the front entrance was warming and inviting as we were greeted immediately.

Booked with booking.com and requested two king rooms with balcony overlooking pool ... They put us in a parking lot view on the outside of hotel , I went back and told them of my request, I got one king bed with balcony and the other was twins with a window view. The hot tub was not working . There is no refrigerators or ice Machine on the odd floors

Pool and slide and courtyard were nice ..room service was quick

The snow removal could have been better near the parking garage and front entrance.

The view of the surrounding towers and trains. The closeness to the city. The room was amazing. Best place I've ever stayed. The pool and hot tub were great. They treated us with kindness nd respect and everyone loved our dog!

No towels in room, called housekeeping they never came. Hockey teams running and screaming in hallways til late, security not looking after situation.

Pool

The pool was very cold. It didn't feel heated at all. That was a big disappointment as going to the pool was a huge part of our night..

The room was very clean which was lovely. We ordered room service which came pretty fast and the food was delicious.

• Premier Double Room

Hotel had a dreary feel due to not enough lighting for the size of the place. Room decor was drab. No bar fridge in what was considered a premium room.

See above.

Came back from visiting family and there were no towels provided in the bathroom at all! We called and they delivered just the 2 towels for showering! Both nights we had children running in the halls close to midnight!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking difficult due to construction. Limited TV reception over New Years Football time.

Staff excellent---Room tired & old but so am I---Bar & restaurant 20 yds away !! Rec area very acceptable ---Ground floor food very acceptable---did not try 14th floor--

See the comment above regarding noise. When mentioned to the receptionist the next morning, she simply said sorry and nothing more . Also couldn't adjust thermostat and room was very warm. Parking is not convenient as we has to walk quite a distance to get to the elevator for the tower and my husband has some mobility issues. Wouls also sugest putting grab bars in the bath tub area.

Unfortuately we had a whistle from the window off & on all night, making it very difficult to sleep. I appreciate that the winds were high and we were on the 10th floor but it appeared that there was a leak in the seal holding the window. Bed was comfortable and toiletries were decent.

Room could use a mini fridge. Paying for parking.

Pool and water slide are amazing!. The beds are very comfortable!!. They didn’t make us pay for parking, because it was Christmas.

The parking lot was a bit difficult to find. Also, carrying the luggages from the parking lot to the reception hall was difficult because there was no elevator and we needed to take the stairs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is really nice, but it is showing its age. Fraying carpet, peeling wallpaper. The pool is visible from the lobby level, so there is a strong chlorine smell.

Very comfortable bed. Friendly staff. Very good buffet breakfast, but a bit on the pricey side.

Someone went through our bags and a $20 bill was stolen. The head of housekeeping called and told me that it wasn't his staff. My lady and I have a practice of closing our bags and putting everything away before we leave a room. We came back to find 1) a clean room, 2) open bags, 3) a missing $20 bill from my lady's wallet, which was in her bag and put away in the closet.

Nice big hotel. Amenities.

I was on a business trip. I couldn't connect to internet with my laptop using a VPN. Access was denied. Had to call operator. He connected me to the tech support. And he connected my vpn manually. That lasted just for some minutes and disconnected again. The heater was not working in the room. Had to call maintenance to fix it. No microwave or mini fridge in the room. People were talking loudly in the hallway between 2 am to 4 am . I couldn't sleep. It seems that peoples were back from a party and were hanging out in the hallway instead of going in their rooms.i had to call the front desk to complain.

The location was ok. Bed ok. Room ok. Staff ok.

The heating did not work and was loud. The room was not quiet (other guests were audible through thin walls and the noise from the swimming pool in the atrium went on beyond midnight). The chlorine smell from the swimming pool came into the room through the balcony door. They charged extra for parking.

The bed was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Premier Double Room

When we arrived...... hotel had no record of out Booking.com reservation and confirmation!! No elevator from parking garage!!!! Construction around the hotel.... drop off area was very tight to motivate. Housekeeping on the 3rd day.... threw out our personal shampoo!!!!! Very disappointing experience

Construction nearby meant we had to park in a lot across the street that was not well lit at night

Great pool area and surrounds - resort feel and look

• Premier King Room

Wall paper in bathroom was peeling and felt the room could need some sprousing up.

Comfortable beds. Impressive swimming pool and water slide. Excellent omelettes we ordered, but breakfast buffet looked very good too. Front desk was very pleasant and helpful.

• Premier King Room

The customer service wasn't great. I also had to go to lobby for my food delivery. Not worth the money at all I've stayed at just as nice places for cheaper and was more satisfied.

There was lemon water near front desk and a pool for the kids. The slide looked fun but was closed when we were swimming.

• Premier King Room

Bathroom needs an upgrade ... especially bathtub area .. as water didn’t flow quick enough ... a mini fridge option would be a nice room addition ... was not informed of extra parking charge at checkin ... deposit refund (as they always debit your credit card another 50-100$) was not issued in timely manner (I personally obtained a receipt at checkout and waiting on 75$)

Room / bed was very comfortable ... front desk was very pleasant and friendly

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Unable to adjust water pressure in shower, was told by maintenance man that if we wanted a tap we could adjust we would need to change rooms. Also room poorly cleaned and the hallway was dirty, was not cleaned at all during 10 night stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The noise from the highway traffic kept me awake most of the night. It never occurred to me to ask for a room farther away from the highway.

The young man on the desk who checked us in was really lovely.

The bed sheets didn't seem very fresh. Found hair and wasn't mine.

The indoor pool but a little cold temperature wise. The hotel overall was nice and quiet. Maybe needs a cafe in the future.

Satisfied over all. There was only one bath robe in closet .No big deal. I would have called room service . They were prompt delivering glasses and coffee cups. Thank you

Curious friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The a/c was weird and loud - but finally got it working. There was no fridge nor safes in the rooms not facing the loud street (traffic).

The room was a QUIET room and this is my first priority (jet lag) ... the staff was very friendly!

Staff at front desk were clueless. It took 25 minutes to check out while I was standing with the person! There were many wrong items on my bill. The response was we have other guests with the same name,What!!!!

Only one young (Japanese) young man at front desk, caused me embarrassment over a parking ticket, October 3 . Very bad attitude when dealing with me, and caused much upset. This man's in the wrong job!

Friendly, helpful staff, from front desk to cleaners. Also, wonderful food😁

• Premier Double Room

Only thing i was amnused by was my friend found a Bed bug on her bed and the following day I had a bite on my arm .. it was a terrible experience but other than the one big we had found , it was all good ..we stayed the duration of our stay with no other issues

It's huge and has a pool and a gym ..and the staff are always welcoming

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking lot is not great. Hard when you have a stroller. Too many stairs and no elevator to go to the lobby

The swimming pool was great and kid friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

About the only thing I can say that I didn't like is minor. The coffee packets provided in the room (with coffee machine) are extremely difficult to open. We had to give up on them. Be sure you bring a small pair of scissors. I enjoyed being able to have my herbal tea in my room in the evening though.

A lovely place to stay...everything you could want in one place. Just be aware that breakfast is not included in the price AND you will have to pay an extra $12.95 a night for parking. Overall the prices are good both for the stay and in the restaurants. The staff is friendly and quick to respond to a customer's needs. Our bath tub was missing a stopper and someone from engineering came up right away and installed a new one. The room was lovely and the beds were very comfortable and had lots of pillows...and the ergonomic desk chair gave wonderful support for my back.

it was a bit far from the city and a bit far from the airport.. they´re near bus station though.. breakfast doesn't have so much variations. but it was ok..

people working are really nice and friendly..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't get served drinks at the restaurant. They refused to let my child on the slide because she was 2inches too short. Horrible trying to get from parking garage to the lobby. Lazy staff. Dirty reused papers in the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room looked onto a stone wall about 6 feet away. In other words, the other building! No wonder the room was booked at such a low rate and yet was advertised as having views of Niagra Falls from this Hotel. Right, but not from THIS room. Very disappointing. Drove 1400 miles to get there...looking forward to the views.

Convenient location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was under construction and tricky to navigate parking garage. Food at the restaurant was subpar. Nachos were done with deep fried pita instead of corn chips - disgusting. Just take nachos off the menu people.

Rooms are big and clean. Great pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathtub had black mold on the tiles. Not good for the price we were paying for the room. The breakfast as $18.95 buffet. No perks for paying guests.

Bed was very comfortable. I also appreciated the friendly staff. Parking was easy.

I have a full size truck. I was unable to fit in their parking garage. I had to park my truck with employee parking. When I went to leave my truck was blocked in.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was very far away from the city centre so required a long journey on public transport. Information about how to use public transport and directions would also be appreciated.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I like the room with modern design. I joined a tour to Maritime provinces and some days also stayed at Delta Hotels. I like the design, simple, modern and practical. The staff is good to do her best to find me two rooms side by side with a door in between. Helps a lot to walk to my girl's room.

We are not very technically inclined and found the tv very hard to use. The rule in the shower could use a little tlc

Then room was very spacious and bright and the bed was comfy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Garage parking did not have an elevator and I ended up taken my luggage to lobby by walking through the street

When they noticed my disability offered a room more disability friendly. Also gave me valet parking at cost of regular parking when I complained about no elevator from parking lot.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

ODDLY ENOUGH THE ROOM HAD NO FRIDGE WHICH PUT ME OUT A LITTLE. THE REST OF THE ROOM AND THE POOL AND EVERYTHING ELSE WAS EXCELLENT. THE KIDS LOVED THE POOL AND WATER SLIDE

Bathroom could use some updating - needs an exhaust fan, nicer tub, etc. Also, noticed hair on ceiling initially and it was still there when we left, 3 days later. Large window in room, was so foggy that you couldn't see out of it - needs to be replaced! Minimal channels on TV, and no fridge in room added to our disappointment. Parking lot was under repair, so had to park in lot nearby, allowing access in through hotel more challenging - not convenient to our room, by any means.

The location was easy to get to from the 401.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Black mould on the ceiling in the shower, coffee station a little cheesy. Could have put a Keurig machine in the room, and not paper cups.

Staff were very nice and professional, room was generally clean and well appointed overall.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Aug 13 (Sun) : The house keeper forgot to replace the following items : - the two large bathroom towels and 1 square towel - 1 bottle of spring water - 2 paper cups - 1 tea bag Aug 15 (Tue) : The house keeper forgot again to replace the following items: - one large bathroom towel - 2 tea bags After calling to the front desk, the staff immediately delivered to us. 😋👍

Laundry room & swimming pool

Our second night there was a birthday party in one of the ball rooms in our end of the hotel lid music had a hard time getting our young children to sleep. No bar fridge in our room.

The children pool and having a balcony at night to sit on while our children settled.

Breakfast was great especially the omlette chef I had. Service was either very good or very bad at the restaurant. It depended on who I had on that day

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Black mold was all over the bathroom. It looked like they attempted to paint it over. Parking was not complimentary. We had to pay $24 to park for two nights . When asked about the parking, we were told yes it was included with our stay but then upon checkout we were charged despite us questioning the charge. Breakfast was too expensive for what you get. The location had nothing within walking distance. Also since this hotel was advertised as The Toronto Zoo's official hotel we were disappointed to not see any advertisements or information present at the hotel to assist us.

Pool and location since it's easily accessible from the 401

Bed was a less comfortable one than we have had there before. Disappointed to see the parking area all torn up and having to park in the underground parking which is less convenient

Lots of choices in the restaurant at breakfast and staff very friendly and helpful . Enjoyed seeing the groom com in on a horse on the Sat morning. An unexpected surprise .

I came to my room to find out they changed the key and door lock but never notified me earlier when i came back to the room i could not get inside had to go to front desk for key what i think hapened they gave me a notice after i left my room that day

For a first time visiting it was centrally located to a nice Shopping mall and the zoo for my kids although next to a busy highway i was not disappointed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

All the electrical cords were unplugged for some reason and it was difficult to find them in the dark when I arrived. Paying for parking is unfortunate

Nothing out of the ordinary.

The room had an odor from the time we entered. I had to buy an air freshener for the room for the duration f the stay.

The breakfast and meals were great. The room cleaners etc were friendly and accommodating. Location was in good proximity to the bus and train transportation. Was central.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

One of the bed was loose and making a lot of noise, every time you move.

They didn't leave clean towels several days. I had to call them. Also water left onky the two first day, employee in front desk didn't even knew if they supposed to leave water for the coffee.

I loved the dynamic of the building, I loved how the pool was right there when you walked in. The staff was amazing and their hospitality was limitless.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I book I read two swingpool one sea salt . And free breakfast .. .. nothing of those are true .. also for 7 days I sign only 790 dollars . Then the took out from my chocking was 990. 00 dollars .. that's I don't like .. false advertise ..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking garage access to the hotel is inconvenient, especially for clients with stairs challenges. Not impressed having to walk through hotel furniture storage area to access hotel lobby. Wet elevator floors due to traffic from the pool is an accident in waiting.

Location is probably the best asset due to ease of access to the 401 and most of Scarborough businesses.

The pool is really cold I dont know how the kids handle it lol, more gym equiment would be great i had to wait for machines. Tiles around pool could use a upgrade.

Comfy room nice decor kids love the pool

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was so friendly. Went abpve and beyond to make sure we were happy. The kids both received a gift bag with a ton of goodies in them! The pool was a hit with the kids as well! The buffet was amazing! We are definitively going back nexr year!

room location was told check in time was at 1pm and when I got there I was made till wait till 3pm

bed was awesome room was good coffee machine worked well wifi was free