Reviews of Pacific Gateway Hotel at Vancouver Airport 4 stars

3500 Cessna Drive, V7B 1C7 Richmond, Canada

#4 of 24 hotels in Richmond

• Deluxe Queen Room

Being disturbed by other guests before going to bed and then at 4am. There are no signs up to mind guests that people do like to sleep. The room was looking tired and needed redecorating. The furniture is looking in need of replacing.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Water View

The rooms could use an update, particularly the washrooms.

This is a good hotel with helpful staff and reasonably good food and drink facilities. It’s very convenient from YVR with a frequent, free shuttle service.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

The decor was old and not especially clean; there was a large gap under the door to the hallway, which let in noise (adding to the noise from outside). You have to pay for an open parking lot that should have been free. It is notably more expensive than nearby hotels. Never again.

Beds were fine and the location is very good.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

This property is just so-so. The location is good because of its proximity to YVR, but there is nothing to do within walking distance. The only restaurant nearby was closed for extended renovations.

• Deluxe Queen Room

We were disappointed that the restaurant Pier 73 was closed due to renovations. We have always looked forward to eating there. There is a bar but no other restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Room was very clean and well equipped. Check in and check out were fast and efficient. Great having the shuttle bus from and to the airport!

• Deluxe Queen Room

Everything in the room which they put, I felt old. Dark lights doesn’t feel comfortable as well. Especially, Vancouver has lots of rainy day so sun doesn’t come to the room.

Staff was very friendly.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

The hotel and the rooms are old and dated. Sadly this hotel is in decline compared with many others in the area. Food at the restaurant is unimaginative - seemingly frozen and then heated when ordered!

Close location to the airport

• Deluxe Queen Room

I lost my watch there and the stuff didn’t make any effort on my case. They just said they didn’t find it. I called a couple times but the attitude were all lacking of patience

The airport shuttle 机场大巴

• Deluxe Queen Room

Out of my expectation. It looks much older after some years later and my room is not clean enough. I can found hair in bathroom.

Staffs are friendly and helpful especially the doormen.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The convenience store in the lobby was very overpriced ($8 for a bag of popcorn!). The staff at the front desk at arrival were off hand to the point of almost being rude.

The room was clean and the bed comfortable. It's great that there is a free shuttle bus to the airport.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel is only 4 minutes by shuttle from the airport. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Delicious breakfast and complementary smoothie in sunny breakfast room. We enjoyed a short riverside walk before leaving for the airport.

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

Drafty cold rooms. No room service. Had to pay to park outside and for pet. Considering not at airport I would always stay at airport hotel for convenience. When I explained to front desk clerk that I would never have stayed there if we had to pay to park she said she checked the site and I was wrong.

Nice view

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

The staff could not be more friendly -from the older gentleman in the restaurant to the team that does the shuttle --so helpful!! Was able to walk to the outlet mall..great directions -time to shop before next plane!

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

There's nothing to complain. All the facilities are bit old like bath tubs and room furnitures but its good value for the price.

All the staffs on the property were super friendly and helpful. Close to the airport and beautiful surrounding. I recommend this hotel.

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

We were woken by members of a tour group that "got lost" and mistook the 9th floor for the 6th floor. Duty manager apologised on the tours behalf and provided some compensation but could not affect the room charge which was an advance rate through Booking.com. Also the restaurant is via an outside route and it was very cold.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Nice hotel with great accessibility to and from the airport. The facilities are modern and both the hotel and restaurant offer a value added experience.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

Too bad parking has become more expensive at the hotel.

LOVE Pier 73 Restaurant and go down early to experience it usually. This time did not disappoint as it was over Thanksgiving weekend and I had a lovely meal.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

Ask for a room not facing the busy highway.

The concierge was extremely helpful, looking after my rental car as I checked in. Very friendly. Also the staff in the bar and restaurant were great.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Pier 29 has a wonderful setting, but healthier options would be welcome. Too many deep fried items on the menu.

the room was very comfortable with lovely views over the river, immaculate bathroom, and the proximity to the airport

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

I had the worst dining experience at pier restaurant I've ever had. Staff are rude, obnoxious, aggressive, inexperienced, no people skills completely unaware of customer needs, insulting and immature.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

Staff, Room, (I thought a cockroach would come out) i don't know if the Pier Restaurant belongs to them but thats another story, however i don't recommend it.

Poor services e.g. No room service, no filtered water - ok in cheap motel but not for $300 a night Food arrangement awkward - have to collect food yourself from an outside restaurant,very limited menu Food was awful - 3 out of 4 things inedible and refunded

Close to airport Hotel Shuttle very good and on time

Best hotel bed ever! Just the right amount of softness. Generous sized, very comfortable pillows. Airport shuttle was so convenient. We were able to store our luggage at the hotel while we explored Vancouver. Very close to the skytrain that goes directly into the city. Tickets can be purchased from the hotel gift shop.

The extra charge on leave of luggage for over 3 days. The commanding manner of staff at the front desk for verifying details of booking during check in.

Cleanliness and the comfortable bed. The free shuttle bus service.

Our evening meal at Pier 73 (?) was overpriced, overcooked, and poor. Given the lovely waterfront setting, that was a disappointment. We were also a bit overwhelmed by the Canadian habit of having servers introduce themselves to us and a times, be a bit overly jolly. We appreciate friendliness but there are times when we just really want to eat.

Had a great night's sleep and the shuttle to/from the airport was quick and easy. Breakfast looked as though it would have been good but service was so slow we had to leave without ordering, or risk being late to the airport.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

complementary coffee in the lobby before 6 am for guests leaving for the airport.

shuttle service was the best I have seen. New limousine bus with service on time every 20 minutes.

Everything is spot on.

This was our 3rd stay at The Pacific Gateway. Staff are superb, nothing is too much trouble. Shuttle bus to and from the airport is excellent. I will stay here again at every opportunity.

• Deluxe Queen Room

A/C was not making our room cool enough.... we like it cool, being that were from Hawaii :)

Bed was nice and big, bathroom clean, place was nice and quiet

The hall carpet was slightly worn.

The bed was very comfortable. The staff was particularly friendly and helpful. I didn't answer the wake-up call the first time, so they called back.

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

Very overpriced. Worse accommodation of our trip and most expensive- twice as expensive as most of our other accommodation. Breakfast was not even included and it was the only accommodation that we had to queue and wait to check in and check out. The room was very small and the view of the Fraser river was grimly and nothing to write home about . Taxes and charges increased the bill by 25%.

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

The hotel is very close to the airport, and their free shuttle is great! The bed is ultra-comfy, perfect for the first night after a long haul flight. The metro connection to downtown is at 20 min walking distance, very accessible - we say downtown Vancouver with ease.

• Club King Room

Pleasantly surprised. Met at hotel registration at one in the morning with cherry clerk, signed by staff anniversary card for my husband and self and box of chocolates. Everything, on our very brief stay (7 hours) was first class! Will definitely recommend as one of the better airport accommodations in a large metropolitan area!

• Club King Room

Considering the high prices for breakfast, tea and coffee should be included! Not everyone wants the can$25 buffet! Also, the area is terrible for people who want to walk. Going to other local restaurants by foot is a nightmare!

Enormous comfi bed. Reception staff super nice, helpful and patient. We loved jumping in the frequent shuttles and then catching the sky train. It was so easy to get to Vancouver! It was great to be able to check out late and relax at the pool before taking our flight.

• Deluxe Double Room with Water View

The additional taxes added on when we upgraded our room.

Perfect location for the last two nights of our stay. With a car was able to explore different parts of Vancouver & further a field. Kids loved playing in the pool. Complimentary shuttle bus definitely worthwhile on our last morning. Good places to eat if you didn't want to drive anywhere (hotel prices, be warned). Hotel staff very friendly. Arrived at hotel was able to upgrade our room.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Water View

The espresso coffee maker in the room was not my favourite. I just wanted a pot of regular coffee when I woke up. Also, our room was closest to the elevator and you could hear people coming and going.

I liked it was fast and easy to get to the hotel with their shuttle. You can walk to the outlet mall from the hotel too. We ordered off the menu in the restaurant downstairs (in the hotel). The breakfasts we ordered were ample, delicious and reasonably priced. They have a coffee/snack bar downstairs and although I didn't try it this trip I thought that it would have been very handy to just grab something.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

5pm shuttle to the outlet mall never turned up. Although we booked to be on the shuttle we were told after 5pm that it was not coming until 5.30. We could have walked there in the time they kept us waiting. If its on the printed schedule it should happen! Poor breakfast choices. Expensive buffet is not what everyone wants. The coffee shop had limited options and only opened at 9am.

Comfortable beds.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

My friend called in to get the shuttle to come to the airport to pick us up, and the person who answered the phone was abrupt and not helpful.

The bed was very comfortable and the room VERY nice.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast. Wasn't hot and was not value for money. Room was very overpriced and not good value.

Close to shops but either a 10 min walk or could be taken by their shuttle to shopping outlet. But if walking be careful of tide on walkway as comes over walkway path. Free shuttle to airport. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

Bathtub didn't drain well. Had about an inch of water in the tub by the time I finished my 10 minute shower. Reported it to the front desk so hopefully it'll be fixed for the next guest. Couldn't find room service when I first arrived. Looked everywhere in the room for info and couldn't find anything. Turns out it's on the tv which I didn't turn on. Breakfast buffet was expensive. Somehow I walked in without seeing any staff so I sat myself and had the buffet. Didn't realize I could order non-buffet stuff which probably would have saved me some money as I wasn't planning on eating a lot that morning. Definitely didn't eat $25 worth of breakfast. I think it was just a perfect fluke that I happened to miss all the staff an no that the staff was necessarily negligent in any way that I didn't know about my breakfast options. Anyways, it was a little pricier than I was hoping to pay and overall it was ok but I found it a bit a touch expensive for the overall what I got and how I felt about my stay but the location worked for what I needed.

Comfy pillows. Generally clean. Friendly front desk staff. Handy that there were Car2Gos in the parking lot.

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

Where do I begin it was dirty pillows stunk so bad I took them down to be smelt by staff then there was so much dust and dirt then they tried to blame us for a broken tv horrible experience.

Night staff wasn't polite, expensive for what was offered. Room was poorly cleaned, they used a flat sheet instead of fitted sheet and bed was not made nicely

The patio and restraint were nice

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

not very close for transportation to Horseshoe Bay but a nice cab ride across the city but ideal for airport and Victoria Vancouver Island also float planes .

The fact it was so handy to the airport it's a great place to start or finish your holiday good facilities and very good restaurant we had superb views fro the 8th floor of the water .

• Deluxe Queen Room

Excellent restaurant attached, the Pier 73. All staff very courteous and helpful, especially the concierge. We had a 6:00 a.m. flight and the location was 6 minutes away via the free hotel shuttle, but the airport noise was minimal.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

Nothing nearby, restaurant at hotel especially. Pier73 not good and pricy. For example, I ordered a clam chowder and there's no clam in it. Have to complain, then they add clams. Won't recommend that restaurant.

Airport shuttle, and free shuttle to outlet mall.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

Nothing, will definitely recommend and stay again

We didn't have the breakfast , but the restaurant food was amazing. All the staff was efficient and friendly

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

The breakfast was expensive and very, very average. I was very surprised that parking was not included, there was no mention of this. The rooms were small and the window to the outside was completely stained with a foggy mess. It was not fog, but you could not see outside. Unbelievably expensive for a below average hotel with below average food. We were very very disappointed.

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

The HVAC system was truly anemic, I had to turn it down to 62 F to keep any air circulation going, the temp never did drop that low. The wear visible in hallways and room carpeting and the fact that this hotel seems to have changed names more than once in the last few years tells me the owners know almost no-one comes to this hotel to stay more than a night or two.

Perfect location from which to get to the airport at 5:00 am. Make sure you don't have to compete for shuttle seats with a tour group! Bathroom, toiletries and towels were very nice and mattress had the right semi-firmness.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Spacious and comfortable room, excellent hotel facilities, great location and courteous, efficient staff. Great bar and restaurant, excellent buffet breakfast.

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

Lots of construction in the area which has caused a paucity of restaurants. Highly concentrated Asian population results in many Asian establishments with indecipherable signage.

Price could be lower.

Very comfortable beds. Robes provided with room. Great view of marina and Richmond night market. Delicious Asian food near hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Water View

Stopped here prior to flying out the next day. Rooms were comfortable and very quiet. The excellent shuttle service to and from the airport meant we were able to drop our hire car back to the airport and return to the hotel to wait for our flight rather than wait at the airport. Also was able to catch shuttle to McArthurGlen Designer Outlet shops for some last minute shopping.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

If you need a hotel near the airport and don't need to go to Vancouver city center, this hotel is very well located. Taxi to Vancouver city center will cost about 30 CAD (one way)

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Booking direct with the hotel gives you perks like cheaper parking.

Comfortable room; convenient for Vancouver airport (with a car). On-site parking ($19 CAN). Great for the airport, but not so good for downtown.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

room is super dusty, all the surfaces are covered with thick dust. Didn't sleep well because I can hear every single tiny noise from the rooms beside us. Also room does not look like the picture posted at all, our room is really dark and outdated. Overall I won't come back again.

Pet Friendly

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Great hotel right by the airport. Excellent facilities. Staff friendly and helpful. We've stayed in numerous hotels near the airport and this is by far the cleanest, highest quality one. We now only book the Pacific Gateway.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

other than waiters at breakfast, staff seemed not to be interested in guests. Avoid buying a restaurant credit when offered on-line, as you have to argue to get them to apply it to the final bill at check-out.

Location and view of harbour. Staff at breakfast were friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

The facilities were very old, and the furniture was worn-out. It can't match the money you paid. what's wrose, air conditioner was very poor and made the room quite dry and uncomfortable. pillows were very uncomfortable as well. My kid was sick on the next day after we left. Extreme awful experience

Wifi was good

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

It would be preferable to some people to have regular coffee makers in the room. Espresso coffee is very strong to those who do not drink it.

The room was clean and quite.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Considering the price of the hotel room, the condition of some of the furniture was poor e.g. Worn out fabric on seat cover. No restaurants or shops in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

Friendly staff. Convenient location near airport. Comfortable room. Able to make short walk along the river with good views and some wildlife.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

The room was too small to move whith weel chire. The price was too much for this room. The shawer was no good ,water was coming to the flower and outside the shawer. Some one set the alarm on 5:30 AM to waked us up.You must checked the alarm when making the bed!

Conbinion to go to the airport.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Hotel felt old with marked and scuffed baseboards and window trim. The bathroom was dated. I did expect a nicer hotel.

Beautiful view of the city from the 10th floor.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

no soap or toiletries in room... Bathroom mirror not user friendly...it is early Dec. hotel lounge not staffed...

Food at restaurant and server were good...shuttle driver gave good service...early morning coffee shop staff warm and friendly

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

As an airport stop-over hotel, this property is pretty good. The hotel provides an airport shuttle, offers a late night bar and restaurant, decent wi-fi and you can get a quality breakfast with excellent coffee. All told Pacific Gateway if pretty good value. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Perfection from staff to booking in to checking out. There was a power cut because of a storm, staff could not do enough for you. When power restored there was cooked food an hour later, excellent.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

Great hotel close to the airport before or after a flight. Extremely comfortable clean rooms with beautiful views out over the water. Dinner at the lovely restaurant with its stunning water views was delicious.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

Conveniently located with a free shuttle service to and from the airport. You can purchase day travel passes (sky rail, sea bus and bus) from the shop inside the hotel. They have a flight book in machine. Staff were super helpful

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

The location was very inconvenient! The skytrain station was less than 400m away, but was very challenging and confusing to get too. Would a have been easier to cab the 400m then walk. I wouldn't stay here again. I thought that being that close to the airport/ the skytrain would be easy but in reailty to you have to cab/shuttle to both of them. Driving there was a confusing and annoying!

Comfortable Beds! Nice on site resturant. Let us extend our stay til 7pm, for $70 dollars

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Water View

I thought the price was a bit high for the age of the hotel and being an airport hotel. The food at Pier 73 was just regular, but I am not sure if this is managed by the hotel.

Location to airport, 24 hour airport shuttle.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Far too expensive, corporate, no room service, not easy to get downtown, won't stay again, staff weren't so friendly, waste of money.

Close to airport

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The sounds from jets landing is quite loud at this location. The Fairmont right at YVR is quieter. Guests allow their doors to slam early in the morning. The rooms do not have soft closing doors.

The room temperature was good when the a/c was running, but once it reached the desired temperature and shut off, the room quickly became stifling hot.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

While the staff are pleasant enough, I left with the feeling that they were trying to squeeze every penny from me that was possible. We ate at the Pier 73 restaurant, despite having a reservation and observing many empty tables, we ended up waiting 30 minutes to be seated. After placing our order we waited an hour to get our food, we were not offered desert or a coffee, apparently it was too late to continue service. The waitress was happy to point out which yatch in the harbour belonged to the hotel owner (he didn't offer us a ride either). When I paid for breakfast the next morning, the hostess was keen to check how much of a tip I was leaving. Nice hotel and good location, just be prepared to pay for everything and anything. Hotel tax on air next year!

Location and shuttle service

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Water View

The jug to fill the coffee maker was pretty scuzzy, used a glass instead. Showed a photo to staff at checkout who said they would notify housekeeping.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

The cost ... it seems crazy to pay close to $400 for simply sleeping overnight so that we could be close to the airport. We recognize this is Vancouver, but it still stings!

Bed was awesome, location was good because we had to be at airport early the following morning.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Deluxe Two Double Beds

The decor in the rooms is generally gloomy & rather depressing. The bathroom is rather badly planned for its size. There is no fridge/mini bar or safe in the room & irritatingly despite booking a room for 3, mugs glasses etc only came for 2 & only one sachet of caffeinated coffee!

The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Club King Room

Too many smokers near the front entrance of the hotel and it lingers in to the Lobby and elevators.

The hotel was full that night and I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite. I believe this was largely due to being a Genius member with Bookings.com. It was located near the airport and we never heard any noise from jets taking off or landing. It was a very comfortable stay.