Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites 4 stars

550 West Hastings Street, V6B 1L6 Vancouver, Canada

#30 of 81 hotels in Vancouver

We had a very nice time in Vancouver. Our hotel stay made it easier.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Few variety of restaurants within walking distance.

The property was clean. The restaurant on the 2nd flr, the breakfast was good for the money. Very close to attractions with a car or taxi.

Great stay over all. We’ll come back again!
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

A little confusion as far as the parking instructions. The parking staff entrance was not helpful at all. We thought we just have to give him the parking card given to us when we checked in but he instructed us to get a parking ticket to get in.

The room is spacious for four people, clean and great location!

I had a really good time and felt welcomed. I arrived at 8am and just asked ghe

Nothing. My stay was perfect

The Staff was really nice they went above and beyond my expectations. Always went out of their way to meet my needs. The room was spacious and very clean. Very close to transportation. Accesible to shopping and Canada Place and Gas Town are like 8 mins walk

Restless two night stay
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Very noisy!!! Early morning I could hear noice from outside housekeepers vacuuming, the neighbors talking, opening and shutting there doors repeatedly all day and in the middle of the night. The room I was in needs sound proofing, there is space between door and the hinges probably from building shifting. $500 for two nights I expect atleast good sleep.

Beds were comfortable and walk in shower was nice. Night audit who check me in and out was very professional. Bartender (Joel?) from London was very nice and accommodating.

It had everything we needed and nothing we didn't.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

From the free wi-fi to the water bottles refilled daily to multiple plugins for our various electronic devices, this hotel had what we needed. Location was great as well and the staff was excellent.

Staff was very friendly!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Staff was very friendly! The four of us, and our puppy, felt welcome. The location is another plus, the neighborhood was full of great coffee and restaurants.

Would stay here again if there was another sale on the rooms.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Living area with pull-out sofa was very tight, we couldn’t open the fridge if the bed was pulled out.

Location was convenient for the sight seeing we had planned.

Nice, clean pleasant stay with comfortable bed but small for a "suite."
    • Deluxe King Suite with City View

We booked a "suite" with a king size bed, but "suite" is kind of stretching the meaning. It was very small. Just because there is a partition in the middle does not mean this is a suite. The sitting room portion of the hotel room was too small. Would have also appreciated more space at the foot of the bed.

Because this property was recently renovated, it was clean and modern. Also, having filtered water on our floor was a plus.

Great really enjoyed it
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Coffee facilities in room, lack of news papers/not dependable, soaps and bottled water not refreshed, curtesy umbrellas could have been bigger, not much good. Bar area could be more cosy better quality.

Staff, rooms, bed comfort, location

Not the best experience
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

There were several rooms near us that were having parties in their rooms. Very loud and the value was not in the price of the property. Bed was uncomfortable. I have always had great experience at Marriott properties so was surprised.

Location was great and staff friendly.

Mean receptionist
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

The woman who checked me in, Jennifer I believe, was extremely rude. My name wasn't under the booking for some reason. It took nearly 20 minutes for her to call the woman who is in charge of reservations. The woman over phone was polite and figured out that the name was under my friend's name (whom I added to the "other guests" section online) instead of mine. After hanging up the phone, Jennifer rudely said to me "this is why I ASKED YOU if there were any other names" - even though I gave her my friends name earlier, and even spelled it out. During this whole process she was sighing loudly and refusing to look at me. I felt very disrespected and embarrassed in front of the other guests. I wont be coming back because of her.

The beds were really nice and I enjoyed how modern the bathroom was. Very clean. The doorman was very friendly.

Gastown hotel geared towards business travelers
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Doors could use more noise buffering. You could hear people in the hallways clearly.

Great location that’s super close to Fastown and the Washington Station. Netflix on large wall mounted HD TVs in room and living area. Spacious bathrooms with high end accents.

Would stay again as good hotel in a good spot.
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Only one bathroom and one tap. Difficult for family of four. Funny design of apartment... narrow hallways. No one helped us up stairs with our luggage on arrival at night. Was a struggle to get up stairs. Breakfast choices not so great.

The location was great... close to transport and Gastown. Staff were helpful. Liked free fruit in lobby, and there was spiced cider one night!

Great comfy place to stay and close to everything fun in Vancouver.
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

I didn't like the coffee or tea supplied but there is a Starbucks across the road and a cute coffee shop further down the road.

Location - near a good coffee shop,a great Japanese restaurant and near Gas town which has loads of nice placed to eat and drink. The beds were incredibly comfy.

close to Waterfront station and Gas town.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Long way to walk to Robson street. Hard to find the entrance at first.

close to Waterfront station and Gas town. Modern and simple interior. quiet environment.

The beds were fabulous and staff extremely friendly and...
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Would have been nice to have a view - but it was fine anyway.

The beds were fabulous and staff extremely friendly and helpful. Perfect location for shopping, sightseeing and restaurants.

The room was perfect and the hotel was located in a great...
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

The room was perfect and the hotel was located in a great place. Close to the waterfront and nearby with a bunch of great restros. I would love to come back for future stay.

Stay was ok, definitely too high a price for what was provided
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Room had not been restocked, had to ask for tissues and teabags, coffee pod machine but no pods, only 2 disposable cups when the room was booked for 4. stuck in an elevator, that another guest later told us had already been reported, but signage only placed on ground floor.

Comfy beds, early check in

Staff was very helpful especially Krista and Henry!
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Staff was very helpful especially Krista and Henry! They provided awesome places to eat and their customer service was A+. Location was awesome also right near th waterfront station. Places are walking distance

Downtown Vancouver
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Dining options limited and bit expensive

Great staff, so friendly and helpful. Good location for downtown and Gastown and access to buses for everything else. Comfy beds and good sized rooms

The hotel was quiet, clean, and comfortable, and the staff...
    • Urban King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

I am a Marriott Rewards member, and I didn't know that if you book a Marriott Hotel through a third party (i.e. booking.com) you don't receive any points for your stay. Therefore, although my experience with booking.com was positive, in the future, I plan to book any Marriott Hotel stays directly through the hotel.

The hotel was quiet, clean, and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. It also had a great location, near a lot of public transportation, great restaurants and shops. .

perfect location

all good

great location within 2 blocks of gas town and about a 15-20 minute walk to the water taxis to Granville island and man other stops. the room was very clean, comfortable, functional and is very close to the cruise port we walked to the port within 15 minutes.

The room service was terrific!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

The room service was terrific! They even brought me tea with honey, as I had a raging head cold. Excellent staff, attentive & helpful. They really made me feel at home. Hotel is immaculate, towels are fluffy, rooms are well thought out & well appointed. Will definitely be staying at the Delta again!

Very good choice in terms of money value!!
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Vancouvar is a city which is declining, you could see homeless people quite often in downtown, by the entrance of the hotel you could smell unpleasant air made by homeless people.

The best location, very very close to the habour the train station the gas town and the city center. Very spacious rooms, in fact all rooms are newly furnished. We had a upgrade while checked in, a lovely surprise.

Free chocolate chip cookies and water upon arrival.
    • Urban King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Free chocolate chip cookies and water upon arrival. The bed was super comfortable. We had a room with a city view. The room was newly renovated and beautiful.

I expanded my stay for one more afternoon till 6pm with an...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

I expanded my stay for one more afternoon till 6pm with an extra fee. The house keeping lady kept shutting the neighbored door so loudly I think maybe during the whole afternoon while I'm trying to get some sleep for the jet lag. And more than that, she rang my door at about 5PM! Just waked me up during my sleep! These are not something you would be expected when you pay 199 for a expanded stay for 5 hours!

Hotels in Vancouver are expensive, their price for this hotel back home would be a 5 star resort.

Noise at street.

We didn't eat at the hotel. They gave us cookies upon arrival, remodeled room was beautiful. A little noisey by the street but cool buildings to see down town. Staff were all very nice. Bed was good too.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Room and front of house staff excellent and very easy to access downtown Vancouver
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Had a meal in the bar and breakfast next day, ordered a starter and main course, they forgot the starter! At breakfast ordered cereals and crossiants, forgot the cereals and had to remind them, obviously can't remember more than one item at a time!

Just been refurbished, room had all that we required and very clean and fresh.

One night post-cruise stay
    • Queen Suite

Better toiletries and bigger bath towels

Newly refurbished rooms. Comfy bed and pillows. Very helpful check-in lady, great enthusiasm for her city and super efficient. Two big TV's. Free water. Close to Canada Place and Gastown and to the shops in Robson Street. Would love to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Enjoyable stay
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Sheets didn't fit bed like your place in Whistler so got all tangled during the night. Paper cups and no spoons, Coffee terrible.

Suites were good, reception staff very good and helpful. Beds and pillows very good.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Friendly Staff.
    • Queen Suite

For expensive hotel supplying paper throwaway cups for coffee is poor. Cups tainted coffee. Shampoo bottles very difficult to get anything out of as you need very strong fingers to squeeze bottle. Room service has a $4 charge. Poor.

Friendly Staff. Renovations done at reasonable hours. Good location downtown, close to station and shopping.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

I will come back

Nothing all perfect

Alison was so nice when we checked in, tired and exhausted from our 14 hour flight, she upgraded us and made us laugh and even gavé us cookies Also Brendan in the bar needs a special mention, so friendly!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Convenient location for Gastown and Waterfront transit hub.
    • Queen Suite

Upholstery and carpets are getting a bit worn.

The room had separate bedroom and sitting areas so my partner could sleep in while I read. The staff was always friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

location was excellent , walk able to waterfront , gas town...
    • Queen Suite

Restaurant and bar were very expensive , I would suggest lowering your prices to attract higher volume of clientele.

location was excellent , walk able to waterfront , gas town etc

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Amazing!
    • Queen Suite

Just the signage for the entrance.

Check in staff far exceeded our expectations. She deserves a raise! Lol. Amazing hotel. Made our night :) Awesome location but finding the entrance and signage was our only complaint. Otherwise it was perfect. Uograded to corner room and it was so worth it!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Price is too high for what you receive
    • Queen Suite

Signature lounge breakfast was sub par. Overcooked sausages, bacon and eggs - baked goods were of poor quality and stale. The cost for the room is simply too high for what you receive. It was an adequate room - but only adequate. Decor needs updating. Very warm at night and too noisy to open windows. Had temp as cold as it would go but it wasn`t effective. Sheets felt like cardboard. Stayed here before but the price of the room and your amenities are too high for what you actually receive.

The location and staff were great.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

We booked this hotel on a recommendaton from our travel...
    • Queen Suite

We booked this hotel on a recommendaton from our travel agent. Location was great for walking around Vancouver. We came off a cruise at 8:00 a.m. and one of our party was ill. We were able to get into the room immediately and they even brought us honey tea. Very thoughtful and unexpected. I would recommend Delta Vancouver Suites highly.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Very helpful staff;
    • Queen Suite

Bed was a little too firm; front desk called twice and woke us up to see if we liked the room!

Very helpful staff; walking distance downtown to major attractions; clean rooms

Wonderful

Food

Well-located hotel with beautiful view from the room
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

The restaurant/bar could be improved. It’s pricey but everything is pricy in Canada.

THE VIEW FROM THE ROOM!!

Nice location
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Nice location. near water front station

Expensive
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

The pictures looked way more luxurious than actuality. For almost 500 a night it should be 5 star

Accessible

Staff was great!

Pricing was a bit high.

Staff was great! We ate in the restaurant on site for breakfast and it was very good!

location and service

location and service

Loved the location, friendly staff, and room.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

The lack of hotel shuttle from airport or included breakfast.

Loved the location, friendly staff, and room.

Great experience

Everything was great

Great room, great location, great staff.

It was very clean and modern. The setup is beautiful, the location and the service is amazing.

Nothing at all

Very comfortable!

Everything was great

All amenities and services were nearby

Room was spacious and clean.
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Facing roof of another building.

Room was spacious and clean.

My stay was excellent! Staff super amazing at every turn:)
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Better coffee in the room. Although the restaurant gave me a complimentary one, which was not expected so that was amazing!!!

It felt clean!

Excellent property

Bathroom layout- very inconvenient

The staff and location both receive high marks

very friendly staff

very friendly staff

We had a great time!
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Our view of the city was actually just a view of the back of one building

The room was beautiful and the staff were very kind and helpful

Very clean room, the hotel is surrounded with coffee shops and restaurants.
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

overall the staff in this hotel were very friendly, very helpful and welcoming

The check in was great easy and friendly.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

The check in was great easy and friendly. Will celebrate our next anniversary at your hotel in Vancouver

Great place to stay. Loved the location and the hotel
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Bathroom configuration was a little strange but functional

The staff were great. Bed was very comfortable. Room nicely appointed

One of the best hotels we’ve ever stayed at!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Amazing staff/service and luxury hotel for reasonable price.

Highly Recommended!!

Everything was perfect!

Modern and very clean!

Great place for the value

CENTRAL LOCATION

Our carpet in the bedroom was soaking wet

Our carpet in the bedroom was soaking wet

Room and location.

Room and location.

My stay was wonderful I will be back

The expensive drinks

My stay was great . The staff,the room,everything was awesome

I enjoyed my stay there I went to go party downtown so I didn’t have to transit home enjoyed my stay
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and Partial Water View

Can’t think of anything

The food was good and my room had a good view

Newly refurbished rooms.

Newly refurbished rooms. Excellent bathroom

Clean and decor

Clean and decor

Relaxing
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed and City View

Wifi was not the best and parking rates were way too high.

The suite is spacious and comfortable

Fabulous
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Lifts are a little slow

The staff are exceptional

Fabulous place to stay!
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

Dining had limited vegetarian options.

Beds were amazing- so comfortable! Excellent central location and staff were very helpful.

Great locations with beautiful rooms looking down upon the city
    • Deluxe King Suite with City View

Henry at the reception is a very kind person who will go out of your way to meet your needs. Thank you Henry!

Breakfast was great!

Breakfast was great!

beautiful location. near everything and great food in walking distance.

sheets were crinkly.

the beds were very comfortable.

amazing

no pool

the staff was amazing - no fee upgrade !!! very helpful and friendly staff.

It was a wonderful experience staying at the Delta in Vancouver.

Location, room quality

Great place to stay in Vancouver.
    • Queen Suite with 2 Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - City View

The drain in our shower/bath seems a little bit clogged.

Close to everything. Really clean rooms. Wonderful staff.

Amazing hotel; my go-to location for the next trip to Vancouver.
    • Deluxe King Suite with City View

Amazing view overlooking the city; 5 minute walk from the train station.