Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Toronto East Lakeview 3 stars

2151 Kingston Road, Scarborough, M1N 1T5 Toronto, Canada

#113 of 133 hotels in Toronto

6.1

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Filthy air filters looked like they hadn’t been cleaned in years, carpeting and curtains were old and had mild odor. Bed was well used, but reasonably comfortable. Sink faucet leaked stream of water. Maintenance of the facility seems to be very low on management’s priority list. You get the feeling it’s it’s a tired older facility they’re not reinvesting in.

To make a reservation was almost impossible. For some idiot strange reason, no one person will reserve you a room unless you book online. Had to find a Tim Horton to get wifi then book. Not everyone has data on hand. Crazy system to book. I even called Caa to help me out and after an hour on the phone Caa basically told me they could not help me reserve a room.

Some hallways smelled like cigarettes, could be a little cleaner/fixed up, wifi was kind of inconsistent, can't really view the lake all that well

Location was quiet and just a short drive away from downtown, rooms were of good size and felt comfortable, breakfast was basic but sufficient (waffle machine, bagels, fruit, etc.)

The fact that the hotel needs to have a copy of your credit card, this will be the only reason if I do not return back to his hotel.

The beds were great as well as the breakfast

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It was an older hotel. Could use some updates but all in all it was comfortable and clean and homey

The staff was friendly and willing to help. The location was great for what we needed.

This location requires renovation. The walls and carpeting are showing age. When entering there is strong antiseptic smell as if odors were being covered up. The reception was not very friendly. Regardless of the price I would have chosen a different place to stay.

Convenient location to the venue we were attending.

First room smelled like someone was smoking a cigarette in the bathroom. Second room the deadbolt didn’t work and the bathroom floor was sticky. Third room had mould all over the walls and and tub in the bathroom, little black hairs all over the sheets of one bed, long hair on one pillow, dirty bathroom fan, water poured out of the fridge when opened hair on the sink in the bathroom and the list goes on. Dirty hotel

Smelt like cigarettes and Mary Jane all through the building. Anybody can come in and eat the free breakfast (not just hotel guests).

Price was right but you get what you pay for! Short stays for appointments and such are ok.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

only two pillows and they were hard, both husband and i had sore necks the next day.

Only two pillows and they were very hard. Both had a sore neck the next day.

Unclean bathroom, bed very uncomfortable, hotel smells, looks very old fashion for Toronto

Nothing very dirty, old, out of date. Very disappointed. lady at the front desk very rude and not very helpful. Will never go back. The room very old, bathroom dirty rust every where, bad bad hotel.. advise people pay little bit more and stay else where..

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the staff member at the front desk was rude and not listening to what I was saying. Room looked clean but my boyfriend found some beads on the floor next to the bed (assuming from a guest before us). NOT good

The only thing that could have been better was maybe the temp in the room, for some reason it got really hot in the room. I wasn't sure how to regulate the heater. The breakfast looked adequate. I thought breakfast was from 6am-11am , but staff began packing up breakfast around 9:45 am.

This is a Days Inn, a chain hotel so I appreciate the value of the hotel for our purposes which was to spend New Year's in Toronto. The hotel was located in Scarborough just outside of the Woodbine neighborhood. I liked the location because it allowed us to try a local Thai restaurant "Jatajuk". The staff was friendly and courteous and the room was clean. It is great value for the price AND this hotel actually had a mini fridge and microwave unlike The Chelsea hotel that I stayed at in November. Great location. Great value for the money.

I have an electric car and was allowed to use their outside plug to charge it. Breakfast was included and the hotel was very quiet. Had a good stay.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were greeted by a very friendly and accommodating staff person who did all he could answer all our questions and let us know about the services at the Inn.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Let's see there was no direct route to the hotel from the street. The WiFi was not secured. The bed and chairs were too stiff. No one disabled the alarm in the room so I was awaken at midnight.

The price

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Smelt like smoke and the vent in the washroom was disgusting, needed to be cleaned. The mirror had decorative duck tape on the bottom.

Hotel staff was nice.

Distance to our event was further than listed online. Due to road configurations, really not safe to walk anywhere re:dinner

on site parking, staff were very friendly and helpful.

When I booked this hotel, the price was shown as 84.15; however I found the transaction on my credit card was actually 95.09. I did not order additional services and had checked out on time. Don't know why this happened. Unacceptable.

The location was near my next destination

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

I got a terrible case of bed bug bites from staying here, at least 15 large bites scattered all over my body, very uncomfortable. Itching, swelling, inflammation, I had to visit an urgent care clinic the day after staying here because of the extremity of it. Terribly unclean place! Smells heavily of cigarette smoke in the halls as well.

Check in didn't take too long, parking was very easy and the location is an easy drive into and out of downtown Toronto.

The first room we got smelled like marijuana and the air conditioning/ fan didn't work. We had to request to be moved.

The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was quiet. Staff was helpful

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The motel looks old and smells horrible! Like they are trying to cover over a bad odor. There we’re so many flies in our room and the sheets had small blood stains on them! We got new sheets and had to change them ourselves. Oh the vending machine charged my card twice and the manager was very rude. Please don’t stay here!!!!

Nothing at all!

I had lots of problem on my room. 1. Door: the door locking gadget is not matched each other so I was always struggling with opening the door. 2. noise of restroom: that is actually the noise of fan. if the rest room door is opened, it's noisy but acceptable. once you close the door and take a bath in the bath tub, it's gonna kill your mental. 3. Buzz clock was broken 4. gadget in toilet was broken so once you flush, they will make water filling sound forever. 5. I had a rent car so I didn't mind even if this is far from transportation stops. BUT, If you come here, you will see how inconvenient even by a car. I asked staffs to change my room but they ignored because they thought it's not so serious one. This Inn was over $100/day but It's way worse than Econo Inn where I stayed with $60/day.

* Breakfast was better than usual one. they have ham and hard-boiled egg on breakfast * Comfortable bed * Clean suite

Checking in was easy and convenient, they were nice enough to accommodate on a first floor room because I was by myself. Breakfast was a little disappointing but still left full, the man at the front desk was nice enough to make waffles for me. It was a little too far out of the city but still manageable.

Very upset with everything . This hotel is very dirty!! The people in the front desk is very rude and they don't assist you and help you with anything . They barely look at your face when you talking to them. My husband was bite for a spider and had a big bump in the arm and we have to go to the doctor in the middle of our vacation! The hotel didn't want to take care about it . They have spiders in the room and bathroom! i don't recomend anybody to book this hotel

Nothing good to say about this hotel !!

The location was a bonus for my needs. Staff were friendly and the hotel was clean, The hotel has a weird entrance that you can only enter going east on Kingston Rd. The bathroom sink was slow to drain but if no one told the management they wouldn't know .They dropped the morning scrambled eggs which would dry out and turn rubbery and replaced them with hard boiled eggs...a good idea. I would recommend this hotel

I booked a 2 queen non smoking and was given a king. Kind of funny, I wondered if the desk guy didn't think we would notice. When I went back to the desk and told him I specifically reserved a 2 queen he said they didn't have a room until the next day.

the breakfast, frig and microwave in the room

The air conditioning leaked inside and this made the carpet wet and the room smelled musty...

The man at the desk..but the lady was like as friendly as an iceberg...

All was good except one night some people were arguing very loudly in another room in the middle of the night...terrible sleep, but it wasn't the fault of the Inn. We should have called the front desk to stop it.

The fact that some people, mostly female, appeared to be in pyjamas when going down to breakfast. There was a sign saying shirts and shoes must be worn and I think the dress code should include suitable attire.

Good choice of breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Neighborhood smelled of weed when you walked outside, black mold growing on silicone in bathroom and silicone was peeing up.

Room was clean and hotel was quiet.

We had no problems or complaints

It was good for the 3 of us as a base for exploring the area and and attending the Invictus Games. Did exactly what we wanted and was value for money

the room was dirty and out dated. the elevator barely closed properly the receptionist was non talkative , looked like she didnt want to be there. there was fruit flys all over my car when we where leaving there was garbage around the parking lot

Leaving

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom appeared to have mold all around the tub and some on the ceiling. The window faced a broken fence. It felt a little unsafe and not well kept in the back of the hotel.

The lobby was clean. The room and hotel, overall were clean. The free breakfast was okay.

• Queen Room - Smoking

No spare pillows Only 3 pillows in room for 2 people not enough. Our room key didn't work every time we needed to get back in the room we had to get a member of staff to let us in

Comfy bed Staff on last morning very helpful with printing boarding pssses

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Cold breakfast, very very poor service, absolutely no room service, couldn't even provide us with tea bags or normal microwavable plates!!

The room and it's jacuzzi was good.

Black mould in shower. Old coffee left in maker. Poor breakfast compared to Days Inn in Niagara and overall decor needs updating. Corridors smelt of wacky tobacco smoke and bedroom had stale smell with no opening windows. Not located in a very good district. Need to get bus and subway to downtown Toronto.

Bed was comfy. Linen and towels clean.

The breakfast was basic and the place to eat pretty small. When we check in, we haven't the ghod room (just 1 bed). But the staff changed it so all good ;)

The price was faire and the location is really nice :) Close enough ans space for parking!

The one staff was outrageous rude, yelled at the top of his lungs that my sister who loves in Toronto was inside the room with my niece. No visitor policy was not told to us, we checked out the next day. I couldn't bare to stay knowing how this man screamed at us. Love days inn, but not the staff at this location.

The location and price

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The place for breakfast is really small and the facilities are a bit out of date. And the Wifi is not strong enough.

Great breakfast, good price in summer vacation, and friendly staffs. And good location which is close to Scarborough and the bluff park.

Room smelled awful as we came in, dirty and like it had been humid for too long. Was going to make some coffee but the coffee machine was disgusting, so dirty I did not want to use at all.

The only thing I really liked about the hotel was how easy it was to get to from downtown Toronto.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The bathroom door was falling apart. We had to go down 2 floors to access the only ice machine.

That I was able to get a full refund for cancelling my second night.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

All. Terrible experience. Very bad installations. the pictures on the booking site do not reflect the real condition of the installations.

Nothing. The installation looks old, dirty and with lack of maintenance. It needs a good update. The breakfast is poor, which cold be the same than other similar hotels in Toronto, but the presentation and the breakfast area are horrible.

The AC didn't work very good the night staff was a rude when we checked in breakfast really sucked there was four of us and only enough towels for two

The beds were comfortable the morning clerk was friendly and helpful

The location. It is in Scarborough and pretty far from downtown and most of the stuff we wanted to see and do. Also there was nothing of interest around it (ie. within walking distance), no stores, shops, restaurants. The rooms weren't ready when we tried to check-in which was after 3 PM and we had to wait. The sink in one of our rooms was clogged. Though I appreciated that there was a hot breakfast available the food wasn't particularly good.

There was a hot breakfast. Also there was a microwave and fridge in the room and the coffee maker and TV both worked.

It was pretty out of the way (But I'm not from around there) & almost looked like it was in a lower class area of town, kinda dingy. But our room was very clean & comfy beds (for a hotel).

Free parking, Wi-Fi, & breakfast

You cannot open the windows , this makes me fear more if there f.e.would be fire, very long way to arrive at toronto center .....if you don t like to go there by car ....leave your car at victoria park ( = subway station) , just 3 min drive away , the whole afternoon until 2 at night for 2 dollars and then to the city by sub

Good breakfast included , very friendly guys at the reception, really clean , large and comfortable room

• Queen Room - Smoking

The Smoking bedrooms should not be available. Even though they are clean, it was not healthy to live and breathe in because the smoke odour is so strong. The free breakfast was poor in its selection and variety. The room you had breakfast in was the reception area and did not cater for the large amount of people from tourist buses that came in. So many disposable waste plates and cups were used - this does not assist with environmental sustainability.

The receptionist was so considerate, he gave us a non-Smoking room after I objected to the smoking room that was allocated to us. The room and bathroom was large, comfortable and clean. You have to walk up a slight hill to get to the shops.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

It smelled smoke a little.

The place was very comfortable, had air conditioning and it was cheap for what we got, really. Best hotel in Toronto price/value-wise.

Breakfast was terrible and served at the Hotel Lobby (directly at the lobby). The room was very damp and smelled bad. Also the bedding was dirty and didn't look very inviting. Window view on a back alley

Price, room was very big

The whole room was literally falling apart. Lights were out, sockets were falling out the wall, the bathroom had hair suck to the wall, the mirror was duct taped, the walls were peeling. There was also a prong broken off in the light socket.

The location was close to the venue that was the purpose of our trip. The beds were clean, we didn't see any issues with them, however the rest of the room did not feel clean.

The breakfast counter is way too small for the size of the hotel and one of the two toasters wasn't working, which created a huge lineup and some unhappy customers.

Good size rooms.

The room was extremely smelly. A half of a can of Glade made it livable. TV and phone didn't work. Had the front desk come and get things working. Breakfast was sub standard. We had stayed in a Days Inn in Niagara Falls in a beautiful jacuzzi room for ten dollars a night less than this hotel. Will not use this facility again.

Not much.

When we arrived there was not soap and towel in the bathroom to go out from the bathtub. We went to the reception they immediately appologize and provide the missing items. The staff is very kind. Breakfast might be improved and change the options. Unfortunately we missed a little bag with personal items in the reception, nothing important, and when we called to ask, they immediately confirmed that the little bag was there. We dont have the means to recover it because we live in Montreal but it is ok. Thank you very much. We appreciated the service from the staff.

Room had a bad odor they wouldn't change our room but gave us air freshener and had us leave our door open to vent it out. We hardly stayed in room due to the smell but I feel if we would of had a room without the odor I me and my guests would of enjoyed our stay more. We tried Days inn for our first time but not sure if it's like this at all Days inn

Parking was easy location was about a 20 min drive from the main downtown, most of the staff were helpful.

The bathroom was very unclean so it gave us the feeling that the rest of the room wasn't clean either. Not a comfortable feeling. We have stayed there before and everything was fine.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Room service should be there

Breakfast was good, but time should be should be extended. Location not good as there are very few bus service near the hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Breakfast ameninities could have been put together a little better. The only "hot" part was some sausage patties, and if you made a waffle or toasted a bagel, but it was alright for Free. The space/countertop was a little on the small side.

The rooms were clean, staff was very friendly. Had no issues staying here. Spent most of our time off-property, so really just needed a clean bed to sleep in. The room & bathroom could use some updating; but overall it was a good room for the value. It was nice that it was "out of town"; away from the busyness of the Big City. There are several fabulous parks near the property, we only had time to explore one.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Breakfast was basic.

Room had a musty smell front desk staff gave us a different room. It was fine once we turned on the air and opened the door. Old hotel that has been nicely renovated. Staff was GREAT

Rude rude rude, What else more you need?? I like my money back,. But to get rid of this bad memory. We let it go, Horrible.. Horrible . Do not recommend to no humans , no aniimals

Nothing, never ,ever again. Rude rude rude, horrible place

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Comfortable beds and clean rooms. Family friendly, although we wish there was a pool! The hotel felt safe, but the surroundings were a little run down. Walking distance to a beautiful park and the beach :)

The offered breakfast was horrible. The bathroom had problems in the ceiling. The mirror in front of beds fell down at the end my stay.

The beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Elevator was out of service just after we got there . We were not informed. We were told to take stairs . When we got to the main floor the door to staircase was locked we had to try and get someone's attention.

Location, Parking and Comfy Bed

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I stay there a few times a year. The location fits my needs well. It's a good hotel with breakfast. Not a spectacular place, but it's good and the staff nice.

Fridge did not work Bathroom fan did not work Prepaid(100%valid) Visa card refused Chair caster broke and caused me to hit another person,s foot Check out a bit too early Requested top floor but smokers get best top floor rooms and I am non smoker.

Quiet Hi ceilings Nice beds

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

More options fore breakfast buffet.

Expected more out of the breakfast buffet ..no oatmeal..no scrambled Eggs. No bacon...it was just hard boiled eggs.and they werent hot.

• Queen Room - Smoking

The service, took over an hour to check in , key didn't work , next room tv didn't work went to front desk , given a taped up remote that still didn't work then the front desk guy came to my room and tried all the same remotes as I had mumbling something, sent back to first room but wasn't given a key for it. Lousy . It was a special occasion the the days inn ruined for us. By the time we were settled in we'd lost the moment.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The staff were very rude. When I asked them for a kettle and baby crib they said they don't have and when I told them they said on booking that they have these services, they said they don't care about booking. It was the worst stay ever. Bathroom and towels weren't clean.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The neighbourhood isn't the nicest; I think it might look a bit nicer in Spring/Summer though when the foliage in the area has returned

It was definitely fine for a one night stay and it was decently priced. Staff was friendly, room was clean, and parking was included which was great. It's nothing overly special but it was what I expected for the cost.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

The room (and lift) smelt of smoke.

The beds were extremely comfortable and for a hotel room - was quite spacious. The breakfast was decent - the waffle machine was a cool touch.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

The smell of cigarette smoke from rooms that allow it lingers in the elevator and corridors.

Staff at front desk were extremely friendly and the continental breakfast was very enjoyable. Kitchen and eating area were updated and kept very clean.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

The heater was noisy, poor window insulation ( which was improved by simply tucking the curtains into the window aperture ). The bed was ok for me, but too soft for my partner. The room though clean was in need of a re-fresh of decoration.

Perfect location for our needs.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

The toilet rocked back and forth, sink and toilet would back up. Wall paper peeling Sheets on bed not fitted would come off. Over all made us feel dirty

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The staff wasn't rude... but they weren't exactly friendly either. The tub was disgusting... mold on the curtain, black lines going across the tub... I refused to take a shower in it. The lobby stunk wen we arrived and the room has a weird smell when we arrived... I wont be staying here again

The bed was comfy and the temperature control was working perfectly.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Queen Room - Smoking

I didn't like the wifi it kept disconnecting. I also didn't like the front desk representatives I felt like they could have been more friendly. And the location didn't have a lake view, you could barely see the lake. It was also located on a one way street so that was a little different for me since going east is a one way and coming west is also a one way. So basically it was in between two different one way streets.

I liked that the place was clean

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the toilet didn't flush good i had to hold down on the lever for awhile before it flushed , i woke up in the morning to bed bug bites that was not a nice experience because i was afraid to sleep in the bed again and you guys should do something about that its unhealthy . The breakfast was terrible the eggs didn't taste like eggs , the waffle maker didn't prepare my waffles well , overall it was a bad experience to what i'm accustom to in hotels , it felt like a cheap motel i was staying at .

nothing much , the whole experience made me feel like i was staying in a cheap smelly motel .