Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Edmonton Downtown 3 stars

10041-106 Street, Jasper Avenue & 106th Street, T5J 1G3 Edmonton, Canada

#75 of 102 hotels in Edmonton

Good location and not noisy despite being just off the main...

With the kitchen closed, a source of hot water would have been useful rather than just a coffee making machine.

Good location and not noisy despite being just off the main road through Downtown

Clean room, good location, but expensive parking fee.

The parking fee is way too high ($15.00 per night). I ask the front desk lady in the evening about the parking fee on the street and she said she had no idea about it. As a front desk clerk, you should be informed about something as easy as a parking fee across the street. I’m sure that’s something that gets asked alot.

The room was nice and clean. The front desk clerk, Patrick, was very professional and informative.

Mediocre

I came here for work but the WIFI is close to non-working. This is really bad. The room is a bit cold and I did not sleep well. One day I caught a cold after sleeping. The shower water temperature is not that stable too.

The location is the good thing. It is close to main street, bus stop, train stations etc. The room is also quiet.

Average property in a good location

Booking.com mentioned that breakfast is available but the hotel mgt said it is not there. I wrote to the hotel mgt as well as booking.com immediately but no one cared to respond. Please consider this a complaint on booking.com as well

Had a great time staying downtown.

No fridge in the room. Could not have the food items we like to have in our room for a several day stay.

Location was great. Were able to walk to Rogers Place. Restaurants and pubs all close.

Great location for the price, quiet, nicely decorated,...

Small elevator, paid parking, older building that's been partially renovated

Great location for the price, quiet, nicely decorated, comfortable beds

Extremely over priced for the most basic room.

The room did not have a fridge, microwave or safe. The lights flickered like crazy. Also the room was always cold no matter how much we turned the heat up.

The bed was comfy

I liked that it was down town an close to where I needed to...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I liked that it was down town an close to where I needed to go. Crappy there wasn’t any breakfast option, but Tim Hortons and Boston pizza was less then a 5min walk away. But didn’t like having to pay for parking if you wanted it in their hotel parking spaces.

Perfect downtown hotel close to bars, restaurants and Oilers hockey!

Location is brilliant with plenty of amenities nearby which were all extremely handy. I was attending an Oilers game and the hotel was only 10 minutes walk from Rogers Place. Plenty of bars and restaurants in the area which made it very convenient for a post-game celebration and not to worry about how to get back to the hotel. Room was spacious with some downtown view. Staff at reception were friendly and helpful. I can only recommend it to the traveller seeking a great location to the city core and downtown area.

Was adequate for what I needed for one night but not great value for money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

$15 for parking is excessive. No breakfast for the price ($109) The room was noisy (mechanical noises all night) and no view (concrete wall) as I was on the second floor and hotel was not full so better room could have been given

Was in a good location for my activities. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Check in was easy and nice people

Check out was disappointing. When asking a simple question regarding tourism fees I was given a stern answer and a unfriendly departure. I wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone. Loud rooms plus crappy pillows

Check in was easy and nice people

I was upgraded to a king suite which was a nice surprise.

I was upgraded to a king suite which was a nice surprise. I have stayed here before and it feels great to have the friendly staff go out of their way to greet you.

Comfy bed!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was good, except that upon trying to check in I was told that I didn't have a reservation and asked if I was sure that I had booked a stay, which I had booked six months prior to arrival. I had to politely insist that I had, and that yes, I knew what my name was on the booking, etc...this was somewhat frustrating as we were in a bit of a hurry and had driven more than half the day to arrive - meanwhile my partner can't enter the parking garage and has to block the entrance while I'm trying to check in. The water temperature also alternated from hot to cold quite quickly (though there was a notice in the bathroom about that). Other than that, it was a good stay.

Comfy bed!

I specifically booked this because breakfast was included. When we got there the restaurant was closed and no breakfast. And no reason why.

Rooms were small. We added a cott but there wasn't must room to add one.

Great price and location!

Thought it was strange that there was no phone in the room. I was exhausted and unsure that my phone alone might wake me and there was no possibility of a wake up call!

The staff and theblication

A place to rest our heads

Pillows, cleanliness of many items, staff were not very helpful or welcoming and didn't explain a lot of stuff like wifi etc.

Location, parking was decent and easier than expected

Good

I payed for the parking $15/day way too much. Atleast make it cheape or . Free parking as part of the hotel amenities, even though the hotels location is in downtown

The location was perfect - close to transit, restaurants and...

The room was too warm for me. I had to open the window. But, I was able to open the window.

The location was perfect - close to transit, restaurants and my appointment. The staff were professional and helpful and the room was nice and clean.

Cozy and comfortable

We could hear the kids in the next room

The speedy service and knowledgeable staff this is a great place but if you’re into luxury go somewhere else this hotel fits for me, I liked the close proximity to the Rogers arena and to jasper avenue

They were able to bring a little fridge in upon request

They had no available outlets to plug in my phone and laptop without unplugging a light or radio

They were able to bring a little fridge in upon request

Exhausted

I was in Edmonton for work. The constant partying in the hallways on the 5th floor made it so that rest at night was impossible. As well, the access from the parking lot to the elevator is poor - actually there is no access. You have to pull your luggage up a couple flights of stairs in order to get to an elevator. This is a hotel for 20 year olds who like to party.

The front desk staff are friendly and helpful.

I would definitely stay here again!

Our room was extremely hot even with the heat turned right off and the window open.

The staff was beyond friendly and accommodating. So friendly and pleasant!

It served its purpose for this time but won’t likely stay again

Room size and being close to elevator and the noisy other guests who were up all night. Not even a fridge or microwave in the room for cream for coffee.

Close to where we needed to be

I won't be coming back.

As above.

There was no continental breakfast. Charged for parking? Geez I was on a life threatening medical procedure trip. Need new mattress for sure.

Horrible!

at check in the lady charged me an extra $100 without telling me what it was for, then when I asked she told me it was a deposit for the room but was very rude about me questioning . We went to the room and as my mother in law was looking for an outlet to plug her phone in she found old French fries on the floor. We questioned it and the same lady that checked me in just said the room was clean and hung up the phone. The next night my mother in law wanted to stay in instead of going for supper and while we were away there was a creepy guy in the hallway screaming and banging on walls and falling. Later that night when I got back we were chatting and laughing and we heard a knock on our door. We didn’t answer at first because we were scared it was that crazy guy from earlier but the. Heard an even louder banging on our door. It was the night front person from downstairs telling us we have to be quiet and that he can hear us 5 doors down. He came to our door and knocked without announcing himself....couldn’t he have called instead of leaving the front desk and letting more crazy people in??? I will never stay at this hotel again weather it’s downtown or anywhere else!

. the location was great for where we needed to go

Parking-was really to bad our truck wouldn’t fit in the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking-was really to bad our truck wouldn’t fit in the underground parking. Our diesel needed plugged in because it was minus 40 it barely started the next morning. Parking was really expensive in the next lot.

Besides the beds, everything was amazing. Really enjoyed my stay

The bed was a little hard, woke up with a sore back because of it. The blankets were super thin almost felt like I was sleeping with sheets instead of blankets. Not a very nice sleep for a night during winter.

The staff was super friendly! Were happy to help answer any questions we had and all seemed like they genuinely enjoyed their job. Rooms were also really nice, beds were a little hard but besides that I really enjoyed my stay.

No restaurant in hotel and no fridge or microwave in room.

No restaurant in hotel and no fridge or microwave in room. Light switch for the bathroom in the room and connected to vanity light-when you use the washroom, you have to turn the light on in the room, very strange

we Would for sure stay again next year!

The pillows were awful, crumbly and had no support left in them. Made for some sore necks and difficulty falling asleep. One day I had asked for a new pillow or queen sized pillow to get true extra surface area and didn’t get them.

Staff was great, pleasant and quick with extra phone call requests. Our truck didn’t fit into the parkade so it was great that we could park right outside the main enterance since we were gone early enough every morning.

As I was only in my room to sleep in the 4 days I was there, it satisfies my needs.

The front end staff was very difficult to understand. Talked way too fast and very heavy accent. I had to ask him to repeat himself a few times. Quite frustrating.

Rooms were really clean and comfy. Was real close to LRT and Boston Pizza.

Staff very accommodating

Sink plumbing drained very slowly and overflow drain dirty and smelling of mold. Staff tried to fix the issue but it still needs additional attention.

Staff very accommodating

Location and great service.

Parking/checking in system was stressful as we had to block the driveway while we checked in and there were other cars lined up behind us.

Location and great service.

It was convenient but not worth the money.

There was no fridge. Parking was extra. Staff was not very friendly. The water in the shower changed from burning hot to cold as you showered. I would not stay there again.

Location was close to where I needed it.

Easy to find and close to appointment.

A restaurant or continental breakfast.

Easy to find and close to appointment. Friendly staff that was very helpful to show how to get to next appointment.

Friendly front desk staff and perfect location to Rogers...

Poor parking accommodations as a regular size pick up truck wouldn’t fit in their provided parking.

Friendly front desk staff and perfect location to Rogers Place.

The room was clean, and the bed linens were comfortable.

The hotel is older, so the taps in the bathroom were ancient, and there were areas on the ceiling where the stucco had been damaged by water. They are doing renovations, so hopefully this will improve.

The room was clean, and the bed linens were comfortable. The lobby is lovely, and the staff are courteous and friendly. Nice breakfast place next door.

Will stay there again when the right occasion arises.

Like to have the complimentary breakfasts and not be charged for parking when staying at hotel.

Price was good for location. Staff were very accommodating and friendly.

Great. Friendly staff and convenient location for attending an event at Rogers Arena.

Parking garage had tiny parking spots. It was tricky to maneuver even in a small vehicle.

Hotel was close to Rogers Arena and Jasper Avenue. The front desk staff were very helpful at suggesting restaurants and bars close to the property and Rogers. They gave directions to other hot spots too.

It was okay still think is was over price for what I got

I didn't like that I have to pay extra just for parking in the property plus the construction around was terrible to get around

I like it was close to where I need it to be

The bed was very comfortable.

The halls were messy due to renovations. Noise from construction could be heard in our room during daytime hours. Slight odour from construction materials.

The bed was very comfortable. Room and bathroom were clean. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Friendly staff.

Using blow dryer and the power cut out in whole room. Other guests VERY loud on floor. No fridge in room. No restaurant in Building for breakfast or late supper.

Friendly staff. Prompt service for extra towels etc

Not bad but I wouldn't stay again. I've definitely stayed in nicer places for the same value.

The heat the room wasn't great even though I kept turning up the temperature it was still cold in there and the blanket on the bed was very, very thin. The room smelled like wet carpet when we walked in, needs and air freshener in there. The halls and carpet were extremely dated!! I was really surprised given how modern the lobby was!

The room was clean and cozy and well made up. I liked how they folded the wash cloths.

Other than a few inconveniences and the room being too hot I was very satisfied with my stay.

There was no fridge or microwave. The room was way too hot and difficult to cool down even with windows open and the fans the staff brought us. There was only one ice machine for 5 floors of rooms.

The staff were amazing ! Friendly, helpful and accommodating ! The location was perfect as I was there for a medical appointment, to do some shopping (close to many malls - including West Edmonton Mall) and close to my two favourite restaurants Red Lobster and Olive Garden ! The area felt safe and was easy to navigate. The rooms were very clean and the beds were so comfortable !

Clean hotel in great location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room was by a soft drinks machine which was very noisy 24 hours a day. The hotel has no restaurant and feels somewhat lacking in atmosphere but was fine so me as a base to explore the city.

Location is excellent and the room was large and very clean. Staff were very friendly, especially the lady on the desk when I checked in.

mediocre comfort, great location

The beds were very "tall" and uneven. Pillows on both beds were lumpy and uncomfortable. The walls and carpet were orange and the decor was very outdated. Very few plug ins that were available (mostly used for lamps, tv, etc), none near the beds, just behind a table in the far corner. Nothing majorly wrong but not what I was expecting.

We were there for a concert at Rogers Place and the location was great. Walking distance to the arena and other bars.

The pillows really need to be updated.

The pillows really need to be updated. They are like throw pillows and I had a business training for 9 hours on Saturday and I woke up with a migraine so bad I was throwing up. So please get regular soft and hard pillows so people have an option.

I was unhappy with the final price of the room.

I was unhappy with the final price of the room. I ended up at $131.00. The starting booking.com rate was 84.00, plus taxes, they added $15.00 for parking. I presented my on line booking confirmation but I feel they did not honor the booking price.

Good location and you get what you pay for
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No air conditioning. Room was extremely hot. There was an awful parkade just below the Room that every time the door opened made a buzzing sound. Made it terrible to have the window open. The adjoining room door was not very sound proof so we could often hear the the people next (aka the man that barfed every morning)

Location. Front desk staff was excellent.

I feel for the price point it was a good value and mostly happy that it was very clean,

At first I was a little nervous because the hallways were very shabby and in need of renovating. I was relieved that the room was quite decent

The room was very clean. It was a great downtown location. We were able to walk to dinner and to Roger’s Place for a concert. It was very quiet. When we requested more towels, we received them within minutes. He price was good

Will look elsewere next time.

No air conditioning, stuffy humid room. Requested a fan and kept window open during the day. Lousy sleep due to allergies picked up from something in room. Room old and not updated for prime location. A 70's hotel ready for demolition.

Quick quiet comfortable

We both thought it rather odd that our room didn't have a fridge/microwave as part of the hotel room accommodations!! We had to fill our sink with ice to keep drinks and snacks cold :( Elevators are frustrating to use with the room keys

We loved the private outside "roof top" feel (in parking brokade) when stepping out for a late night cig and look at the city lights

This lodging place is ideal for travelers with vehicles!

Check-in and check-out is inconvenient! This is because the reception counter is at another location on the opposite side of the main road and away from the actual lodging place. One needs to do a bit of walking in order to move between these two locations. This will be worse if it is raining.

Bus stop for public transport is just outside the hotel! Free rides in public transport as guests of this hotel.

Won't be staying here again.

Staff wasn't friendly and were concerned my toddler would be crying at night. She was quiet - as always. But the drunken idiots down the hall woke us up twice. So instead of asking 'will your child cry at night?' They should ask 'will you be consuming liquor tonight?'

Parking charges make this facility too expensive for the old rooms with no fridge.

They claim it is clear that parking will cost you an additional 15 dollars per night but it is only a small statement hidden in the facilities saying "surcharge". No fridge in the room which is stated however seems like a big missing piece for the price per night. Would not stay again.

No going back
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No Breakfast ...... paid extra for parking .....( not included in price. Of room yet parking is attach to hotel.....loud quest on my floor until 10:30 -11 pm

Comfy bed

Great value for the location.

There is a charge for parking, but the lot is secure.

Perfect location to enjoy entertainment - within walking distance of many pubs and restaurants. Excellent value for stay.

I would quite likely stay here again next time I visit Edmonton.

The room was nice but lacked a small fridge, not a big deal. The air conditioner was not powerful like in most hotel rooms, and we visited in late August and the room would get very hot in the late afternoon. The TV guide on screen did not have any details about programming info.

Friendly staff, excellent location, close to subway, parkade off the street. Restaurants nearby were easy to find, although there were limited options after midnight.

Won't stay here again. Many better places in Downtown Edmonton.

Parking is poor. Waited to get into the parkade for 10 minutes while a lady stared at me through a window and wouldn't open the gate. Fans in the hallway, place looks worn down and kind of smells.

I liked that it was close to the LRT for getting to were I...

I did t like the set up in front for parking the acces to the parkade was a bit tricky if there were lots of cars.

I liked that it was close to the LRT for getting to were I needed to go.

Clean, friendly staff, reasonable price.

Rooms seem pretty dated, no fridge, everything on my floor was a strange color of orange. As a 28 year old male interior design is not something I usual notice but this hotel is rather ugly.

Location is good.

Not particularily happy
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would not stay here again.....$15 a night to park even when you are a paying guest!! Ridiculous!!!

There was nothing special about this place. Will NOT stay again!

Was good for what I needed. Doubt I would stay again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Didn't like paid parking (money grab), original room wasn't ready so had another. Floor was not vacuumed from previous guests. No fridge, water or coffee. Pillows were rather tiny.

Check in and out was quick. Room was quiet.

I would recommend this hotel. I just prefer a room where the bathroom sink is in with the bathtub.

The room was kind of small, but the staff brought in a mini-fridge when asked, and were very helpful. It's a bit of an older style hotel, but really no complaints whatsoever.

The parking was great and the staff were extremely helpful. We were able to book an extra room at the last minute for our daughter and her boyfriend when they had nowhere else to stay for one night after having moved from Vancouver.

Was in Edmonton for medical reasons, spent over $400 on...

Was in Edmonton for medical reasons, spent over $400 on taxis. The Staff phoned for a cab for me every morning, would have been great if they would have suggested the Sky Bus that was one block away.

good

Parking was extra 15 dollors...luckly it was sunday and street parking din't cost us anything.

Excellent location...very good staff...good clean rooms

Location was awesome.

Location was awesome. We were in town for a concert. We didn't realize until we got there we could walk to the facility for the concert and that there were so many restaurants near the hotel.

Nice stay, convenient location, very easy access to any sites or public transit

We are arrange to stay at room 333 which is near the fan, so quite noisy, be sure to avoid this room. Parking is little bit expensive, 12 cad a day with unlimited access.

Location, staff very friendly, room clean, bed feel comfortable.

Friendly, convenient and comfortable, just a little too bright

We stayed in the room right by the lighted hotel sign. Very bright even with curtains closed.

The front desk staff was very helpful and pleasant to speak with.

Satisfactory stay.

No access to parking resulted in delays for guests coming behind. No directions at hotel entry.

Older but clean facility. Fitness center needs improvement but adequate.

Lovely, clean place with friendly staff

Nothing to complain about!

I liked the spacious room, comfy bed and fast wifi.Hotel is in central location, very clean rooms and staff extremely nice and friendly!

The restaurant was closed for renovations/ sale so no...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The restaurant was closed for renovations/ sale so no supplied breakfast. Underground parking fee of $15.00 charged and not mentioned on the booking site. We have stayed at this Days Inn in the past and enjoyed a full breakfast and free underground parking as included in the price. Hall carpets show sign of wear.

Happy with Days Inn Downtown Edmonton

Within walking distance to many downtown shops and restaurants. There is a LRT station 1 block away that makes it very easy to venture out of the downtown core.

Clean Affordable and Friendly!

Shower was a bit sporadic with the temperature of the water, no pool for the kids, some beds were comfortable while others were not

Clean, affordable, central for our convention at the Rogers Place, and staff was friendly and helpful!

The Perfect Edmonton Downtwon Visit Inn

Perfect parking spot and location well within restaurants,bars,buses and LRT trains

I liked the Ladies Kristina and her friend Keyla for making our stay perfect making sure we had clean towels and toiletries in time and making sure our rooms were in perfect condition and free of gabbage at all times....

Stay there. You'll be glad you did. :)

$15 Parking, no kitchenette (no fridge for food / drinks).

In-facility parking and close proximity to Royal Alexandra Hospital, plush beds & very clean room.