Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Leamington 3 stars

201 Erie Street North, N8H 3A5 Leamington, Canada

#8 of 12 hotels in Leamington

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A public lift would have been useful, even more so as the desk was often (briefly) unattended. A tad expensive but probably due to the Bird Festival.

Proximity to Point Pelee and ease of "getting out" of town. Many people visit in May for the Pelee Bird Festival, to whom the "bonus questions" are totally irrelevant. Early breakfast is a good idea.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Given it was birder season. The hotel was busy. Not an issue. They dealt with the large amount of guest great.

Property was clean and staff were friendly. They went out of thier way to answer any questions. The staff were extremely helpful. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was great and the location was convenient. I would come again.

Breakfast was full of choices and ready early. Hot tub perfect temp. and so clean pool area. Staff full of local information and so pleasant. Best location: could walk to the Lake and to downtown.

Everything, it was so good. The staff were amazing, our card key lock broke during our stay, the night manager was just amazing, helped us get in. Was a very good trip

• Standard Queen Room

The continental breakfast could run maybe an hour longer from 6-10 am instead of 6-9am

Bed was really comfortable, didn't use a/c winter time but heater worked great my view was bottom floor looking out to parking lot I requested bottom floor but did not bother me at all. Did not drink any coffee.

• Standard Queen Room

The staff was mostly unfriendly, and unwelcoming. The staff managed to give a key to people who should not have been allowed in our room.

In general the hotel was clean and modern. The rooms where where comfortable and clean. The pool/hot tub was clean and accessible.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff person (woman) at front desk when I checked in was not very friendly or welcoming. There was no staff person at the front desk when I needed to check out and I had to run all over the building to find someone.

Breakfast offered many options. Was pretty good.

They put security deposit through bank and had to wait a week to get it removed which was uncalled for never had this problem at any place we had stayed at before. Reviews also said this was a common practice with this hotel. Likely will detour us from staying here again!

Stay was good but pricey for area

• King Suite with Hot Tub

There was no atm for the bar room for cash it was my wife’s birthday and i had too go across the street after we had some drinks which is unsafe we had acouple of drinks in the bar and the drinks were room temperature no ice he never check in on us too see if we need anything else we had too find him in the hallway and he said one minute? So we went back too our room . The only thing that was nice is when we had room service everything should be convenient when someone doesn’t want too leave the premises while under the influence of alcohol we had people yelling for an hour outside our room kept my wife and I up till 130 am we drove 45 mins too come stay at this hotel and my wife’s birthday was not as pleasant as I had hoped

Everything was great...no complaints.

Customer service was great at this hotel, room was clean, bed comfortable, nice to have a fridge & microwave in the room and the free breakfast was great. Hotel is not large but has everything you need in an overnight stay.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Property needs updating - especially paint and carpeting in the hallways and stairwell . Breakfast was just ok .

Accomadations are basic but Bed was good - room clean Room was ready on our arrival which was very good since we were there for a wedding and were on a tight schedule

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

elevator needed for guests to use, especially when checking in and out.

comfortable beds, room well maintained, quiet AC, friendly host at the front desk who recommended good restaurants in the area

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

I was over charged for accommodations on my credit card as well as a $300 payment from my bank account which I am still waiting for a refund for.

Comfortable stay

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

One thing that I did not know when booking was that there is no elevator for guests. We were traveling with my dad who doesn't do stairs well, and the only elevator option is a service elevator that needs to be operated by staff. They were perfectly willing to do so, but it would have been inconvenient. Fortunately we were able to relocate to a ground floor room no problem. But it would have been good to know in advance about the elevator so I could have requested a ground floor room when booking. Otherwise everything was great.

The staff was wonderful, the place was clean, and we were in one of the rooms with a pillow top bed and the beds were very comfortable.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Lovely accessible hotel, with kind helpful staff, and buffet breakfast. I was travelling with my 81 yr old mother in a wheelchair and had complete access and simple parking outside the main entrance.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

A couple of water bottles in the room upon arrival would be a nice welcome. Softer towels in the bathroom. I understand the hotels concern over people abusing a rule of not taking food out of the kitchen during breakfast. However, most people cannot eat very much breakfast that early in the morning (myself included) and would like to be able to at least grab a banana or yogurt to have later in the morning. Coffee was not good at all.

Hotel was quiet - no disturbing noises at all. Easy access to our room on the main floor. Friendly staff and having breakfast included.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

An extra cost - green fee- was added to our final bill, when it was clearly stated on our confirmation ,that the listed price included all taxes and fees. Dishonest practice

nothing special, as expected for a three star hotel

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Maybe could offer breakfast till 10 a.m.

Staff was excellent & offered upgrade. Showed us the difference in rooms & were very helpful. Sorry can't comment on breakfast ad we did not partake. We were there for a golf tournament & the timing just didn't work

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I realize that the price is the going rate in Leamington for rooms; however, the price seemed high for what we were offered. I would have liked the complimentary breakfast to be open a little later on the weekend, if you don't have to get up and going. Perhaps even 10 am would be better on weekends at least.

The room was very neat and clean; however the bathroom sink had a large crack in it and the curtains were on wrong and we could not get them to close all the way. The staff were very friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were able to use the stairs fine, but an elevator access to the second floor would have been appreciated for our luggage.

Spacious room. Quiet. Great breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk staff was absolutely amazing. She was so sweet and kind. The room was very clean! I didn't notice a single dirty item in the room. The hotel was very quiet as well. I didn't make it down to breakfast because I'm a late sleeper but what I did see was a little small and disappointing. The location was great. I went to visit Point Pelee for two days and it is a quick drive from Leamington. Everything was lovely, thank you. Definitely would book there again.

The rooms do not block noise whatsoever. You can hear everyone talking in the hallway. You can hear children screaming next door. You can hear people starting their cars in the parking lot. At 1am 2 other rooms on the same floor were having a party with their doors open with laughter and talking and screams. You can hear everything down to the word. The staff was able to put a stop to the partying after 30 minutes which was nice. I can imagine that talking to drunk people was not pleasant. I do appreciate the staff for their effort. However I would never stay there again because of the noise.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was nice.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Only thing we can think of was the exhaust fan in the bathroom was very loud. Lol.

The beds were new pillow top in the upgraded room with very modern finishes. The breakfast had hot selections and nice simple variety. the staff were very knowledgeable about the area and extremely friendly. (Anu, we hope we spelled it correctly). There was even a mini snack store in the lobby and a bar lounge on the main floor!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Would have been better if the breakfast was available until 10 am instead of 9am.

Great, no-hassle stay in a clean well maintained Inn. It was nice talking to Abbi, our host who greeted us. A very pleasant stay.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms and overall decor were a bit dated. No restaurant.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast, although limited in choice, was plentiful. Housekeeping staff were excellent.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel manager and 1 front desk staff failed so badly in customer service; can't even waive a $25.00 fee they claim to charge for additional persons; this after Booking.com just transmitted our booking to the property on the day itself. We booked the hotel in March 2017 for a July 1st stay. We got so stressed out in dealing with the hotel front desk and with Booking.com, but particularly of the hotel, they should be trained on customer service again, from scratch. We are preparing our complaint to the appropriate association/s or organization/s. They embarrassed me and my family infront of many other guests including our friends and caused us undue stress.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel charged taxes on top of charges from Booking.com. Stairs going up to the 2nd floor was dirty. Bedroom:A dead fly inside bed sheet. Plague of stinky fish flies all over town. Swimming Pool Area: Steam room doesn't work. Murky waters in the whirlpool. Too much chlorine in the pool. Breakfast: Orange juice from dispenser was diluted. Scrambled eggs were obviously powdered form.

Sausage tasted good. Water pressure was excellent.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

As I was traveling on my own, I would have preferred that the person checking me did not mention my room number outloud as there were others behind me. As a female it would have been nice for that feeling of extra security .

Comfy bed

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The lady at front desk was really nice. We missed the time period for breakfast cuz I forgot the time. She recommended us a good place for breakfast and kept apologizing even though it was not her fault.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool closed early and the breakfast was only until 9:00.

Very quiet we had the pool and hot tub all to ourselves. Room was clean but furniture was dated.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was falsely advertised. According to the pictures on booking.com, I reserved a newly renovated room. But I got there, the receptionist said that my room rate applies to non-renovated room. As a result, I had to pay extra $20 for the room I saw in pictures on booking.com.

The breakfast was great. Room was clean and comfortable.

Gave us cards that wouldn't open room door then re-keyed the cards and when we entered the room it was occupied by another customer. Awkward!! Desk offered no explanation other than to say she was embarrassed. Breakfast was included but served on styrofoam plates. Dispenser for juice only dispensed slightly coloured water instead of apple juice. Room was comfortable and clean. At check out, no one asked how our stay was. Actually, he said absolutely nothing but handed us our receipt. Overall, not a great experience. We are not picky but it's the little things that make a difference. Customer service was lacking

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The complimentary breakfast was pretty awful. No ice machine on second floor. Only a service elevator to the second floor but staff were super accomodating when you needed it. No freezer compartment in fridge. For the price of a delux room was expecting more than just a clean modern but basic bathroom. Hot tub not hot enough.

Staff were very accomodating. Pool was warm.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

First thing I was told, when registering, that I can upgrade to better room by paying $10.00, because room booked was not the one I booked. I was asked if booking was with Booking.co. I was surprised at this type of message!

Breakfast was good, sleep was good.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were hard. Room was run down and dirty. T.V. was the old style and was not a good picture. Could at least had a decent tv to watch. Breakfast was ok. Eggs were cold and wet very gross. The sausage was dry and cold. Best thing was the toast. lol. Staff was friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No elevator only service elevator that is locked most of the time. In rush time breakfast space is too short. Food items are not sufficient.

Staffs are friendly and helpful and also resourceful. There are lot of information they have. Lot of parking lots. Premises is neat and clean. Indoor Pool is fine and well maintained.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool was filled with rowdy children right up until closing time of 10pm. I booked here because of the pool and hottub and was unable to use it.

Staff friendly and went extra mile. They offered a park pass and opened the door when my arms were full.

It wasn't clean. I understand that we should not expect cleanliness of a 5 star, but It seemed that they didn't care enough about cleaning room and bathroom.

It was conveniently close to the national park.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

n/a Leamington

The service was excellent and our whole time there met our travel needs perfectly. We've been there before and have no complaints.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I really can't think of anything!

Our stay was good. Clean, comfortable with courteous, helpful staff. Breakfast was good, particularly for early morning starts.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Inflated season prices. I've paid less to stay in downtown Toronto. No elevator. Noisey heater/AC unit. Checkout price was higher than my reservation quote.

Easy to get to. Early breakfast. Good WiFi connection.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

No change rooms at the sauna or pool.

Large room, fridge, microwave, coffee maker. Great access to Pt Pelee Ntl Park, if you're coming for the bird migration. Breakfast service started at 4am!

• Superior King Room

The fact that we had only booked 1 night, since we were travelling on to other destinations. But we would love to go back.

The staff here at the Days Inn is amazing, very friendly, very helpful. This is the first place that we get a call from a hotel within 5 minutes of our arrival just to see if the room and everything is to our satisfaction. GREAT customer service!

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was beautiful, the breakfast was awesome. The waffle maker and sausages were well seasoned! It was just great. The room heating was also great!

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody. Our room was very shabby with lots of imperfections and dirty with dust around the edge of the old dark rug. The heat didn't work and two of the lamps were broken. The decor was quite ugly with old beige furniture from a bad seventies movie. Staying here really bummed me out! I should have refused this room and would definitely do so next time. Save yourself the trouble and just don't stay here! Apparently there are some renovated rooms but since there were only about 5 rooms being used that night they could have had us stay in one of those instead of sticking us in the old dud of a room we were given. Bad management if you ask me! There was nobody at the desk on our way out to relay our great disappointment to. For the price we paid this was terrible value.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Deluxe Family Suite

Very good accommodation. There you will find everything to make you to enjoy your stay. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. I liked the jacuzzi in the room, and hot sauna. Don't forget your swimsuite by the way. The breakfast was just ok: sausages, eggs, milk/tea/coffee, flakes, waffles... All good and tasty.

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds were hard as rock and the pillows 😣. Also; a lot of dust in the room

Rooms were full of dust and the breakfast was terrible. Only the staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Was rushed to leave. Was actually charged an extra $10 to stay in an identical room I booked online. But to stay in the new building which was pretty much empty there was an additional charge of $10. Still waiting on an explanation as to why. Not like they were busy it was basically an empty hotel.Are U not entitled to the best available room that U paid for? $139.00 is alot to begin with but to be gouged on top of that price is totally unacceptable.😕

Pool was nice. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Rooms are sparse with no decorations such as pictures and standard microwave breakfast buffet is what it is. Room rates vary widely and no mention was made at check-in.

Overall rooms were good and staff was very friendly . Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Deluxe Family Suite

The debit machine was down so I had to get cash, but the location of the hotel was very close to banks and atms

I reserved a two bedroom suite with a kitchen and hot tub for my wedding party to get ready in. The suite was beautiful. Beds were too comfy! The staff was very friendly, plesant, and flexible with any requests.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

More chairs in the room to relax or read on. Curtains did not close completely, so had to play with them to shut out street lights. Everything unplugged when we arrived! Window AC with no adjustable direction, air directly on the person in bed next to it.

location, the breakfast which was more than a "continental"

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Print out from booking.com said that there was more in the room than there was.

Print out from booking.com said that no meals were included but the continental breakfast was included.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (4 Adults)

This place was outstanding The Staff were so nice.and friendly,I felt.like I made some new friends. I was new in town and the staff gave me lots of information.They helped me with my business and helped promote my business. Everyone go and stay you won't be disappointed. Thank you The ice cream Lady

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The value for the cost of the hotel was disappointing compared to other hotels at this price. Some common areas of the hotel are run down, breakfast was so-so. Not enough seating for guests in the breakfast room and signs indicated food cannot be brought to rooms.

The hotel room was clean. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

Room: Rooms noisy (all doors slam loudly, refrigerator loud, AC loud), updated room still just average quality, linins and towels poor quality. Hotel: Pool very small. Breakfast buffet ends too early (9:00am). Guests drinking beer and smoking at the entrance. Room prices vary based on updated vs older. Paid &165 a night where sign outside advertises $99 a night.

Friendly staff. Location good

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Standard Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff were most kind in accommodating another family member for parking during one day of my stay. We were attending a family gathering in town that day.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff very friendly and helpful. Great early morning breakfast for birding festival

Check in was helpful. Breakfast was great. We liked that it started early enough for us to begin our birding day.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Overpriced. For that money there should have been at least decent toiletries.

Nothing really

Staff was very nice and breakfast was super yummy

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Could not add CAA discount at time of payment. Bummer!

Breakfast included...and delicious.

• Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The egg component of the breakfast was disappointing

pool area very good for a fun swim time with our granddaughter.

It was comfortable and peaceful. The staff was very friendly.

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

The staff were amazing and went out of their way to always be helpful and cheerful. I would recommend this location to anyone.

• Standard Queen Room

No tomatoes or cucumbers in breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everyone was super nice and it was very clean.

• Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Could use some gluten free bread

Breakfast had quite a bit of variety for a hot continental.

Fine

Most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in!

Heating and cooling.

Quiet, friendly and centrally located.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They had a sauna,hot tub and pool . Staff was great very friendly.

• Superior King Room

The bed was very comfy. Nice clean place. Room was quiet and staff very helpful.

• Superior King Room

The hot tub worked very poorly, hardly no power

Very clean overall and the breakfast was good

Slept better than I do at home. Good variety for breakfast. Pool water was nice temp.