Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham London 3 stars

1100 Wellington Road South, N6E 1M2 London, Canada

#26 of 40 hotels in London

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The bed and pillows were very comfortable!

The air conditioner didn't work properly in our room. The hallways were too hot ... no air circulation.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable! Staff were all fantastic! It was very clean. Overall we thought this hotel was absolutely great for the money!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Excellent Value on short notice. Friendly Staff. Mostly clean and a good place to sleep over.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It is a bit dated. The double room carpet was stained and lifting (it had rolls in it). A very small musty carpet smell. Slight. The Air conditioner was cold albeit noisy and in need of repair (the aiming vents were broken and someone put a water bottle cap in to aim it up so you didn't freeze in bed). Economy style toiletries designed for one use (caps only come off and don't go back on). The door also needed help closing. The balcony overlooked the pool but is a shared long hall with all the other units. No privacy. And if you are a security minded, it's a sliding door lock style balcony door. Bring a broom handle :). Breakfast not included by fairly priced.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. The value for the night was the best deal around. Location was among other hotels and was fast to find off the 401. Parking was ample too. Facility was mostly clean.

Nice stay

There was a slight smell in our room maybe from the carpet being damp from the pool. Also kids were playing on the floor and found old candy under the table. Floors could have used a little more care. Over all the place was clean just attention to detail was needed. For the price this place was great.

The room was a nice size. The out door pool was perfect for this time of year. It was great to have a restaurant in the hotel that was reasonably priced and the food was good.. The location was great many things around, a mall right across and and many plazas in the area. Staff were very nice. Check in and out was simple no fuss no long waits. We have already booked again for next year.

It was okay considering it was a one night stat
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not kid friendly especially children under 1 with diapers Room had a weird smell to it Room appeared a little dirty

The room beds were comfortable. Pool was nice. Ice machine was in great location

Near alot of stores and Tim Horton's

Upon checking in the clerk was charging me again for the 3 nights that i had prepaid months ago but she fixed that then sunday didnt get our room cleaned they were too busy she told me...she gave me a bed sheet and towels then left ! And that $5rebate i called and said since my room not done ill take the rebate...they said no she will get it done!!! It didnt get done 🤨☹ the first day chambermaid did great i gave her $5 tip!

Near alot of stores and Tim Horton's

Convenient to where I wanted to be. Decent price for the location.

That there wasn't a continental breakfast. I booked with the intention of having a breakfast included. But there was a restaurant inside that I could order from. I wasn't planned on paying for another meal. So a little disappointed.

I liked that I had a balcony. Even though it was shared with others.

A good stay!

I didnt get close to pool area like I requested and my sister booked so I asked to be close... 10 rooms away -Isnt close haha

Our stay was great, Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall we had a good stay.

the room was nice

my familys room was booked beside a room with 20 plus youngsters drinking doing drugs and making an unreal amount of noise . not only was this mess going on in the room but the hallway as well . the noise level was unacceptable . Not to mention they don't let you know that the sauna and whirlpool they advertise is broken and dusty so it hasn't worked in a while . we will not be back neither will anyone from my company

the room was nice

Overall I love staying here. I try to stay at least twice during the summer months.

The restaurant tends to under cook some items. We had to send back our french toast as it was not toasted only warm white bread. The shower turn on was too hard for me to pull so the desk clerk had to pull it out and leave it.

Bella's customer service was outstanding during check in. Staff very helpful.

Beds and bedding were very comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

A/C was old and difficult to see controls. There was mold in a couple of places on the top of the bath.

Beds and bedding were very comfortable. We will book again for next week!

It was great

There was nothing I didn’t like

The view, everyone was very cheerful and eager to accommodate. The outdoor pool was great. There was nothing to complain about everything about the Days Inn was very satisfactory. I would stay there again

It was a good stay for the money.

The only real complaints we had were minor. The towel rack needed to be screwed back into the wall, it was coming out. We reported this to the front desk and they did tell maintenance but they never did fix it. The only other complaint we had was the drains were really slow and the stoppers didn't want to stay up. Also, the one thing that really annoyed us was the locks on door 3 and our room lock. We had to keep putting the card key in and out about 20 times or more before it would turn green and let us in. Someone seriously needs to fix that.

The room was kept clean and the front desk staff was really great. Very helpful with any questions and concerns you had The location was perfect for us. Overall our stay was good.

Good

Swimming pool was not clean which made my kids unable to swim and that was the main purpose we booked there!

Clean rooms, quiet, spacious, comfortable beds

DAY'S for Business
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Greeted with a smile, mentioned I was exhausted then found they had me in the farthest room possible on the second floor and no elevator. Anxious to get off my feet I entered the room, it was like walking onto a sauna. I put my thing down and as I left the room found someone from housekeeping who showed me the switch that turned on th A.C.. I returned to the front desk and told them I was very disappointed that I was in a room that was so hot when I entered and that I would have to wait in the lobby 20 minutes for it to cool (the temp outside was 90F). They didn't offer me another room. When I returned to my room I was in the bathroom splashing water on my face and felt a wave of heat on my legs and discovered an electric heater was on full at my feet which I promptly turned off. Now the room cooled down quickly. After a short rest I wanted to check in with clients because I was there on business and realize there was not a chair or desk at which I could sit so I proped my self up with pillows to work.

The bedding was beautiful and the bed very comfortable. There is a TV, fridge and microwave in the room. They also had a lovely restaurant and their staff was very friendly. It was right across the street from the Mall and close to theatres, other restaurants and the 401.

Would definitely stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Carpet was old, the toilet is really high and we couldn't turn on the bathroom fan or it was broken

It was clean, quiet, cheap and in a good location

Clean, comfortable accommodation at great price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room spacious and comfortable bed; room with balcony; quiet rooms even though the hotel was quite busy; on-site restaurant with very good breakfast at low cost; friendly staff; conveniently located to the 401 and Wellington if you wanted to get into London downtown.

Great stay, breakfast deal, excellent to deal with.

Beds

Staff was was good to deal air conditioner wasn't working properly they immediately moved us and the bed in our first room was hard and they offered another room immediately, also we had noisy neighbors one and the staff gave us that night free, excellent to deal with. Breakfast deal excellent.

Bed was stiff but we really used it to sleep and hit the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was stiff but we really used it to sleep and hit the road. room met all our needs. needed more towels. Had to share with our other family. But come on 68$ CAD. can't really complain.

Terrible would NEVER recommend or stay again

Pool was not open due to the health inspector not passing it First room had the safety lock broken off Second room dirty Smelt like smoke Bug in the room

Staff was friendly, Beds were clean washrooms were clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was hoping with the nice weather they could have had the pool open, walls needed a wipe down and carpets need to be replaced.

Staff was friendly, Beds were clean washrooms were clean.

Good value

Could have provided more towels and toiletries.

Easy check in, clean, and friendly staff. Great location across from the mall. About a 15 min drive to downtown. Great value for money.

Okay for quick night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Smelled very old and the wallpaper looked outdated as well. No air circulation in the room was a very big miss on them

Staffs were very friendly and bathrooms were very clean as I am very picky about the bathroom.

Good for what we paid for.

With the weather being 28 degrees it would have been nice if the pool was open, therefore there was nothing to do for my children. Beds were hard so not comfy at all.

We were upgraded from 2 double beds to 2 queen beds room. Thank you!

it was enjoyable for the most part would visit the city again and would use Days Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

not enough coffee supplies, no pool available at the time, smoking room not available, only 1 chair couldn't play cards, no benches outside to sit

bed was comfy, clean, staff helpful and friendly, air conditioned, convenient, price, breakfast was good, spacious, wifi accessible, good location, close to everything, fridge in room, comfortable atmosphere

Worst hotel ever!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Worst experience ever! No one cleaned the room for two days, the unhelpful receptionist (Nadim) has extremely poor customer service skills, thin walls that make you hear everything going on in the next room, unclean washrooms with falling wallpaper. I would never stay here again even if it is for free!

An average hotel, but would happily pay 10-20 more per night to get a cleaner, nicer room.

I found the hotel a little dark and our non-smoking room bathroom smelled like smoke. Possibly from another room or just from age. The AC would be helpful to have a manual or directions provided. The door could be opened, but there was no screen and with other guests smoking on their balcony it was hard to let the 'breeze' in without the smoke. The carpets look like they need replacing and were dirty.

The hotel is conveniently located across from the White Oaks Mall and next to a Boston Pizza. The front desk was pleasant and beds were comfortable. The towels were folded into a little fan in the bathroom. I loved having a microwave and mini fridge in the room.

Beds were comfortable

My only complaint was the design of the bathroom. I’m fairly tall and found myself bending to shower and to wash my face in the sink. Toilett seats were low too.

Beds were comfortable

Won't stay there again.

went to bed around 2:30 am, and around 8:15 am the worst noise I ever heard, sounded like a jack hammer right outside our window, went on for about an hour, husband called down to the front desk and they said sorry for the inconvenience there was signs up all over hotel about work being done, they never mentioned it to us when we checked in or even when we booked online, we even had late checkout. very inconsiderate.

We went to get away for a night for our anniversary, 48 years married, when we arrived everything was fine, desk staff was friendly, room was clean, we went out for the evening and came back to the room late,

Nice nights rest after long day traveling!!

No morning coffee...one tiny pk regular coffee in room for one person...two like regular coffee😊😊. Most hotels have a coffee station for guests...not here. Asked front desk but staff not in yet.

Clean & comfortable

Good for one night stay but would not be comfortable staying longer.

The hotel was clean and the staff friendly. We found the rooms in need of an uplift. Walls need fresh paint and furniture is oUt dated and the carpet was worn.

Not wheelchair accessible property

No wheelchair parking. They said it was at the back but the back entrance had no accessible entrance. How disappointing. Even the rooms didn't have a smooth entry way for the wheelchair to freely enter. It had a raised piece of wood frame door on the floor. I understand its an old building but this is 2018. Aren't there laws to provide people with disabilities the right to safe access?

Staff was great

It was adequate.

Didn't realize there was no elevator. The whole basement level is smoking and the smell permeates the whole building. Smells like a billiard hall from the '70's.

Proximity to the Mall, restaurant and hospital. Close convenient parking. The attached restaurant has a great breakfast.

The rooms were nice and clean, the common areas were not.

The rooms were nice and clean, the common areas were not. The staff was friendly but had music cranked which made the experience seem unprofessional.

The staff were awful.

The staff were awful. Each one of them looked upset. I was not greeted. The walls are also paper thin. I could hear the couple next to us making love in the morning and my 3 year old also heard it. I don't recommend this hotel.

Clean, convenient and recommended!

Nothing, except there were traveling telephone workers that kept bringing in mud and it was in the hallways and on stairs making the appearance of hotel living ok dirty. Not the hotels fault.

The price was excellent, location was perfect for our convention in downtown London, and the knotty Pine restaurant at the hotel had a yummy Eggs Benedict for breakfast. Staff was very nice and accommodation with great food recommendations.

It was very pleasant and a great value for the money!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The mattresses were quite hard for my and my husbands liking. Everything else was great!

Friendly and great value for the money. Convenient to get to and lots of restaurants, stores nearby

I would stay again as the price was good and location was perfect for our activities.

The room smelled of stale cigarette smoke despite being a smoke free room and our door wouldn’t latch to lock. We didn’t realize it until the end of our stay.

The stafff were friendly and helpful, great location and the knotty pine restaurant was great.

over priced for the age of the room and missing emenities

The remote on the TV did not work, only got 2 channels and there was no table or chairs to sit at while we ate. Had to sit on the bed to eat our food. The room was missing furniture. Only one small hand bar of soap in the bathroom.

The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Other guests were fighting and partying and very noisy , nothing was done we were kept up until 530 am , complained numerous times and front desk stopped answering the phone sick of complaints I guess.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Our smoking room had wallpaper with streaking tobaco and dark brown carpet from 1988 and air conditioner in the wall with wet wall around it. It smelled so bad I bought a tree car freshner and hung it in room. I understand its a smoking room but that was just trash.

Great value for money, a cosy hotel.

The gym is kind of dark and outdated.

The staff was very attentive and friendly. The hotel is right across from a shopping mall. You can get a lot of things done on foot, without having to drive around.

Cash deposit amount keeps changing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Cash deposit amount keeps changing. Seems like whoever is working front desk just throws a number out there. 1st stay deposit was $50, 2nd stay $100 and this past weekend $200 deposit. Rm was far from resturant, vending etc.

Change the doors!

Doors doesn't close tightly because their are old. One time when I came back at night, my door wasn't close and I was able to open it by just pushing it. An other night, someone was able to enter my room my while I was there. All room are connected by a step from the exterior and at one night some guys decided to have some fun outside, it wasn't my best night.

Restaurant was fine and the situation was convenient.

our stay wasnt good kids boucing balls off our window and A/c unit had to caution them 3 tms no rest

No table and chairs to eat at. The children were bouncing balls off our patio door and air conditioner had to tell them. several times to stop. That took the pleasure out of the stay

Room was very clean love the big glass door

Very Handy to all shopping and central

When we go to our room it was not clean. The bed was not made, and dirty towels were in the tub. They changed us to a room by the door to the stairs so every time someone came in or left the door would bang.

Very Handy to all shopping and central

Days Inn London

There was no hot water when we got up the second morning, very inconvenient with 2 teenage girls!! Was told I would receive a discount but still haven’t!

It was conveniently located, inexpensive and clean. Staff was friendly.

(deskclerk) Chris is the reason i wont be returning.

There was a gentleman named Chris. He was unbelievably rude and confrontational. We returned to our rooms late that night, when we returned Chris showed up within minutes of just getting back bagning vigorously on our door. Initially my brother answered the door and he started yelling at him, i came to the door quickly, within seconds he had his fingers pointing on my face yelling that we were making way to much noise. I asked politely for him to not have his hands in my face, that we weren't intending to make a loud entrance and explained we just returned and all falling asleep within short time. He then yelled i'd better "shut the **** up" or hes calling the cops to have us removed no refund and stormed off. I chased him down the hall asking for his name but he refused until front desk he finally gave it up then claimed "to late calling the cops" because i asked for his name. This was on Saturday March 17 around 4 am. Chris is the reason i wont be returning and this is my second stay. Just way to inappropriate to say to a customer. Thanks to everyone else that was wonderful and understanding.

The female desk clerk was very helpful with completing my discount and questions.

Very close to the highway was a bonus as we were passing...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They had no hot water in the morning

Very close to the highway was a bonus as we were passing through. Large mall across the street aided us in stocking up on various supplies.

Very good experience, the room was the right price and it took care of all our lodging needs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bed was comfortable and having the restaurant right there was awesome.

We were there from out of town as my son had surgery at St Joseph's Hospital the next morning. Everything was very nice and my wife and I enjoyed our breakfast very much. When it came to booking out I was next and the person at the front desk asked me to hold on while he dealt with a person who was waiting over by the door. I was out of time and had to just hand him the key cards and leave as we were behind schedule with the wait to book out.

Great but get a different room

We were near the area with cleaning ladies so they were banging around going in and out throughout the night which was disruptive to sleep at times

How kind front desk was and easy check in process

The only thing good was the manager but I can’t remeber her...

The hotel is in terrible condition. Please update the hotel or change the website pictures. I booked the king bed and the mattress was so terrible and room was so dated, carpet was 30 years old with lumps in it I asked for another room.

The only thing good was the manager but I can’t remeber her name.

Good value for the price

The hotel is close to where we wanted to spend our time in London. The room was clean and comfortable but the furniture is dated and the front door was really stiff to open An extra chair in the room would’ve been a plus.

Cant say too much here, we were in town for a birthday...

Cant say too much here, we were in town for a birthday celebration, and did not use the facilities, just needed a place to sleep. Check in went smooth, access to our room was easy to get at, the room was very clean and tidy. The beds were a bit firm for me, but not uncomfortable. We arrived back to the hotel very late and checked out very early the next morning. Check out was quick and smooth. If you are looking for a quality location to sleep that is inexpensive this is your spot!

Everything was good , the room size was perfect, stuff was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Old style , no elevator for the second floor

Everything was good , the room size was perfect, stuff was friendly , the location was good and there’s microwave and fridge inside the room.

Will not be staying here again, old & dated.

Sheets were horrible, scratchy and not comfortable at all. Bed was hard. Stayed two nights and room service was minimal between the two nights. Not impressed with decor/standards/age of building & room. Won't be staying here again. We visit London several times a year to visit family. Would not recommend this hotel.

You get what you pay for. Would not stay here again.

Room was very dated. Wallpaper peeling and carpet lifting. Room was freezing and could not get heat to work. Beds were not comfortable. T.V. Remote was not completely functional.

It was quiet. (Probably because nobody was staying here). Bathroom was updated.

The staff know me because I stay so much, it’s nice to feel...

The night was loud, could hear snoring from another room. At 3 am someone went thru and was knocking on all the rooms down the hallway it was the worst night sleep I have had there

The staff know me because I stay so much, it’s nice to feel more like a guest than a credit card number

Thank you...will be back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Could have given me my breakfast coupon at time of check in. Very minor inconvenience. I asked the waitress as to the process.

Great service all around. Very approachable.

Housekeepers were so loud in the morning.

Housekeepers were so loud in the morning. They were literally yelling down the all at each other and talking super loud outside of our room. This was at 9:00 in the morning.

Quite satisfying, with everything close by.

The pool is only for none winter time,a dome between the buildings would allow 4 season use of it, and they already have the courtyard between the buildings.

A good night stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There are no elevators (that i could locate) but there are only two floors and so it's manageable.

It is conveniently located near a highway access to the city, is clean and has very friendly staff.

We survived!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room was in need of updating chair and bedding had holes. It stunk really bad!

The staff were very kind and wanted to help. I booked a smoking room by accident. They offered my money back because they had no other rooms. The city was booked solid so we had no other option except to stay. Bathroom was clean.

It was okay, but we are not fussy people. As long as bed is clean and we have hot water,it's good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfy. As for the genius perk, we did not get the discount even though we did not get our room looked after during the stay. Plumbing was a bit noisy, as were the big trucks starting outside at 4 am.

Great overnight stay.

Nothing really.

An inexpensive overnight in London. The only hiccup was we weren’t sure whether it was pet friendly or not. When we arrived we discovered it was not and my husband and pet dog had to make other arrangements which was quite easy.

For needed a room last minute the price was right and location was perfect.

Door I was asked to enter was at the other end of the hotel so my car was parked all the way away from my room. The room was clean but bathroom was missing shampoo and conditioner. Maybe put a bottle of water in the room by the coffee maker? I had to go to the variety store to get one. Also the restaurant closes too early.

I decided to stay last minute. My husband had just had heart surgery.i needed someplace cheap and not too far from hospital as weather was not good.the staff was very welcoming and I needed toothpaste housekeeping brought it right up promptly.

Day forever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The giant hill to get from the parkinglot to the main lobby.

Right across from the mall and close to amenities within the city. It was clean and well kept.

This sight is excellent value for money. The staff are wonderful and it is in a safe and superb loca
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some of the beds need to be replaced.

the staff makes this hotel. Some of the beds are older and need to be updated. I come back for the knowledgeable, friendly and professional staff. This sight also has a good location.

Clean rooms

When I had booked the rooms I always make sure to look at the pictures of the rooms, that there is either a couch or comfy armchair in the room as my husband has breathing problems and can’t sleep laying down in a bed. The pictures showed a king bed and a couch over beside it with a night table between them. Unfortunately when we went into the room there was NO couch NO comfy chair just and office chair. Went to the front desk and they said none of the rooms have couches or chairs said they would look for another room at another hotel but our friends had already had been in their room so we couldn’t do that as they were traveling with us. They definitely need to update their photos so it isn’t misleading to the next customer who makes sure to check what the rooms look like. So my husband did not sleep all night as he tried to sleep in the office chair which just made his back hurt. I will be sure to let other friends know that the pictures are misleading if they they are planning on travelling to London and know they won’t book as it isn’t comfortable to sit the bed and watch tv.

The rooms were clean, tv worked well as did the wifi and coffee maker just not enough...only one whitener and one sweetener and two sugars so could only make one cup.

Quite satisfactory

The heat was on high when we arrived, and it took quite a while to cool the room off. The first room we were assigned had not been cleaned, but it was no problem for the staff to move us to a clean room. Now, it was Christmas Day, and so perhaps the hotel was on low staffing -- understandable.

The bed was very comfortable; the room was clean.

It was great value for the money.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The smoking room stunk needed to be aired out and exit door near my suite didnt work. The mattress seemed to need replacing.

Staff was great and rooms were clean.

It was a positive experience and the next time I am in London, I will return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The need to use a credit card. Since having my identity stolen twice, I prefer to pay cash. I also wish the hotel had an elevator.

The room I was in was easily accessed. It was quite comfortable. I really liked the restaurant that was part of the hotel.

Handy Location.

Bathroom was a little delapidated.. Only one soap and no conditioner. No pen or note pad in this room.

Great location. White Oaks mall was across the street. Lots of good dining near by.

The staff are amazing!

I think there were 5 pillows on the bed and I couldn't find one that I liked. Also, there were 2 of us and only 1 regular coffee pack in the room, the other was decaf. 2 of each and more sugar (2 packs for each coffee) would have been nice. I did mention it to the desk clerk and he said I should have called down and they would have brought one up, that is their job. I don't like to bother the staff with silly requests since I know they have more important things to do.

The best part were the staff, everyone from the front desk clerks, the server in the restaurant and even the maintenance men we met in the hall were so nice and ready to help. Also, we paid for our breakfast at the time of booking, saved maybe a dollar each. The egg yolks were a normal size! Most often even in a high-end restaurant the egg yolks are tiny. The bed was very comfortable and our bathroom was newly refurbished.

Basic Hotel, needs a refresh

Old and dated, bathroom not cleaned properly, found stains on the sheets of one of the beds. Needs to be refurbished.

Good location, very friendly staff.

Comfortable but rough around the edges.

Wallpaper peeling off the wall in bedroom. There was a computer chair but no desk in the room as advertised! Tub faucet was constantly leaking.

Bed was very comfortable.