Reviews of Days Inn & Conference Centre by Wyndham Montreal Airport 3 stars

4545, boul. Cote-Vertu Ouest, Ville Saint Laurent, H4S 1C8 Dorval, Canada

#14 of 19 hotels in Dorval

We'll situated and easy to get to when there is no...
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Bathroom. Very small for the toilet and bath part. Also you can't take a bath. No plug. So you are limited to a shower.

We'll situated and easy to get to when there is no roadwork.

It was just an overnight stop on arrival into Canada before picking up an RV. Met requirements.

There was a payment put on my Credit card which was later removed. Believed it to be for the breakfast we had and paid for at the restaurant with a Canadian dollar card. This caused some concern and checking of credit card until it vanished.

Hotel was ok for a overnight stay, but don't rely on the wake-up calls.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I asked for a wake-up call that I did not get. Luckily I had set the alarm on my phone. The reason I did not get a wake-up call which I discovered in the morning was there was no phone in the room.

The shuttle bus was convenient and on time. Hotel was fine for an overnight stay and seemed a little cheaper than other airport hotels in the area.

Do not expect much rest

The beds covers were stiff and I got a reaction from sleeping on the pillow covers. I also got zero sleep! The bar, though small, was open all night and you can hear everything that was going on.

The staff were friendly and the hotel is very close to the airport.

Good value, comfortable accommodation.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Clean, quiet, comfortable room. Friendly staff. Excellent proximity to restaurants and grocery stores. Well-organized and timely shuttle van to the airport.

restaurant staff were pleasant and helpful
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Very disappointed. Blizzard conditions on the East coast made arrival impossible. When I tried to change reservation, booking.com and desk clerk would not help. Every other booking service offered free cancellation. Felt like a scam.

restaurant staff were pleasant and helpful

Receptionist ladies super nice.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Lots of running/loud children. 6am kids yelling in hallways. Took 1h to get my room, door didnt open to my first bedroom.

Receptionist ladies super nice.

Average
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I tried to call to get direction. There was no answer. When I finally got there without help, there were a few guests already waiting. There was no one at the reception and the two phones had been taken off the hook. I wondered if something bad was going on. About 10 minutes later, the employee returned and without an explanation assisted us like if this was normal. The bar closed at 11 which seems a little early to me but I appreciated that I was allowed to take my glass of wine with me to the room. Barmaid was very friendly.

The place was quiet and not far from the airport once I found it. The barmaid suggested a restaurant that delivered. It was appreciated and the food was good.

Ok

Our room was not very clean. The plug ins were broken and 2 were hanging from the wall (dangerous for my kids and to try to charge my phones) The shuttle service was an issue fir us. We were told to be at the shuttle @ 5:50 am and they called us at 5:45 to say they were waiting for us and were full.... we had to wait and cams within 5 minutes of missing our flight.

Location directly on highway, easy to reach

Hotel has major lack of maintenance - clearly hasn't been painted in a long time, light fixture broken, door keycards were unreliable, airco unit appeared to come loose from wall.

Location directly on highway, easy to reach

Couldn't wait to move out. Good I booked only 1 night out of my 5 nights in Montreal
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Very eerie hotel. Like in the middle of nowhere. Need car to go anywhere else. Nothing nearby. Stay only if you only want a place to stay near the airport for a day or so, if no other hotel is available nearby. Very scary with long corridors, like in a horror movie.

Airport shuttle is quite good, very flexible. Will drop and pick us when we require, even though they have scheduled timings.

Absolutely terrible!!!
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

So outdated!!! Very noisy, airport was the least of the noise issue. Could hear everyone talking in the next rooms also toilets and showers paper thin walls!! People were screaming up and down the hallway at 3 am and someone even tried our door. We booked for two days but was so unhappy after not sleeping we checked out before 7 am. The first thing the clerk told us is we wouldn't get a refund and we said we didn't care we just were not staying here another night. Had to ring for permission to leave parking lot.

Comfortable

Just they charge more taxes per night I didn’t expect theme to charge me more than 40 dollars just for taxes mean next time even its a great place location and service but I will not going there next time.

Very clean great location great service

the shuttle was super convenient.

the shuttle was super convenient. My flight was 6 am. The shuttle is running 24 hours and every 30 minutes. It helped me to get to the airport on time for free.

The bed was comfortable but wouldn't choose to stay there again for the price we paid.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Signage to get to hotel was not very good. Difficult location to enter hotel premises as it was one way outstide of hotel. Our room was extremely hot when we arrived. We turned air on and went for dinner. There is a trucking facility adjacent to the hotel and the trucks were started and revved at 5am. Very disturbing when trying to sleep. Older hotel retrofitted. Vacuuming not done at headboards and side of bed. Found a pill on the rug near there. Good thing a child or a dog didn't find it as that could have been detrimental for sure. We were in Montreal for business/leisure and needed to stay another night and had to switch rooms as the room we were in was previously booked. Not a lot of effort put into trying to keep us in same room. Also the elevator is extremely small . Fits 2 people and a bit of luggage.

Bed was comfortable

Aging Days property with no services after 9. Airport way-stop.

Slight musty smell near the bathroom. Water pressure was poor. One elevator serving entire building, so tie-ups and waits.

Close enough to the airport so we could drop off rental car and shuttle back. Basic one-night, near-the-airport accommodation.

Talk to hôtel directly to get what you need.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Need a little tlc for property maintenance but ok for the money spent. The big surprise is about the weekly parking fees of 125$ when not on package deal directly from hotel. Booking.com did not pass the information that I provided in the special request section.

Easy access from major highways

Very noisy place to stay - not for light sleepers

Extremely noisy- I could hear the "neighbors" talking through the walls and lots of doors slamming loudly up and down the hallways all night and morning. There was a rollaway bed left in the hallway outside my room that was there when I checked in and still there when I checked out 2.5 days later. Carpet was very old and threadbare. The person attending the desk when I checked out was slow and not at all friendly- and based on other reviews, looks like I'll have to double-check that the price I am charged is what I was quoted on booking.com

Bed was comfortable, room was clean and fairly large. Happy that they provide free parking. Wifi worked fine.

Horrible
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

I was overcharged as I was guaranteed to pay $115 including taxes and fees and then when I arrived I was charged $156. The front desk wouldn't accept another card to pay for the room either. So, no it was not a good experience at all.

Not much

did not like the fact that i booked a 2 rm for 3 people...
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

did not like the fact that i booked a 2 rm for 3 people per rm and having to all sleep on one bed the entire experience i have from the moment i booked the room with booking.com and through my stay was bad

Spacious room and clean
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The request for a kid's bed wasn't completed until our arrival. The staff who completed the task didn't care about placing it decently in the room

Spacious room and clean

A great short stay before heading off to your holiday hotel

The toilet was very close to the wall. The elevator was very small and smelly and dirty.

The size of the room was nice and large. And the price and location was extremely convenient

Good place for the money.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

1.- Some Hardware are very old. For example the card reader of the door,...fails constantly. 2.- They told me last day the credit card system had a problem, they replaced the reader, and they charge the total amount again,.... Now, I have two pending transactions, and I hope American Express delete one.

1.- Location. 2.- The Parking Lot.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The property does not provide breakfast or snacks.

Read my comments above

The property does not provide breakfast or snacks. Had to ask for extra towels but only provided for a single occupant when our registration and booking clearly list the occupancy was for me and my wife. While we booked the room in advance they put us on the furthest corner of the model (3rd floor by the emergency exit). Asked to change the room and they said they were booked. However, an hour later they were registering a tour group of 40 people from china. The owners are also from China and in my opinion they prefer tour bookings. Value far below booking price. I had booked into this hotel while under different management and it was much cleaner, quieter and services were prompt and pleasant.

A great stay but unfriendly staff
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The staff was not pleasant and very rude. I was called by Marcela (an employee at Days Inn) informing me my credit card declined and they will have to cancel if I don't provide a new credit card. It is interesting how the call came to me when I arrived at the Montreal airport on the day of my check in. When I went to check in, Marcela said by policy they have to cancel so she did me a favour by calling me because her boss said to cancel the reservation right away. It is interesting that the hotel will cancel a reservation without informing the client. I would have been stranded with out a hotel for the weekend. How rude of her to impose her act of kind gesture yet give me so much attitude.

The location and parking was a significant asset.

Worst hotel ever

Far from the city Very old and not renovated... poor bath with drain problems, we had 3 rooms and they are all with the same drain problem. No hot water, we couldn't take a bath, we had 7 kids that we couldn't wash them. Overall we will never come back

Close to Hwy

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Good, comfortable for a family for a night or two

Bed wasn't as comfortable as i thought woke up with minor back pain. Gap below the air conditioner was letting in cold air

Overall the room was big and clean. Nice to have the toilet and bath area separate from the sink.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Not what qas expected for the high price.t

The price was too high for the standard of hotel. No breakfast included. The hotel needs to be updated. Wallpaper in corridors coming off. Doors were painted dark brown to try and make them look new but they need replqced. Bathroom very small - toilet very small with the door just clearing the space.

The location off the highway was good.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Staff should be trained in Customer Service

Staff members were absolutely horrible at customer service. The restaurant is almost completely disconnected from the hotel so we could not ask for bowls/plates or any room services if the restaurant was not open. Completely terrible internet.

Resturant was fine

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

There was absolutely no parking on all 3 days that we stayed...

There was absolutely no parking on all 3 days that we stayed - and were told to park at the commercial building beside the hotel. So if we get towed or there are damages who is responsible since we aren't on hotel property and were advised to park there. Also we called in for room service and were told its not available because someone called in sick. We will never stay here again and caution anyone from staying here.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Dont stay here

The staff tried to say the room was fine m, tried not to give me my money back, and made excuses for the disgusting smell throughout the entire hotel..

The room smelt like bug spray, the bed has stains on it and the bathroom had mould in it.. I didn't like anything

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Lobby guy wasn't the most friendly.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Lobby guy wasn't the most friendly. Elevator didn't work. Removal of snow would help to be able to park the car. Noisy airconditioning/heating.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Not bad but beware
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The Hispanic maids love to yell in the halls in the morning. My girlfriend and I had a terrible sleep and would have came back if we were not turned off by the obnoxious maids.

The bed and room were clean, everything in there was average to slightly above average.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Staff great, clean, but location without car, terrible

Television reception in room was hopeless, no shuttle bus, if you don't have a car, public bus transport in morning hopeless, location with no car is no good

The staff were helpful, friendly, it was very clean, the room was spacious

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

The room was not clean, there were stains on the wall and...

The room was not clean, there were stains on the wall and windows. The bathroom floor was not clean and there was hair in the bathtub. The food at the cafe was awful, the wine had gone bad and I couldn't even finish the meal as it was obviously heated in the microwave.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

No Shuttle Available...

A full week before leaving for out trip, which was 2 weeks before our reservation, I called the hotel to schedule a shuttle and we were told that we simply had to call the hotel once we were at the designated gate and the hotel shuttle would pick us up. We landed at 1H00am and when I called was told that they didn't have a shuttle and that I should find a taxi and the hotel would reimburse and then was hung up on. When we did manage to get to the hotel we were told by the man at the counter, loudly and rudely, "We don't have a shuttle until 3am." To be told to find my own way to the hotel in an unfamiliar city in the wee hours of the morning is unacceptable by a hotel that obviously serves many people traveling considering they have they airport name in their business. I do not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Great spot off the Expressway.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Not for someone who wants to walk around the neighborhood.

A large clean quiet room with a comfy king bed and free parking. Close to expressway (40) so it was easy to get into Montreal. Perfect for us.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Not a pleasant stay - tried it twice
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Bed not comfortable, very noisy ( sound of compressors and vending machines , bad insulation between rooms), no tissues in the room, no proper quiet mode for A/C

Location and parking were the best 2 things

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Great location for a great price.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The AC as very loud and annoying. The water running in the shower was not clean as we had dry skin and dry hair (a noticeable difference on the skin versus showering at home)

The room was clean and tidy. The staff are friendly and spacious parking.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Avoid
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Very hostile staff. Room wasn't very clean (found lots of stray hairs). location is awful. Dingy, old, outdated, and it doesn't help that the front desk staff treat you like you're a leper.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Thé location close to the airport.

The staff - especially the guy in the restaurant - was not welcoming and polite. No smile, no helpful, you felt you disturbed him. When asked, he said he started working at 5AM, not really professional...

Thé location close to the airport.

They charged parking fee for the truck without any notice.

They charged parking fee for the truck without any notice.

Good and restful.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

The restaurant needs improving.

Proximity to the Airport.

Good Breakfast in restaurant.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Good Breakfast in restaurant. Comfy bed and good shower. Fresh towels.

Very helpful staff.

Close to the airport.

Very helpful staff. 24h Bar

Near airport

The price too high

Big beds and free transfer

Close to airport and Walmart nearby comfortable bed clean...
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Trucking yard behind hotel And a noisy generator kept me awake

Close to airport and Walmart nearby comfortable bed clean room

Good value

Linens need replacing

Comfortable bed, easy highway access

Nice to stay

Close to the Airport. Shuttle Service

Good short stay

Old property

Clean and staff is nice and accomodating

great layover
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

very clean modern updated room

Did the job, was convenient for Pierre Trudeau airport.

Bathroom looked tired and needed revamping.

Large comfortable double bed.

bed

curtains did not block light..so you wake up with SUN at 5:30am

bed

only use in transit to airport

Unfriendly unhelpful reception

Large room. Free shuttle to airport.

Only one night stay

Nothing really

Clean, close to the highway, polite staff

restaurant staff were friendly and patient.
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

smell of bleach in the sheets kept me awake

restaurant staff were friendly and patient.

Perfect hotel to accommodate
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

They went out of there way to pick me up from airport even when my plane landed after midnight

Room size,bed comfort

Room size,bed comfort

Close to airport,big and comfortable room

Close to airport,big and comfortable room

Super
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Gim to empty off equipment only two machines no weights The jacuzzi to small

Okay for a short stopover
    • King Room- Non-Smoking

Only one elevator serving the building and a small one Mattress a bit hard Restaurant not operating on Sunday Dated premise

Needs a better restaurant

Needs a better restaurant No breakfast service

On sight Resturant

The in room heating is loud

On sight Resturant

Close to airport.

Reception staff unfriendly

Close to airport. Shuttle available.

The restaurant was closed all day.

The restaurant was closed all day.

Reasonable price compared to other hotels in the area

A bit getto

Near airport , with shuttle service

convient for leaving from the airport

a/c very loud.

had a very good salad for dinner

No bed for 3rd person

No bed for 3rd person Additional cost

Only stayed one short night went to a concert and left very early next morning for a flight to Vanco

Didn't have breakfast

Clean room and Good shuttle.

Wifi speed is not good.

Clean room and Good shuttle. The frequency of shuttle is not too high, but it's ok!

No breakfast on Sundays

No breakfast on Sundays

The location is easily accessible.

The location is easily accessible.

all - cleaning, beds

The rooms need to be updated and repaired.

The rooms need to be updated and repaired.

Will never stay there again

Will never stay there again

Browse Days Inn & Conference Centre by Wyndham Montreal Airport traveller photo gallery