Reviews of Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre 4 stars

30 Carlton Street, M5B 2E9 Toronto, Canada

#62 of 133 hotels in Toronto

Brilliant- friendly staff , good food and room. X
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only minimal thing. We asked for maid to service room so we could had fresh supplies of coffee and tea. We had left the towels as instructed so they weren't renewed. But the sheets where changed on the bed . We were only there 3 nights didn't think this was necessary .

Breakfast was very tasty

Great stay and conciere was helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The size of the room was a bit small but for two people it worked.

The security of the hotel was excellent. Facilities we're great. Parking was available.

Staff were very friendly & helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fitness center needs attention...No water (cooler had out of service sign attached to it) or towels; handles on the elliptical were broken; hand sanitizer containers were all empty. The area around the pool (have to walk through that to get to the fitness center) is slippery tile.

Staff were very friendly & helpful. Nice to have on site parking.

Was what I expected for medium priced hotel in Downtown Toronto on a holiday weekend

Said there was a microwave in the room...there was no microwave. Mini fridge barely kept stuff cold. Room was tiny. Not a lot of moving around space.

Pool was nice. Bed comfortable. AC was excellent. Lots of in room stuff...coffee, shampoo, towels, etc. In-hotel Starbucks was very nice.

The beds were comfortable and the location was great.

There was a fire alarm at 2:30 in the morning and there wasn't much direction from staff. They announced it was being looked in to but we weren't sure if we should stay in our room or leave and the front desk was of course busy as a bee hive. Clearer directions would have made the situation much better. The front desk staff were not that helpful. We honestly weren't sure if the transactions were done or not because the staff member just picked up a phone call in what felt like the middle of our conversation. We might go again but only for the location. The room size was quite small as well. You are paying for the location only.

The beds were comfortable and the location was great.

Functional hotel with many ameneties and friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Last time I stayed here I had issues with the bed, and spent the entire week of a conference with a sore back making it hard to walk around. Since then, I have been visiting an Osteopath and have been mostly without pain for months. During this visit I still found that the bed made my back not feel great the next day. I believe this is due mostly to the pillows not being very dense. In my room, as well as a coworkers room, when we checked in it appeared the secondary bed in our rooms had been sat on or stood on as indicated by indentations on the bed. In my coworkers room it also appeared on the secondary bed that there was red (blood?) smears at the top of the white duvet cover. This made me feel less comfortable with my room as now I am concerned they are not cleaning the beds as well as they could be based on assuming someone may have not used the secondary bed on their stay.

Friendly at the front desk, room is nice and quiet and has a nice aesthetic to it. Restaurant has many options for the breakfast buffet, I am a vegetarian who does not eat eggs/cream so it makes it tricky but I was able to have a meal. Starbucks in the lobby if you are in need of a coffee.

Feels Dated

The property feels dated. The concierge had no knowledge, and gave us misinformation about when the parade route would be blocked off.

Most of the staff was great, and went above and beyond when we were trapped by a parade route. They got a wheelchair for my wife and wheeled her 3 blocks so we could catch an Uber.

I Loved the fact that there is a bath in the bathroom and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I Loved the fact that there is a bath in the bathroom and not a shower on its own. I love to take a bath, but do not like to showerI also liked the computers next to the bar that I was allowed to use.

Great breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Taxi booking through hotel was at least 30% more expensive than regular taxis, hotel personnel probably take a commission out of the paid amount. Taxi booking through hotel not recommended

Great breakfast

Fantastic 1st visit to Toronto

Nothing negative to say.

Excellent service by the friendly staff. The buffet breakfast at the restaurant was great value for your money and the food was fantastic as well as the staff. Will be staying here again.

The central location;
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The TV reception - had frequent "NO SIGNAL" interruptions - unbelievable for a hotel in a city like TO.

The central location; the bed was very comfortable, the shower stall was great

Nothing detracted from a great stay in Toronto.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

“Fitness center” a bit lacking and room space was just a little tight, but all in all comfortable.

All was reasonably good with our stay. Staff was very helpful.

Great staff and good location if you like city life.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Expect some traffic noise.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast buffet. The Hotel is located at he corner of Carlton Street and Yonge Street, and you can follow Yonge street all the way down to the Harbour area :-)

Not along expectations
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast can begin at 530 am or 600 and can give separate coupons per individual. It would also help if they have another set of lifts.

There was very poor lift service and the breakfast was not as expectation for the money charged and started later than 630 am. Had to wait 20-40 minutes on most days to go up and down if i was using the lift.

Close to everything.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only one elevator was working during much of my stay. I had to wait over 45 minutes on 4 occasion. Staff did not communicate very well about this situation and when I checked out after my stay nothing was offered to me for the inconvenience. Room was cold even though I had the heat cranked up. Would not recommend or stay here again.

Close to everything.

Never staying there again, but I'd go back to the restaurant
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Regular staff were indifferent and seemed to have problems communicating with each other. It was very difficult to find the overflow parking and security staff were not helpful . The elevators weren't working, which didn't bother us, but it was hard to find the stairs (signage would be nice). There are no snack machines, just pop machines. Our room ( an accessible room) was obviously a retrofit stuck in a back corner and the automatic door opener didn't work. There was a large gap under the door to the hallway. God help anyone stuck in that room if there's a fire.

Restaurant staff and food were outstanding. Housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful.

Great for the location, if you can afford it

The hotel was rather more down at heel than the pictures and the price had led me to expect. The room was cramped, and during the weekend we were there three out of the four elevators broke down, which led to long waits getting to and from our room.

Location, location, location

Good enough

3 out of 4 elevators not working! Big line-ups. Packed elevators..ended taking the stairs. I realize this was unusual but it was not well managed. Workout room under impressive. Street noise and noise from other guests at night an issue.

Room was fine albeit small. Check-in clerk was delightful. Restaurant staff pleasant and efficient. Location is great...super close to subway.

Fantastic staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower was glass and the mirror was right in front of the shower. It seemed odd that they didnt grey out part of the shower doors.

The staff were absolutely wonderful. A gentleman named Nellie who was working th hg rewards desk was absolutely wonderful. He gave us perfect directions and was very friendly. Because if him and the housekeeping staff, we will definitely be coming back. Unfortunately we didnt get the lady housekeepers name. However... They are the main reason we enjoyed our stayso much.

Nice but pricey and a mean front desk.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff treated my boyfriend like an idiot when he tried to check in without me. I had called ahead of time and gave them his name and explained that he would be checking in ahead of time. They still gave him a hard time and he had to get a manager to let him check in. They also charged us a random 100 dollars and we’re still trying to figure out why.

It was a nice room in a good location.

Convenient location (steps from College station).
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Confusing entrances. Not a lot of pickup/dropoff room on Carlton. Our cab had to let us out into traffic.

Convenient location (steps from College station). Decent view from the suite.

Central to everything, on the the subway and street car line...

Having to pay for parking while being a registered guest, paying over 200/night should give you complimentary parking

Central to everything, on the the subway and street car line, very clean rooms, courteous and friendly staff

The staff were very friendly and very helpful!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The staff were very friendly and very helpful! It was a great stay and the location was amazing to I’ll will definitely be coming back in the near future! Thank you so so much!

Good location, decent facilities, starbucks at the entrance...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The wardrobe door was broken, did not function properly. Elevator wait times were very high, one was out of order

Good location, decent facilities, starbucks at the entrance was an added bonus

I wouldn't necessarily recommend, but I wouldn't bar someone from staying here either.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The lighting was nonsensical, and there were leaks in the ceiling dripping water throughout the lobby. Walls were thin and other guests could be heard through them.

Booking last minute didn't affect our experience, I still got a room with a decent view and a large bed as I had wanted.

Not a bad hotel, but did not enjoy our stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom was quite small, it made getting ready very difficult for my friend and I. Also, the air conditioner would not turn off even when we put the heat on and spiked it up to 75, it was still blowing cold air so we had to sleep with our sweaters on. Parking was very difficult to find, I feel like we should have got an email explaining where to go.

The room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very helpful and kind. Very close walk to all amenities.

Convenient location, friendly staff, clean and economical
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The baseboards are missing in the hallways which looks really nasty -- this is an easy fix which would improve appearances greatly. My room was very hot (which I like but most people probably wouldn't) and I couldn't change the temperature.

Every single person of the staff seemed genuinely nice and friendly. Big, clean, nice shower with glass door. Location is very convenient, esp. for U of T or MaRS.

Central Downtown location close to Metro/Subway route.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

1 lift wasn't working so some queues.

Central Downtown location close to Metro/Subway route. Staff were helpful . Breakfast was buffet style with reasonable choice.

Underwhelming for an overwhelming expense.

The manager was rude and minimally helpful. The shoe box of a room had one small window, overlooking a dirty alley and hardly let in any light. The parking was difficult to find and ended up parking i the wrong lot ( it was labeled hotel parking), and paid $50 to park 12 hours; the hotel manager told me that wasn’t her issue.

The restaurant was the only positive of my trip.

Bed was super comfy and very clean!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Very busy and one of the parking elevators were broken. Not a very good view or a big size room for what we paid for.

Bed was super comfy and very clean! The breakfast was amazing! And so were the waiters. They really knew how to make our daughter laugh! Thank you!

Great location but overall not impressed.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I arrived late and tired and should have gone back to the front desk to complain. The room was designed for a wheelchair guest and was in some respects uncomfortable for me as an able-bodied person. The room was cold and I could not get the thermostat adjusted to increase the heat. The small coffee maker appeared to be non-functional, at least for preparing a cup of tea. When I mentioned these things at checkout, the lady said because my booking was not directly with the hotel they had not set aside any particular category of room for me -- because I was late I was given what was left. She offered me a free cup of coffee as a consolation! Not impressed and wondering if in future I should avoid using booking.com if hotels are going to (what seems like) discriminate against me. Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback. Paul

At check-in I was given a coupon for a breakfast - this was very good and appreciated.

It covered the basic amenities.
    • Executive King Room

Was unable to control the temperature of the room. It was unbearably warm. The front desk felt that 76 was a reasonable temperature. ?? The windows were very dirty, making it difficult to see out, or enjoy any type of view.

The breakfast buffet was amazing. The best part of my stay.

Very relaxing and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just the change in price. 3rd night went up $25. I know it said prices could change but when you book thinking you’ve got a reasonable deal then it is disappointing.

Friendly and helpful staff. No problem too big. Able to point me in the right direction. The assistance with transport to the airport. Saved time and ensured I had a safe driver in the snow conditions.

Great location with friendly staff.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

My wife is a vegetarian and the layout of the buffet breakfast was not suitable. We noticed potatoes and other vegie items were next to eggs/sausages and persons used the same spoon for both. The same goes for cheeses and deli meats. This was not acceptable which resulted in here only having toast 95% of the time. Our room was nice but we feel the cleaners did not do proper job other then replace toiletries and made bed. Our bed itch leading me asking a cleaner to replace sheets.

The all staff were nice and friendly at all times. I took the buffet breakfast which had a fair range of items from eggs, sausages, cereal etc. The room was nice and comfy along with the hotel generally. I would like to finish by saying the hotel is in an excellent location being lest than a minute from the bus stop and subway station.

Tiny hotel rooms would be deal at $100 not $165 plus $30 parking.

Mislead by booking.com. Thought there was value as breakfast included. It was not. Hotel room overpriced and tiny!!!!! Not convenient to downtown. Cabs cost $15 or more. Towels were scratchy.

Bed extremely comfortable. Bathroom tiny but modern. Staff very friendly

Freezing cold in the minuses room
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room service breakfast was awful. Like really bad food. And I never complain. I had to call just to have it delivered as they were 1/2 an hour late at 8:30am. The room was so cold in the middle of winter. My son is 7 yrs old and slept in his coat. I turned up the heat but nothing. Only a shower. No bathtub. We used it to stay warm Breakfast was expensive, didn't come, was awful. Honestly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

i wasn’t so impressed by this experience, i will definitely go back.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There wasn’t a bath in our room. I love having a nice bath in a hotel. Honestly it isn’t a big deal - there was a pool anyway!! But honestly that’s the only thing. Everything was amazing.

The beds were super comfy. The staff was incredible. The facilities were really nice. It was a great vibe, a great environment. We were really happy with everything.

Great stay for our last night in Toronto - clean and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We would have liked curtains in the room, only a thin blind - fine for us but not the best for light sleepers!

Great stay for our last night in Toronto - clean and comfortable.

The staff was super friendly and everything was very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was super friendly and everything was very clean. The rooms were really small though but that's to be expected in such a busy metropolitan area. My husband and I chose to skip the hotel breakfast which was an additional 18 bucks.

The area the hotel was in was very convenient for our plans while we were there

There was underground parking and our pick up truck was too big to fit in so we had to pay for different parking in a bigger underground lot. I don’t know why u asked about eggs? Was breakfast included? We didn’t have that offered to us

lication and front dedk staff was great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room look tired, walls and carpets not as clean as could be. Noisy at night, very small room and bathroom. The dimed lighting is a must, in full daylight, the walls were dirty and srcuffed.

lication and front dedk staff was great

This hotel provided me with a wonderful sleep after a very stressful and overlong train trip.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room itself was a little cramped (mostly the bathroom) but as I was there for only one night and travelled alone it really didn't matter. It would have been impossible to have two people brushing their teeth in the bathroom at once though.

The bed was incredibly comfortable and the staff was wonderful when I arrived. My train had been 3 hours late from Ottawa and I didn't get to the hotel until 12:30. The staff at the desk was very understanding of my exhaustion and slight disorientation and helped get me checked in and set up as quickly as possible. So much appreciated!

Good value for sightseeing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was a bit disappointing - cold changing rooms and not particularly clean.

Reasonably priced no frills accomodation not far from Toronto's main attractions. Close to public transport and easily within walking distance to many shops/restaurants.

I was everything I needed and will stay there again.

My only minor criticism was the breakfast menu which was not kept hot enough for my liking.

I had a great stay at the holiday inn. The hotel was in a great location and I can thoroughly recommend it. The staff were excellent and the room was very good and cleaned to a good standard every day.

The location was perfect for us as we were visiting with our...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only complaint was that there wasn't a rack in the bathroom to hang more than one damp towel.

The location was perfect for us as we were visiting with our son who is going to the University of Toronto and lives in a student residence very close to the hotel. It was close to the subway and many restaurants and shops. The staff were friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed breakfast.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room was a little small

We enjoyed breakfast. Beds were very comfortable. The room was very clean. Staff were very helpful and polite always ready to help and nothing was too much trouble.

Overpriced
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room is tight and noisy. All night long hearing ambulances. A little overpriced for what you get. Something wrong happened about security deposit within my credit card. Two weeks later and it still blocked on my card. At least they are helping figuring what happened out.

Breakfast is above average in Canada and worth the price if you include it on your booking. It is a walking distance from metro, Dunda square and Eaton Centre. It is not so far from Union Station (I went walking from Union to the hotel I found it ok). Concierge was ok when I did want to buy sightseeing bus tickets.

If I was visiting toronto again would certainly check holiday inn first
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The elevators were a pain waiting shame the stairs weren’t easy to access my only real grumble

Good location everything I wanted had some food in the thirty bar haddock and chips was amazing big portion and tasted great Darryl behind the bar was excellent at keeping the drinks flowing and very helpful

Good for a short business stay.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The rooms are way too small. There was a fire drill 3 days in a row. We were escaping from work and were trying to get some rest but felt that we HAD to leave the room because of the constant alarm sound. 1 day is acceptable. 3 days in a row not really.

It’s central and really close to the shopping mall. There is a starbucks in the building. The staff was nice.

Below average for what I needed and paid!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No tub! And no mention of no tub in the booking. No breakfast included and no mention of no breakfast included in the booking. No hot tub. Way too far away from convention centre! I couldn't walk alone to my location each day and night. That was the whole idea when I booked this!

The front desk clerk that dealt with me on the Sunday morning was awesum and accommodating The bed was very comfortable - pillows just right.

over all enjoyed our stay

king size bed- little too firm for my liking, parking garage has low ceiling with many pipes, trunk of car hit the ceiling in the parking garage......

Enjoyed the buffet breakfast, safety of the building, very close to subway

Great adventure in Toronto and this was the ideal hotel to use as a base to explore the city.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did not like groups of smokers congregating at the main entrance. Bedroom was limited in space.

Great location for walking in the city. Starbucks at the front door and Tim Hortons across the street. Staff very helpful and polite. You can buy discounted tickets to main attractions from the hotel. Beds very comfy.

Nice hotel and helpful staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We booked the taxi through the hotel to take us to the airport on departure I asked the bellman if the charge was via my hotel bill using my credit card and was told it was When we were dropped off at the airport the taxi driver wanted payment Not a good experience!!!

6.0
    Parking was a huge issue and a downfall of the staff not directing properly. It can ruin a visit.

Directions to the parking lot for the holiday inn's parking lot!!!!!!! The staff should be advising that when you drive around the block to the "Hotel Parking Lot" that it is not the parking lot that says "HOTEL parking LOT" - that one belongs to the marriott - but it does not saaaaaaay the marriott. Because we did not know that at the time, we parked at the "Hotel Parking Lot" and when we brought the receipt to the Front Desk Staff, they told us we parked in the wrong lot. That was a horrible start to an otherwise lovely trip to Toronto. The staff need to advise not to park in that lot, but rather proceed to the second parking lot for the hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Location is perfect for activities in the downtown district.

Comfortable hotel in a good location close to amenities.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only disappointments were the size of the bedroom but the comfort made up for that. Housekeeping could have been better with towel provision erratic, towels we wanted to retain taken away and not replaced and coffee pods not replaced. However, when contact was made with reception, replacement coffee was delivered quickly.

Location was very good with easy access to transport and shopping areas. Reception staff were very friendly, efficient and helpful. Staff in the breakfast area were excellent always welcoming and friendly. Concierge staff were very helpful and efficient. Beds were very comfortable, clean and of a good size (had twin Queen room). Bathroom was on small side but well equipped. Good sized reception area with some seating areas. Restaurant, bar and gift shop on site as well as Spa facilities, exercise and pool area. Good lift provision for the size of hotel and room card access was a good security measure.

The bed felt harder for us as Asians would prefer and the...

I would have preferred there's an electric kettle for boiling hot water in the room than to go down to the 2/f to microwave it to make it hot.

The bed felt harder for us as Asians would prefer and the pillows were ok too so I didn't have a painful shoulder as I may have with other hotels this time.

convenient and value.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

AC unit had fluff coming out of it, looked very old. bed cover was worn out although clean. the windows did not minimize street noise, although on 10th floor could hear traffic.

had a great dinner in the hotel, staff were great, and the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

price, and TV went on Wed night.

had a great dinner in the hotel, staff were great, and the driver who drove me to the Westin was awesome. The location was better than i expected! right next door to the old Maple Leaf Gardens.

Great place to stay for visit to Toronto.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The café/restaurant was a little "brisk" and not as friendly as the rest of the hotel.

The staff at this hotel were excellent. Any request was dealt with quickly and efficiently. The concierge was most helpful in obtaining a hire car and taxi giving full and clear instructions on all aspects of hiring the car. The room was very comfy and checkout was great.

Nice staff, comfortable bed, good shower
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bedroom and bathroom were tiny, very small closet, safe was on a high shelf so difficult to reach for small people!Area ok, close to downtown, not so many nice restaurants nearby, lots of cafes though.

Nice staff, comfortable bed, good shower

Needs work.

major issues checking in. they did not want to honor the booking.com price and tried to charge me $700 CAD more than my guaranteed price. charged the wrong credit card, took over 40 minutes to check in. air conditioning broke twice before they moved my room. It was 77 in my room on a 84 degree day.

After multiple problems, my room was moved and my parking comped.

Very comfortable place to stay. ALmost like home away from home.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only negative I had was the restaurant and only because they did not seem to have a great variety of food on the menu for lunch and dinner. It was the same every day so to change it out more with maybe specials would be good.

Loved the buffet style breakfast and the great variety of foods to choose from as well as ordering separately also. Staff was very helpful and prompt. Rooms were really nice. Bed very comfortable. bathroom were a little on small side with limited counterspace but other than that everything else was great. Would definately stay there again and would recommend it. Hotel was centrally located and within walking distance to almost everything.

Initially stayed 4 nights then went to Niagara & returned for 1 more night before flying home.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The family travellers I was with didn't like the scrambled egg - said it often had cheese in it.

Breakfast was excellent. Everything I ate was lovely- the staff were attentive & dining room was spotless.

Booking failed to clarify pricing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My biggest complaint is against Booking.com The final price I paid did not match the price quoted by Booking.com In addition to added taxes, there was a daily "marketing fee" which was added ranging from $7.65 per night to $8.25 per night. Booking quote was $1080. I paid $1257. Booking should reimburse my card for the difference

Hotel location was very convenient so stay was enjoyable.
    • Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Difficult to get ice - no sign on the door and the elevators. I was on 17th floor and ice machine was on 16th. After getting the ice, i had to go all the way to the lobby before i could go back to the 17th floor.

Convenience to subway; sipermarkets especially Loblaw; restaurants; Starbuck; etc. very easy to get around so had a wonderful time. The food from room service was very good too.

I liked my stay but hated dealing with the front desk staff (mainly the two ladies I spoke to)

The front desk staff were not very helpful. I kept repeating myself. What is worse I had to repeat myself to the same person that Booking.com told me they had spoken to and agreed the Amount with. Plus I also had to email her documents even though Booking.com had already spoken to her and agreed the details. The worse was the lady I spoke to on arrival. I had called the hotel before I arrived to explain my situation and was assured it would be ok etc. I then spoke with Booking.com to tell them my situation. They told me it was sorted and emailed documents showing so. However, when I arrived to check in, I had to tell the same story all over again even though I had rang the hotel earlier and told them the story. And there was still a mix up relating to the information I had spoken to them about the day before I arrived and the day I checked out! After the whole mix up I wasn’t even offered an apology. In my humble opinion the problem is, I sense the front desk don’t communicate with one another enough or know what one or the other is doing. I was told I could speak to the Director called Cleo at 7am, but when I came down I was told by another front desk staff that either he wasn’t in today or he wasn’t available. The main reason I came down at 7am in the morning was to speak to him. I was up from 5am trying to sort this out with the hotel and Booking.com on the phone. Only to go down to the front desk and repeat the whole story after being told by booking.com that it would be ok after they spoke to the hotel!

The room was clean. The room looked exactly like in the picture. Most staff were friendly and very helpful, especially the cleaning staff and doorman. The front desk on the other hand in my humble opinion were another matter - more like stuff you see in a horror movie.

It was crazy expensive but I guess that’s what you pay in Toronto.

Bathroom was very small.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating The room had a fridge and a safe. Nice products. Lots of towels. The breakfast buffet was good. Lots of variety and the staff was super accommodating.

Felt trapped due to booking.com policy of no refund. Regardless if you hate the place upon arrival.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The original room view of a crack. I was there for a week and the second room was not clean. Finally 3rd room was better. Booking prices are not better than hotel. Very disappointed and absolutely no value to use your services.

Disappointed, would not recommend to anyone
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Puny little room with no view. It looked like they took a normal size room and split it into 2 rooms with a wall down the middle. Very poor cramped underground parking area. It could not support a pickup truck.

Not much

• Executive Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room's lock was broken, have to call security several times to help us open the door. After it happens 3 times, we have to switch to another room.

As travelling alone can feel awkward going to breakfast but...

Can't think of anything

As travelling alone can feel awkward going to breakfast but staff were very friendly and helpful so didn't mind. Plenty of choice for breakfast.

It was pretty good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was quite a lot of noise from inside the hotel and the light from the corridor shone through the edges of the door so it was quite light in the room all night. If you're a light sleeper like me, you're not going to sleep well.

The hotel was clean and comfortable and in a great location. It's within easy reach of all that downtown Toronto has to offer.

Good city centre hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Good choice of breakfast at reasonable price .Also there was Starbucks in hotel lobby area Nice swimming pool and housekeeping friendly and helpful

The location was close to a lot of breakfast places.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool could have been heated. The sheets cleaned. And less issues with billing.

The location was close to a lot of breakfast places. And in a good location to get to diferent venues

location is pretty good tho!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is no fan in the bathroom. When we took shower in the bathroom, so hot inside the bathroom.

location is pretty good tho! just walk 10 minutes and u will see eaton mall!

Browse Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre traveller photo gallery