Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown 4 stars

209 4th Avenue Southeast, T2G 0C6 Calgary, Canada

#46 of 100 hotels in Calgary

There was construction being done and at one point the elevator didn't work at all. We had to walk down to the lobby.

The bed was especially comfortable. The pool and jacuzzi was terrific.

The whole hotel is under construction. Construction workers everywhere. This was not advertised. I complained on arrival. The reception person said that there was a statement on the construction, but that it was in the fine print, deep in the advertisement, and that it was booking.com's responsibility. I contacted booking.com and they said it was Marriotts responsibility. Totally ridiculous. I found this to be a kind false advertising. My room was noisy with construction noise. The bed squeaked as soon as I sat on it. The shower had little water pressure.I had to change rooms. I won't stay here again. They could do much better.

Have stayed there for over 20 years - great location.

There was construction going on while we were there so there was a little expected inconvenience. We weren't really given instructions on where not to park. We ended up parking in a construction area they blocked off the next day.

The beds were clean and comfortable and the staff were helpful. The water bottles and the chocolates left on the desk were a nice touch!

Lack of communication between staff and customers. Didn’t get notified about renovations until after the cancellation date. Lack of parking. I have stayed with delta many times and this last stay I was very unimpressed. Contemplating ever staying with this hotel again.

Was a whole lot of variety on the menu and , it’s more of Calgary problem but the homeless downtown are creepy

Location is great if you are walking around

I wished there had been couples of slippers in the room

I liked the staff there and we enjoy the walk around the the hotel. There is a Starbucks in 1st floor, so it's good for a morning coffee drinker like me.

I wish I had know the hotel was undergoing extensive renovations. I would not have stayed there. Also, we were kept awake both nights by extremely noisy guests. The desk staff said they would monitor after the first night but things did not improve. Too noisy

I liked the location and on site parking. The restaurant was excellent..

no teeth brush was prepared in the room, shampoo qualities are not that good, and really small, sleeper needs to be delivered by the stuff when you ask

The hotel was under construction so some things weren't accessible but I understand that hotel needed maintenance

Hello, I would like to day that I was genuinely amazed with the service I received. So first off i have never driven in a city before so I made a mistake with directions. I ended up entering the wrong hotel and I parked in the wrong parkade. The mistake was 100 percent my fault. So when I found the right hotel I talked to Phillip at the front desk. I told him about how I parked at the wrong place and he went out of his way to make sure I parked in the right spot then I told him how I had to pay a parking fee. He took it off my bill and gave me a parking for the Telus building as they were cleaning their parkade. He made it his priority to make sure my girlfriend and I were satisfied. Every single employee we came across had a smile and asked how we were doing. Also the house keepers were very friendly and the rooms were very clean. On check out Marco made sure we were happy too

The staff didn’t explain well how I’d be charged for the room, so it was a surprise when I found a bill slipped under the door in the morning showing that the whole thing had been charged to my credit card.

Beds were really comfortable and the room was clean and spacious. Building was under renovation during our stay but it didn’t interfere with us at all. Staff were friendly and helpful for the most part.

That it was being remodelled (and I didn't know)- my bad though.

Although the hotel was being remodelled, the service was impeccable. I loved the fact that they sent me via taxi to their sister-hotel the Marriot to use their gym. I know, never the same than being in the same hotel, but hey! they did what they could and it was pretty comfortable too.

The construction was a little intrusive, the heat/water/wifi being out for 5 hours the first day was a little inconvenient, the overall feel of the property was dated and not super clean (good thing they're doing construction I suppose)

The staff were amazing.

There was so much construction going on. No exercise access. No lounge. Confusing parkade with 2 different elevators due to construction. VERY breezy suite due to windows not properly installed. Bathroom was freezing

Room was nice and clean. Price was decent, before all the issues were encountered.

In the website didn’t mention that the hotel was in renovation. We bought breakfast expecting a buffet but they didn’t have it bc of the same reason.

Very nice staff, comfortable beds

It would be unfair to comment given facility changes. However, staff did well.

As the hotel was in the middle of major physical changes, some things were not available. The breakfast, however, was good and the service was attentive and above average from other stays.

The pool was still open during construction, however the directions to the pool changed depending on who I asked. I also had to go back to the room for a towel as there were none at the pool itself. No of this is a big deal - there were simply flaws in clarity of communication.

Horrible! Would never stay here again. Toilet and shower were broken, had to walk across the hotel at 10:35pm to take a shower in an empty room instead of just moving me. Was looking forward to a relaxing weekend and didn't get to sit and relax in my room at all as I waited for someone to try and fix my shower late in the evening. Every floor had a raging party of young men and women going on in it. Avoid avoid avoid!!

Restaurant was good

• Deluxe Junior Suite

Quality of room for money was terrible TV was tiny and way to far from bed Overall was very poor experience and would not recomend to anyone

Bartender was kind

We have a young child with us, and this stay both nights we had very loud neighbors next door and across the hall. The walls seemed paper thin as we could hear everything as though they were in our room- I called the front desk the one night but should have on both because it reallly ruined our first night and overall stay.

We typically enjoy our stays here, which is why we come back year over year.

Lobby under construction, no lounge, dark and dingy first impression. Room on the 19th floor, had 2 windows that fully opened with NO screens!! Completely unsafe

Impeccably clean. Staff very friendly.

Key cards are temperamental but changed and sorted within mins and the front desk where happy to do what ever they could to help

Starbucks attracted and great food in the restaurant

Design was weird but they are currently under construction. At the price I paid for the room I would like Complementary breakfast (or voucher) and Complementary parking included.

Room was nice and comfortable.

Beds a bit soft and would have liked more dining choices or bar/snack food.

Convenient to harry haYes building and other parts of downtown. Staff very helpful and the parking was a big plus.

They were renovating all the lobby. Entering the hotel was so disappointing! Nobody said anything about it before. The heating in the room wasn’t working and they gave us a heater which wasn’t a good solution.

The location is very good

People who pick up the phone should really sound polite.

Booked for 4 people and our room was prepared only for 3 but they immediately brought us towels, anyway. Front desk person was not friendly to begin with since she was skeptic if I booked 4 people through booking, she fixed her mood when she saw that I booked for 4.

no usb jacks to charge cell phone, some of the amenities are a little dated

excellent location for downtown, great facilities, staff very helpful and friendly

Location next to fire station was very noisy. Noisy heating. No kettle or mugs. One tea and one coffee. The one coffee was very bad.

Bed and pillows comfy

There was moldy chicken (in a takeout container) left in our mini-fridge. Made me question whether the room had been properly cleaned, but after further inspection and it seemed the room was quite clean. We also drove a truck and there was limited parking. We had about 2" clearance and all the oversize parking was taken so we had squeeze into a smaller space.

Great rooms, nice view of the Calgary tower and we had an awesome breakfast at the bistro in the hotel

Free parking would always be a bonus. Had to pay $10 per night, which is actually pretty cheap for parking downtown.

Great value, good location, friendly staff

The building is showing its age. The fitness center needs an upgrade in equipment. The cost does not reflect the age and quality of building. It might reflect the location.

Staff were very helpful. Liked the location.

Room was very basic for the price payed. Tub was tiny. Maid woke us up at 9 am when check out was 12. Was noted on booking.com that breakfast was included in the price and it wasnt. Parking at 22 dollars a night was high.

Beds were comfortable.

Sheets and towels were very stiff, felt like they were washed in the cheapest soap or they needed to be replaced

Great location, awesome room, comfortable bed

The location was actually bad. Had to walk 15 minutes to get to any place for dinner. The staff at the front desk made adding names to our reservation (to claim for work) a huge deal. Said it "can't be done when you book with Booking.com". But they somehow managed to do it when I pressed them further ...

The bed was nice

Nothing. Everything was perfect

The bed was extra comfy, the staff was great and we loved the Starbucks coffee option. The elevators were fast! Everything was truly perfect. We couldn’t have asked for anything more

I was charged $40.00 extra for me and 3 guests. The website we booked on didn’t tell us this. One guest had to sleep on the floor. $250 for a cramped stay is too much, especially because no breakfast was included. Also we called the front desk 4 times with no answer, and asked 2x for someone to call a cab, we were told to wait outside until a cab driver saw us and they would pull over. It was -15.

No proper restaurant. Parking was $22/night on top of the price of the room which made it an expensive stay.

Very central and easy to get around. Happy hour in the bar each day. Useful pedways to other buildings which are useful if weather is poor.

The service at the breakfast bar was horrible we ended up walking out and leaving. The beds were so not comfortable. They were hard as a rock.

The restaurant bar was amazing!

The pool and hot tub was directly above my room so I heard the noise of the jets all night! The walls are quite thin, so I could hear my neighbors every move The inroom dining isn’t that great unfortunately and they messed up a pretty simple salad order

The hotel has a huge lounge at the entrance which is inviting

The parking for $22 I'd ridiculous after what you pay to stay at hotel I booked a king room and got a double queen room

Food was good and there was no problem with my dog at the hotel

Everything was amazing!

The customer service at the Delta was amazing! Sofia made us feel like family and was so accommodating. I will always recommend this hotel and will for sure be returning! It was a beautiful hotel for a great price! Thank you Delta for making my friends birthday unforgettable.

We were so tired from taveling the first nite we ordered in a pizza using the ads from the guest book provided in the room. The services and restaurant info was outdated. When paying bill there were extra charges ex tourist taxes so was thrown off my travel budget due to hidden charges not identified when booking

Loved the riverfront and park views. Nice for my morning walk

Pillows weren't the best! Pricey parking! In room coffe was awful!

Starbucks on site, Happy hour! Great location, walking distance to river trails and restaurants and shopping. Very close to the zoo too!

Very professional service. Lovely pool & hot tub. Good breakfast buffet although a little expensive. Our waitress Alison was excellent. Hotel has everything you need on site but is close to other facilities.

We didn't have a complaint other than there could have been more seating in the hotel lobby (the bar/restaurant uses up most of the space). However, we were made welcome to sit and savor a cup of coffee while we checked in for our return flight home.

We liked the central location of the Delta Marriott in downtown Calgary. The room was quite nice with a spectacular view of the Bow River. The bed was comfortable with good pillows. We appreciated the coffee and water in the room. The staff were all very helpful and cheerful in greeting us and providing information. The parking was reasonable and easily accessed. Many excellent restaurants, shops and museums were within walking distance.

Feather pillows! I know, it's a personal thing but it seems the only other option are the lumpy chunks of foam pillows!

Our room had a lovely city view and was comfortably large, breakfast service was very friendly and sufficient with continental and hot selection, check in and out was fast and efficient

Room could be a little more spacious.

We enjoyed the pool and gym, and found the breakfast options good. Handy that the breakfast is available from 6am even on the weekend. Good location, easy walk to downtown, tower, rivers, Fort Calgary, etc.

I know the hotel has outsourced the parking area but my hotel people should have free parking. If i knew this before booki g i would never have booked it in the first place. For two days i paid 33 dollors of parking. Those rates are for weekends

Traffic noise from the busy street disturbed sleep although I was at the 12th floor. Complained to the front desk staff but the responses were "can't give you a different room because of the type of your reservation" and "you may be a light sleeper." Ended up talking to a general manager.

Location in downtown Calgary.

The bell boys are unfriendly at time they didn't even want to answer your questions. The elevator button is confusing and many clients didn't know the way to use.

Location of the hotel and in house facilities like gym and swimming pool. The self served welcome drinks is awesome. Receptionist is friendly.

I wish there was a discount for overnight parking as a hotel guest. It would be nice if a small continental breakfast was included...

Facility was up to date, clean, comfortable and classy. Enjoyed the pool and hot tub. If we had been staying longer, we would have taken advantage of the outdoor space (off the pool area) to sit and enjoy the nice weather, view of downtown.

Very noisy air con in room. Clunked on in the night when set to auto. Too hot without it. Door to corridor quite thin so could hear talking. Returned to room at 2pm for a nap and room was not yet serviced.

Great bar food and drinks at good price. Very accommodating staff. Comfy bed and bedroom.

Room lacks aminities such as small fridge and microwave. Was ok for the one night we spent, but would make a difference if you stay longer. When we check out, we asked the front desk if they could microwave a few sandwiches we had. She wanted to take pur room number so she can ring someone to come take them to microwave. I told her, then said but we just checked out. She said then i can't do it, go to the luggage ppl and they have a small microwave you can use. I went there and asked the gentelman politely but he wasn't happy we were sent to him by the front desk. He said its an employees microwave we use but not for the public. Ok... will let you use it, but you can tell from the tone of his voice he wasn't all that happy. Its a small thing that makes you feel sorry for them- such a small thing and they make this hassle, and i just paid a night stay for two rooms 10 times worth the cost of that microwave or the few sandwiches. Felt disappointed the way we were delt with, for somwthing not that worth it!!!

Were staying at Banff and wanted to spend the night in Calgary so we can fly out easily the next day. Very nice hotel, nice staff at check in and luggage help, good spacious room, and provided an extra bed for our 6yo child. Good lighting and interiors modern. Nice good shower and bathroom. Had swimming pool but we didnt get to use it. Nice location. Cold ac good. Parking was only 10 C$ per night. Good wifi. Allowed us late check out at 1.00

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Valet parking attendants were awesome and the front desk staff were amazing. Once checked in, she asked me to wait one second. She came back with a bag of toys for my four year old nephew. So thoughtful!!

Being very picky: The interior wasn't that modern, all in the price quoted wasn't what we paid and the only extra we had was parking (C$20). Upon arrival the parking also wasn't obvious and we weren't sure we were in the correct place until we drove into in! There was no air extractor in the bathroom.

The location was great, the parking was half the price of the Marriott around the corner, the beds were very comfortable.

When we entered our room ,we found another room key on the floor .Also they provided a few toilet paper and a facial tissue in our family room (4paxs). You may say we can call a housekeeping . Don't you think this is my expectations for a 4 star hotel !

For the whole night you felt like you were rolling to the middle of bed. Plumbing seemed to be a bit of an issue in room as toilet took 6-7 seconds to flush. Also a used ear plug was found under the bed.

Staff was very friendly at desk as well as in the bar and restaurant for breakfast. We were upgraded to a suite at no addintionsl cost.

Parking was difficult in our large ford truck but we managed to manuver it into the very full "oversized vehicle" area. Plus there were many small vehicles parked in this area which made it more difficult.

Restaurants such as The Keg and Joeys Eau Claire are within walking distance !

The towels are so old and crusty and bad. Please get some new towels. Rest everything is amazing.

Dealing with the evening check in staff- one Asian girl In particular. Rude. I booked two rooms one for my daughter and one for myself. I arrived early and got a key to both rooms. When my daughter arrived she only gave me three keys to two rooms with six people. It was inconvenient. She didn't listen to what you said even though there were two keys already programmed and waiting done by the afternoon staff. Made me annoyed. Rooms smell musty.

Location was fantastic.

The Tea and Coffee facilities in the room, I know it is done for convenience. But I Hate cardboard cups.

The helpfulness of the staff. The Cleanliness of the room

No safe in room (at least not that we could find). Breakfast buffet food was not very good, tho service was friendly.

Room was clean, 2 queen beds as advertised. Good location.

Parking was $22 for the stay

Great view and nice open bar/restaurant area in the lobby. Close to long river path so can run, walk easily close to hotel and go to big park on an island

Not much around the hotel, and the hotel wasn't up to the usual Delta standards, I wouldn't stay here again.

The Hotel was near the river and pathways

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Parking is not included in the stay. Don't find out about it till afterwards

Ok hotel if it was the booking.com price otherwise it would have been overpriced

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything else. The front desk ladies when we checked in were rude, the room was dirty and we were not treated with much respect. The only good thing about the hotel is the pool/hot tub and the valet/bellhop guys.

The valet guys were really nice. The pool and hot tub were good too.

The eggs in the buffet were artificial ... the beds were too soft, sore back the next day. Not allowed to check out late.

Great location, Friendly doormen

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Bed was OK.

Croissants were stale, actually. Entire dining experience was more than disappointing -- compared to previous stays under old ownership. Hotel has gone from first-class dining to over-priced bar food. TV remote did not work when I was trying to find restaurant listed on it in hotel facilities. No one answered the phone when I called the number to fix the problem with the remote.

The temperature in the room was in constant flux the heater and Ac would kick in full blast when the room got half a degree out.

The view was great and we were in walking distance to the BMO center. Right above China town could walk there in 2 minutes. Also the hotel is part of the plus 15 walkways.

I never write bad reviews, but my experience was truly brutal! I paid for parking, that wasn't available. When I told the front desk this they sent me on a tour to some other parkade. Drive down two blocks, make a left, then left again and park in the Telus building. Are you serious? When I got back to he hotel the first night, I had forgot my key in the room and the security guard was confrontational. When asked for method of payment I selected cash. In the morning before check out I got a receipt under my door saying they had already charged my card. The towels were brutal!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Front desk staff was not the friendliest or easiest to deal with. Professional but cold.

Sauna and hot tub being accessible at six in the morning is much appreciated by this early bird.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Tried to save some money by paying with our debit, don't like using credit. The only way they would accept debit is if we paid $600 as a damage deposit even though we booked with our visa debit card. They say it's policy but it's nowhere stated in their information. Should we have been notified of this before going to check in we would have made arrangements to have the extra $600 available. They were completely unwilling to work with us at all.

The staff were amazing, the location is great & parking was excellent. We had breakfast at the restaurant and the servers were the sweetest & the food was fantastic. Would definitely stay here again!!

I would have liked more vegetables with my meals.

The best part of my stay was the staff. Everyone took very good care of me and made me feel that it was truly important to them that I was happy with the food and the service.

-The fire alarm went off right when we were just about to sleep. -the shower needs some updating.

The bed was really comfortable for me. Also, they have Starbucks at the lobby.

I was surprised we had to pay extra for parking at the hotel.

Clean facility. Quiet. Comfortable beds and furniture. Easy access to what we needed. Easy to get to.

Browse Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Downtown traveller photo gallery