Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Calgary Airport In-Terminal 4 stars

2001 Airport Road Northeast, T2E 6Z8 Calgary, Canada

#42 of 100 hotels in Calgary

Suggestions for improvement: Can offer shower cap. Can have duvet covers instead of sheets.

Good location. We were allowed to take airport trolley to the room very convenient.

I wouldn’t say I disliked anything . We only had 1 bath towel in the room which was a slight inconvenience but as we were only there overnight it wasn’t a problem.

Arrived on a late flight past midnight and staff were very friendly, check in was quick. Convenience was the only reason we stayed here.

The pool looked lovely but it's location in the reception area was a little strange!

Great hotel ideally located for the airport. We ate in the restaurant and were most impressed with the standard of the food and service. Bar good with lovey staff. Thank you to the team for a great stay!

It is a little dated in the rooms. The lounge is dark with ripped seats. Not wrong, just needs a facelift

Location to the airport was great for an early flight

• Queen Room

Usually I pay through booking.com but on this occasion, the hotel charged me. They also charged an additional $100 'deposit' fee which I wasn't aware of, and charged me a pretty crazy fee for their breakfast ($46 for two people who had a few eggs and a piece of toast from the buffet!!!) I was under the impression from booking.com that breakfast was included, otherwise I would never have ate there.

We needed a place to rest between flights and this provided a great, convenient option.

Nothing negative.

Beyond everything above the staff was outstanding! From arrival to checking out they more than met our needs; they were very courteous.

Bathroom could be updated a bit

FAST check-in/check-out and strong customer service skills from the front desk. So convenient to limit travel before a.m. flights.

• Queen Room

Could not take a shower. Shower head not working properly, broken. Hardly any water coming through shower. Room very hot or to drafty if the blower heater is on.

Bed is good

Absolutely nothing.

A bit aged, but nevertheless state-of-the-art, the Delta features an indoor swimming pool, a great bar, a hot tub and great, cozy rooms. It is excellently located, just opposite the terminal building, and can be reached through an overhead walkway even without exiting the airport buildings. Upon learning that our vacation in Canada was the much-needed reward for a major accomplishment, we were upgraded to their amazing Jaccuzzi suite! What a nice way of starting our first vacation in Canada ever! Benjamin from the front desk did outstanding work, thank you so much!

Location - was an overnight on our way home to New Zealand. Quiet and comfortable with a late check out. Light meals in the bar - just what we needed.

This is the ideal hotel for my travel purposes. What's not to like?

Staff is friendly and familiar and happy to see me return. I go there often as I live out of town and sometimes leave too early, or get in too late to connect with the shuttle to my home. Always delighted to stay at this hotel.

the breakfast buffet was really bad and not cheap. and the hotel is really old (looks like it hasn't been renovated for many years)

conviniently located at the airport

I had to call the front desk 3 times about a few additional items that we needed in our room.

Bed was very comfy and the experience is one just for the travellers who want to get to their flights without hassle of transportation. Carts are just across the airport departures roadway .

• Queen Room

The coffee is terrible, the buffet breakfast was cold and not good value for the money. Room could use a good cleaning around the edges where the vacuum does not reach.

Bed was comfortable, bedding clean.

• Queen Room

The whole place is clean but very tired looking and in some places shabby. There was a piece of skirting board hanging off in the corridor outside our room and worn seats in the bar where we ate. I was also disappointed to find no creamer ir milk in the room for coffee. As we had a 4am start for an onward flight I really didn't appreciate having to go to reception to get some in my PJs.

The bed was extremely comfortable. This was a bonus after a long flight.

I found it a little difficult get there. Valet parking expensive.

Very good value. Very nice hotel. Bed was extremely comfortable. Great view of the pool and courtyard. Rooms are spacious.

Bathroom could do with update only one light working in ladies changing room in gym

Staff very helpful had my steak with extra roasted asparagus rather than carbs at their suggestion delicious

• Queen Room

My check in experience was awful, the lady who helped me was unfriendly and not welcoming She didn’t explain any relevant information to me There was a charge that I was unaware of that caused me issues. When I asked for detailing on my bill, she seemed unaware and unable to help. That being said she was helpful to others of a more mature age, I feel because I was younger than others staying at this hotel,!she felt that she could talk down to me and treat me like I was her lesser.

THe food was excellent could not fault it Perfectly prepared and tasted amazing

So easy to just get off a plane jet lagged, walk straight in with your luggage and get to you room, no taxi rides, no long check in queues, fab. Benjamin on the front desk was excellent too.

• Premier King Room

On Booking.com it seems as if this hotel is the closest in distance to the airport but in fact you have to exit the airport and cross the road - which when it is late at night and very cold is not ideal. The hotel is old, and while they have renovated it with a lick of paint and some mod-con’s it requires a proper trip into the 20th century with respect to central heating, lighting and decor. The lighting in the rooms is not great - but I suppose hides the awful stucco on the ceiling !

The beds are super comfortable and large with crisp sheets and great pillows.

It was expensive, and the rooms were small and dirty, there was hair all over in the tub, both of the times I stayed, Pee stains down the front of toilet and onto the floor where it had dried. And it looked like it hadn’t been vacuumed, And the after midnight food that’s offered is not very good!!

I enjoyed how close it was to the airport

• Queen Room

The door to the bathroom was too narrow for a wheelchair. The only option for a wheelchair accessible room was one with only one dubble bed which is okay when travelling alone, but not with family.

Clean room. Comfy and warm room and bed.

Easy check in and out. Helpful staff. Our flight was several hours late to arrive so they extended our check out time so we could sleep. Good breakfast.

Very small signage in and around airport/ hotel. Difficult to find , until you know what to look for. Small round delta hotel sign.

The bed was very comfortable

The hairdryer didn’t work. However it was quickly replaced with one that worked.

The location is excellent for an overnight stop, if you’re arriving by plane.

Great location, staff were very friendly, room was exceptionally clean and big. Bed was comfortable as well. Facilities overall were excellent.

not a thing!!!!

The location, the fact the room was located in a very quiet spot, cleanliness, the comfort of the bed as we had to get up early to catch a flight

• Queen Room

Nothing could have been better. Staff bent over backwards when I came in and even offered to accompany me and take my luggage to my flight the next morning. I would certainly stay there the next time I am in Calgary!

The bed was awesome. I was in Banff at a wedding and decided I would rather be at the airport than driving at 5 am from Banff for my flight. I saw the Delta hotel when I dropped my daughter at the airport on Saturday. It was perfect!

The room was not very clean, found hair in the bath. Breakfast was poor unfortunately, especially paying 25 dollars extra (food was super cold even though we were some of the first guests there). For room service they delivered the meal in full on plastic packaging, which is really too bad!

Convenience of having the airport nearby. The staff were friendly. Great for letting us stay there with our service dog!

We stayed here after a 19 hour flight before heading home which is 3 hours away. We stayed for the convience its directly across the airport. We just had to walk..no waiting for a transfer bus to pick us up. Which sometimes can take 30 minutes to 45 minutes for them to pick you up. Staying here was the best decision ever, it was convenient, super clean, the front staff were friendly. I reccommend it 100%.

When checking in I was by myself and while standing in line 3 airline crews came in and they checked them in ahead of me.

The location so close to airport,

Beds very comfy, the breakfast buffet excellent and the location at the airport phenomenal! Overall a great, convenient, short stay! Would recommend to anyone!

Pillows are too soft and bathroom very small.

Location was excellent location for early morning flight and we were able to check into hotel early after dropping off the rental car

Breakfast buffet poor. We upgraded to a suite and room still not overly great.

Excellent airport location. Efficient staff. North 40 dining restaurant was a good experience

Our flight landed very late at night and the staff was so friendly to us. They were also so helpful in giving us tips and suggestions on what to do and see in Banff National Park. I also loved how close it was to the rental car center since we needed to pick up a car early the next morning.

It's a dingy, outdated hotel. There was hair in my bed, some outlets didn't work, and the fan in the room didn't work.

It's very close to the terminal

Poor lighting, old furnishings, crammed space.

Nothing as it was overpriced for the deluxe king room that had very cramped space and smelled moldy with the smell of cooking nearby

• Queen Room

I don't think checking in early when your room is made should constitute another night fee. We had to sit in the airport for 5 hours because they wouldn't let us check in early. We took the only flight we could take We were exhausted and would have been nice to at least be comfortable

The gentleman in the pub was amazing. The rest of the staff were great.

North 51 steak house restaurant is closed on Sat and Sun; guests have no choice but to "dine" at the run-down, dismal bar area. Food was marginal. Drink was small. Menu uninspired. Really disappointing. Bad, in fact.

Linens were smooth and soft; bed and pillows were comfortable. The desk agent (Kayot?) was so very cool! He remembered me from one year ago. Very very friendly and helpful.

Air conditioning too noisy and no safe in the room

The pool and the Jacuzzi and the ease of getting from the airport to the hotel . Very easy to get into downtown Calgary

I didn't think the staff where that friendly in the reception . The staff in the bar/ restaurant where very good !!

The beds are reallllly good . Get a great nights sleep before travelling long distances in the airport the next day !

• Queen Room

The bath was really uncomfortable when you tried to lie back in it. Everything else about the room was spot-on though.

The staff were really friendly, the room was comfy, it only took a few mins to walk there from arrivals and the breakfast (buffet) was AMAZING!!

Breakfast was gross, scrambled eggs and bacon overcooked and oily. Please is dark and grim. Carpets look filthy! Place serves a purpose and that's the only reason you stay there.

We had to check in for our flight at 6 a.m. so we wanted to return our rental car the night before. It was a 1-minute walk from the hotel to the domestic check-in area. Although we didn't get to enjoy the hotel for long, it was very well soundproofed with a comfy bed, fluffy pillows, dark shades and a Keurig machine to make our first coffee of the day.

The main attraction for us was the proximity to the airport. The staff at the hotel were very helpful and as I have indicated by my scores we enjoyed our stay for reasons other than proximity to the airport.

• Queen Room

I asked for a quite room, instead they put another hotel guest right above me who checked in at midnight. The paper thin walls made this very apparent. Additionally, the other hotel guest flooded their bathroom which drained into my bathroom through the water sprinkler. When I called the front desk nothing was done. The room was dingy, old and did not feel secure as a woman.

• Queen Room

Hotel rooms are old and dated, which is not so bad if it kept clean, which it was not. At night time there was a terrible sewage smell. Staff were very polite and friendly but offered little in the way of support for the cleanliness when it was reported to them nor did they offer anything when they were told their room service food was burnt. While there are a plethora of restaurants to choose from at the airport across the road they are more pricey since it's at the airport.

Proximity to the airport our commute took all of two minutes.

Receptionist was not clear about credit card charging amount. Room direction each floor is like a maze.No ant sign when step out from lift. No kettle.Too little in size of complimentary water bottle. Staff at breakfast was not friendly.May be too busy.I saw only 2 staffs at breakfast restaurant. Breakfast has not much choices of veggies.

In airport hotel Hot Tub

Air-conditioning didn't work. The lady who checked us in did a poor job explaining parking options and it caused a lot of undue stress for a first timer at the hotel.

The facilities and bed, bathroom was pretty good. Staff promptly delivered anything we needed.

- Concierge person manning the desk on June 27, 2017 around 740am could improve on courtesy skills. - Location of the ice machine was not labelled, and the room itself was like a furnace. - Corridor air was stuffy.

Concierge person manning the desk on June 26 around 4pm was accommodating.

• Queen Room

Hotel is old but has been recently refurbished.

Michael the front desk staff was super helpful in sorting out our mixed up booking. And porter send our luggage all the way to the check in counter. Excellent for early morning flight

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Nothing comes to mind so I am not even going to try and think of something !

Hotel is fantastically located for air passengers such as ourselves who came in from the UK but couldn't complete our trip to Kamloops until the next day. Rooms are large and very clean, staff are always helpful and chipper. The hotel is connected to the airport, so it's a two minute walk from the terminal across to the lobby. Would highly recommend the Delta Hotel to everyone.

• Queen Room

Excellent location across from the airport. Room was spacious and clean. Staff friendly and answered all our questions. Location next to car rental return was very convenient

• Queen Room

Expensive- but not surprising given the excellent location Expensive breakfast

Really helpful staff who offered onward information Very grateful to housekeeping who found my bag of medication!

• Queen Room

I was suffering with a terrible cold and the young man at the check in desk asked if I would like some tea. What a lovely gesture and most appreciated.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Queen Room

The swimming pool looked great but was on view from every room and the Resturant. I just didn't have the courage to walk through reception to get to it.

I didn't use the Resturant so cannot comment.

• Queen Room

I'm only sorry we were only there for a short night. Super friendly and efficient staff:) Conveniently located tocar rental drop off and terminal I will definitely stay there next time! My girls were bummed the lovely pool area was closed (we arrived too late) So next time...

• Queen Room

Doors slam really loud and the rooms are showing there age. Bit dusty (curtains,corners,etc)

Location and staff was excellent. Sing,Ron and Marc were absolutely amazing and helpful

There was a noisy air conditioning in the room (even the low level). There was also cold in the room and noice from the hall way. Not a very new and neat room anymore! Not much choices in the breakfast buffet.

Comfortable bed. No noice from the air planes. Good coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice in the breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

For the price, the hotel rooms and halls were very dated with a small bathroom and not much in the way of amenities.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. We were only there a short time and did not get to use many facilities.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Queen Room

Heating/cooling in room cycled on and off with a clunk every few minutes waking me up over and over. I tried turning it off but the room got very stuffy quickly so I needed to keep it on. Due to this will probably go back to using Hampton one mile away even though that it involves a Shuttle ride. Maybe was a problem only in my room not sure. Would have tried a different room but I didn't notice it until late when trying to sleep.

Very nice comfortable room, very clean, great staff. Great location - walk to intl gate from hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Queen Room

The hotel phone wasn't working.

I absolutely love the staff and the convenience of staying right at the airport, I stay here at least once a year. The staff are top notch, especially the bell hops, I wish I knew all of their names...David checked us in and brought our bags to the room, he was awesome! The amenities are great, awesome indoor pool and jacuzzi and robes are available at the front desk.

• Queen Room

Bathroom is really small and a bit old deco. Comparative expensive in this standard of hotel.

Right at the airport. We stay here because need to take the flight at 5:00am in the morning

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Queen Room

Some of the fixtures are a little dated. Shower head was poor.

It's great to have a hotel right at the airport. Room was large and clean. Staff were very pleasant.

Rooms are a bit small; not a luxury property, but it's perfectly fine for an overnight on airport

Great location; In-Terminal Airport; Fantastic Customer service. They returned my rental car and filled it up with gas for no extra charge.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Queen Room

Loved the convenience of stepping off the plane and being able to walk over the skywalk to the hotel - no need to go out in the cold. From check-in and check-out to room service and the in-hotel restaurant, the quality and service were excellent.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Queen Room

Staff was excellent and helpful. Took us all the way to our flight check in in the morning and sins the airport has changed it saved us lots of time. Thank you 😊

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

I first stayed in this hotel in the early 80's. Nothing has been done to keep the hotel up to date. Old plumbing, lighting, switches, carpets, furniture, colours. There are many nicer hotels within a short drive of Calgary airport at a much lower price. Until this one is renovated, I will choose one of the others next time.

Location (in airport adjacent to terminal)

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Bathroom was too small. Furniture dated and the light from the smoke detector on the ceiling was bothersome.

The cheeseburger meal was fantastic. Mattress was the best I've ever slept on.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Facility is a bit tired.

Checked in with a dog. Staff gave him a treat. Would have appreciated a bit of help getting to my vehicle with bags and the dog but the convenience of the hotel to the airport after a delayed flight was perfect

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The food in the lounge was very poor , coleslaw was warm, second replacement was still warm, ribs were terrible , looked like they had been boiled and covered with BBQ sauce . Chicken wings were terrible as if they had been cooked earlier and reheated. Very disappointing since Delta has normally good food.

Proximity to Airport

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Queen Room

I fihd that the breakfast buffet was over cooked and over priced for what they had available.

we defineatly liked the bed very much and was very comfortable and relaxing after a long day on the road.. your staff are also very happy and helpful thanks

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

No fitted sheet, made the room feel cheap. Food was overpriced. And perhaps the room itself was a little underwhelming

The hotel was located straight across from an entrance into the airport. Only took 3 minutes to get to security. We were traveling as a family, and they accommodated our 4 groups by putting us all on the same floor even though we had been split up earlier. Very friendly staff, would stay here again

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

I had a last minute booking at the Detla, when I plan landed in a storm much later than anticipated. The staff at both the front desk ,and the lounge made me feel amazing. The best description since I was travelling at Christmas was, I felt like Kevin McCallister from Home alone, at the New York Hotel :)

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

The hotel has a very tired feel and is in dire need of re decoration. The buffet breakfast was absolutely awful. It was dried up,with very little choice and generally poor. This hotel is not cheap and we wish we had stayed at The Marriott in the new Terminal.

The location suited us for our purpose.