Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Fredericton 4 stars

225 Woodstock Road, E3B 2H5 Fredericton, Canada

#6 of 23 hotels in Fredericton

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It is an ok place for a one night stay alone the route.

It is an ok place for a one night stay alone the route. Room wasn’t as clean as it supposed to be. Very dusty. Electric outlet by the bed is not working. Carpet and sofa in the room is stained. Booked with breakfast package, but actually you couldn’t get a full breakfast, it was a credit for your breakfast, and you have to spent more money to really have a breakfast there. Because a cup of coffee will cost you 3.5, plus a breakfast meal, credit hotel gave can’t cover it all.

Montreal comes to visit Freddy

Breakfast choice was good and the staff did the best they could to take care of everyone but VERY understaffed, making the service extremely slow

Friendly staff!!!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Nice place to "get away from it all".

Needed rest, wanted to be near water...so disappointed to see that the beach has been taken over by homeless people. Tub could use refurbishing.

Room seemed "soundproof", appreciated silence. Bed comfortable. also enjoyed the couch for reading. Love the layout for desk, good idea to have chargers for I-pads, smartphones, etc Super clean. Appreciated safety railing in bathtub.

Restaurant employees were lovely

We were promised a microwave by the front desk and it never arrived. Made feeding our food allergy kid very difficult. I gather from other reviews that the front desk often forgets guest requests.

Restaurant employees were lovely

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

On the way home to the US.

I found the room air conditioner created a foggy window and left the room feeling damp. I set the a.c. at 70. The HD channels images on the tv were too large for the screen.

The hospitality. The overall atmosphere.

Excellent value for your money!

The only point of concern was the breakfast / brunch experience. Located within the hotel, the breakfast was included in our room (a $41 stipend), and you could order off the menu or buffet. Would recommend the buffet going forward as ordering from the menu took well over an hour from menu offered, to actually eating.

The property and staff were exceptional. Great location and high-end amenities. Surprisingly good value for money compared to nearby locations at similar rates. Offered a complimentary room-with-a-view upgrade which was appreciated.

I would definitely stay again. In my opinion,the best place to stay in Fredericton.

Every staff member we met was friendly and very efficient and helpful. The pool area by the river is amazing! Very resort-like, and a wonderful place to take a break on a hot day.

i liked the hotel but found it a bit too expensive for my taste.

I find that the food is overpriced for the quality. and the rooms or doors are not noise proof. we could hear people talk and laugh in the hallway until late at night.

the room was very nice and modern. nice bathroom and bedding. the view on the river and the pool was amazing.

Really great stray in Fredericton.
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

Beds weren't the comfiest, but still a good sleep. Could hear people in the halls throughout the night.

Great pool bar! And great view of the river!

Underwhelming for Delta

The pool was cold and i was expecting a hot tub sadly there wasn't one. Also the friend I was sharing the room with was a government worker but they wouldn't honor the discount since we booked ahead of time.

Room was nice and beds were very comfortable.

It’s a great hotel with great staff

There was a lot of noise and people in the corridors acting up and speaking loudly in the middle of the night. Hard to sleep.

The bar is very nice and staff and service were excellent.

Bed was extremely comfy.

The walk in shower in the King Room has some staining. Nothing too bad, but noticeable.

Bed was extremely comfy. Hotel Modern and updated. Staff was excellent. Even offered a free upgrade!!

Spent two nights with my partner and overall it was a good experience.

The Catch restaurant, both of our breakfasts were held there and both times our staff were strange or rude. Though I would reccommend the bagel and lox, none of the other food my partner and I tried were particularily good for the level they claim to hold themselves at, our potatoes were left raw, our waitress was rude, and all in all we were disatisfied by the experience. We spoke to the manager and he gave us his card and told us to come back again and he'll 'do something for us on our next visit'...which is in a year.

Just about every aspect of our stay was perfect, the hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the facilities were clean and spacious, we loved the lounge and it's warm atmosphere.And my favorite part of the stay was the heated salt water pool!We will be back again next year for sure, this was already our second annual stay. We will be avoiding the Catch returant though.

Much disappointment...

When booking this facility, we specifically asked if there was a hottub and were told there indeed was- (a priority in our accommodation). Therefore, because this was a gift and because we were assured there was one, we were highly disappointed when we discovered there was not. As well, we had huge difficulty getting our room heated up.

The king sized bed and the friendly staff...as well as the amazing staff that helped rectify our disppointment thru a credot for one of our reservations. Thank u staff of delta fredericton

It was literally impossible to find a parking spot at the...

No parking

It was literally impossible to find a parking spot at the property and I couldn’t park there. You think they’d have parking just for guests or at least prioritize guests over restaurant patrons or people there just for events

We recommend it to others who go to Fredericton.

We had lunch and dinner at the two restaurants inside the hotel. At lunch time we ordered fish dishes and side salads, my husband's Caesar was tainted with obviously bad bacon, you could smell it a mile away and when he tasted it, it was rancid. This made our lunch experience poor. The server was kind not to charge us and take an additional 15% off our total bill. I would have preferred good food. The dinner at the other restaurant was better, nothing too fancy or complicated but it didn't reflect the over all setting the Delta has. Clean, efficient and fun and friendly. Regardless, I would go back again, just not eat on location maybe.

The staff are always so pleasant and helpful.

not a thing

The staff are always so pleasant and helpful. They all greet you with a welcoming smile and a cheerful welcome. A great hotel and I wouldn't consider staying at any other establishment. Thanks to the staff for another great stay at the Delta Fredericton.

Nice stay but way too much money for what we received.

I felt it was very pricey in comparison to other hotels in the city with similar facilities. The indoor pool was closed and the outdoor pool was freezing.

Enjoyed the pathway that ran behind the property. It took us all the way downtown.

Nice quiet room with a lovely view.
    • Queen Room with Water View

Room could have been cleaner. I don't think the lamp has ever been dusted. Hallways need to be shampooed. Room was way over priced. ( could be due to Blues festival in town) At $300 a night, breakfast should have been included. (and the buffet was certainly not worth $20)

Nice quiet room with a lovely view. Outdoor patio was nice.

Nice hotel. Comfortable rooms.

Check-in was a bit chaotic. There weren't any luggage carts or anyone to help with luggage. We had requested a parking space on-site but just used the parking lot.

The hotel is well located though a bit far from the city centre if you want to walk around. There is access to the river-side walking/biking path if you are up for a walk. The rooms were well equipped and comfortable.

I'm glad we picked this hotel for our stay in Fredericton and will stay there again

i don't know why people can't be quiet when they walk through the hallways at 3am, or why they have to bang repeatedly and very loud on some door. It was loud enough to wake me up and I usually have a good sleep. Not really the hotels fault, but it made an otherwise perfect stay not quite perfect.

the room was very nice, loved the bed and the bathroom

The staff were the nicest I've encountered at a hotel.

The staff were the nicest I've encountered at a hotel. They were eager to help and gave us a free upgrade for it being our first stay. The Dj outside at the pool was awesome and the staff with their service was amazing! Having a later checkout time was a bonus as well

Great place great hotel

The hotel was just perfect in all aspects, the front desk lady named ( Dawn ) was the most welcoming hotel member and she did a great job making our stay as satisfactory as it gets

We will defenetly recommend this hotel to a friend.

Beautiful property, great staff. Beautiful rooms. Very clean. Amazing breakfast. Free wifi and parking. Good and convenient location.

Front desk staff was very friendly. Lara was very helpful. We were upgraded to a higher floor with a beautiful view! Thank you Lara! We will be back!

OK. Good if you like a lively, noisy hotel.
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

We had a lovely room overlooking the river and pool area (7th floor). Unfortunately, the music from the pool area could be heard up in our room. This was not a problem during the afternoon and early evening, but at midnight the music was still playing and kept us awake. When I went down to the bar area to confirm where the noise was coming from, there were a few tables of people listening to music. I spoke with reception to complain that the music was too loud for the time, and approximately 10 minutes afterwards, it stopped. I can appreciate the bar atmosphere the hotel is creating, but should not lose sight that it is still a hotel. We also experienced loud people in the halls up until 2am, and in the morning, there were beer bottles just outside the elevator (no reflection on the hotel, but rather the guests that stayed there). Our expectation of having a good night's sleep before a long, early travel day, were not met.

Reception team was great. Welcome drink was a lovely touch.

Beautiful location, lovely hotel.

As I was at my graduation alone, it was heartbreaking when they lost the flowers my family had sent. It took my family in Ontario alot of calling around only to find your staff had delivered them to the wrong room. I finally received them long after the graduation ceremony was over. The staff were very apologetic.

Beautiful location, lovely hotel.

Fun in Fredericton

The bed was on the older side, a bit soft and the springs were noisy.

-Quick check-in and check-out. -Restaurant and 2 bars on location. -Free parking. -Nice view of the St John River. -Indoor & outdoor swimming pool. -Clean & spacious room. -Received free room upgrade and late check-out.

The hotel is older, but has charm.

When I arrived, the front desk staff said we didn't have a room booked with a river view. I told the gentlemen that the room I booked did state on-line that the room did indeed come with a river view. He then tried to upgrade me to a room for a higher price. At that point, I told him not to worry as I would be in contact with Booking.com when I got to the room. Ken then gave me a room that I had booked. So, note to self......always, always, make sure that what you booked on-line is confirmed at the front desk before going to your room.

The staff was friendly and it was nice to have a coffee shop in the lobby. The path for walking etc. that ran behind the hotel was an added bonus.

The bed was super comfy and the front desk staff were extra...

Took a very long time to take our order for breakfast at the restaurant. Coffee wasn't so good

The bed was super comfy and the front desk staff were extra helpful

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Weekend away

Saw a small layer of dust on side tables, bed head boards looks like a deep clean needed to be done . Small details that people notice . Dusty hotel room is not something you want people to remember about your hotel .

Cozy beds Kids loved the pool Starbucks :)

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Always enjoy staying at the Delta, and Fredericton is no exception
    • Queen Room with Water View

Pillows too big and hard, hurt our necks. Asked for feather pillows but they were the same.

Great staff, nice location by walking trails, nice outside areas out back by the river

Fredericton in the spring
    • Queen Room with Water View

No laundry, only laundry service.

Great choice of restaurant/bar/snack bar on site. View from rooms overlooking the river is beautiful and rooms are very comfortable. Lobby area warm and welcoming. W

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Cozy stay

- room and bathroom could use facelift/ refresh - swimming pool is worn out / old - sometimes hard to find parking

- staff are super friendly and helpful - hotel has a good atmosphere - cozy and comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Very comfortable clean room .

I awoke at 2AM to the sound of a motor , like a truck was idling outside .unable to get back to sleep due to the noise ..by 5AM I got up to look out the window and realized as I walked past the desk , the sound was coming from the refrigerator. I looked inside to turn the dial off and also looked for a plug ...neither was found . I called the front desk and someone came up to turn it off . I had driven 5 hrs to get to Fredericton and spent the day helping my son move .I was very tired and also had a 5 hr drive ahead of me the next day . The interrupted sleep was very unpleasant and I wasn't offered any compensation for the disruption .

Very comfortable clean room ..the staff were very helpful and friendly

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The Starbucks in the lobby closed early, no place to get an...

The Starbucks in the lobby closed early, no place to get an afternoon tea or coffee unless you wanted to use the coffee pot in your room. Unable to order a movie in our room, that was a little disappointing. Wish the pool had a hot tub section. Otherwise a great stay, beautiful hotel and the staff were great! Highly recommend heading out to 'The Cabin' for breakfast, it is a short drive down the road, one of Frederictons best little dives!! 😝

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

overall was very happy with my stay

Wasn't impressed with buff brekfest. Just expected more

Overall just a nice location. Great room with one of the better hotel gyms that I have seen

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Best Hotel and Service in Fredericton
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

Support staff very nice. Decor very current. Room very quiet. Bed was incredibly comfortable. Room temp very easy to control. Restaurant food and service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Two thumbs up to accodmations and staff, two thumbs down to buffet breakfast

If you are going to have a buffet don't use powered eggs. It would be better to have paid more for a better buffet. My daughter could not eat her buffet as well as my wife and granddaughter. Would not eat a restaurant again. Much better restaurant next door. Staff was very helpful and polite. If it is the intent to have lower prices with children then have alternatives for those who will pay more.

Buffet breakfast was a good price at $8.99, however the buffet itself was very basic. Few choices.

Clean and modern one of the bigger and better hotels in the area.

The pool needed some maintenance (paint was chipping off on the bottom (there were signs promising it would be fixed soon). There also wasn't a hot tub and the pool itself was quite shallow (4.5 feet at its deepest I recall). The gym was attached and was wall to wall glass so you had to stare and be stared at while swimming or running, a little weird, but it wasn't a big deal. The room was entirely silent except for the door to the hallway which was incredibly hollow (we could hear anything that happened outside all night long). We rented one of the largest rooms they had and it was only half the size of the usual king size room we've stayed at in this city. For the same price we've had double baths and whole living room sets.

We both enjoyed the 24hr salt water, heated pool! The bed and pillows were so comfortable I wanted to take it all home with us. The staff was lovely. They were friendly and helpful, even offering to call our taxi and tell us about events going on in the area. The bedroom was set up for all modern hookups, we brought our PS4 and played video games and movies all night long! The towels and robes were large and absorbent. We usually bring our own but I'm glad we didn't!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

We will be back

Nothing I could think of.

Very friendly staff, Good to have coffee shop in the front reception, Shop was reasonably priced, View over the river on a beautiful fall evening was spectacular.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

A very comfortable hotel with a spacious room!

The airco in the room made a disturbing noise even when the airco was turned off.

A very comfortable hotel with a spacious room! Good wifi connection also.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Located by a tranquil trail behind the property.

Must have a car to get around; unless, you don't mind a good walk to "town" or a short bike ride.

Located by a tranquil trail behind the property.

We enjoyed our stay....very comfortable, took a nice walk along the St Johns river in the am.

Restaurant was good but a little costly. Service was awesome!

Waitress, front clerk, and check-out clerk in the morning

Nithing

Area

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Comfortable hotel with great amenities

They could have had better air conditioning in the restaurant; a bit warm

Comfortable hotel; we had a serene view of the river

Everything was perfect, very clean, very quite, staff are...

Everything was perfect, very clean, very quite, staff are professional and very friendly, food was great , location is amazing

Great comfy bed!

Great comfy bed!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Room large and facility lovely and offered several areas to...

Property a bit aged. New carpets would be great.

Room large and facility lovely and offered several areas to sit and/or eat and drink.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

beautiful picturesque setting close to river and walking...

beautiful picturesque setting close to river and walking trails

Good view and location

Cleanness, Landry service.

Good view and location

Everything!
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

Everything! All the little details that make a hotel stay comfortable were taken care of! I would highly recommend this property.

Location,staff.

Location,staff.

2 Great pools.

2 Great pools.

Enjoyable.

Nothing. It was perfect.

A great hotel with picture perfect water view. Good food in the restaurant.

Had a nice time with pleasant staff. Thanks.

setting, river, restaurant

Very comfortable beds

The extra cost for my dog :(

Very comfortable beds

I love staying at the delta. its all about comfort,

the sofa was stained .

the room was spacious and beds very comfortable. breakfast was excellent!

Good.

The lady at the front was a little unpleasant.

Breakfeat was great

was Not impressed with the buffet and twenty five minute wait for Starbucks coffee

I was not impressed with the buffet lunch , the food was cold .

Great place.

Very friendly staff.

Lovely place to stay

The bed was amazing and the staff were lovely and helpful.

Average stay, small pool.

There are no perks and nothing free... the Hampton in Fredericton is the same price with a ton of perks and free things

Room was very nice.

We were rushed at breakfasts to accommodate brunch guests

Room was very nice. Rushed at breakfast because of brunch guests

Upgraded room

Coffe shop was closef

Upgraded room

The staff were super nice and ac

The staff were super nice and ac

Restraunt awesome clean quite and wonderful view
    • Deluxe King Room with Water View

Pool needed cleaned lots of towels and garbage on floor

Restraunt awesome clean quite and wonderful view

Most outlets in the room were not functioning.

Most outlets in the room were not functioning.

Enjoyed my stay.

Very clean and comfortable. A late check out was offered to me without me requesting it. Staff was friendly. Food is great.

It was excellent!

The different amenities were open at strange times.

The size of the room was great for the value of our money. Loved the decor!

Would of liked to stay longer!

Staff had put personal welcome note, chocolate and glass of wine in our room!!

Excellent hotel

Location is a little out of the way, but not too bad

Excellent food, facilities and staff

Loved the entire experience

Loved the entire experience

it was wonderful

food

food was not that great ,but the santa gift on the door knob was awsome lol

the redesign of the front doors.

the redesign of the front doors. the welcome of the front desk person, Tegan

The overall experience.
    • Queen Room with Water View

The check out was difficult and got the run around. Staff was pleasant but unorganized.

The overall experience.