Reviews of Edward Hotel Markham 4 stars

50 East Valhalla Drive, L3R 0A3 Markham, Canada

#11 of 14 hotels in Markham

A bit pricey and the marketing fee kind if was a nasty surprise. Then to be charged
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Restaurant could have been available.

The food was good but we only ate once in the lounge because the restaurant seemed to be closed for the duration of or trip. The remaining meals we ate out so the property actually saved us money.

Terrible staff.
    • Premier King Room - Smoking

Terrible staff. Provided me with a statement for $300 at the end of my stay by added an additional charge without me knowing. Never staying here again.

Amazing!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was amazing, the room by past my expectations. Room service breakfast was so good delivered on time and hot. Pool area was very clean and well kept.

The housekeeper didn’t changed my bedding for two days until...
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The housekeeper didn’t changed my bedding for two days until I requested on my third night staying. Swimming pool very poor especially its’ toilet and the last cleaning schedule date was over three weeks ago. I found the toilet roll holder was completely rusted.

Nice hotel, friendly staff but in need of updating.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Room service hours unpredictable, no info. package in room, no microwave in the room, pizza and wings in restaurant supermarket available frozen products, room showed obvious wear, needs updating.

Friendly staff, spacious room, working refridgerator with small freezer section, hamburger in the restaurant was really good, comfortable bed, plenty of toiletries that smell really nice.

Overall we were very happy with our stay and would definitely stay here next time we are in the area
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast buffet was nothing special and the eggs were very bland..Breakfast wasn't included with our room so we didn't bother eating there our 2nd morning as we did not feel it was a good value. Also - towels so.e were scratchy and some were fluffy

Bed and pillows were super comfy Hotel property was very nice and we were so happy we could bring our medium size dog ~ most hotels only allow small pets

Pulsating new shower head, King bed awesome, view spectacular from 611 of city Victoria fireworks.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Nicollete from front desk was the best full service front desk professional WOW woman ever( WOMAN OF WORTH )

Gourmet Breakfast, Bacon, sausages, eggs, pancakes, croissants, 12 grain, danishes, cinnamon bun,tropicana grapefruit/o.j.etc.Staff awesome.

Nice stay!
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

No significant complaints...didn't have a do not disturb sign in the room, but guess I could have asked the front desk about this...

Given the location, likely staying here for work or to be close-ish to York region or GTA attractions so want a room essentially for sleeping and getting ready/relaxing...this hotel more than fits the bill for that. Room was clean and comfortable and even on a long weekend, the hotel seemed quiet. Travelled with my pet and pet fee was reasonable ($35 per stay if less than five nights...if over five nights, it's an additional $35) and good spots nearby to take him for walks. Free parking so can't beat that. Ordered room service and meal (wings) were as good as I've had in restaurants. Overall, no complaints and would stay here again.

I'd stay again if in the Markham area.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is definitely 'faded'. A lot of things haven't been updated, and there were weird things like a Cd-player alarm clock in my room. And the upholstery on the room chair was frayed to ripping. Breakfast was presented well, but food was just ok.

Staff were extremely friendly and professional. Definitely felt like a luxury hotel experience in that way. Convenient location and right next to a major transit line. Great value for the price. Good food in the lounge.

Fine for the night but we wouldn’t be back during seasons that require use of AC.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The old fashioned (vintage!) noisy air conditioner; the box type that sits under the window and cycles on and off all night. Decor is pleasant but dated. Bathroom was clean, but not spotless...

Very quiet, despite having multiple rugby teams sharing the hotel - who were equipped to PARTY! and being directly beside the highway, our room was very quiet. The beds are firm, which I find extremely comfortable, my husband not so much. Front desk staff were very personable and friendly.

Rooms are dated but comfortable
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Check in process was very shady. They hand me interact terminal when it was already at the pin prompt. When I asked for them why I couldn’t see the total, their backpedalled for me. I was surprised to see that they were pre-authorizing $135 more than they told me. Their expectation was that they would pre-authorize my visa for $100 for incidentals, and then an additional $135 for the cost of the room. The next day I would then pay the $135 again with my debit card. This means that they would hold almost $400 of my money for up to five business days. They told me they would make an “exception” and “allow” me to pre-pay the entire cost of my room in addition to having the preauthorization $100 on my credit card… Very kind of them. Front desk staff lacked knowledge and customer service skills. I was very put off by the fact that they tried to pre-authorize my card in such a sneaky fashion initially.I will never stay here again and certainly don’t recommend it to others. It was so much better when it was still a Delta Hotel.

Rooms are dated but comfortable

Would definitely recommend this location to others.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Though our room-service breakfast was delicious and brought to us by a wonderful serving person, it was late in arriving by about 20 minutes.

The lobby was very nice, room was comfortable, front desk personnel very kind.

Staff was lovely!
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Uncomfortable bed, a little outdated

Staff was lovely! Great location! We were given an upgrade to a suite because it was my birthday at no charge, very nice!

Quite enjoyed staying at this hotel and definitely would stay again and recommend it to anyone !
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

A bit more scrutiny is needed by housekeeping to be sure cleanliness is up to parr. Wine spills on table and smudgy hand prints etc... Small stuff but attention to detail goes a long way to making it flawless. Would still highly recommend this location.

Friendly and "professional" front desk staff. Great size room. "Pet" friendly too❣️ Lots of parking close at hand with grassy area/s all around for good pet walks.

GREAT PLACE... WILL BE BACK
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We were given complementary breakfast. Thank goodness as I would not have wanted to pay for it. Very poor. food was dry, We weren`t even finished our breakfast and the waiter was clearing our table. would not go to the restaurant again. Would rather go to Frankie Tomatoes. Wish we were offered a night free.. this was our second time at the hotel and both times where for 4 nights.

Our stay at the hotel was awesome. It was a little pricey with a family of 7. definitely will come back to the hotel. the staff was amazing. I forgot the ladys name at the front desk. She needs a raise. Very kind and helpfull. she got us a microwave on our second day. As it was needed. Always had our room and beds made. clean towels and very very comfy beds. love the pool and spa was a mama bears dream. our family will be back.

Horrible room, leaking shower, shower head broken and leaking, broken light in the shower. Plus more
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Broken shower,no light inside shower completly dark with curtins drawn,water leak all over bathroom,broken closet door, Stained pillow sheets. Nasty stains on bed sheets,heater not working. It was like this room wasn't cleaned or maintained before new guests arrive. No attempt to be moved to another room was made by staff.after checking out I was told that a note had been filed. What a joke!

No unpleasant surprises but the place could use an upgrade of carpets and paint.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The old analog thermostat was very clumsy and difficult to get the room temperature adjusted properly. A digital upgrade would really help here. The mini fridge didn't cool properly and looked outdated.

The carpets were clean and there was no musty smell. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the bathroom was clean, the faucets and toilet worked perfectly. The free Wi-Fi worked smoothly and the extra outlets were handy.

Good value for money with cheerful staff, especially for business travellers.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms need updating, lighting in bathroom could be brighter.

This hotel is perfect if one is looking for a convenient location with no parking fees in a busy work area, and value for the money with a pleasant staff and a place to eat indoors without having to go out on a cold day.

The staff was great .
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The rooms are starting to look tired and my last stay the bed was awful. Not only did it keep making noise every time I moved but the mattress itself was dead. Also tried renting a movie...the system was down

The staff was great . It was my second time staying there. I will most likely stay ahain

Not a 4 star hotel
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

No drain plug in the shower. No booklet in the room telling me about the hotel or room service. The hotel smelt smokey and the pool was broken. The hot tub was quite dirty and in need of repairs. The sauna wasn't in very good shape either. They had a still in theaters option on the tv but the movies were very old. Should not be rated 4 stars.

The staff were nice.

Jacouzi and pool and sauna.
    • Premier King Room - Smoking

The room had bad smell. Seems no fresh air for long time. The fridge was disaster and cheap, bed had noise. Window can not be opened to change the air.Reception staff were not friendly. Ice maker is only at 3 floors. There is no microwave in the room.

Jacouzi and pool and sauna. Availability of room in online booking.

Friendly staff, room layout (Queen Suite).
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was very cold when we arrived and we had to leave our coats on for two hours while the room heated up (this could have easily been done beforehand). No complimentary breakfast, or even just coffee, on the lobby floor. The baseboard heater in the bathroom didn't work. The only electrical outlet in the 'kitchen' area was hidden behind the microwave - not very handy for the kettle or coffee maker.

Friendly staff, room layout (Queen Suite).

You get what you pay for.. The bed is very comfortable.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

My fridge didn't work, the bath was dirty, I actually had to clean it with Shampoo. Carpet was a little dirty. Probably wouldn't stay there again.

Entry way onto hotel was very polished and clean

Bathtub in rm.
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bathtub in rm. 811 needs improvement. You feel crammed. Shower curtain constantly touches you while you are showering and the shower head needs the be replaced. It’s stuck on one level and it’s not a comfortable stream.

The hotel served its purpose. I needed a space to sleep and work.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Not a great deal of focus on customer service ie no water in the room. Towels quite small. TV pictures very poor quality. Little things, but they make a difference to me when I have to travel for business.

Good location.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was REALLY bad. For $17, I would have expected real eggs, and options for people with sensitivities to things like gluten. On offer were Fruitloops & some other overly sweetened cereal, soupy oatmeal, really fatty bacon, sausages, fake eggs, French toast, a bit of cut fruit, and a variety of dried out, unappealing breads (my son loves bread but wasn't tempted by any of it). It really wasn't much better than a lot of the free breakfasts that come along with many cheaper hotels.

Good location. Bed was comfortable. Staff at check-in were really pleasant.

Didn’t stay here
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Location however I was unable to stay at the property. I’m not sure why I am getting this review when they had no rooms available despite getting a confirmation from booking.com. This was a nightmare to be told upon arriving at the hotel that they were sold out. I have already emailed booking .com on this issue and I hope I’m not billed for this

The room is not that bad.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

It's worst Hotel I've ever been to. the staff is racist and rude..... I have been in over 30 countries..... and I've never faced any the issues I had in this hotel ... it's unbelievable it happen in Canada. Some of the problems were..... Expensive early check-in. NO shuttle bus (and when I asked they were rude and said they don't offer it)... they fitness facilities are repulsive... the closed restaurant it's like 3 miles away..... terribleeeeee avoid it if it is possible

The room is not that bad....

Good vale

Corridors need painting

Good location. Great value. Lobby looks great however corridors on floors need to spruced up as it looks very run down. Room was fine though

Very nice place to stay
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly, courteous staff at the front desk and at the lunch served for the seminar that I was taking. Didn't have a need to interact with any other staff

Comfortable

See above

Excellent reception; service and comfort- didn't like the knock on the door prior to ten to ask if I was leaving 1500 - 1000 is not even a day and I asked and was told my stay could be until 1 pm so that part did not make me feel appreciated as a customer - however the rest of the stay made me comfortable enough to rebook in the future

Okay stay.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Service, breakfast staff were talking loudly and everybody could here them. Again room was nice and comfortable

Staff was good but facilities were not okay. I asked two days for tooth paste and housekeeping delevered me tooth pick lol.. Wifi did not worked at all. Room was clean though. But compensation from staff for the services i have paid for.

Not bad
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The staff were not that accomodating, the breakfast for what it is, is expensive and we received dirty towels after the room was supposed to be cleaned, plus our key didn't work prior to check out when we went up to bring down our luggage.

The meeting room was great and the entrance was great.

Pleasant.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The corridors could be cleaner and better maintained. There were no cups for the tea/coffee, just a teapot and glasses.

Enjoyed the tea and breakfast at the restaurant. The lounge is beautiful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The accommodation has made my other wise intense trip more supportable.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room is clean, roomy and has a big window which provides a fantastic view, The bed is comfortable and the staff are all super friendly and helpful.

The accommodation has made my other wise intense trip more supportable.

Good 👍👍👍
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

None, a well equipped hotel and location is convenient if you drive. There are public transport nearby the hotel on Highway 7 but I did not take any public because I hired a car for commuting.

The room is big, clean and tidy. It has kettle, coffee machine, fridge, air dryer, iron board, iron, sofa, coffee table, desk and chair.

Not worth $200.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

There were so many flies in the first room that I got and the second room there was a dead fly on the bed. Definitely not worth the $200 I spent on a one night's stay. The room was also not like the photos online, they should be updated and description should be more clear.

The parking was convenient and easy. The staff were friendly and really helpful.

we would definitely come again!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

--coffee pot had old coffee bag in it -neeeded repair/replacement bagg tray

The room was spacious; the view was eye-catching -especially at night. All was very comfortable aa home away from home.

overall very pleasant
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

there were no batteries in the remote but they brought us some. room service was cold

We could not get a suite this time but the room was comfortable,clean & attractive.Room service was prompt, well presented

Overall, very good !! Was not disappointed !!
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Carpets..... time to rid motels of carpets. Our room was clean and carpets vacuumed but are the carpets ever truly clean ??

Friendly staff. Clean, some of the furnishings have seen better days. The restaurant was a bit pricey, maybe not for that area, but from where I am from it is. But the food was very good and our server was excellent.

Great place to stay, but need to pay attention to details.
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Desk check in didn't post that we had a late checkout. We had cleaners and staff trying to get in our room and the key cards were cut off at noon. It was agreed to at check in and all the staff member at the desk would say well we were busy. Disappointed in this regard.

Clean and comfortable. Good value for money.

The first night of my stay I noticed one of the beds was broken therefore I had to change the room.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

- cleanliness was poor - no room service - free but very poor internet connection - staff weren't friendly (specially the receptionist)

- location - free parking

Great to the 401 easy and fast to get to where we wanted to...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was not open but very clean friendly staff comfy bed very quiet...very resourceful and helping staff members

Great to the 401 easy and fast to get to where we wanted to get to

Unsafe facilities
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no bath mat or any nonslip surface in bathtub, and the bathtub was very very slippery. My friend slipped and fell in bath because of the slippery surface. Moreover, when we tried to ask for some help for my friend's injured head, there was nobody answer the phone. The unsafe facilities in Edward village hotel made an unsatisfied experience.

Location was good, especially for drivers coming from 407. Parking lot was very convenient.

I booked the room on lone for 139.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Over charges for the on line booking

I booked the room on lone for 139. And was charged 257 for the room and I am not sure why o was over charged so much I am very upset about this

Was hoping for more...
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was not comfortable,there was a squeaking noise on the bottom left side. The remote for the tv was not working and I called to inform the front desk, they left me on hold for a long time then said someone would be up. Three hours later I had to go to the front to ask where the person was. The front desk person said ' they were not informed' Room is clean but dated- renovations are required, decor felt like a 80's motel. I asked for a room away from noise and i received a room with construction taking place across the street. (Who needs an alarm when you have a bob cat and cars waking you in the early hours?) A complimentary bottle of water would of been nice. Nicer hotel's in the area for the same price range.

Good location / parking (best part of the hotel) Nice lobby ( nicest part of the hotel, it deceives you into thinking the rooms will be modern) In spite of dated appearance the room itself was clean.

Short stay in a not so clean room.
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I asked for a non smoking room but got a smoking room. Someone before us smoked in the bathroom and there were remnants of cigarettes on the counter which were not even cleaned. It was too late in the evening to go and start asking for a replacement room. Also the bed sheets had some stains on them so we avoided that area of the bed. I surly hope that the bedding were changed after the last guest. We just needed a room for the night and were too tired to make changes. Room was very outdated and the mattress wasn't that comfortable. Shower was very small.

It was not that busy and the staff was helpful. The loby looks very nice.

Easy to find location for exploring north part of Toronto
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They really needed a window-washing. Maybe we came just before the windows were cleaned, but they were covered with dirt.

There's a very nice inner courtyard with tables and gardens.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

This hotel was amazing!
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel was amazing! The staff was so friendly and kind, the facilities were great, the hotel was beautiful and clean. I stayed here with a friend for her bachelorette party and the hotel staff surprised us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to the room. It was the most thoughtful gesture. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It was such a lovely time.

Not worthy the money paid for a 4 star hotel
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Room is small, fridge noise woke me up several times, poor sound proof we can hear easily the sound from the other room's bath, tv not working, old furniture, only 2 tissue pieces left in the box

Wifi speed is good

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Horrible stay, dirty, and poor management
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The stay was horrible. There was no water in the floor below us, so we called the front desk to tell the hotel Rep that it was empty. His response was did you check the other floors, so me and my significant other went to floors 3,5,8,11 and all machines were sold out of water. We then went down to the main desk to hear that it's not their fault because it was a third party company, which is true. But the guy had water bottles, why didn't he just give it to us from the start. Horrible stay, horrible smell, dirty linens, and the staff are somewhat the same. This hotel changed from delta, to being owned by Marriott, and now Edward village and it has poor management. At least with delta there were many perks with the gold status.

nothing to like.

Fine for a business trip
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was located close to the office I was working at. Other than that it's not the most wonderful place. You have to walk for 10 minutes along a busy highway for non-hotel restaurants

Poor cleaning and practices about requiring an advance deposit made me feel like a criminal
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

BUT cleaning was poor . I had had tea the first night and the cleaners did not clean out the teapot or cup-- leaving dirty pot and paper cup I used on the bedside table. Did Not replace the single teabag with a new one until day 3 although I was staying another two nights . Dust on the furniture and dust bunnies in corners . Started me thinking about the bathroom and the sheets although I didn't notice anything obvious with them . I also had gone out after checking in and came back a few hours later and food was on the floor in the hallway near the elevator although several hours had passed. Decorations of the suite and hallways were very tacky and several places worn and chipped paint on doorways . Depressing and outdated room and hallway decorations that contrasted with the lobby that looked much better , Worst thing was staff at front desk. They insisted on not only taking a credit card swipe -- the usual practice in hotels, but also insisting on an additional substantial deposit which they added o to the card swipe. They insisted that that was the practice in all area hotels. I was staying at this hotel only because the hotel for the conference I was attending was fully booked. At the conference I checked about this alleged practice -- spoke to conference hotel as well as guests at three other hotels in area and all reported that they were not asked for this advance deposit on the swipe. So THIS hotel staff boldly lied to me . At check out they confirmed that my advance deposit was not required and only charged the correct rate BUT THEN I had to argue to get return of the swiped receipts that showed the additional deposit . Hotel clerk insisted that they needed that receipt for their records although she confirmed that no additional charges would be charged to my account over and above the actual hotel rate. To her credit , after my insistence of getting that swiped receipt back, she did provide it to me , both copies -- the customer and the hotel...

bed was very comfortable

Little disappointed
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms are so outdated we felt like we are back 20 years ago.. no outlets for USB. Bathroom is very tiny, Shower is only half of the normal size. Just old.. definitely not 4 stars!!!! Maybe 2,5.. maybe 3.

Great first impression when you walk in and see modern design in the lobby..

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The staff was very friendly and polite.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The washroom in our room was quite cold. The bed in the room was very hard. Also the heating/air system was very loud, every time it would come on throughout the night it wake us both up. Although the lobby was gorgeous, the rooms however don't reflect the look the hotel is trying to portray.

The staff was very friendly and polite. The lobby was modern and exquisite.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

The cleanness
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Staff of the cafe and restaurant were very rude and they had unacceptable behavior not a friendly atmosphere in the restaurant. But the rest of staff were very nice and lovely.

The cleanness

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Uncomfortable pillows
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There were 4 huge pillows and no choices other that getting a neck problem. In other hotels i usualy see two small and too big pillows. The fan in the washroom was not working sometimes. The flush in the toilet wasn't working properly.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Good facility and for driving travellers.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Good location for driving but far away from commercial. No small stores around.

Spacious room with microwave, good view in high level floor, good restaurant.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Location was great.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

I called the manager and front desk twice with a complain and never got anyone. The room was very dated; worn fabric on chairs and old dated furniture. Very dusty and had an odor from the shower it seemed. Restaurant did not have suitable menu choices.

Location was great. Staff encounter was very minimal but courteous. Bed was very soft and comfortable.

Above expectations for the price!
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

I purchased the night's stay for elderly relatives. They are poor sleepers so their lack of rest was not related to the nature of the hotel. They loved the room & friendly staff

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

very pleasant, enjoy very much, if I am going back to Toronto, I will stay there again.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

the swimming pool is not too clean, water is cloudy, we have to ask them to add chemical to make the water clearer. we can't use the pool until the next day.

location, value, modern.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Good hotel
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was too hard snd I found the shower cramped.

Comfortable feeling when walking around the hotel. The desk chair and desk were very comfortable. The work out area has lots of machines. The restaurant is nice and the food was very good.

Comfortable hotel probably best suited to business rather than leisure.
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Puzzled by swimming pool. Outdoor clothes forbidden around poolside and no changing rooms! Unable to take towels from poolside back to your room! Option to either break one of the rules or wear your swimwear to and from the pool! No dressing gowns in room.

Restaurant and bar were pleasant and food was really good, Room was comfortable and spacious.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Enjoyable stay.
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff were unfamiliar with street location and could not provide directions to hotel by phone. Street name (Valhalla) is different going from west to east than from east to west. Very stressful.

Restaurant staff were extremely nice, pleasant and helpful. Lounge furniture is beautiful. Outdoor area is wonderful!

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

clean, comfortable and boring.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

The bartender was very slow and un attentive.There was nothing to do with in walking distance.

The hotel was spotless and easy to locate. Most of the staff were polite and courteous.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Value for cost.
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I booked a room with two beds, got one king bed, was not happy about that. The room was not really clean, dust and dirt found in bathroom. Drinking glasses looked dirty. Carpet in hallway very dirty (6th floor).

The building presented well, nice lobby and restaurant. Lots of friendly staff available.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Excellent location, staff, ok for the money
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Hall ways need upgrading, hallway carpet smelly, bed is too firm, ice machine outside kept making noise through out the night

Liked the pool and the gym

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

the room was musty and the AC too loud. Bed uncomfortable.
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Our bed was too soft and moved every time each of us turned. The AC was too loud. We had to turn it off and open the window and then the traffic noise was loud. We had a very poor night sleep. I don't think we'll be back.

The hotel is close to all business amenities that we needed in the area.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

We arrived around 930pm from a long day at wonderland.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Need more shower gel/ shampoo/ conditioner in rooms.

We arrived around 930pm from a long day at wonderland. We were both exhausted and hoping our check in would be quick without hassle. When I arrived at the front counter a young gentlemen was busy helping another person, and a lady was busy on the phone. As I could over hear from her conversation she was having a difficult time with a customer. We waited for about 10 minutes to get service. My first impression was not entirely that great. The worker apologized and checked us in quickly and efficiently. She apologized for making us wait and offered us free vouchers for the breakfast buffet (which was excellent). Our room was very comfortable and had everything we needed. It was also clean and quiet. I had booked this hotel last minute on bookings.com . Our stay ended up being on of the best and most affordable trips to Toronto we have ever had. Will deffinitly be staying at this hotel again :)

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Needs updating and more professional staff
    • Premier King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

People at check in are not that professional. Although it was a King Bed Room the shower was very small and not that clean. Lobby was renovated however rooms, furniture and bathroom are outdated.

Quick check in, I got the floor I requested and a non smoking room. Bed was big as promised. Good location.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

I have no idea why they don't change the bed sheet...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I have no idea why they don't change the bed sheet before someone move in. I have slept on a dirty bed sheet which the previous customer used for a night (As I found the bed sheet is dirty at 3am). It's not worth to paid $300 for 2 nights.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Location was good, room was clean
    • Premier King Room - Non-Smoking

Was told when I booked breakfast was included and apparently it wasn't. Upon check-in staff couldn't find my reservation and weren't very helpful with anything else, don't think I would recommend to my friends

Location was good, room was clean

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The hotel asked for a deposit of $100, and said they would...
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel asked for a deposit of $100, and said they would return the money when we checked out. After I got home and saw some extra money was charged, I called them. They said it was the deposit and would take five days to return the deposit. So far, it has been three days and I am waiting.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Unprofessional front desk staff
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

we are two families with 2 suites booked, I email it 5 days ahead to arrange to get closer room together, end up one a 7th floor and other at 11 floor, the room phone is no way working or need more instruction to get it work, we can communicate to the other room end up using whatsapp and call our cell. when we check in, the Asian lady at front she can't find my booking, seem unhappy when I ask for closer room, is my second to stay in this hotel, that give me a bad impression before my stay. but overall, I give 5 out of 10.