Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Prince Edward 4 stars

18 Queen Street, C1A 4A1 Charlottetown, Canada

#5 of 19 hotels in Charlottetown

Staff were great - especially those who worked in the...
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

Staff were great - especially those who worked in the restaurant during breakfast. Room was very comfortable and designed to be functional with numerous plugs.

6.0
    there are sands on the bed

there are sands on the bed and front desk staff unfriendly. I as to change wheel chair room to normal one, they give me a double bed room and refuse to listen my requirement. I pay the price for seaview king room, but just a normal double room and without seaview.

We were greeted by Maureen, I must say Thank you for her...
    • Standard 1 King City View

The cost, the price of hotels these days are absolutely outrageous, it keep us from traveling as much as we would like... and to pay for parking on top of the room rate, well that's a bit much...just my 2 cents...

We were greeted by Maureen, I must say Thank you for her warm welcome and efficiency...

Excellent all round, staff a step above.
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

Nothing. Excellent all round.

Staff were beyond helpful and friendly. I was looking for the lift,I clearly looked a little lost for just a second and a chap came out of one of their shops to guide me. All were very attentive, helpful, knowledgeable, really stood out. Location is right down town on the harbor, has parking underneath, everything was clean and well presented. I'd stay again in a heart beat.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Loved PEI, Hated the DELTA, especially the Front Desk,
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

Credit card Reserved /w confirmation number for 2 queens. On arrival, front desk offered a single king bed. We were 2 teenagers and 2 adults. Staff was not very helpful. Didn’t offer any compensation for their mistake. He was offering a Take it or Leave it attitude.

Amazing!
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

The location is ideal. The staff are beyond professional, especially Oliver and Luke at Reception. Our housekeeping staff went the extra mile . Anna deserves a special mention as she saw we were traveling with children and added extra special touches to our room! When we were awakened early on Sunday morning by a hot tub maintenance issue, Luke compensated us with breakfast and a discount on our room, and even called ahead to our next Delta destination to see that we were taken care of! This hotel is everything a traveler could ask for. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a quiet, clean, safe hotel whose staff goes the extra mile for their guests.

The hotel has a perfect location;
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

Breakfast is very expensive. There are places close to hotel where you can have similar breakfast at less cost.

The hotel has a perfect location; close to everywhere (restaurants, Victoria Row, waterfront) in Charlottetown. Rooms were very comfortable and clean, enough spaces, beds were comfortable, nice view from the window.

Beat location in Charlottetown
    • Standard 1 King City View

Most hotels have the following issue, thick dust in bathroom ceiling vent. Also could hear people speaking in corridor.

Location, gym, beds are comfortable, view from room.

Fine. Bed comfortable. Clean.
    • Standard 1 King City View

Don’t want to hear what guests in the adjacent rooms are doing!

Could hear next-door Neighbour coughing a lot. Quite unpleasant. Staff said they were “working on soundproofing” the rooms.

Wonderful time at the Delta.
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

I liked the little sitting area in front of the window in my room. The location of the hotel was central to Charlottetown. The view from the meeting rooms over the water was a very nice distraction, especially when the cruise ships came in to dock. The outside areas we well maintained with colorful flower beds and plants.

Mostly very satisfying
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

A banging noise that happened 4-5 times per minute. Like a small door or vent cover that would swing open then slam shut from the wind. Unfortunately it didn’t stop for the 3 days. It was mostly noticeable when trying to sleep but never actually stopped.

The view of the city and water.

Front desk didn’t know breakfast timings so they gave me the...
    • Standard 1 King City View

Front desk didn’t know breakfast timings so they gave me the wrong times and they gave away my king reservation even though I indicated I would be arriving late and I wasn’t informed that I would not get the requested room that I booked in advance.

We were very impressed by the courtesy and efficiency of the...
    • Standard 1 King City View

There is no need for my answering this question.

We were very impressed by the courtesy and efficiency of the staff. Catering was of a high standard at the meals forming part of the professional meeting attended and later the bed was really comfortrable.

I stay at Marriotts in the US and in Vancouver BC often and this would never be acceptable.
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

I had 3 options for breakfast if I wasn't to have the buffet (too much food for me) and the options were almost $20 and no vegetarian a la carte selections could be made. Very poor set up. Coat hangers inside my room came out of the wall when I hung a light dress on them and this also happened to two other rooms that I had friends in (poorly constructed to say the least) I listened to my neighbours snore and talk as if they were in my own room (paper thin walls) I purchased a double occupancy room which cost me $235 approx and was later told nobody was allowed to enter the hotel after 8pm from the outside due to the Platinum Blonde concert restrictions. (What? I flew home from Vancouver BC and am not allowed to have one friend come say hi to me in my room? This makes no sense and I wish I would have argued it as it has made me cancel this weeks booking there)

Overall, a good stay. I would stay there again and recommend it to others.
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

As mentioned above, I would have preferred a walk-in shower. The heating system was very noisy, walking me up at times. The bed was not as comfortable as beds in others hotels I've stayed in.

I liked the friendly, helpful staff. I especially enjoyed swimming in the pool and the fact that I could use the walk-in shower, as opposed to the awkward facilities for showering in the room..

Really good Hotel interm of staff, bed, cleanliness..etc. Area to be improved is breakfast.
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

The same breakfast for every day. No change at all. We had the same brakfast for every morning during our stay of 8 days from 10 to 18 December 2017.

Cleanliness, freindly staff and excellent location.

All business but relaxing
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

No place to park while checking in.....but underground parking was free once I checked in, that's a rarity

THE room was recently renovated. Food at the restaurant was excellent and reasonably priced

Relaxing and enjoyable
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

Very small elevator from lobby floor to parking. Wish the main elevator had gone all the way down to parking. Had to take two different elevators although not far apart, just an inconvenience.

Location and very professional staff!

It was a comfortable stay. We could have seen and done everything within a day or two. :)
    • Standard 1 Queen City View

The price point was outrageously high.

The property was very central and walking distance to everything. In the heart of entertainment as well as waterfront. Lots of great restaurants to pick from and lots of walking paths.

We enjoyed our stay would return and would highly recommend.
    • Standard 1 Queen City View

The TV channels not much of a selection or user friendly

We liked everything very friendly staff, clean, nice walks around hotel to water front and shopping.

It was awesome room had spectacular view and really enjoyed our little week end getaway
    • Standard 1 King City View

The scrambled eggs in the breakfast buffet could be real eggs not powdered, when I went to omlette station and asked for scrambled eggs I was questioned and informed there were scrambled eggs in buffet as I originally did not want to make a big deal of it then I told him well I wanted real eggs not powdered eggs to which he had no reply, I was fine just getting him to make me some eggs however he made me make a bigger deal out of it than it should have been and in front of a couple of other guests

The value for your dollar meal plan for breakfast, staff extremely helpful and courteous!

Would not stay here again, not my best bang for my buck.
    • 1 King Water View

WIFI service was terrible, couldn't really use it. The door that joins to the room next to us could use some insulation. You can hear the TV and people talking next door. ( feel like your missing some privacy ). With the price you pay I think parking should be included.

Location was great, right down town easy walking to small shops, stores and restaurants. The view of the harbour was nice. Place is very clean with modern up grades.

Lovely, friendly, clean and comfortable hotel
    • Standard 1 Queen City View

Parking on the street was good for us over the weekend as it was free. Week days you will need to pay and hotel charged $18 per day for parking underground. Excessive price in my opinion when paying premium hotel room fees.

The location was fabulous, walking distance to everything. Room was comfortable, clean and well resourced. Laundry in hotel was a bonus for us travelling as well.

Absolute perfection!
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

Absolutely can't think of a thing :) Thank you all.

Of course location can't be beat. Hotel was clean, updated. Fourth floor city view (over lower roof). Didn't eat or drink on property. It was a hassle-free vacation.

Gold Star
    • Standard 1 King City View

They do not have a tuck shop on the premises. I think that the guests would appreciate access to one on the grounds. Though not a big concern, and unlike most luxury hotels, they do not provide bathrobes in the guest rooms. I did call the front desk to enquire about this , however, and they offered to have one sent to my room from the spa/ pool .

The staff outdid themselves to meet my every request. They were always friendly, pleasant, warm and courteous. The hotel itself is beautifully, tastefully appointed. The guest room was a delight,spacious, bright and very attractive.

Our 3 night stay at the Prince Edward Delta was excellent!
    • Standard 1 Queen City View

The elevators were pretty slow. Would have been nice to have bathrobes and slippers in the room.

The bed was super comfy. A/C was very good. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good gym area and pool complete with towels and cold water. Extra bonus to have a laundry room! An example of staff professionalism - we hoped to have dessert after an evening out at a show. Another gentleman who just checked in wanted food. We all were led to believe ( from the information provided in our rooms) that the dining room was open late. At 9:55, we were told the kitchen was closed for the night. One of the female staff members (wish I could remember her name) made it happen. My husband and I got our desserts and the other gentleman got his chowder. We sure appreciated the extra effort.

Comfortable in the heart of Charlottetown
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

The bathroom door hinge needed oil The in room breakfast had American pre packaged (Smuckers) jam when we would have liked local produce and chef or locally baked bread The location was convenient for many attractions

Staff were excellent, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful The room and bathroom were clean and the supplies adequate but not excessive

Very plesant stay with good service.
    • 1 King Water View

The elevators are Very Very Slow! The good news is they are going to be replaced.

Very helpfull & friendly staff. Take time talk with you. Resturant was good. Mostly staffed by locals who know thier city & Island. Easy walk to many places. Very close to the Ocean view.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

PEI is great, and so was the Delta Hotel
    • 2 Queen Water View

This was a great hotel, our room had a view over the water and the 'best ice cream' in town! What more could we ask for. The staff were exceptionally helpful, they even rang to find out if there were any free doctors appointments when my wife fell ill with strep throat, and followed up with us to see if everything was ok. This was very nice, and a real credit to the staff who looked after us. The room was spacious and modern, the bathroom was clean and had great aesthetics, it was one of the best hotels on our stay, Prince Edward Island is so peaceful and beautiful, and a visit to see the inspiration for the Anne of Green Gables novels was a great addition to our stay.

Good choice
    • Standard 1 King City View

Elevators are super slow, but are under renovation.

Walking distance to lots of good but pricey restaurants. Staff was very friendly and accommodating!

Great stay - parking/breakfast should be included
    • Standard 1 King City View

The elevators really do need a makeover. They are very slow. Something should be included like parking or breakfast. I feel the hotel is expensive as it is and there really aren't many perks.

The delta is a lovely hotel. Very clean and modern.

Good hotel
    • 1 King Water View

Getting charged an extra $22 tax in to park my car overnight was a bit ridiculous. Elevators are very very slow but they said they are replacing them. A little over priced given that it was low season in PEI, hotel was a ghost town.

Excellent ocean view and comfy bed. Very close to everything downtown.

Great hotel & yummy restaurant food!
    • Standard 1 King City View

Great food in the restaurant affiliated with the hotel. The chef went out of his way to provide a requested meal not specifically on the menu. He also came out to be sure we were satisfied and provided free desserts as a thank you for us praising him!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Excellent service :)
    • Standard 1 Queen City View

The housekeeper once forgot to restock half my towels and never did restock my two tea bags. I also discovered when going to use the to go cup for the first time on my last day there that the stir stick (that was placed in the cups) was already used as there was a coffee stain inside the cup and I hadn't used a stir stick for my 4 days there. I also wished the elevators were faster but was happy to find that they will be renovated soon

The friendliness and easy and helpful nature of the staff

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Great location;

Great location; parking available

Great Location, excellent staff, wonderful view.
    • 2 Queen Water View

Great Location, excellent staff, wonderful view.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Amazing staff

Location and Cleanliness

Location and Cleanliness

I loved it
    • 1 King Water View

It’s a Must stay for us if we ever visited Charlottetown again.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

When in PEi

It’s alright

Overall wonderful

No balconies.

The location and staff were great.

Everything was wonderful :-)
    • 2 Queen Water View

Everything was wonderful :-)

Very enjoyable all was friendly and helpful would stay there and would recommend
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

Nothing it was all great .

Walking distance from everything

Paying for parking

Walking distance from everything

Very good location and very good staf

Very friendly staf

Great room with a view
    • Standard 1 Queen City View

Great view, great staff friendliness

The food and services at the restaurant are really good.
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

The food and services at the restaurant are really good. Spacious room.

It was fantastic!
    • Standard 1 Queen City View

Oliver at the front desk was amazing!!!

good to stay for one or two nights.
    • Standard 1 King City View

Kindness and the hospitality is extremely good.

Fun time

the extra cost for parking

the extra cost for parking

Spacious room and quiet
    • Standard 1 King City View

Menu at the bar could be improved upon. Not a huge selection

Spacious room and quiet

Pleasant but not a four star hotel
    • 2 Queen Water View

Another chair in the room. At that price at least a continental breakfast

No pool

No pool

the cost was outeageous.
    • 2 Queen Water View

Way overpriced. This was the only hotel available on PEI for our vacation itinerary.

Breakfast was great. Staff were helpful and friendly.

The television in our room didn't work.
    • Standard 1 Queen City View

The television in our room didn't work.

Payment for parking expensive

Payment for parking expensive

Hotel with style & friendliness
    • Standard 1 Queen City View

All of it. Comfort, great view, friendly people, cleanliness was important to us. Parking available. Great spot.

The bed was super comfy and the pillow was great.
    • Standard 1 King City View

The bed was super comfy and the pillow was great.

Staff very friendly.

Staff very friendly.

Great hotel

Parking price

Cleanliness of the room, location of the hotel, and very kind and welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

I liked the power and multiple display connections to...
    • Standard 1 King City View

I liked the power and multiple display connections to connect devices to the tv. Was great for catching up on work.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Great location, comfortable, spacious room!
    • 1 King Water View

Location was excellent! Great view, large room and very comfy bed.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Delta is Swella
    • Standard 2 Queen City View

Parking fee was steep. This hotel was not cheap and they wanted $15 for breakfast...we passed.

Location. Amenities. Good Wifi.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The location was great and so was Luke who helped us at the...

My mother had booked this as a gift for myself and my girlfriend. We were visiting from Halifax and unfortunately we didn't bring out credit cards as we didn't think we would need them. I realize it was the policy to have a credit card which is generally standard with hotels however we had been bothered SO many times by the staff about the credit card. My mom had organized with Kent and she had everything organized with him. Myself and my guest had to wait over 20 mins for this to be confirmed which was quite embarrassing in front of people it made us feel that we aren't valued clients. We are both 28 and did my appreciate being treated like 20 years olds who couldn't afford the hotel. After waiting we finally were able to check into our room but we had several people call us asking us to bring down a card to confirm the stay after I had told them several times this was a gift given to me from my mother. I also had been asked to give my mothers number.. Again super embarrassing and not professional at all. Seeing that she organized this ahead of time this should have not been a problem. Overall it was an ok stay but I've stayed with the delta in Halifax and have had much better service. I would second guess staying again it was unnecessary to go through what we did. Took away from our experience that we heard was suppose to be so good.

The location was great and so was Luke who helped us at the front desk. Also Carlo , your bartender was so professional and such a nice person.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

The staff went out of their way to be friendly to us.

The staff went out of their way to be friendly to us. Considering they had a full house with the jack frost festival, Chinese new year celebration, a wedding show and a hockey tournament, the staff was totally at ease and provided top notch customer service. The room was extremely clean and the beds were so comfy. The room service meal options were varied and delicious and priced extremely well (even the seafood options). I assumed the food would be a little pricey because the hotel is fancy but it was comparable to the local pubs and more convenient. Thanks for being so fair! The pool and gym facilities were excellent as well

• Reviewed: 27 January 2016

The staff there were AMAZING!

The hot tub was out of service.

The staff there were AMAZING! They were very helpful when I needed directions, they were concerned when a very important item was taken and searched high and low for it, they would always greet me and say goodbye when I left... One of the staff even offered me her mittens as I was going to walk outside. Talk about wonderful customer service!

• Reviewed: 12 November 2015

Window seat and veiw of water and city.

Water didn't reach as hot as I like for a bath.

Window seat and veiw of water and city. PILLOWS!!! Decor. Location. All very modern and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2015

Very nice hotel right in the centre of Charlotte Town.

Wifi a bit hit and miss but it's free

Very nice hotel right in the centre of Charlotte Town. Lovely rooms and a massive comfortable bed. Reception staff really helpful and bar area nice.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

The Delta provided the perfect location for our...

The Delta provided the perfect location for our Charlottetown stay. The staff was very courteous and professional. Our room provided a great view of the harbour and was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2015

Centrally located, the most pleasant and helpful desk staff,...

Centrally located, the most pleasant and helpful desk staff, and concierge. I would have no reservations about staying here again. It was Fabulous!

• Reviewed: 12 August 2015

Everything about our stay was very pleasant and very...

They could offer a continental breakfast - included in the room price.

Everything about our stay was very pleasant and very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and offered suggestions of local eateries and places to visit. The hotel was located in a wonderful location on the water within walking distance to downtown areas.

There are also 56 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Delta Hotels by Marriott Prince Edward traveller photo gallery