Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec 4 stars

690 boulevard Rene-Levesque Est, G1R 5A8 Quebec City, Canada

#56 of 104 hotels in Quebec City

The entrance ramp could have been made better as it doesn't help travelers with children and/or plenty of luggage.

Location is excellent. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Restaurant food is better than expected.

The bed is squeaky when you turn around. Some levels of the hotel have not been renovated yet. I do think it is unfair if people book the hotel by looking at the bright and modern pictures showing on the website, and then turned out they get a totally different outdated style of room.

The hotel receptionists work efficiently. Even though it’s a long weekend. They still handle the high volume of people very well. I want to specially thank Véronique and Raphaëlle. I really appreciate these two girls’ working attitude. They welcome you with smile, listen to your concern and try their best to help you. We met Véronique again during the breakfast session in club lounge. Even though it’s an early morning, she set up and cleaned everything quickly and energetically; she also nicely gave us advice about where to tour. The hotel is at a great location. We park here, and walk around the Quebec city all day. The gym opens 24h. You can watch youtube and netflix on the TV or listen to the music by connecting the bluetooth speaker in the room. It’s a good place to stay when tour quebec city, we will definitely come back!

The pool hours (open from 2:30-8:30, and not continuously as yesterday was closed from 6 to 7pm) is definitely a con, also the pool is not suitable for small kids. Lowest end is 1.20m. If you're staying in the 4th floor you need to take the stairs first and then the elevator, or 2 different elevators to get you to the parking lot... Also the restaurant menu needs more variety. If you don't make your reservation with breakfast included you can not add it at check-in.

The location is definitely what makes it worth it! You can just leave your car there and walk everywhere! Free WiFi! Staff is very friendly and helpful! Room service is fast!

I paid a room rate that was to include breakfast and come to find out that it only covered two people per room. I had paid for three rooms and there were a total of 9 of us for the 2nights. Needless to say, three people went without food vouchers which was just another expense to every pricy facility. We were also expecting the Carnival Parade Route to go by the hotel as it always had but didn't find out until we got there that the route had changed and the parade was not going by the hotel.

The beds were very comfortable and room temperature was easy to control.

• King or Queen Room - Concierge Level

unexpected charges on the bill that were not explained, not huge, about $250 but annoying

all the staff were excellent, Denni, car valet service person, great advice on places to eat and made reservations at a local restaurant for us, super helpful , you need something ask Deni

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The whole experience: facility, staff and location . Emy at reception was particularly very helpful in extending our reservation by one more night in the same room.

I booked on booking.com for $229 and when I arrived my bill was $323. They told me I should have read the fine print. The beds were too firm for my back.

I liked that it was easy to find.

The bathroom stinks, and the carpet has visible stains on it. I don't know if it's just our room or

The location is good, it's quiet. Walking distance to all the fun

Although I ordered a king bed for extra comfort, but the bed was squeaky when you turn from side to side. Also, I am a non-smoker, and the fumes of someone smoking next room was felt especially late at night.

Good location and courteous staff.

The layout of the hotel itself is confusing. Walking through a maze of corridors to get to your room

The bed and pillows were excellent. Slept very soundly. Bathroom was very clean and modern. Can't comment on the restaurant or the bar, but the catered food for our meeting was very good and the staff very attentive.

Could use an update to corridors. You will need to order a refrigerator - $ 10 a stay.

Staff was very nice and attentive. Reasonable price and a short walk (5 minutes) to Old Quebec.

The closet space was small and there were not many drawers to put clothes. No exhaust fan in the bathroom and bathroom was small. Too pricey.

The rooms were very clean and well decorated. The amenities in the room were nice (number of towels, shampoo, pillows, etc). Liked having 2 water bottles provided each day. We had a nice view of the city. Great breakfast buffet that was well-priced.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only downside I found, to the extent that I found any, was the need to go up and down hills to get outside coffee, but the location is really good and once you've located your favorite coffee shop (I personally favor Tim Horton's Vanilla latte), they're all within easy reach.

I found the hotel to be great, very comfortable, and with all the amenities. The pool was an extra bonus, though the weather didn't help when I was there. You have plenty of dining options within 5-10 minutes walking distance. The hotel's bar, I have to say, was really good, and the staff very helpful when a colleague and I had to work from there outside of their opening hours.

see above.....

With taxes, the parking cost $35 each night.....we arrived 1 day early and thought we would see if they had a room for us....they did, but for a price that was double what we paid the other 3 nights.....we were very dissatisfied with this.........the total for our stay was much more than we had planned...We like to leave a gratuity of our choice, not have it put on the bill for us.....also, I booked and paid for a room that included breakfast....when the bill came, breakfast was listed for @ $50 a meal.....glad we checked the bill, and also had a copy of our reservation...they did remove the charges...glad I checked the bill.....we will not recommend this hotel due to the unreasonable charge for the additional night stay......

Happened to be there during what seemed to be prom night. Endless noise and teenagers, but the Hotel. Was likely a one night event.

Nice size rooms, clean, and friendly / helpful staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Based on the amount I paid, My expectation was going to a high quality hotel run by Marriot, but the inn Deta doesn't indicate this on the front. I took some pictures as an evidence. Only on computer screen and keys it stated that it's under Marriot's reputation. The night after, I paid less amount on the best classic hotel in the hearts of old town with the best view. Involve is available upon request.

The property was in the worst situation. No lobby, reception desk on the second floor surrounded all by concreat. Long hallways with broken cement, stinky room, no facilities in the room. Unfair charge ( after cancellation i got charged higher amount for Thurs even though the demand is higher on Friday).

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Caveat emptor - should have read the fine print when I booked with Booking.dom, Price was exorbitant, listed in $US, the final price was in smallest possible print and the price per day is not listed, just total, Price for the room went from $199C to $289 Cto $299 C (not shown on Booking.Com statement), not counting the additional taxes, so $985 for a 3-night stay. Amenities could not match that price. Staff at front desk were totally unsympathetic (I could have booked at a conference rate that was much cheaper - but thought that the pricing would be competitive. That is definitely not the case). Room was not cleaned one day (Cleaning person came early - just after 8 am when my spouse was still there but then never came back). Rest of hotel staff were fine, but front desk didn't care about the pricing issue. My conference talk finished at 12:15 pm, but Front desk staff would not allow me to check out at that time, it had to be by 12 noon (small thing, but again, it was the manner in which it was done - very dogmatic approach).

Close to Old Quebec

I thought the entrance to the pool looked dirty. The only other thing I didn't like was the desk registration on the third floor.

The bed was extremely comfortable and I was able to turn down the temperature of the room for good sleeping.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

problem in reservation. confused information if my reservation has been charged or not from booking.com, miss-communication between booking.com and Delta hotel. I am so upset i am still not sure if I have been charged twice or not? i am waiting my credit card statement to verify. Staff refuse to provide me release of per-authorization for my credit card even after full payment done. They don't have receipt of payment. I will never go there again.

location, room size

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Small Queen Room

The beds could use an update on the mattress. Parts of mattress were squishy. The towels could use an update as well. Softness is key. Liquid soap option would be preferred.

The Parking Valet team were phenomenal and very accomodating

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Queen sized bedding in a king sized bed... Room view could have been nicer in a presumed deluxe room. Deluxe king size rooms have small TVs, very small bathrooms and a noisy AC. Customer service and overall experience could have been nicer.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Tired room, extractor fan in bathroom did not work, windows filthy. Very average considering the tariff. I would not stay here again.

The bed was comfortable, breakfast staff friendly

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Very very poor service Due to a strike, there was minimal breakfast on 16/9/2016 with no compensation to customers. Most facilities were also closed that day yet they still saw fit to charge us the full 500$ a night for such poor service All we received was a note asking for understanding from the manager. Well you have to give a little to get a little and any decent hotel would deduct 25% off the bill I tried to get a later checkout which I had requested a month in advance and I could not even get one hour

good location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some of the hotel employees were on a strike so our room was not clean for a couple days and also it felt like an apartment hotel than a full service hotel because the employees do not engage at alll with the guests!!!

Location is great

Their staff was on strike so no one cleaned the room and fascilities were closed. My issue was that no one even informed us of this or offered an apology.

Great sized rooms and comfy beds!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Small Queen Room

Lack of room supplies: 2 glasses for the whole room (double occupancy), if you want a glass of water in the morning you'll have to use the glass you drank a beer in the night before. Also, a single bar of soap...

Nice and clean. Close to 'vieux Quebec' and its restaurants. Pricing is decent.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Complained 3 times that the ac was not working... Same worker came 3 times and turned it off then on again ..i told him it didnt work the first 3 times i did it...and he replied that he was the professional not me.....at midnight they gave us a new room....bell hop refused to move our suit cases because WE requested a room change... So we had to walk through the hotel in our under wear and pjs at midnight with two young children and no clue where our new room was.....it was humiliating

Breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool area could use more loungers. Could not use pool one day because it was at maximum capacity and many waiting to go in.

Room and overall accommodations were lovely. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Just steps from Old Quebec!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The location of this property was perfect. It was close to all of the sites so no car was needed. It was an easy walk back if you needed to take a break during the day. The staff were very helpful. It was very quiet in the room.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

The parking is not free. There is no mini-refrigerator inside the room. Some daytime front desk staffs are "snobbish" if you speak English with heavy accent and don't look like caucasian.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Cost of room was $220 but when we checked out they added additional taxes including maid tip of $21.00 ? This was not expected I had not seen this before, or advertised in the cost of the room.

Location and facility was great!

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Small Queen Room

We had a bit of a hick-up with housekeeping on making up the room, but that was not a big deal. The "nibbles" during the happy hour in the executive lounge were a little frugal; a pity as Marriott's usually score well in that department. As with all hotels in Canada, you feel a bit nickel and dime'd when you check out and see all the government taxes and add ons. Why charge additional tourist taxes etc when one is touring a city and paying over the odds as a tourist anyway?

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and had all sorts of good ideas to help us make the most of our stay and see the best parts of impressive Quebec City. The location is really good. One is just a stones throw from all the main attractions. Special thanks to the concierge for the speed and efficiency of getting our luggage out of the car and into the room on arrival, and getting us loaded up again on departure. Room was great,

• Club King Room

Everything is ok

Location, staff,bar

Room carpet was old and dirty

Location and staff

Surprised by a additional $300.00 charge on top of our regular room charge upon arrival. And parking fee of $50.

Beds are comfy.

To pay for parking

• Club King Room

Noisey neighbors partying but staff stopped them nicely

• Small Queen Room

It was a very windy night and I could hear the wind blow and whistle from my room like the window wasn't proper insulated.

Parking entrance is easy to miss if you don’t turn on the right street

Clean, quiet and close to convention center

Uncomfortable bed Hallways smell Carpeting Very pricy

Friendly staff

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception staff, heating system noise

Breakfast and cleaning staff and valet parking staff

Nice room!

The property was close to old Quebec and a block away from new year's fireworks

Very clean room. Good breakfast, friendly staff.

Loved it that the hotel had everything: fitness centre, breakfast, connection to Convention Centre. Also loved its proximity to Old Quebec.

The rooms are a good spacious and the location

The room view other than that great hotel

Front desk staff amazing would definitely recommend this hotel to others. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Small Queen Room

Only issues was low water pressure and not much hot water.

Bed was perfect, pillows were perfect. Room was quiet and clean.

no Bicardi rum in the bar.

I have a gluten free intolerance ,the menu was okay but could have been better.

• Small Queen Room

Location was slightly further then main downtown. Still walking distance.

Staff extremely friendly and helpful

• Small Queen Room

Shampoo would not come out of the bottle

Beds were wonderful

layout ,have to go up 3 floors to check No direction on how to get any place in the hotel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No shuttle bus to the airport.

Squeaky clean!

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Small Queen Room

No refrigerator in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Found the price a bit expensive knowing the rates of other hotels nearby.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Small Queen Room

Close to everything interesting in Quebec City.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Spacious room with two arm chairs. Would definitely return.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

This hotel has no soul.

Very clean hotel

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Great healthy breakfast items. Fresh fruits and delicious French toast

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Eggs were cooked with vinegar... not a fan.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Breakfast menu and food well prepared. Delicious.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

There wasn't anything we didn't like!

The rooms were very clean and spacious. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room service did not come by to clean up our room.

The receptionist was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

No facilities

Location excellent

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

It was costly

The accommodations were wonderful, that being said, it was rather expensive.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Small Queen Room

The guys in red teeshirt at the front door receiving tourist very cheep looking compare to other hotels in the same price range.

Not really

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

cost of parking.

Big comfy room. Location perfect.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Small Queen Room

The staff was really nice, help me a lot. The restaurant was great!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

That the refrigerator was an extra charge

The pool

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Bed was very squeaky and lumpy

Convenient location to attractions, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Add on charges for third person in room

Location near historic areas

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Room was beyond expectations location was perfect!

Browse Delta Hotels by Marriott Quebec traveller photo gallery