Reviews of Hotel des Arts 2 stars

2060 rue Saint-Dominique, H2X 2X1 Montréal, Canada

#112 of 136 hotels in Montréal

5.9

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Good hotel for a budget traveler

Breakfast wasn't good, but it was free. Wifi wasn't working in the rooms, but who needs wifi when you have the best of Montreal just outside your door?

I had read some very poor reviews and was not expecting much, but our stay at Hotel des Arts was just fine. It isn't a luxury hotel, but it's not bad either. The bed was clean and comfortable. Check-in was quick and easy. Parking is a bit of a walk, but the location is excellent. Overall, this is a perfect hotel for the budget traveler in Montreal.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

The place is quite alright.

The place is quite alright. However they use plastic cups, plates, cutlery for breakfast :( that creates so much unnecessary waste, especially considering all those guests that come and go, it's a shame.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Hope to see their improves. Some of my guest hv stayed here b4. I've tried to stay by my self so...

1. Network interrupted, it takes about more than half hour time for check-in. 2. Booking Confirmation showed that Microwave, Alarm clock,iron, iron facilities are available. But never existed. 3. The hotel informed that the Breakfast to be provided form 7:00 to 10:00 am. But hotel people have cleared out all foods except for limited beverage items.

Room air con is quiet, TV set available but no signal for the whole night (Sept 30, 2018)

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Air conditioning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We waited 1h just to chek in theeeen the men let us wait another 10 min because he’s fu*king system « shutdown » he was sneezing as hell while touching everybody’s ID’s Discusting

Air conditioning

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

I guess, our refusal staying in the hotel is a good answer for this question.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Two stars definitely not representing the classy of the hotel and likely misrepresenting. It may be the case in other city but definitely not in Montreal. We were surprised the poor amenities of the hotel / rooms and refused to stay overnight despite the payment was non-refundable. We eventually moved to another hotel. The reseptionist was helpful, honest, showed us other rooms, his efforts and the sincerity wasn’t enough to impress us though!

Staff’s sincerity

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

It says that there is parking availiable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It says that there is parking availiable... but there is not... you have to pay 23$ for 24h of parking and it is a 10 min walk from the hotel... also, there were alot of hair on the bathroom floor and in the bed...

Hotel des arts
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room a little tired but very serviceable. Parking available but a few minutes walk and had to be paid.

Close to centre, comfortable and great choice for breakfast . Good price for the location .the room was clean and linen lovely.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

terrible, the worst I've been in
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was awful, the shower curtain was hanging off the wall, parking was 4 blocks away in a not so safe neighbourhood, the parkade would have been cleaner to sleep in. We checked out after 1 night, ended up paying for 2. We were told the manager would look into refunding for the one night if I emailed them, I did last week and of course got no reply. The front desk service was terrible, the breakfast consisted of stale muffins or croissants (the coffee was ok) you really shouldn't be advertising this hotel, it was the worst I've stayed in

Absolutely nothing, it was dirty and dingy

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

ok

WiFi was not accessible from my room from time to time. The coffee tasted badly, and condiment milk was not provided. Milk was provided only during breakfast.

Location is good.

The hotel needs serious renovation; the service is barely minimal and the personnel inadequate and rude. Our room was not even made for half the days of our stay. Definitely a place to avoid.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Disaster

Uppon arrival i was the parking was 5 blocks away. It said no smoking but as soon as we got out of the lift on the forth floor there was a cloud of cigarette smoke and we could barely breathe and in the room there were cigarette burns all over the bathroom. It says free wifi in the room but you have to stand at the door to connect, otherwise your gadgets wouldnt even locate. Breakfast i didnt even bother having anything, as when i walked in for check in i saw a bunch of croissants in boxes just sitting on a pile or things behind the receptionist. Most of the stuff not friendly. I had a guest coming from europe and i was embarrassed. Never again. Totaly the opposite of ad.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Stay away from this hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stay away from this hotel! I prepaid for 4 days, but i couldnt stay more than one night. I changed the hotel! It was very run down. I had to kill a huge bug on the wall right i stepped in the room.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great value for a huge bed in the city.

Ground floor rooms overlook main road which is noisy early.

The rooms are great - huge comfortable bed in a much bigger room than the chains. The staff are ultra-helpful and friendly. It's super value too if you don't mind the hostel-type breakfast experience - polystyrene cups and bowls. Needless to say, we'll be back for a 5th visit next year.

Nothing - see below

What on earth is going on?! I've had my card billed for my FRIEND'S stay here, which he also paid cash at the desk for! I SPECIFIALLY told you this was going to happen. This is ABOMINABLE! I DID NOT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO DO THIS!

Nothing - see below

Good value for the money, if you look for a cheap and convenient accomodation

Hotel needs a renovation (but it was clean).

Good value for the money concerning breakfast (coffee, croissants, toast, bagels, cornflakes). Metro and airort bus close to property. Close to downtown Montreal.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Hotel des Arts
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Outdated, no fridge in rooms, bathrooms smelled a little funny when we entered the room on arrival.

Close to the downtown area. Definitely walking distance to many restaurants/bars and other attractions. Front desk employees were friendly and bilingual.

I expected a little more
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Room had a weird smell, only light that worked was the one in the washroom and the one by the bed, AC didn’t cool the room enough.

Location and staff was great! Close to subway station and main street. The staff was very friendly and welcoming!

Not recommended!!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The place is run down. Breakfast was very poor. Parking was far and very expensive ($32!!!!!) We had to deposit $100 (which was not mentioned in our booking) and they went to check the room before they return the money. Never heard about this in any hotel that I have been (and I have been in many!!!)

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

A very disappointing ezperience

Rude staff,they didn't help us at all and we felt unconfortable there. Horrible breakfast ( 100% industrial pastry). Very expensive price. A very disappointing experience.

Nothing good about our stay.

Worst experience ever - Stay away!

The breakfast was horrible, the only thing available to put on the crappy looking toast was butter and peanut butter. Only fruit available were rotten bannanas. If you are lucky you get some old croissants. Plastic cups and paper plates makes it even more cheap looking. Whole hotel smells horrible - like cigarettes and decay. No parking is available (even if it says on the site there is) - only if you pay 25$ then you can park at disgusting parking with rats. The AC is very loud and dirty. There was mould in the bathroom tub. In my 30 years I have never stayed at a worse hotel than this one. The extra money we had to spent for breakfast food and parking could of get us a much nicer hotel - so not worth it at all!

There is nothing to like at this hotel. The only positive side is the location - close to old town.

room near front entrance was rather noisy WiFi is irregular in performance They are a little difficult about sign in time. Officially it is 15:00, but with front desk staff doing little, and rooms available, that seems not to be something to worry about. It does degrade the experience of staying there.

A/c is Excellent esp.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

They don’t have a Parking.

A/c is Excellent esp. Summer. Staffs are Friendly & Helpful. Love the Towel holders/hangers rack beside my bed. They serve Breakfast. Shower pressure is excellent. Thankful for the Ice Machine at Lobby.

Pedro - receptionist.

The room 106. The room that I was there is exactly beside the breakfast area , means at 7am it is possible to hear all the noises from there. Unfortunately it is very noisy.

Pedro - receptionist. Very friendly and helpful. The location is amazing . It is possible to walk for a lot of different tourist areas , enjoy the whole day just walking some few blocks. Subway is very closer also. I can recommend for sure this hotel for who ask me about!!!

Outworn, smelly place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not really clean, outworn, yet pricey. Smell of smoke everywhere, despite the high non-smoking card deposit. Breakfast in an overcrowded place, supplies running out quickly.

The staff are friendly especially at the reception, however...

Bfast

The staff are friendly especially at the reception, however they need to improve o the breakfast coz they rarely serve fruits, and if they do, its always. A banana. Day in day out!otherwise I can recommended a friend

This hotel is scam they took 3 payment from me and I did not...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel is scam they took 3 payment from me and I did not stay in the hotel even do I cansled they charged me twice for the room and would not give me money back and when I called booking they would not do nothing about it

EXPENSIVE AND THAT MUCH MORE SO SINCE I HAVE NOT GOTTEN MY DEPOSIT. THEIR CONTACT EMAIL IS INVALID.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact that my deposited was not returned. The lack of any parking anywhere close to the building. The do not disturb sign was nowhere to be found until one of the staff noticed my replacement for it, a paper ripped out of a notebook with "do not disturb" written on it. . THEIR CONTACT EMAIL IS INVALID.

The room was large, like a rotund woman.

Location is good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very basic accommodation. Seemed very expensive for the quality of the hotel; however, it was the F1 weekend. I would not choose to stay there again.

Location is good. Close to a metro stop - St. Laurent or a 6 min walk to Berri-QUAM metro. Only a 20 minute walk to Old Montreal. Parking is offsite and $25/night.

The stay was just okay, enough to stay after a long and tiring day.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The amount charged to my credit card was not the initial amount I booked for! It's $50 more of what Booking.com showed when I confirm the order. Also, there are some short hairs sticking on the inside part of the comforter :(.

I love the all day coffee being made available continuously. The staff are ok but most of them doesn't speak English. The breakfast was just ok, its free so I can't comment anything bad to it.

Very good Location to enjoy Old Montreal or New Montreal.

Soap very small Shampoo very Little

I stayed at this Hotel before and I can say, you get what you pay for... in terms of what you get in your room. Low price you donnot get coffee maker or a closet for all you have in your luggage, But At the end of the day, you can sleep confortable and dream about your next Vacation. Thank you!

Decent walkable distance from most things downtown.

I put a limitation on Booking.com to make sure I had parking. The parking that was offered were a few spots on the street, which were usually always taken. The areas around were either residential (which is hard to realize unless you read the signs closely, which I got a parking ticket) or paid parking. Can be loud from the area.

Decent walkable distance from most things downtown. Silent hours.

It's not a hotel, but decoration of hotel

It's not a hotel, but decoration of hotel. At first glance everything is ok. But as soon as you trying to use it - nothing is working. Toilet flush - broken, shower - broken, washing your hands - water is either extra hot or extra cold. Nothing in between. AC is starting to work in the middle of the night with sounds of monster truck. Parking: hotel sends you to the expensive one 21$ - couple of the blocks away, there are cheaper ones in the same distance. Breakfast: Coffee and day old pastries. The only good thing is a bed - it's comfy, no questions.

it's terrible, we definitely not going back. definitely NOT.

mostly all. there's no parking, the receptionist doesnt know what shes doing. we booked 2 bedrooms but only gave us 1. when tried to ask for our another room, she blamed us for not telling. ask for crib, ended up not using it and we didn't know its not refundable, again receptionist did not inform us. ask for extra bed sheets because our bed sheets are dirty and has a hole on it, receptionist said "no". smells terrible rooms, hallway even the elevator.door lock busted. bed aren't comfortable, they're sagging. breakfast: stale croissant, bread and cereal, coffee and juice.

only the location.

I wouldn’t recommend it.

Everything in the hotel is old, and it doesn’t look clean. The smell of tobacco is all over the place (which isn’t surprising, considering they still have Smoker Rooms). The room where i stayed was really cold (although the weather was nice), it wasn’t properly clean, the walls were stained and the sheets had burned holes. The shower was broken, and every time I had a shower a lot of water went into the bathroom floor. The evening receptionist (a girl) wa a really inexperienced and has an attitude. She was really rude to me when I asked why I had been charged for the room before even checking in, she was pulling faces and rolling her eyes at me and he refused to try to solve my problem. I don’t understand why they ask for a deposit, this is something that has never happened to me before. I payed $89/night and I didn’t expect any luxuries... however, I didn’t expect either to be treated this way.

The only thing that I didn’t dislike was the actitud of the manager of the hotel.

Ok for a Short Stay

Paid parking and too far away. Could hear the noises in adjacent rooms. Carpet didn't look clean. Smell in the elevator. Breakfast quality below average.

Good location. Friendly staff. Easy checking in and out.

Never again

They charge the amount on your card even if you are not present and dont give you the option to pay in cash (plus the 150$ deposit). The girl in the evening shift is SO unfriendly and unhelpful. (The people on the morning shift were better). The breakfast sucks... The rooms are old and the corridors smell like tobacco. The bathtube was dirty. I've been to hostels in India that were way better.

We expected more for the price. There is a lot of room for improvement.

The initial room presented to us was not what we had reserved. After we complained another room was substituted which was better. The shower in the bathroom was not clean (human hair) The heating / cooling unit did not work ( the remote control was unavailable.) We were able to open a window to cool the room. There was only one chair in the roomThere were only two accessible electrical outlets: one in bathroom, the other after moving the bed. There was another one behind the TV and closet near the desk but I could not move the furniture to reach it. No desk lamp or ceiling light near the desk. My initial request for a taxi ( phone call from my room) was not acted upon. I had to approach the reception desk in person.

Convenient location. Friendly staff though the receptionist seemed inexperienced. No traffic noise.

The location is the only good thing.

Lots of dust on the floors and furniture. Very dirty floors. Got a non-smoking room but the bathroom smelled like smoke. Wifi does not work at all. Have to pay 150$ deposit which u get back at the end of your stay.

The location is the only good thing. And it was my last resort so I took this even with the bad reviews i read before.

Not good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The Wifi didn't always work.. Parking was 3 streets down and it cost us 21$ for 24h.. the staff didn't seem to like working there and the pictures do not represent the facility.

I personally wouldnt return there
    • Room Selected at Check-In

the quality of rooms and service

nothing positive to say about the facility , the advertisement shows something completely different that what you actually walk into.

Save your money.

Nothing everything are worst

Save your money.. Do not taks this hotel...please listen to my comment. If u want to have a good night... Do not book with this hotel.

the staff was really helpfull and room is big enough but the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

yes, it was close to city centre but we didn’t like the neighbourhood. the breakfast was quite bad.

the staff was really helpfull and room is big enough but the decoration is so ugly :)

It's acceptable.

Small room, AC or heating system not working properly, Noisy (not fully isolated - external sound) room.

This hotel is located very close to the downtown. Reception staff are very friendly and cooperative.

Room was good and clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lots of noise during night. Seems like people jumping on the floor above. When asked for a extra towel, they refused to provide.

Room was good and clean.

We enjoyed the hotel, but will never return on account of the sleepless nights.

The noise from the other guests. We stayed 2 nights (March 30-April 1), and on both them, we had a couple or a group who came back to their room, which was near ours, on both nights close to 2:00am slamming the door over and over, screaming and laughing, fighting, locking each other out of their room for at least an hour. Sounded like young teenagers. Needless to say, they were drunk, childish, and inconsiderate. In addition, the room directly above ours contained someone / some people who was / were crazy. I don't know how else to say it, but it sounded simply like some type of institution.

The location.

Not coming back
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Nothing was done right. I asked for a room with double beds, and got a single bed room for 3 of us. They only served a bagel for breakfast and there was no water anywhere. The showers water pressure was like someone getting a last drip of water. And no one came to clean our room.

Location was good, but that’s about it

Horrible service but great location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Everything else. Staff was rude and charged for every little thing. Continental breakfast started at 7 and ended before 9am even though they told us that we were mistaken and it was on till 10 when we came down at 9 and sow no food or juice. Horrible place, only thing great is the location.

Solo female travelers, stay out of this place.

The staff was horrible. They charge extra $50, so $150 total for cash deposit and they didn't mention that to you in advance, nor on the website. Also, the receptionist guy was creepy. All 3 receptionists were men and had sexist attitude acting like they didn't care about you, and they give you creepy and long stare. As a solo female traveler, I do not recommend this place. The entrance and lobby is completely filled with around 60 year old men. Also, the walls are paper thin as well as ceiling and you could hear every walk or whisper from the rooms surrounding you.

Wifi was ok.

We had a great time and the property was accomadating

There wasn’t any tooth brush and the shampoo wasn’t good.

The bed was really big and comfy. And the morning shift cleark was a really nice guy which made our stay even more comfortable.

Great for the price

Staff interupted us by knocking on the door at 9 am and again at 11am and 1130 am to remind us check out was at 12. We had the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and we did not like being disturbed for no reason.

Perfect location, perfect price, I always stay here for concerts and music shows and I will stay here again.

Hotel des Arts offers comfort, value, and security in a part of Montreal that is very volatile!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The floors were very cold. I would suggest that the hotel install carpets in the rooms. Also, the breakfast was really sub-standard. There were no eggs of any kind and no yogourt either. The orange juice was of poor quality as well.

Hotel des Arts is quite simply an ordinary hotel where everything works! From the excellent plumbing and thermostat adjustment to the superb Sharp 40 inch TV, Hotel des Arts makes you feel comfortable and secure. It is located on a quiet street, but it is only one block away from all the action on Boul. St. Laurent. The manager and night clerk were both knowledgeable and helpful.

I did not even get to my room since the whole facility was...

I did not even get to my room since the whole facility was just not up to my expectations. A lady was smoking from her room, there was a bottle of rum on the counter, there was so many people in the lobby waiting to be booked into their rooms but the receptionist was too busy... all in all, would not recommended to anyone I know.

Glad it was only one night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was very cold, bedding stained, blanket very thin, phone didnt work, bathroom needed TLC (patch walls, exhsust was open with exposed wiring, towels were too small.

Shower water was nice and hot

Great job guys. Thank you great stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not much. It great, very clean. Maybe more pillows. Newer tv. Not it was great.

It was great close to everything. We walked around and got to see lots of Montreal. We had alot of fun. The staff were very helpful.

Worse
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like anything in this hotel. This hotel does not even deserve one star. I don't know why this hotel is rate so good maybe he pays people to do that. No carpet on the floor, no water to drink when you ask they tell you to drink water coming from the2 toilets. Phone in room does not work. To join the reception you have to call with your phone. No tv, no cable. When someone comes visit you they ask him to pay $10 plus tax for 30 mins. Never heard such of thing in my life. Bad breakfast that is not even a breakfast. They block the juice machine so that juice cannot comes out. They are so stingy. Blanket and Sheets are old and dirty. And the price was $140 per night wich is not the price we saw online when we booked. They are not even welcoming. They don't care of whether clients are happy or not. They allow people smoking inside the rooms. I had my baby who was 2 months and my neighbor was smoking pot and cigarette. Who can allow people smoking inside rooms. All those who have this hotel care is money nithing else. I really warn people to stay away from this hotel or you will regret it as my family and I did. Don't go and or stay there. Hotel is so dirty. When you ask water to drink they tell you to drink water coming from the toilet. Unbelievable! The is so much we can say for this hotel which is not good but the only advise I can give you do not go there

Nice stay at Hotel des Arts! The Wifi coverage is excellent!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is good. Wifi is execellent! This hotel close to Metro Station, Saint Laurent, very convenient to take the train. Staff are really helpful and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No parking space, took an hour to find hotel, rude lady on the desk,hot water tap not working, mattress was not good, too many noises from upstairs rooms, bad experience

Nothing at all

If you are looking for a basic room for a decent price, this is for you.

Internet is slow, although you can do basic things. Some cleaning for the carpet in the room could be nice.

Quiet in the room, location is fine. Price/quality is excellent.

Our family enjoyed time we stayed at this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There is nothing major which needs to be mentioned here.

The hotel has a strategic location in a proximity with shopping mall, cinema, park etc. A friendly staff is ready to please you satisfying your every raising need. Quiet hotel, good for a family.

Bad staff...snubby...no manners.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff at the front desk was not helpful and snubby. We found garbage out in the drawers, and we complain about it, the cleaners are not being polite as well. Plus the property has no parking, the lady from the front desk was not even helpful where we could park, so we ended up getting a ticket. So our trip was not that exciting. As we dont understand much of french sign on the street. Really sad. So we did not leave a tip as we did not get a good service after all.

The location and the restaurant nearby.

Not bad at all - I had a comfortable stay and would stay again

Continental (i.e cold) breakfast tasted slightly stale. Property is located perhaps a little too far from the more popular and safer sections of downtown for some people.

Rooms are large and well equipped. Windows are built to keep out the noise and the cold weather. Air conditioner does both heat and cooling brilliantly. Friendly staff. Only a 10 to 15 minute walk from an airport bus stop and slightly longer to the historical section of downtown.

It was a good 2 days stay, we have an issue of water running non stop in the bath that the manager inform us that cannot
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The second day of my stay I have to request the room to be cleaned because it was 4pm (after checking hours) and it was not done yet. staff told me that they are still cleaning and they provide towels and clean immediately.

It is Close to downtown

Just enough for one night, not more.

The wi-fi was very weak and there was a weird smell in the hall between the rooms. Also, if somebody speaks in the street in front of you, you hear everything, it wakes you up.

The bed was confortable and the washroom clean.

Nice place to stay for a night
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Blocked amount (guarantee) on the CC account for a few days which was an inconvienience for me regarding my further bookings. It was released of course, yet I was not aware it will take a few days

Good location and price

I would say it was okay. I would stay here again but would look for something better first.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The hotel lost our reservation but luckily they had a room available. The parking on the website indicated that it was included and on the property. It was neither included or on the property. Three blocks away and an extra $21.00 CAD. Continental breakfast was bagels and coffee.

The staff were all super nice and the location was fantastic for the purpose of our trip.

Only the location is good, not the other things about the hotel. I wouldn't recommend.

The breakfast was awful, hotel was old, the corridor was damp and smelled bad. The room didn't have fridge and it was supposed to have an iron but it didn't.

The location was good, Close to the Place des Arst and good resturant on St Laurent st. , Clean room, Friendly staff.

1st and last time
    • King Room - Smoking

Room was horrible with a bad smell and an old tv.. The receptionist during checkout had a really bad attitude, he made me feel unwelcome even though I was nice and polite, didn't want to sink to his level and partake in the negativity. Never going back there!

Good price and good location.

Wifi is very slow.

The location where the hotel is is good. You can walk to the main area for sightseeing. Close to China town, so easy to fill your stomach. This hotel is a little old, and the road in front of the hotel is a little dark, but if you don't mind about that, the quality of the hotel is good enough for the reasonable price!

Stay heart of Montréal
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wi-Fi was weak. Front desk are tiny and busy when we checked in / out

Good price, location, staff is kindly, easy to access to downtown and old town by using public transportation or just walking

Place is in need of investment for renovation, because I feel it has great potential.
    • King Room - Smoking

TV is 200 yrs old. Old furniture.

Staff was nice. Bathroom was good, but this hotel needs major furniture renovation. Awesome location. Parking was a major issue.

It's walking distance to downtown and all the shops,...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No parking on site, you need to walk 3-5 blocks to park your car.

It's walking distance to downtown and all the shops, chinatown, old montreal and etc.

Low budget

Waited 45 mins to check in .yes took that long to check in 2 people.. Smoking rooms across from none smoking rooms..carpets in hall not vacumned...

Location great

A good hotel for short stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room has no minibar or fridge. There is no tea or coffee facility in the rooms. The rooms's flooring needs renovation (old carpets). There are limited amenities in the room (sanitary and so on). The breakfast can be more diverse.

The reception desk staff was very friendly and welcoming. It was good that the hotel has breakfast facility (although terse) for a reasonable price. The bathroom was clean with enough clean towels. The area was calm and peaceful.

Not recommended
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The checking in process is very slow. The poor customer service of the female receptionist. The poor shower amenities. breakfast with very limited dishes and quantity. the old furniture of the room.

Ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was fungus in the bathroom. The breakfast that was served was minimum. What is mentioned in the discription is actually what was offered, so not many to choose from. Especially during the evening the WiFi didnt had a strong signal.

The room was spacious and clean. The room has good facilities. The hotel itself is located in a grey area but very close to the subway, buses and stores.

Browse Hotel des Arts traveller photo gallery