Reviews of Econo Lodge Quebec Airport 3 stars

7320 Boulevard Wilfrid Hamel, G2G 1C1 Quebec City, Canada

#88 of 104 hotels in Quebec City

I liked everything.

The staff was very kind and helpful, I was initially given a single room, but the guy at the reception made a quick for and got us a family room for four

• Queen Room - Second Floor

It would have been nice to have a microwave oven in the room but it sure wasn't a deal breaker.

Great location. Comfy. Affordable. Can't ask for more than that.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

On your website you claimed to have an airport shuttle, but you didn't. It was the reason I booked. When I got there the guy on the desk said he would arrange a van as we had skis etc. for 0430hrs. When the taxi showed up it was small car that couldn't accommodate the four of us and our luggage . The attendant couldn't get an answer at the cab company. Change your website. When I see airport shuttle I expect just that. I won't stay with you again.

Close to airport

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

We were in the last room at the end of the corridor, at the limit for the wifi signal.

Great value for money, convenient to Base de Ste. Foy where we participated in the Polar Hero race, breakfast included in price.

Same answer as above

The only hick is the carpet in the room, in my room I was lucky enough to have wood flooring but in my daugther's room they had carpet, when you open the door the smell was there, even if you clean with all the elbow power you have there will always be "the " smell

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Breakfast room was very crowded, food was ok but not great.

We did not speak much French and most staff did not speak much English b but we but communication went well.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Forgot earrings on the bathroom sink, called back an hour after having left and “they were not there”. Would have appreciated the maid to have brought them to the front desk. They were inexpensive but had great sentimental value.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Its not really a big issue but instead of asking you how will you be paying the room at the checkout, they just took it during the last night on my credit card.

Location, clean room

• Queen Room - Second Floor

The breakfast was reasonable but more options could be provided.

The price was reasonable and the location was relatively convenient for us to go the Old City of Quebec. The gentleman at the reception was helpful.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

The above should be here!

Morning female staff was aloof, rude and distance. I was the only one in the lobby, I stood at the counter for 3 plus minutes (she knew I was there) while she stamped some envelopes. I finally asked her the distance to Montreal, looking irritated she answered. No good morning or how are you? Nothing. Miserable!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Not enough protein at breakfast. Mattress was too firm. Could hear the t.v. In the room upstairs. Room I got was not the one I booked, I was supposed to have a room on 2nd floor.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

No elevator as this is only 2 stories building. You should get car(either your own or rent) as there is no public transportation. Around 20 km away from downtown and Old city

The best accommodation I ever experienced. Nice bilingual staffs, Daily Cleaning, Fridge on your request($10 one tie price), So much parking spot available in free, very quiet even though it's right on the street.Everything is perfect. And breakfast is free, the location is good(really close to airport)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Good location for our trip. Spacious and clean rooms with a nice floor (without any carpet). Friendly staff. Beds were comfortable. Internet was fast.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Second booking, air condition not working in room. They only wanted to give me a $10 credit, but I argued and they gave me a free stay for up to one year.

Good location, nice staff.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

There is no elevator,the shower didn't work properly it was spraying in between the head and arm of shower and the water didn't drain properly,the drain was clogged and it took the water awhile to drain. Bed was not comfortable,bring your own pillows, the pillows there were aweful,very cheap.as soon as we got in the door there was a smell in the room

The location was good, Close to alot of stores and restaurants. The price was good for the hotel,lots of parking

• Queen Room - Second Floor

The only inconvenience was the distance between the hotel and Quebec's City downtown.

This Eco Lodge Hotel is very good to stay for few days in Quebec city for a reasonable price: it includes a very decent vast breakfast, parking spot and internet for those net lovers. Besides, it is a good option for a night for those road trip travelers. The backside, it is only an excellent option if you are driving or wish to spent time commuting by bus or cab.

Extremely small area for breakfast, rooms had a smell of old stuff, shower was good, but carpet in the room really old and somehow stained. The bed was okay and it was overall an okay place to crash for one night. Far from old Quebec

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

At certain hours the breakfest room is very very too small. On the second day we could not use our key either at the back door and our room. Reason offer by staff "the key could not be used because the key was in my wallet" Stupid, where could I put it safely?

Bigger bed :)

The person at the front desk was very nice :) He gave us a reminder call regrading the booking and even though we reached so late, was super kind to show us rooms and make us feel so welcome, and give an extra bed for no extra charge. The rooms are just as shown in the picture, nice, comfortable and clean. Breakfast and wifi was free. Breakfast was fresh and unlimited. Thanks to the kind lady who worked non stop to let the guests be full. Thank you Econo Lodge!

• Queen Room - Second Floor

The AC did not work the toilet did not flush properly and a disappointing breakfast and had to pay extra for a fridge in our room. Would not ever go back!!!

Parking and location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

They did not honor my corporate code discount after speaking with the manager. The breakfast lady was rude. The room had an odor.

Did not have to wait long to get my room.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Breakfast facility not adequate to accommodate the number of guests that the hotel has each night. More tables and a larger room would be helpful.

Good location and staff friendly. We were impressed at how well staff could speak both English and French when the need arose.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

The breakfast was served in what used to be a bedroom so it was tiny. The waffles were in pieces and looked like someone had returned them from their plate... one part of the coffee machine didn't work... same for the toaster....

Nothing really...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

This was the first hotel stay of our Rd trip and the shower walls had someone else's hair on them and in the tub so it clearly wasn't cleaned properly. They gave 10$ back

Staff was great and location as well

No wifi or very weak coverage in my room Key cards did not work 3 times during my stay , maybe an issue in door lock Breakfast is limited, every item run out needs to request to refill, no matter of time early morning or late breakfast There is no refrigerator in the rooms, have to pay extra if requested

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Only thing was, when we park the vehicles on the side, we had to carry stuff around to the front as the side doors were out of order. They should get them working as it is a pain to carry baggage around with kids. And did not have a lift to take heavy stuff.

Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I booked two rooms and one was having a bad smell. I had to quickly request another room, which the staff was nice to provide. Breakfast was pretty good too.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Breakfast was not good. No quality items such as eggs, meat, yogourt, fruit or danishes. Just white bread and cereal. Toaster broken. They ran out of cereal when I had come down. Hotel is very cheap and they cut back too many amenities.

Room was quiet and upper level, as I had expected.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The beds were horrible, visibly sagging in the middle. The complimentary continental breakfast was located in the strangest setting, using two single motel rooms with the suite door adjoining them opened. The food was mediocre, at its best, and the extra utensils were stored in the bathroom of the room which housed the dining area.

The location was easy to access and near stores and restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Internet wifi was a little slow but still good. It was better in the morning.

Receptionist professional and friendly. see my ratings for other feedback. Ice machine was downstairs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - First Floor

The wifi was really not good, did not work most of the time. Was the same when we went over a year ago so did not change. Lots of other people also complain about it. Also the breakfast area is VERY VERY to small for all the people going to eat there and always running out of food so makes it hard to have a good breakfast. So makes it hard to decide to go there again.

Room sound proof.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Our reservation by booking.com did not appear in their system. Lucky we had a paper copy of our confirmation booking....we DID NOT GET 2 DOUBLE BEDS as requested at booking. The manager was very accommodating in resolving this issue but we had to take the only room available with one queen bed and a sofa bed with an additional cot......not very comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The tight room for breakfast.

Check-in/out fast and friendly service. Poor breakfast in a tight room. The cleaning was good but they can care more about the bathroom cleaning details. Good beds and bedroom.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

We were given a room that someone was already occupying and they would not take my work discount or booking claim for a hotel with the better price even though they "price match". Also did not speak english so could not understand.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Unfortunately, there was a labor strike. I booked 2 nights, but I could stay only 1 night because of it.They said this is very rare case though.

The reception people were nice.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

they could make the breakfast sitting area big. . they could make there beds more comfy and proper mattresses. don't expect much as for the price, but at least they can give comfy beds in this price. overall staff , we only met the receptionist, who was fantabulous very friendly, nice to talk and gave a lot of details,especially when we came so late at night.

the receptionist was wonderful, very friendly, nice to talk and beautiful. she made us feel at home, right by talking only. wonderful.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Queen Room - Second Floor

1)Dirty sheets with hair and brown stains. Called the front desk only to be told the hairsi maybe from the maid but no explaination of the brown stains. She recluctantly came and changed the sheets. 2)The maid came at 8:00am to clean the room. 3)Useless breakfast, eliminate it and discount the price.

Nothing!!!! Oh wait, when I left!!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room - Second Floor

I booked room on booking.com..mentioned I'd like a 2nd floor room and pet friendly...seen the room total and booked...then upon arrival after getting key and bringing our stuff in plus our small pug..went to room...room had a very awful smell...air conditioner leaked so carpet was wet...took my dog outside to go to bathroom..came in front door of hotel where I had just a short time walked through with my dog and the same lady that checked us into room..a topped me and asked my room number...she then told me she wasn't aware of any pet and that there was an additional charge as pets weren't allowed...I told her I booked online and mentioned I needed a pet friendly room and no whee did it state that this wasn't a pet friendly hotel!...and at the end of the hall on same floor there was a small chihuahua!!...was not happy!!.

I liked that it wasn't too far off the highway

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

- Increase the variety of options for breakfast. - Increase the number of English television channel available. - You may want to consider having customer loyalty program in place.

- The receptionist on our arrival was the most helpful and pleasant person we have met in Quebec City, excellent job. She allowed us into our room earlier than expected, as we drove all night from Toronto. - The fact that there was always coffee available; this was an excellent welcome beverage. - Our maid was excellent she was very helpful when called upon. Our room was very clean and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Room - Ground Floor

Staff was not helpful, corridor leading to our room had all kinds of bad smells, the bed was very uncomfortable, the air conditioner in our room was not working, the room was very stuffy and the price was expensive for this type of facility

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

Could use a fridge.

Air conditioning, discount coupon for taxi to the airport, good TV, close to Chinese buffet restaurant (wide variety of food, but not high quality).

excellent

confortable

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Comfy and a great breakfast!

No elevator

quiet location good breakfast

Breakfast room

Accomodation

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Room seemed smaller than average.

towels tattered

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Internet sucks. Some guests smoke and are tolerated. Far from everything. Staff unfriendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Unpleasant inescapable odour in the room.

Good value for the price. Location was appropriate for our trip and easy to find.

Could be cleaner

Price

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Furniture piled up in hallways ??

Bed was ok

Thé service

Thé employées was very pleasant.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Great staff, great breakfast and such a nice room

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Nothing really. Breakfast a little boring.

We were able to make hot beverages easily. It was surprisingly quiet. Staff was very helpful.

The internet was bad.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

I faced a problem with my toilet, i informed the staff but i spend all the night with the problem. Staff need to be more reactive

Large room, clean

Quiet

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Have a microwave in the room to heat take out.

The room was comfortable

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Beds a little too soft for our liking.

Good value for the money.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Very clean hotel at a good price.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Ac didn't work in room, also I paid more online than if I booked in person with the motel

Breakfast was decent for cheap motel

Everything was ok

no elelvator

clean facility at a very reasonable rate

Odour

Bad smell in the room was overwhelming...!

Room was cozy and clean

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Nice bilingual staff,clean rooms,good breakfast. Great location about 5 kilometres off Hwy 40 west of Quebec.

The pillows

It was what we expected..ok..clean ..

• Queen Room - Second Floor

The front doors were too close together so very difficult to enter and exit with luggage.

Nice room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Our room never got cleaned when we left for the day and we had to ask for clean towels.

The receptionist was very helpful. Our stay was very peaceful.

• Queen Room - Second Floor

Far from the activity I wanted

Price

Not a thiing

Convenient to airport

• Queen Room - Second Floor

continental breakfast could use a little more variety

location and it was quiet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Bed good and close to airport

• Queen Room - Second Floor

no fridge . ironing board near the bead not to good.