Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton South Conference Centre 4 stars

4404 Gateway Boulevard, Southeast Edmonton, T6H 5C2 Edmonton, Canada

#18 of 102 hotels in Edmonton

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Staff were wonderful as always, exceptionally professional...

Only downside can be the cost, but provides exceptional service every time.

Staff were wonderful as always, exceptionally professional and thoughtful, very polite and eager to help. Has become my preferred hotel when travelling through Edmonton.

Excellent hotel and superb customer service. Will stay here again.

TV was somewhat clumsy to use. Had to keep changing the input to get it to work. Not a huge issue, though.

Best customer service I have ever received at a hotel. Kudos to the team there. From front desk, to housekeeping, to F&B staff, to the public area cleaners. Room was modern, comfortable, and clean as well as priced competitively. Will be staying here again.

Over all I was satisfied and would visit again!

Size of room for two queens was very small.... Tight bathrooms also. Parking for larger Truck/ SUV was difficult... Recieved a door dent because of the tight spaces....!!!

Over all the Hotel served our purpose and location. Clean and well appionted. Resteraunt was excellent. Beds are very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The bed was extremely comfortable and the front desk staff...

The coffee 🙈 and (not the hotels fault) but construction on or near the hotel overnight was extremely loud and I had a terribly hard time sleeping

The bed was extremely comfortable and the front desk staff were the best I’ve talked to!

Excellent value centrally located and easy to access. Staff was exceptional.

There was a fairly strong perfume smell throughout the hotel (cleaner/deodorizer).

Every staff member was friendly and helpful. They put extra effort into making sure kids were enjoying their stay which exceeded my expectations for a conference centre.

Best hotel experience

Pillows were way too big

The staff were absolutely amazing especially Luke who worked in the restaurant lounge aurora very knowledgeable of the food and wines and extremely friendly. As well as the front seat person shiv he was wonderful. We road in on a bike and were cold and wet and he brought milk cookies and banana bread to our room. Amazing service.

Great place to stay and a good value for the money.

Everything was fine.

The front desk clerk Mohammad went above and beyond. He helped us take our luggage to our room and when it was time to leave he cane up and took all our luggage to the vehicle. He als kept us hydrated with lots of free water.

Good convenient hotel with facilities as advertised.

Breakfast room was seriously understaffed. There was no direct access into the hotel from the covered car park which did not have stairs, which is inconvenient if you have heavy bags.

Pleasant room, interesting (urban) view from window,

Overall our experience was enjoyable!
    • Queen Room

Prices were steep for food and alcohol, and the grab and go staff were confused , unorganized and made what was suppose to be a quick experience very painful and lengthy!

The staff were excellent, very helpful and polite!

Was upset that when I booked in they tried to up charge for...
    • Queen Room

Was upset that when I booked in they tried to up charge for a second bed in the room but had reserved 2 queen bed room. Also made comments that I shouldn’t make bookings through this site in the future

Great stay!

The hot tub was under construction or repairs so it was closed, it's also confusing how to get to the pool, no signs.

The location is great and close to everything we needed. The staff was so friendly and amazing, especially when dealing with the incident that happened at the hotel during our last night.

I was a loyal customer of this hotel and stay here every time I travel to Edmonton. But no more.

The wall is not sound proof at all. I can hear every word from the next door in the late night. The hot tub was closed without any notice. So disappointed!

Enjoyed our stay there.

The food was expensive in the restaurant and lounge. It was good but not amazing for what we paid. The breakfast buffet had a good selection but the service was a little slow. Perhaps they were short on people that day.

Onsite workout facility, complimentary fruit in lobby and workout room, hot chocolate & infused water in lobby. Staff were friendly and attentive.

Not sure I’d stay there again even though the staff tried to make things better.

The pet policy could be updated to say that a guest cannot leave a pet unattended. My first room was across the hall from a barking dog. There was no ignoring it - could hear it through two doors and across a hall. Also, holiday party in the building (one or more?) and despite being on the 8th floor we could recognize the songs and hear the DJ.

The location was perfect for south Edmonton visiting. Easy to find and way to park. The staff were very accommodating and kind. They changed my room (could have upgraded or comp’ed me my breakfast - would have been a good PR move).

Great time at the U of A 75 Faculty of Education event. The staff there were excellent.
    • Queen Room

The room was quite warm. Couldn't figure out how to adjust the temp. Tried what appeared to be a thermostat but seemed to be for the AC. Wasn't unbearable but a little on the warm side for sleeping.

The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. The lady looking after the lounge in the afternoon was amazing. By herself, smiling helpful cheerful with quite a number of patrons in the room.

Nice place always a Delta fan but kinda outdated for the price.

it is out dated...needs some major reno, the pool area need a complete overhaul. and the windows all need to be replace in the room.

i like the location and that it is clean and staff are friendly.

Convenient Place for a Ladies Get-Together

The swimming pool was cold! It was hard to spend much time in the pool. The food we ordered from room service varied in taste. My friend's cheese plate was lovely, although she would have preferred more fruit with it. My club sandwich had far too much tomato jam on it and the Caesar salad with it was bland. We had the Caramelized Pear Crumble for dessert and it wasn't nearly as good as it looked. The room was rather noisy too. It overlooked one of the major thoroughfares in Edmonton and traffic never stopped. I assume that a higher floor wouldn't have had the same problem. We were on a lower floor as a wedding party had higher floors. The heating system was also quite noisy at times.

The beds were very soft and comfortable. The room had great features like a coffee maker and an electric kettle. The fridge in the room was great for keeping my drinks cold. The shower was hot and the shampoo and conditioner were nice. The staff in the lobby were polite and friendly and the person who brought our room service was prompt and polite. Having a pool in the hotel is great for stress relief and the hot tub was lovely and warm.

A great hotel and all in all very good.

Unfortunately the air conditioning is on all the time and although the room temperature indicated 22 it felt very cold and drafty. I suppose I should have asked for something to be done. When we return at the end of the month I will. Breakfast prices are a bit expensive but you get what you pay for.

The beds where very comfortable and soft but if you are a fidgeter then the bottom sheet wrinkles up. Staff are very friendly and helpful and the housekeeping very obliging. If like us you like a cup of ordinary tea the only ones in the room are specialist flavours but a little note for housekeeping and they left extra. Also reception arranged for housekeeping to bring us some when we arrived and also some maple cake!! Breakfasts are very well provided for.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Good place to stay on south side with easy access to everything

See previous comments

Room was crowded - it seemed like too much furniture or it was too big for the room. I would like to have REAL mugs for morning coffee - not to go cups Food in bar was excellent. Restaurant closed a 9pm - too early

Lounge and restaurant had good food.

Pillows were too high -bought our own down pillows at Costco for the second night. It was impossible to control the heat. Had to wear earplugs to block highway noise at night. Given the price and competition I.e. Hilton, breakfast should be included.

Lounge and restaurant had good food. Hotel has been updated. Conveniently located.

Amazing value and hotel!

The room was clean, bed comfortable and it felt clean. We have not stayed since the renovation and was very impressed by everything at the hotel from the greeting, check-in, room amenities and comfort and a wonderful greeting in the hall by the staff.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The staff was very helpful and friendly, the bed was...

The pool area/whirlpool could use an update, but that would not keep us from staying again.

The staff was very helpful and friendly, the bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. We would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

No heat in top floor upgraded room. So we got a space heater...

The pool / hot tub is falling apart. Looks absolutely disgusting when you look inside the hot tub. They upgraded our room, super nice of them. Only problem was our room didn't have heat. Their way of fixing it, giving us a space heater!!! Wasn't impressed at all. For the price of the room I thought maybe they would at least try and fix it. Nope, just a space heater. Would NEVER go back

Bravo!

Pet cleaning deposit. Should be charged if necessary not standard. But pet owners take it because we love our animals. I have seen messier humans

Pretty much everything. The reception at the front desk was the model of pure excellence that all hotels should strive to achieve. Room was great. I really like the built in HDMI VGA & AV cables supplied. Oh and the bed was phenomenal! I'm a critical but reasonable traveller. Best experience in ages! Highly recommend

Really great hotel to relax

The room service is a little slow,but when I brought up my concern the contacted me personally and told me that he will change that

The staff was very nice, they even gave my daughter toys for her bath

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Swimming and hot tub much enjoyed.

Food great, variety good improve. Great weekend with best friend!

Swimming and hot tub much enjoyed. Food excellent. Great staff. Location good. Will probably stay again.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Amazing service..amazing people..amazing location

Very best thing about this hotel was the staff and their service. Everyone from front desk to restaurant were amazing and they gave us the best service. Special thanks to front desk staff(Tiffany and Lucila) for their amazing service. Second best thing about the hotel was the location. This is centrally located in Edmonton. I would highly recommend this hotel.

The staff in the breakfast area are the most wonderful, kind...
    • Queen Room

The staff in the breakfast area are the most wonderful, kind and customer friendly people!

Excellent staff, do anything to help

Excellent staff, do anything to help

Friendly staff, good free parking

Comfy bed

Upgraded us

Upgraded us

Very happy with the staff and overall experience expecially Mohammed the operations manager.

The breakfast needs to be improved by the restaurant

Bed was comfy

Best location on the south side for corporate stays

I asked for a picture of chuck Norris beside my bed and I got it. I applaud.

The staff were very friendly from reception to the lounge and then the restaurant at breakfast.

The hallway lighting was a little dim.

The bed was very comfortable, no complaints there!

The staff was very friendly and accommodating for our needs.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating for our needs. We will be back in Sept.

If not for the parking environment, we would have gone to somewherw

Room is small and bathroom is small. Particularly the w.c. Is very low!

Underground parking. Restaurant serve delicious food.

Room service menu

Room service menu

It was good

The stairs from underground parking to the main lobby.

The housekeepering service was excellent.

On site restaurant was okay but a very limited menu.

There are a lot of stairs to get into the pool area. It is not accessible space.

On site restaurant was okay but a very limited menu.

Will be staying here whenever I’m in town

Staff was friendly. The rooms were cleaning.

Centrally located

Bed too hard

Centrally located

Was awesome
    • Queen Room

The cleaness of the hotel

Excellent! Worth coming back

No bathtub on our room but it's ok

A great fit for our needs on this trip! Staff working very hard to ensure a positive experience!

Staff very attentive and made every effort to engage in a friendly manner. Room very clean and bed very comfortable.

No microwave. Fridge not working. No fan in bathroom. Sheets don’t fit.

Fantastic

Everything was perfect

I loved everything. Everything was fantastic.

comfortable bed!

Will stay here again

Parking was not great

Comfy bed

Will book again.

The room was quite small.

The food, service and staff were excellent!

How great the staff was and how they were willing to give...

Could of used more towels

How great the staff was and how they were willing to give more with the room

Really enjoy staying at the hotel

Need more parking space!

Pool, hot tub , Starbucks , gym, bar, restaurant

Very good

Awesome place to stay

very convenient location, comfortable bed!

very convenient location, comfortable bed!

The staff were amazing, so friendly and attentive with every...

I have no complaints at all, a perfect hotel!

The staff were amazing, so friendly and attentive with every single interaction.

friendly stuff ,quite atmosphere .

friendly stuff ,quite atmosphere .Clean room.Lots of furniture for clothing . And we liked lots of mirrors on the walls.

Staff service was excellent!

Staff service was excellent!!!

Bueno

Close to my destination

Good

Clean rooms.

Restaurant hours were poor. Expensive to eat in a pub.

Clean rooms.Great staff.

Great value and location.

A little noisy room facing train tracks.

Small & filled with screaming children

Room cleaning service was poor

Small & filled with screaming children

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Awesome property and staff

Room was beautiful, everything very clean and organized. Staff was amazing. They went above and beyond to make our stay perfect

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Friendly and helpful staff

Everything was good

Staff are always very friendly and just can't do enough to make your stay enjoyable

Good romantic getaway

4404 restaurant is not that great and there room service is a joke

The staff are really friendly

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

The staff in the Aurora lounge was beyond excellent.

The staff in the Aurora lounge was beyond excellent. They are franchise players that will keep me coming back. Thank you!

Excellent experience

Facilities were great, staff was friendly and helpful, clean hotel.

Good for what I wanted

Noisey guests on my floor a sports team of teenagers was annoying

Bed comfy Staff awesome

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

The breakfast was nice.

The breakfast was nice. Building was clean. I would visit again.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Most Friendly Staff

The pool had too much chlorine and burnt the skin.

The location was great for the event we attended

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Very enjoyable stay!

I didn't like all the fees not mentioned at time of booking on booking.com

Loved the complimentary heated underground parking!

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Most comfortable bed ever.

The lounge was closed.

Most comfortable bed ever.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Because it was ou wedding night, they had champagne and...

Because it was ou wedding night, they had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us!

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Staff was great to deal with very helpful.

Staff was great to deal with very helpful. Will stay there again on my next visit

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016