Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton - Montreal 4 stars

208 Saint Antoine Ouest, H2Y 0A6 Montréal, Canada

#26 of 134 hotels in Montréal

6.2

Go somewhere else, please!!!
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The hotel is old and poorly maintained, it smells really bad both in the hallways and in the room. The service was terrible, we had a baby with us but they had no cribs, we chose this hotel as we needed a small kitchen to prep my daughter’s meals and warm her bottles but the kitchen was completely unfurnished (not even a mug to microwave the milk or a spoon) making it completely useless. Always missing towels, very noisy AC, terrible view from our window (just facing the building in front of us) despite I had asked for a nice view room. The breakfast was included but was the most disgusting breakfast I have ever had in my life, with an incredibly poor quality of the food, very small choice (are there still restaurants in this world Who do not carry soy or almond milk for dairy allergic people? Yes, this one), and just 2 waiters for a entire big room full of people (they have my respect as they were trying to do their best despite the results were terrible). Net, absolutely a waste of money: go to a better hotel and spend the money you save in ubers to get to the city Centre.

The location is the only plus of this hotel: it’s just a minute walk from the most famous street of the old town and a few minutes from the old port.

Location is best.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The hotel breakfast had very few options for vegans and vegetarians.

Location is best. Less than 5 min walk to Place d’Armes metro station and easily accessible from YUL airport. The soaker tub in the suite was a treat!

location good rest all not good
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

again they conssidered booking.com customers as last priority. I was given a room on lowest floor, smaller than most of room (less area shown in site. Staff at reception not interested to keep customer happy Restaurant staff doesnt want to work Breakfast timings are very limited,

location , Size of roo

Convenient location, jacuzzi style tub, full size fridge, great value
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable size suite, loved the jacuzzi style tub and faux fire place. Right next door to the underground and the train, very convenient location.

Great breakfast offerings (even for gluten-sensitive...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The munchies at the evening reception could have been a little more creative. . . and abundant. :-)

Great breakfast offerings (even for gluten-sensitive patrons) and the evening receptions had good energy. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

Overall good experience if not for a few of unfriendly staffs.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staffs in the restaurant are not that friendly. One of their room cleaning staff also showed temper when they get to know we request for room make up post 3.00 pm. it is weirs as the hotel still allows room cleaning service as long as we call to inform front desk latest by 3.30 pm.

The bed is super comfortable and the room is quiet.

I loved everything !!

The service at the hotel was excellent, everyone was courteous and very professional. The breakfast was great!! Excellent location.

Overall I was satisfied with exception of mattress
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My daughter slept in the main bed and I slept on the pullout couch. I knew it wouldn't be the best mattress but it was the worse on I've ever slept on. My back is still sore.

Staff, happy hour drinks, food. Room was nice as well.

Other than the above I enjoyed my stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

My daughter wanted to take a bath in the jet tub but I found a body hair in it. Also needed sheets for the sofa bed. After a very long day my daughter wanted to go to sleep. Called down to have some sent up and had to wait about an hour and a half for them.

Very nice room. Loved the location.

We really enjoyed our montreal experience!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

I believe that the premium wifi should be included. Seems like a cash grab seeing as tho parking is already an extra 30 dollars a night.

I really enjoyed the breakfast and the overall restaurant. The drink tickets were a very nice touch.

The room was very nice clean warm good for a family
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast long line up and not enough staff to eat we had to wait for coffee for eggs for toasts....

The room was very nice clean warm good for a family

Great stay and would recommend to anyone.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

I thought the fireplace would have been a real one (Gas) instead of the "rotating light" kind without heat. Our jacuzzi didnt work but after a quick call at 1030pm to the front desk, they quickly sent 2 servicemen to repair it so that was actually very appreciated and impressive considering the late hour.

Drink coupons for the 5 a 7 were a happy bonus and the bar area was comfortable to sit and talk without being too loud or distracting. The food was also really good with rapid service and excellent staff! The complimentary snacks that were there were a nice little extra. Room was very clean and organized and the kitchenette had the basics for prepping anything in the suite (you have to call and ask for plates/bowls/ etc which I assume is to ensure everything is clean from previous guests). Bedding, blankets and pillows were all great and comfortable (although the pillows are a little fluffy and "poofy" for my personal taste, they were soft and mellow). Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a centralized location to explore Montreal downtown core or the old port as its only a 10 minute walk in any direction.

Convenient home away from home in Montreal, un pied á terre.
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The bathroom did not have enough counter space for my wife’s, and man that was all she wrote.

Helpful restaurant staff and a good location in Old Montreal right across from the metro station in the Congress Centre. Included with the room was a full buffet breakfast and two free drinks and snacks at happy hour .

Everything very nice!
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything very nice!!! The staff, the localization, the rooms it’s to big, a excellent coffee break and a good happy hour everyday! Sure, if so as possible, i’ll comeback to Montreal and I’ll stay there!

Lovely family night away.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff who checked us in were a little less friendly than I would have liked, especially when I saw how she treated the people in the queue ahead of me. Also parking is tough and you have to walk a long way through the car park to find the lift and there were no signs - no one could find it! We had a small child so would have been nice to have family parking next to the lift.

Loved the suite. It was spacious and comfortable. The hot tub was a bonus! Free drinks on arrival was a nice touch as well. The view was rubbish, but we weren't there for the view.

Room was fantastic!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was crowded. Did not seem organized at all. Probably should work out a better system. No salt or pepper on tables or anywhere in sight???

Room was fantastic!

Overall good, wish I had a better view of the city.
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The provided hair dryer tripped the switch and started smoking after using it for less than 2 minutes. Also, the jets in the tub turned on at random while I was showering.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very spacious for 1 person and it was nice to have a small kitchenette.

Nice hotel except the unfriendly reception.
    • King Premium Suite - Non-Smoking

We couldn't checkin over 3pm, and the reception was not sure how long it would be, and there was no apology.

The room is wide and clean, the bed is comfortable, fantastic breakfast.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay. The rate was excellent, staff friendly, professional and helpful.
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Unfortunately, the breakfast, although abundant, was tasteless. The eggs & pancakes had no flavour & the coffe was not even passable as such. Even though the breakfast was included, we did not finish our meal & went elsewhere to eat. Montreal is known for outstanding food, we will remember that The Embassy Suites is not.

Welcome/Happy Hour drinks & snacks were a nice touch. The room was a great size, full sized fridge was a nice bonus. Staff was friendly & helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

Will definitely be staying at Embassy suites in the future
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

I really have nothing bad to see about this hotel.

Great location, very clean and spacious rooms (we got the long suite) & were extremely happy with our choice! They also gave us vouchers for 2 free drinks each at the bar for happy hour which was a good touch.

Disappointing customer service
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

I specifically requested, with online provider, when selecting hotel that I required late checkout. I then requested late check out during the check in process at the hotel, once again indicating that it was necessary due to business meeting and having a family member stay in the room until my return at 1pm. I was told to ask in the morning. I called the front desk, repeating the need and was treated with a rude, brisk response, telling me that I should have arranged this before and that they could not accommodate me. After insisting that I could not check out at 11 as I had a family member in the room and had attempted on two occasions to arrange with the hotel, I was given the silent treatment on the phone, not sure if the manager hung up on me. Was very taken aback by the treatment of a simple request and was made to feel uncomfortable. Travel very often, will not return to this hotel chain.

The hotel desk manager was very kind at check in and since I was travelling with a family member, and she had a birthday, they upgraded our room.

Could have been better cleaned.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Could have been better cleaned.. the bathroom had dust built up around the mirror and there was a hair on the toilet seat, leaving us to believe it may not have been cleaned before our arrival. There was also a damp part of the carpet near the sofa bed, hopefully it was just some cleaner/water.

I'd move in tomorrow!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

I can't think of a thing…

Extremely comfortable bed, courteous staff, spacious, well-designed room and conveniently close to tourist attractions and public transportation…friendly and effecient restaurant and bar staff …really appreciated the drink coupons…all this in the heart of Vieux Montréal!

Awesome position, 5pm complimentary drinks, buffet...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The only negative I would say are the breakfast staff, who were a bit unfriendly and not always available. On the one morning the guests were clearing their own tables as there was no staff around. This did not deter us from the amazing stay though.

Awesome position, 5pm complimentary drinks, buffet breakfasts, huge spacious room...

Excellent location
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

We went for New Year’s Eve and the location was perfect, walking distance to many restaurants, shops and Basilique of Notre Dame. Across the street is the entrance to the underground city. The suite size is big and comfortable, has full kitchen including full size fridge, microwave oven and dishwasher. The sitting area is separated by a counter with stools and an extra sink. The bedroom is large and has a tv. The bathroom has a swover and also a huge hot tub. Considering the time of year snowy and cold, we even had a snow boot tray in the hallway. Free drink and snack for happy hours was awesome. At check-in, you’re given tickets for 2 free drinks per person per evening, to be used from 5-7pm in the bar. We were impressed that this included a choice of wine, any draft beer and mixed drinks and some cocktails. They also have light snacks (chips, veggies and dip) included. Great underground parking kept our car warm. The staff have always been polite and helpful. The included full breakfast was good with standard foods, including the made-to-order omelette station. We will return again in the future.

Great place, service and location. Will come again.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Shortage of elevators, stairs are outside.

Great place, great location, has underground parking - important in winter. Only one issue - elevators. There are only two for large hotel, stairs are outside - not convenient, particularly in winter.

Very nice
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Double Beds with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

We didn’t have any towels when we arrived and the sofa bed was broken

Room was very nice and reception was helpful. Free happy hour snacks and drinks. Good breakfast

Would recommend Embassy Suites.
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The bed was really comfortable. Location was perfect and staff friendly. Enjoyed the free cocktails and breakfast. We brought our truck so parking underground was a little bit tight.

Good for family stay
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The poor design of the entrance meaning that the reception is exposed to cold weather. Felt sorry for the receptionists and guests waiting to check in.

Great location on the edge of Old Montreal, close to Chinatown and across the street from Metro. With hand luggage one can even walk directly ca 20 mins from the Central Station to the hotel through underground passages. Very pleasant and helpful staff in the reception and at breakfast.

Excellent value for money, clean rooms and perfect for families.
    • Deluxe King Premium Suite with Fireplace

They were understaffed when we arrived so it took around 30 minutes to checkin to our room. Only one room was ready so we had to go through the whole process again after dinner.

Excellent accommodations for families. We went for New Year's eve and the location was great.

Was only OK
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff not helpful with arguments amongst each other in front of guests. No shampoo left 2 Days in a row. Lighting in room was horrendous. Why have a kitchen with zero plates and silverware. Waste of space and time. Who travels with their own own plates and silverware? Non functioning room safe. Staff was nice enough but a smile doesn’t equate to getting things done or fixed. Sorry......I am normally generous with my reviews. This hotel is OK. It’s clean and safe and quiet. Not much more.

Location was great. Breakfast was good even though the layout of the dining area isn’t optimal. Go early.

Would definitely go back again
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

We do not drink alcohol, I wish there was an alternative free snack instead of drinks for the happy hour coupons

The room was big and clean, very comfortable, the breakfast was delicious, everybody was so courteous

Very comfortable relaxing stay!
    • King Premium Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast, though included in the price of the room and very complete, was quite chaotic due to insufficient restaurant seating. Minor irritation - booked a suite for three with a pull out couch but still had to call for linens and extra towels. (Response was immediate)

Great location, spacious suite on Premium floor, quiet, very clean, great staff interaction. Parking was very convenient.

Overall a good stay and we would stay again.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The sheets in the king bed were for a double or queen. They did not tuck in top or bottom. We asked after the first night if housekeeping could check but they weren’t changed so we just put up with them. We were also disappointed when we booked for 7 nights with a kitchen but there was no plates cutlery or cooking equipment, just an empty fridge and kitchen. We had to purchase our own microwave dishes to heat food in microwave and housekeeping took away the two plates and cutlery we had asked for after the third night. We made do.

Location of the hotel. Staff were friendly enough although the morning restaurant staff half the time seemed like they didn’t want to be there and you could here them bitching and complaining to each other. Happy hour was excellent and we got two free drinks a night which was a good opportunity to meet other people in the bar.

Breakfast and the venue;
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast and the venue; beeakfast line up;how elevators work and the evelator line up and wait time is so meaningless in a hotel (it felt like we were staying in a business plaza but not a hotel); dark colours; dark lights; dark decoration; carpets (dirty and not hygiene promosing); surprise deposit charge.

Fabulous location across from a Metro station and walking distance to both Old Town and downtown.
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Double Beds with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Limited storage outside of the kitchen. Bedroom was tight with two queen beds, but the beds were very comfortable, which made up for it.

Lovely layout with large kitchen and living space.

It was a very peaceful and wonderful experience.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I personally don't have any complaints. The hotel was located in a great area and we didn't have problems finding anything.

We loved the room! Everything was great. I had a bit of a cold and used up a lot of tissues. The cleaning staff refilled my box and it was a great relief. Wish we had stayed longer to utilize the kitchen area.

We’ll visit this hotel again!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The Wi-Fi is TERRIBLE at this property.

The free breakfast was really good quality. The bed was very comfortable and the room was exactly what we were hoping for. We’ll stay here again.

Friendly city other than concierge
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The concierge tried to rip us off with an accessible cab. When trying to reserve for trip to airport, he quoted $100.00, then when I asked if they accepted credit cards, he said the cost of $250.00 I reserved my own for $53.00, almost ruined our trip completely

Restaurant was great, location okay, much of the staff were very helpful. Was able to get around the area well. It rained the 2 days we were there. The room was quite large and bedding comfortable

Overpriced
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Impossible to communicate from the room to the front desk. There was no TV remote in the bedroom. The TV in the room is facing a wall, making it hard to watch it from bed. The bathroom needs some maintenance.

The location and the breakfast.

Good location, dire facilities and maintenance
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Maintenance is pretty dire. The desk lamp was not working. I returned it only to get it back still not working. The heating in half of the room was not working and tripping a fuse. The facilities are ridiculous - room has a gigantic refrigerator and even a dishwasher. However, in order to provide maximum annoyance and customer discomfort the utensils and plates have been removed along with half of the kichenette. That's right - huge fridge, a dishwasher and no plates, no knives, no forks. Sheer, unadulterated genius.

Good location, bar service is OK.

Great location with spacious rooms and comfortable beds.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Great location with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Made to order breakfast was great and not greasy which we loved. Would stay here again for sure.

Room service menu was great and very good value!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room described as a suite with kitchenette but no dishes provided not even coffee mugs. Plenty of cupboard space but all bare. Also wanted to sleep on sofa bed but no sheets provided and it was too late at night to be bothered to phone front desk.

Room service menu was great and very good value!

Excellent.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non Smoking

I couldn't see the bad side, that's what I didn't like :).

building has pleasant smell, freshened all day long. Breakfast is excellent. The cook is friendly and made my breakfast taste like my mama's omelet. Keep it up!

good location, nicely laid out suites
    • Deluxe King Premium Suite with Fireplace

room didnt get cleaned second day. We were out all day till about 4 and we had to ask for new towels, so someone finally came in and cleaned room lots of hidden fees

size of suites

The overall stay was agreeable.
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast and coffee. First morning we went thru the buffet, everything was overcooked, orange juice was of poor quality. Coffee pouches in the room was stale. The towels were not replaced as asked

The second morning, we went thru the omelette to order and the coffee was excellent. I asked for fresh coffee pouches and it was ok.

Enjoyable. It felt like a resort stay. All inclusive..
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The cab ride! Not hotels fault. Be caurious. Avoid "bonjour "cabs. Overcharged us and dropped of at wrong hotel and had to take a second cab to get to the hotel. But a fsbolous stay! The hotel made up for the bad experience at beginning of trip.

Great service! Great staff! Loved it. Definately on my list to use again.

overall wonderful stay
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The coffee was too strong

The wait staff was wonderful! The room was beautiful and clean. The breakfast and the drinks were a great added bonus! Would certainly go again!

Excellent stay! Will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Montreal.
    • Queen Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Concierge was extremely helpful. I had car trouble and he arranged for repairs. The breakfast was excellent! Everyone was very friendly and helpful!

I would stay here again!
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The parking was expensive and the slots were very narrow and hard to back out of.

The room was a great size. I stay at Embassy Suites and this was the best room ever.

Suite was comfortable but no dishes or utensil in kitchen and free breakfast was disappointing.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Complementary breakfast was okay but not gtreat: felt like a bit of free for all; difficult to access toast and rolls because one had to join the very long line for a cooked to order eggs (ie fried eggs or omelet) and cereal offerings were basically corn flakes. Offerings and utensils ran out ( eg porridge, forks, fruit ran out before we got to them). Buffet was lacking for anyone who just wanted a continental light breakfast. As for our suite, while it had a microwave, fridge and dish washer, it had no dishes or utensils (beyond a couple of packets of plastic utensils ) so we could not have used the Kitchen, which we had hoped to do in order to have a lighter breakfast.

A pleasant, well located property with some easily fixable shortcomings.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The complimentary drinks and breakfast sessions were a little crowded and crazy due to how busy the property was, esp on Saturday night/Sunday morning. The room was fine apart from a few annoying issues: there is simply insufficient lighting in the living and bedroom areas, it's impossible to read anywhere apart from at the kitchen bench or in the bathroom; the bathroom itself is large but the shower stall is tiny - an unfortunate design fault; the kitchen area is equipped as advertised with the worlds largest refrigerator and the most elaborate microwave. However, there is not a skerrick of cutlery - no spoons, knives, forks, mugs, glasses, plates, bowls - which makes the whole kitchen concept virtually useless. This is something we've not struck anywhere else with suite/apartment style accommodation in our extensive travels.

A good price for a convenient location, not far from the Old Town area which is what we were looking for on a rare visit to Montreal at the end of our cruise from NYC. Staff friendly and helpful, esp the concierges. Our room was spacious and well appointed, apart from a few minor irritants as noted.

Layout of room was great and the added breakfast and drinks...
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The fact that I had to call front desk twice. First the room seemed to be catering for one person, not enough towels and one chair at kitchen counter. Then had to call for air conditioner as it wasn't working properly, filter had to be replaced. All turned out disappointing, no fault of the hotel but our concert was cancelled which was the reason for the trip.

Layout of room was great and the added breakfast and drinks during happy hour.

Upon check in there was some confusion with the booking...
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Double Beds with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The booking confirmation was not available for the hotel to check me in right away. It took the front desk more than 15 minutes to verify the reference number I had from booking.com.

Upon check in there was some confusion with the booking reference numbers( it seems they had no confirmation on their side). The staff communicated to me what exactly is the problem and what are the steps they are taking and also ensured me that there will be a room available for us.

Very enjoyable. I'd return.
    • Deluxe King Premium Suite with Fireplace

What is usually a quiet street was very loud on a Saturday night due to cars drag racing in the middle of the night. The decor is blah, but is made up for by the people and the location. More towel hooks needed in the bathroom and better lighting for putting on make up. They should get rid of the big 1980's style spa tub (you can't get in or out of the thing) and put in a regular tub with a big shower.

The staff are fantastic. The waiters are particularly great. We needed a pencil (not a pen) for something and this fabulous waiter ran down to his locker to get us a pencil and gave his own mechanical pencil. We couldn't get wifi in our room and someone immediately came up and put a router in our room. We wanted a lighter blanket and housekeeping brought it immediately. The concierge Pascal was also very personable and helpful. All around great people. Happy hour and breakfast were great.

overall awesome experience,definitely its Hilton's style!
    • Deluxe Suite with Two Double Beds with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

there is no swimming pool & long line for omelette station at breakfast

bed is super comfy & front desk is very friendly & does a follow up the next day to see if i get my enquiries answered regarding what are the popular places to hang out etc. the complimentary drink was awesome & with great ambiyonce & excellent customer service

Embassy suites by Hilton has forgotten what hospitality means.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The staff are obviously unhappy - you can see it in their attitude and some are just rude (especially the person making the omelet on Saturday). The breakfast is so terrible, you wonder what sort of management they have that will serve such rubbish when you pay over $300 per night, not to mention the chaos and constant lack of fresh fruit, coffee and milk. Would never recommend this place. There are considerably better hotels in the vicinity with better hospitality, food and service.

The location.

Not worrh 280$ a night
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Horrible pullout couch that would fall down and legs would be heigher than head , bad matress on the queen bed that was hurting back muscles , not a single cup or spoon in the kitchen so makes no sence to have a kitchen , queen size room is way too small

proximity to subway/Old Montreal
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

parking fee ridiculous given the room rate, breakfast -poor, shower door leaked- necessary to wipe up floor w/each use, overhead lights not working in dressing area, tub leaked while draining, no rewards points awarded

proximity to subway/Old Montreal

Everything about stay was wonderful. Loved the hot tub!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The buffet breakfast was ok like most other hotel free breakfasts. The fact that it was free made it ok.

The room and amenities were so much more then expected. The breakfast cooked to order was wonderful. We were so pleasantly surprised to receive free drink coupons at our checkin for happy hour.

Very pleasant.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The hotel needs a pool ... preferably roof top. Parking was a little tight, but adequate.

Cleanliness, location, convenience to everything downtown Montreal. Jacuzzi and fireplace in the room was very nice, as was the writing desk. Fast elevators!

Absolutely Amazing
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

Had slight trouble with the AC system in the room but was ok. Careful at the breakfast as your breakfast could get cleared to the bin if you leave the table.

What a great location across from mall that is the entrance to the underground city and metro trains. Right on the edge of Old Montreal. Norte-Dame is so close almost behind the hotel. Felt very safe in this area. Parked my convertible sports car in the safe underground parking. Had in and out parking privileges but never drove the car. Walked everywhere. Tim Hortons in the mall to. Starbucks on the corner. The hilton breakfast was excellent for buffet. Recommend the omelette as it's made to order. The staff were excellent including teaching me how to order coffee in French. Awesome place!!!!! This is the best place to stay.

Perfect location to stay with family during a work trip
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The elevator was broken, which was challenging. We used the service elevator, which worked! Breakfast is a madhouse after 8am. Go early. The food is a basic, continental breakfast.

The hotel offers 2 free drinks per person every day, as well as free breakfast. The kitchenette was perfect for traveling with our baby, and we were able to use a crib. The location is perfect for exploring the old town. The staff was friendly.

Overall I liked my stay in Embassy suites and liked Montreal.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I like the location, very central. I like embassy suites because the style of the room, sleeping sofa in the sitting area and a little kitchen. For the duration I was there there was a lot of activities going, festivals and other events. Flexibility to change the room was very limited. Sometimes I had to change the number of guest in order to find a room during reservation. That limited my breakfast based on number of adult in the room. That could be fixed but the reservation attendent was not flexible.

Location, breakfast, room service.

One Day of Fun in Montreal
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

This was my second stay at the hotel. If I'm in Montreal again, I would stay a third time. There's no reason to even consider another property. The location, staff, suite, and breakfast were all wonderful. I really enjoyed the easy scenic walk to the popular pedestrian shopping and dining area nearby.

this is our second stay at the Embassy Suites.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

this is our second stay at the Embassy Suites. We love the location within walking to Old Montreal the old Port and also very close to the shopping Street.

I highly recommend the Embassy's Suites,
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

I really have nothing to say on this, we were so very pleased with our stay!

The staff were friendly, the room Was very clean and comfortable and roomy with great water pressure in the shower and low noise with lovely dark curtains for sleeping in. We appreciated the 2 complimentary water bottles, the complimentary drinks at the bar and the complimentary buffet breakfast!

A Night in Old Montreal
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The view from our room was poor. We overlooked a decaying building and a dirty side street. I suggest a garden area me made of the unused space.

It was nice being a short walk from the old port. Leaving the city was also easy as the highway entrance and exit were down the same street. We were also given drink and breakfast vouchers which were greatly appreciated.

Just an Okay experience !
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Water pressure in the shower was very weak , breakfast room was very busy and rushed , bedding / mattresses seem old and need to be replaced .

Forever finished using Booking.com based on this bad experience
    • Suite with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non Smoking

The hotel did not honor the booking.com quote. I invested about 3 hours in failed communications with booking.com and Embassy Suites which continued to maintain they had no record of my booking. Call me if you want more details. I have already written emails to both parties. I, along with the couple we traveled with, had to pay substantially more money for a room upgrade I didn't need because the hotel wouldn't honor the low quote.

Pleased with the accomodations and the restaurant. The reservation staff member was ambivalent about the problem.

Bermuda Girls - Jazz Festival 2017
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The long lines for Breakfast. This is not the fault of the staff but that of the design of the dining room.

We stayed 10- days for the Montreal Jazz Festival, the staff are amazing, thanks to Bernard, Jason and Luivi in the Dining Room who are dedicated staff and greeted us courteously each time they saw us. Bernard is certainly their GEM!! The Men at the Concierge Desk gave us recommendation and direction to see Old Montreal. Hotel is in a great location and easy excess to everything. There was a problem with our dates and after a conversation with the FDM it was rectified.

Not what we expected.
    • Queen Studio - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The size of the bed, the size of the bathroom, the type of restaurant, which was casual at best, the bar.

It was OK for one night, but I don't think we'll be going back.

Great Hotel!
    • Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was highly rated and was one of the reasons we chose the hotel but it was chaos. It's not well set up and there were people everywhere. It was a struggle to get what you wanted in a strategic manner and finding a table was also hard. My recommendation is to go early and beat the rush.

The staff was great, room was cozy, and the location was perfect for what my wife and I had planned.

Mediocre experience.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff not too friendly upon check in. The main reception offered to send someone to turn down the sofa bed at night for us, but upon return to our room at 9:30pm, it still wasn't turned down. We had to call down to remind them. We are a family of four (2 children) but was only provided with 2 bath towels in the room. Had to ask for more. Had to ask for extra toilet paper when housekeeping should have replenished upon cleaning the room on the second day. Left our used face towels in the tub to be exchanged for clean ones, but they were not replenished.

Very comfortable beds. Spacious room. Breakfast was included in the fee - cook to order and buffet. Reasonable selection. Evening complimentary drinks between 5-7pm. Location was very good. A short walk to Place D'armes, Notre Dame and the Metro.

Amazing location
    • Deluxe King Suite with Fireplace - Non-Smoking

The coffee wasn't great, but there is plenty of places around to find a good latte

The bed is amazing, shower is a little smaller than I expected but the bath made up for it. The location is perfect. Everything is in walking distance