Reviews of Falcon Inn 2 stars

5.5

6.2

6.2

• Queen Room

Everything. Tourism, aka working at or owning a hotel, includes a base level mutual respect from the hotel to the guest. This establishment couldn’t spell “respect” if it was illuminated in stage lights in front of their face. It’s obvious owner just wants to pocket all the profit. Was at the hotel for a very small amount of time. Checked out due to noise, as I was staying over for work. There were guests playing music so loud that when I made a phone call from inside my room, the person I called thought I was at a bar. Spoke to front desk about it. They said “what do you want us to do”. Uh...your job maybe?? Man at the front desk couldn’t do simple math either and reeked of alcohol. The property was bare. Parking lot is paved so poorly a teenager with no paving experience could do a better job.

It’s cheap.

This is a basic travel motel. Not a great place for tourists. We only stayed one night and the staff very kindly gave us a refund on the second night.

• Queen Room

Mold in the bathroom. Spyder web in every corner. Room door knob was weak and sometimes unlock with no key.

Price was the only good thing. The location to but that's a given. Staff was polite.

• Room with Three Double Beds

There is no breakfast included. There are no outlets in the bathroom. The lighting is terrible. Do not expect anything extra in the room beside a couple of toiletries and a mini fridge.

The bed is okay and the room was clean.

We arrived at 4 am after nearly an 8 hour drive , had contacted the facility prior to and they were aware of the timing of our arrival . When we arrived we rang the door bell as it states to do so , since there was no one inside to open , when an employee opened he immediately reminded me of the time with an attitude as if it wasn’t his job to open and check us in. The pool was closed and it was super hot .

The location was near many restaurants, every day when we got back the room and bathroom were clean .

The blankets had definitely not been washed from the previous guests. There was a soap wrapper on the floor next to the bathtub. I woke up to an ant on pillow. All for wake-up calls, but why enslave ants?!

The price was good. The room was large.

The paint was peeling, thr room smelled like state cigarette smoke (non-smoking room) covered up (poorly) with a harsh chemical deodorant. We thought we could deal with it for one night. Sat down on the bed and it crashed down. We moved the side table to investigate and the frame was obviously broken and had been set back together... Maybe they were hoping we wouldn't notice? There was a good 1 1/2 inches of dust and grime on the carpet behind the side table, too. When we went to the office to complain, we were basically told, "what do you expect for a budget motel?". They wouldn't give us a refund but would give us another room (downgrade from what we booked and paid for). When asked if the new room would be clean, not smell bad and have a bed that's not broken, the response was," I don't know what you mean by clean." We were so tired at this point we took the other room. To be fair, it was cleaner, it smelled a bit better and the bed wasn't broken. I ended up having to sleep in my jacket because there was no way to warm the place up that we could find. We crawled under the tv "desk" but couldn't get the baseboard heater to turn on... Nor would the bathroom baseboard heater do anything but stay cold. The toilet ran all night, too.

We were here a few years ago and satisfied. We had realistic expectations. Unfortunately, I cannot think of one positive thing to say about this stay.

Room for improvement with this Motel. ROOM should be freshly clean before customer comes in, it was dusty, dead bugs on the floor and a bit smelly when we came in. But nothing lysol wipes cannot handle! The bathroom was ok the bath curtain could be washed and bleached, it was a bit gross. Bathroom wall needs to be cleaned there was pink stuff on it. For the money we paid it was okay. Kids playground should be fixed to prevent injury.

Customer service was nice.

Got lost because we were confused of the parking

Size of the room, completeness of the kitchen (ref, oven, microwave, percolator, etc.), In attending to our needs immediately when we reported a noise complaint because our neighbor is having a party n they we're all shouting n their music is so loud during night time.

• Family Two-Bedroom Suite

Room was very hot. No temp control. Had to do cleaning. Had to buy stuff for kitchenette like tea towel. Oven mitts. Dish sponge. Bought air freshener. Beds hard

Clean bathrooms. Daughter liked outside

Bedding dirty, ants on sheets, hair on pillows, someone trying to get in room at 11:30 whilst we were sleeping. This gentlemen had been given correct key for our room which means duplicate keys are readily available, extremely concerning. Complaint to staff was ignored , it was clear they really didn't care . My personal review would not even be a 1*

Rooms were very kold, no thermostats in rooms to control heat , had to run hot water in shower to get the room warm. One bed had charcoal or something similar to that for a treatment or possibly prevention of bedbugs.

• Room with Three Double Beds

A kettle would have been very beneficial

The room was clean and there was heat and hot water we booked at a expensive motel for the rest of our stay so was basically looking for somewhere to sleep and shower it was nothing special but also came with wifi tv microwave and a fridge quick and easy check in and out was very satisfied

Door is broken. No access to temperature control. Noisy and you can hear peoples talking loudly outside. Very expensive for 1 day=$288

Just a ordinary Motel.

• Queen Room

Very very very dirty : big traces on the sheets and the towels. There was a cockroach (no kidding)! And it was cold, the heating system was way too old and was barely efficient. A shame as we are in December!

Mmm... nothing. To be fair, I just thanked God a bus station was close enough to escape the room.

When we got in the room, it was super cold (outdoor was +2 C). The room stayed cold all night. We were all shivering. My wife and children wore their winter jackets and hats. I am serious! It is NOT clean at all. We saw a mug with something orange inside on the dining table. The bed sheets were clean as far as I could see. However, there are blankets in the drawer under the TV which smelled terrible and looked never washed before. We had to use them on top of what we had to feel a bit warmer and sleep. The bed itself was the worst bed I have slept on. Not comfortable at all. The pillows are terrible and very thin! Oh well! I also forgot to mention. I saw the rate on Booking.com which was $44.50 + TAX. I didn't book and thought maybe better to book directly with the place. I get there and the gentleman tells me the booking costs $55. I tell him I have the price $44 on booking.com. He says well that's not refundable. And I am like, but I am here and booking so did you think I might ask for a refund tomorrow after leaving the room?! Anyway, I booked from Booking.com.

Well, there was a small children playground but it was cold and rainy so we didn't use so not sure if it is safe or not. The room had a microwave and a fridge. TV and its channels were good too. Internet (WiFi) was nice to have and worked very well in our room.

• Family Two-Bedroom Suite

Old and needs remodelling very badly. heat was on we couldn't sleep. Sauna like with heat on full blast. I asked the very kind manager to turn it down. I was told it was either on or off. So on a freezing weekend, we chose to have it off so we could sleep. Uncomfortable beds. bathrooms were scary and old. I blew a fuse using my hairdryer. When i asked for it to be fixed, he chuckled and said which outlet. Oh next time use the outlet by the ac unit. Our wifi was terrible. Not staffs fault -run by friendly people. Just old and in serious need of a remodel. If we had we not booked for two nights in advance, we would have gone somewhere else. We got a kitchenette to make it easier for our kids with food allergies. The kitchenette was scary and the fridge didn't seem to work well. Needless to say, we ate out because we were not comfortable using the kitchen.My allergies bothered me while in the room. A little remodel and this would be a great place.

Staff was friendly. Easy parking. Good room set up- we had two connecting rooms. Rooms clean and tidy. Kitchenette had all you needed to cook small meals, Very convenient location. Lots of dining choices nearby.

• Queen Room

The walk to the falls a long journey especially if you missed the bus

The staff are very helpfull and go the extra Mile to make your stay a pleasant one

I book for three adults, I paid more, when I checked in, they charge me more for using extra broken cot, and they told me all rooms are same size, so what is the point from charge me more.

• Queen Room

Floors not clean. Curtains a wreck. Ice was hard to come by. Neighbors were fighting for hours and we had to notify manager.

Price was all we really liked. You get what you pay for and in some cases, even less. Very old property that had definitely seen better days. We would have left a day earlier except we would have lost our money. BTW, the bed was comfortable.

• Queen Room

I will be calling the ministry of travel and tourism . I Only stayed one night I asked for a refund and he refused . He had hardwood in between the bed and under the bed. My 16 year old daughter and I could not sleep so we checked out at 10:00am. He would not give the money back because he said I booked it on line.

• Queen Room

Close to a lot of things. Property had a lot for kids to do. Check in out very easy and friendly. Room was what you would expect it to be. Would stay again

People were really nice. No problems with loud neighbors. Has a playground in the middle for your children to play. Had a small refrigerator, microwave and a window unit AC. Management was excellent. Felt safe there.

Property was right by the bus stop. You can get a bus pass really cheap so you will not have to pay for high priced parking at the falls. You can be at the falls in 10 to 15 min. Buses run every 20 to 30 minutes till 7 pm and then every hour till midnight. Property was a little old but clean. There is only two electric outlets. One has the TV and the other has the lamps. There are no outlets in the bathroom and no blow dryers. We made due. You can't beat the price anywhere else. We didn't stay in the room much anyway. Had a great stay!

It was not maintained, rooms were very stuffy and moldy smelling and the Wi-Fi only works with certain phones apparently as I was informed by front desk staff. Staff were very rude and not helpful at all. When I called they stated I i took the last room because I asked for options but when I arrived the place was dead and they charged way to much. An average might is 79 I because of the long weekend I was charged almost 400. I would have rather pitched a tent at a near by park.

Location was great

The curtains had holes in them and the back window was broken. the guy at the front desk was drunk and he told my wife to get into the 20 century when we asked if there was a phone in the room to order a pizza

Not much

The bed frame was a tripping hazard, because it stuck out and was covered by the bedspread.

The beds were very comfortable. Location was excellent. Local restaurants were great value and very friendly.

Room was dark, shabby and smelly, walls and carpet were very dated and dirty, obviously, used as a smokers room. The fridge was leaking, microwave was disgusting and curtain rail was falling off along with the curtain which was full of holes, looked as if it had been stabbed. The door to the room was insecure, obviously been forced at some point. We spent as little time in the room as possible and left early in the morning. My children's room was a little better, but their curtains were also falling off.

Clean sheets. plenty of hot water.

• Queen Room with Spa Bath

Sheets were dirty with you know what. Bed was old. Fridge did not work. Pipes on spa very old, loose. Repairs needed, holes in the ceiling and no mirror in room except in the bathroom.

Location. Shower ok, t.v. was good

• Queen Room

The bed felt like i was sleeping on a concrete floor the shower head was making weird noices and shooting water out weirdly the toilet was loose feeling (rocking back and forth) the lighting was awful and smelt weird as well.

The coupons to clifton hill innthe check in..

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Full Kitchen

Check in and Check out time strictly followed. We book train at 5pm , we ask to keep our bags somewhere to hold until 3. But they denied. I spend extra money to keep bag near motel. Too poor management. Still you guys keeps this guys on the list? You too garbage.

• Queen Room

No breakfast. Hours of the pool should be extended from 9:00 am to 11 pm (currently they are 11 am to sunset). People prefer to take a swim early in the morning. Air conditioner is old and needs to be replaced. To shut if on or off, you needed to unplug it. Need new curtains on the windows and should be able to open bathroom window.

Good location. Beds were not too bad. Got a good nights sleep. Could not hear the traffic from the outside.

Property needs better maintenance in and out of the rooms. Some painting, some landscaping, some mending. My wall mirror was on the floor; bath area needs recaulking.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

It was really out dated, it felt like I was somewhere in 1970 lol room was dirty and it smelled funny, I wouldn't recommend this property to anyone who travels for leisure,

Lokation of the property was fairly convenient and easy to find It had swimming pool , and barbecue area

They had us coming in on the wrong day, that I changed long before we came, and they had cancelled our reservation, calling us a no show. I had thy confirmation number and all necessary papers. The attendant had a very hard time getting through to you to solve the problem. She did have room for us and we stayed.

It was easy to get anywhere, ha a nice picnic area, comfortable. The attendant was friendly and solved our problem.

The walls of the bathroom was not clean. The lighting was poor. They seems to have disconnected some of the light switches. Internet was poor. There was no laundry facilities. There was no telephone in the room. I think the swimming pool slide looks like it need some repair.

The property is very much below what you would expect from a respectable establishment. The price for a 2 day stay was astronomical. Do not book a room here.

• Queen Room

We came back to motel in afternoon must to change clothes and housekeeping was next door. We asked if she could give us about 15 minutes before cleaning our room and she said no problem but she never came back so when we arrived back at motel nothing was cleaned and we had no clean towels or toilet paper etc. We went to front desk and the man working there immediately got us towels and toilet paper.

I can't remember the name of the man at the front desk but he was awesome. Very helpful and resourceful with an outgoing and friendly personality.

• Queen Room

The motel is quite old, and feels it. Had I paid $125 it would have been acceptable. But, I booked for $250 being fooled by the photos. Then I had to add another $50 to get two beds as I was traveling with my granddaughter. I could have sworn I asked for two beds and saw that in the photo, but??? Being an old style courtyard motel the only window was a small one on the bottom of the front. So even though it was cool I want the AC - didn't work. I had to ask for a bathtub plug and hangers - there were none. There was also no electric outlet in the bathroom for a hair dryer, etc. As I say, for $300 a night one expects more. A lot more.

The room smelled like a bleach factory and was very rundown. The outlets barely held plugs and the rug was so worn that you could see the subfloor underneath in some places

The staff was friendly.

• Queen Room

Remove carpet. Dust furniture, clean windows add a couple of plugs, add a clock, PAINT the place.....

I liked nothing. Room was dirty, cobwebs , paint peeling off in chunks, dirty, stained and ripped carpet. Dingy bathroom they cleaned it but not well. Back of bathroom door was all dirty. Front entry door was painted on top of peeling paint and they wouldn't refund my money when I told the desk clerk it wasn't suitable. Hardly any plugs to charge electronics. Window in room was dirty and curtain rod very dirty. I found it nasty. Didn t even bring in my clothes. Left my bags in car and went out in the morning to rake clean clothes from car. The photos on your site looked nice enough that's why I booked it. But in person like I explained above.

• Queen Room

Bed too small, No night stands or lamp, Very poor lighting in the room. no shelves or dresser. Washroom plumbing fixtures discuss ting and dysfunctional. A/C sounds like a busy airport.

Close to everything

Room was dated - curtains and a wall had holes. Kids couldn't operate the bathtub faucet. Door lock did not seem secure - no dead bolt. WiFi was slow & spotty. A breakfast voucher would have been nice.

The room, bathroom and sheets were clean. WiFi accessible. Kids liked playground. Option to BBQ was nice, even though we did not. Fridge came in handy. Air Cond unit worked well.

No 1 theifs in hotel industry. Bloody management who charged me twice, from my pre booked credit card and on arival credit as well. No proper response from manager.

• Queen Room

if the had coffee and if the pool was open early not not 11am and stay open later too, it was ok nothing special , just clost to down town and the falls

there was no coffee .

• Queen Room with Spa Bath

The air-conditioner needs to be replaced. Very old and rusty.

The property was nice and quiet. The rooms were clean and the pool was great. It's more then decent for the price. Well worth the money!

• Queen Room

The motel needs updateing. Very old furniture, carpet. The walls need repainting. No breakfast possibility.

Motel about 4 km from attractions. There is a shuttle that stops in front of the hotel (extra charge). The room was very clean (except the old carpet). Free parking.

Some buttons on microwave didn't work but made do with it just fine. Could use a little tlc with bathroom floors and room decor. Toilet would run off and on for no reason. Air conditioner was fairly dirty and dusty. Night table light did not work. No fitted sheets so they don't stay in place while sleeping.

I liked the fact that there was a microwave and fridge in the room. Although we did not use the pool it was very well kept and clean. Community bbqs was a great addition. Air conditioning made our room much more comfy.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Full Kitchen

Had to clean pool before we swam. Room was dirty and beds were very uncomfortable. Charged more with US money and US money is worth more than Canadian money. Will never recommend anyone there.

The room smells weird and it wasn't cleaned properly. For the price we payed, we expected more from this place. I don't recommend it at all.

The motel has a great location.

no coffee pot in room plus should say on website refrigerator, microwave, outdoor grill pool & small playground didn't know about till I got here

Had refrigerator, microwave, outdoor grill pool & small playground didn't know about till I got here

• Room with Three Double Beds

Bathroom was dated and the shower was very noisy. We only stayed the one night, so it was fine for us, but a longer stay would have been challenging.

3 full-sized beds and nice hardwood floors. The pool looked nice, but it was chilly when we were there, so we didn't use it. Location was perfect for us--lots of restaurants close by and a grocery store about a 2-minute drive away so we could stock up on provisions for the rest of our trip.

• Queen Room

no coffee or tea or water offered.only 1 towel and face cloth while reservation was booked for 2 adults.fridge was not working. no ice machine on site.only 2 small pillows for queen bed.after clean up next day toilet paper was not added.

Robert 24 hour attendant was great.pool was clean and close.grounds well kept basket ball net etc.well lighted felt safe.parking .

• Queen Room

The bathtub had no non slip mat, and a bar on the wall to prevent you from slipping while having a shower, overall it was clean

We had a nice two day, three evening stay, the room we stayed in was very spacious, with a fridge, and microwave, and a t.v, and it was quiet,and close to restaurants

Just felt very dirty.

Very old dirty and dated for the price. I asked for a playpen on booking and never got one. Its good for people who need a quick nap or passing through. But I would not come back.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The birds waking me up, ha-ha.

Staff great; clean;older motel/ pool water checked three times dayly,you can sit outside your room and piece and quite.

• Room with Three Double Beds

Everything was very run down. We booked a room with 3 double beds for 5 people and only got enough blankets and pillows for 3. There was one hanger to hang clothes, the lights were burnt out, there were shoe prints on the ceiling, and the owner (we think) was really creepy and was out until midnight looking in windows while walking around with the cleaning cart even though the rooms were cleaned by cleaning ladies through the day....they also charged us for early check in even though the room was already empty and cleaned.

It was easy book in and out

The pillow was not to comfortable. I work for a internet company and they might want to look into last year's newest modem with 12 Internet rods call the hub 3000. Their wi-Fi is being affected by the environment.

We thought it was a 3 hours trip but made great time. So we arrived earlier then we planed and front desk was able to accommodate us. We were only in our room to wash, sleep & use the Internet. We were checking out the sites from morning till dusk. The Inn served the purpose we were looking for. My sons enjoyed the pool with the great weather we had. Had some difficulty keeping the Internet signal with our cells but overall we enjoyed our stay.

HORRIBLE!!! Insect in the rooms! Rooms seems like they never been cleaned !!! Worst motel ever ! Don't go there people !!!

Nothing to be liked!! The worst ever !!!

• Queen Room

Everything!!! the bed was uncomfortable, you could hear everything that people were doing outside and in other rooms. The sink was dripping, the shower leaked, the Room want clean. The floira were peeling up, the man at the front took forever to come up and meet me and was not very friendly at all

Nothing it was in a terrible area there were loud people all night and the guy was not nice when we arrive.

• Queen Room

Bed was hard, no stand to set luggage, no coffee pot in room, no soap dish in shower , only 1 hanger to hang clothes

Room was clean, was able to park outside our door

I DON;T THINK NOW WHAT YOU PEOPLE CAN IMPROVE BECAUSE I DIDN'T SPENT A LOT OF TIME THERE BUT EVERYTHING THAT I SEE I THINK WAS FINE TO ME,SO I COULDN'T BE ABLE TO COMMENT TO MUCH ABOUT IT

everything. was good, the location more important and the confort

Very friendly, helpful staff. Great to be able to park outside the room. They were able to accommodate a slight change in our booking on arrival which was great. The location is perfect for getting in and out of the Falls area. Lots to do on Lundy Lane with great access to all road networks. Very clean accommodation, towels and toiletries included. Great value for money. Would highly recommend to families, groups or couples, nice little central play area and pool -perfect after a busy day out by the falls. Local buses save on parking downtown. Thank you.

It was damp and cold and really out dated the rug was damp and ripped apart , there were holes in the walls, it was really run down inside. The mini fridge was really smelly. It was over priced for what we got. Will never stay again unless they do a major renovation. Property is great but need to update the rooms.

Staff were really nice and helpful. It was close to where we had to go. Walking distance. There was clean linens, not sure about the comforter. We brought our own pillows.

• Room with Three Double Beds

The toilet was not completely cleaned. There were dirt around it. Water temperature in the shower was extremely hard to control. Floor was very dusty. We cleaned the room before sleeping. Very frustrating. Playground not well maintained as well as the rooms. Just pay a little bit more of money and stay elsewhere.

Parking was very accessible. Close to the room.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Queen Room

How thin the walls are! We had a family with a baby in the next room beside us! They were up at 6am so we got no sleep at all!! If we had a room away from the family it would have been much better!!

Customer service was horrendous to non existent. The room floor was uneven. Room was extremely cold, which is surprising because it was nice outside. Towels were dirty. There were no extra warm blankets in the room. We heard crawling in the walls. We tried to increase the temperature in the room but there was no thermostat; which I thought its a bylaw. When we asked for refund, the so called front desk staff was rude and refused to listen to us. We asked for another room, he refused. It was also insinuated that I was a prostitute as we only used the room for 45 minutes and asked for a refund. At the end he kept the key to the room and we were out the money we paid for the room. I highly recommend no one goes there because apart from the disgusting customer service, the rooms are inhospitable.

I liked nothing in that establishment.

• Room with Three Double Beds

He doesn't stay in the office you have to walk down there, ring a doorbell and wait 10 minutes for him to walk over. The shower was broken and when I told him upon departure he simply said he'd look into it, didn't offer any kind of discount or rebate. That's an amenity that should be properly functioning, and inspected regularly. Tv cable was not hooked up upon arrival we had to track down all the wires etc and connect ourselves. No heat!! It's march, there's still snow, - temperatures and it's raining! I had to go back out to the office in the rain wait for him and ask about it. He said he would turn it on. Knowing we were coming weeks in advance ( not a drop in) and having the room all prepped would indicate the heat should be turned on when the cleaning was done so it would be warmed up by the time people arrived as early as 3 pm. The fridge was also not on. Only seating is 1 desk 1 chair. This room is 3 dbl beds, 6 person occupancy, and booked as such. There's no where to sit and eat. Doesn't accommodate traveling with children or 6 people. Bathroom window was wide open when we got there! Didn't help the heat situation.

Kids liked the play structure. He did provide an additional small space heater when I asked about the heat ( presumably knowing it would take hours just to kick in and actually warm the rom up.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Queen Room

The appearances of the room was not as expected. Could have been better kept but wasn't completely horrid.

It was a place to lay our head for the night for a cheap price

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Queen Room

It could be updated. It's your typical cheap motel. I also did not like that the mini-fridge was not functional. Because it is just sitting there, it obviously began to smell. So that was unpleasant. But the room was tidy and functional. Bring your own pillows and toiletries.

The staff was very friendly! It was wintertime and they kept the room warm. The Wi-Fi signal was strong and never dropped. Close to the falls. Overall, for the price, this was great!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Everything. Nothing to write home about. Very bad place. The place is very cold so they brought the portable heater. Their carpet is so dirty. Nothing nice at all.

The only thing I like is that the staff that attended to us is nice

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Receptionist insisted to have us pay more that agreed upon rate, heat doesn't work in rooms and therefore get ready to sleep with your winter jacket!

Location and when the wifi actually worked

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Family Two-Bedroom Suite

There is no controller for the heater in our room.

Location and value for money. Staffs were nice and accommodating to our request. The room is clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Queen Room

There was no heat and it was-12 outside owner brought a heater blew the circuit no power no hot water either......terrible

After moving went to an updated room

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

The room was freezing! We did not have access to the heating control. It was a particularly cold night but still slept in sweaters and sweatpants.

The room was clean, the gentleman at reception was friendly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Full Kitchen

MOLD! We stayed in the two queen bed with full kitchen. The room was filthy! Mold everywhere, big brown stains on towels. EVERY towel had stains. The face cloth was not even white anymore. Kitchen was very dirty and I had to rewash them all. TV did not work and our room was too far away from the office to get WiFi. Sheets were full of hair and there was NO HEAT. They have us a space heater. When we went to tell them about all this around 10pm, the man covering the desk gave us no answers or solutions. Didn't even offer us a new room. In the morning I decided that we were not staying the two nights. The manager said that she would refund the second night but "You slept here so you pay for last night". Horrible customer service!

NOTHING