Reviews of Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundland 3 stars

199 Kenmount Road, A1B 3P9 St. John's, Canada

#4 of 24 hotels in St. John's

I found a dirty subway napkin under the desk in my room. When i tried to make coffee in my room it hadnt been cleaned out. Our tv kept glitching but i didnt notify staff as it was late at night. When i checked in my room my credit card was requested to be placed on hold. 20 dollars was taken off my card so really i paid 190 for my room; not 170. Even though i was notified through email that the pool slide wasnt working, they didnt lower the cost to my room. i was charged an extra 20 instead.

The staff was super friendly. Best part of the stay. The pool wasnt working but i was notified of this prior to my stay through email. The bathrooms were super clean and the beds were comfy.

I wished there was a hot tub in the pool.

Staff were very friendly. Kitchen staff were especially helpful, for example, offered to make pancakes for my son because the waffle station was not working, and gave us cinnamon when we asked it.

Nothing. Perfect hotel.

Best included breakfast anywhere. Excellent staff. VERY quiet rooms and everything works. Clean. Our favourite spot to stay. I found most restaurants like Montana's, Kelsey's in St. Johns far too loud. Loud music = sound people. Mama Sula's is a little far on Torbay Road but well worth the trip!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

We always stay at the Farfield....and every time we’re pleased 😀 Great rooms, kids love the pool, and the breakfast is always exceptional! Great job staff

Coming from the west our internal clocks did not adjust and we kept missing breakfast. Not the hotels fault but I felt it would have been great to have some options left out an hour or so later.

Very good beds and pillows, staff is terrific!! Pool is excellent!!

The breakfast is very crowded on Saturday and Sunday mornings and sometimes difficult to find a table.

I love breakfast and feeding the kids before you head out for the day.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

My only complaint, which isn't a big deal really, would be that at the buffet breakfast, there was no bacon. Two types of sausage, which I don't like, great for those that do, but not so great for me.

Stayed in the king suite, it was great! Had a couch in a little living room off of the bedroom which I thought was fabulous! Gave that extra bit of space that made it a more comfortable stay. Two tv's in the room, so you could watch from the couch or the bed and it had Netflix, so all you had to do was sign into your account. Was fantastic!

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Its not expensive, but price could be a little more competitive given the place was probably half empty just before Christmas.

Stayed with wife and 4 kids in a family suite. Room was good size with enough room for us all to relax. Pool was imprtant for our kids. Pool area was clean and well maintained. And open 7am -10pm. Hotel is newer, so it was kinda expected to be fairly well maintained.

The only thing I did not like was the fact I never stayed longer, you have to go to know what I am talking about it was a fantastic stay

I likes the people who worked there, very very genuine and were more like your friends, made you feel right at home, god love them they were more then fantastic, from the cleaners to the folks behind the front desk you could never ask for any better, I was surprised and I go back to this hotel in a heart beat.

The breakfast system left at lot to be desired....no organization to travel path in getting the food. Shortage of food several times...shortage of coffee on times...shortage of utensils and napkins...needs more bread toasting facilities especially with large volume of people. Staff seemed to be doing what they could but just couldn’t keep up with it. Hotel was really busy but management should have known this in advance and been better prepared.

the pool is tiny and that isn't the way its portrayed in the ads. no vending machines in the hotel Didn't really enjoy the breakfast buffet. the omelettes and scrambled eggs are from powdered egg and it tastes like it.

Staff are very friendly hotel is clean bed is comfortable

Breakfast area was very busy. Some clients were in a hurry and tended to reach over others for cutlery, coffee mugs/cups, etc.; others had difficulty locating some of the necessities and moved back and forth among the stations to find what they were looking for!.

Comfortable bed, clean room, good breakfast, friendly staff (desk, at breakfast, and cleaning staff). Parking was good and despite the commercial location our room was always quiet. Very convenient to nearby restaurants, to attractions in the St. John's area, and to the airport.

did not find the beds very comfortable, not much sleep

Pool was nice, rooms were ok, very tight with two beds in the room, not very spacious but manageable, good breakfast! the photos are deceiving,makes things look bigger than actually are,just my thoughts

I didn't like the fact that I thought I was getting the same room rate for four nights but my final night was charged to me at full rate. This was not explained to me. I think that was somewhat dodgy.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. The breakfast was excellent and the people who cleaned our room was pleasant, informative and chatty.

It would have been nice to have a restaurant on site, as the weather was so cool, wet and windy we didn't want to go back out for dinner once we had returned from sightseeing.

It was very quiet. No outside noise reaching into the room. All contact with staff was pleasant.

Always love our stay at the Fairfield. Haven't had any negative stays there.

The Staff at Fairfield St.John's are fantastic. My boys play a lot of sports and when staying in the city we usually stay there. They are extremely family friendly and Staff know us when we stay there now. They are Awesome with the kids!! This means a lot when travelling with children especially for sporting events. Breakfast is Fabulous with great choices. We love staying at the Fairfield. :)

I didn't like that we didn't get our room I wanted. Also, it would be nice to have some more gluten free breakfast options and have the others marked if gluten free or not.

I didn't get the room I wanted. Just one bed for 4 people. Needless to satay, none of us slept! I asked the front desk but couldn't change the room for us.

Love the room. Staff were amazing. Breakfast with kids was a bit of a mess. Food was gone fast because small servings laid out. Kids kept waiting on bacon and hash browns to be refilled. Prob could use bigger trays to serve the amount of people. Pool was clean and room could use another wastebasket. Only One in our room.

Pool a little small since if was very busy but that wouldn't affect our decision to come back.

The staff at the front desk were amazing,friendly and very helpful. The went the extra mile to guide us in St John's and gave us amazing advices as to where to eat and what to visit.

Lack of tables for breakfast area, the beds weren't that comfy and the location was too far from things without a car.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The cookies and refreshments later in the day were a nice touch.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

There was no restaurant or bar in the hotel, and the only place in a walking distance was fiones and was way way to expensive. Our biggest thing was we got woke up by the house cleaning, they knocked on our door at around 9 in the morning which was not good since we were on a mini vacation and were out till late. The early housecleaning was our least favourite thing

There was very nice decor, nice facilities, the pool was exceptional, shower was not as expected but still very good. Overall we loved our stay the room was large and very accommodating, loved the microwave and mini fridge. We loved the location being so close to everything our most expensive cab was $8 and it was such a warm day around 26 degrees menchies was a 2 minute walk from the hotel, And we loved the living area with the sofa bed, Good value for your money.

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful and the accomodations were excellent. Because it was so busy we didn't have time to take in the breakfast.

Breakfast area was very congested and the toasters were inadequate for the volume of people, the selection of gluten free products was non existent except for a small tray of bread and a toaster that took forever to brown the bread!

The breakfast selection was great,except for the qluten free selectioit was non existent! awesome selection of hot and cold items. Items were refilled as soon as they were about to run out, staff was pleasent and helpful.

Ran out of coffee and orange juice at breakfast one morning and the following morning there were no clean knives available. Also, the waffle maker didn't work well.

Very comfy beds and the kids loved the water slide.

Nothing! F

The room was comfortable, staff were all helpful and pleasant. The breakfast was a plus. Parking was never a problem. The location was very convenient. We stayed there 4 days previously on our trip

Very discouraged by levies and marketing taxes placed on top of room charges per night .... these costs should be included in room. Shame on nl government

Parking was difficult on times. But it was busy time of the year. There is a bar/pub next door and I think people may have been going there but using hotel parking lot.

Breakfast was good. Staff really friendly!

We believe that my husband's t-shirt was "taken" from the pool area by another visitor. Not any fault of the hotel or its staff, but just a negative thing to have had happen

The staff was amazing!!!! Andrew, you was on the front desk, greeted my husband as he was leaving for an unexpected early morning shift for work, with coffee and load of breakfast stuff for him to take on the road. My children, aged 5 and 2, were the first visitors to the dining area at 6:30 am, and Andrew greeted us and engaged with my children; he even showed them a magic trick and gave my daughter her very own room key ( it was her birthday). If all your staff are a fraction as lovely and helpful as Andrew, you will always have us as returning customers!!!!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Parking was crazy. Pretty sure the bar/restaurant next door took up your parking. The slide and pool area is pretty poor. Pool is too close to the door and the pool was too deep need a more shallow area. Bigger pool would work well too. Need more gluten free options, thanks for the desperate toaster though!

Breakfast was good, gluten free options were ok The kids loved the slide and pool!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The cleanliness can be improved upon. I consider the air conditioning unit loud and it cuts in frequently.

The waterslide and pool are the highlights and why we choose this hotel, having a young child with us. The breakfast is good and the staff very friendly and professional. Close to many amenities and some family restaurants off Kenmount Rd. There's also a restaurant right next door.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The hotel is on the Outskirts of St Johns so be prepared to drive into the city centre to explore.

Located within east reach of the airport. Friendly staff made us feel very welcome. The pool (albeit small) and slide were a big hit with my son who didn't want to leave the hotel to do any sight seeing! All in all a comfortable and pleasant start to our trip around Newfoundland.

This old girl was hoping for a hot tub after those long days of hiking and touring! Happy we had a rental car so getting to the attractions from here was easy.

The staff was so good;The lady working on our floor was exceptionally friendly (Paula?) everything was perfect.. best breakfast I've had in any hotel stay. Pool and laundry was appreciated. Did not use the fitness room but it looked well equipped. Nice pub next door.

Too hot in the room, AC making too much noise had to stop it during it during the night. Too much chlorine in the swimming po

Good welcome and info at our arrival ( info that Costco was not that far for cheaper fuel)

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The first night I was there, trouble getting parking I mentioned it to the staff and was told well there is a lot happening here tonight. NO apology just an attitude as a paying customer to deal with it. There should be designated parking for those staying the hotel. Also there was a mess at the breakfast and not refilling items for breakfast. That was disappointing because it was one of the reasons why I chose this hotel.

Loved the location the security of the hotel using card in the elevator made me feel safe travelling alone.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Pool was a little small and very full.

The room was excellent. Very big, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was the best included breakfast I have ever had at a hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

This would have been my ideal location had there been a restaurant. The breakfast was great but after all day of meetings, the last thing I wanted to do was go out for supper.

The staff were amazing; pleasant and always had a welcoming smile. I also like the security of the hotel with respect to swipe cards needed on the elevator. Always a great aspect when travelling alone

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The hotel was clean and comfortable with room amenities such as microwave, fridge and coffee/tea maker. Breakfast was good with a nice variety of hot and cold options along with some gluten free choices. Would recommend this hotel!

Could of had more parking. No restaurant for room service.

The room was fantastic. The free breakfast was delicious! Very convenient location close to everything. Will definitely book next time I go back.

No restaurant or pub .. and no hot tub... pool was nice but seemed the chlorine in the pool was way to high... it burned your eyes just sitting in the area

Clean , breakfast was good

The only thing I don't like is there is no dining room to get a hot meal

The pool,the breakfast, the room, the staff. The overall stay was excellent

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

My girls were a little disappointed in the size of the pool

We loved the whole stay..it was our first time there but we will definitely be back it was a home away from home

Bigger pool.

Everything was wonderful, really enjoyed my first stay there, only minor disappointment was the size of the pool, very small so my daughter and I didn't avail of it, families with younger kids did seem to like it. Staff is very helpful and friendly. 😁

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Everything was great. The complimentary breakfast was superb. The room was spacious and comfortable. Our kids loved the pool & water slide. The staff were friendly, professional and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Room smells really old and musty pool was way to small for the size of the hotel couldn't swim in it...

Everything was nice and clean the Buffett breakfast was delicious staff were very friendly!!!

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

There were no available parking spots when we arrived at 10:30 pm. Had to go to another businesses lot further away in the rain.

Friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

I found the scrambled eggs were cold and rubbery. The warmers did not seem to keep the food hot. It would have been nice to have strip bacon offered too. The homefries were really good...not very warm most of the time but they tasted good.

The staff were so pleasant and accommodating. They always had a smile and took care of any issues quickly. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable.

I didn't like that it was time to go home lol and we did have to go ask for robes but not a big deal

I loved how clean everything was the staff were soo friendly and helpful breakfast was the bomb.com absolutely amazing love love love it my son was there with another group of people he hit his head off another boys head at the pool they took care of it very well ... my son wants to go there for his birthday and I would love to relax there again as well thank you soo much

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Housekeeping staff did not do good job of cleaning - chips under edge of sofa, and something stickey on bathroom floor.

Excellent layout of the suites where sitting area provided a buffer between window noise and the bed.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The bathrooms need hooks for the towels. It ask you to reuse your towels but theirs no where no hang them. Bathrobes are small for a big person and super stiff not very comfy. The pool needs some sort of supervision. Even if it's just a crew member walking past and checking on it while doing other jobs. We had very young kids in their with no parents and we felt like we were always watching them in case something happened to them. They were also very rambunctious and jumping off the sides and just made the experience not fun for us.

Love this location. It's on kenmount so just a short drive to all the shopping centres. Great breakfast and beautiful room.

Loved everything, nothing to dislike!!!

Absolutely everything! Amazing staff and hotel, we cannot wait to book and go back to Fairfield inn! Only place we will be staying from now on!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The shower seemed to lack a little water pressure

The spacious layout of both the reception area and recreation areas as well as the comfort and cleanliness of the room.

Free paper, coffee all day and night and free cookies 😊 Also there is an excellent breakfast that is provided. The best continental breakfast I've ever had!!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Surprised the rooms don't have robes.

Beds are very comfortable especially after a fun day in the pool and on the water slide with the kids. The free breakfast had everything anyone could want.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Would of been nice if the pool was available but it was under repair. Not much you can do about that but we were told ahead of time.

The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was wonderful. Lots to choose from.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

tHE BREAKFAST WAS TERRIBLE NOT MUCH OF A SELECTION TO PICK FROM.I WOULD OF PAID FOR MY BREAKFAST TO HAVE A NICE BREAKFAST. FOR A BEAUTIFUL HOTEL THE DINING IS TERRIBLE. I TRAVEL A LOT WILL NEVER STAY At THIS HOTEL AGAIN. And it was very noisy.

It was clean.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

housekeeping not so early would like it to be a little later in the morning as we missed services for the first day because we were not out of the room yet.

excellent breakfast rooms were very comfortable

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Always looking for a better price.

Breakfast was great, the room was clean and bed was comfortable. Great service from all the staff. I will be back :-)

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The beds were super uncomfortable, did not rest well at all. The hot breakfast was cold and overcooked. The gluten free bread avaiable was stale. I do not plan on staying at this hotel in the future.

The location was great.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Very disappointed the water slide was closed. Main reason I booked this hotel. It was my 60th birthday and wanted to celebrate with my 4 grandsons. They would have liked making waffles at breakfast. I was disappointed I didn't get a reduced rate on the rooms because of the closure of the slide. Also no hot water for shower in the morning.

We were able to get 3 rooms together. Beds were comfy and nice big shower. Hot and cold breakfast was good. Nice clean pool.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Called the week after our stay as I left something in the room. The lady I was speaking into never did get back to me to let me know if it was found or not and I couldn't get a hold of her after. So eventually I just stopped in and they had it there for me. So the only downfall was the lack of service from the lady overseeing lost and found.

Loved the security of the hotel in the way of needing a key to access upper floors. The location is perfect. All staff were very friendly, especially the cleaning staff.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

I was there with my husband and not my child so I didn't love the children running around but I understand there's a pool so there's going to be children

I like the location, have an a fridge and coffee maker in my room, and the hot breakfast.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Maybe a curfew put on the parents to look after their kids after 11

I didn't like the very very noisy group that was knocking on door and kids running up and down the hall way until 1

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

I didn't like that it was not within walking distance to most things, or that there wasn't an shuttle option to take you downtown. I found taxi fares to be expensive. I chose this property because of its proximity to the University but should have stayed downtown.

Listed above!!!

I liked just about everything!!! Having the free breakfast was a bonus and one of the reasons we chose to stay at the property. However, there was one downside. The people in the room next to ours were extremely loud until late into the night (3:00am) and the same again around 7:00am.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Room smelled stale even running the air conditioning. Suggest that the air conditioning be regularly cleaned. Breakfasts also not as nice compared to the many, many other times I have stayed there.

The location is excellent and the facility is very nicely designed.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

The staff was very friendly and informative when we checked in, they even prepared a package of maps and brochures. The breakfast was excellent, good selection available. Room very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The complimentary hot breakfast was great. The breakfast eating area is quite spacious and includes booths as well as tables for seating. The bedrooms were clean with comfortable beds and a large bathroom.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

We missed your pancake machine!

We love the pool and waterslide for the kids as well as the included breakfast....very clean as well...friendly staff and great location

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Best choice in St john's !! when i wake up late,very very friendly staff help me keep my breakfast !!!!! Check in speed is very fast, i have been here for 4 nights

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

The beds were comfy but sheets were wrinkled and some pillows were smelly. Room not as clean as I would have liked.

Breakfast was nice with a variety of hot and cold choices. My son loved the waterslide and pool. Rooms were decent but the cleanliness was questionable.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The pillows were a little too fluffy with no support.

The breakfast was great and staff were very friendly and accomadating to open up an extra room for dinning.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

My son was expecting bacon though :( I would have liked whole wheat bread or more grain products with higher fibre content (whole wheat bagels or muffins, for example). We were party of 4 and we were supplied only 2 glasses and 3 bath towels.

Breakfast was varied and good selection. Great pool area. Like that you have washer/dryers

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Breakfast very limited for vegetarians. Gym and pool are small but adequate.

Staff were awesome! Room and beds comfortable and clean. No noise at all! Kids loved the water slide! Hot drinks in lobby (and cookies) were a great extra.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Dry pancakes. You should obtain a waffle or pancake maker. They would be instantly fresh as the guests make their own pancakes or waffles.

I slept well, as the bed was comfortable. Both the room & bathroom were spotless clean. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, always had time for a smile and a question. A lot of variety for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Dirty ring around pool No towels at pool Couldn't close the curtains!

The pool area Staff was friendly A lot of parking Felt very secure having to use cards on elevator and in pool area