Reviews of Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth 5 stars

900 Rene Levesque Boulevard ouest, H3B 4A5 Montréal, Canada

#42 of 136 hotels in Montréal

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

I’d try the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton next time

There were all sorts of annoying noises in the room itself. Buzzing beeping non stop. I didn’t sleep for two days straight. They did offer to change my room the second night which I declined because of trouble of repacking and unpacking. They also offered us mimosa at brunch which they charged us $144. I’m trying to get the charges reversed. Surely a mistake, but the inconvenience remains.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

The market place downstairs and the spaciousness of the room
    • Fairmont King Room with City View

A week or so before our arrival, they sent me an email asking me if I wanted an upgrade to our room for an additional charge of $7.00, to which I agreed. Upon check-in, when I mentioned it? The clerk told me that it hadn’t been ‘approved’, HOWEVER they had several other upgrades they could offer us (at considerably more expense). First of all, I don’t understand offering something and then telling me it’s not approved...that doesn’t make sense. Secondly, under those circumstances, it felt like a ‘bait and switch’ tactic and I found it distasteful.

The market place downstairs and the spaciousness of the room

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

A pleasant stay but not as delightful as we would have expected for such a prestigious hotel.
    • Fairmont King Room with City View

More like a four star hotel than a five star. Room and bathroom on the small side. Queuing at the desk to check in and out. Did not feel extra special. Excessively expensive in the stylish food shop. Next to the station but a longish walk to Montréal Old Town.

The bed was large and beautifully comfortable. A wonderful view of the cathedral. Amazing staircase and lighting in the hotel entrance;

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Returning next weekend!
    • Signature Fairmont Gold Room

I intentionally waited until after 9pm which is supposed to be adults only time in the swimming pool. Was not able to enjoy a peaceful swim because of the children playing across the the whole pool.

The food market in the lobby is amazing. Access to travel means is exceptional and the Fairmont Gold lounge is a wonderful treat

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Good staff service.
    • Fairmont King Room

Difficult to find parking. The space in the hotel is very limited. Public parking is available next to the hotel through but I would have preferred to park in the hotel rather than dragging my bags on the street.

Good staff service. Comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Met our expectations.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was great, a little pricey - lots of taxes and fees from Quebec.

The hotel is in a great location and our room overlooked the cathedral - it was beautiful!

Pleasant stay in Montréal
    • Fairmont King Room

WiFi and baggage storage were additional charges.

Room was spacious and very clean. Good selection of toiletries. Restaurant, shop and cafe in complex.

The beds are very comfortable.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

The AC would not turn off in our room, which made it really cool at night, and the elevators were a real pain to wait for.

The beds are very comfortable.

Affordable luxury in a great location.
    • Fairmont King Room

.room service food was not as advertised, however, and that was disappointing. If you say 'scrambled eggs with truffles', there should be truffles in the eggs...and the quality was ok...eggs were a bit watery. If I had known there wouldn't be truffles, I would have ordered poached eggs instead.

the marche was amazing, staff super helpful and friendly, bed WAS comfy. The crepe was delicious.

Superb hotel and top notch for the staff, food and general keeping of the hotel
    • Fairmont King Room with City View

I think the WiFi should be free if you stay there - on some occasions it isn’t.

I have stayed at the fairmont before for both business and leisure it is an excellent hotel that meets high quality standards

Luxury reception, nice coffee shop, nice shop.
    • Fairmont King Room with City View

Luxury reception, nice coffee shop, nice shop. Nespresso machine in room. Super bed and nice cosmetics in the bathroom. Improvement areas: free water in room or reception, WiFi should be free and our WiFi logged us out every 5 minutes, that made researching things to do frustrating.

Cleanliness, decor, products used and location
    • Fairmont King Room

I didn’t get the room I had booked for. I was also made to make a deposit for damages, when it didn’t state that anywhere upon booking. They need more staff as well- to accommodate the influx of guests.

Cleanliness, decor, products used and location

The whole montreal experience was very much enhanced by this hotel!!!

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Comfortable bed; great location; the rooms / hotel have been refurbished since I was last here, and the results are great. Both my family and my friend's family loved the place. Very central location in Montreal, walking distance to Mount Royal, Old Montreal, Chinatown, McGill, Shopping districts, Bell Centre, etc. The Artisan market in the lobby is one of the greatest "giftshop/market" I've seen at a hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The pool and jacuzzi were the best!
    • Fairmont King Room with City View

The sheets were rough - not what I expect for a 5 star hotel, and the comforter was worn. The room temperature wouldn't Get cold enough, although they did provide a small fannupon request.

The pool and jacuzzi were the best! Location is great. Food store (and waffles) were wonderful.

Not pleased with being charged twice
    • Fairmont King Room

Had to pay for the internet - which I haven’t experience at any other hotel. And not only that I was charged twice on my visa for my stay, and it has not been resolved.

The lobby and pool

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Beautiful remolded hotel with comfortable rooms and swimming pool
    • Fairmont Double Room with View

Remolded hotel centrally located and we upgraded to executive floor with access to exercise president club lounge that has nice breakfast, afternoon tea and desert treats.beautiful

It’s very clean.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

WiFi is not included in the price of the hotel. Plus, there were no notice of the price of the WiFi when we used it, and it wasn’t even that good.

It’s very clean. This hotel is meant for elderly people. They don’t like noises. So if you are looking for a romantic get away, it’s the perfect place. Clean and quiet!

Subpar
    • Fairmont Gold King Room

Room very small. Bed appeared to be queen not king as specified. As a Gold floor room access to the complimentary food and continental breakfast way overpriced and food/snacks provided were sub par especially the breakfast. Everything was cold and some items emptied and not readily refilled. Very disappointing overall given the price point.

Location and service are excellent

I will be back!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

nothing it was a perfect stop

bed was extremely comfortable staff was very friendly the view from the room was very nice and the whole hotel was spotless good minibar variety and lots of stuff available in the room(glasses ice bucket snack plates...)

I would not go back there again.
    • Fairmont King Room

The person who checked us in was not friendly. In fact, she acted like she didn’t want to be there. She did not smile or greet us in a friendly manner. We couldn’t get the coffee machine to work even though we read the directions thoroughly. There was no WiFi unless you paid for it. And a bottle of water from the bar in the room cost over $10.00. I found that the amenities were pretty poor for a high priced hotel.

We really liked the close proximity to Via train station. That is the reason we chose the hotel. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The person who brought our bags to the room was very friendly and helpful.

Excellent location and staff.
    • Fairmont Double Room with View

I couldn’t take my drink from hotel restaurant to room while I was getting dressed.

My view out the window, thin rimmed glass ware in the elegant hotel restaurant.

Not really a Fairmont hotel
    • Fairmont Double Room with View

I booked this palce because of some excellent Fairmont experiences. Nothing about this experience matched my previous Fairmont experiences. It seems like they are using the Fairmont branding , but aren't quite providing the same level of service

Well positioned, nice pool.
    • Fairmont King Room with City View

Open terrace used for music Thursday - Sun in summer until 11pm. Despite recent renovation, noise intrusion was bad. Ask for a room on the quiet side!

Staff did not hesitate to change our room when asked - and for a junior suite!

Great Hotel, great location. But hotel bar shut for one of the weekday nights
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was very expensive and confusing. Not sure what was included in price. Also Bar was shut one of the nights???? Why?

Friendly staff. Massage was really good

over priced, outdated good location

everything

starting with the staff; whom are super confused at 3am in the morning! then the super cramped rooms and bathroom. Honestly as soon as you walk out the elevator it just wrecked (we were on the 8th floor). And you have to pay for wifi like are you kidding me!!

Would do it again in a millisecond.

Not one thing. I wish I could have stayed longer, but $$

Staff is ALWAYS top notch people. Location is absolutely perfect, Reno’s are great! Experience amazing as always at the Queen E. We’ve been going for 20 years.

The renovations are a work of art.

Loved everything.

The renovations are a work of art. You feel you are in an important place when you visit the Agora. The Marché des Artisans is such an amazing place to eat! Oyster bar!!!

Not that nice.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

You feel like it’s an extortion. They want you to pay for everything, from internet to luggage storage, from an upgrade yiu didn’t ask for to a water you didn’t drink.

Good choice but next time??
    • Junior Suite with King Bed

Floor catpet doesn't feel so good for high cost. The Marble floor in Ritz carten can be a good reference. Morning buffet is jyst standard. Pool is fairly good, but water is too turbud.

Location is the best~ Service and valet parking are wonderful with good system. Lobby is spaceous and beautiful. Gym is well installed.

All fur coat and no knickers
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

A convince store within the hotel would have been handier. Felt the room was overpriced for its size and facilities. Couldn’t wash your feet in the bath if you were bigger than a 10.

Excellent location

The 2$ charge for leaving your luggage at concierge.
    • Fairmont King Room

The 2$ charge for leaving your luggage at concierge. A five hotel that passes that onto its clientele is very short sighted and I will consequently never use Fairmont hotels again.

Not worth the money. Didn't get what i paid for. Next time anything but fairmont in Montreal.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

Very small room and washroom. No free wifi. Even tim horton and mcdonalds offer free wifi.Requestes room at higher floor and got room at 4th floor.pillows very uncomfortable.

Very good location with easy access to everything around.

Nice place, won’t stay again when I come back to Montreal in three weeks.
    • Fairmont King Room

Had to pay to store luggage on our last day. I have never had to do this before. It felt like the hotel needed to nickel and dime everything. Additionally, the cost of WiFi was outrageous.

The Queen Elizabeth is a nice place to stay.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

I'm not a fan of foam mattresses.

The staff are real professional and the rooms, facilitates are clean with no heavy perfume smells in any of the rooms.

Average because of the food, won't be back, too bad as the hotel is a really nice place
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The food was the only drawback, it was brutal, the baguette was hard as a rock, rizotto lacked flavour and the salad was comparable to a grocery store pre-bought product. Incredibly bad!

The room and service were very good

Enjoyable stay overall!
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

Came with family members and disappointed that our rooms were so far apart from each other. Made spending time together harder to do.

Ice cream was delicious. Ordered some each day of my stay.

I will be back for sure
    • Fairmont King Room

The room temperature was hard to set. Either toocold or too hot.

The gym was great! The location was perfect? The beds were very comfy! ! Close to the train and close to st-catherine st which was a plus.

Great to be a part of Montréal history!
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

Could have better variety in the buffet breakfast!

Excellent love location with Gare Central Station connected by a door. Great feel of being a part of history in the Hotel!

Thank you my family and I really enjoyed our stay in our city :)
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

Comfort , cleanliness and amazing service always with genuine smile! Great facilities and amazing location ! what made Amazing was the staff. The room service was delicious ! And for the quality and quantity greatly priced for room service !

The Roselys staff were excellent.
    • Fairmont King Room

Overall the hotel was very nice. I do miss the pre-renovation hotel though. This seems far too modern for the Queen Elizabeth. That said, those who haven't been before wouldn't know the difference. My only true negative was the bathroom. It was quite small and didn't have much counter space. It was borderline ok for for one but I would find it difficult to share the bathroom, if needed.

The Roselys staff were excellent. It was also very nice to be able to simply click on an email link to check out.

Stressful and not a pleasant expereince.
    • Fairmont King Room

The check-in agent at the Fairmont reception who gave us the worst room imaginable and charged us extra for it. He would be better suited to selling timeshare as opposed to working for the Fairmont brand. We were treated as customers not worthy of a decent room even though I had booked the gold floor a few months ago for the following two nights and paid a premium for this. Don't bother with the Gold Floor it is a complete waste of money, greasy breakfast and second-rate canapes in the evening. On Sunday the floor in the lounge area was dirty with old flowers on the table and rotting fruit in the bowls. When I pointed out the comparison with other Fairmont Hotels I was told that the brand is not consistently the same in all hotels. On departure day not assistance from the concierge with our plans and we were told to take our bags to the front reception and pay $2.00 even though if staying on the Gold floor you can store your baggage there and use the facilities until your flight.

The view from the city room.

It was quiet.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

Paying for wifi in this day is ridiculous. That should be included with the stay.

It was quiet. The hotel facilities...restaurants, etc. we're lovely. The people were extremely polite and helpful.

Glad I just slept there & city is great. Not getting ripped at "Unfair"Mount again! Vive Marriott
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

Fake updgrade, no bathtube (it was wirtten as included), hidden expenses, the fact that my wife wake up with the bill right in her face, What if this was a gift and I dont want to disclose this information... No WIfi???? In 2018 charging 20$ per day for wifi is just middle-age...

Bed is ok. No wifi. Expenses hidden, tons of charges, no bathtube, 30 min to get out the parking the day of the check-out... Everything is made so customer spend the most.... My car was parked for not even 50 hours total => paid 72 hours

Lovely romantic weekend - the perfect getaway!
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I can think of is that the coffee machine in the room was certainly for Nespresso, but not for regular capsules, so I couldn't use the ones I had brought with me.

The rooms are unique - the walls were blue and the decorations gorgeous. As always in Fairmont hotels, the bed was extra comfy. Breakfast was delicious, with lots of variety and all of my favorites, and the coffee was excellent.

Great room, not so great valet service

My only grievance was the long delay at check-out with regards to the valet car service. It took about 20-30 minutes to retrieve my car.

The room itself was great! The view of downtown MTL and the Catherdral, Mary Queen of the World, was stunning!

Amazing
    • Fairmont King Room

I loved everything about the property the rooms were smart, the overall appearance and feel of the property was everything I expected and more from a Fairmont property. The pool facilities and gym were brilliant and all staff were amazing and super helpful. I’d definitely recommend this property and stay again when I return to Montreal at some point

Spectacular modernization of a favorite classic.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

I can’t think of anything we didn’t like.

Absolutely beautiful hotel. Right in the center of shopping, museums, restaurants - it is an ideal location for sightseeing starts. Conveniently located near subway and train station. The staff was professional and the service impeccable! Certainly maintains the high quality of the FAIRMONT brand.

Good enough
    • Fairmont King Room

I was expected better bed, unfortunately the bed sheets were rough and some of them started to turn yellowish white, I really was disappointed couldn’t have a good sleep

The great service( from receptionist to commissionaires) like no other hotel! , the view, the welcoming card & macaroon in the room upon arrival (coz we were celebrating our anniversary) was a nice touch

The renovation is stunning and the service was excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room service meals were not hot. Portions could be slightly more generous and presentation improved.

Amazing design, decor and furnishings. Suite layout was very pleasing. The pocket french doors between living area and bedroom added much charm.

Good location, but rooms small.

Rooms quite small, bathroom very small. Breakfast not good value for money. Not comparable to other Fairmont hotels.

Beds very comfortable, thick white towels. Marché deli has excellent food products ! Very good location, the hotel is connected to the underground RESO system, which is convenient in very cold weather.

Live the service, the staff and all the small details and...
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

The lobby was cold and there was not really any place to be confortable to site and spend some time..

Live the service, the staff and all the small details and attention that make it a 5 stars hotel

We enjoyed the stay,
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

No fridge in the room (you have to pay for that 25$), you have to pay for baggage room (2$ per bag). Nobody tells you about free water in the mini-bar. Minibar automatically charges you if you take out beverages.

Close to shopping and a grocery Provigo store next to the Bell Centre. Good pool and gym areas. Stuff is very friendly and attractive. Good value for money.

Would stay again.
    • Fairmont King Room

We were locked out of our room due to a keypad malfunction; it took about 40 minutes to gain access to the room in order to collect our belongings and move to another (upgraded) room. While inconvenient, maintenance staff and management responded as well as circumstances permitted.

Great pillows! Some (not all) of the new decor - hallways and bathrooms great. Some of the furniture and art accents will look dated in a few years. Artisan market on main floor is terrific.

Disappointed as we had great expected of staying in a newly renovated Fairmont Hotel.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

The selection of dining venues was extremely limited and the food was poor, not enough choices, small portions and tasted bad. We asked for bread and butter 3 times to no avail.... The Rosély dining room felt lite eating in a cheap school cafeteria, we would not even consider eating breakfast in this dining room. Needless to say that we will not go back to the Queen Elizabeth on our next trip to Montreal. Furthermore for having visited and stayed in a few Fairmont hotels/resorts, we do not feel that this establishment meets Fairmont standards.

The staff at the Nacarat and the hotel staff were very nice and helpful. It was across the road from The Keg and walking distance to the Centre Bell.

not worth it
    • Fairmont King Room with City View

the service ! the price of it is not worth it ? bottle of water for 13$ !! wifi not included and cant be included as u need to be member of so ridiculous thing they told me!!! i mean how come ! it just wifi and they didn't add it ! also after i checked out they charged me 100$ extra and still dont know why!! this hotel is scam and not worth even 1 star !

the building ism new

Overall a good stay!

You had to pay for wifi and rooms were very small

We liked the hotel very much! Rooms were very small but we were very thankful that booking.com were able to accommodate our needs (under the circumstances )

Great last minute trip.

nothing < the rain >..

I have been to this location many times but this time I felt very happy with the service and the room was awesome ,only thing is I booked for 2 double beds we only got 1 king bed.

The bed was really comfortable & the situation of the...
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

No regular tea available even when we asked. Minibar wasn't working so another small fridge was brought up which was great however it took up valuable space. Bathroom was well appointed but quite small.

The bed was really comfortable & the situation of the hotel was great in being able to get to most places by foot or the Metro. The staff were superb despite some of the rudest American visitors! Our chamber maid was a delight.

As always this hotel is first class in every way.
    • Fairmont Gold King Room

Absolutely nothing! The hotel is still under renovation but there was no intrusion for guests.

This is a 5 star hotel with a 5 star price but with 5 star quality.

We enjoyed every minute of our stay
    • Royale Ville-Marie Suite

The hotel is very nice and the staff exceeded my expectations. My husband and I enjoyed very much the restaurant Rosélys and the facilities onsite. Our room was great, and the view spectacular.

Too expensive for what we got.
    • Fairmont King Room

Cold atmosphere Stated there many times before renovations. Do not like the new design at all. Foyer/lobby is not welcoming like before. Too open Not like before with beautiful couches and chairs Music and people welcoming guests.

Location and cleanliness

Unpleasant. Overpriced, arrogant, minimal attention and rude.
    • Fairmont King Room

Overpriced. Personal usage of refrigerator not allowed (as soon as the beverage in the frig is removed or relocated, it comes with charge and the hotel has extent low tolerance to accidentally relocating them). Bellman pointed us direction to taxi waiting line but there was no taxi, and no assistant from the bellman. We walked to Marriott to find one. We might as well as stayed in Marriott. Overall arrogant and despising the customers.

It's overall clean. And relatively good location.

Great mini vacation.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel has been renovated since my last visit, beautifully done. The pool and spa have been upgraded too. Staff are friendly and always willing to help.

Nice that's it's all newly renovated
    • Fairmont King Room with City View

Fake advertising an outdoor patio on the second floor that doesn't exist. The staff were so rude. Took me 45 min in the phone to get wifi in the room. I used to go there all the time before they closed for Renos but I deffinetly won't go back. Crystal hotel been there while there were closed loved it.

Nice that's it's all newly renovated

A property that provided convenience, courtesy and a very welcoming welcome!
    • One Bedroom Suite with King Bed

Bathroom a trifle small

Superb staff: everyone courteous, cheerful and helpful. Especial thanks to Cesar on Front desk who fielded all requests very efficiently and made us feel very welcome.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Everything else

Didn't have coffee available for 24hrs in lobby

Everything else

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

They don’t honor the price from booking.com. They say their price is approximate, and this is true,
    • Fairmont Room with Two Double Beds

The bathrooms are extremely small.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Very nice location.
    • Fairmont Double Room with View

Room is little small for my family for 2 adults and two kids, 10 and 7.

Very close to downtown and old Montreal.

Convenient but not a luxury hotel
    • Fairmont King Room

Bathroom is very small —hard to get in and out of shower

STAFF AT DINER AND BREAKFAST WAS GREAT , SO WAS THE FOOD

Style

Beautiful city. Comfortable hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Very big

Great bed and room. Convenient to train station. Lovely view from our room

Fair

Bath room To small Mismanagemenr

Lication Size of the hotel

Not a good place to stay for that expensive

The staff

Not a good place to stay for that expensive

The location n cleaniness.
    • Fairmont Double Room with View

The noise from the terrace cos of summer mlusic program Have to check the bill carefully

The location n cleaniness.