Reviews of The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver 4 stars

5.6

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Devine hotel
    • Fairmont Gold Room with King Bed

There was nothing not to like

I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. Everything was excellent- from the comfortable bed, the superb shower and the fantastic staff.

Excellent service standards exceeded

No refrigerator in room for all our leftovers.

I like the attentiveness of the employees. I got a text to check in on how we were being taken care of. I loved how close we were close to everything we wanted in town.

Staff was friendly.
    • Fairmont Gallery Queen with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like that the staff didn't give me enough info of the hotel. For instance, they didn't let know how to work the elevator to go to my room. I was told by another person. They also didn't let me know about the mini fridge in the room or let me know if I needed anything to let them know, like the microwave I asked for but on my second day. It would have been nice on my first day. They need to treat every person like if it were their first time. Don't short change your service.

Staff was friendly. The hotel was well kept.

Staff were so welcoming and seemed genuinely friendly.
    • Fairmont Queen

Staff were so welcoming and seemed genuinely friendly. Most workers in hospitality in Vancouver come across very fake. Your staff seemed genuine and overall lovely! Particularly the concierge, chamber maids and guy who brought my suitcases to the room!

Great Location
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom was very small for two people and could use updating. The beds squeaked. The cleaning people were very noisy at 8:15 in the morning.

Excellent Location! Friendly Staff.

Through the Booking.
    • Junior Suite King

The beautiful upgraded room was still a room from a hotel built long ago. More plugs to plug in our stuff would have been great! (And that's it. Everything else was FANTASTIC.)

Through the Booking.com interface, we indicated that our visit to the Hotel Vancouver was for the first day of our honeymoon. We were greeted at the front desk by a heartfelt congratulations and were told of the gestures the hotel took: A beautiful upgraded room and access to Fairmont Gold. We went for an afternoon walk and returned to a wonderful additional gift. If you have a special occasion, celebrate it at the Hotel Vancouver -- this was a top-shelf experience.

Great dining in onsite restaurant, excellent experience except for awkward bathroom arrangement.

We were in a deluxe king room on the 11th floor which was lovely and spacious, except the bathroom set up was just awkward and unpleasant for a female putting on makeup or drying hair. There was inadequate bathroom counter space, the makeup mirror pulled out over the toilet, and the electrical outlet also was on the wall next to the toilet, so it was just an unexpected unpleasant thing to deal with trying to get ready to go anywhere. There was ample space in the far corner of the room that had a bench seat in it, and I wondered why they didn't at least set up a dressing table with a makeup mirror and good lighting there and have a plug in there for the dryer. Maybe I was the first female to stay in that room, but it made no sense and for the amount of money we paid per night I did not anticipate standing over the toilet to dry my hair or apply makeup.

Elegant hotel with pleasant and helpful staff. Beautiful indoor pool area with warm pool for relaxing swim. Nice gym and locker room. Excellent onsite upscale restaurant that exceeded our expectations for a romantic dinner experience and amazing meal.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great hotel but beware of taxes in the final bill
    • Fairmont Queen

It is an older hotel which makes the bathrooms on the smaller size and they don't have a fan. But that's just being picky. Taxes should be included in the price especially since the 3 taxes add over 17% to the final bill. Why do Canadian hotels not follow the trend elsewhere in the world and include taxes in their price? The reception staff is OK: not like a lot of hotels we stay at where they really make you feel welcomed.

The room was fairly quiet and the beds were comfortable. Having a fridge was nice, as was the coffee machine in the room. Great location, minutes from the airport skytrain and walking distance to everywhere downtown. Concierge staff is great, knowledgeable and helpful.

The location is excellent.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff were so incredibly rude and terrible. The room was tiny with a window that didn’t open, dated furnishing, poor lighting and oversized furniture. I’ve stayed in a top floor suite before which was lovely, but this time booked a normal double queen room for $450 and it was the biggest waste of money! Book a modern hotel near the water instead for $100 less. This place is so historic but the rooms lack any historic features and just feels old and sad! The pool was so chemically we only lasted 5 minutes in it! The restaurant waitress was actually the worst i’ve ever come across. Wanted to bite my head off for requesting sugar with my coffee. I would never stay here again!

The location is excellent. The historic building is unique and beautiful from the outside.

Nice stay overall.
    • Fairmont Gallery Queen with Two Queen Beds

Staf was in general very neutral and not very friendly (mostly the front desk, the concierge and bell hops give you very little time). Expensive breakfast.

Location, comfort and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

In short, hard product is solid, soft one not so much.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I was booked in a superior room, kind of a suite, and was surprised that for the price I paid breakfast was not included. It felt like flying in business class while the airline still charges you for everything it possibly can. Besides paying for a better room, the hotel did not offer anything else to make your stay great. Internet is another issue. They don't give you the access code but they force you to either become an Accor member or to pay from your own pocket. I became a member but the new system they were using couldn't process me as there was some sort of an issue. After 24 hours of using my roaming internet for work, they decided to give me the code. Staff is an absolute hit or miss. Some are truly great while some are disastrous. I was having a business lunch in the hotel restaurant so this waitress comes over, takes my partner's soup before he finished it and asks us if we want anything else. We said nothing for the moment so she brings us the bill without us asking for it. Not only that, within a time difference of some ten minutes she came twice to check if we paid. It felt as if we were being chased out just because her shift was finishing. It created a totally awkward situation. I paid so she would leave us alone. Later on I came back because I forgot to take the bill so her colleague Matt bent over backwards to find it for me. He was extremely polite, courteous and devoted which was totally different from his colleague. Fairmont should definitely reward him for his commitment to the guests in the hotel. The day before, I had another business meeting in the hotel restaurant/bar and we experienced the same situation with the bill. If you are having an important meeting make sure you are prepared for this. It can actually derail the whole business meeting as the other person might feel as it's time to leave. Reception is another place where it's hit or miss. Some are great while some are not.

The best thing about this hotel was its location. Everything is close to it and there are many shops all around it. Hotel itself is really pretty and very clean. Another benefit is that the hotel has 4 exits so you don't have to go around as is the case with most hotels around the world.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Not impressed. View not great and bathroom was ridiculously small, but closet was huge??? Why??

Bathroom was tiny!! Beds were not comfortable and really boring at night. We walked a long way to Gastown for dinner and pretty far from Stanley Park and the train station. Staff was very friendly but King Gold room was too hot.

Great shopping location.

Good Stay
    • Fairmont One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

Our coffee was never replenished by housekeeping. We had to keep on asking each morning. When we called room service it always took ages. We were extremely jet lagged. All we wanted was coffee! Rooms a little outdated.

The location was perfect, very central. The indoor pool facility and shower area was fantastic. There was a lady at the conceirge and she was magnificent.

Very pleasant staff!

Very pleasant staff! So very helpful in every way! Loved the turndown at night! We had a little trouble with our tv and got a new room! All of our luggage was moved! Excellent service, great location. Everything in walking distance.

Highly recommended hotel.
    • Fairmont Gallery Queen with Two Queen Beds

The valet parking is a bit expensive but probably reasonable in a city like Vancouver.

Highly recommended hotel. It is in a great location, super comfortable beds, clean and friendly staff.

Excellent service ..lovely hotel that has been renovated
    • Junior Suite King

The room was a little cool...no heating in room joust cooling in the summer, but can get chilly at night

The breakfast on 9 th floor was very intimate and excellent

Great beautiful
    • Fairmont Queen

The corridor to the rooms look to old and the doors look too cheap beacuse of the diferent colors between the frame and the door

Bathroom a little small and would be great to power Off all lighting from the table bed Also find unuseful that they leave the tv on all day and lighting

Would highly recommend to others beautiful hotel.
    • Fairmont Gallery King

Other guest having consideration for others who are sleeping.

Beautiful hotel, central location. Staff were fantastic very helpful, only thing I could complain about was the fact that we were woke at 6am in the morning because other guests had no consideration for other people as they were slamming doors at 6am. Apart from that our room was beautiful and everything was fantastic.

The ground floor has been renovated and nice but the floors...
    • Fairmont Queen

There was a mouse in our room. Staff took it as a routine call and didnt do too much effort to move us to another room.

The ground floor has been renovated and nice but the floors old and crummy

The location is good and the staffs are friendly
    • Fairmont Queen

There are no ready toiletries

The staff are very helpful and friendly. Special compliments to the conceige, Mr David who is very patient and professional.

Kept well, clean and a convenient location.
    • Fairmont Gold Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms were small. The suite was nice ( in laws got upgraded because they messed up twice in the room arrangement.)no compensation for the mess up in which strangers were handed cards to room that were considered "available" ... they were walked in on...Twice! Wtf. First time here, and it already seemed like the security feels a bit lack up at the front desk. The hours for breakfast could be open earlier on the weekend The pool area looked better in pictures. Didn't swim. The hot sauna was more like... Luke sauna. Clean area overall. 🍁Overall❤️... Eh...5+

Kept well, clean and a convenient location. Valet was exceptional and the service was excellent. Checking in was easy and efficient. Staff overall was very nice, well kept and exceptional in service on the gold level. Loved the food selection, teas, yummy desserts and drink selection... For after hours, you could have an area that's always open with a smaller selection of stuff.

I love the greeter dogs that work at the hotel- they are so...
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

I love the greeter dogs that work at the hotel- they are so sweet and I love the warm welcome I always get from them (and the humans too). Lovely property, great location. I stay here every time I’m in Vancouver

The beds were comfy and the room had a great view.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

No hot tub, unfortunately.

The beds were comfy and the room had a great view. But the best amenity was the health club - great sun room for the pool and excellent change rooms. The location is close to everything (train routes, bus routes, restaurants, art gallery, cafes, etc).

Maybe walk-through to search for the hotel history, before Fairmont turned it into low end
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Customer service was horrible, loud banging noises, hammering, drilling, all morning and into the evening. We had "high" tea, but it was moved to the basement or storage room of the restaurant. There were no windows at all, of course, nothing to view except dorky posters. The food was like cafeteria food and the décor was tacky/ghetto with strung wired lights along the walls, supposed to be a movie theme, but you can tell they did not have enough budget to make the basement or storage room. Of course they still charge $65 per person.

Location to other areas and restaurants

We shall return

Breakfast a little disappointing. A hotel of your standard should have freshly pressed orange juice.

Very stylish, very comfortable with a very relaxing atmosphere. Helpful and pleasant staff.

It was fine.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was too hot, hair dryer was old and not working properly, coffee service in room was poor quality, refrigerator was not usable for personal items.

Location, room was quiet

comfortable
    • Fairmont Gallery Queen with Two Queen Beds

and wifi is so expensive and advice is free.

location is very good for shopping and trip. service is very good and the dog is very cute and lovely. location is convinnice for everything. pacific shoping centre is closed and the sky train is next the 50m.

very good locations , very nice hospitality and nice heated...
    • Fairmont Gold Room with Two Queen Beds

no omelette or fried egg ( only boiled egg) on Gold/ Club floor breakfast setting. and all wines need to be charged in Gold / Club floor . I think most other hotels don't or at lease can allow 1-2 free alcoholic drinks.

very good locations , very nice hospitality and nice heated swimming pool and gym .

For the same price and location wise Four Season would be a much better choice.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms are very old and outdated. We booked 3 rooms; bathroom was very smelly in one room (sewage smelling) and the other room’s window couldn’t close completely - it got really chilly at nigh. It was just not 5 star quality.

Great location and the restaurant notch 8 was superb. Staffs were friendly.

Incredible stay on the gold floor!!!
    • Fairmont Gold Room with King Bed

Nothing😀

Was amazing stay. Most attentive staff and fabulous amenities. We stayed on the gold floor and received the best service from attentive staff we have ever had at a hotel. I can't rate this stay high enough. All the extras included in the gold level are so worth it from the staff to the afternoon tea, canapés, desserts and breakfast all at no extra cost. The bed, linen, pillows and personalised toiletries were devine Amazing!!!

The porters at the entrance where wonderful and so friendly. It is a pity the receptionist was rude.
    • Fairmont King Room

The fact that your swimming pool was not accessible and it did not say this on your web site. This was very important as it was a get away for a young lady with multiple disabilities and she had saved for this. When my daughter talked to the receptionist about this while checking out she was very rude. Told her that the hotel did not have to be accessible. Also scolded my daughter for using the snack fridge to store her sisters medication.

The hotel was lovely and the location was good. Afternoon tea was terrible for the price.
    • Fairmont Gallery Queen with Two Queen Beds

Afternoon tea at Notch 8 which we booked through the hotel for the price was not good. The service was sub-par they just put the afternoon tray in front of us with no explanation as to what we were being served. The menu was in front of us for us to figure it out. For the price the experience should be part of the service. Very poor.

Great hotel after its refurbishment, but miss the nostalgia of the old decor

See above.

Refurbishment has made the hotel more workable and better for most guests. For me I enjoyed the nostalgic feel of the old hotel more, and it was the attraction for me staying there. Used the fitness room and found ti good. Couldn't find a whirlpool but the sauna and pool were excellent. Business centre out of step with other hotels by charging small amounts, $5 for 10 minutes or something. Seems a stingy approach for people paying several hundred dollars a night. New restaurant/bar works brilliantly and very popular despite my misgivings that it has come at the cost of the old era decor.

Good...but prefer higher floor
    • Fairmont One-Bedroom King Suite

Housekeeping..on the signal for make up room around 2pm came back late in the pm still havnt make the room...have to call up for make room...when they did its in a hurry can tell from the tell tale signs

Notch 8

Family vacation
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

The main entrance was the only entrance we could use as we had a stroller. The other 3 have stairs. The main entrance does not have a proper sidewalk, so we had to weave between cars/taxis with the stroller to get in

Disappointing!
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

The hairdryer was in two pieces, and a fire hazard. We were given dirty linen. The accommodation booking was for two people, yet only one bath robe. We checked in having just been skiing and had to sit in our room in cold wet ski gear for 20 minutes before the bags were brought up. Would have been quicker doing it ourselves. Had to wait 10 minutes for someone to check us in. When our bags were finally brought up, staff offered to show us around the room - whilst I was in the toilet. I expected more from somewhere with such a reputation. Not worth the money I spent treating a friend. Disappointing to say the least. The view from the room was great however and we were really close to all we needed on the city.

We had a nice time visiting Vancouver and this hotel location was awesome.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Rude staff when calling the front desk (every time). Noise from the hallway and adjacent rooms. No hot tub as was advertised on website.

Cookies and milk for the kids. Location. Historic building.

This is the second time we have stayed here. We will definitely visit again!
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

This Fairmont property is in the heart of downtown Vancouver. Shopping and dining are easily accessible by foot. The hotel is lovely with comfy beds all ready for a great nights stay.

Nice stay at a classic hotel

Bathroom was very large but shower was worst part of room. Bad controls and little water pressure. An old hotel but still, a bit disappointing. Doormen were helpful but disappeared when we came to claim our bags after a bit of shopping. 5+ minute wait for anyone to help us

Nicely appointed, clean room was big as were halls and other spaces in hotel. Bed was large but mattress very soft; too soft for my liking. Check-staff were friendly, if a bit rushed.

Convenient
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Worst sound insulation ever. I can hear every word my neighbor said although they talk in a normal level volume. The best thing is that they didn’t have sex that night, or I will be crazy.

Convenient

The hotel was beautiful, rooms were clean and the staff was...
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Only complaint is that you're paying nearly $300 per night for one room already and then they charge you $15 for wifi. Just seems a little odd- should just be an open network for the guests.

The hotel was beautiful, rooms were clean and the staff was great! Great location as well, and the restaurant downstairs served good drinks.

The Gold Level has an extraordinary level of food service...
    • Fairmont Gold Room with Two Queen Beds

The Gold Level has an extraordinary level of food service and staff. Really beyond expectations. We received very good restaurant recommendations, including the Indian place across the street, Salam Bombay, the best meal of our trip.

I received an upgrade to Fairmont Gold and it has been a...
    • Fairmont King Room

I received an upgrade to Fairmont Gold and it has been a total treat. Personal concierge, a lounge only for the Gold floor open all day with drinks, food, places to stay and read. Amazing experience!

Overall it's a very nice hotel.
    • Fairmont Queen

There was no hot tub in the pool area. Disappointed as I thought there would be one. Other guests said the same. There were no robes in our room so we called and asked for some. It was no problem but there was a pill on the carpet and thread etc like the room wasn't vaccumed very well. It was ok but I've stayed in nicer places for the amount of money they charge I expected better.

The room and view we're excellent.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk was understaffed for check in and check out. The room was too warm even with the thermostat turned down.

The room and view we're excellent.

Could have been better.
    • Junior Suite King

We had to wait a couple hours after 4PM to Check in becuase tbe front desk said there was a crib that had to be removed from our room. Upon arriving in the room, said crib was still there.

A little slice of heaven in Downtown Vancouver
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Guests have to pay for Wifi

I absolutely loved staying at the Fairmont. The grounds were stunning, everything was pristine. The rooms were cozy and the beds were super comfortable. The highlight for me was the availability of a vegan dining option from room service. They offered the most delicious vegan cheese as a pizza topping! I have yet to see this at another hotel and I travel often. This hotel was a nice escape from the noise of downtown Vancouver. The building is gorgeous and I highly recommend it to other travelers.

Unforgetable for the bad reasons.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Long wait for check in as there was only one person at the front desk. Bed had bedbugs as we scratched ourselves all over. Parking on site costs 60$ (selfparking) when you can park at the exact parking for 40$ if you just pay at the mechin. Found that a 3 star hotel 10 minutes drive from the city is much better.

All in all, it was a lovely stay in this hotel with a minor "wrongful billing incident"
    • Fairmont One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

We were surprised that somebody was inside the room when we entered. It was one of the staff , checking or fixing something near the TV. She was very courteous but I feel that there should be a warning that somebody is going to enter the room before we arrived at our room. Also, I was charged with a lager drink that I did not consume. I complained at the front desk and I was told that it will be credited back to my account. However, these mistakes should be avoided considering that there was already a staff who checked the refrigerator upon billing and before charging me with the drink.

Perfect location, classy and clean.

I love the hotel and it’s location
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like that they no longer have a hot tub, the noise from the Reno’s and there were some issues with my room

When I had issues with the room the staff was amazing at fixing the problem

I would have given this hotel a much better score had the price been a bit lower.
    • Fairmont King Room

No free WiFi and a surprise fee for parking made it seem like a bait and switch deal. Most hotels these days have free WiFi. This was really the biggest issue as we are both full time students and couldn’t complete our assignments while traveling.

Location and staff, size of the room and quality of bathroom

The room service starts cleaning the rooms pretty early in...

The room service starts cleaning the rooms pretty early in the morning. Even if you ask them to not disturb sometimes the noise they make in the corridors is enough to wake you up. There is no free wifi. The room temperature could not be regulated by the client, and it was a bit cooler than my preference. There is no room in the refrigerator to place any personal items.

Great experience, espeicially the friendly staff. Will definately come back again.
    • Fairmont Gallery King

Only thing I didn't like were the old cushions in our room. They had a bit of a musky old smell to them. Apart from that everything was excellent!

I liked the front desk staff the most. All staff provided excellent service (we also stayed at the Fairmont in Quebec and the staff was equally as helpful and polite). When we checked in my wife only happened to mention we were on our honeymoon and I could see the front desk staff (David) jotting down some notes. We went to the hotel room to drop off our bags then went out to return our rental car. We were not gone for more than 2 hours, upon returning we saw a lovely card and a complementary cake congratulating us on our Honeymoon. This was an excellent touch which makes my wife and I want to stick with the Fairmont group for all our vacations.

Overpriced and very dissapointing.
    • Fairmont One-Bedroom King Suite

Incredibly overpriced at $ 680USD/ night !! poor facilities, bathroom was tiny and awkward, shower was difficult to use as shower head was never secure "city view" was another room' window, no shuttle from to airport, absolutely nothing included (no internet, no breakfast etc etc)

Staff was very professional and kind! Close to all amenities Downtown! Parking was pricey!
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking was very expensive, $44.00 for a night made it a bit pricey! If they had their own parking facility that was included in the price of the hotel I would stay here in a heart beat!

I loved the fairmont! It was beautiful and very clean! The room was older style but HUGE and SO clean! I would definitely consider staying here again.

They have hand-held shower heads
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Tub plumbing did not work properly, no tub mat for slick tub, tub resurfacing was peeling off, sink would not drain, toilet did not flush completely, walls were a dismal nauseous taupe, no mirrors or wall decor other than in bathroom, door security lock was dangling by one screw, bedside lamp would not work

They have hand-held shower heads

Beautifully newly renovated room.

Nothing not to like.

Beautifully newly renovated room. Excellent breakfast buffet. Excellent staff at all levels providing first class service. Fabulous location near everything, including train service to the airport.

Pure luxury. Thank you Fairmont team - in particular Level 9 staff!
    • Fairmont Gold Grand King

There is nothing to report in this area - we encountered no lapses in service or comfort.

Stayed on the Gold Level - 9. Absolutely everything is setup to ensure you have a comfortable stay; Level 9 has its own breakfast/breakout room that is available for your included room costs and it is open for serving afternoon tea and late night supper, and of course this is also included in your room costs. Level 9 offers its own separate Concierge check-in and check-out service. We cannot say enough about the wonderful service provided by the hotel and staff.

Brilliant stay and excellant location.

The service and location of this hotel were excellent. The staff could not do enough to help us and we also received a free upgrade as part of our stay. Some floors are still being refurbished, however we stayed in the old part and it was still very comfortably, clean and inviting. The hotel was right in the centre and close to everything especially the Vancouver Art Gallery that is right on the door step. Highly recommended and would stay again.

Totally worthy every cent.
    • Fairmont Gold Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff were unbelievably great. So accommodating. They did everything they could to make us feel comfortable. The location is fantastic... central to everything.

Drilling and hammering started on a holiday morning.
    • Fairmont One-Bedroom Suite with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like waking up to Extremely Loud Drilling and pounding from construction going on daily. The construction work was so loud that it shook walls on both sides of the room.

I like the fact that it was centrally located amongst all activities.

It was a fine stay. It just wasn't worth the price tag.

The plumbing in this old building was loud enough to wake us up. The walls are paper thin. We could listen to the conversation next door clearly.

The bed was ridiculously comfortable.

I had booked the best hotel I thought for my girl friend the hotel was a disasapointment
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel floor above was under renovation The bathroom sink was leaking the towel bar fell to the floor poorly installled The price for the room was very high for the quality

Friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

The poor sound insulation! The oldfashioned flushing system of the toilets made a terrible noise in my room when the neighbor flushed the toilet!! If you want to sleep, remember to take your ear plugs with you!!!

Friendly staff.

Our stay at the fairmont exceeded our expectations.
    • Fairmont Gold Room with Two Queen Beds

Our stay at the fairmont exceeded our expectations. In particular the staff were very attentive and helpful. A lovely place to stay if you are looking for elegance and style

Mediocre
    • Fairmont Gallery King

The room was very dated; masculine looking. The staff didn't have it together, not enough available. The room was a suite, but was two rooms thrown together and not decorated properly. The bathroom was teeny considering the size of the room. The bed was comfortable.

The Concierge and the lobby.

Hotel non adeguato al prezzo richiesto
    • Fairmont Gallery King

The queue for the bkfst in the morning ar the restaurant is ridicolous....!!bad organized , in any case never wait more of 2 nts for take a bkfst in all hotels ..., the hostess has been at low profile giving answer not in line with the usual standard " you have to come before.."

Service at the bar rest X dinner e aperitiv (Mrs Kristina)

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Fairmont King Room

Always long queue at front desk. A low efficiency receptionist who couldn't even manage to fake a smile well, finally assigned me a wrong room, and causing my luggage's absent til 10 pm. Another receptionist provided wrong information about receipt when I check out.

Beautiful hotel - great location

I have no complaints or dislikes.

Unfortunately I became ill on the trip and literally spent most of it in bed. The room was luxurious and I was able to rest and recuperate in a lovely room. Not how I wanted to spend my time there, but glad I was at such a nice hotel.

Old world charmer.....
    • Fairmont King Room

The fact that you have to pay for Internet at a very expensive hotel and there was nothing complimentary in the rooms. The water was not so nice making the awful coffee worse than usual.

The size of the rooms and the bathrobes.

Very clean comfortable hotel in a great location. Classy staff.
    • Fairmont Room with Two Queen Beds

Elevators were not very reliable, problems reading room card to be able to move elevator. We didn't like that as soon as a can was removed from fridge we were automatically charged. We needed space in fridge for our food so we removed most of the cans. We found out later that incurred a $200. charge which thankfully was reversed when we explained situation. All cans were returned to fridge before we checked out. That was where Teresa helped us.

We all found the bed incredibly comfortable. Staff at check in and check out were very friendly. The hotel phone operator (Teresa) was amazing. Great location, handy to skytrain.

Great room although expensive, made more so by additional fees for parking and breakfast.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

To get to the side streets for parking is awkward, unless you know they are one way streets. Paying additional fee for parking and breakfast made the room even more expensive. The reception area is L shaped and not as grand as some of the other big name hotels out there. It is an incredibly expensive place to stay.

The beds were so comfortable. Great view from the room, and spacious for two queen beds. The buffet breakfast and restaurant were amazing.

The staff were excellent and a very relaxing time in complete comfort Perfect end to our holiday
    • Fairmont Queen

When booking this hotel ol booking.com web site we were told breakfast was included but when we went for breakfast we were told it wasn't included This was apparently wrong information from booking.com We were left very embarrassed by this information but the staff at the fairmont were very understanding and gave us free vouchers for the buffet breakfast This sort off information by the website needs to be more careful and exact so travellers arnt leftin our position

Traditional or classic styling doesn't just mean old.

Room styling is extremely dated. Even though I was "upgraded" to gold class, the carpet, paint, furniture, bathrooms hadn't been updated in 30 years.

Bedsheets

Fairmount Vancouver

They didn't clean the room once over the three nights. They left a note under the Door saying that they were not cleaning because of the do not disturb sign. (Or as they put it, red light) we didn't use the do not disturb at all!!

The location was great, easy access to everywhere. The staff were friendly.