Reviews of Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport 4 stars

#89 of 134 hotels in Montréal

3.5
    Smoking hotel
    • Executive King Room

There were weddings all weekends and people were smoking outside the doors and there were smoke smells all inside the hotel and with a child with asthma this was a huge problem for us

Not so happy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is really old, hallway to our room has this fusty smells. Bed and sheets seems like not really washed, we were all itching the whole time we lay on the bed. Bathroom same not so clean looking.

Parking is really okey. Gabriel at the front desk was nice and helpful.

Correct, but not enough for the price
    • Queen Room

The bathroom is small and not renovated, (although everything is clean). But you expect something more new for this kind of hotel and price. The floor where I stayed was in renovation too.

The service at the restaurant & breakfast and help at the reception.

Our stay was very nice as always!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool wasnt available for the full day off😞 that we had for our stay. Elevators took long sometimes. Also we were there for family function and would be nice to have place to sit outside. To sit and have a coffee and talk area.. But very nice gentleman from front reception brought chairs outside for us to sit and chat☺in the patio area.

Friendly staff. Comfortable beds. Needed maintenance for clogged shower. This was done quickly. Pretty happy overall. 3rd stay there for family occasion☺.

Hotel room was perfect and cozy...fees not worth it
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Price advertised and booked through booking.com was not what final bill came out to.Bill came out to almost $30 more once all the extra taxes were added.Hst was included in the original final amount of $139. Being from out of town,I should've been told of all the extra charges.Hotel concierge did not offer any discounts/credit.If I would've known,I would've booked at another hotel at a better rate for an extra 10 minute drive.Not a happy customer.

Bed comfortable

The Crowne Plaza Hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was good, Excellent location of the hotel near to the airport. the room was very comfy, Good food and good hospitality the reception staff specially Gabriel was very helpful, the kids enjoyed the swimming pool the slide was amazing... it was a great experience arranged by the hotel. I recommend this hotel to everyone, who is looking for a good stay, good food and great hospitality.

Was teetering on ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a giant bag of garbage in the hallway outside our door for the two days we were there and an incessant banging in the wall that woke us up periodically throughout the night and when reported to the staff he gave us attitude for not having gotten out of bed at 2 am to let him know. The airport shuttle was fine on the way there, on the way back from the airport the same staff that gave us attitude before gave us attitude for not being at the right gate even though he wasn’t entirely sure which gate was right. Also the curtains don’t cover the entire window so the sun comes in on your face in the morning which can be a problem when you traveled overnight.

The pillows are comfortable, room is ok.

front desk people were very nice !
    • Standard Room

I thought for the price I paid for a six hour stay , the breakfast or at least a bagel would have been included,, and one of my egg yolks was broken,,, how hard is it to make eggs correctly??????????????? pretty hard apparently ! I ordered over easy not over broken! . Also some staff expected to be tipped ,,, made me feel like I was still in Cuba ,shame on you !

The shuttle driver was very nice and took us to the...
    • Standard Room

The buffet was not exceptional for the price.

The shuttle driver was very nice and took us to the restaurant we wanted and offered to pick us up at the end of his shift.

not going back
    • Standard Room

hot water did not work in the shower. the room attendant did not stock shampoo, 2 conditioners. there was a couple of hairs on the bathroom floor which clearly were not mine. I have white hair, these were black.

The hotel is somewhat shabby while the ground floor is overrun with event and party visitors
    • Standard Room

Air conditioning did not work, after a call to management, a technician came and proceeded to remove a filthy clogged filter from the wall unit which he then took with him to clean elsewhere. Mattresses were old and sagging and the room had the cheapest floating floor at the entrance making me wonder where else did management cut corners to save a dollar?

Excellent room service, quiet/calm atmosphere.
    • Executive King Room

No hot tub, pool was cold. Reception phone is muffled when calling to lobby.

Excellent room service, quiet/calm atmosphere. Near airport. Curtosy shuttle and airport shuttle were great.

There were 2 weddings and the restaurant was temporarily...

There were 2 weddings and the restaurant was temporarily moved to the hallway. This was not an appropriate place to eat. It was noisy and not private.

Great hotel but too far out of town
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location, it's not that near to the airport but too far out of the city.

Breakfast was fantastic - a great start to a Canadian trip. Pool was big and slide popular with kids. Price was good. Free transfer from airport was handy after a long flight (but a taxi would have bee quicker).

a complete waste of my weekend.
    • Standard Room

They over booked, didn't have the room we requested, at least that was their excuse for about an hour. Some how a miracle happened a room with 2 double beds, was suddenly available. That room had ant's crawling all over. They ran out of towels the 2nd day we were there and the pool area had a staff member who didn't know the Hotel had a sauna. Front Desk had 1 great staff member Kevin. Breakfast selection was pathetic, the staff were over worked, because they had 3 weddings over 2 days. Which is why non-wedding guests at the hotel, were treated as 2nd class. We will never go there again....not worth the time or $.

Everything was perfect!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was perfect!There wasn't any supprise when I arrived.I have seen exactly what I saw behind the screen. The staffs were awesome ,they welcomed my friend and I cordially. I received great services from all departments except one of them. I don't have any regret that I chose Crown plaza. I will definitely recommend crown to my friends,family...I named it all 😄😄.

Love the staff
    • Queen Room

Gift shop was not open on a Tuesday at all. But other than that everything was great

Love the staff Jason at front desk and especially Theresa in the bar !! Pool was refreshing, food was great (excellent portions)

Valuable stay near the airport
    • Standard Room

I was disappointed with bathroom tgat looked very old with visibly repaird bathtube which was quite low and small and missing shower gel, only soap which is not comfortable for use for shower

Perfect location near by the airport, huge room with comfortable bed and amazing food and fast room service

The staff was overall kind, they brought us whatever we...
    • Executive King Room

The rooms were very small for the price we paid and it was far away from any and all activities

The staff was overall kind, they brought us whatever we needed

Very nice hotel. Room a bit small but location was great
    • Standard Room

My hotel room was beside the elevator and I was not able to sleep well due to the noise. I was not aware that complimentary Breakfast was only for adults and we had to be pay for kids.

I was truly happy to see how clean this hotel was. Staff at front desk spoke English and provided friendly service.

• Standard Room

I lost my new mobilphon headset in the room.and during my staying and sleeping what happened next morning I found my new phone already working with voice service handicap and found small chip inside my mobile.terrible.i don't mind recommend any people.

I booked a Room with 2 double beds for 2 adult & 2 kids,...
    • Standard Room

I booked a Room with 2 double beds for 2 adult & 2 kids, when I checked in the room was not available and they says ( sold out ) and they gave me a one bed king size..!! I have a confirmed booking for 2 double bed but they did not honored my reservation.

Close to the airport.

Close to the airport. Bus stop right outside that will take you into town or to the metro which is 5 mins away. They pick you up and take you to airport for free. Restaurant inside hotel food was very good 👌🏻 staff knowledgeable about the area and gave great advice. Thanks guys!

Cleanliness needs to be improved and housekeeping needs to be improved
    • Executive King Room

The room was not cleaned during our stay. There was water dripping from the ceiling by the air conditioner and the room had a chemical smell. Bed uncomfortable.

The guy at the front desk was helpful telling us about montreal

The location was perfect and the rooms were clean
    • Standard Room

The tv in our room did not work and the maid did not clean Our room or give us new towels the first day we were there.

The location was perfect and the rooms were clean

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Family friendly hotel.
    • Standard Room

The room was not cleaned properly for our Day 2 stay in the Hotel. Some pillows are still on the floor and the blanket was left at the window instead of putting it all back on the bed.

Family friendly hotel. The bed and pillows are great!

GREAT FUN ON THE SLIDE, COMFY BEDS
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

For a 4-star hotel, the coffee was very poor. Our room had a drip machine, not the Keurig, with poor quality, weak coffee. There should be great, delicious local coffee to support small business. Montreal has many roasters. Instead of coffee-mate they should supply creamers in the fridge.

Clean rooms. Room service. The beds and pillows were so comfortable. There's a fridge in every room. Flat screen TV. Parking is free. There's a lifeguard at the pool. We looooved the 120' slide into the pool.

Long Weekend Easter
    • Standard Room

credit card charged an extra $116.54 and the front desk couldn't explain to me why thoroughly. no free continental breakfast. walked in thinking it was included in the bill to then realized i am to be charged $12.50 each person for it. their consent agreement stated there are high possibilities of theft since by a highway and hold no liability on any stolen items.

value was good. clean. and generally friendly area.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Perfect hotel if Wifi was faster!

The one thing that I didn't like was that the WIFI was just way too slow for the price I was paying for the room. I've stayed at cheaper hotels with better Wifi connection.

The room was fine, it seemed a bit dark with the lighting available, maybe brighter bulbs would be nice.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Some good, some bad
    • Executive King Room

Both shuttle drivers (from airport to hotel and hotel to airport) were rude! For this reason, I will not be going back to this hotel.

Staff at the reception and restaurant were very professional and nice. Clean,nice hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Food facilities were near zero for a hotel of this size.
    • Queen Room

Food facilities were near zero for a hotel of this size. BR finished was show but not good- i.e. sink drain would not seal, dirty chair, poor finishing of trim. bed cover was heavy, lumpy.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

A traffic nightmare!!!

it took us over 45 minutes to get to the hotel due to the main highway which led to the hotel being closed.

Wasn't bad once we finally arrived but we were too mad to enjoy it. The front desk staff was very patient, understanding and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

From arrival at the airport the shuttle driver was great.
    • Executive King Room

Nothing in the area to see.

From arrival at the airport the shuttle driver was great. Very informative about how to get around. The staff upon check in were friendly. The room was clean and spacious. Overall great stay.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Front staff was understanding and went the extra mile to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could be a bit more cleaner & could have informed us of the noise that we would experience in the second floor

Front staff was understanding and went the extra mile to help us

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cold Staff and reception ,Cheap breakfast,poor location and it was very interested for me and my family that if you requested something from housekeeping or restaurant YOU SHOULD GO TO THE LOBBY AND TAKE IT yourself instead of them bringing it to your room! EVEN TEA OR WATER!? I never seen in my life this behaviour in FOUR stars hotel.Lastly the WiFi in the room were terrible and had very poor connection when you were connected to the WiFi it kept on getting disconnected.

Nothing...! I will not try this hotel forever.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Great hotel for weekday stays - Do not stay here over a weekend - too many parties
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were many social events (weddings) booked, as a result the noise in the evening was excessive. My second floor room was literally vibrating from the music in the banquet halls downstairs. It was difficult to find parking as well. The staff was helpful and moved us to a room on the 8th floor, farther from the noise. Do not stay at this hotel over a weekend!! Too noisy

Children liked the pool and slide a lot. The bathrooms were very clean.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Worst Experience Ever!!
    • Executive King Room

My family and I were treated very poorly by Crowne Plaza staff and customer service at booking.com. I drove all the way from Connecticut to Montreal to enjoy some family time, and this experience ruined my trip. Sophia at the service desk handed me 2 room keys for my daugther and son-in-law & myself. I was shocked when I found out my room had a queen bed. I paid FULL PRICE for 2 king rooms. I went back downstairs to service desk to complain and Sophia (manager on duty) told me she didn't have any more king rooms, and apologized for not letting us know. We called booking.com, and the agent on the line was very rude to us, and we had to hang up and take matter in our own hands. We got to Montreal very late (after 12am) and we had no choice but sleep in that hotel and complain to upper management in the morning. We didn't get any monetary compensation for this inconvenience, and we declined free breakfast that was offered. I will never used booking.com or stay at Crowne Plaza Montreal.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Staff really nice and polite welcome you with a smile .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff really nice and polite welcome you with a smile . The staff pay attention to your request which is really appreciated. Great place for family. Room overall pretty good and clean. Nice pool area for the kids, they really love it , they couldn't get enough !!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Great service, very friendly staff !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Love this hotel, staff are very friendly and helpful at all times. The pool is great for everyone. My new favourite hotel, I recommend this hotel 100 %

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Great place for (well-behaved) children!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing to do with the hotel but there was a family who stayed on the same floor and allowed their children to run up and down the hallway several times and yell late at night. (We didn't bother to complain because they finally stopped.)

Very friendly staff and the pool with the slide for our granddaughter!

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Comfort and cleanness

Got the wrong room and had to change. Only one elevator was working the whole time. Noise in the hallways over night.

Comfort and cleanness Nice staff

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Worning do not use this hotel
    • Standard Room

Old not clean at all (I had a previous customer used bublgum and nail clipping in the room all week) aircondition was so noisy it could wake you and could not get the room to a normal temp I will never stay with crown plaza agin

Noting

There were lots of ants in the room and bed no bottled water offered hotel was bad
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were bad there were ants in the room and bed Stains in bathroom

Breakfast was good

The toilets were not working very well.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The toilets were not working very well.

Too old and bad smelling
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

AC was loosing water on the wet carpet, old and bad smelling

Airport shuttle

Very good breakfasts.

Very good breakfasts.

The fact that it was the second hottest day of summer a heat...

The fact that it was the second hottest day of summer a heat wave and there pool was closed

Ok hotel, close to airport.

Renovating now, about time. Breakfast buffet not impressive.

Good beds, spacious rooms. Free airport shuttle.

Isolated

It was a little isolated and the free shuttle only ran to 5:30pm

The staff were friendly and helpful

Clean rooms, friendly staff, good restaurant, reliable...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clean rooms, friendly staff, good restaurant, reliable shuttle bus service

Good

There was no whirlpool as stated online.

That is was clean.

Ice machine in the hall was loud.
    • Standard Room

Ice machine in the hall was loud. Long wait for the shuttle, not cool when you arrive at the airport all worn out. The hotel is dated.

Small room

Pool

Bathrooms were a good size and very clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel itself is a bit dated. Beds were squeaky.

Bathrooms were a good size and very clean.

Amazing place for an event.
    • Executive King Room

Amazing place for an event. Very fancy and spacious.

Great but hungry.
    • Standard Room

Had great staff but poor selection on the buffet breakfast for the price.

Dirty and expensive

Dirty and expensive

Great value restaurant

Great value restaurant

Pool area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms need renovating, the bathroom

Pool area

will surely return
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows great for morning pillow fights.

Not worth it

Shuttle to airport.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel was worn and outdated . No micro in room. In general, it seemed shabby, but clean

Shuttle to airport. Friendly staff. Comfortable beds

Pool too cold

Good bed and shower
    • Standard Room

This silly but only bar soap no shower gel -no extra blanket

Good bed and shower

The staff in the bar were very friendly.
    • Standard Room

Very few tables in the restaurant so getting a table wasn't very easy.

The staff in the bar were very friendly.

Enjoy myself . I'm gonna plan to go again . Tell others about the crown plaza

Pool was cold . Has to be heated more . But loved the setting

Uncomfortable

Load next door

The price and noise

The bed

Friendly staff, shuttle to airport is excellent and bed is...

Bathroom needs upgrading and you are now charged for parking.

Friendly staff, shuttle to airport is excellent and bed is comfortable.

Excellent stay

Everything was perfect.

Excellent rooms, good location, good bar and facilities. Lovely Staff

• Standard Room

Too much noise and uncomfortable beds

I didn't like anything about it

The broken window could be fixed not just taped over.
    • Standard Room

The broken window could be fixed not just taped over.

Staff were nice, rooms need more cleaning... our door wasn't working... had to Wait some

Not clean

Pool

I didn't like the smallest room and super slow internet.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the smallest room and super slow internet..