Reviews of Hotel Signature Quebec 4 stars

7900 rue Marigot, G1G 6T8 Quebec City, Canada

#62 of 104 hotels in Quebec City

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Excellent hotel -- clean, comfortable, spacious, friendly staff.
    • Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

The junior suite was very comfortable and spacious, and the staff was very courteous. The meals we had at the restaurant were excellent and room service was also good. Parking is easy and free. Overall, a good hotel within a short drive to the city centre.

An affordable clean hotel with a great location when visiting Quebec City.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Had to ask for wash cloths almost everyday of our 6 day stay.

Very comfortable mattresses. The hot tube which is the size of a small swimming pool was also great after a long day of driving.

Great getaway to see McCartney in Quebec
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Getting a little “shabby”, could use new carpet throughout. Breakfast was ok and expensive.

Great location and access to the freeway and to the concert at the Vedetron. Attached to a golf course, the grounds were very nice.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Tired property with unhelpful staff inconveniently located for Quebec City
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Very unhelpful staff at reception and in restaurant. Hotel advertises a shuttle into Quebec City but had discontinued the service two days earlier. Staff were unable to identify restaurants in the area other than Subway. Room smelt musty but were not offered another room but just a squirt of air freshener. Tired decor - a former Four Points that has obviously not met their franchise requirements. Hotel is supposedly non-smoking but the desk staff were outside smoking by the idle shuttle van. Smelt smoke in the elevator. Breakfast had a laughably minute strip of bacon.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

None.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Rooms looked nowhere like the pictures, carpets were in bad condition, the room was very smelly due to bath curtains, the mattress was sagging and was impossible to sleep (we had a 5 year old who did not sleep a wink). There was blood stains on the bed sheets. We left a day early - we spoke to the check out person who said she would speak with the manager and call us back, I have given it a week now and no response. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Not worth it - very disappointed, don’t get fooled by the price, pay a bit extra and stay closer to the city.

None.

Staff were friendly and accommodating.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

They didn't empty the ice bucket so the water spilled when we took it out to put ice. There are also some torn bath towels.

Staff were friendly and accommodating.

I would recommend this property.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

I wish they had a fridge in the room and a swimming pool.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Daily shuttle bus to the city was a nice touch of convenience.

I did enjoy my stay and would recommend this property.
    • Traditional Queen Room

On my reservation from Booking.com it was printed that Breakfast was $11, Lunch $15 and Dinner $25. Front desk staff knew nothing about this. Waiter did not know either. He had a woman staff member come out and explain that it was only a guideline for pricing. I felt that this was very deceiving. Also the 10PM closing of the hot tub is too early. Should be at least 11PM.

Bed was comfy. Everything was clean! Nice big hot tub and sauna outside - which came in handy after a couple of very busy days exploring Quebec City and hiking Mont St, Anne. Also having a shuttle available to go into the city at no extra charge was a nice plus.

Probably would not stay here again.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Comfortable bed. Hotel was dated, dirty carpeting and the toilet in our room ran constantly. Could not walk to anything, not a great location other than getting to the freeway.

Our stay was everything and more than we expected!
    • King Suite

From our greetings upon arrival, shuttle service to Centerville Quebec, spa facility, massage service, our room and the view to our departure was just fabulous!

I would stay here again and bring my golf clubs.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

We waited 30 minutes for our food which was yoghurt with berries and an assortment of nuts.

The facilities were clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection at the restaurant was great.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Bad service from A to Z

Rude staff : we reserved the wrong date and when we arrived, they simply told us it was yesterday and that we have to pay full price to stay. +300$ where they had any service cost on their side. I would of expect some arrangement, some empathy - nothing - just rude guy at the counter looking at us with the kids. I understand that it is the property decision - here, nothing. We ask 2 other hotels what they do in similar situation : if available, they understand. Stay away because if you have an issue, they provide no solution. An hotel that looks like a junk corner store with chocolate bars, candies and rude staff.

The positive sides are stronger, but it could be better.

Coffee in the room and at the reception could be better. Bathroom should smell better, it is too damply.

The shuttle to QUÉBEC center and the recommendations of the driver for sightseeing and especially for eating. It’s a good deal.

Nice stay in this hotel
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Good hotel, quiet and clean. Nice view over the golf course and extremely friendly hotel employees. Quick and easy drive into the city centre (with the help of the navi).

Location is good .
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Some sort of smell in room,beds are not comfortable. Morning complimentary coffee at front desk out of milk .Ask staff for milk . Instead of to tell some one to provide milk she told that Go to restaurant and get their.

Location is good .outlook good

They don't clean the rooms. Really dirty
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

They did not clean my room for the whole 4 days I stayed. They said that it was out fault and that leaving the room from 8:30 to 14:00 did it give them enough time. A middle manager sent an email 10 days later only when I complained on the web site. They did not apologize, did not make any effort to right the situation and even blamed me for complaining. The staff was nice but the treatment was definitely rude. And our room NEVER got cleaned. I am never going to this hotel ever again.

We got an upgrade to the executive suite.

Overall good.

Reservation/confirmation process "broke down". I needed some particular info from hotel before I arrived and they did not have my confirmation at hand. The Booking.com reference was useless. They told me I had to phone you. I did. You solved the problem but ALERT: Booking rep said error was with hotel - main computer did not communicate with front desk. When I arrived and mentioned it, they blamed Booking.com. Someone is not taking responsibility and this is scary. If I had arrived, I would have had to do this from lobby. I also wasted 45 minutes on a very busy stressful day before travelling to attend a funeral. DO NOT PUBLISH

Nice setting, convenient location for us. Food was good - restaurant service was usually slow.

Bad, never book it again
    • Traditional Queen Room

I did not like it at all, Mattresses are poor quality, pillows are cheap quality, extra bed have thin mattress, there were not enough towels and poor quality of the towels, I asked for fridge, no microwave

I did not like it at all

Very happy to have stayed there. Beautiful view and looking forward to going back.

The exhaust fan in the bathroom. Remove carpet in the room and replace with hard flooring.

The staff I interacted with all seemed very pleasant and happy to be there. I was welcomed with a a warm smile at check-in. The massage received from the spa was excellent! Also, both my child and I enjoyed very much the cold/hot exterior baths! The free shuttle btwn the resort and Old Quebec was perfect. The simplicity when the time came to check-out ended my stay perfectly.

It was great , would go again, also love the golf course behind the property.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The wifi didn't work properly, no small fridge in the room.

Nice and clean, friendly staff, we really appreciate the use of a shuttle to go to Quebec City and back was awesome no need to drive.

Regular rooms are not provided microwave.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

No microwaves in the room or in any common place.

Regular rooms are not provided microwave. No fridge in the room but they would deliver if you ask for one. But no microwave. Families traveling with young kids would need microwave.

They should charge for the breakfast the same price they...
    • Traditional Queen Room

They should charge for the breakfast the same price they Established at Booking.com. The price on Booking was 14 CAD, and they charge 22 CAD. Without warning.

Staff are very nice and helpful.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Would have been nice to have a fridge.

The beds were very comfortable, could have used a med to firm pillow, bathroom room nice and clean and plenty of towels.

Air quality was poor.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Air quality was poor. Rooms had an unpleasant odor to them. Not what you want to encounter for that star hotel. They didn't have any other options when asked. When asked if there was anything they could do to clean the air. They sent someone who spoke no English and therefore could not understand stated concern.

Sheraton will be one of our top choice for hotels on our future travels
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

We didn't have a bad experience but maybe for families who have toddlers, it is better for the lamps to be placed high enough on the wall so they won't reach it. Other than that, we had a very good experience.

The staff were courteous. The place is great. My children loved it so I loved it too.:-)

Comfort and cleanliness was awesome.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Not enough large towels. Coffee in the morning wasn't re-stocked nor was cream/milk...when asked to refill it took a while then the cream was whipping cream not coffee cream. Had to ask the spa attendant to turn on waterfall in the water/sauna/spa area.

Great room

Could be better, cleanliness and staff being friendly
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The room and bathroom was not properly clean, shower head is loose, therefore you have to hold on to the shower head. Front desk are not very helpful

The facility, location and size of the room

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Very, very frustrated when I arrived, as my 5 room...

Very, very frustrated when I arrived, as my 5 room reservation was only a 4 room reservation per the hotel's records!!! Not sure who was at fault, Booking.com or the hotel, but the situation could have been disastrous had there not been another room available for members of our group to use.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

New Years Eve - Girls weekend away in Quebec City
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The snow removal in the front parking spots.

Everything was in close driving distance without having to be in the middle of the city. Hotel was very comfortable and quiet. Nice staff and very helpful. Rooms were clean and very spacious. Loved the spa.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great staff-Comfy Beds
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The shuttle service would've been great, that wasn't said to be seasonal on the website and we kinda banked on that.

Golf course was close and the server in the restaurant was awesome!! The girls downstairs helped us out too as we don't/didn't speak a lo of French.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Clean and quiet--the online info isn't accurate and is misleading --the one staff was a witch with a
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The write up said there would be a Shuttle--none was available. Breakfast was offered in the write up--none available Staff at the desk (first shift) ushered us away when we asked for direction--and said I'd get them latter to City Center--when we finally got them --they were in a book that took 10 seconds to pull from a loose leaf book-- were were put off apparently because they didn't want to spend the 10 seconds to support us.

No flaky bread or rolls--just coffee

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Beautiful and shuttle service

Not very clean

Beautiful and shuttle service

I like the view of the hotel and has Golf course .
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

I like the view of the hotel and has Golf course . Very peaceful and great restaurant and love the staff they are friendly and welcoming.

Best for weddings, golf.
    • Junior Suite with Sofa Bed

Rooms, food, and spa all suited to an adult clientele.

Clean, close to Lac Beauport

There is a shuttle every hour from the hotel to downtown...
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

There is a shuttle every hour from the hotel to downtown Quebec and back, meanwhile the location is close to forests with beautiful view.

Awesome place!
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Awesome place! Will definitely be back

Great time with family!
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Staff was terrific... nice location... shuttle to city... spa facilities were great for kids and adults...will be back in winter.

Great stay with a shuttle every 30 minutes to old Quebec city.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

the breakfest could have been a better value for money.

The place is great for families with the SPA.

Friendly great restaurant excellent food

Frayed bath towels

Friendly great restaurant excellent food

Free shuttle into Quebec City.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Free shuttle into Quebec City. Lovely outdoor fire pit and patio overlooking golf course

Perfect
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The pool, and the change room is not there for us.

Nice hotel. Quiet area

Free shuttle to downtown

Spacius room ,friendly staff
    • Traditional Queen Room

Free shuttle to vieux quebec

Spacius room ,friendly staff

Quiet and Energizing!
    • Traditional Queen Room

There was no mini fridge in the room and the cleanliness was below average.

The heated pool and the free downtown shuttle!

Family friendly.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Could use some more lighting in room.

Country setting hotel in city. Nice pool.

Excellent all around
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

We would have preferred a fridge in the room.

The outdoor seating area, the pool and the bonfire were fabulous.

Bad customer service

Too much to type.

Nice facility

No fridge no microwave weird for family

No fridge no microwave weird for family

Awesome location with nice view and excellent customer service which exceeds expectations.

Ordinary
    • Traditional Queen Room

No breakfast included,price for breakfast very high,no information on service!

Location or

i have been OVER CHARGED and have made a phone call for a...

i have been OVER CHARGED and have made a phone call for a refund, but so far I have not received any reply from them.

Great restaurant and spa

Great location. Minutes from Old Quebec and Val Carrier

Beds were uncomfortable.

Beds were uncomfortable. Too hard

Superb
    • Traditional Queen Room

There are no comments available for this review

It was very comfortable and enjoyable.
    • Traditional Queen Room

The shuttle bus was really helpful to transport people to and from Old Quebec City.

Verry nice place ,, we will come back :)
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

I dont have nothing to say ;)

Verry nice place ,, we will come back :)

Nice property overlooking a golf course.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Nice property overlooking a golf course. Comfortable room and friendly staff

I would recommened it and book there next time
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Staff very friendly and helpful. Food at the restaurant was excellent. Grounds were beautiful.

Had a great experience with my husband , my son and new born baby!👍
    • Traditional Queen Room

I really appreciate the staff courtesy and efficiency

• Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Free shuttle to old Quebec is amazing.. there is a drop off and pick up service every hr.. I do think it's seasonal.

I booked a Suites room for 5 adults and they gave me a room...
    • King Suite

I booked a Suites room for 5 adults and they gave me a room with king bed and sofabed which only 4 people could sleep on it.

Perfect beside the improper bathroom door

Bathroom door

Cleanliness

Comfortable and enjoyable for a short stay
    • Traditional Queen Room

Very close to the highway No space to walk around

Food was very good Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Great location with free shuttle to old Quebec!

Beautiful property!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Good. Love transportation to downtown. But need new carpet and more importantly microwave.

No microwave and need new carpet.

I liked the staff and the Spanish and Jacuzzi.

Above my expectations.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

Comfort of bed. Mattress poor quality for two sleeping

Shuttle to Quebec city. Spa facility. Outdoor sitting areas.

bad experience

Room is not clean, a party is held till 3 am with loud music, such a bad experience!

The building out side

Room facilities could be better for the amount of money they...
    • Traditional Queen Room

Room facilities could be better for the amount of money they charge

Relaxing, efficient

A pool would be nice.

Shuttle service Outstanding

Overall it was good

Bigger pool continental breakfast

Hot and cold pools and the outdoor fire
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

The pools weren't family friendly

Hot and cold pools and the outdoor fire

Not very relaxing

very noisy, smoke from firepit coming in through AC unit, noise from disco, noisy guests on outdoor patio

Beds are comfortable.
    • Traditional Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds

the hotel needs updating. Hot tub is not functional. No pool.

Beds are comfortable. Bathroom is big.

good services

good services

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Ok
    • Traditional Queen Room

Pillows were terrible and there is no mini fridge in the rooms.

Nothing within walking distance. Shuttle available to different areas.