Reviews of Future Inns Halifax Hotel & Conference Centre 3 stars

30 Fairfax Drive, B3S 1P1 Halifax, Canada

#13 of 38 hotels in Halifax

Quick and easy check in/check out, friendly staff, very clean and comfortable rooms. Well worth it!
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing to enter here. It was all great!

Very comfortable beds with very fluffy pillows. Bathroom was very clean and they had a bath mat! No needing to put a towel on the floor! No extra charges for my pet staying with us (YAY!). We were 4 adults sharing a room and it included the free breakfast for all of us. The breakfast was very good and had a very decent portion. Especially the bacon. We all had some left over. The dog really appreciated it!

Not Bad, Not Great..
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Even though it was close by to where we needed to go, the surroundings were rather sparse. It was far away from any touristy spot. Rather pricey for middle of the road accommodations.

Comfy bed, and TV worked. Windows could be opened. Appears to be good for business events. Close to highway 102.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

super modern and clean;
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

I liked the place a lot, and had no complaints about anything.

super modern and clean; well located, good restaurant and (would you believe it?) : happy hour in hotel, with free glass of wine or beer, and snacks.

Friendly staff and convenient location.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

There is no breakfast included or pool. This isn’t a negative as we knew that before booking and it was all good.

Friendly staff and convenient location. Rooms were a bit dated but very clean. Had a great stay.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The room was clean and comfortable
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Security deposit for the room..I believe that this is an unfair practice. The fridge in our room was empty so unclear why we needed to give a $100 deposit for a room with an empty fridge????

Great location but odour was very disappointing
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very bad odour (like B.O.) in the common areas and hallway. Thankfully, the odour did not affect the room itself

Location - hotel handy to everything we wanted to do and see

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Best Hotel Ever
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We liked it all but others may say, "Where's the pool?".

Staff were exceptionally friendly right from first entering the lobby. Requests for additional mug was acted on immediately. Very knowledgeable about directions and what is going on in Halifax. Room had actual mugs for coffee and actual glassware for bathroom water (or a glass of wine). I was able to book the next night lodgings later in the day as we ended up staying two nights. The complimentary breakfast was the best we ever had at any stay ever. Also, a 20% off coupon was provided to the in-house restaurant which had excellent food. All in all the best hotel we have stayed at.

Would check if any Motorcycle events were taking place.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

About 30 LOUD Harley motorcycles outside our window at 6:30 am each morning not what you want when on holidays being awoken at that time of day. Also in no smoking hotel someone on our floor was smoking cigarettes of the tobacco kind and also the marijuana kind. Called the desk but don't think they found the culprits. If I could have found another hotel I would have moved.

Staff was excellent and beds were extra comfy to bad we couldn't enjoy the beds a bit more.# Harley proud.

My stay was very good at meeting all my needs.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

I found hair on the bathroom floor which was not mine. I guess cleaning staff missed it. Other than that all was great.

Hotel lobby very nice. Staff were friendly and helpful. Location was perfect for my requirements.

I will definitely stay again on my next trip to see family.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

That I couldn't stay longer!!!

The facility is first class. From the time you enter to the receptionists, to the room size and decor to cleanliness and I even had a nice chat with cleaning staff. Everything FIRST CLASS> Easy to recommend.

Hotel is comfortable and clean, the restaurant is...
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Two issues with this more modern hotel. First, it's not close to downtown Halifax, but if you have a car, it's quite all right. Second, in the room we were staying in there was no elevator to what is a half floor. There is a handicap elevator there and it was mentioned to us, but for seniors this is problematic when you have to lift heavy suitcase up several stairs.

Hotel is comfortable and clean, the restaurant is satisfactory. Staff were great, and parking and wifi were free. Location good if you didn't need to be downtown.

The room was specifically designed for pets.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was specifically designed for pets. Kennel, food bowls, leash and doggie décor. So nice in support of Nova Scotia SPCA. Provided coupons for restaurant on site

Beds were very comfortable.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

It was so dry in the room, I thought I might spontaneously combust. The decor in the room was a little tired. Get rid of those dark red carpets, get a proper tv stand, put fridge somewhere else other than on the bureau.

Beds were very comfortable.

Good place to stay. Central to the business park area and easy to get to.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was fine for the most part. Took awhile to be waited on at breakfast and a wait for our meal to come to the table. I know the hotel/restaurant was busy so it's understandable. It was just odd that people that arrived after us were getting their orders taken before us and as a result, were receiving their meal before us.

Hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable. I was in Halifax for a conference and didn't spend much time at the hotel but the bed was comfy when I was ready for it. Had a good night's sleep.

Convenient and relaxing - will stay again
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel and rooms are spacious and exceptionally clean. I especially liked the bath with the soaker-style tub. Very comfortable overall. Excellent food and service at the restaurant.

Will probably be back. Have stayed here many times
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Really could not use internet, I guess too many using it

Great central locations for shopping in Chain Lake area and downtown Halifax as well as Dartmouth

May not recommend however affordable for a quick overnight.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Not a good cleaning job. Hairs in the bathroom and not a great vacuum job. Blow dryer was burned out.

The room was adequate for an over night stay after moving our daughter to Halifax. Close to Costco.

Nice rooms, the cleaning ladies were very nice and friendly.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

When we were there we stayed another night and online it said I could have the same price. When I went down and asked if I could book in person or online they told me it will be the same in person. It was not and the charges me more for the room, which was disappointing that a hotel would do this.

Nice rooms, the cleaning ladies were very nice and friendly.

The staff in the adjoining restaurant were not very friendly.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

We were given a voucher by the hotel on arrival for a complimentary drink at the adjoining restaurant however, when we tried to use this at the bar, we felt we were treated like second class citizens.

The beds were comfortable. Good location. Met expectations, there was nothing extraordinary about this facility.

Great stay.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Cannot think of anything that we didn't like.

The hotel was very clean and modern. The bed were comfortable and staff was helpful and friendly. It was about and 15 minute drive to downtown. The restaurant food was very good and you could purchase breakfast for a nominal fee and it was worth the convenience. We ate across the street one morning but it was more cost effective to eat at the hotel.

My room smelled like someone barfed in the heating vent, the pillows stank, towels had hair on them
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My room smelled like someone barfed in the heating system, the pillows stank, and there was hair on the towels. They also didn't offer any other protein besides meat at lunch. When you walked into the restaurant, it smelled of cigarette butts and garbage.

Staff were cheerful but didn't really care when I told them about my concerns.

A comfortable and clean place with easy access to restaurant in area, parking and the highway.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Didnt like the smell of movie theatre popcorn in the lobby. Breakfast at the adjacent restaurant affiliated with the hotel was overpriced, not sure that taking breakfast with the room would have saved us anything.

Easy to get to highway and airport. Generally clean and comfortable, although not a fan of the popcorn in the lobby in evenings. Staff were friendly and helpful.

in a big box shopping district with big chain restaurants
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

very strong pet odours in our wing- i knew it was pet friendly but i didnt expect any problems associated with that-I commented on this on a comment card but never heard back. For 175.00/night it was disappointing-i wont plan on going back there.

in a big box shopping district with big chain restaurants

The Donna the front desk supervisor was extremely friendly...
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

There was computer gliche and our reservation was lost. The hotel was sold out. We were given a meeting room which was set-up as a bedroom. Although we were grateful to have a room, we made our reservation 3 months in advance and would have prefered a room with a bed instead of mattress on the floor.

The Donna the front desk supervisor was extremely friendly and helpful, She went out of her way to find us a room when our reservation was lost due to a computer problem.

The location, everything else was hum drum.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff seemed undertrained and room was a bit dirty (pointed out by my 10yr old) walked through a tunnel under main road to access room and exits were open for anyone to come in all night. But the location was good and we were there for PEI not the hotel

The location, everything else was hum drum.

Good value hotel.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Noisy fan. Room was a bit outdated, but for the price, it is suitable.

Good value hotel. Stayed for one night. Staff was friendly. Short drive to downtown Halifax.

Water in rooms was nice
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast of yogurt and fruit was different on two different days. On one day we paid separately and the second day it was included with the room. It was better when we paid separately.

Water in rooms was nice

Good location if you dont want to travel within the city.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Good location if you dont want to travel within the city. Got a good price thru Booking.com and when we requested the 3rd night at check in , they gave us the same rate. Friendly staff.

The room was very neat and clean.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

The pillow was too high so I slept without pillow. And the soap and shampoo they gave us were so dry (it's better to bring your own if you are gonna stay here.)

The room was very neat and clean. All the staffs were nice and friendly! Free coffee, popcorn and discount coupon for the restaurant Redwood was very good.

Comfortable hotel and good value.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was large. It was quiet except for a little noise from traffic but nothing to worry about. The rooms were well maintained. There was bottled water free. The fridge in the room worked well. There was a petrol station very nearby as well as shopping facilities. It was easy to get around as the hotel was right by the 102 motorway. This hotel is not directly in Halifax but not far. The breakfast in the restaurant was good

Lovely experience staying at the Future Inn!
    • Traditional King Suite

The mattresses could be a bit softer.

I loved the suite with king bed! The bed was a little hard but everything else was great. I would definitely recommend it to others. It was very convenient for the other people in our party who were from out of province and did not know the city.

In the morning on our way to breakfast we stopped at...
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were travelling as a family of 2 adults and 2 children. When we booked on Bookings.com it said that breakfast was included. They give out vouchers at check in for breakfast. At check in the girl at the desk said they only provide two vouchers per room and we would have to pay for the other two breakfasts.

In the morning on our way to breakfast we stopped at reception and mentioned to Nicolle about only having two vouchers for 4 people and she graciously gave us two more.

A pleasant and comfortable stay.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

I was unprepared for the additional $100 to my credit card for "possible" incidentals. As we were just winding up a 2 week vacation, this extra, unexpected, charge to my credit card resulted in an "over the limit" penalty fee of $20 by my credit card provider. I had made a point of ensuring there was enough funds on my credit card to pay the hotel fee - not $100 extra. Of course the $100 was in pending status to be returned to my card when I contacted my cc provider the next day as there were no additional incidentals incurred at the hotel however this bit of unexpected business cost me $20. Not happy about that.

First off I was extremely pleased with the front counter representative who surprised me on arrival by ensuring that our room was clean and available for check in prior to the hotel's check in time. I liked the Keurig coffee machine in the room. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very accommodating and pleasant overall.

Fabulous stay at Future Inns! Clean, comfy and convenient location!
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Free drink at restaurant and 2bottles of water in room and 20% off food we really appreciated. Also 10 bucks for breaky was awesome! Staff was so friendly!

Truly “Hospitality like never before”
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Apparently they wanna lie about whether you can extend your stay in the same room with the same price before you check out. We get kicked out the next day morning. That is real “hospitality like never before”.

Everything else is pretty okay aside from the staffs. The waitress in the restaurant is really nice.

Very clean and quiet.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One night a large tour bus was parked in the lot and took up valuable parking spots as it was Canada day weekend so the inn was very busy. Perhaps a better spot to he allotted for buses would be in order.

Very clean and quiet. The room was very spacious. Liked the breakfast included and coffee and water and fridge in the room. Staff was very friendly and always greeted us when we passed them on our journey through the inn.

Accessible features need to be corrected
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Restaurant - the toast was cold, the tea and coffee weak and the boiled egg was not served in an egg holder. What a mess. The accessible room had medium depth carpet that made wheelchair use difficult. Accessible rooms should have smooth flooring. The door was hard to open and did not have a device to keep it open while entering and leaving, also difficult for someone in a wheelchair.

The location was good, the room clean, the hotel quiet.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Room was a good size.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

The menu didn't have a large selection.The food was good,not great. The price for the room was a little high,but I think I would have got a better price by contacting the hotel directly,rather than booking on-line.

Room was a good size.Beds were comfortable. Bathroom sink didn't drained well.Overall the stay was good.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Nice and comfortable place to stay, very expensive to eat there.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Restaurant very expensive, and small portions. Service was quite slow considering there was only 12 people in a 70 person dining room .

Absolutely wonderful Hotel, with a great location!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

We enjoyed every meal but the chowder was exceptional.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

We enjoyed every meal but the chowder was exceptional. Also found the beds very comfortable and loved the pillows. It was a very welcoming and comfortable hotel and I would have no problem recommending it to family and friends.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Enjoyed my stay
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

The drain in the bathroom sink was not draining properly.

Someone had dropped something off for me at the front desk. The staff took time to put it in my room. Very nice!

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Nice place to stay and would stay again
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was supposed to be on a quiet floor and I was entertained by a fair amount of young people playing tag up and down my hall. Weren't destructive, just loud but they were having fun!

The breakfast was excellent, the beds were comfortable and the company I had with me was great

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

To breakfast or not to breakfast, That is the question.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Requested a room facing out the front ; didn't get it. Always face a discrepancy arriving at the desk from what I thought I was getting online re: breakfast. I order online but at the desk, they say I didn't. I print out the copy from Booking.com which says I did.

Love the comfy beds.

Beds were comfortable.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast not included. Traveling with a child, a pool would have been nice.

Beds were comfortable. Staff were friendly. Nice central location. Plenty of community amenities near by.

When I booked online I put in hotels with pool there was no...
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When I booked online I put in hotels with pool there was no pool.then I asked for cot they said they would bring it up then call there was none so daughter had to sleep on floor. Said free breakfast but it was only for 2 the rest had to pay .and last off the heat in the room went really hot to really cool all night with out even toughing it ....waste of money .the wifi was so slow I had to usemy data.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

There was really nothing we liked.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

The rate.We booked for 4 then cancelled 2. Rate was not changed.Staff was not at all helpful.Said it was not possible to change it.very disappointed there was no breakfast.

There was really nothing we liked.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Snowed In in Halifax at a wonderful Inn.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was very comfortable. The hotel was quiet so it was a very good night's sleep. The staff called me when my dog was barking as they wanted permission to check on him. I really appreciated the extra concern and effort. He was just fine when I returned from shopping and not so lonely.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Always looking out back.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Every time we come, we get a room facing the back and can often hear all the rumblings of running a hotel. Would like to be given a room with a view in the front. We always book in advance too.

Stay here often. Like the beds.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great Stay.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Tried to order room service but got no answer and the mail box was full.

The hotel was conveniently located, the staff were friendly and the on site restaurant had a great menu at decent prices.

Definitely worth a visit they make you feel jome
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

There's nothing I don't love about this hotel it's my favorite around the area!

Super staff, very friendly and always offering to help or if you need anything else. Nice big rooms comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

I didn't like the dirty class in the fridge ,the top of...
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like the dirty class in the fridge ,the top of the shower wasn't cleaned properly & the price of the room was crazy .180 for one night and u look @ other nights and it s like 130-150..

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

very pleasant
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

we found our stay to be perfect-would recomend this hotel and we would stay there again.

the staff was very helpful with directions and any other questions we had

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Enjoyed our Stay at Future Inn, Halifax, NS,
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

No complaints. Really enjoyed our stay!

The room was very comfortable and very clean. We were very impressed with our room, and with our stay. The Redwood Grill restaurant located at this facility, was also very good!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

A Super Place to Stay
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

There was nothing we didn't like!!

Bed & Pillows were super The location was great - we found it close to eateries and gas Nice and quiet Front counter staff were very friendly and inviting

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Price is good for a nice hotel.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

I loved the location. They also have a casual restaurant in the lobby. Food was good. Prices were cheap! Service was great- very friendly and helpful.

We were satisfied and we will surely stay at your hotel at our next visits.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was very good!

I never heard about Future Inns.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

I never heard about Future Inns. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends.

The room is clean and the staff are welcoming

The room is clean and the staff are welcoming

Service was good.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

We don't like the bath soap. We prefer body wash.

Service was good. The room is clean and reasonable size. Good value for money.

Overpriced, but comfortable.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

No breakfast included, should have been for the price!!!! European shower did NOT WORK!!!

Staff was very courteous and helpful.

Excellent location and great value. Would stay there again.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Room size was a little small.

Cleanliness

Bed was very comfy

4 adults in the room but not enough shampoo and soap

Bed was very comfy

A nice stay.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was tasteless. It needed help!

Room was clean and Comfortable. The location was close to activities.

Be nice if breakfast was included.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Be nice if breakfast was included.

Great price and comfortable
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Location was away from city center but easily reached with a car.

Great price and comfortable

Cleanliness and friendliness.

Beds

Cleanliness and friendliness. Beds however were too soft

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Enjoyed our stay very much.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Bed was very comfortable. Redwood grill was excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Rooms were quiet, clean, staff friendly

Rooms were quiet, clean, staff friendly

Free water at desk, free news paper at our door.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We didn't have a car so local buses were a bit far away.

Free water at desk, free news paper at our door. Restaurant on site, friendly staff.

Moving daughter to new home. Overnight rest was super
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff Jessica , Mary went to great lengths to help and restaurant staff was super.

Perfect location
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

It was close to the highway and attractions we wanted to visit.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

very good breakfast friendly staff
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hard to find parking the lot was full .

very good breakfast friendly staff

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Good tv, coffee and fridge

Good tv, coffee and fridge

Excellent location- close to all we needed!
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

the view from our window, a dead tree!

Beds very comfortable.
    • Traditional Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds very comfortable. Great location. Clean and reasonably priced.