Reviews of Quality Hotel Centre de Congrès 3 stars

725, boulevard Séminaire Nord, J3B 8H1 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Canada

#5 of 6 hotels in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu

• Standard Queen Room

The dining room refused to make me a vegetarian meal, There were no plugs for my computer and cell phone, I was told to move furniture to access plugs, Mold in the bathroom and a cockroach!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The price was much MUCH to expensive. I will never be using this site and would rather find boarding if it’s going to be almost 200$. Where there is no restaurant, live entertainment or any other attractions near by. I feel ripped off

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our shower was not functioning properly - half the water came out the tub spout and the water coming out the shower head changed from too hot to too cold at intervals. Bathroom quite dated and needs upgrading.

Room and beds very comfortable. Staff very accommodating- let us have late check-out the day of our son's graduation from CFLRS. Lots of free parking.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms need a facelift for the money you pay. I was fine with the way they were but feel the hotel was overpriced for location, services and room. No food on site was a problem because there were no good options in the small town except a place in a stripmall across the street. That restaurant was average at best.

Great people Nice lobby but restaurant not open on Sunday when we arrived and this is the only reason we booked this place. (wanted a place where we could eat in when we arrived) The area is not great and the only food option was a low end place across the street where you had to bring your own wine.

• Executive Queen Room

We could not get a room until the specified check in time - not even an hour earlier.

The room was very pleasant, modern and uncluttered making it feel very spacious. The restuarant staff were helpful and accommodating of my husband's food allergies. Even though it was a very busy weekend the room was quiet.

• Queen Room

The hotel changed its name to Quality Hotel, but I was not informed about it. I had to go round the block a number of times looking for it. I had to get out of the car and talk to the hotel staff, before I learned that it was the hotel I was looking for. Since the hotel knew that I was booked with them, it would have been awesome if they had made a courtesy call or mail, informing me of the change.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

The adjoining door to the next room had someone knocking on it telling us our TV was too loud when it was not so the rest of our two night stay was tainted with worry

The staff was very friendly and the room was decent

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Shower was horrible,, burning hot one minute,, freezing cold the next,, u have to keep turning it off and on or get scoulded.. only 2 pillows on each queen bed

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

It would be nice to clarify complimentary breakfast when booking and coupons given upon arrival. Forgot to mention in room 509 bathrooms taps were hard to turn off ..water continued to run at times

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean . Enjoyed supper at the restaurant. Fish was a little under cooked but other 3 meals were excellent. We will be returning to this hotel in 3 months as our second son will be graduating from the military. This hotel is located close to the base. We booked our rooms on line no problems

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

They have guests that sit around in the hallway outside our door... Other guests are up at 6am letting their children run around yelling in the hallways and playing with the ice machine. I could have complained but I think they should monitor their hotel. The coffee maker had one coffee packet with no sugar or creamer so we couldn't use it.The bed sunk in the middle and have me a sore back, there wasn't enough towels.

It was close to everything we needed... The good outweighs the bad.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

What worried me most was when my wife discovered the south fire stairs door (the one out to the parking lot) was jammed shut. She said even a large male guest was unable to move it. Good thing there wasn't a fire during our stay. My other gripe was comfort: this room had the hardest mattress I've ever slept on in a hotel. I really like soft towels and sheets, and both were a bit disappointing here. And finally the bath products were really cheap.

The staff is amazing - mostly bilingual, very polite, and helpful. The rooms are quiet, clean, and well appointed. You're really can't beat the location if you want to experience Saint-Jean or explore Montérégie. Being literally across the street from Saint-Jean's police station doesn't hurt. It's just a 5 minute drive into the middle of town and less a minute onto autoroute 35.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Though we were out of the hotel for 7.5 hours, our room was not cleaned... the bed was far less comfortable (sheets all untucked) and the bathroom was as we left it in the morning.

The room was spacious and the bed comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

The hotel was a little expensive. It is looking a little run down eg tiles in bathtub have dirty grout. The room lacks amenities like a fridge and microwave that can be found in other hotels. The other disappointment (for the cost) was lack of complimentary breakfast.

The location was easy to find and very convenient to city centre.

• Standard Queen Room

The room didn’t have a bar fridge so we could keep any food or beverages with us !!! The restaurant downstairs closed at 8 not Very accommodating!!

Not professional

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were very comfortable!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room very old styles compare to lobby area. Wrong perception

Lobby all renovated including washroom

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bad milk in the room Poor shower head flow, chipped sink Poor lighting

Bedding

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Hotel was tired. Needs updating. Needs fitness area.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

No fan in bathroom. After showers for the whole family the room feels like a sauna...

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

No ventilation in the bathroom. I was also given a used room. I found that the bathroom had been used probably by staff...

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

for what we wanted and needed everything ok

service always with a smile. staff helped to find locations we wanted

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Cable tv broken. Hot and cold water was inconsistant. Buffet was over priced

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Very friendly staff, well informed and resourceful :)

• Queen Room

Old hotel with small bathrooms. It does not need much but a good up dating

Needs updating for the price

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

the beds were very confortable

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

No hot water in my room, myself and my kids had to shower in another room!!! Breakfast was stated as included, also confirmed at time of checking in, however denied the next morning. Had to call front desk 4 times from 9:00pm-11:30pm due to guests partying in the hallway and allowing their own children to bang on doors and run up and down the hallway. I complained again the next day, especially after being denied the free breakfast.... I was offered one free breakfast and the manager business card forward my complaint to. Very unpleasant to say the least.

not very much.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2015

Good sevice, curteous and knowledgeable and smiling, including the cleaning staff who were very pleasant and always said hello and have a great day!!!

• Reviewed: 30 November 2015

Room was neat and tidy. Hallways, entrance, pool area - everything was clean and well kept. Beds were comfortable. Shower had good water pressure. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Easy to get to by car.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

See above - this place was way too expensive! A double bed?!?! I'm surprised any hotel would put that in a room they charged $200 for one night. There was no view and they didn't even serve complementary coffee in the morning.

Very little. I found $200 for a night with a small double bed a real rip-off. The shower had mold and there were only 2 towels.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Bed quality questionable, needed new mattress. Bathroom grout between wall tiles showing mildew/dirt. Front desk young gentleman could not sum up the energy to smile (although quite quick at check in/out)! Poor cable TV selection/quality.

Good location and good Wifi. Air conditioning efficient and quiet.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2015

Would have like to have a fridge in the room and ice machine was on another floor

Very friendly staff, loved that they spoke English. Parking lot was large, well lite and no extra charge.

• Reviewed: 23 May 2015

The bed was sunken in the middle, resulting in my partner and I not sleeping super well. I called for a wifi code, the guy at the front desk said he'd call back but then didn't. The amenities didn't include conditioner, just conditioning shampoo, which I think it not good for people who expect conditioner.

The location was excellent and the woman at the front desk was very pleasant. The water pressure in the shower was very good.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2015

Four things: 1) No fire evacuation on door. Had to go check escape route on 7th floor before going to sleep. Is this a Quebec thing...... Neglecting Safety? Room 706 2) Some dummy installed the ironing board on the back of the bathroom door. Everytime I shut that door (2:00 am) the bottom of the ironing board would swing out and BANG. Woke up my family. Really smart???? 3) Black mold in corner of white tub and tubsurround. Really? Room 706. 4) Cost was $20 more than Holiday Inn which is just around the corner. They're breakfast was included and we didn't have any. Holiday Inn was booked solid and I can see why. Next time going over there.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2016

My toilet was broken

Comfy bed nice room

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

Longer pool hours but okay

Good location for the occasion

• Reviewed: 7 December 2015

Breakfast wasn't included

I wished the breakfast was included

• Reviewed: 19 September 2015

Very good hotel

• Reviewed: 22 May 2015

No continental breakfast.

The swimming pool, the environment and especially the staff.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Wi-Fi was iffy. Bed squeaky.

Friendly staff fluent in both English and French. Clean rooms. Easy access to the highway, and reasonably close to CFLRS.

There are also 21 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Quality Hotel Centre de Congrès traveller photo gallery