Reviews of Grace Inn 3 stars

#12 of 13 hotels in Quesnel

6.1

5.6

5.3

First room fridge was unplugged and water was dripping everywhere. On moving it to find the problem there was filth under microwave, fridge etc. I moved rooms. Fridge was working in the next so I didn't examine for cleanliness. But staff was helpful and atmosphere was good. Breakfast did not look appealing. But all in all not bad value.

Old fashioned but functional. Comfortable beds. Friendly staff. Good value for $65. It is being improved slowly in an amateur sort of way I think.

Each day we had to contact management to obtain the correct number of facecloths. The bathroom ceiling vent fan does not work and is hanging out of the ceiling. We requested that it be repaired but to the date of our leaving, it was still inoperative. This is Room 31, which is on the second floor. We would ask for a ground floor room next time since we a both in our 70s. I booked a king bed room, at extra cost, which, in retrospect was excessive and unnecessary.

It is located across the road from the event we attended, thus eliminating vehicle travel every day. The free breakfast was minimal but OK since the room cost was quite economical. Some frozen waffles for the toaster would be a plus.

• Double Queen Room

Breakfast, and actual comforters on the bed would be good

The continental breakfast was a rip-off and not worth the $10 extra I spent on it. Either do it well of don’t offer it at all.

• Double Queen Room

I slipped in the bathtub when I was having a shower. The manager gave my husband a bath mat so I could get out and I slipped on that. They advertise that they have a pool and hot tub. Their pool hasn't been use for years and the railing around it is falling off. Plus the door leading into the pool was open so anyone could go in and hurt themselves. The door in our room was missing the slider lock thing. There was no chambermaids. I don't think I'll stay there again.

The room was clean.

• Deluxe Double Room

I did not like anything about it, and my son was given the keys without showing any Id, anyone could come and go as they pleased! The place should have renovation, and perhaps a new owner.

The place was nothing like the pictures. It was in rundown, dirty and unacceptable. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this place, I would tell them that the place needs total renovation.

• Deluxe Double Room

The common kitchen area was a mess, but potentially good. Food and crumbs and sugar were spilled, and no one bothered to clean it up, even though it was right there in the lobby. We had to wait for staff to show up so we could check in.

Easy access,cheap

• Deluxe Double Room

Upon arrival my TV did not work (quickly rectified) and the room could use some sprucing up. The wall in the bathroom needed repair for example.

The location was great and the staff very helpful an quick to respond to my requests. Perfect basic accommodation for one night enroute to my destination.

• Deluxe Double Room

Very dirty. Things broken that need fixing. Door lock, leaking tap, coffee maker that doesn't work. filthy carpet. No extras.

For five stars - it was worth one. The place is very quiet. The only bonus.

• Double Queen Room

I ran a hand towel under the tap to wash my face (no face cloths) and there were big brown stains and something that looked like blood but I hope was ketchup. It appears the towels are not washed as there were big brown stains on a bath towel as well. The man at the front desk was sleeping when we arrived. He claimed he hadn't received my booking information and acted like it was my problem. He was rude during the entire transaction and then our room had the dirty towels and huge space under the front door- big enough for a rodent to visit. There was one tiny packet of shampoo, a few pieces of toilet paper, and I was too tired at that point to care. In the morning when I got up I was disgusted. The whole place is run down. We will NEVER stay here again!

• Double Queen Room

Rooms were dirty, we stayed 2 nights and only one time did our room key work. We had to get new room keys Everytime we wanted inside. The rooms were not cleaned. There was no new soap or shampoo the next day. Disgusting all together.

Absolutely nothing. It is a terrible place to stay.

everything!!!!

we were told that we would only have room service every second day. I had to empty out my own garbage. I had to go to office to get cups, bath tub mat, face clothes, shampoo and lotion. I wouldn't recommend this motel for the price.

• Deluxe Double Room

There was a used bandaid and used dental floss on the floor. There was a 2" hole in one of the bedsheets. Disgusting! Complimentary breakfast was meager: 3 kinds of the cheapest cereals, toast, bananas and apples, coffee. That was all.

• Deluxe Double Room

Front desk guy was gone from the desk longer than 10 minutes. When I booked my room is booked for 2 beds and got put into a king size. The shower curtain was gross. The toilet seat had hairs on it.

• Deluxe Double Room

Was not as advertized.Hottub and pool were out off service and had been for some time.Bare minimum for breakfast service.Place was empty of customers. Might wanna update the advertisement on the website.

If I needed a last minute place to stay and cheap this would be it.

• Double Queen Room

better care of property, weeds growing every where, through walkways, stairs. Couldn't get a room key , attendant said machine was broken, however he would be there 24/7 to let us in anytime. After dinner we had to wait 1/2 hr. Office was open but nobody there. I even saw people pull up to register for the night but left because no service staff. Would not book here again. Pool was under construction...so the sign said...probably will never open .

nothing at all

• Deluxe Double Room

We wanted smoking room, got it, it stunk of some sweet crap gave headack and poor taste in mouth. No door key, no pool or hot tub.staff had to let us in. Lots of excuses manager was pleasant.

the machine that used to make door cards was broken so had to go get owner every time we wanted in the room. i had booked a king bed and they were going to put us in room with queen beds, they did change it when i told them i booked king bed.the bed was very hard, the duvet had a blood stain on it, a couple of the towels where not very clean. the shower curtain around the bottom was stained. the carpet wasn't very clean. We did not even try to free breakfast as we noticed kitchen/food prep area still had crumbs on it when we checked in at 330pm. and a Saturday afternoon the peanut butter and jam were still sitting out and crumbs everywhere on the counter.

the owner/desk clerk was very friendly and helpful with letting us into our rooms every time.

• Deluxe Double Room

Sadly the place was dirty. The coffee had not been re stocked and all that was left was empty opened sugar packets.... there was a dirty wash cloth left on the shower curtain as well as one bed being as hard as cement and the other super soft.

The man running the property was very friendly.

The staff was super friendly and accommodating for my needs. Clean, quiet and comfortable room for a great value. Close to the park and Quesnel business centre which is why I had visited. It was my second time staying at the Grace Inn and would stay again.

• Double Queen Room

Beds were uncomfortable room was falling apart and not very clean at all we were shoved off into a corner where there was a group of men that drank every night

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Poor customer service. Booked through booking.com asked to check in between 11-12pm & the guy at front counter refused us. Credit card only.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

TV connection is poor, wifi not working, duvet damp and stuffing clumps together, shower head has lots of calcium buildup, door security lock is broken, floor is filthy behind the bedside table, and price is higher than advertised on booking.com

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom got chilly as the heat was by baseboard on the opposite side of the room.

While the motel is aging, key updates such as bigger beds with luxurious bedding, new sink and counter as well as fridge and microwave made it a very nice affordable stay.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Bedding was dirty; we asked to change rooms and the second room had dirty sheets on the bed with pubic hairs in the sheets so it was obvious the sheets had not been changed. Also the cups and glasses, if you held them up the light, were filthy. The front desk staff was not at the desk sometimes hours at a time.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

1st room we checked into wreaked of cigarettes & cigars. 2nd room was full of mold and definitely not safe to be in. 3rd room was smaller, uncomfortable beds, and not the kitchenette we reserved which is constantly a problem when booking through booking.com. The staff was not helpful and did not compensate our difference of cost for what we reserved and paid for on check in. 2 hour check in; not cool.

Being close to shopping and easy access

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

didn't feel it was the cleanest place and was hard to find as it is called something else with the word Grace under it in much smaller letters

beds weren't comfy at all

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

It was an older building - the decor was old but it didn't make it bad.

It was clean Accessible Affordable Downtown next to brewery steps from local shops

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

They advertised they had a pool yet when we arrived their pool was closed, not a single staff informed us of this until we went to go for a swim and looked at the pool. There was hair all over the bathroom and counter area, also house keeping left a loaf of bread in the fridge from a previous guest.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The air-conditioning didn't work, The shower curtain was not attached properly the TV was a late 80's model, the plumbing made a high pitch noise after using the shower.

The price

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Double Queen Room

Toilet took forever to flush, very old buildings no electrical outlets that weren't already overloaded,no visible facility for free breakfast other than a shelf by the front desk, we're not given access to sauna or pool. No hot water only luke warm at best in shower, representation online did not match motel itself

The price

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The wifi didnt work very well at all. Too long, gave up trying to load anything on my tablet.

The room was nice and tidy, we were given extra coffee, the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Double Queen Room

The bed was too soft, as if they added extra foam to make up for an old bed. Some of the fixtures weren't updated with the rest of the room and the furniture was too big. The TV remote would only change channels, you had to turn it on and adjust the volume by hand.

The housekeeper was great, front desk was courteous. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The air conditioning didn't work and they did little to fix it. It was 29 degrees celsius outside - the room was ridiculously hot. The fridge didn't work very well.

Having two young children, I liked that I could park directly outside our room, it made bringing our stuff in and out of the room very easy.

• Double Queen Room

Not a romantic place but good value and very clean. Very friendly staff

• Double Queen Room

beds lamps no coffee pot dirty floors

Bad cervive

Price

No house keeping

Close proximity to town

employee off site had to wait 1/2 hr to check in

I have no complaints

Accessible

• Deluxe Double Room

I had to check out early and they did my refund wrong and payed way to much for one night

• Deluxe Double Room

Didn't get a towel change or make my bed on second day

Clean room

• Deluxe Double Room

Pool was being fixed so not available

Convenient includes continental breakfast comfy

Could have had a pool

It was close to everything

better choices for breakfast

The location was excellent and staff was very friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Double Room

Have a key to the room instead of staff having to let you get into the room every time you went out

everything was ok except fot the key situation

• Deluxe Double Room

The area is a bit noisy.

The room was clean, comfortable and well appointed.

Narrow deck to 2nd floor rooms but not really a problem-it's manageable

The staff

• Deluxe Double Room

Very clean. Plenty of room and parking as well.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Dirty. Not maintained!

Disgusting

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Icy cold room on my arrival. Breakfast room not open on time.

Reliable wifi. Budget price.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

We were given a ground floor as requested

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The plumbing pipes caused excessive noise making it impossible to sleep

The bed was very comfortable

• Double Queen Room

A little updating could be done but for the price, it wasn't a big concern.

The price was excellent for the room.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

There was some stale food inside microwave.

Location & value for money.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Location..

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

They don't have the advertised pool, top door locks need replaced.

It was clean, real close to a park, and water park.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Pool wasn't working.

Close to the water park and playground... Bathroom was super clean... Medium walk or short short drive to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Location, reasonable clean

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Double Queen Room

A little updating in the rooms, and cleaning in main lobby.

I liked the location, and price the most.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

no breakfast, no cream for coffee not even a bottle of water to purchase, pool out of order :(

surprisingly the bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

All good

All good

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

Great value, definitely would stay here again

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

the pool was not open

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

Beds were uncomfortable

It was close to a playground and the water park

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

Room was not clean when we arrived, beds poorly made, coffee supplies never filled, toiletries (shampoo, conditioner,body lotion, face cloths) very lacking. On the third day they actually vacuumed the rug. Microwave was dirty when we arrived, and still the same when we left. We had to clean the tub on the third day before we showered, as cleaning staff had not. Value for the money was not good.

Location for us was excellent. Office staf and continental breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 2 March 2016

The pool wasn't working and when I mentioned to the desk clerk that I was looking forward to a swim he didnt offer any compensation although I heard from another guest that he got a pool pass for the rec centre The rooms are not tended to every day. I had to ask for clean towels, coffee and garbage removal

Good central location. Pet friendly at no extra charge.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

The room was smelly. The comforter had a fermenting urine stain.. The room we had had two queen beds although we requested one bed. We ended up using the other, "cleaner" bed. My wife left her purse & wallet in the room when we left, but when we called the front desk hours later he denied finding anything. There was no way it was anywhere else. We were just passing through town & hadn't gone anywhere else. I'm assuming he found the $500 cash in her wallet & lied to us about having it. Never again. You get what you pay for I suppose.

Ample parking space.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2015

We stayed for four days, it would have only been one, but their policy is no refunds...smart for them. Someone came in the second day to "clean" the room, they basically changed the garbage and left. We received no clean towels, we had to request them and we had to pick them up at the office,which wasn't a huge deal but there were only 3 other people actually staying there. They advertise a pool that was not filled up without any signs stating maintenance or anything else. I don't like complaining about businesses but this one needs to put some effort into their customer service as well as some simple upgrades.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2015

Advertised pool, hot tub, and restaurant. None of which were available. Undergoing reno's for years.

Bed was quite nice & clean. Close to the downtown. Room was simple but ok.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

In the three days we were there, housekeeping did not come at all. The air conditioner could not keep up to the hot weather which made for sleepless nights. The property has not been maintained as well as in the past. Although staff were friendly, they knew nothing about the town or events going on.

price, location, breakfast included

• Reviewed: 5 January 2015

Booked a 3 day stay for my handicapped son, to visit a friend in Quesnel. . Manny (the manager?)was most helpful. My son says his room was great and he enjoyed his trip.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

name of hotel not consistent with sign

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

Bed was lumpy. Could have used more pillows

Friendly staff & fresh muffins

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

It was squishy and it could have been cleaner but for the price I would visit again.

The staff were very nice and helpful.

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.