Reviews of Hotel Grand Pacific 4 stars

463 Belleville Street, V8V 1X3 Victoria, Canada

#10 of 52 hotels in Victoria

• Victoria Room: King Bed

Bell boys didn't always help with bags when they clearly saw you needed help. Same with check in desk staff.

Helpful individuals who liked their jobs, comfortable and clean rooms. Hot water boiler and fridge (for parents especially). Baby cot available and managed to accommodate room switch last minute.

• Victoria Room: King Bed

The building is quite old and felt overpriced for what ou get. We were expecting a room with a view and our room was facing another building and had a very uncomfortable hard bed.

The staff were very friendly and helpful! The hotel is in a great location.

• Victoria Room: King Bed

The view from our room however this depends on our choosing the RIGHT ACCOMMODATION DEAL on the day.

Location , Location , LOCATION!! Great location for tourists close to most of the City attractions and transport hub. If you come to Victoria by sea plane into the Harbour or BC ferries ( BC Ferries drop you off just behind the Fairmont Victoria) a short walk to the Grand Pacific. Regular airport shuttle call every half hour to the hotel.

• Victoria Room: Queen Bed

Room had a connecting door and you could hear everything next door!

Great location, hotel is on the harbour front. Initial room was comfortable and clean but had a door connecting to the room next door. Although the neighbours were not exceptionally noisy we could hear everything....not good! In the morning I raised the issue and we were allocated another room which was much quieter. I would suggest if you're given a room with a connecting door....get it changed! Parking is on site for a fee $18 per night.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

The only complaint I have is that the hold they put on your credit card for incidentals lasted for two weeks and not the five business days like they stated. This has not been an issue at any other hotel I've stayed at.

I absolutely love this hotel! We had a beautiful view and a cozy suite. The staff were extremely friendly and polite. The location is perfect as well. We will definitely be back again and stay longer.

• Signature Harbour View Room: Two Queen Beds

I wish the balcony had a little table.

The location is excellent. Across the street from the harbour, a block away from the museum and 5 minute walk from the main streets. The location can’t be beat. I loved the room and it had a fantastic view of the harbour. I liked to sit on the balcony and relax at the end of the day. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Everything was very clean and comfortable.

• Signature Harbour View Room: Two Queen Beds

We were a bit disappointed with the fact that the pool is in the gym area. We expected an area only for guests and better located than in the parking in lot. Also the water was cold. Thanks, Silvana

Great place to stay, beds very comfortable and location couldn't be better!

• Victoria Room: Queen Bed

No table on balcony. Horrible or non existent WiFi connection. Booking.com said my room would be $210.00 but I was billed 295.00. Booking said I’d get free parking. Hotel charged me $18.00. Yeah I’m pissed. Not sure who to blame.

Nice view

• Signature Harbour View Room: Two Queen Beds

There was a mouse in the dining room to which the staff did nothing despite our alerting them to it - in fact the staff left us to pay the bill & never returned! There was a significant large, dirty ring around one edge of the spa pool - very off-putting.

Location, view & friendliness of valet staff.

• Signature Harbour View Room: King Bed

Dining room excellent as ever. Good variety on menu and buffet. Great staff. Lounge area very pleasant. Well equipped pool and fitness area. Location very central by foot or by car, to all Victoria has to offer. Stunning views of inner harbour.

• Signature City View Room: King Bed

Pictures on booking.com and hotel’s website were somewhat misleading. Thought I booked a suite that accommodate 3, actually a standard room with a roll-away bed. Sleeping situation ended up very awkward. We were only staying for one night so we sucked it up and didn’t get another room.

Awesome location, parliament building view.

• City View Room: King Bed

We had dinner in the restaurant, the food was so-so, the salmon was a bit over cook but the staff was one of the best I have ever seen.

The staff was great

• Signature Harbour View Room: King Bed

Tiny closet. Room service breakfast menu was confusing and took quite a few minutes to figure out.

Wonderful view of the harbour. Great location across the street from the Black Ball Ferry and walking distance to restaurants and shops. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Lots of conveniently placed power outlets. Breakfast from room service was prompt and very good.

• Signature Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Extra parking fee something we’re not use to, bathroom door squeaked and woke up partner in night but that’s something we should have brought to attention of staff but kept forgetting, we know they would have looked after it immediately.

Room temp very comfortable, beds comfy, location great, staff very accommodating, excellent food at Pacific restaurant and excellent pool/gym facilities. Also excellent is the keep green project. Would definitely stay here again.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

I thought breakfast was included but it was not. I also went for free cancellation & flexible booking but money was drawn out of my account a week before I could arrive at the hotel. The free cancellation time period should be adhered to by all hotels in Canada especially Toronto, since it was a flexible booking.

The bed was comfortable.

• City View Room: Two Queen Beds

Coffee in room. .Packaging sucked. .Small issue but should be noted. When you opened, kept ripping filter

Everything was awesome. .Will book again with you

• Signature Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Be careful for everything in the hotel! They will change you thousands for repairing small scratches on the headboard. (renovating their hotel with your money) No invoice no details on the expenses. Be carful they are sharks

• Victoria Room: Queen Bed

The location of the smoke alarm right above the bed, the light shines in your eyes, subtle as it is, is it annoying.

The ambiance is very relaxing, and the room fantastic. The pub was nice and comfortable even for someone sitting alone.

• Signature Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Wasn't to keen on the pool as it was cold. I was travelling with my mom and this was one of the reason we chose to stay here. The location and the pool.

The location was fantastic. Great access to the downtown area!!

• Victoria Room: King Bed

We didn't understand the levels and number of upgrades when we booked ... the room and location in the building must have no less than 6 levels and I assume cost ... turns our half the hotel has been renovated

Love the location, staff were very helpful.

• Signature City View Room: Two Queen Beds

Our bed was a little hard.

The staff are lovely! They upgraded us to a better room when we checked in! I had incorrectly booked a 4th night and they happily refunded the extra night.

• Victoria Room: King Bed

There was a green light coming out of the smoke detector that lit up the bed all night.

Really liked where we were located. The staff was very professional.

• Signature Victoria Suite: King Bed with Sofa Bed

We are return guests. First stay last year over Spring Break. We decided to stay again because we enjoyed our stay last year. This year, the front desk was not welcoming, we did not have enough towels and the hotel charged us for two LED light bulbs that were missing from the room when we checked in. No "thanks for returning to our hotel", no "hope you come back" but a follow up email two days after check out that they charged my credit card for light bulbs. Ridiculous.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

The pool is pretty cold. The shower was quite slow to warm up. For a hotel of this caliber, it would be nice to have some extra perks - free water, and a nicer coffee station in the room.

The location is fantastic and the room had a nice view. The staff were kind, and efficient with check-in and check-out. The pool is huge and accommodating for kids and families.

• City View Room: King Bed

Room service was very slow with food. Food was over priced and horribly small portions. The pool entrance had slippery stairs and left no privacy at all, plus it was extremely inconvenient to have to walk through a gym.

The bed was comfortable and the room had the option of a lot of lighting which was nice. I am a fan of the local brand of coffee that they offer in the rooms.

• Signature Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Beds were very hard, uncomfortable. Our room was a view of the roof top/i.e. No view. We were right across from the elevator so sounded like a constant wind tunnel. No microwave.

The decor was nice, the housekeeping was good. Convenient location.

When I booked the hotel, the requirement was the fill in three guest names but one person arrived late for his business. 9 out of 10 arrived on time but the hotel didn't give me room keys. We were waiting & arguing about a half hour.

• Signature Victoria Suite: King Bed with Sofa Bed

Balcony is pretty small. Only one closet in the entryway. Paying for parking sucks. Pool was a bit chilly.

Beautiful property and room. Stayed in a signature suite and it was lovely. Clean. Modern decor. Comfortable and spacious. Great for a family of 4. Nice robes to lounge in. Queen sofa bed that was actually comfortable for our 2 boys. Loved the sauna and steam room. Great location.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

I was quite disappointed with this hotel, there really wasn't anything grand about it. Our room was very, very basic. Furnishings felt like they were from the 1980's. There was a huge cut in the wall of our room that exposed the drywall. Closed in balcony made the room feel dark. Our curtain rod was broken and the coffee in the room was very weak as was the wifi. On top of that we had to a extra$20 a day to park :( I won't ever stay here again.

Location is great, but that is really all it has going for it.

• City View Room: King Bed

Bed was a little hard for us......memory foam topper would have helped.

Good food and service. Loved having a balcony. Liked the controls for the air condition. All staff very welcoming.

• City View Room: King Bed

Very comfortable bed and our room did not face the harbour which means it did not have the busy road outside either. We had a quiet room on the 7th floor in the corner. Just what we wanted as we are light sleepers.

• Harbour View Suite: Two Queen Beds

The parking lot could get challenge mostly in the weekend. You already paid for it but didn’t get any spot since it was full.

The location and the food was great.

• Signature Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

I didnt like that parking is $18, /day and we have the worst views offered by the hotel. We are at the back even tho the bulk of the rooms face Victorias inner harbour!

Quiet and very comfortable

Zero

This hotel has no one mistake..The bed was very comfortable,well located in downtown Victoria, the view to the harbor was breath taking and stunning.The thing that I loved more is that the front-desk team was very professional and very very welcoming to guests.Highly recommend hotel grand pacific

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

We needed laundry facilities and the hotel only provided executive laundry. As a family on a long trip with young children it would have been helpful to have self serve laundry. We went to the laundromat instead.

We loved the pool facilities and the glass elevator.

• Signature Victoria Room: King Bed

They put two separate holds on my Visa for the room charge plus $100 incidentals plus another hold for a room service meal. For a one night stay that cost about $300 including two meals and taxes, they had about $700 of holds on my card. Not a problem for me, but could potentially be for others. Staff did not pick up my breakfast request although it was left on my door early but that is complete nitpicking on my part since they remedied that and I had my breakfast within a half hour of calling. Beds were firm, but comfortable.

Fantastic location. Room was huge. Tub was lovely and deep. Nice little balcony, and the location was excellent. Staff was extremely friendly and efficient.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

The little pool and hot tub were very dirty, could see the dirt on the pool floor built up, foam in hot tub was dirty, we came right out. Pool was also uncomfortablly cold. Photo on website makes pool look amazing but was not like that in person.

Hotel lovely, great location, nice room

• Signature Harbour View Room: King Bed

No suites it seems. None the front desk seem to know of at least. Slightly underwhelming interior given over the top exterior. Small room windows.

Valet parking

• Signature City View Room: King Bed

Going the extra mile would have been nice like a bottle of water or a fruit tray , it is the little details the make the big difference !

Nice & comfortable

• Harbour View Suite: Two Queen Beds

My partner stayed here with his mom for her 60th birthday. I mentioned this the front desk agent when I called to confirm the room, and my partner also mentioned it when they checked in. I thought a Happy Birthday note in the room or something from the hotel might be a nice personal touch but there was nothing. Little things like this don't take any effort on the hotel's part but make a big difference to the guest.

My partner and his mom stayed here for her 60th birthday in a harbour view suite. The view was amazing as usual (he and I have stayed here before in a harbour view room) and you can't beat the location. Staff are always very friendly and welcoming, and the hotel itself feels very 'grand'!

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Bar & restaurant a little formal for my taste.

Friendly staff. Room was clean, comfortable and well decorated. Great view of the harbour. Good location.

• Signature Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Beds were a little on the firm side. Woke up with a bit of a back ache.

Kids pool was awesome. We have a little guy just learning to swim so it was great to have that space for him

• City View Room: Two Queen Beds

The hotel has a quiet relaxing atmosphere. The staff were extremely helpful. Our room was clean, the view was pectacular. Enjoyed the gluten free pancakes, great breakfast. We will definitely return.

• City View Room: King Bed

When requested extended time was only given an hour or will be charged. The hotel was quiet so seemed to be more interest in profit than service. Small point though. Generally very goof.

Position. Outlook.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Loved the pool - it was warm enough, big and a lovely baby pool too. We didn’t upgrade to a harbour view but we could see the harbour anyway from our very comfortable room. Good breakfast buffet and attentive staff, worth paying the extra for.

• City View Room: King Bed

Booked classic room but it was too dated and small, Signature room's bathroom is a little bit smaller than average. Elevator has no carpet. Restaurant is expensive.

Nice hotel for a little getaway, booked classic room but it was too dated and small, so upgraded to the signature room, much nicer. Bathroom is a little bit smaller than average, the Pacific restaurant serve nice food. Swimming pool is big and have hot tub and steam room.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Cold plates in hot buffet line ..the plates were stacked in an area where cold foods located. Suggested they be put in plate warmer & front desk said they would pass this information on.

Great location in harbour beside Parliament Buildings within close walking distance of many facilities. Very friendly & helpful staff. Air conditioning in the room was very efficient & quiet. Would definitely stay there again & would recommend to family /friends.

Not much selection on TV

The layout of room was very comfortable, our breakfast was excellent and our server was very efficient. We were only there for a short while but it was a very enjoyable experience. We will definitely be going back.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

The service when they called to pre authorize my credit card 24 hrs in advance was horrible. I told them they would have to wait an hour so I could go to the bank. I was planning on paying debit when I got there and not using my credit card but they wouldn’t let me. They kept telling me I could cancel. I don’t understand why you would try and get someone to cancel. You should try and make the customer happy. I did not enjoy speaking to staff at all. I have stayed in cheaper hotels with rooms just as nice and better customer service. Not worth the money. I will never stay here again.

The sauna and hot tub

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Perfect location! We traveled to Victoria on the Blackball ferry and could not have had a better location! Room was very clean and comfortable. We will definitely return.

• Victoria Room: King Bed

Lock was loose on balcony, did get locked on balcony, thanks to the wonderful staff for the rescue, thankfully had a phone on me!

The pillows were amazing!!! Made good use of the pool, hot tub and sauna...the view from my balcony was just words can't describe it!!!

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

The bedroom furnishings were a little outdated. The photos made the room look a lot more luxurious than it really was.

the on-site restaurant had a lot of options and of varying price ranges. Something for all budgets and taste.

• Victoria Suite: King Bed with Sofa Bed

The room was starting to look a bit tired - we have stayed in other suites before that seem to be more updated.

We have stayed here before and the location is great for walking around the Harbour area of Victoria.

• Victoria Room: Queen Bed

Was disappointed in the plainness of the room. For such a grandeous looking hotel, I thought the rooms would be modern, larger and at least have a couch in the sitting area.

The umbrellas were a great touch

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately, the pool was closed for maintenance, but we were able to use the pool at a neighbouring hotel.

Room was super quiet, beds were very comfy, room size was good, view was excellent, room had big balcony, staff were wonderful. Food in the restaurant was really good and breakfast didn't break the bank (like it usually does in bigger hotels). Bonus for families: room had small fridge so we stocked up on snacks for the family in one of the nearby awesome grocery stores. The other thing we liked was that the room actually had a an area to sit down (rather than lounging on the beds...) so that we could relax and recharge in the afternoons before venturing out again.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

The hotel was conviently located, clean and very comfortable with great views and friendly staff. Unfortunately the pool was out of action but we were offered facilities at a nearby hotel which we didn't bother using. My only other complaint was the bikes were unavailable for use in winter. This wasn't made clear on the website.

• Signature City View Room: King Bed

I had one incident with front desk during evening December 30th her name Rowena. I didn't get her attention. She says I will have to wait without looking at me. She was busy with her computer. I had Brad, Manager to attend my situation.

The room we had was more than we expected. My daughter and I love our stay here. The room was clean and we had room service for breakfast a few times. We have dine and also had high tea at The Pacific Restaurant.

• City View Room: Two Queen Beds

Booking.com marked the hotel as free parking but we had to pay for it. As I walked into the room, I was disappointed to see how dirty and worn out carpets were. Room didn't smell as fresh either. We stayed in the west tower and booked our rooms at the last minute during holiday season.

Great location and courteous staff.

• City View Room: King Bed

Just everything met our expectations. Thank you for a very good experience. The hotel is not over the top filled with toffee nosed guests. Good ordinary people stay at this hotel that offers a touch of class.

• City View Room: Two Queen Beds

The power cable to the tv in one of our rooms had been knocked out by an overzealous cleaning crew. This caused some minor confusion. Also, one member of our party had just come off a cruise and was not impressed by the breakfast buffet selection at the hotel restaurant - the rest of us were quite happy with it, however.

The rooms were very comfortable and a good size. This is important to me when I am travelling with my kids. I really liked the attentiveness of the staff and the ease with which every thing was accomplished (smooth check in/check out) Small puzzles were given to the kids at check in which was a nice touch. Loved the Christmas lobby display also.

• Harbour View Suite: Two Queen Beds

We stayed in a suite, and in both of the rooms the televisions were not in the most ideal spots. The tv in the bedroom had no way of being turned to be seen from the bed. The only way to see it was to stand directly in front of it. And the tv in the 2nd room needed the chairs to be rearranged to be able to sit and watch. Also, $18 to park a day while staying at the hotel... come on.

The location is perfect, staff amazing, and facility has everything you need.

• Signature Harbour View Room: Two Queen Beds

heat didn't work the first night but maintenance did fix paid extra for harbor view and was disappointed (and wish I would have said something) that we were on 3rd floor-much more a street view than harbor view.

hotel so close to Coho ferry. easy to walk everywhere. room very nice.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

The hotel is in a beautiful location and has easy accessibility to downtown! The room is clean and nice. The bed is very comfortable. The pool, hot tub, sauna and steam room are great for guests who need a little down time!

Very clean and friendly.

So close to everything. Right on the water front, across from the ferry terminal. Walking was a breeze for site seeing and dining. Felt very safe.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

The beds were very uncomfortable, there were many pillows, but they were all the same consistency and all were uncomfortable

Fantastic location, nicely appointed lobby, great, helpful staff.

• Signature Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

average room with high price; location of hotel was excellent but room was smallish and no point at all staying there unless you wanted to spend even more money for harbor view - backside of hotel looked into windows of building across the street; room supplied powdered creamer, 1 package of average coffee, beds seemed more like doubles than queen size; and this was more expensive "signature" room -- meh.....

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

Parking was full upon our arrival but the hotel provided valet parking at a nearby lot at no additional cost.

Friendly staff, large room, great view of the water and the city, nice hotel restaurant and within walking distance of many really great restaurants. Although we didn't use either the ferry (terminal) across the street or the float plane airport, both were steps from the hotel. Also, room had a balcony (possible that all rooms do) and although it was too cold in November to use it, it certainly is a nice feature.

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

A minor thing—the parking at the hotel was full and we had to park in the lot of a nearby hotel. It wouldn’t have benn an issue except for the torrential rains.

Great location and super comfortable room. In a strange way, I also enjoyed meeting the tiny mouse that was living in the couch in the bar.

• Room Selected at Check-In

Friendly front desk people. Brad was really nice and he had great suggestions about where to eat with kids. Everyone we encountered who worked for the Hotel Grand Pacific was kind and helpful. The pool complex is fantastic. We really enjoyed our American Thanksgiving in Victoria. Grateful!

Can't think of a thing.

Our room had a beautiful view of both the harbor and the lights of the city. The provincial parliament and royal museum were a short walk away as well as restaurants and shops. As soon as we arrived a gentleman came running out of the hotel to let us know the parking garage was full so they had a valet park our car at no extra charge in an adjoining lot. The staff was very solicitous, the restaurant was great and even the gift shop had a lot to choose from. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• City View Room: King Bed

Parking is a little limited . Difficult to find spot sometimes

Room was large clean and well furnished. Good food at both the lounge and the restaurant .House salad and the dessert were outstanding. Excellent free wifi

All positive

Room view of harbour. Valet Service. Friendliness of staff at front desk restaurant cleaning personnel Problem with tub drainage was fixed promptly by Allan who left his card Decor and comfort of room. Circle style driveway was safe and convenient Balcony was large and useable. Valet staff were extremely helpful with directions and tips

• Signature Harbour View Room: Two Queen Beds

Very, Very very noisey family in next room in the adjacent suite. Not much control of kids, much crying. Could hear all through the door that joins the suites. Almost had to leave.

Location excellent. Personnel great.

• Victoria Room: King Bed

property is very old fashioned. I had a different room booked downtown and changed because of the attractive room pictures. However the room it self is bit run down and super old furnished with huge closet for TV installation etc. It was ok, just not what I have expected.

location close to harbor and down town

• Victoria Room: Two Queen Beds

I had the breakfast buffet for $22 the first morning and was so disappointed that I went elsewhere for the duration of my stay. There are plenty of other choices for breakfast in the vicinity. When asked if I wanted orange juice with my breakfast, I inquired if it was fresh and the response was, what do you expect for a $22 breakfast? I really look forward to my breakfast when on business or holidays. The experience was a turn-off so much for me that I probably will not return again. Felt like it was an express buffet at a cheap hotel. I would have eaten all my dinners at the restaurant, but decided otherwise. I had a conference to attend while in Victoria, the days were long, and I was exhausted come the end of the day. Would have liked to just stay at the hotel, as this would have been far easier. Lobby area: woodwork banged up and shabby looking. Elevators tired and worn looking inside. Things look like they need more repairs and touch-ups in the future. I travelled with a friend who thought the hotel was just fine, but for some reason I started noticing all the things at the hotel needing repairs and I would not let it go.

I stayed in a harbour- view room suite with two queen beds for three nights. The location of the hotel is excellent, making it a superb choice for tourists. Check-in procedure easy and the all the reception staff professional. Very nice swimming pool. 25 meters long and very impressive, This is great for kids, and there is a gym also that looks very good. I tried the breakfast buffet and was very disappointed by the low standard. Tasteless fruit slices, pastries of very average quality. All in all the, breakfast was a failure and the management needs to improve the standard. Given the cost of the room, approx. $300 a night for my room, the standard needs improvement. This is probably the most important thing I look forward to in the morning is my breakfast. If you can't deliver on this, then I am disappointed. The server in the restaurant, a short Japanese lady, was excellent. Very attentive and a bubble of delight.