Reviews of Hampton Inn London Ontario 3 stars

840 Exeter Road, N6E 1L5 London, Canada

#7 of 40 hotels in London

Will return
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

My bill said 163 when I got my statement they charged an additional 30$ for no reason however still a decent price for king size room with jacuzzi 😁

Great price and location for such a beautiful hotel.

Great price, pretty standard, no frills, except breakfast was GREAT!
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

There was no ventilation fan in the bathroom (perhaps not standard in Canada).

Very friendly staff. Clean bathroom and facilities, overall. Very quiet. We arrived later than expected but still got the chance to catch some zzz-s, a hot shower, and a very nice breakfast before continuing our road trip.

Great location, fantastic service!
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner was loud!

The hotel is in a great location, easy on/off 401, clean, comfortable, but what made the difference was the staff: courteous, helpful, just all around nice people!

Great location by the highway with easy access to plenty of...
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

Great location by the highway with easy access to plenty of restaurants within a couple km. Available shopping and gas stations nearby. Friendly staff and great property.

Friendly service and staff.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Was wonderful to have two queen-size beds but the beds could have been more comfortable as the mattresses were a bit too soft and so hurt the back if one slept on it for more than a couple of days. But overall experience was a very positive one.

Very friendly staff. Excellent breakfasts and wonderful hospitality by Flo when we were at breakfast. Spacious and comfortable room and a large shopping centre nearby. One would need a car to get to town as this location is a bit removed from the heart of downtown London. But quiet and peaceful.

Great hotel in a great location for a great price!

Everything was great!!

The staff was very friendly and the room was bigger than expected. The price for the room was very affordable and the hotel had a great breakfast. I will be staying here again.

the place was dirty, we think we may have got bed bugs from...
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

the place was dirty, we think we may have got bed bugs from there, the front staff were not very helpful and when i was questioning him the manager came out and was very belligerent and rude

As expected
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very dark. The room was so large that there was not enough lighting to make the room bright enough after dark. I was staying for a full week, so I purposely booked a room with a king rather than two queens, hoping for furniture. Instead there was a whirlpool tub. There was one chair, but not a foot rest to make it comfortable.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very nice. The coffee was delicious! My room was very large.

Fantastic stay, will be back for sure!!
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

I did lot find anything during this stay that would have been negative.

The hotel as a whole exceeded our expectations our entire stay. Staff were super friendly and accommodating to your needs. They would go above and beyond to make your stay the best. Yummy Free coffee and tea in lobby along with a huge fruit bowl and delicious cookies was a huge hit. Rooms, hallways, lobby, pool, dining area all of it was very clean and will be for sure returning to this hotel!

Over all we enjoyed.
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

Internet was spotty. We had to call and get our room cleaned. And we were gone for over 4hrs and they did not do it. Not very impressed at all.

The breakfast was great. The tub was amazing.

Will never stay at this location again.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Management does not care about the customers. Found hair on bed and stains on bed sheets. Poor customer service by staff This specific Hampton location is poorly managed.

this hotel was excellent, the pool was clean, and breakfast...

the only complaint i have is the mattress on the bed was not overly comfortable.

this hotel was excellent, the pool was clean, and breakfast in the morning was fresh and had lots of options.

My wife and I stayed in a king-bed suite.
    • King Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

My wife and I stayed in a king-bed suite. The room was bright, clean, and comfortable. The bed was awesome. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were in town to meet with family and to attend a play at the Grand Theatre. We had a great time and will definitely stay at the Hampton again.

It was ok.
    • King Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Hasn’t changed or been ungraded since the place was opened. So availability to get at properly placed electrical outlets for my myrid of USB devices was a pain, classic these days for those location that haven’t modernized to recognize this 21st century must have.

This is a cookie cutter property that looks like all the rest around it. I would not be encouraged to stay again other than knowing what I get for the money. Unfortunately there is nothing distinctive about the Hotel that would have me say “let’s always stay here”. It meets my basic needs , clean and safe at a reasonable cost.

The hotel smells really good when you first walk in!
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The hotel smells really good when you first walk in! Weird statement but to me I noticed each time I came in from outside. Beds and pillows very comfortable Could have been quiter with too many small kids running and screaming down halls till after 10 and before 8am

The staff and breakfast were fabulous. Check in and check out were very quick.
    • King Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The bed was very old and uncomfortable and very squeaky.

Staff were fabulous. They tried to make up the best they could for the very uncomfortable bed by offering a discounted rate and some treats .

The breakfast was of poor quality.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was of poor quality. Eggs were rubbery, sausage was over done and kept warm for a long time and the French toast was dry. A better syrup needs to be used as well.

Great! Will only try to book Hampton Inn from here on out!
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The staff were so nice! I booked a hampton inn the night before in the US so decided to try out again to see if it was just as good, and it was. The check in was great, and she even helped me with some information on somewhere to eat after a long trip! Ktichen staff was very friendly, she made sure we were happy :)

Excellent hotel and will stay here again
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

No hot tub and the view from our corner room was not good.

The first thing we noticed was the clean smell. The whole hotel seemed spotless! The room was good, the beds were comfortable, 24/7 coffee and tea was available in the lobby, and the hot breakfast was convenient and tasty. Every single staff member was so friendly and made us feel very welcome.

Good night's rest. Just stayed over during our travels south.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Pool was a little small. Hot tub would have been nice. I've stayed at other Hampton Inns and found this one a bit dated.

Good location and nice compliamentary breakfast .

Terrific
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

Only recommendation would be softer toilet paper. Everything else waz tip top.

The staff were absolutely amazing and the room was wonderful. Clean and cozy like being at home. Breakfast was great and delicious.

I love the hotel, the breakfast was amamzing and the staff...
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was freezing which kind of was upsetting becasue my son was so excited to go swimming.

I love the hotel, the breakfast was amamzing and the staff was so friendly. We had a jacuzzi room and it was so beautiful ,clean. The bed was huge and the room too. I would highly recommend this hotel.

It was an overall comfortable stay.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

For the price I paid, the breakfast could have more hot food, including a variety of dietary or low fat alternatives for breakfast (ex. Turkey/chicken Sausages or bacon, veggie or egg white omelettes).

The room had everything I needed and offered to provide “essentials” (like toothpaste, etc) if I forgot something. I really appreciate that.

Great people,food and room,thanks for a great stay.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

There was nothing that could have been better.

We were warmly welcomed, the food was great as usual. We asked for a taxi to be called and it came promptly. Really enjoyed the breakfast choices and the friendliness of the dining room staff.

All in all a good stay
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was cold , not enough lighting, movie very expensive!$25!

Bed was comfy,good pillows, bathroom clean and roomy stafffriendly and helpful, breakfast was good

The hotel was a solid, relaxing, and comfortable base during an otherwise tedious & hectic trip.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Toilet paper often would not go fully down on first flush. (This is a problem with design of the toilet itself and not a fault of the hotel.)

Beds are fabulously comfortable. Breakfast (included) is excellent, with a wide selection of typical breakfast fare and then some. Lady attendant goes out of her way to make people feel welcome and to help out when needed. Rooms are very quiet overall, without the usual pipe-banging and such of many hotels. Staff are cheery and accommodating (pardon the pun).

Horrid, because I wasn't able to sleep at all.
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

Constant humming noise in my room, especially at pillow level when I was trying to sleep. There was an electrical room right next to my room!! Called the front desk, Ken, at midnight because I couldn't sleep. He did nothing to help me except say he would put in a work order the next day. They did not switch rooms for me. The hotel did nothing to reimburse me, even when I mentioned it the next morning. I will never stay here again, nor EVER give a good review because of their lack of caring. My iphone didn't work the next morning because the even the side table was vibrating.

The jacuzzi in my room was great.

Noise in London
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

Very noise with sport team families taking over the hotel. Noise from drunk parents and children playing in halls and stairwells. Called to voice my option on it bothering me, nothing done about it. Apparently lots of sports teams in London on weekends. My quiet anniversary weekend ruined.

Bed was very comfy but the pillows were very soft which led...
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Very soft, non-supporting pillows. Pineapple slices and melon slices ar breakfast were old/ tainted.

Bed was very comfy but the pillows were very soft which led to a sore neck. The option of two firm and two soft would be better. Room was very clean. Loved having a fridge and microwave available.

Very pleasant and impressive .Good value for a nice hotel.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

No complaints at all. It was a very pleasant stay and the extra hour until checkout was appreciated.

Nice quiet hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Hockey teams were staying there but there was no noise that we heard. It has been different in the past at other locations.

Very pleased overall, and we'll be returning.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The light on the desk is harsh on the eyes because of the slats in the shade that let the light through. Otherwise the lighting in the room is good. There was a bit of a moldy odour in the bathroom and some mold on shower walls.

The lady who runs the breakfast area is very cheerful and goes out of her way to make sure you're comfortable. Very nice breakfast choices. The cookies in the evening were delicious! I appreciated having the Bible in my room.

Hotel stay was exceptional...

Tea and Coffe maker in the bathroom...can it not be put anywhere better? Breakfast is like any other hotel in London, kinda wished for more variety etc.

Staff were very friendly and professional, the hotel looks great and so do the facilities. Place looks very clean. Check out was just as quick and simple as checking in!

The stay was comfortable and pleasant. The staff were great, helpful and knowledgeable about local
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Location; absence of a restaurant/bar/alcohol . The "isolated" location demands thst you have dining facilities.

Staff; breakfast, coffee.

A great room at the Hampton.
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

I had a hard time connecting to the Wifi. My anti virus kept saying it was an unsafe connection. I didn't really like the pillows.

Our room was nice and clean, and smelled fresh not stale. The A/C was already on and there were lots of towels available. We had a corner room with a Jacuzzi hot tub. It was relatively quiet on our floor. The breakfast was more than I expected with a good selection of items to eat and drink. We also enjoyed a later check out time.

Great , I will be returning to this hotel for sure
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Hot water during breakfast. It was warm instead of hot so the tea did not taste as good but that is a small inconvenience as the breakfast was simply superb.

Everything was great

Would stay here again as long as there weren't any teams staying
    • King Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the baseball teams running up and down the hallway until 3:30 AM. Drinking in the hallways and parking lot was a bit ridiculous.

I liked how friendly the staff were and how clean the rooms were

Breakfast was amazing.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely rude. The lady at the front desk was manually calculating taxes, got it wrong and wouldn't listen. Had to call booking.com so they could call and tell them the correct amount. Check your bill yourself when they are charging you.

Breakfast was amazing.

Short and sour
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

There wasn't enough to room for us to sleep. My grand son had to sleep on the floor. They wouldn't give me my corporate discount.

It was close to were we had to be

Wonderful overnight stay with yummy breakfast
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

This was a great hotel to stay at on our way to Ontario. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was one of the best buffets ever! Lots of variety and a great area to sit in and relax if one of you (me) gets up much earlier than your spouse. Room was great, bed was comfy, no complaints at all.

My stay with the Hampton was fantastic!!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner had a horrific rattle when the compressor kicked on.

The staff are awesome and very friendly. They helped me with everything I needed.

We will stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Nothing to do with the property but the hotel had a large group of young baseball players and parents in London for a baseball tournament for weekend and we found the children a bit loud and undisciplined in common areas such as pool and breakfast room. However it is more an issue of parental neglect than hotel accommodations.

Property was picked because of its location in London. Staff were welcoming, helpful and very pleasant during our stay. Room was excellent and we found the bed to one of the most comfortable we have experienced in our many years of travelling.

Try It You'll Like It---A Trite Phrase But True
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The ceiling fan in the bathroom was soooo loud I had to shut the door but even then it was too noisy.

-I have stayed in some of your other facilities in other places so the standards are very high. This is the best so far (present renovations not included in my calculations), better than the others---especially the comfortable bed and the breakfast. -Its nice to know that I can count on your standard of excellence whenever I see your signs, wherever I happen to go.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

For the most part, a great place to stay!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

My room was switched to another's name and card without contacting me to confirm. Thankfully the person was traveling with me or I would have been out a room!!

Convenient location to where we needed to be, great breakfast and friendly staff.

It was "ok"
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

Deposit for the room almost same price of the room....wasn't noted on their site. Nowhere to eat at breakfast. Jacuzzi very small

Breakfast was good. Staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

great place to stay
    • King Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

ham like rubber, scrambled eggs not so good, no strawberries or fruit for on my waffle

excellent friendly helpful staff, cleanliness everywhere, coffee and fruit excellent, tasty omelets, good choices for breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

I would stay here anytime I'm in London
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Nothing the place was amazing.

I called before going several times with several different questions and they were so great and when I arrived they remembered I was the one who had called and why.

6.0
    It was close to the 401.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The hot breakfast was one of the worst breakfast that I have had in a long time. The eggs were all dried out even when I waited for the so called fresh ones to come out. They used a pancake mix for their waffles.

It was close to the 401.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Pleasant stay.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

-The breakfast hours ended too early. -Room was too small for the amount of furniture in it.

-Beds were comfortable. -Room temperature was consistent throughout the night. -Bathroom very clean.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

the room was very comfortable.
    • King Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Scrambled Eggs were terrible. They tasted like powdered eggs which they probably were. Real eggs go a long way. Coffee was not very flavourful.

the room was very comfortable. Breakfast had good variety.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Very nice, close to highway, great complimentary breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately there was a loud droning sound coming from the washroom all night long that even with the door shut, still disturbed my sleep. I think it was a vent system left on in another room, or some vent glitch somewhere. It was not nice.

One of the best free breakfast stations I've seen in Ontario. Clean and well stocked. A variety of breads, yogurt, steam table, waffle maker, fruits (whole and sliced), jams, oatmeal with topping choices, juices and complimentary newspapers

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Clean, friendly

Wouldn't have changed anything

The blankets were comfy & warm, the room was spotless and the shower head worked amazing I wanted to take it home! I will defiantly be back the staff there is so friendly. Thank again

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Over run with young girls.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel was over run with your girls for ice skating event.There was noise out side our room until after 10pm and started by 6 in the morning. Then there were so many of them we could not get to the food for breakfast. Very disappointing.

Our room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Amazing!!!
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Chlorine smell coming in the entrance

Girls at front desk-Nicole and Victoria My 91 year old friend wasn't doing well so wanted her and her sister to sleep in their own beds-they suggested the adjoining room which worked out perfectly so I could check on her and everyone still have a reasonable night 's sleep!!! And the extra room was at a reasonable rate! Guys at check out really nice. Lady from kitchen especially friendly and most helpful! Would definitely come back!!!!! Have you ever considered a hot tub? Some hotels have salt water pools and hot tubs that aren't chlorine. Chlorine smell is strong when you enter the front door. Loved the bedding and comfort of mattress!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

I like the Hilton chain but I'll stay across the street next time at Homewood suites.
    • King Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Ummmm. So maybe it was the weekend we decided to stay. But the hotel was quite noisy with a lot of kids running around in the halls and stairwells. I think there must have been a tournament or something in town. I wasn't too impressed with the breakfast selection. So much so that my boyfriend and I ate out both mornings. The room was just okay. Not that big and a bit dark.

I liked the fact that it was off the highway and that it was within driving distance to a lot of places namely restaurants. The parking lot was nice and big and easy to get into and out of.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great stopover.
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Beds and bedding were top rate. It's great to get a good nights sleep on the road. Breakfast was well organized and plentiful. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Love Hampton Inns! Great accommodation and service!
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Different prices for different days should not have been used, especially if a room was booked for multiple days. The room should be given at the lowest price especially when bedding is not changed daily.

The staff was excellent especially Flo who looked after the complimentary breakfast and Duncan from the front desk. The hotel was modern, neat and clean as the beds comfy with their crisp white sheets. We loved the 24 hr complimentary coffee and the ice cooler lemon and orange water.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

The room was very clean, quiet and the bed was very...
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. We really enjoyed the hot breakfast. The service was great and very friendly staff. We will go back again.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Home away from home in London
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Nothing..it fits our needs exactly.

It's so convenient and super accessible. Easy for us to move in and out with ease. This is probably our 4th or 5th stay over the years and it's predictably comfortable and secure. Home away from home.

Nice hotel

The blanket not smooth and comfortable

The blanket not smooth and comfortable

worth your money
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

the hotel is very clean. the staff is very friendly. the location is good for the midway rest and relax.

I would highly recommend this hotel!!
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Beautiful rooms, comfy beds!!

I enjoyed the stay. No complaints
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

Nice room with the huge jet tub Big walk in shower Comfortable bed and pillows

Awesome...will be back!
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Everything it was awesome.

Pool very small
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Pool very small No hot tub

It was ok
    • King Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

The pillows were very flat & uncomfortable & the breakfast was aweful

To far from university hospital for the amount of trips I...
    • Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

To far from university hospital for the amount of trips I made back and forth.

Living up to Hampton's name
    • Deluxe Corner King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was located a little further than I wanted to.

Mostly the bed! The shoe shine wipe was a wonder!

Nice stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Friendly staff and very clean .

• Queen Room with Work Area - Non-Smoking

Cold pool but clean room

The pool was over cold

Clean

5 kids amd the po was perfect

Nothing at all

Happy staff, great room

The staff were amazing.

My stay was just great, thank you guys.

Eggs

Comfy room, great customer service