Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton/West 3 stars

18304 100 Avenue, T5S 2V2 Edmonton, Canada

#17 of 103 hotels in Edmonton

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Excellent stay. Everything was above our expectations!
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Nothing. We were happy with everything

We're a family of 5 and we're very impressed by the size and layout of the room we booked, especially for the price. Breakfast was also included, and the staff were great. Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Nice, comfortable, convenient stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A few parts of the self-serve complimentary breakfast were mediocre: the sausages were a little withered and tasteless, the scrambled eggs were powdery, and the ham was rubbery. However, every other part of the breakfast (waffles, cereal, oatmeal, biscuits, bagels, waffles, fruit, juices) was really good.

The breakfast was well-organized and replenished regularly so there was lots for everyone. The jacuzzi and pool were clean and enjoyable. The rooms were comfortable, well-appointed, and very clean.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

It wa the bonus of a work trip. Felt like I was on a mini vacation.

No complaints. The weather ?! It was very cold outside. It also snowed....

The hotel was very clean and the staff were lovely. The breakfast was a wonderful surprise. Great selection and variety. The breakfast staff was very helpful and right on cleaning everything and restocking. The 24 coffee was also a treat. Being there for work the coffee was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Very comfy bed, everything super-clean, all staff really...

Turns out, this is more of a family-friendly hotel than one catering to the business community.

Very comfy bed, everything super-clean, all staff really friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

5.5
    Just OK.

Bathrooms had traces of mildue. Close to road and got road noise in the room. Could not sleep well. Difficulty in adjusting room temperature with fan directed right onto bed. Do not rencognais aeroplan or points because booked on booking.com.

Comfort of bed.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Wonderful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Spent two nights with my grand children and was able to use swimming pool at night Beds so comfy huge room. Staff so welcoming. Great breakfast. We will definitely be back on our next visit from Ireland 🇮🇪

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Awesome stay

The cot and pull out couch mattresses were terribly uncomfortable. You could feel the springs.

Despite the large group that we had over a span of 3 days and 2 room rentals, the staff we're extremely patient and helpful. They provided us with a comforter to give extra padding to the cot. They immediately offered to store our Ikea purchases in their storage room. They insisted on upgrading our King room to a suite, and despite the amount of times we needed room keys as one of the kids lost one, there was no issues. The food was amazing! Our kids, especially enjoyed the waffles.

Good room, unlimited good coffee, delightful breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We got charged a way more than what we had booked at. We had to phone to get this straightened out.

Good room, unlimited good coffee, delightful breakfast.

Great experience-have stayed several times

Friendly staff Complimentary breakfast- service excellent. Enjoyed hot tub

I was greeted by two very friendly staff.

I was greeted by two very friendly staff. They signed me up for the Honors Membership and upgraded my goon at no charge. It was clean and comfortable. I will stay again!

Almost Perfect!

The fans in the room are a bit too loud. I had to shut it off to rest, but the room became too warm.

This hotel is clean and friendly! The rooms have nice decor and are spacious.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Overpriced, doubled charged, gravely upsetting. And they didn't release my security deposit.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The children's mushroom toy in the pool wasn't functioning. And that was a big part of me booking there. So my children could play with their uncle. I didn't like that I was charged by booking.com and then again by the hotel for 250 dollars. That was not cool. And I'm still looking for the root of who ripped me off there. As I probably won't be using either service after this. Regarding how terrible my experience actually was with the both of them. The Tub was small. The phone key card didn't work. And dont get room service cause its extraordinarily small portions for 50 bucks. I intended to feed my children with that amount of money. And barely got enough to feed my son and his uncle. Poor impressions were made the the hotel and booking.com

I liked the kindness of the reception. The coffee station and the tea. Loved the comfort of the rooms and the roominess. Loved the breakfast selection. All very pleasing.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

We had a good time, and were comfortable.

It’s not that we “didn’t like” it but we were there for our anniversary and there were multiple teams of kids everywhere, it made it hard to relax with not a lot of quiet.

I left my iPad by accident and they made it easy to get it back, just the fact that I got it back was amazing. We also appreciated the chocolate covered Strawberries waiting in our room for us, it was a nice gesture.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good breakfast, close to Hwy 216 and West Edmonton Mall.

Bed too soft for our preference. Walk in shower with sliding door was dated, and needed a CLR cleaning. In our king room, #224, the bed faced the window and the air conditioning blew too directly onto you, rather than across your feet.

Good breakfast, close to Hwy 216 and West Edmonton Mall. Friendly and helpful front desk staff. In room safe handy for travellers.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Always a pleasure to say at the Hampton
    • King Accessible Room - Non Smoking

The only real complaint we had was at check-in. Please have good English speakers on the desk. The person we had, although pleasant, was not familiar with the computer program and we had difficulty understanding her. It was necessary for the other person at the desk (English speaking) to assist her.

The hotel was very pleasant and our room was spacious. The bathroom was huge. Good night's rest...quiet...air conditioned. The breakfast area was also pleasant and a variety of breakfast foods. Parking close to hotel and many spots.

Great stay!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is great! Second stay and we will stay here again. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was okay. Lots of options. The bed is great. Nice and comfy. Close to WEM.

Perfect for a work trip

Nothing, it was really nice.

Even though a school group was staying, the layout of the rooms was such that I found it very quiet. The windows open, which is really really nice. The free tea/coffee/hot chocolate in the lobby is also great.

Good as usual bt pricey
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Front Desk Staff was talking to someone outside from 11:30pm to 3am when I finally called down and said we have had enough of listening to them outside our window.

The Pool and Hot Tub we have stayed here 3 times already and have always enjoyed it.

One staff in particular Amyn went above and beyond in his...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One staff in particular Amyn went above and beyond in his efforts to be kind and courteous. The staff in general were polite and kind and willing to help with anything.

Great hotel
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The rooms were very spacious. Was a different setup than what I was used to but it was very nice. It made it really easy for my friends and I to have a great time.

The breakfast was really good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were uncomfortable. Didn’t relalize you had to request a fridge. Thought they were in all suits so the food we brought went bad.

The breakfast was really good. And the pool was a bonus. Hot tube was perfect temp.

Great amenities!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Super busy property so hotel was noisy, no fridge in the room.

The Hot Tub, breakfast and beds we comfy. Pool was great as well. Coffee station in lobby was awesome!

Coffee and hot water served at lobby.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Mini refrigerator is like a cooler. Too small and not cold. Sofa bed is not comfortable. We asked for a mettress to put on the top of the bed.

Coffee and hot water served at lobby. Room size is big.

Big room, great service & value
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast wasn't the best. But did have lots of food choices for a free breakfast

Suite with 2 queens was a really big room and perfect for a family with more than 2 kids. Lots of room to spread out and also noticed there was a connecting room next to it if needed for bigger families. Requested crib was set up for us on arrival. The shallow splash pool was great for our baby. Also, the room service food was fast and delicious. Loved the coffee, tea, hot chocolate station in the lobby

Disappointed-won’t stay again.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner didn’t work in the room. Checking in was unpleasant as we don’t have a credit card so the one employee would have basically made us go somewhere else unless another employee hadn’t stepped up and helped us. I don’t think we will stay here again and it was always our go to hotel.

The pool and toddler splash area is always nice.

I was disappointed when we checked in and there was no...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed when we checked in and there was no fridge or microwave. The pillows need up graded as well as the bed. We also couldn’t find a spot in the breakfast room to sit. It was pretty much always full. (Maybe need to expand to accommodate more people)

Absolutely lovely!

Everything was wonderful. The staff was extremely helpful and wonderful. We really appreciated that they gave us some bananas for our kiddos for bedtime snacks - since we had forgot some. It's a small thing - but was a total lifesaver for us!

We were very impressed with this hotel and will definitely be repeat guests!
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff were super friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and very spacious. Loved the pool area for my kids especially the toddler splash area. The breakfast was excellent with great variety.

Great stay! Will come back!

The smell in my room. I'm sensitive to smells due to asthma, so had to air room out. No tub in room? I didn't know hotels didn't have tubs in the room. Will check next time.

stay was great!

Nice but not amazing.

The room was set up at an awkward angle if wanting to watch TV from bed. The inner bar of the shower door was broken but we reported it when we left so hopefully it will be repaired quickly. The fan was outside our window and we thought it was trucks driving by all night. It would have been nice to have a couple more pillows on the bed for sitting up and my husband hated the pillows he had.

The breakfast was excellent with a good variety and they changed it both days we were there. The evening desk attendant was super friendly and we enjoyed visiting with her. The room was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. The location was central to the places we needed to be.

Nice and clean.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needs more seating in pool area.....free water wouid be nice.

Nice and clean. Updated....helpful friendly staff.....will definatly visit again if in the area! And super close to the mall and lots If stores and restaurants!!

A weekend away in Edmonton
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little soft for me but I tend to like my mattress on the firm side. The bedding was great however.

The breakfast was great. The room was clean and a good size. The shower got hot! Pool was great to play in. We would stay here again.

Short distance to the West Ed. Quiet, Clean & Comfortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had a bit of trouble regulating the temperature in our room, but nothing that would stop us from staying here again.

The breakfast staff was super friendly.

We enjoyed our stay-all was good! Was nice to be five minutes away from West Edmonton Mall.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was ice and frost on one the walls in our room.

The free breakfast was good- pretty good selection of food. The staff working at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean.

Staff was great, need to look at the heating systems and put more money into the breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cold blasting from the furnace every 15 min, beds were uncomfortable and kept sliding apart. And the elevator noise was waking us up

Breakfast was not the best and it was hard to get through the hordes of people

Christmas time visit
    • King Accessible Room - Non Smoking

Bed was very comfortable. Really enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and Freida in the Breakfast room was great to chat with. Very pleased with the front desk staff also.

Comfortable, immaculately clean hotel with good service!

The staff was excellent They arranged it so we could stay near our family who were also staying at the hotel The breakfast was excellent They had eggs, sausage, and pancakes as well as many more choices.

It was ok but way over priced.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool was WAY too cold you couldn't stand being in it longer then 10 mins and the hot tub was cooler then I would make my bath water. I also asked upon my reservation to be near the pool and we were placed on the 3rd floor and 2 doors away from the end of that hall. Also found the pillows to be way too flat.

Was quiet

Very impressed with the cleanliness and the hotel staff were very friendly. Very close to the mall.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very clean, nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was very good. Very impressed with this hotel would stay again and look for a Hampton to stay at in other locations.

Comfortable, elegant, relaxing and most friendly hotel we have ever stayed in.

The eggs hahaha

The staff was awesome, so friendly and very personable, you felt when they had a conversation with you that it was genuine not fake or forced. Everything about our visit was perfect, from the staff to the rooms. The pool was open later than other hotels we have stayed at so there was no pressure after being out and about visiting friends and coming back and needing to rush in before it closes.... that made it so much more relaxing for us. Our family loved it and will be back, we would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Modest value, modest facility, nothing special
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast staff was rude and short. And breakfast was not well kept and quite dirty. Stock depleted quickly was slow replenishment.

The room was clean and beds were comfortable. The pool was fun.

Great stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough tables for breakfast room. No mini fridge (not usually a problem but when travelling with kids it seems more of an issue).

Free breakfast with good selection. Coffee available in foyer 24/7. Pool was great. Location is excellent. Staff were professional and friendly. Soaps, shampoos etc were of very good quality.

So glad we chose this hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

had to park at the back of the lot. That's a good sign that the hotel is popular, but IO had mobility concerns but I managed

friendly staff, soft pillows and comfortable bed, great breakfast

Our stay was awesome.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Too much for our toddler to get into in the room. Pool ran out of towels quickly.

The pool was awesome for kids and the king suit fit our family of five well. Staff was amazing. Breakfast was great!

Fabulous!!

Everything was great!

The staff was friendly! The price is great. As a lrg family there was lots of space in the room for us to function. Having a fridge and microwave is very handy as our family has food allergies, and eating out is difficult and exspensive. The kitchen was awesome at providing gluten free food for breakfast.

Really positive experience
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The first night I asked for extra pillows and they were all out.

The size of the room was great. I loved the fact they had a little kid area in the pool.

The on site breakfast staff was super nice and kept it very...
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That the aqua bistro wasn't on site, when ordered room service it was served in take out containers making the food soggy-ish upon arrival.

The on site breakfast staff was super nice and kept it very clean, made sure the food was always stocked up and checked on us at the table to make sure everything was good. Front desk staff catered to our every needs. Loved that it is super close to WEM and all other main attractions. Also, Olive Garden is just a few blocks away. :)

It was a great hotel with comfy beds, nice staff, and great amenities. I'd go back!

See above.

The hot breakfast selection was great and we enjoyed the coffee and hit chocolate late at night. Also liked getting the paper downstairs. For some reason many rooms received a paper outside their door in the morning but we did not.☹️

Beds were comfy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Garbage in main area was overflowing onto the floor. Our view was facing the overflowing garbage bin outside.

Beds were comfy. Complimentary breakfast was great. Staff was very friendly.

Awesome beds
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room thermostat only kept the air conditioning going if it sensed someone in the room. At night the air con didn't kick in and it was way too hot.

The bed is comfortable, breakfast is awesome and staff are welcoming.

Family Friendly & great customer service!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning in our room we had trouble trying to turn it off or even down? Not sure why buttons didn't seem to work. Other than that no complaints we had great customer service!

Awesome Breakfast included in price especially for families this is great! Pool area was great too big space and towels and bathroom in pool area are always a bonus. Also the schedule for the pool was great some hotels close pools too soon so thanks for later hours in the pool area.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Disappointed
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We had to ask for bedding for the hide a bed. There were 5 of us. They just brought the bedding & we had to make it up. We ran out of toilet paper. Breakfast was awful. Pool was ok. No restaurant on site.

Will be back!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This property is in the most excellent location, near to the West Edmonton mall, highways, restaurant next door is top class. The breakfast was amazing, so many choices every day. We stayed for one week, and it was our home away from home. All the staff there gave us such respect. Katherine at the front desk was very helpful to us. We love to stay there, and will definitely be back!

Not returning

Room only had a shower and no tub, no fridge or microwave, no bathroom fan so very muggy when using shower, bed was sagging in the middle so you kept rolling in to the middle. And the temperature was very hot and couldn't be regulated.

Nice pool.

accomadations was good quite a mix up on paying the hotel...

the bed was to soft and the wifi was hard to get logged on

accomadations was good quite a mix up on paying the hotel upon check in . was handled poorly a misunderstanding on there part

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Great stay except for being chased from pool area by very large group of poorly behaved children
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

While at the pool it was filled immediately by a group of over 50 children who were not well supervised. Their poor behaviour forced our children from the pool. Our children were disappointed that they weren't able to swim longer.

Breakfast options were very good Staff was very friendly Facility was clean and the beds were comfortable

Friendly staff, clean & comfortable rooms, great...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was closed for maintenance the whole time we were there and that was one of the main reasons we chose to stay there.

Friendly staff, clean & comfortable rooms, great breakfast.

It was quite noisy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was quite noisy. I called down to front desk twice at 10:30 pm and again 11 for kids. Nothing was done. Very disappointed with only 4 hours of sleep

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Happy stay at the Hampton Inn an
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No evening meal available- had to go out.Hampton Inn and Suites

Warm welcome, efficient, early check in. Spacious, well appointed, quiet room. Suggested places for evening meal, generous breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Freda in the breakfast room was super friendly and helpful...
    • 2 Queen Beds Accessible Room -Non Smoking

It would have been nice to have a fridge in the room. Also, we ran out of toilet paper, not that we used a lot (we were not there over the entire day) and had to go to the front desk for more. We did not know about the manager meet and greet until after it happened and that would have been nice to go to. One evening of our four, the hot tub was cold.

Freda in the breakfast room was super friendly and helpful she made it memorable,in general- all staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

No window view
    • 2 Queen Beds Accessible Room -Non Smoking

Able to see outside when looking out window and more comfy chairs and a table rooms are big enough for more furniture

No phone books not enough furniture and window was totally blocked very very disappointed will never stay there again

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

I loved that I could get a hot cup of tea downstairs when...
    • 2 Queen Beds Accessible Room -Non Smoking

Our room was located beside the elevators. It was very loud.

I loved that I could get a hot cup of tea downstairs when needed. Checking in and out was easy, staff were efficient. The room was clean and the price was very reasonable.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Will come back to Hampton Inns & Suites
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can't think of anything. Seriously.

Room was clean and smelled fresh. Bed was comfy. Staff at front desk and breakfast station were excellent. Very nice people. Made us feel welcome. Food was very good, especially the omelets. The location is great. Not far from shopping. Thank for making our stay so pleasant.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Good hotel but a bit expensive for what you get.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mattresses slid across the bed too easily and the pillows were terrible. There was no hot water for a second person to have a Shower in the morning.

Good selection of breakfast items.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Would stay again

There was a young hockey team staying and at check in the front desk worked hard to move us to a floor without the noise. Very much appreciated!

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

The choices for breakfast although for a person with medusa...

The amount of noise at night. Non stop traffic, a dog barking inside and sounds from other hotel rooms.

The choices for breakfast although for a person with medusa concerns there was not a lot of sugar free options.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Loud rooms but nice hotel and good breakfast!

There was no fan for the bathroom to aid in noise elimination, and the doors were banging all morning from a team that was packing up and people in the halls. It made it for early mornings when we're were getting away from our kids for the first time in 5 years. Also I could hear a complete conversation of my neighbours while they were in their washroom and showering- word for word... walls too thing

Coffee bar Breakfast hours Room size

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

The Hotel is nice yet this stay is not as i was expecting from previous stays.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff used to be more welcoming. The breakfast is not taking into considerations that there are Vegetarian people or People who are not eating certain types of meat, which is a main composition of most dishes!

-Location -Staff "in general" are freindly

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Other choices, maybe?
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was just ok. The powdered scrambled eggs were disgusting. Too many carbs as your selection. When will hotels get that people who only drink tea don't like our water heated through a coffee machine. The use of paper cups in the room for everything, even a glass of wine ,lowers this hotel to a motel 6 level hence my rating of value. There are so many other choices on this strip.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Beds were awesome
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Fan was too strong and loud Missed a small fridge

Beds were awesome

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Everything else

Pool

Everything else

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Very friendly and helpful staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No kettle in room to make tea and no milk in fridge

Very friendly and helpful staff

Middle of the road

No restaurant for dinner. No robe or sandals to go to the pool. Small dated tv

Rooms, beds bathrooms

No fanNorman in bathroomi

Great staff, comfortable beds, accommodating

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Great family place!
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Just wish it had a waterslide, no big deal though.

The breakfast was awesome, the coffee stations, the customer service, and the room.