Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Montreal-Dorval 4 stars

1900 Trans-Canada Highway, H9P 2N4 Dorval, Canada

#6 of 19 hotels in Dorval

Overall, danielle at the front desk/s was helpful and David seems to enjoy his job! The cleaners A+

The breakfast was the same spread for the stay except in stead of ham one day they put sausage. The taters were under cooked as observed by many patrons. Once I acknowledged it the chef expressed theres many ppl to feed and that he needed to meet demand. Despite it being under cook he fluffed it off. Then there were no gluten free options/when i asked for lactose or almond milk I was told nope. So I ate an apple and juice while my family ate the options.

Good selections for someone that has no allergies or dietary restrictions.

I will be back
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Mattress,and sausages,potatoes were to spicy

Breakfast was good,food should,be less spicy couldn't eat the potatoes,sausages,and the bacon less crispy it was,like a potatoes chip,but over all breads where good oatmeal great and coffee excellent,for the bed room just the mattress should be firmer other then that staff is amazing so friendly always a smile on there faces. PS pool was great and and the gym was great too.

That’s the only hotel who charge money in advance more than...
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

That’s the only hotel who charge money in advance more than we were suppose to pay at end and it has been 5 days since they credit our refund total waste of time

The location was great .

The breakfast could of offered a little more options.

The location was great . The staff. Very friendly and helpful. I get the location and they upgraded my room.

All in all, pleasant stay.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Minor detail, but there should have been a menu/guide on the TV to help with channel choice. It was nice to get a rare smoking room, but there were no ashtrays available.

Beds were comfortable.

Perfect in every way!

I asked for an earlier check in and the hotel was able to accommodate me, which was awfully nice of them. The free breakfast was very well laid out and plentiful. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if i'm ever back in the area.

The room and location was great, we were just very...
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was terrible. Too busy and the food kept on running out, cold eggs and very little selection.

The room and location was great, we were just very disappointed with the breakfast.

Paper thin walls
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The walls are paper thin, the beds were not that comfortable, we had no choice to get a 2nd floor room due to the dogs ( their policies) and we had people up from us jumping until 10h30 pm that kept us awake. We had to call front desk 3 times and had to inform them that if the matter was not taken care of we would go up and call police. Then, it stopped. We had to wake up early for a karate competition and we were all tired!

Close to everything and we could bring our 2 dogs with us. We had a big room and 140$ for a night wasn’t too bad. Pool and gym were great. Free Breakfast is a great add on.

Very nice staff. Very clean and reasonable price. Close to the Airport.

The bar could be a bit fancier. The bartender was however very nice and helpful.

Very nice staff. Very clean and reasonable price. Very close to the airport with a shuttle available upon request.

Excellent. Would definitely stay again
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

They served hot water and coffee throughout the day but the water/ coffee was not hot.

Breakfast was good. Plenty of options. Hotel room was very spacious and clean.

Disappointing.

Our room wasn’t heated before we arrived late at night and was very basic for the money.

Schuttle from airport and to rail station. But further away than anticipated.

Weekend guests need to be housed separately from athletic tournaments!

No American bacon in the 4 mornings we were there... place loaded with little kids coughing, sneezing etc all over the food, tables etc... hockey tournament...halls crowded and noisy.. pool crowded and

Yet Another Pleasant Stay
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

A little noisy at times because several youth hockey teams were staying at the hotel but it wasn't bad.

Convenient location. Good breakfast. Helpful staff. Hotel had shovels available for guests to use to dig out their cars -- had about a foot of snow overnight during visit. Have stayed here on several occasions and would definitely return.

Really the only thing is that it was super busy at the breakfast due to the New Years holidays. Could have had extra staff for the breakfast to accommodate how busy it was

I liked everything !! It was great !

Good experience after a shaky start

Arrived ar airport at 12:30 pm By the time we got to the pick up spot for the shuttle ,t,we were informed that we were too late Shuttle was not running after 1 am We should take a cab at our own expense Got to the hotel at 1;50 am at a $27 expense We were not happy Would never have booked this hotel if we had known that the shuttle does not run at night However ,after a discussion Manager kindly refunded our money for the taxi Kudos to her

Room dated but clean and comfortable Bed excellent Breakfast was great ( we didn,t have dinner the night before) Breakfast area was attractive and comfortable Good selection of food Manager and front desk staff were both very pleasant and helpful

It was nice service was great but the price would have us try a different hotel next.

That our room was so far to the back of the hotel very far walk. I did find it expensive for not a stay longer than twelve hours.

Loved that we arrived late and it was no problem. My daughter had to leave before 5am and the gentleman at the desk made sure there was two bagged breakfast ready for them to take. Breakfast was lovely dark roast coffee was delicious.

I'd do it again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The pillows were aweful. Too soft and mushy. Too far away from shopping and restaraunts

Very clean. Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was very good.

Very nice but expensive.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

No glasses in room, only cardboard cups. Ditto for breakfast menu - no china cups, only cardboard. Cardboard is bad for human health.

Nice large room, bed seemed soft but worked well.

Considering finding other accommodations even thought this facility is the closest to my office.

On my arrival the front desk clerk could not find my confirmation number from your company. Therefore there was no room available for me! They had one room left and it was a smoking room. At 7.30 pm I was not going to drive around to find another room since I had an early morning departure. Could not sleep all night since my allergies were activated by the odour. The clerk was as helpful as she could be ( Lucia) under the circumstances. She did take a copy of my confirmation document to give to her manager.

Exceptionally well run hotel that provides a great value, would definitely visit again.

Gym can use more equipment. Wish there were more restaurants near by(walking distance).

Staff were excellent, breakfast buffet was excellent, parking was great, rooms were nice and clean, coffee was very good!, omelettes excellent, food variety each day changed slightly which was nice, food tasted very good, eggs were well cooked. Very Happy.

I would return to this hotel, as I am a loyal customer of Hampton Inn & Suites and the Hilton brand.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice for this hotel to offer slippers to its guests, as I am accustomed to receiving a pair of slippers upon entry into my room at previous Hilton hotels, but it is not a big deal.

I loved that this hotel had complimentary breakfast for all guests! The food was delicious and the staff very courteous, especially the kitchen staff and the receptionists!!!

best hotel in montreal
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

i liked everything..once you walk in..youre family..

everything at this hotel is perfect..from now on when i go to montreal.this is where i will stay.this is my favorite place..close to everything.bed are comfy..its clean but most of all..the staff is friendly..they greet you like you were family...defenatly the best hotel i stayed in around montreal.

Hotel was clean, good size room

I will never use booking . Com again, this is the worst website ever, I needed to change hotels it was not possible - Need to pay 100% cancellation fee Do not ever use this site, worst on the internet Stay away !

Hotel was clean, good size room

Hotelrefused to credit my Hilton Honors no for the stay stating that I should have booked

Hotel refused to credit my Hilton Honors no for the stay stating that I should have booked directly with them instead of Booking.com. Please do correct this urgently as I need my points!

Other than the dust, everything was excellent.

Dust ... when using a flashlight during the night to get to the washroom, the dust on the radio/alarm clock as well as some of the furniture surprised me ... very dusty.

Breakfasst included in the price. Location near major highway

Cheap easy clean. Good for big groups
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

All the taxes that bump up the final price, these should be in the quote. Not the quietest of hotels. Good earplugs required.

Nice big room, easily slept 5 adults Check in easy and quick Lots or free parking. 10 mins from airport

room was nice, fridge and microwave, bathroom was a good...

AC was a bit loud and the curtains didn't touch the bottom of the window frame.

room was nice, fridge and microwave, bathroom was a good size, felt spacious. Staff were super helpful, help luggage for nothing for as long as you wanted and still organised a shuttle to the airport for you

Bed was ok, but not super.

The soundproof rooms were not sound proof. We could hear people talking in the hall quite late and there was some machinery running, perhaps we were too close to the elevators.

Bed was ok, but not super.

Clean property in a convenient location

Breakfast items (including coffee) were not refilled in time, created crowded breakfast area.

Very clean hotel. Staff are friendly and accommodating. The location is close to the highway but you would need a car to get to the city. Hot breakfast items like eggs, sausages, waffles.

it is a relatively "remote" location for my...

it is a relatively "remote" location for my purpose as I was travelling back to the airport the next day. No acceptable restaurants around. Had to order "delivery" food - it was not eatable (Chinese restaurant).

Another wonderful stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Dorval
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I do not have any recommendations.

Fantastic, helpful, friendly staff, that go far and beyond for the guest that stay at the hotel. The hotel is clean and well kept. We have stayed at this hotel in the past and it is always the same. I have never had a bad experience staying here. Close to downtown Montreal, restaurants, and shopping.

I had a lovely pleasant room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

The Air Conditioning system was on when I came to the room and the temperature was rather cold, but I was able locate the reason for the coolness of the room and solved the problem.

I had a lovely pleasant room

Anthony on the front desk was very helpful in getting us to...

Signage on the 40 service road could be improved. It is unclear that the service road continues beyond Boul. des Sources.

Anthony on the front desk was very helpful in getting us to a good resaurant for supper.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Fine hotel, excellent staff, good breakfast buffet

The bed was extremely comfortable, and the room was very clean. The front desk staff was friendly, efficient, professional, courteous, and very helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who needed to be not too far from the airport.

Comfortable choice for over nite stay.

Occasionally noisy guests in the corridors.

Excellent location. Free parking. Staff were cheerful and pleasant. Large rooms and 2 beds make it a comfortable stay. Hot and cold breakfast choices.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

The breakfast was fantastic.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Our key didn't work properly on second day.

The breakfast was fantastic. Loved the free cookies at night and the fact that there was coffee & hot water always available.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Clean comfortable modern - value for money

Nil

Beds and facilities were wonderful and very much apppreciated after 20 hour flight getting here. Property is clean comfortable and modern. Our fist time to Canada and my daughter says she loves Canada and we're only at the hotel - haven't gone past the front door yet. Now this is her favorite place to stay. We were lucky enough to see snow - I guess this is normal for Canadian winter. Super cute coffee cup collars.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Great stay! Very nice staff!
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I wanted to have some warm water because well it's winter. Had to use the terrible small coffeemaker. Could have used a few more tea bags in the room.

The beds were very comfortable. The room was clean and very spacious. The hotel is close to the highway so very easy access.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Beautiful and comfortable room.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The location is very difficult to get to.

Our king-size suite was fantastic. It was very spacious,clean and comfortable. The bathroom was big and had lots of towels. The hot breakfast was good too. It was by far the nicest hotel we stayed in.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Excellent Choice for airport conveniece
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

excellent place to stay before leaving on an early flight the next morning. Service and the breakfast were superior! We appreciated being picked up at the car rental after checking in and then getting us to the airport the next morning. We definitely would stay again when we return to Montreal.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Hampton's are our favourite!

The biggest challenge is finding it - Montreal is not the easiest city to navigate and if you miss the exit you have to drive quite far to get turned around. That's not the hotel's fault.

We typically find Hampton Inns very good and since this is a fairly new hotel, everything was great.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Convenient location off of the highway.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The quality of the bed and pillows were poor. The cot we requested was in terrible condition with a completely torn cover. The room had a bad odour.

Convenient location off of the highway.

OK except for booking confusion on July 7

Front desk staff

Great Staff, comfortable rooms.

Great Staff, comfortable rooms. Breakfast was just enough

Its too far from the airport, and if you come from a long...

Its too far from the airport, and if you come from a long trip its something that you want to get to your room asap

Excellent place for the price
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds are comfortable and the service was very good.

very easy location to reach the Airport.

I left too early to enjoy the facilities of the hotel

very easy location to reach the Airport... spotless clean place

Clean, quiet and friendly.

Breakfast wasnt that great. Brown bananas and a big mess everywhere.

Fast and easy check in, comfy and clean room. Easy to find. Good value.

Pleasant

Not a breakfast person

Breakfast was adequate

Great place
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

Clean, easy access to several restaurants.

Far from downtown

Far from downtown

Facilities

Facilities

We were just there overnight after a flight, so really just saw our room and the breakfast room, bu.

Breakfast wasn't stellar, but reasonably typical for American chain buffet breakfast.

Clean and comfortable

The accomodations were adequate, the staff was nice, the restaurant for breakfast was good.

The mattress was not so comfortable and the pillows were to flat

The location, close to the autoroute

Ok

The cafeteria. Not bar

The. Heat. The reception desk

Beds are too soft

Beds are too soft

Very nice staff and close to the airport
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Smell of chlorine was to much For me to stay in the pool room Some kids not watched by adults screaming

STAFF at the front

Good hotel.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Heater fan is noisy. Had to setup Wi-Fi password daily for each device

Good breakfast

Your add was misleading about park and fly and absolutely the worst customer service

Everthing

Very happy with my stay.
    • King Room - Smoking

Fast and friendly service

best

great location

The coffee was not the brown water usually supplied with...
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The coffee was not the brown water usually supplied with breakfast! It was quite good.

The breakfast eas basic with limited choice of food.

The breakfast eas basic with limited choice of food.

Perfect

a little dated

pillows

Staff very nice and very good service

The room is getting old and it’s smell a little mouldy but clean

Staff very nice and very good service

It was nice and short
    • King Room - Smoking

Lots of kids running around not too fast internet

The good staff

hospitality

hospitality

I'm pleased to say the breakfast was better than expected

a bit more assistance regarding the location of the shuttle would have been helpful

I'm pleased to say the breakfast was better than expected

Distance from airport.

Distance from airport.

Access to locations,i.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Getting to frontage road. That info was not available on any of our literature.

Access to locations,i.e. rooms, breakfast, etc

breakfast

bathroom had dirty black footprints on check-in, my wife cleaned up. We should not have to do that.

breakfast

Its was a very good stay at this hotel.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet were my room was located.

I would not recommend this place

Extra charges without explanation. I had to call the hotel

The beguels were delicious