Reviews of Hampton Inn Toronto-Mississauga 3 stars

7040 Edward Boulevard, L5S 1Z1 Mississauga, Canada

#37 of 48 hotels in Mississauga

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Disappointed with the hotel which we considered to be substandard for a Hampton property. C
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Assigned room next to elevator. Movement sounds of elevator doors opening and closing in evening and early morning. Hot breakfast on second day was pork and beans and bacon. Small breakfast area. Waffle maker was not working. Furniture looked tired.

Location. Close to wedding reception. Cleaning staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

degrading and not disability friendly, will not stay at hilton or hamption any more on my business
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Have a disability, arrived to notice the bath tub was jet stream walk up 3 steps, then get in tub for shower. also on an elevator wall, noise all night, was on a business trip needed sleep. asked for different room, was told yes and check back in 2 hours. did this, and was told no other room available. was degrading to have to shower and crawl up dangerous steps to get in an old tub to shower. was not sleeping well and what ever they sprayed the rooms with has to stop. clean dont cover with smells. my maid was wonderful, she helped and did not spray. doors taped open in lobby not locked, did not feel secure

my maid, sweet girl. parking included location easy bed comfy tidy hotel friendly servers in pantry area

Very relaxing

The staff was incredibly helpful. I had a flight cancelled, they were prompt to facilitate me a line through which I could call the airline to investigate what happened. I was able to solve this incovenience fairly quickly thanks to the consierge's assistance. They also called a cab for me on checkout, which was really nice. The cab driver was really pleasant and very professional. Dealing with payments can be stressful. I was worried about the currency/fees and other problems that could arise. I had only an internal debit card on me and some cash (not in the local currency). I was super glad payments were handled by the hotel booking website I used to book the room I would be staying.

Location and easy parking space.
    • Queen Room

Check in went smooth front desk was very good. After checking the bed my wife found hair on the bed sheet but we were given a new room after we let them know. Bed was comfortable parking and location was very good. Overall it is good for the price.

Location and easy parking space.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Hampton?
    • Queen Room

Property in need of serious refurb, especially bathrooms. The breakfast zone gets chaotic in the morning with people bumping into each other thanks to design.

I am trying to think, but for now, the hot breakfast egg selection thankfully changes.

Great value for money

The facilities was old . Refrigerator was frozen with no control . It damaged my fruits and food I have. The drainage of bath tube was slightly blocked and difucult for draining thr shower water. Cleaning need to be more for rooms .

The hotel location was good , the staff was helpful and wonderful. The room size was good.

The concierge was very helpful.
    • Queen Room

The toilet kept getting blocked up. We had to call management 3x that morning it became a bit inconvenient.

The concierge was very helpful. I appreciate that they gave me a toothbrush when I forgot mine.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The people where nice and friendly and the breakfast was...
    • Queen Room

Just look like it needed updating like carpet and few other think that could be touched up.

The people where nice and friendly and the breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Not worth what I paid. Needs up keep.
    • Queen Room

Old rooms. Bed not comfortable. Smoke alarm went off when showering with door open. Clogged drain in bathtub Shower handle comes off. Dingy looking room 119

Good customer service Location

It’s a great quiet hotel that’s easy to just rest in.

We had to get our cards to our rooms reprogrammed twice because the first time, the door was dead to a room we got. Then to our new room the card worked and to the pool but after the pool, the cards stopped working and we couldn’t get into our room, so the cards had to be reprogrammed. Other than that, this place is amazing!

It’s a great quiet hotel that’s easy to just rest in. The rooms are clean. The staff is very helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good Locale

They were booked I wanted a third night but it was my fault should have tried the day before.

Everything the pool being open past closing good to keep kids busy. Clean everywhere, fantastic place to stay.

Almost a true 'cut' above the rest.
    • Queen Room

The transition strip between the bathroom and hallway was missing. Carpet tacks were exposed but hard to see in the carpet fringes. One was extremely sharp and cut my daughter's foot. (I carry a small first aid kit so all was cleaned up for her. But limited dancing at the wedding the next day as her foot hurt.) Left a note for housekeeping the next morning suggesting to fix it before the next guest arrival.

The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean, breakfast was good and hot water was great for a shower in the morning before departure. Almost a perfect stay - except for daughter's foot.

The bed is comfortable
    • Queen Room

The breakfast was so so. The swimming pool looks haven't clean for a while. The bathroom is kinda broken. Not very pleasant stay.

The bed is comfortable

Very convenient for transit, few local restaurants, quiet area while stil being close to the airport
    • Queen Room

The pool was closed during 35°+weather. However a staff member did a arrange for us to use a neighboring pool at no cost.

The free continental breakfast was one of the best we've had. There was always something in the lobby tho snack on; apples, oranges, tea, coffee. We even received a snack beat upon arrival.

Great value for your money!

There were quite a number of ants in the room. This is the ONLY negative thing I have to say. We were on the ground floor but I’ve never seen something like this before. The girls dropped a cookie and boom, ants everywhere.

Loved the staff! They really go above and beyond for every interaction. Made us feel special just for staying there.

Good price, nice staff, needs a reno

I requested early check in well in advance as I needed to dress for a wedding. We were almost late to the wedding due to the fact the rooms weren’t ready. The Hotel also seems like it requires some upgrades. The tub didn’t drain well, the air vents in the room around the edges were actually very dirty.

The manager was very polite upon check in. I also enjoyed the water and snacks.

Cost Effective Clean & Comfortable Place To Stay

one small thing came to mind the Shower Rose in the bathroom. It was one of those multi-functional ones made of cheap plastic, they never work properly. Get ride of them and replace it with a large shower rose which seems to be the new trend in the European Hotels,

Without Doubt A Well maintained Property! I did like the fact that the Hallways were well lite at night as were the areas surrounding the Elevators. Also, this is something that I did especially like, unlike European Hotels, the room had an Iron with a clean working Ironing Board "Thank You" Coffee Maker with a supply of coffee & Tea, great, and the Bathroom is well stocked which included a disposable tooth brush and tooth paste. Fantastic. Enough Towels for a family, I travel frequently and sometimes these little things just mean so much. Decent size mini fridge and small Microwave in room which is great if your intent is to stay for several days. If you drive north on Highway 10 for approx 8 minutes you will come to a shopping plaza with a grocery store and small restaurants. A great Chinese Restaurant BTW. You will find Several Gas Stations within 2 minutes and Yes, a Tim Hortons is within walking distance of the hotel. The Young Lady, "Tanya" at the Reception well, all I can say is, she's a Multi-tasking Genius. I did not have Breakfast at this hotel so cannot comment on this subject but, the breakfast area looked appropriately well equipped was clean and comfortable. Three minute drive to both major highways 401 & 407 and direct drive to downtown Mississauaga approximately 8 minutes depending on traffic.

My stay was Perfect
    • Queen Room

I travel a lot to Toronto and of all the places I've stayed I think this is the best in terms of value. Its perfect. I liked the complimentary breakfast, the cleanliness, the staff, the bed, the sheets, the pillows... + Really really comfortable. I had a really good sleep. I didn't miss my bed. + Good set of towels. +Soap and shampoo provided by Neutrogena, which is good as it won't destroy your skin. +Lamp switch next to the bed.. I mean these are the little things which you notice.

Ok
    • Queen Room

Requested for a late checkout on the day of checkin but staff on the day of checkout are not aware so they called us to remind that checkout time is at 12 noon.... 😤😤😤.... ni communication among staff !!!

Our stay was very comfortable, thank you.

I would prefer a little bottle of body wash then soap and bigger bath towels.

I like the fact you provided a toothbrush and toothpaste, one of us forgot it, thank you. The bed was quite comfortable, and you provided coffee in the room, but forgot the tea. I went downstairs to get some tea. Your breakfast was good, good coffee.

I would stay here again. It was clean, comfortable and staff were very nice.
    • Queen Room

bathroom looked grungy. caulking around tub needs replacing. Wall had some sloppy repairs done and was very unappealing. I wouldn't shower there. It was clean but needs some fixing up.

Beds were very comfortable. breakfast was very nice. hotel staff very accommodating.

Not thinking I would stay again

See above

Bit of snow should have been cleared from entrances. Floors dirty because of this. Park g areas not cleared for patrons either. Pair of under clothing found behind bed. Curtains wrinkly. Seemed to lack staff. Had to get help to get tv on. Have had better experiences.

Great breakfast, great stay, parking free, should Come back.
    • Queen Room

There are spams attacking you by telephone si toi have to be careful when you arrive. Théo waitress tells you so it's okay but you have to Keep It in mind and ne careful.

You can Do your own waffle for breakfast, and you have a lot of Choices. Oh is in a strategic place Near Toronto so not too expensive. There is sport Room. you can take coffee and hot chocolate whenever you want during the Day. Nice breakfast, Nice Room service, clean. There were a fridge a microwave and coffee machine on the Room with some Choices of tea and coffee decaffed or not . Great place the breakfast is between 6am and 10 am and it is in good ambiance.

Could be great.

The person that was taking care of the breakfast bar one morning was an absolute pickle. They don't accept debit, only cash or credit. As I didn't have everything on one form of payment I had to go get cash from an atm, because they don't do split payments either...

The room was great. Comfortable, with everything you need.

Decent for our time there!
    • Queen Room

Apples weren't fresh, they didn't have a fan and extra pillows which was asked on booking. Bathroom wasn't clean. Toilet paper was so full in a roll that didn't fit and was hard to get at, with a child was challenging. Wifi was open, there was multiple wifi And was weak. Not a lot of sitting area for breakfast.

Bacon for breakfast! Soft beds.

Good, Staff very polite
    • Queen Room

No indoor pool or hot tub, Teenager's running in and out of room at 1130 at night while I tried to sleep had to be up at 430 am to work had to call front desk.

Free parking and coffee fruit

Enjoyed the stay at the Hampton Inn. Great staff and clean fresh hotel.

Could use more or bigger pillows on King Bed. Extra pillow in closet when needed would be great. Shower head not that great. Maybe install rainfall shower with handheld attachment for ease of use.

Easy to find and in great location to local MIssissauga and Brampton amenities. Hotel and room were very clean and smelled fresh. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

I have to say the hotel was a disappointment.

Airplanes fly right over head until 12 at night. My toilet kept running and started late at night. I couldn't get the heater to work right even after help from the guy at the desk. Disappointing. Girl at desk said, oh, I'm so sorry. Hmmmm.

The bed was comfortable.

Excellent stay

I never try to write negative comments but the toaster in the breakfast area need to be replaced they take 10 minutes to toast your bagel to a slightly golden color.

The hotel is very clean, staff very friendly, my room was quite spacious, very close to the airport. Good value for the money paid.

I asked about how the premium internet services work.
    • Queen Room

I asked about how the premium internet services work. If you pay a one-time fee for the day or everytime you connect to the internet. What happened if the computer freezes and need to reboot. Do I need to pay again for the connection? They would ask the manager but they never got back to me with the answer. I have not enough information about internet premium services that's why I did not use it. The final bill came out with two days charges for the premium internet services, even did not use it. I had to call back twice to explain about the charges but the manager was never available. The front desk said will fix the bill but I've got refunds only for one day.

I used to stay at Hamton Inn in Thunder Bay but this one was...

I used to stay at Hamton Inn in Thunder Bay but this one was way worse First, I booked a room for three and I found that it only has 1 king bed! The next day we moved to a room with two double beds. The pool is outdoor so it's useless for the most of the year The breakfast experience was awful. The waffle maker was not working, the toasters were barely working and so slow. Not much items to choose from. The only omlette contained pork bacon (both days) which is not suitable for muslim guests.

Very let down
    • Queen Room

We were expecting a pool and hot tub. The website had a beautiful pool and hot tub. Also when we arrived the door was already opened and the shower was missing a curtain.

Fine
    • Queen Room

The pool was seasonal... reason why we booked, so kids could swim. They connected us with a partner hotel pool.

The manager was attentive and solution focused.

Awesome and worth every penny
    • Queen Room

Outdoor pool was closed but that is clearly mentioned in the amenities. So that was an disappointment not a dislike.

Staff were very courteous and the breakfast was awesome. Breakfast wasn't like they throw few pieces of donuts and bagels and call it a free breakfast but they had an awesome chef and really really a lot of options even to satisfy a glutton like me. The money that I paid for the stay is worth every penny. Very satisfied customer.

Will not stay at Hampton Inn again due to poor management and fees incurred to my bank account.

Check out was a disaster. Was told I could not split payment on credit card and cash. Was told I could not pay cash with US dollars. On booking, told that I could pay at the hotel when I tried to pay the hotel desk woman said that they had payment from a debit card that was only meant to hold the room. When provided with a new card that she said she ran, she didn't. 10 days later and 3 overdrafts at my bank, I learn from an apathetic hotel manager that she didn't refund the money on the card and she denied ever conversing with me, that they do accept US$'s. Pretty livid at this point. 1st poor review this Canadian has ever given. :(

Nice breakfast, family was happy with accommodations.

• Queen Room

The room's bathroom was clogged soon we entered. They switched us to a different room. The carpet was sticky. No views, airplane noise, ok bed and they overcharged me on my card. One of the worst hampton inn i ever stayed inn. This was not a 3 star hotel, it was more of a motel or 1 star hotel. It is not worth the price.

The bed was really comfortable

That the waffle machine was broke down and there was no indoor pool like booking .com had advertised in there pictures of the place

The bed was really comfortable

A bit disappointed..not sure whether I will go back
    • Queen Room

Cleanliness and lack of service in by area

Breakfast was not great. The geometries were not cooked at all..rasted like microwaved and the inside of the fries were still cold and soggy. The garbage bins around the bf area was full and overflowing. Coffee juice cups were always in short supply..the breakfast experience overall was dismal.

Receptionist was very helpful.
    • Queen Room

Refilling during breakfast was inadequate and slow. Too few seatings during breakfast.

Receptionist was very helpful. Easy access to downtown Toronto by car.

You need to have more gluten free offerings at breakfast and...

You need to have more gluten free offerings at breakfast and have items identified as such. It's hard to tell if the eggs, omelets, sausage, etc have gluten in them. Staff didn't really know. Cereal, breads, pastries, waffles and muffins all have gluten. Wife had to eat hard boiled eggs and yogurt every day. Bacon was OK that day. Oatmeal even has gluten. Otherwise I enjoyed the breakfasts :)

Bed was comfortable
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I was overcharged for the room. The rate was $159 CA for the night through booking.com. When I got home and reviewed my email bill the room charge was $169 CA. The outdoor pool needed chlorine shock.

Bed was comfortable

Hotel was easy to locate. There were a few, quick eating places surrounding the property.
    • Queen Room

Cooling system needs an upgrade, drain of the sink, toilet and tub need to be updated and should be working more efficiently, pillows should be updated and upgraded.

Breakfast that was offered each morning.

Great value hotel, for those just looking for a place to stay. I'd book this hotel again.
    • Queen Room

On-site free parking. Not so busy of an area. Great value hotel with a lot of extras. Forgot a toiletry, they have something to replace it complimentary.

There are better places to stay, won't be back
    • King Room - Disability Access

Wifi in my room was hopeless, ended up moving rooms. I had back to back bookings, but they forgot so rather than call me, they turfed all my stuff still out in the room into a plastic garbage bag as if I had forgotten about chek out and overstayed.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Home away from home
    • Queen Room

Everything was great about this hotel. I really can't complaint. Breakfast was great, the business center was a bonus for me it is a private room with a closed door. All the other hotels that I have ever stayed at had no door for privacy.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Really

Really Good free breakfast. Don't usually Find this in Canadian hotels. Great all day coffee and fruit/ cookies available as well. Clean hotel, friendly staff.

We had our basketball team there for a tournament and the...
    • Queen Room

How I could not pay cash for my room they left it on my credit card.

We had our basketball team there for a tournament and the night staff was very accommodating at night for us to gather as a team.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Satisfied by and large
    • Queen Room

There seemed to be a bit of a smell of urine, or whatever around the elevator at our floor, and, the way the air-conditioning unit worked, it blew the air (heated, though not smelly) such that it hit my head where I slept closest to the window and air-conditioner, the other bed apparently not being a problem to those who slept there. My wife who did not book this reservation scored the place "higher" in such regard, (despite a Wifi issue) probably an "8," so, to be even more fair, there I go, or would go again.. .

Cosy. The place was well located to where we had/wanted to go but the surrounding I would characterize as industrial-commercial "highway," (windswept) and not what I would prefer to see, especially on a holiday, but to be fair, it was central to downtown Toronto and "Orangeville," two place we were headed to. The buffet breakfast was every bit as good as indicated by most others to the reviews we've seen, which counted a lot for us as far as facilities were concerned, and there were places to eat, beyond. The decor and cleanliness of the room was good. All in all, a pretty good value I would say, where you need to be in these parts.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Not withstanding some maintenance issues we would stay at this hotel again in the future
    • Queen Room

Our room was on the top floor and maybe it's on rooftop equipment resulted in a very loud low-frequency vibration. We had to move down to the second floor and there the air conditioner wasn't working. We tolerated the latter inconvenience.

The breakfast area has complimentary fruit and cookies during the day for guests.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The location is great .. only a few minutes from the hershey and Iceland...
    • Queen Room

An extra room wz booked for the following night but wz entered in computer for 2 days later... so no room wz held and other accommodations had to be made at another location.. No inside pool... kids were disapointed..

Free parking.. bed were great... breakfast wz also great..

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

For a business trip it was just fine.
    • Queen Room

For a business trip it was just fine. Nothing around at wale ing distance. A cab is needed to go eat, Shop, etc. The employees were very helpful and always very professional.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Bed was comfortable;
    • Queen Room

of 4 rooms, 3 were completely missed by housekeeping; completely isolated if you don't have a car; breakfast was very limited - the omelets were rubbery and had ham in them (no signage to indicate this) which upset the muslim members of the group which bit into it

Bed was comfortable; WiFi was strong

Not bad...

We had to go down to guest services to get extra towels and other items. They will not bring it up to your suite. That's the first time for me 😐🤔

Enjoyed the all day coffee and tea also the complimentary breakfast. Eggs tasted kinda powdery 😐

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Skate Canada visit
    • Queen Room

Reasonable price. Excellent choice of included breakfast Close to our destinattion venue Free on the go bag when we checked out to eat on our way home

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Excellent stay

Excellent property. Had no issues. Thought it was closer to where we were needing to be. My error!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The shower didn’t work properly and the hotel had a slightly...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower didn’t work properly and the hotel had a slightly run-down appearance

Fair stay
    • King Room - Disability Access

Bathroom was not clean. After asking 4 times to have it clean, they came and clean it with windex!!! Boil eggs were cold and tasted funny

The breakfast was bad.

The breakfast was bad. Other then that everything was perfect

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It was nice

The room

We had to move to a different room twice. Not a good beginning.

I did not like the lighting in the room, Smell in the room, bathroom cleanliness.

The bed was nice. The service in the breakfast area was okay.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Every thing was great, although the omelet egg was better...

The food area space was not big enough or not enough seat.

Every thing was great, although the omelet egg was better than crumbled egg.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I liked everything

No comment

I liked everything

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Bed was comfortable and stay was nice enough for the price.
    • Queen Room

That it didn’t have an indoor pool/hot tub

The waffles at breakfast :)

No nice
    • Queen Room

Dingy bedding, unsecured entrance doors, horrible breakfast

Checking out after 1 night.

Close to highway to downtown Toronto.

Close to highway to downtown Toronto. (Less than 30mins away) decent breakfast, helpful staff.

The pool was closed

The pool was closed

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Great place to book your stay
    • Queen Room

The internet and cable service was not working for days and we weren't informed about it... No discount was offered

Great breakfast

Canada Trip
    • Queen Room

Nice room. Very comfortable bed.

It’s was fine

Beds

Food

The bed extra comfortable !

The bed extra comfortable !

Not much satisfied

The room was clean

The parking lot

Not satisfied
    • Queen Room

Arguing with me to acquire a receipt. I had to call Booking.com to help

Good

Good facilties Quick access to the city.Less than 20 minutes to my meeting.
    • Queen Room

Pool not in order.Had to walk to another hotel to use pool.

Friendly staff

Friendly staff

Pool not in sevice

AC DID NOT WORK .
    • Queen Room

AC DID NOT WORK . WHEN IT IS 100 DEGREES OUTSIDE, YOU NEED TO HAVE PROPER WORKING AC. NOT A AC THAT BLOWS AIR LIKE A FAN.