Reviews of Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre - Moose Jaw 2 stars

1590 Main Street North, S6J 1L3 Moose Jaw, Canada

#11 of 16 hotels in Moose Jaw

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I always like the option of opening a window in a hotel room to keep it from getting stuffy; this was not an option here.

Conveniently located; price was economical and good value for money.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn’t like how long the process took to get me checked in. I felt like that could’ve been faster.

The convenience of being able to go to bed right after being at the wedding downstairs. It was comfy after dancing all night.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Be aware there is not an elevator in the place. Hallways are very long, narrow, dimly lit, and they all look the same. More signage could be used. Toilet had to be the lowest ever made(too low).

Breakfasts were good (from a small menu). They did have some sort of brunch on Saturday which was not good. Bathroom light was nice and bright.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was dated but clean. Tha beds were very comfortable but the BEDDING. From the 70’s. The picture at the desk and online showed lovely updated linen and we got none of that. For me at s hotel it’s all about the bedding. I would not stay again. The staff however were very friendly!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was dark and musky, but reasonably clean for a pet room. I was so cold and couldn’t figure out how to turn the heat up and the guy working didn’t know how either. I eventually figured it out, after wearing my winter jacket in the room for an hour.

They allowed my dog with no hassle despite him being over the weight limit. Pet rooms are all near exits so it was easy to take him out.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Busy restaurant so did not experience what was supposed to be excellent food.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool facilities were excellent. Beds were very confortable. Room were clean.

Lounge and restaurant was closed due to Good Friday?? Odd cause Boston Pizza was open.

Close to exhibition area. Hot tub and pool. Room was super sweet

Breakfast was included but it was Good Friday when I woke up and all the services were closed. I got a continental breakfast instead of a meal.

Great customer service. Bed was very comfortable. Good food and service

The bathroom fam was really loud, no towels at the pool and the off sale could have been a lot better

The room was beautiful and the pool and hot tub awesome.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room advertised as breakfast included. On arrival advised that only applied for two persons so we had to buy breakfast for the two children

Good value. Nice pool

No complaints.

Were in the city for a wedding where both the ceremony and reception were held at the Heritage Inn. Nice to have everything including a restaurant all under one roof. The food was great!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hidden Gem, I normally travel through to Regina, but business and travel time I stopped in Moose Jaw, and to my pleasant surprise this his hotel total hidden Gem, that I am not sure I want people to find out about as this will now be my choice to stop here midway for business instead of Regina. I regularly stay at high end and yes this is not the Delta Regina, but this little gem made my stay pleasurable and staff genuinely friendly...beds super comfy and I like you have a fridge and microwave, while I did not get to take advantage, it is good to know for future:) I did hear it had recently been renovated which is why I thought I would give it a try.....

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They did a update on alot of things in the rooms. Everything was old also could use some paint. The lady that help us was ok. The pool was ok for my grandson but they really need a in ground hot tub and alot better then what they have there.

It was ok. Would I stay there again not sure. The room could of been better they really need to change the comforter's they were old and had little balls all over them. The price wasn't to bad either.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I spent a hundred bucks on swim suits to have an hour in the hot tub , sadly it was a mere 82 deg with no chance of it heating up to temp before check out ☹️at 930 am you would think the maintenance would have that ready for 8am. Front desk said the kids blew the breaker last night hmmm, sorry we weren't born yesterday hot tubs are on there own and only become cold if not maintained. 🤔

We were pleased with the room and close to exit awesome

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The cleaning products disagreed with my nasal passages. Air was Very very dry. No wifi in room. Was there jist didnt work. Called front desk. Problem was not resolved.

Was very convienient. Very quiet. I loved that.

Food was so so although only ate in the restaurant once and when I booked online it advertised breakfast included however when I checked in it wasnt included I thought it was my mistake until I talked to another couple at the pool that said the same thing happened to them and the hotel said if I booked with them I would have got the same rate and breakfast

Staff was great very friendly and informative

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We searched for and picked the hotel because it had a hot tub. When we went to go use the hot tub it was roped off and we weren’t able to use it. At no point did any staff during the check in process told us the hot tub was not in service. Also the shower in the room had weak water pressure.

Good beds, clean room

At check in the clerk didn’t seem happy we booked thru booking.com. Felt punished and she didn’t think the hotel had been paid and seemed to want to charge us again. Luckily I had proof we paid.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Asked for a late check out due to staying with a hockey team, and they wouldn't allow it so I was stranded in Moose Jaw for 2+ hours with no where to go with a baby and we were from 6 hours away.

Very quite and clean

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The showers in both rooms that we have stayed in we're both wonky... could use to be updated as they were from the 1970's and didn't work properly. Also the food at the restaraunt onsite was not good... I would recommend not to add the breakfast for an extra price to your room totally not worth it!

The staff was very friendly and the rooms were good and beds were very comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

More than one package of coffee in the room would be nice

The bed and room was comfortable and roomy, food was amazing and staff pleasant and professional, we would stay here again and recommend it to our friends

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Poor lighting at entrance of room and switch so far away I had to prop door open to find it. Then it only worked if desk light several feet away was switched on. No tea provided, I had to ask at desk then leave a note for maid. No proper changing facilities at pool, though there was a washroom fairly nearby. Food was cool. Had the waffles -not home made-been in the toaster?

Beds were best I've ever.had in a hotel. Hotpool was good though . . Staff all very pleasant.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only one little detail -We would have liked a fridge.

I really appreciated the restaurant for breakfast instead of having to jockey around a cramped breakfast room filled with people.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was nice. And the pool was very clean and an enjoyable space. I've stayed here twice now and found both times to be very quiet. First time there was a big wedding and the second time there was a sports team but wasn't disturbed either time.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Small stuff. Shower little too powerful for my taste and extra toilet paper and Kleenex could maybe be left in room. Hair dryer smelled hot pretty fast so I retired it for my stay.

The room was very clean and having a small fridge and microwave a nice little bonus for an inexpensive room. Loved being able to get a fresh breakfast, not just a buffet line.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Front desk was very busy in the morning with only 1 person up front, waited in line just for my breakfast card. Maybe when you arrive they could give you one with your room key.

For the price the rooms were very nice.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You can hear people talking in the halls and we always do checks for bed bugs before unpacking there was none but we did find bits of hair and peanuts under one mattress and a hair tie under the other ahah

The room was updated and the ac worked well we stayed in 132 I liked that I could see my truck from the window and had complementary breakfast was nice and saved money.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room could of had more lighting even when we had bedside lamp on, desk light & corner light it was still quite dreary. We couldn't open our drapes as we were on bottom floor & our window looked onto the pool so people could see in. Also the toilet didn't flush all that well.

Beds were comfortable. Food in restaurant very good. Pool area nice.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no breakfast available even tho we were up well within the time frame. The bathroom was old and the taps were hard to use. The "air freshener" was the same used in old folks home to try and cover the smell of urine. In addition, I was allergic to it and spent the night covering my face with a t-shirt.

The staff was helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Water got cut off, apparently a plumber broke a pipe, took a while to get back on, we went for breakfast and the water was back on when breakfast was finished.

Breakfast was fantastic, pool was nice, liked the hot tub

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed was way toooooo soft - prefer a much firmer bed.

The coffee shop had a great selection of food items though the serving of the meal was a bit slow.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was so far from the front doors and there was no elevator. Made it very inconvenient when we had to run out to the car!

The price was the winner with us. We should have to go broke just to stay one night!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room air conditioning wasn't working well it was hot. The kids wished there was a water slide.

It was all good, clean, friendly I would go there again and recommend to others.

Not a thing..keep up goid work.It has been redone in public areas since my last stay.Looks very lovely

Like location and rooms started coming here from Saskatoon years ago with my daughter when grand daughter was in dance competitions Have always been satisfied..I really like the restaurant also..never eat anywhere else.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our supper meal, mine was too bad we ordered steak and hubby didn;t get a steal so they took it back and then his had alot of gristle in it. He was going to send it back but took too long for the second to come back and we felt the cook wasn;t too happy. We were the only ones in at the time.

Staff was friendly, and the place was clean

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

While the rooms are clean they are a bit dated. Some pieces are more current but the majority of the furniture & decor is dated. But the rooms are clean which is more important!

The hotel is very comfortable & the staff is very friendly. The pool area is large & relaxing.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Booked on line using my CC , upon arrival they wanted full payment in advance PLUS a $250 damage deposit. IF I had known this I would have made other arrangements. I'm 66 yrs old , have stayed in hundreds of hotels and NEVER been asked to prepay , much less fork out a damage deposit. I'll never return !!

The room was clean , comfortable and quiet.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wi Fi was spotty, accidentally left Apple Ipad headphones in room,worth $50.00 Reported it to front desk 8 hours later while driving Home. Never heard back from them, just cost me $50 to replace Apple ear buds

Breakfast was fast and complimentary. Room easily accessed from side door, did not have to repeatedly walk through main desk area.room was clean

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Was told hotel was full so on second floor with my 84 year d father and no elevator. No cars in parking lot and when I asked next morning if hotel was full was told no said she couldn't understand why we were told it was sold out. When booking it said only 2 rooms left as well

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Supremely poor communication. Didn't inform me that we needed to make a reservation for breakfast. Then neglected to inform us that there was a $7 up charge to eat from the buffet for our complimentary breakfast, until after we were almost done eating. Didnt even know there was an option for a menu. They had ample opportunity to inform us. No one even served us( no quality check, clearing of plates, not offered a bill). Probably won't stay here again.

It was close to the location I needed

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wifi was not good could not get on to unless we went to the lobby We had a small dog and were charged $20.00 per night thought was high

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was cold. The hot tub was not as warm as a hot tub should be, and the it was quite small. Only 4 adults could fit in the hot tub and you were uncomfortably close to each other. There were no towels to use in the room with the pool.

The bed was very comfortable. The restaurant was great -- very good food and wonderful service -- our coffee cups were filled over and over! Clean, spacious, quiet rooms.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I didn't like the duvet covers on the bed. They just didnt really go with the hotel room at all.

The beds were super comfy and as well as the fluffy pillows. The room itself was very nice and I was impressed.The staff was super friendly with their guests and made sure we got everything we needed. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who is travelling or needing a place to stay. Heritage Inn and Suites is your home away from home.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The place is a little dated and could use a face lift. Also there should be towels by the pool or a sign in the rooms to bring your own towel.

Great value and location. Staff was excellent and willing to help in any way they could. The free breakfast was limited but still delicious. Beds were comfy and nice size rooms.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk staff (except the early am guy) were less than helpful. I needed to change the booking and they said they couldn't do it, early am guy did, though?!? They said couldn't change it as we booked through you guys. Also we were given an extra key and then questioned as to where we got it...well, who else would have given it to us but them....go figure!

The pool was warm. I loved it. Good breakfast...hot! Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hard to fault things when you're made to feel so welcome...some mind find it "dated" but the simplicity shouldn't bother people who don't mind, also if you're on 2nd level be prepared to use stairs when hauling luggage/bags of shopping for the ladies 😃

Service was excellent, second to none! Staff made us feel like we family were staying😃 the pool was a real hit with everyone especially the little one

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

The front desk staff were EXTREMELY kind and helpful. We got complimentary breakfast in the morning and let me just say, it was comparable to Denny's! So delicious. Thanks for a great stay.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were unable to get the free breakfast on Sunday morning because the restaurant did not open until a certain tim. We were at check-out 10 minutes before they opened but they refused even a cup of coffee. Not impressed, and of course no discount on the room rate.

Beds good, good location.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room needed some work. Ceiling in entry was coming down but rest of room satisfactory.

Breakfast was included in the hotel restaurant. Special menu with several choices.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not enough towels Wasn't given the voucher for breakfast the first day and had to inquire about it It should be given at check in

The mattresses were very comfortable

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That it doesn't have an elevator

Great breakfast

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No grab rails at all in the shower. Dangerous! So much salt on the one meal that I did have, I couldn't eat it

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool area was disgusting and would not go in water.

The up grade to breakfast.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No window. Dungeon like feeling.

Good sheets. Clean room.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The restaurant was drab, more like a cafeteria. No atmosphere

The food was very good, we had liver and onions, and a burger. It was delicious.

I never did find out about the free wifi

We loved everything about this place... We did have a hard time with the wi-fi

We loved the king size bed

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Your site says the price includes breakfast, but I was charged extra.

The room was quite comfortable.

Beds were extra comfy! Everything was very clean. Nice and quiet. Great location. Nice relaxing pool area. Friendly staff

I had to pay extra for breakfast because I booked on line. I did not understand that through your site.

Excellent food and very friendly staff

Noisy. Poor check out.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They wouldn't give us breakfast or even coffee free.

Quiet

Nothing actually.

Perfect.location for all I need to do in the city. Breakfast included is convenient.

The restaurant was not open on boxing day when we showed up, but only a minor inconvenience.

Decent hotel with good value.

Elevator would be good.

Convenient good parking great food

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing, it is an older hotel but clearly very well maintained and upgraded.

Convenient, easy to find and access. Very comfortable beds!

Nice and a good breakfast

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was not as was pictured. There is no elevator; had to climb stairs (I have bad knees).

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was a bit noisy when the bar closed

Reception was friendly and quick

too many pillows

The staff was very friendly and authentic!!!

Musty smell throughout

Staffed by real people with a sense of humour; not pat lines given to every one. Food was also great

Everything was good