Reviews of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Mississauga-Toronto Southwest 3 stars

2125 North Sheridan Way, L5K 1A3 Mississauga, Canada

#71 of 84 hotels in Mississauga

it was fine for what was needed
    • Standard Room

I booked this for guests for two nights. They said the beds were very comfy the air conditioner too noisy to sleep so had to turn it off and the window didn't open was an issue for them .

After staying in suites at other hotels, Ii was disappointed in this one.

The "suite" room was very small, cold and spartan. When the hide-a-bed was open, we couldn't even get in and out of the door to the hallway. The room seemed to be cheaply built and very cramped.

The staff, lobby and breakfast were all very nice.

I enjoyed my stayed

I mentioned before

Everything was okay, except the breakfast and the lady at the restaurant seems she was not in a good when asked if she was going to bring more bacon.

The person I spoke to on the phone was informative and...

The toilet ran the entire time. The movies on demand channel was not clear, so we refused to order a movie. We arranged a late check out and they tried to barge into the room at 11:00 a.m., they staff were rude and then the front desk called to demand who said we could check out late. I didn't realize I needed to take names. When we returned to our room at 2:30, our key card would not work and we had to go down to the front desk. The

The person I spoke to on the phone was informative and friendly. The check in was smooth. The room was clean. Front desk stated we could have a late check out, due to my husband having to play a gig in Hamilton and we would not be returning to our room until 2 am.

Enjoyable stay. Friendly staffs and nice room.

Not that I don't like about it but there was a discrepancy with booking .com price and actual price but staff took care of it immediately to my satisfaction. Thank you.

Clean, quiet, convenient location. I am very satisfied that there are enough lights and power & usb outlets for charging devices without having to unplug tv or lights.

Close to where we needed to be and a really great price for all the amenities!

We used a fold out couch for a second bed, and the blanket in the room was flimsy. Good thing we had a blanket with us. There were no towels at the pool, and the front desk could only find clean hand towels. A bit chilly! The noise from other rooms was crystal clear as well - but, luckily, we weren't near anyone overly loud.

A big breakfast included in the price - which was already very good. Also, the pool was great - not too cold first thing in the morning. I loved that parking was also free!

Will stay there again.

No instructions for noisy fan in room; doesn't turn "off" when "off" is presses. Had to get maintenance man . Hotel needs written instructions on how to use the wall switch-is not obvious.

Newly redecorated-lovely-sort of a Mediterranean blue. Good free breakfast-buffet style-both cold and hot. Fridge and microwave in room. Very comfortable bed. Great location if you have vehicle.

Great. I will come again.

Everything was great. The pool is wonderful. The breakfast far exceeded expectations. The rooms were clean and had everything I could want. And I enjoy having the Globe and Mail to read in the morning. The staff were cheerful and helpful. There was nothing missing that I could have wanted, in other words.

Due to above my stay was ruined.

Three times my swipe pass did not work in my room and had to go down to the front desk and have it reconfigured but it still did not work. A maintenance man had to be called to repair the lock mechanism and I was left standing in the hallway for 20 minutes. I finally got into my room and the repair man tried to fix it for another 20 minutes and had no luck. He wanted to come back and try again after the batteries were charged? It was ridiculous and inconvenient and was stuck in my room all night because if I left I be locked out. Not impressed.

Great rooms on 5th floor.

Construction in the main reception, although it did not affect our check-in.

The 5th floor rooms have a door between the small bedroom and the bath/entry way. There is a couch and computer chair/desk in the entry way that I can use to do some work while my wife is sleeping.

Was enjoyable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had no idea the hotel was under construction while I was there It was noisy and one elevator was out of service Would have liked to know before I booked

The room didn't feel 'basic' it was complete with everything we needed and very modern

cleaning staff did not pick up dirty/used towels, just...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

cleaning staff did not pick up dirty/used towels, just left them here they lie, and i know that they were there because the bed was made and garbage was emptied.

Good for breaking your journey
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No restaurant until the evening. Reception desk staff made me wait for attention; seemed confused. No communicating rooms; children were down the hall.

Location good, close to highway, easy to find. Fast food restaurants nearby. Pool was basic, not very pretty, but satisfactory.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

I recommend you stay at the Admiral Inn right next door instead.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I've stayed at a Holiday Inn in other cities and this one was way below average. The staff were aloof, sometimes rude and inattentive. The best staff there were the cleaning staff. Front reception: not welcoming and unprofessional. Rooms were not clean enough and facilities need renovation.

Not much to be honest. I guess it was clean enough but still unclean by my standards. I was happy that no bugs came up. TV channels were good and room space was great.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The worse place ever.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It smelled like old ashtray, service was horrible, worse experience ever, better at a motel, false advertising.

One of the worse place ever, motel would get a better review.it was a shoe box the smelled like left an ashtray.terrible, never again. Trying to impress my girlfriend, didn't go well :(((((

Not the best choice for staying
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The furniture is definately not new. The wall socket in my room just fall out once. At the flour above my room rennovations work were in progress. I should say they took place from 9 till 18 (when most travelers are supposed to be out) but that noise of falling furniture pieces was not really nice. When we arrived to check-in after 14! hour flight, the man at the reception informed that some kind of internal audit was taking place in our rooms and we should wait, so the whole check-in process took 20 minutes for 3 persons. There were two ladies in charge of breakfast serving - one was very polite (blond), the other one was rude. No sewer in the bathroom floor - the water from the shower had nowhere to drain. Generally that hotel just doesn't correspond to Holiday Inn standarts. Not a good value for money.

The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was satisfying (scrambled eggs, sausages, vegetables, yoghurt, fruit, puff pastry). The staff helped with currency exchange. Room is spacious enough. It was quiet in the hotel and no noise from the street, the area is calm.

Not good place to stay until renovation is done.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Construction and renovation of some floors was going on and the work start at 9 in the morning on Saturday. Late night travelers want some rest in the morning which was not possible. The facility should be closed until renovation is completed

Courteous staff

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Very pleasant, we will be back for more
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Eggs being brought on a plate (meaning you can't ask for a second helping) instead of a buffet - a bit strange.

Absolutely wonderful front office staff, very polite and went the extra mile to help. I wish I could remember the names, we are probably headed back in a couple of weeks.

convienent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

something bit me while I am sleeping the last night in my arm but I couldn't find any bug or anything. but I am sure it was from the bed.

hotel location is very convenient, parking is free.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Dated hotel, uncomfortable bed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel was extremely dated, the bed very uncomfortable, was the first place we stayed during our trip where we felt we paid a little extra but breakfast still wasn't free as it is with most places we stayed, so I didn't indulge or bother.

It was at least quiet in our room.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Close to the people I was visiting.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms need a bit of updating Fans in room a noisy when running high

Close to the people I was visiting. Good breakfast Friendly & helpful staff Nice pool

There were two really nice people we dealt with at the front...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not very clean. The pull out couch had the last occupants clothes in it so it obviously had not been changed. Everything was pretty run down and smelled funny. The pool was ok but not what we expected. We had breakfast in the hotel and chose the buffet. Because we had toast with our breakfast they charged us for both a hot and a cold buffet so our breakfast was fairly expensive.

There were two really nice people we dealt with at the front desk. And the restaurant staff was lovely.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Not too bad but isn't great either
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Rooms looked better in pictures than in real. Breakfast options were minimal. They didn't even have an option for drinking water and said I can take it from the bathroom tap.

Located in a good place. Room was clean. But the blind and floor lamp were not in condition. I ignored it and stayed there but I did inform the front desk.

Nice but not too nice
    • Queen Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I found the restaurant, food, and the service in there disappointing. In the picture, it looks like an actual eating area but it is extremely tiny that not all customers who are staying in the hotel would not fit in there. The service, we arrived in the morning to have our free breakfast and the waitress took us to our seats and that was it. We waited to have our tea/coffee served and waited for any instructions they may give us about the buffet like any other restaurants services would do, but no...we waited and waited until We had to ask about our tea/coffee and breakfast. Basically told us to help ourselves. I wasn't too pleased about that.

The front desk staffs were very welcoming and pleasant. The room was nice and spacious, the bed was really comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Good hotel, but be aware that Booking might have advertised wrongly.
    • Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

Booking wrote in the advertising that breakfast was included but this did not come in the voucher, neither was included indeed. A false advertising from Booking. The night front desk staff was confused, and checking in different people for the same room. It was embarrassing to arrive in the room and meet other people already occupying it. It was compensated with a breakfast

hotel is ok

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Set up your own alarm for a wake up don't rely on there wake up call system
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Fact I didn't get a wake up call in last night when asked and couldn't have my receipt ready for me in the morning when I checked out and told em I'd be back in 20 min to get receipt

Location made it very easy to get around

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

sack those dummy receptionists out !!!
    • Executive Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I was not offered an early check in on the day i made the reservation. Had to spend the night in a park somewhere in toronto to catch a connection flight the next morning. However they deducted the one night stay amount from my debit card. Liars.

They are just a bunch of lying money suckers

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

staff are good ,location near Q high way is so good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

i stayed for long period but they did not offer me good price,so I have to move to another hotel during the weekends. More over , the furniture is old

staff are good ,location near Q high way is so good

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

room was spacious, staff was fairly courteous
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the staff under training failed to give us a v.v. important message, which created an anxiety for the caller. However, they gave us a complimentary breakfast

room was spacious, staff was fairly courteous

Really exceed my expectations.

Wow, never been at a holiday inn, my whole family was amazed by the hotel.

The location & breakfast

House keeping doesn’t clean the room properly and the keys don’t work, had to constantly get it magnetized.

The location & breakfast

Overnight desk agent challenging us despite having spoke to...

Overnight desk agent challenging us despite having spoke to day staff severeal times about arrival and deposit.

Close to train station.

Close to train station.

Very enjoyable and excellent rooms with fridge micro kurig

That I couldn’t get my IHG points because I booked through you which should’ matter 😪

Breakfast and the friendly staff location was perfect

I will be back if I need to book again in this area

easy to get off and on the Queen Elizabeth Expressway

Great location for our needs this trip.

Bed was comfortable. Rooms with 1 queen and 1 pull out couch seemed tight for space.

Breakfast Staff was total overwhelmed,nothing worked ,no...

Breakfast Staff was total overwhelmed,nothing worked ,no food was on the Table when needed

Room was clean, staff was pleasant and breakfast was...

Room was clean, staff was pleasant and breakfast was included with the room.

Great place.

Not like, nothing.

The facility was well kept; staff professional; breakfast great.

My stay was great room was clean location is good as well and staff is friendly

everything was good

overall it was a good place to stay and the staff was great

The breakfast

The breakfast

pleasant

needed some cheese to serve

Go to hotel always come back my stay was comfortable and pleasant 😌❤️
    • Standard Room

Layout was nice modern and comfortable.

Our stay was awesome and welcoming

Everything very clean staff was friendly and welcoming

Front desk John provided good hospitality :D

Front desk John provided good hospitality :D

Good for Family

Its was clean and freindlly Staff

Enjoyed staying there as it was quiet too

Restaurant on site

Comfy beds and pillows and ckean bathroom

Pool was heated facilities were all very clean

Pool was heated facilities were all very clean

Rooms were newly renovated and gorgeous.

Rooms were newly renovated and gorgeous. Staff very courteous. Great location.

friendly staff, spacious rooms, (temporary) limited facilities

hotel is under renovation, limited facilities, no vending machine, no bar

friendly staff, spacious rooms

the reception desk stuff are very helpfull and efficient.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

the reception desk stuff are very helpfull and efficient. would like to come again.

• Executive King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel under revonation

One of the worst in my kife
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Renovation in the hotel Hammers star banging at 8:30 No warning when booking or later

Hopefully it will be nicer when renovations are done

Small bathroom

Easy to find

Good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There are no comments available for this review

Not worth the $140.00 for the night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Under renovations. Air conditioning wasn't working properly. Door hinge lock falling off

Not much

I am happy with Mr John, a counter front desk.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I am happy with Mr John, a counter front desk. He personally did best for us. Thank you

Great stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool area and restaurant was nice

I hope they lower the price for a night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reasonable price per night.

I hope they lower the price for a night.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Bartender very personable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Electrical outlet in room with no cover. Old facility. Small bathroom.

Bartender very personable. Front desk personnel not so much

Dont book this hotel

Hotel staff

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

A fair place to stay near Mississauga by the QEW

no Fridge, no Microwave, no free breakfast

location right by the QEW, free parking, free wireless, room is relatively spacious

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Will never come again.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room was smelling and the front desk staff was unfriendly and discourteous.

The location was good

A few surprises
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was not aware of renovations

Most staff were accommodating

Meh

They are under renovation

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Overall very good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi didn't work as well. Wifi signal was in and out.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed could have a little better.

Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Overall good experience for a business stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bartender was pleasant, positive and catered to my requests for food and drink.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Will return to your Hotel when I am in Mississauga again.

nOTHING

YES BREAKFAST AND BEDS WERE VERY GOOD.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Will stay again and advise my other family members and friends to stay there.

Liked everything.

Breakfast was good and waiter was very helpful. All the staff members we're helpful and cooperative.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Quiet area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Should offer breakfast in this price that we paid for room

Quiet area.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

This is your hotel if you want a hard bed!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were very hard. And, the room looked very tired. It's time to refurbish.

Lots of free parking. The pillows were lovely.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Money well spent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No food was available after breakfast time.

Location & Bedding

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Not bad ....
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Peculiar smell in the room, old air-condition, breakfast not value for money....

Free parking, practical location, good WiFi