Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-Ville 4 stars

380 Sherbrooke Street West, H3A 0B1 Montréal, Canada

#30 of 134 hotels in Montréal

Based on 2012 hotel reviews

Would stay here again if I come to Montreal.

None to report.

The staff who checked me in was VERY PROFESSIONAL. Nice smile, friendly and brief me on the area...Plenty of towels. Room was very clean.. Hotel was very quiet too. I would stay here again if I return to Montreal. Very friendly city. Everyone I came in to contact with was friendly and with a smile. Thankyou for the pleasant stay....

room nice and clean, no recommendations

The restaurant was not up to par, seemed disorganized, slow service, food below average and expensive. parking difficult and expensive...

room nice and clean, no recommendations

Location is walking distance to Place des Arts, Chinatown,...

Location is walking distance to Place des Arts, Chinatown, Vieux Port, St. Laurent, and the main drag. Very friendly staff warned us of an event, and allowed us to choose a quieter room. We really appreciated the warning.

Great!!

Brkfast wasn't hot. For 17per person you expect a hot meal, and everything was petite

Cleanliness, close proximity of downtown area and local restaurants

Clean, close and calm.

The closest Starbucks closes at 7pm. Why?

The hotel is quite nice, my room was large and everything was clean. Mont Royal is very close to this hotel, and the view of the city at the top is fantastic.

This was my second time stayed at hilton Montreal I booked...

When you post the price it is better to post by local currency

This was my second time stayed at hilton Montreal I booked online the price was in usd while I am Canadian I didn’t expect you guys are posted by foreign currency that way I paid more than what I expected

My stay was great! Location was perfect!

The beds were extremely comfy! The gym actually has a lot of equipment; pool was great! One of the male concierges’ was very pleasant and helpful; I wish I could remember his name.

It was fine for a last minute weekend stay but not if you are looking for a nice 4* hotel experience

For a 4 star hotel there weren't many amenities for guests. You have to pay for things like toothbrush, toothpaste or razors -- things that should be complimentary and already stocked for a 4 star hotel. They also saw we had 3 guests but room service kept providing only 1 bottle of shampoo, conditioner and soap etc. Overall its at most a 3 star hotel not a 4 star.

Staff was friendly and location was close to most things.

We will go back and highly recommend this hotel.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Nothing. We were pleased with all about this hotel.

Great location, close to Place des Arts, lots of restaurants close by, quiet bedroom, good size of the bedroom. Staff was perfect and smiling. I felt welcome. Oh they have cookies in the lobby with coffee.

The server was excellent

Omelette was poorly done. I was expecting mozzarella cheese like the many other places, instead it was feta cheese. Nowhere in The menu does it say made with feta cheese.

The server was excellent

A great place to stay.

I thought the price was a bit steep. More TP in the room and more chairs on the upstairs deck. Teally trivial little things.

The staff was SUPER on every level. The beds were comfortable and the room quite clean and the location was just perfect.

It was fine, it was nice, the bed was comfy enough and had enough room but wouldn't stay again.

The fact that everything had to be done on a credit card was complete utter crap. They didn't mention this when I booked, otherwise I wouldn't have stayed here. What if we didn't have a credit card? Then what? The pool was rather underwhelming. It was small and even shallow for me it was 4'6 and I'm 5'1. Imagine my 6'0 fiance being in there. For a Hilton I expected more for just the pool area alone.

How everything we wanted to do was in walking distance.

The location is not bad

Nothing really. But then again, we don't expect much anyway. But this one is way better than the one on 35th St NYC where we stayed in for 6 nights.

The location is not bad

Excellent price per value.

The hotel staff. being multi-lingual, is excellent. The room is spacious, very clean , with a view of downtown Montreal. Every question / concern is handled in an expeditious and courteous manner. The hotel location is excellent. Accessibility to restaurants, shopping, sightseeing, and entertainment. Parking is not expensive compared to other cities.

Nice hotel, nice stay, shocked at hidden costs!

More clarity on pricing. There were a lot of hidden costs -- primarily Canadian tax, Quebec tax and Montreal tax, and then an additional tax on the taxes, which almost doubled the amount to be paid. That was not at all clear on the web site. Also, the wording made it seem as if parking and breakfast were included. They are not included and they were both costly.

Great location, solid, basic, comfortable hotel.

Great locating, best sleep ever!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The parking garage was very small and tight but they allowed me to check out and leave my car there for the day.

The bed was so comfortable and clean. The blackout curtains actually blacked out the sun. We slept in!!!! I haven’t slept in since before I had children. The staff were excellent and always helpful. I have never been to a place with better staff.

a mid level business hotel
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

dated decorating. most odd floor plans and very poor use of space.. 10th floor was noisy. maybe under the gym... breakfast was horrible

Staff was extreamly friendly and helpful...location to our daughters flat was excellent..

We really enjoyed our trip to Montreal and this hotel was a nice home base for us and our child.

Our room was a little dated in the decor and we looked out into the middle of the building which was a bit bland, but we had asked for a quiet room.

The room was comfortable. The location was fantastic and let us walk to so many places..the plateau, the Musee des Beaux Arts etc. The room was nice and quiet. It was very clean. Staff were helpful.

Breakfast Crepes were awful and the crepe of the day was the...

Breakfast Crepes were awful and the crepe of the day was the same two days in a row. Stuffed with whole grapes (not even sliced). Couldn’t eat. Disappointed

The location and comfort/cleanliness

The only issue I had was the bathroom water being brown when I first turned it on. I let the water run for a good 5-10mins after I saw this and it began to run clear however there continued to be air in the pipes for shower and sink, the entire time we stayed. I did call reception - I assumed some kind of construction had happened and water turned off- which is exactly what I was told, was advised to let it run and that it was safe to drink. They didn’t offer to move us, only called back to offer us no charge bottled water. Otherwise the place was clean and beds comfortable, the pool was nice although could use a good scrubbing, staff were friendly and check out was fine even though they tried to charge us $118 for someone else’s dinner and called us at 8am about it (wasn’t pleased as have a 4month old who was actually sleeping at the time). The location was good -Old Montreal. And I’ll just quickly mention if you have any mobility issues old Montreal is a nightmare! We walked for over an hour and couldn’t find a restaurant that could accommodate a stroller! Anyways I would still return to this hotel

The location and comfort/cleanliness

It was okay.

The view was the side of a new building.

Although it was less expensive than some hotels, you end up spending more money on taxi service or have to walk in the cold longer than you would if you had booked a hotel closer to St. Catherine, which is where we ended up most evenings anyways.

I would definitely recommend the Hilton Gardens to friends and family and would stay again.

The breakfast restaurant could really use some upgrading. Staff were stressed and often spoke between themselves while guests were getting there breakfast. Long wait to pay the bill. Food was just okay.

Everything was exceptional. Room was a lovely size, pool and gym were perfect. Staff were friendly and courteous. It was perfect. Thank you

Horrible view and even worst parking experience

The fact u have to pay $30 for parking that isn't even available for the guest. It was very inconvenient to have to park 6 floors below and even after explaining it to the manger they didn't seem to care. I ask for a high part of the condo but instead they put us on the side with a horrible view of construction. I would never recommend this hotel.

The pool and gym area

First time in Montreal and travelling was able to walk around and see the many sites

Pricey for location and amentites breakfast should be included and with taxes price came out a lot more then expected!

The sauna was excellent. Next time will stay closer to old Montreal as a lot of walking around. Staff were excellent on recommending places to go and visit.

March break Montreal

The beds were not queen size, they were doubles.

The staff was polite. The parking was convenient. The location was ok. Has a good restaurant.

Montreal weather was a bit dreary but the city and all the staff was vibrant.

The staff was incredibly friendly, helpful and professional. Especially Johnathan, the Concierge; Adriana, the cleaning staff; and Nadira in the restaurant.

Nice place to stay if in Montreal

Paying for parking but it was very convenient

Conveniently located and within walking distance to a lot of areas. Easy access to traveling outside of the immediate area.

I stayed overnight with my mom for a concert. We love walking and it was close to everything.

It was a little noisy

Very clean and comfortable. Helpful and friendly staff. Excellent location - lots of shops/restaurants within walking distance

Location is great. Staff is amazing. Just need some more cleaning.

The floor wasn't clean. We found nuts underneath the chair and table.

The location is perfect. My friend and I travelled to Montreal for nuit blanche and we decided to stay at Hilton garden inn just to try. On our first day, we went for a walk and got back to the hotel around 1 in the morning, not knowing that the shower is broken, so we called the reception right away, and they gave us a new room right away,

would not recommend to friends

room was not cleaned till next day evening. No one showed up to clean the room till, we had to call the reception twice and eventually go down in person to the reception to request them to send someone. Finally they did send someone to clean the room. The bathroom sink was clogged and no tissue papers were kept in the room and calling the reception did not help either. Aside of these issues there was nothing much to say

location is good.

From the front desk staff, to restaurant staff and all...

I was disappointed in the temperature in the pool and whirlpool waters and temperature of the sauna. The sauna had not been turned on and I left due to the cold temperature. I was disappointed, because my main reason for choosing the hotel was due to the pool and its facilities; since I was traveling with a toddler and wanted him to enjoy the pool.

From the front desk staff, to restaurant staff and all around staff in the hotel were extremely approachable. The location of the hotel, is great. The food was good at the hotel, we had lunch there. Great breakfast places within walking distance. Great place for families traveling with children.

Impressed with service by concierge.

Impressed with service by concierge. While I was checking in he guided my husband to park the car. He came right in to tell me where to wait becuase my husband will be right up. The front desk gave me the parking ticket that I had to put on my car dash but the concierge volunteered to do it for me! A little something that went a long way! Thank you!

In general was a good place to stay

I made my reservation for nice view in front of the city but the room that the staff gave it to me was not in front so I couldn’t nothing just the windows of the hotel. Also was not included the breakfast :(

Pool, parking space was great

A great way to spend the night in Montreal!

TV channel selection was a little lacking- no FOOD NETWORK! says my 11 yr. old:)

Everything was great! Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and the pool/hot tub was amazing- but you have to remember to bring the towels from your room.

It was quite, good location within walking distance of most...

Very low water pressure and lack of hot water in the shower. The toilet paper was almost the roughest we have used.

It was quite, good location within walking distance of most things.

Breakfast was typicall American, not very tasty.

Breakfast was typicall American, not very tasty. But this could be also just our opinion, as we are used to European Breakfast and it is big difference. The lady at Breakfast (Victoria) was suuuuper kind and professional. We felt very welcomed.

"Free" wifi was useless.

The parking garage was difficult to get out of. Parking cost was unexpected and very high at $28. We were not prepared for the cost, but with no other options for parking you were stuck with it. The wifi didn't work - AT ALL, but I bet it would have if I'd have paid the $4.95. I was cold and my thermostat wouldn't work, even though I raised the temperature.

The hotel & room was beautiful, the bed was comfortable and the location was in walking distance to our destination - the track at McGill.

Relaxing and safe

When I checked in the reservation was under my guests name. Which was odd cause I used my name and credit card to book the hotel. Just a little inconvenient.

Clean room! Refreshments in the lobby!

It was great. Would recommend it to a friend

The parking entrance was very small and there were no instructions on how to park prior to checking in.

The staff were very accomodating, they even went as far as calling us the night before check out to confirm if we needed help with luggage.

Felt like a guest of honor.

I had to come down to the reception to process my card once again right after I had settled in my room.

Bed, sheets, and pillows were beyond comfortable; amazing staff as well.

Large room, great front desk staff, clean

Restaurant breakfast buffet limited hot food choices. On arrival restaurant not available because of an outside company function.

Large room, great front desk staff, clean

Would stay again .

Walking distance to many good restaurants and shopping centres which can be traversed underground when its really cold . Mont Royal park is nearby and a pleasant walk from the hotel . Gymnasium is well equipped with both machines and free weights .

Not what I was expecting from a Hilton

We had to move twice due to lack of wi-fi connection in our first room. Glad we did, it was very cold in the room (2d floor). Pity the nice steam-bath went out of order during our stay, could use it only once. The breakfast was the biggest disappointment. Not what you'd expect from Hilton standard (17$+tax!). Cold pancakes and French toasts. No veggies. Low taste quality from a European point of view.

Friendly and helpful staff. Fantastic location downtown. Great bed. Big room. Nice fitness and pool facilities.

Great value. Very clean. Good location and amazing staff. Also the 11th pool and hot tub were great!

Great price for a great room....lots of space, very clean, all amenities included. The staff at the front desk was super helpful helping us find great locations for dinner, breakfast and even a late night drink we could walk to. They would call ahead and book tables for us as well as call transportation to help get us there. Service was equivalent to what your would expect at a 5 star hotel, and this was over the Christmas holiday. Very impressed, especially considering what I paid.

Great facilities but a little challenging in the cold weather.

It was challenging to get to from metro at first. They didn’t clean our room after first night. But we did ask for towels and for them. Gym was so cold. 5C. No towels or Water in gym. An airport shuttle would make all the difference.

Good space staff was nice. Spa water. Water bottles in room although only one first night. Gym faculty was well equipped. Room was awesome.

great price and a great Hotel

Great location in Downtown Montreal surrounded by great restaurants, Metro trains, shops, etc. Hotel was above expectations and great price :) Underground parking is great !

I had a wonderful week-long stay with my family. The staff were wonderfully helpful and friendly.

Hot tub was closed...I had selected this hotel specifically because I wanted to have access to a pool and full spa facilities. Nevertheless, the steam sauna made up for it.

Modern, clean and comfortable. Excellent location.

Delightfully superb!

Friendly and professional atmosphere; very helpful and attentive staff; terrific location - close to anything that you would be interested in doing while in Montreal. Will return, and very soon!

Gym was nice.

When we pulled up nobody offered to take our bags or tell us where to park. It wasn't the warmest welcome. The coffee maker didn't work. The hotel bar service wasn't great. The parking garage is cramped.

Gym was nice. Bed was great. Room was big. Central location.

Location was great.

Location was great. Short walk to Old Montreal, the Bell Centre and sights downtow. Really pleasant staff. We went for sight seeing and a hockey game so it worked out perfectly.

Clean, convenient and happy place to be.

Breakfast was poorly prepared, served cold. Not much to choose from.

Very clean and specious rooms. Staff is very attentive and knowledgeable. Great atmosphere at the lobby. Convenient parking.

Comfortable hotel in a good down-town location

We wanted to arrange a late check-out as we had a 9 pm flight out of Montreal. We managed to negotiate a 1 pm check-out at no extra cost, but to stay until 5 pm would have cost us the full night rate. Hotels are missing a trick here - we would have happily paid $50 for a 5 pm check-out which would still leave an hour or two to prepare the room for the next guest. This seems to be current practice with North American hotels but we wish they could display a little more flexibility towards night fliers!

We liked the evening bar food and friendly service. The pool and spa area were most pleasant and very quiet during our stay. Rooms large and quiet.

First time to Montreal but counting the days until we return largely due to our experience with the

Can't thnk of one negative thing about the hotel or staff.

Everything about the hotel exceeded our expectations, and we've stayed at some very good properties including in the US, the Caribean and Europe. The pool/fitness center and in-door parking garage were FANTASIZEl. Every little thing seemed to be thought of and stellar. Can't say enough about the hotel except this was our first time to Montreal, and we are already counting the days until we return largely due to how much we enjoyed our accomodations. Merci!

Too expensive for what you get if you are staying only for a night or two! Good location for tourist

Parking was quite expensive although it was in the middle of the city and I understand but still... The restaurant was also quite expensive the food was ok!

Beds were comfortable, room was clean

It was throughly enjoyable thank you.xo

We felt bad to ask for coffee both days there was only ever 2 regular put out but we were 4 the staff explained thats how they do it and not to feel bad for asking it's no trouble for them.

Shower was fantastic pool was awesome hot tub was brilliant sauna was fabulous loved it all.xo

Great hotel for families with small children. Nice pool area, spacious room and friendly staff.

- Spacious room - Comfy bed and pillows - Great views in the pool area - Pool extended hours (5 a.m.-11 p.m.) - Could leave car till 6 p.m. on our checkout date (checkout was 11 am).

Very friendly staff, nice service, comfortable room.

Swimming pool is rather small and the fitness room is missing good spinning bicycles.

Very friendly staff, nice service, comfortable room. It was nice that the fitness room was open very early in the morning.

I liked the warm and kind greetings given by the people at...

A tad bit outdated.

I liked the warm and kind greetings given by the people at the reception. Especially this one fella called Gabriel, bless him, think English banter left him a bit bright eyed. But honestly, very nice people indeed. Everything else is good, didn't have any complaints.

Good. Oliver at the front desk was amazing.

Wifi was spotty but the front desk warned me about it, no big deal. TV was a little strange, I couldn't directly switch to any digital channel...had to cucle through Everytime, pretty inconvenient.

Bed was great.

Great stay. I’d go back anytime.

The room was spacious. The bathrooms had a lot of room and towels. The fitness centre was well equipped with equipment. I also liked that you needed your room key to get to your floor. Safety first.

nice located hotel for city trips

I forgot my toothbrush and to get one from the hotel was 2$. It's not a big deal but I'm just not used to that.. It's a pretty expensive hotel ;)

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Hotel Montreal although it was just for one night. We arrived 4 hours before the check-in and it was no problem to park the car in their garage! :) Also we were able to check in 2 hours earlier. The location is really nice, we walked to all the famous places we wanted to visit like the Schwartz Smoked Meat and St. Catherine Street. In the lobby there was always fresh and cold lemon water and sometimes cherry juice! And I LOVED the bed.

Was really clean, room are spacious, pool is great and the...

Our room window was giving on a courtyard so it was a bit dark. Next would ask for a city view.

Was really clean, room are spacious, pool is great and the location is good. Overall experience was great.

I liked it.

The car entry space is a bit tight for cars coming in and out...

The room was ridiculously spacious and neat, I loved it. We appreciated alot the sound proof having had our room facing Sherbrooke street. The staff was friendly.

Montreal - A beautiful, accessible city with excellent cultural and dining options. Don't miss it!

I really have nothing to take away from the experience at this hotel. Thank you to the staff and management for creating such a great experience for your guests! The accolades are well deserved.

This last minute hotel pick was easy from the moment we arrived, especially with parking and storage of large items like cycling equipment. Great staff, rooms, beds, location and happy hour experience at Circos - the hotel's restaurant and bar. The pool and fitness facilities are impressive as well. We also got a solid recommendation for a restaurant a few blocks away with a delicious late night menu and lucked out with outdoor seating on an unseasonably warm night. Good luck finding bad food in Montreal - I don't think you'll be successful :). Pretty much everything you'll want to do is within walking distance or a short cab ride away. Can't wait to go back!

Great gym, pool, very friendly staff, comfy bed.

As usual, the air-condition is noisy. I seem to complain about that everywhere in the Americans, maybe noisy air-conditions are some sort of a tradition. WLAN was a little weak (room at the end of the floor), for conference calls I had to sit directly behind the room door because signal was almost nonexistent at the window.

Great gym, pool, very friendly staff, comfy bed. If you need something fixed they are really fixing it super quick! I just mentioned it briefly at the front desk and 10 minutes later someone showed up.

Nice location and very nice concierge service, clean hotel

There was no WIfi in the room ans very weak connection. A big harsh it for us and family it was a promise that they advertise wifi in the room but not delivered. It was a major problem for us.

Restful respite

It was hard to see how to drive onto the property (the sidewalk is unmarked) and how to get the car into the parking garage (where do you leave the car to check in?). Once in the parking garage, it was very hard finding the way out - not marked well.

The beds were super comfy. The front desk staff gave us a nice room for handicapped access which we appreciated. The lemon water in the lobby was delicious and greatly appreciated after a long trip. Great location.

Horrible first experiece will not stay at Hilton ever again

Dirty pool , dirty sink , vending machines broken , hairs in new towels we didn’t even use yet .ect ect also a surcharge to park:/ Marriott is where it’s at shame on you Hilton

Wonderful staff and very nice accommodations.

n/a Although i might book a stay in a Hilton property closer to old downtown.

Very friendly staff. Great breakfast included in our stay. Ease of getting a taxi.

Very nice

Room looked out over an alley. It was some sort of garbage pick up day so I had to listen to the beeping of this truck backing down the alley and slamming all the bins for half an hour way too early in the day.

Very secure building. Needed room keys to get to floors with rooms. Had to be staying in the hotel to access parking.

Very nice

Maybe everything in Montreal is this expensive, but the room rate seemed pretty high compared to what I'm used to at Hilton Garden Inns

Room very spacious and comfortable; staff very friendly and helpful; food and drink very good

We enjoyed our stay and the staff was great.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Parking situation- wish it had been included in price and it was confusing when we got to street level via elevators -we were actually in the lobby of the apartments and had to go outside to get to the lobby of the hotel. Signage wasn't effective.

Wonderful experience, wold happily stay here again in the furure.

Very large and comfortable room. The facility is centrally located and within walking distance to many attractions in the city, including Notre Dame Cathedral, China Town, Old Montreal and the port.

We enjoyed it

Internet access was very poor even with the help of frontdesk . Same for all our phones (android and Iphone). Not the best view for us

Breakfast was good and beds comfy. Good location as close to McGill university and city center.

• One-Bedroom King Suite

excellent, clean, location to downtown was fantastic. great weekend. quiet, staff was very professional and accommodating wouldn't hesitate recommending to others. rates were normal for this district

Browse Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-Ville traveller photo gallery