Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Ottawa Airport 3 stars

2400 Alert Road, K1V 1S1 Ottawa, Canada

#11 of 56 hotels in Ottawa

• Queen Evolution Room

There was a lady in front desk and she couldnt believe that we will stay there.. her behavior was too unprofessional..

Bed was perfect!! It was so comfy that we couldnt get out of it 💜

• Queen Evolution Room

I had a room with two Queen size beds. Both mattresses were past their prime and should be replaced. Sitting on the edge of the bed and the mattress creases right down to the box spring. I was in room 711. Cheers

The dining room was very good. Great location

• King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Swimming pool was so small that it could not hold too many people.

The room is big and clean equipped with coffee machine, fridge, TV and hair dryer. Breakfast buffet was so nice with many options!

• Queen Evolution Room

While the front desk staff were very friendly and kind, none of them seemed to be trained properly where payments were concerned. In spite of getting an excellent rate from Booking.com (roughly $500 to keep it simple for this review), when checking in they told us that our room was going to cost about $700. After a bit of confusion they managed to figure things out, and because one of us arrived before the other, they charged the total to one card and said we could split it up later. When we attempted to do this, however, I ended up with almost $1000 of holds on my credit card (splitting the $500 for our room should have meant $250 on each card). They had a charge for the $250, an additional $50 (some sort of fee that was briefly explained to me), as well as the $700+ they had tried to charge initially upon arrival. When I saw this on my web banking statement the night before check out, I inquired about it the next morning and they "fixed" it and assured me it would clear in a couple of days. After returning home, I waited almost a week and none of the charges had cleared, which meant I couldn't use my credit card for anything (good thing I didn't need it for an emergency on the trip home). I had to spend over three hours on the phone with both the hotel and Visa, the latter telling me that the hotel staff had put the payment through incorrectly and that was why the $700 wouldn't clear off my card. There was a lot of back-and-forth, the hotel telling me to call Visa, Visa telling me I had to get the hotel to call them, then calling Visa back again to verify that they had removed the holds. (Special thank you to the nice girl at the front desk who worked with me over many phone calls to try to get everything sorted out that night!) After all of that, the charges still didn't clear until later the next evening. So while I loved the hotel itself, and even the nice staff, they need to have better instruction.

The hotel was very clean and well-tended. Staff were incredibly friendly, welcoming, and helpful. Our room was wonderfully clean, stocked, and spacious.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Breakfast should be included for the price paid.

This is a wonderful hotel but its expensive. For the money paid I think the breakfast should be included. Staff and hotel room were exceptional.

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

Dinner tables in lounge/dinner area are sticky, waitress did clean it but still was sticky. Pool is a little small but fine

Large rooms, clean, better than expected.

• Queen Evolution Room

For the price an included breakfast would have been appreciated as the food prices were very expensive causing us to eat off site all weekend.

The front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating. Rooms were large and comfortable. House keeping staff were friendly and helpful. The pool, hot tub and work out facilities were nice.

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

The television programming was not good at all. We were in Ottawa for a medical procedure, so we were stuck in the room while the patient was recovering. The channels on the listing did NOT match the actual channels in some cases. Discovery channel was a parliamentary channel or something. Very disappointing.

Room had a fridge and microwave. View of the airport and planes coming and going was exactly what I wanted. Could set thermostat for my own comfort.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

We can't hate it because it was so amazing

Your maintenence was very very nice My kids and friends could not stop talking about how amazing it was.we loved it all.

• Queen Evolution Room

The shower pressure was the biggest let down.

I like the friendliness of the staff, the breakfast was delicious, and the rooms were large which is always a plus.

• King Room - Evolution

The dinner menu was a bit short could be expanded slightly but still good choices on there.

Great location and was a lovely fantastic stay. The dinner was also nice the carrot cake was just the best the 3 nights I stayed had it every night after dinner it was that good.

• King Room - Evolution

could not believe people could be so ignorent talking loud and laughing loud on the third floor at two oclock in the morning , i called rooom service and they came right away.

everything was excellent ,will return no problem

Free Continental breakfast.

Room - Excelent. The only reason I cannot give a 10 is that every other hotel that we pay over $140 a night has a Free continental breakfast. Food at the restaurant was excellent.

• Queen Evolution Room

Huge comfortable rooms They will store perishable groceries for people going to Northern Canada/Nunavut as many of us bring up food. Good restaurant.

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing to dislike about this hotel.

The staffs were great and made us very welcoming when we arrived even at 10.30pm. The breakfast was excellent and I will tell this place to my friends.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

Not much. It was more expensive than the others. But you get what you pay for.

Location was good, shuttle was 24 hours, which was key. The shuttle driver was super responsive. Bed was very comfortable, very quiet.

• Queen Evolution Room

The pool is not great. The hot tub was luke warm at best.. and the jets didn't work. My daughter and I usually love to spend time in a pool but it was no good.

Restaurant was excellent, room was spacious.

• King Room - Evolution

I called for the shuttle from YOW and stood waiting in the freezing cold for at least 20 min until a neighbouring hotel shuttle felt sorry for me and kindly drove me to the Hilton. The coffee in the foyer was not good.

Cleanliness, proximity to YOW, staff.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

First rate shuttle service. Friendly staff. Really comfortable lounge area especially if you are looking for some serenity. Big rooms. Ask about the about the rooms for those with physical needs.

• Queen Evolution Room

Pool was on the small side and could have been warmer. Signage on the streets to get to the airport was non-existent.

Bed and pillows were comfy. Hot tub was nice to relax in.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

I had a complimentary breakfast ticket which I presented to the server. When I checked out there were no extra charges on my receipt but 2 days later I check my credit card statement and they charged me extra for the breakfast. So much for the advertised complimentary breakfast.

Breakfast was good

• King Room - Evolution

Bed was hard, but I’ve stayed in another room with a comfy bed so it may just be one that’s waiting for an upgrade

Such a great location and so easy to get in and out of! I’ve stayed a few times when taking early flights and I wouldn’t choose anywhere else.

Everything was enjoyable!!!!!

Have stayed here quite abit since my daughter is attending university in Ottawa. We like the location and the room sizes. The room are nicely decorated and the bed and pillows are soooo comfortable. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Restaurant is convenient and food is excellent. Service staff at the restaurant are friendly and very efficient.

• Queen Evolution Room

No movie channel. Was not working and maintenance coud not fix

The roast beef was the best I ever eaten and recommended it to my 2 brothers living in Ottawa

• King Room - Evolution

No ventilation in our room, 75 degrees when we arrived in room. Staff gave us a fan, but moving hot air around in a room is not the solution. We had to open our door to the hallway and set the fan in the open doorway to bring in fresh air. Was not comfortable to sleep in those conditions. Our last day we left our room around 10.3am, room service was next door, my wife told the room staff that our room could now be serviced, we also mentioned the same to the desk staff as we passed by, came back to our room at 10:30 pm and found we had no room service done. Was not happy with the out come for our last night at the hotel.

• Queen Evolution Room

Room was quiet spacious, it was very clean bed were super comfortable. Washroom were full equipped with the business traveler needs. Breakfast was outstanding for two people with only 10 dollars extra.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

Was only there for one night and had to leave before breakfast service began, however the room was clean and comfortable and the staff were very helpful and welcoming. The shuttle service to and from the airport was a huge plus - very timely and got me where I needed to be with no inconvenience.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

The facilities were fantastic, large rooms, very comfortable and clean. The staff were more than accommodating and friendly. The location was perfect, right across from the EY Centre and very close to the airport.

• Queen Evolution Room

The hallways are 24 deg C. The rooms can't be reasonably kept below 21 C because of the ambient temp in the hall. Reduce the temp in the halls, save money, let people heat their rooms if required, everybody sleeps comfortably

The cookies at the front desk and the water and coffee in the entrance. The restaurant had a good buffet and dinner menu and was reasonably priced. Excellent sized rooms and bathrooms.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

My room was freezing cause the heat was broken, got a small explanation and Hilton honors points. Think more should have been done due to the inconvenience

Staff was nice

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

Noise in hallway and elevator noise, biggest issue is the heavy room door slamming shut . Very noisy overall.

Room size, comfortable beds, big washroom, overall cleanliness

Absolutely nothing

Room was spacious, bathroom was a perfect size, very clean. Bed was comfortable and of course the cookies at reception desk were delicious

Everything was fine.

Fine for a quick overnight stay while in transit. Check-in and check-out was fast and easy. The rooms are quite large and are fine. I only checked-in, slept and left early the next morning, so can't say much more about the hotel.

• Queen Evolution Room

Had 300 people come in on a cancelled flights paid a good dollar for my room did not get any sleep because they kept staff over to feed them room service knocking on doors all around me yelling room service at 1 in the morning. Talk to the front desk in the morning. No satisfaction was told those people had the right to eat and have service at that hour but I also had the right to have a good night sleep which I didn't .Generally a very great place to stay just had a horrible experience this time

Very clean courteous staff close to the airport

• Queen Evolution Room

The room is bigger than we expect, and its clean. The breakfast buffet were great. We feel comfortable staying in the hotel. We will definitely stay at the same hotel when we ever have the chance to go to Ottawa again. My kids really enjoy the swimming pool. We had a wonderful stay at Hilton Garden Inn.

• Queen Evolution Room

Described as Airport Hotel but required shuttle bus to access , however shuttle bus was waiting and it was only a short drive

Staff / Customer service

• Queen Evolution Room - Disability Access

No free breakfast. I know it's no travel lodge but every hotel should offer a free breakfast. The breakfast buffet for $13 is the exact same food found at a free breakfast elsewhere.

The room was big and comfortable. Staff at check in was great. Pool is small but great for kids.

• King Room - Evolution

Layout of the room was odd. Moist towels, towels were in the shower stacked on a shelf opposite of shower head.

Plenty of parking. Staff was accommodating. Close to the city.

• King Room - Evolution

One front desk person was always in a foul mood (including our first stay). Never smiled and was curt with responses.

Beds were comfy. We arrived at 1 am and left at 7:30 am. Not much time to visit the hotel unfortunately.

• King Room - Evolution

I booked a king bed. When me and my husband got there they certainly had a queen in the bedroom. We have a king at home and we can fit another person between us. This bed we were side by side all night. I called customer service and they said that it was and I wasn’t going to fight them but I know the difference between a king and a queen.

Rooms are a good size. Staff is friendly. They keep citrus water up at the front always. Which is refreshing. They have coffee at the door as well.

• King Room - Evolution

I had called two weeks before our stay to see if the restaurant would be open for supper on Christmas Day. I was told it would be, when my wife and I arrived to check in and have supper, I was informed it was closed. I realize it was Christmas, but after calling and being told it would be open it was disappointing. We could have made other arrangements had we known.

Friendly staff, very clean, spacious rooms and close to airport for early morning departures. ( terrific gentleman driving your shuttle service)

See above

Water temperature in all taps (two plus shower) very problematic and almost dangerous. For a room with so much handicap equipment water temperature in shower dangerously erratic

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

The room was older, the tv was small and programming is terrible and they want 20 for a pay per view movie there is no bathtub

The restaurant was good

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

I was surprised that for the reasonable amount we paid, we got such a gorgeous hotel so very close to the airport, with a free airport shuttle. Staff were great. I had been worried about getting a shuttle at 4:00 a.m. on demand, but it was there within five minutes and the driver was friendly, grabbed my suitcase coming and going, and drove competently in snow and freezing rain. The room was enormous (I think it was a handicapped room), and dead quiet. The beds were comfortable, and my husband, who is not a lover of duvets, appreciated the warm blanket in the closet. The wake up call came when scheduled. The alarm clock was easy to operate. There was a coffee machine in the room, as well as coffee and a big carafe of citrus water in the lobby at 3:30 a.m.

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms are huge and we had a microwave and fridge. Beds very comfortable and staff go out of their way to assist. The also offer a shuttle to the airport which is ready on demand!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Queen Evolution Room

Aa a frequent traveler and Hilton Honors member, I am accustomed to getting preferred rooms....not a first floor room directly beside a main parking entrance (loud door closing sll night) and directly across from a main staff entrance for the maids

Nothing at al....

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

Everything was excellent from the quality of the hotel, great staff, the registration process, the room itself, the dinner at the on-site restaurant, the breakfast in the morning, quick checkout, on-site parking, location beside the Ottawa Airport. Would stay there again if the price was right.

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

Airport Shuttle has to be called for pickup. There are no signs in the airport saying that and no phones available to call. People without a cell phone are SOL! Also, not easy to find the local number to call to get the shuttle. Shuttle cannot be booked in the morning and only fits 7 people. I did not make it. You need to allow extra time to allow for waiting for the shuttle. Booking it ahead would be way more convenient for guests.

Short stay as only there for about 7 hours over nighting on a connection. Room was very large and quiet. Check in was efficient and friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

Outrageous price for what was offered, and an extra $50 was added to my credit card as a “deposit”. I had already pre paid the $253 for the room. The breakfast buffet wasn’t included and is not that great for the price.

Fast check in. Closest hotel to the airport.

• Queen Evolution Room

The beds. Tried both Queen sized beds in our room & both sagged Mattresses need to be replaced. You roll into the middle all night long.

• King Room - Evolution

Didn’t eat there no menu just buffet too expensive for an egg and 2 pieces of bacon. If you are not a big breakfast eater you need to go off premises to eat

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool could have been cleaner. The hot tub jets were not working, and the majority of elevators were out of service, creating a wait for guests.

Rooms were a great size. All the Staff were very friendly!

• Queen Evolution Room

Room was too big. Clean but almost seemed hollow. Not cozy. No safe in room. No automatic lighting. Lamps must be individually lit.

Nice open lobby. Cute amenities like complinentary lemon water, cookies,and coffee at lobby. I found such gesture welcoming n hospitable.

• King Room - Evolution

I made my booking a couple of weeks before my stay but at check in was given a room next to the elevator. I was told that at check in but never thought that the noise would be bothersome enough to constantly wake us up at all hours of the night. The other problem is that the shower did not work. You could run the bath but the pull knob to engage the shower was broken. At check out I feel that the clerk did not really care how my stay was.

There is nothing I disliked

Smart clean very spacious room...loved how wonderfully it was decorated. From the moment we landed to our connecting flight was fantastic. Loved the shuttle that picked us up within minutes of us arriving and then dropping us when we left! The reception staff were very helpful and greeted us with smiles.. keep up the good work guys! Rashida from U.K.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

I didn't get Hilton points for my stay. Room was under-furnished relative to its size..

Very well run hotel. Super convenient to the airport and to my destination while in Ottawa.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

Had a strange room on the first floor - felt like a converted meeting room. Large but with high ceilings and sparsely furnished relative to the room size, it wasn't very cosy. I would ask for a room on a higher floor in the future.

• Queen Evolution Room

we stayed there again on oct 12 and this time we found the room to be very noisy, would not book that room again. Again the staff was friendly and helpful, room clean, would stay at this hotel again just not in that room 711.

the beds were very comfortable, the room was very clean and the staff were helpful. The location was great for us as we flew in from BC and did not arrive till about 1:30 am so were tired and just wanted a place near the airport.

• King Room - Evolution

Could have used a continental breakfast as we left for airport at 5 am and could not eat a large breakfast that early, just a light breakfast would be good!

Close us to the airport. Pool and hot tub very nice. Room was spacious and clean.

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

the staff was very friendly and accommodating. the room was large, clean and comfortable. everything anyone could want was available at this hotel.

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

The room is spacious, I especially like the sink and countertop in the room to make coffee, feels like at home. I will recommend the people travel with the family to stay here.

• Queen Evolution Room

House keeping forgot about us one day.

Where ever we had to go it seemed we were just minutes away, in any direction. Liked that a lot. The restaurant at hotel was very convient as well as tasty. I have a gluten allergy and they accommodated me!

• King Room - Evolution

Bit of a mix up at the beginning, we were given keys to a room that was already occupied. The keys did not open for that room although that was the number of the room that was given to us. A cleaning attendant opened the door for us and a man screamed EXCUSE ME!

large room with high ceilings. Very clean and stylish. Bathroom was well supplied with towels, soaps etc.

• Queen Evolution Room

Vending machines were out of water and juice.

Rooms are modern, clean and comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Service in the dining room was superb.

• King Room - Evolution

By the second time in less then 15 days, confusion at check in because of inaccurate informations given to the hotel by booking.com. Staff helped to find a solution. Breakfast? Just don't try it.

Very poor taste decoration but large rooms.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

The TV is small, had to move the table closer to the bed to watch TV. No complimentary bottle water in the room. Paying by Debit card hassle, after paying the full amount for 2 nights, extra deposit of $200.

Friendly staff, clean environment. The bed was very comfortable. The view to the airport runway was great. Having a Fridge, Microwave, coffee maker and Ironing board was great.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

all was fine!! We would have liked to have adjoining rooms but we were on the same floor so it worked out .

the brunch was very good and the staff were excellent. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful as were the housekeeping staff. We would definitely stay here again.all

• Queen Evolution Room

Not enough washers/dryers and people are putting their items in and leaving. Need more than 3 machines :)

OMG those cookies things on the counter are too die for !! I love that they have a nice fresh lemon water daily and the special cookies.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

I stayed at the beginning and end of my trip. Both times the fire alarms were tripped. We were not told when the emergency ended and were left to our own devices in the late evening. This resulted in Interrupted sleep. When I mentioned to staff that a announcement should be made to give the all clear, they said it wasn't their problem if the alarm was set off by unknown parties. Not satisfactory!

I liked the proximity to the airport and the friendly staff.

• Queen Evolution Room

cleanliness of the bathroom. Specifically the tub/shower. Strands of hair not removed

Close to the airport. Spacious rooms. Large dining room and lobby. Quick elevators.

• King Evolution Room with Sofa Bed

Receipt should be given to guests before or upon checking out. Reception staff should show more hospitality. We wished to have a microwave.

Room is pretty large. 2 rooms were beside each other. We can order the kitchen make eggs the way we like. Many other inns offer only precooked scrambled eggs.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

That I was unable to stay another day due to my schedule.

As I have some mobility issues, it was a delight navigating this location. Hot tub was a joy at the end of the day. Breakfast was fabulous.

• Queen Evolution Room

I did not get a receipt at the hotel for the cost of my room. The front desk told me I would receive an email containing the receipt but I have not. It would have been nice to see the bill.

I have stayed here before and will go again. The coffee in the morning in the lobby is a wonderful feature as well as the cold lemon water and the cookies in the evening when you feel a little nibbly are all great!!!! Room was clean and quiet and towels were great.

• Deluxe Queen Evolution Room with Two Queen Beds

No kettles in rooms! The only way to get boiling water in order to prepare food for a baby was to use a microwave. An advise to use a coffee maker given by a receptionist wasn't very sensible, although i didn't bother to explain that it was for a baby.

Rooms were clean, with modern furniture and bathroom. Bar and restaurant were awesome! Breakfast buffet offered a variety of freshly cooked food, great value for the money. Same with lunch or dinner. Looking for a different restaurant in the vicinity simply is a waste of time.

• King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accessible

The only problem was not leaving the car at the hotel for the week, But were given a discount voucher for the airport parking that worked very well.

The King Bed was very comfortable.