Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown 3 stars

90 22nd Street East, S7K 3X6 Saskatoon, Canada

#23 of 52 hotels in Saskatoon

Resteraunt and breakfast amazing

1) we never had adjoining rooms as requested twice as a family reunion. I had called again the day of and they agreed to accommodate. We still did not have them. 2) The pool had many people and kids and it was full. I was sitting next to a staff member and was told it was their family and the were allowed to bring family to swim also. We actually left as many adults/kids in the pool. This is not acceptable and would not return to this hotel for that reason. 3) Breakfast and service in resteraunt amazing.

The hot tub was smaller then we were expecting and the seats were low so we couldn’t sit all the way down. The snacks were a bit over priced.

Very comfy beds! Quiet hotel, clean. Great staff!

When I checked in at midnight, they had given away the two rooms I booked on Booking.com, for my family and my brother's family, to some other guests. The night auditor told me I would have to sort it out in the morning - as though this was somehow my mistake! He did offer us parking and breakfast as an apology, however. The rooms have walls so thin that we could hear everything in the room next door including the toilet flushing and people talking. The pillows are awful. Even my 6 year old complained about how bad they were. We all have stiff necks now. The pool is nice but was in use for private swimming lessons the entire time we were there. It was uncomfortable to try to swim in the cordoned off shallow area. The parking lot is wide open and unmonitored in a deserted part of downtown at night but still costs $15/day.

Some of the staff at the desk were very good. The location is excellent in downtown YXE. The rooms were clean and well appointed with exceptions noted below. The breakfast options are great.

Parking lot is not great.

Beds were very comfortable. Shower was outstanding...perfect water pressure, and easy temperature control. Nice to have a Starbucks Coffee shop on-site. Location is excellent...close to everything downtown Saskatoon has to offer.

The breakfast was not great. It was also very expensive for what you got. Also, the meal provided in the evening for our business awards program was not good. They ran out of food.

I didn't like that my Booking.com reservation said that it included free breakfast, but it did not.

The front desk staff were very friendly. Breakfast was delicious! (note: I thought our reservation included free breakfast as per the booking...it did not...so the front desk staff gave us the free breakfast anyway)

Rude front desk clerks.

The two gentlemen working the front were extremely rude and made me feel uncomfortable and very disconcerned with my business or their conduct with their service.

• King Room with City View

Food was over priced and not great, our creme brulee top was burned, the white chocolate brownie was very dry, burger was not as ordered, potato skins were loaded with green onion and not much else. Was expecting a large corner tub from the pictures and was disappointed to see thats not what our room had.

Clean, great pool, great location.

We were told that the Hilton was a higher end hotel and that you definitely get what you pay for. We booked here because my boyfriend had a training course through ACI Sask. We felt the hotel did not cater to young families, and more to people who were strictly there for business only with no family. There was no baby change table in the washroom and our baby was not allowed in the lounge when we were told upon checking in that it should not be a problem. Which meant we had to sit in the lobby for supper and then were forced to pay for our food before we received it. For $200+ a night it was joke.

Being located across from the mall made shopping easy. The room service and food was great.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Had the breakfast buffet, aweful... everything had to be at least a week old, aside from the fresh omelet which was good. Next time I’d just eat at Starbucks.

It was noisy mechanical sounds. hard to get on the internet

good front desk staff, very helpful. and maintenance guy came and fixed my tub plug immediately!

The hotel does not have it's own parking. You pay $15.00 per day to park next door. This added expense was not indicated with Booking.com. This makes it an expensive place to stay. No complimentary breakfast.

The staff were helpful and very pleasant. This includes cleaning, food services and front desk.

I have stayed at similar hotels that charged a lot less and they gave at least a continental breakfast some have offered free hot breakfast. This one has two choices: pay 15.95 PP for buffet breakfast or buy breakfast sandwich at the in house coffee bar. there is a Tim's 4 mins down road though.

The location is handy. The pool and Jacuzzi tub was nice and the overall vibe of the place was relaxed.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

smart TVs didn't have video usb drives, just picture and music. Charged us 15 dollars for 1 overnight parking...

Highly recommend ordering White Chocolate brownie Desert for room service! Better than Moxie's!! Bathroom was bright and clean, hot tub worked great.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Not so clean. My sister found a personal item from orbs guest in the sheets of the very uncomfortable hideabed she slept on. Called front desk and housekeeper came to change sheets. No apology or acknowledgement from hotel

Was alright. Convenient for meetings with clients.

they charged me a destination tax I was not told about nor would I have agreed to parking was also an additional $15

the beds had a comfort adjuster so you could choose how soft or firm the mattress was

The parking fees are way too high. The hotel rooms cost enough without having to pay for parking as well. If the booking would have mentioned that parking was not included, I would NOT have booked at this hotel.

It was nice and quiet and the bed was comfortable. The food in the restaurant was good but too pricey for the amount of food you get.

• King Room with City View

No complaints.

This hotel was across the street from a mall, was close to several restaurants, and it included a daily breakfast which was great. Starbucks in the lobby was convenient and there was a lovely lounge to sit and read while drinking morning coffee. Staff members were very accommodating.

On Thursday, June 15th, I was a little bit busy and I could't came back on-time to gather my stuff, I had couple of meetings which tool longer than what I expected, anyhow, I was late and I charged for being late to checkout! After 4 days of stay in the hotel. I think it was a little bit unfair. I wish Hilton pay me back that penalty charge.

Location was not great for leisure travel. Paid parking - not included in rate. Small room, stuck at the end of the hall in the corner. Staff did not honour the rate quoted by booking.com. Had to complain and then the manager later that day called and eventually did honour the rate.

It was fine - not great.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

See above

Very clean, excellent food services available. Great downtown location Stayed on the 4th floor this time. This room needs paint, closet door needs updating.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

There is nothing that we didn't like, our next girls weekend will be here

perfect location for those wanting to shop and just tour around downtown. They let us check in two hours early AND checkout is at 12:00 (the extra hour is nice to have) Beautiful hotel and great staff, would definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

The room was very warm. Took a long time for the temp to come down Pillows to soft for our liking

Very helpful, courteous staff Very comfortable bed. Great breakfast. Across the street from Midtown mall

The bed was horrible! The two halves of the bed had a different height with about a 3" difference. So when I gravitated to the middle of the bed I either felt like I was looking into the side of the mattress or falling off of it.

I liked the friendly staff and downtown location. The free lotions were excellent quality.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

The BEDS. The so called adjustable number sure didn't work. Hard and no give. It was the worst part of our three day stay

Clean, smelled clean not perfumes covering. Quick elevators, excellent vallet service

We didn't realize until the next day that when we checked out that the bed comfort levels were adjustable.. my pregnant wife and I slept on a mattress as hard as a rock and got very little sleep. Now that we know the bed is adjustable we would consider to try it again but 3 hours of sleep didn't cut it

I felt like I was at a resort Food was great

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

The pool was being used for swimming lessons, the instructors being rude when we went in the pool. The bathroom was not clean. Starting to get run down for what you pay

The staff was very friendly

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Noisy neighbours on our floor. Loud laughing and partying on our floor until very late spoiled our stay. The management did give us a reduced rate on checkout for this inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

None.

Staff service is incredible. Consistent to serve to my needs and others, apart from the facility and equipment in general being functional and comfortable.

Bathtub had dirt in it, looked like a bucket of dirty water was dumped in and not rinsed out

6th floor was quiet, that's where the flight crew stays

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Small bar fridge in the room froze our fruit we brought. As mentioned in the pros, general cleanliness was good, but the attention to detail was lacking. Sticky in front of the fridge, paintings not dusted in awhile, fingerprints a little higher up the window. Probably the most disappointing was lack of friendliness from staff. My wife and I are a younger couple, although we weren't in suits we were attired respectfully and didn't have kids with us. We had received a five dollar voucher for a breakfast item for declining room service after the first nights stay. My wife used it to get an order of toast. The woman at the hotel restaurant seemed rather inconvenienced by the request.As we already had meal plans for the day she didn't want anything more. I ordered us coffees from the mini Starbucks in the lobby and again the woman there was less than personable. Almost as though I was bothering her for getting her to make a couple of drinks. No one was rude to us, but the feeling of being a welcomed guest also wasn't there.

General cleanliness was good. The noise level was never intolerable. Across the street from the midtown mall makes it easy to get out for a walk. There was one hotel employee (wish I had gotten his name)who seemed much friendlier than the rest of the staff.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

I didn't like the hide-a-bed in our suite #1404! The mattress was old, dirty and very thin. The springs stuck up and made noises, even when we sat on the sofa before it was converted into a bed.It was the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever tried to sleep in! The blanket provided was old and worn and even had holes in it, but worst of all, it had a bad odor. Needless to say, I spent a very long and uncomfortable night in a beautiful-looking suite in your hotel. Unless you decide to change your hide-a-bed in that suite and purchase a new blanket, it should never be promoted as accommodating 4 people.I can't imagine the discomfort involved if it had been necessary to share that horrible bed with another person!

The location was the prime reason for staying here. We booked a suite because we were going to the TCU Place for a concert, we had 3 people in our group and we wanted space to sit and visit in our hotel room. The suite was advertised as accommodating 4 people. The suite was lovely, complete with fireplace, wine glasses ,coffee pot, jacuzzi and a very big and comfortable bed. BUT, I had to sleep on the hide -a- bed and that was the worst bed I have ever experienced!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

I actually did not like the dial beds (you can adjust how soft or firm you want it) I found even at their most soft, they were still uncomfortable and relatively hard. However it could be just personal preference of mine to like it extra soft.

I thought the rooms were very comfortable and welcoming. I loved the pool and hot tub, made it extra relaxing! Because it's right in the heart of Saskatoon I think it's a great location for its price! Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance and was a blast!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Right from the start the staff were unfriendly... The website said I did not need a Visa to book with. When I got to the hotel, first the staff couldn't find my reservation and didn't want to go the extra mile and see if there were an available rooms. They just said oh sorry you are not in our system and started saying there might be a hotel downtown that might have available space. I tired stating that I just booked the afternoon before, they still did not want to help. I took a step away from the desk and I found my confirmation email I had gotten, it was a gong-show. Than they told me I needed a Visa to check in to the room, I handed them the debit - visa that I have used at other hotels and no hotels had a problem with using the card to keep under the name. But this place did! From my experience I probably will not book again with them nor will I recommend this place. Customer service should be 100% and staff should not turn away and suggest possible other hotels may have availability after I had shown my confirmation email.

I choose this hotel as it was located downtown Saskatoon, and it was the area we were needing to be. I booked last minute on a Friday it was one of the only hotels available for booking for the Saturday-Sunday. Most hotels were booked due to the events going on that weekend

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

I always think rooms are too expensive when you are just staying a nite. But they are all expensive

Rooms very clean and beds comfortable. Staff very cheerful and professional

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Extra supply of coffee pods and creamers in the room and extra pillows

The bed was fantastic, the jetted tub was amazing , the room was comfortable and spotless. It was a restful and relaxing stay💙

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

No pool booooo

Pool was having maintenance did not know until arrived , not happy would have liked advance notice of this as specifically wanted hotel with pool ! Would have booked another However location comfort cost etc can't fault

Great location and staff. Clean rooms beds were a little hard.

Service in the restaurant were extremely poor.

The room was really good

Clean and quiet

Beds were good

Curtains too much light in the room

Adjustable beds

Finding not my hair/ facial hair in the bathroom sink.

Bed was perfectly clean and soft!

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

I feel that the hotel could do with some updating.

The hotel was very clean and a great location. The staff were very helpful and friendly

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Need car pugs for the vehicles

The lounge was awesome.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The price was a little bit high

Very clean and the rooms are very nice and big.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Room was full of hand marks on furniture tv fireplace found a bobby pin on floor and a long hair in shower

Was close to mall. Entertaining

that is was close to everything and I could walk to where I wanted to go and parking was good the bed was comfy

Breakfast buffet was sub par.

Location and staff friendly and helpful.

Location , cleanliness, restaurant

Staff at check in. Was extremely rude .

The bed had a definite sag to it and the bathroom tub was all chipped up

Very convenient to downtown

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Paid for movie that was $25 fell asleep didn't finish the end the next day we would have to purchase it again for $25 to finish it

I did not like the fact that parking was $17.50 extra per day. Also breakfast a bit expensive.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Paying for parking No bottle opener in the suite

Parking & dining

Rates way to high

Good bed

The beds were not comfortable.

The staff was very very friendly and the pool area was clean, inviting and the water was warm!!!

Open parking lot, car was broken into and stolen from

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The bed was amazing.

Had to pay for parking

Located close to shopping

Hot tub was Luke warm

Fast elevator. Close to entertainment venue.

Excellent location to hit the mall and pubs! I love the Hilton

Mattress and bath

Food at the restaurant was good

• King Room - Disability Access

I'm used to getting free internet and shower pressure was weak.

Location and staff were awesome!

the room was comfortable, the hotel is in a central location, easy access.

Parking was difficult as there wasn’t much room plus it was an extre 15$ cost.

Beds uncomfortable,pillows were lumpy and small

Friendly staff,pool was open late

The hotel looked old like from the 1960

EVERETHING OK

EXCELLENT

Nothing to complain about.

Location and parking were my top interests in this hotel.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The bathroom door knob fell off in my 5 year old daughters hand. Jacuzzi tub only worked sporadically.

Breakfast buffet good, bed was comfy.

Would like free parking!

Outdoor patio to relax

Longer trip

Room was very comfortable and had everything one needed.

the Breakfast food and staff.

The staff were some of the friendliest of any hotels I have stayed in