Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Ajax 3 stars

500 Beck Crescent, L1Z 1C9 Ajax, Canada

#2 of 3 hotels in Ajax

• Queen Room

Only complaint was the $50 deposit charge on our bill over and above our expected room charge that we weren't told about and had to enquire at the front desk. The friendly staff explained it would be refunded to us after the room was checked for damage. It would have been nice to know about this when we booked or see it on the bill.

Bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. The room was also very quiet. Our room was next to the elevator and we never heard a sound from there all night. Also overlooking and next to the highway but the sound was muffled and barely heard.

• Evolution King Room

The comfort of the bed could have been a lot better, the mattress was very hard.

I enjoyed the atmosphere in the lobby it was decorated very nicely. The room was very clean.

• Queen Room

Bed was lumpy and hard - TV did not work - when we asked for help with this, front desk replied that they would look after it and call back - didn't happen. Had to ask for the bill it usually is slipped under the room door.

• Evolution King Room

Complementary to me means included in price. I am talking about the drinks an snacks in the lobby. Also with no pricing on the items just makes it harder for people to find out what it is worth until they cash out. Good pricing on items with final bill tho. It was just confusing with the wording in the panflet.

Staff from front desk to dining room to room services are all friendly and take the time to help.

• Queen Room

In our bathroom the hairdryer didn't work and the pull up for the shower took some work to get the shower going. As much as we enjoyed the hot tub, the noise from the young hockey players that were there was deafening! They weren't a bother, it was just the noise level.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and spacious. It was nice to have free wifi. The food at breakfast was good. Loved the pool and hot tub.

• Evolution King Room

Not enough towel racks in bathroom. Bath towels are store in the shower/tub! Shower control was tough to pull up.

Close to shopping, activities & our Canadian family! Micro/ refridg very helpful in the riom!

• Evolution King Room

The quality of the room Had to switch rooms twice which wasn’t any better than the first Didn’t get what I originally booked for online Was not informed at check in that my room was not available. Later found out that it is the ONLY room in the entire hotel that caters to people with disability and was currently being occupied. Both rooms given, we were told they were king rooms with king size beds. The beds were the size of a queen. I personally own a King bed and there was definitely a big difference. In all my experiences at various hotels, a king bed was actually a KING bed. Overall wasn’t satisfied. For a hotel with a beautiful lobby, the rooms are not consistent and resembles that of a motel.

The pool

• Evolution King Room

The bed mattress was extremely hard. I included breakfast with my room booking. When had our breakfast, I was presented with a bill. When they checked our reservation, they could find the notation that breakfast was included. Fortunately I had a copy of my booking.

• Queen Room

I found the bed too firm, pillows too soft (just personal preference). Free wifi was spotty.

Beautiful space - clean, bright. Good shower. Staff were helpful and friendly. Very good food! Close to huge strip malls - easy access to amenities and restaurants.

• Evolution King Room

The room was a good, comfortable size with a very comfortable bed. The restaurant in the hotel served excellent meals and the breakfast was excellent as well.

I liked everything.

Our stay was excellent. Staff was great. Breakfast was very very good. The pool and hot tub was a added bonus! Hotel rooms and al facilities were very clean.

• Queen Room

Bathroom was tired: mould in the shower - bath area. There were only 2 bath towels for 4 people. Mattress was tired, woke up each morning with a sore back.

Staff was friendly and check-in was efficient. The location is easily accessible from the 401 and 407. The foyer and breakfast area are inviting. Checkout was efficient. Appreciated the saltwater pool and hot tub area.

• Evolution King Room

The bed only came with a duvet and no sheets. So we didn't sleep very well - need something covering us and it was too hot for duvet. Would like the option.

King Size Bed. Location of hotel was also next door to our venue, Alex Convention Centre, which was amazing!

• Queen Room

The swimming pool is rather small, perhaps being 10 feet by 20. You couldn't really use it for much exercise, only for relaxing. The rooms are lit mainly by lamps, with no main light except for just inside the door and the bathroom, which meant that in the evening the room seemed dark, even with all the lamps on. No TV guide feature, so you had to just flick through channels.

You can adjust the firmness of the mattress with a control on the side the bed, making it more to your liking. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with good quality furniture. The restaurant was pleasant, with good, well-cooked food.

• Evolution King Room

The fan in the bathroom didn't work. Early check in was not honoured. Even though I called the night before to confirm. I was very disappointed. It should not be an option if it is unable to be done.

Size of the room.

• Queen Room

My ONLY complaint/issue ( I don’t even think it can be classified as such ), was the softness of the pillows. Hard to get used to it. This is my only negative! It’s a horrid one, I know!

From the moment we arrived to check in, we were welcomed as if we were long lost friends! Although there was, apparently, a hockey tournament nearby, the hotel staff assured us ( amongst the waves of hyper and screaming kids, lol ), that we were “ safe “, from that activity! We all had a little giggle, they explained every detail so no question was left unanswered. Marvellous Group of people. Upon check out, it was the exact same ( less the hockey kids ), but, ever so friendly and courteous! Definitely gained my respect, and, will be using this location for ANY, and ALL excursions that I or my family will make to the Toronto area! Well Done, and Thank You!

• Queen Room

The bed was so uncomfortable me and my husband could not sleep at all and left the next day really tired we got no sleep and when got to the hotel they would not accept his visa they said it was prepaid when it is not we have used it at many hotels before and the staff was very rude to us because we were a young couple will never go back there again!

The bathroom lights

The bed was very good. I enjoyed having a king size all to myself. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Timothy's coffee was excellent! I had a great time there, would stay there again.

• Evolution King Junior Suite

Our room I thought was to be ready at 3:00 but it was not ready until 5:15. Creates an inconvenience when you have plans to get into the room and carry on with your activities.

• Evolution King Room

The hotel needs to be cleaned. The dinner staff were horrible. For The price they charge for mediocre food. The service was awful.

Location and parking. The Front desk staff were very good.

• Evolution King Junior Suite

A very easy and pleasant checkin process. My room was more than adequate and extremely clean. I utilized the restaurant for dinner and found the food to be well prepared and very tasty. I appreciated the availability of local fare. I did not try the breakfast menu, as I was meeting family, but it looked and smelled very good. The bed was comfortable, and there was a good choice of pillows. The toiletries were a well known name brand which is appreciated.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• King Room with Whirlpool

The night staff a male at front desk was rude and unfriendly. Made me feel stupid for asking any questions and did not tell me on the phone they needed credit card apon arrival. so at 2am in my wedding dress right outta the limo, we were talked down too and told it wasn't his problem. My father had to come from courtice to bring my card to me at 230am.

The room was nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Evolution King Room

Room was spacious, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Staff were kind and helpful and there were lots of folks in the bar/lobby chatting. Nice cookies and water in the lobby too. The GoTrain is only 3 kms away and an easy ride into Toronto.

• Evolution King Room

We were there for a 4 0' clock wedding. The room cleaning staff finally came by at about 3:15 and wanted to clean our room. We explained that we were getting ready for a wedding and come back about 4. She said now or not - she was done work just after 4!! Needless to say, our room didn't get cleaned.

Nice lobby and outside sitting areas.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Evolution King Room

Location is not surrounded with restaurant options but great on-site restaurant and lots of shopping and restaurants a short drive away

Front desk staff were very helpful. Gave me directions and helped me out with an item I had forgotten to bring with me.

Nothing. It was Amazing

Will not Stay Anywhere But Here From Now On. It Was an Amazing Hotel. The Man at the Breakfast Buffet was Super Super Nice, He Really Started our Day Great. I can't Thank this Hotel and the People Enough... Mark Barrett

• Evolution King Room

There was nothing at all that was unsatisfactory.

The continental breakfast was superb. The pool was nice, the beds were comfy and there wasn't much noise from the halls. All in all the Hilton did a spectacular job of meeting all comfort needs and we would definitely recommend the Hilton garden inn to anyone and everyone.

• Queen Room

When I checked in on the evening of Dec 23 there was some confusion as to my reservation. The young man at the desk went out of his way to get that straightened out. He could not have been more professional and understanding, doing things he really didn't have to do.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool

Incredibly rude staff, on all levels. I work in the customer service/service industry, so I understand people have bad days, but this was awful from the start. After rude/indignant staff, I am waiting days to see my $200 deposit back. I booked the room in advance, with my visa debit, got to the hotel, was rudely told that they would make an "exception" for me. I am quite certain I have stayed in places all over Ontario, the world, and never had an issue. Even airbnb international has accepted my visa debit! Never once have I had an issue. I heard a man complaining about the same thing when I checked in... I should have clued in. My family was here from England, and I wanted to book another night. I called down to the front desk and was told I HAD to come down...to give the same card they had on file??? How ridiculous. I said "Okay, I'll check out then...and she hung up on me before I got to finish my sentence. Comfortable beds, lovely, beautifully adorned lobby. That's about it. I don't know who runs this place, but a revamp in management/customer service is absolutely needed.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool

Reception is very slow to answer the requests. During the arrival, there were no carts to carry the bags. We had to hunt them down. Staff was friendly but waiting more than 1 hour for a request or waiting on the line more than 20 minutes is not pleasant

Facilities features were good.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool

We went specifically to use the pool but there was a sign on the door saying not to use the pool. I went to the desk they said we could walk to another hotel .I should have gone to the other hotel.I think next time i will.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

• Evolution King Room

The chorlide in the pool was very strong, and the water is well over do for changing!

Very clean and looked like a six star resort! Would definitely stay there again!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Queen Room

The bed was to hard dial on side of the did not help tried the other bed and it was the same. The girl on the front desk could not get my points again been having trouble getting them for along time now

Very clean , no bugs enjoyed my stay

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Queen Room

I found it to be a little costly. I expected it to be a little more extravagant for almost paying $300 for a night. Also was inconveinienced having to go and use a bank machine at the other motel. Might want to think about installing a couple more throughout the motel.

Custodian was very polite and got us towels immediately for the pool. Front desk staff was also very cordial. It was a great location....only 9 min to our destination.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Evolution King Room

My room was on the main floor No ice machine on main floor. You have to take your ice bucket to the front desk and ask the staff to fill for you at the restaurant. Not a huge deal but worth a mention

Amazing location if you are attending an event at the Ajax convention Centre Clean and comfortable room

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Queen Room

The. Night manager in the AM @ 6. Not very friendly as the PM staff I met at check-in. A bit on the rude side, when I questioned about not having received a printed copy of the invoice for the stay. I left the hotel at 6 am to drive back to Chicago.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Room

Breakfast and dinners where pricey

Very nice and clean. First time there in Ajax. Friendly staff and people staying there as well. My daughter and I loved it. But I found the breakfast and dinners a little pricey.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Queen Room

Front desk is clearly over worked as we waited to check in and out and felt like a huge inconvenience anytime we had to ask a question from them. Also they gave us no direction as to what was going on around the hotel, breakfast, pool hours ect. The location was tricky to find, as you can see it well before you make enough turns to get to the hotel.

Great breakfast, Clean hotel, nice outdoor patio and room was comfortable and quiet.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Queen Room

Trouble checking in first room u gave us someone's eles was in then we got a room and another family was given keys to our room thinking it was their room

Staff was helpful and friendly

• Evolution King Room

The bed and pillows were comfy, and the buffet was really good!

• Evolution King Room

The fan in the bathroom was not working otherwise everything else was excellent.

Very Clean, Friendly staff, They allowed me to use my Visa Debit.

• Queen Room

The adjustable beds didn’t work

Very welcoming staff. Very quiet

• Evolution King Room

I don’t like that you have to have a credit card to bios in.

The fact that they allowed me to use my visa debit to check in.

• Queen Room

Breakfast food could be improved. Breakfast too expensive.

Good location for my travel purpose.

• Queen Room

To be able to get a cup of tea in the afternoon

• Evolution King Room

Room was not cleaned at all upon arrival, staff was not friendly.

• Evolution King Room

Booked on a weekend that there was a hockey tournament rms were full of screaming kids

• Evolution King Room

Good clean room. everything worked.

• Queen Room

Very noisy ..... took $50 as security we were never informed.

• Queen Room

Just a very solid property on aqll counts.

• Evolution King Room

For the price it would have been nice to have breakfast included.

No food included

• Evolution King Room

Quiet, clean, central location close to the highway.

• Evolution King Junior Suite

A carving station in the room

Staff was great

Loud guests

• Queen Room

Shower tap/handle in room 520 was nearly falling off and very difficult to pull flapper up to start shower

Room was nice, beds good

• Queen Room

It snowed the weekend I was there and the parking lot and side walks around the building was not cleaned

Inside was great.

Breakfast not included Quite expensive

Close to the venue we attended Clean room Very nice hotel

Small pool

Spa Hot Tub Large room Friendly staff

• King Room with Whirlpool

Did not like the pillows on the bed. (Too soft)

Jacuzzi room was very clean. Comfortable king sized bed.

• Evolution King Room

Bed was hard. Temp in the room was difficult to control.

• Evolution King Room

Cold air leaking in under window heater

Hair dryers don't work

• Queen Room

Very comfortable and excellent service.

• Evolution King Room

Bed was not terribly comfortable.

Everything was amazing

• Queen Room

No bottle openers available for guests

• Evolution King Room

Smell and cleanliness of the room

• Evolution King Room

There was nothing I did not like. Room was clean and very comfortable. Staff was great.

The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in away from home.

Not stayed long enough

Did not get breakfast.

Bed is extra comfort

no complains

Everything, my preferred hotel to stay when in Durham.

• Queen Room

night shift staff could use hospitality training

close toToronto

• Evolution King Room

Nice friendly staff, very fresh clean rooms, welcoming when you first go in

Overpriced