Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Burlington 3 stars

985 Syscon Road, L7L 5S3 Burlington, Canada

#4 of 14 hotels in Burlington

Only two bottles of water are given out throughout the stay. In all the hotels I’ve stayed the water is replenished daily. Silly policy.

Friendly front desk staff

The TV provider: Sonifi.com.No guide or current broadcast info. available. I wanted a soaker tub. It was indicated at time of booking but was not communicated to host facility. 👎

So clean and bright. Food exceeded expectations. Staff very accommodating and friendly.

• King Room with Whirlpool

The only thing I didnt like was our curtains didnt shut, so there was a street light that shined right into our room and then in the morning when the sun came up it was so bright.

I loved the bed it was so comfy! And the spa bath in our room was amazing my boyfriend loved it! The room was so cozy and so well laid out, I absolutely loved it.

• King Room with Whirlpool

The tub was dirty and the jets kept falling out. You couldnt control the thermostat and it kept making noises all night. The shower head was broken. The pool was tiny. The paper cups in the room were dirty, so was the ice bucket. They also didnt change out the tiolet paper from before, one was half gone. Not worth the price.

It was quiet and relaxing. Checking in and out was quick. Beds are really comfortable.

• King Room with Whirlpool

The only issue we had was a few young teens carrying on in the hall. They were constantly letting room doors bang on the security bar they had slid over so that their doors wouldn't close completely. But, after I spoke to the last one, they noise stopped.

Bed was sooooo comfy. Breakfast was included in our deal and it was AMAZING!! My Mama and I had a wonderful stay.

• One-Bedroom Suite

Can’t really complain about anything.

The restaurant on the property is very good. The bar wonderful too. Best Hilton Garden Inn I have stayed at. Staff set this place apart from the rest.

• King Room with Whirlpool

By the pictures on booking.com i thought we were on the water and around things to do but i was wrong its right on the highway all you hear is traffic

I liked how clean it was and the staff very friendly

We stayed in a room where our window faced the QEW highway. It was fairly noisy when trying to get to sleep, but this would not stop us from staying at this Inn again as everything else was outstanding.

The entire hotel was very clean & the lobby area including restaurant & bar was very cozy & a nice spot to go for an evening drink & conversation. The breakfast was excellent with many items to choose from. Staff were very friendly, personable & would take time to talk with guests. We would definitely stay at this Inn again. Very well done !!!!

Backing on to QEW, noise from traffic, air conditioning unit loud and either too cold or too hot. The front desk staff did not honor the booking .com rate and charged us full price....$179 plus tax $202.00. We never would have stayed for that price. We had to contact booking.com afterwards and eventually the hotel agreed to a refund of the difference $45.00. WE thought that they were no acting in good faith . No breakfast was included.

updated decor, nice lobby

The staff were nude and have to inside when I questioned a second $50 hold for incidentals on my account.

Food was good except on a $46 dollar food bill a $96 dollar hold was put on my credit card AFTER a $50 hold for incidentals was already put on my credit card.

Suddenly, water stop coming at the hotel. We asked the front desk about water. They told us that city of Burlington suspends the water. And they said that is not hotels fault. So we faced difficulties without water in the bathroom. So We had to delay our plans next day. Not the worth for the money. We wasted our one day stayed by staying there.

Hotel was Ok. We did not have the water during sometime.

The water was turned off due to issues. We were left without water for hours so this made the stay inconvenient.

Location and staff were accommodating and friendly

• One-Bedroom Suite

It would have been nice to know that the pool and fitness facilities were closed for renovations when I was booking. Had I known that, I would have chosen another hotel. There are cheaper places to stay without pools and I would have chosen one of them if I'd known we weren't going to be able to swim. Sure, they told us we could use the pool in the hotel next door but I'm not walking through 2 hotel lobbies in my bathing suit, thank you very much. Nor am I going to lug a wardrobe around with me to change and then change back again. We didn't come prepared for that with extra clothes or bags for wet items. In all honesty, not sure I'd pay the $ for a Hilton again. I expected more for the name. The rooms looked old - clean enough, but old. The toilet seemed very low to the ground and our pull out sofa did not pull out. It wasn't horrible, I just expected more.

Rooms were a good size, it was easy to find.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Suite

Ask for walk in /roll in shower for my parents when I booked months ago not accommodated. Asked for two beds for my daughter and I , not accommodated, offered to pay for extra room of any type was told none available but the place seemed quiet, my daughter slept on the sofa bed which was wiry and uncomfortable

• Queen Room

Part of the reason we chose this hotel was for the pool and hot tub. Both were under construction and closed. It would have been nice to know this when booking.

Breakfast was great but not originally included in our stay. Since the pool was closed, they gave us vouchers for breakfast. We had to ask for that though.

The noise from the QEW was noticed but able to get used to it.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. Good value for price. Staff pleasant.

• Queen Room

Woke up to a room infested with ants all over our luggage, personal items and furniture. Called the front desk and they stated they knew there was an ant problem. We moved the curtains back and noticed a white powder and hundreds of dead ants. A maintenance man walked into my room with his swipe key while I was getting ready for Mother's Day without permission. No manager on duty and front staff not very helpful. I was also charged on my visa without permission twice and then after my visit and many calls to the hotel the charges were finally reversed without any good explanation to why I had charges on my visa. I would never stay there again as it was absolutely discusting to know a hotel would put a guest in a room they have ant poison in and a known infestation.

Not very much at all

See above........

Genius Perks?? Did not hear anything about that. Pool and spa was out of service. Breakfast costs $15.00. Parking Saturday night was hard to find. We won't stay in this hotel again.

Hovering waitress since the breakfast was not included. Shame the room service cuts off so early on weekends.

The bed *was* like a cloud. Glad there was a pool and gym.

Eveing was interrupted by a police call in our hallway due to some very loud individuals and inappropriate activity

The convienience of the location to our venue

• One-Bedroom Suite

Love the location and we have always stayed at this hotel whenever we visit Burlington which is 4 times a year. Great value for your money and very update.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool

The concierge was not helpful. I didn't feel like I was treated well. Our room smelt like cigarette smoke and there was no way to air it out. All and all I think I should feel like I was at least treated well and I didn't even get that feeling from this hotel.

• King Room with Whirlpool

Found an empty condom wrapper under the air conditioner unit. Also, the garbage hadn't been emptied prior to our arrival.

Polite staff and great amenities.

• King Room with Whirlpool

stated e-mailing me my statement- did not receive indicated Burlington however right on the board line of Oakville and Burlington

Room was great- quick front desk service with check in and out. if can get the Whirlpool tub in the room. was great

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• King Room with Whirlpool

The first night of our stay the waitress in the restaurant was so pleasant, professional, kind and efficient. We stayed another night (it was not pre-planned), the waiter that night was inattentive, disconnected and indifferent.

After travelling through 3 provinces on a 2 month vacation we stayed in many hotels. To our pleasant surprise we would rate the front desk staff more helpful, positive and professional then all other hotels. The lady who check us in was excellent and the others were very good.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

The price seemed high for the room. The pool was very small.

The evening staff and morning waitress were amazing. The housekeeping found and returned an item I left.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

They were doing fire alarm testing, which was a bit annoying. The maintenance guys knocked to get in too, but we asked them to come back and they left us alone.

Comfy bed. Really nice room. Very clean. Cute little pool and hot tub were a nice addition.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Hotel a long way out of burlington with no public transport at weekends. Stop room service at 9pm on Saturdays which is not made clear. Should be at top of each page of room service menu.

The rooms were comfortable but ours was the road side and so quite noisy. Breakfast was good with great service.

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

Not a lot, reasonably good value for money we

Clean modern hotel, good size room and comfortable bed. Breakfast was great and the staff were very helpful.

Unsupervised kids in the pool making it unusable and couldn't enjoy the hot tub either.

Atmosphere, decor, friendly staff and service.

Great common areas. Great food at in house restaurant. Rooms were spacious and well appointed.

• Queen Room

Such friendly staff!!! Great food!!

No View In a business area

Convenient

• King Room with Whirlpool

Could have been a bit cleaner

The breakfast and the service at breakfast was great

• King Room with Whirlpool

Jacuzzi tub was dirty but otherwise enjoyed the room.

The room was very quiet, the beds most comfortable and within a short distance of home, so that a quick get-a-way was very easy and enjoyable.

• Queen Room

I didn't get breakfast included.

The service

• King Room with Whirlpool

The view was terrible. All highway

The spa bath was fantastic

small room

Breakfast, swimming pool

All of the staff was exceptionally warm and friendly and very accommodating!

wi-fi a little weak at night

Unstable wifi

We had issues with the internet

• Queen Room

A bath robe would be a nice touch

Great bed and pillows, welcoming entrance, great facilities

• Queen Room

Elevator is extremely slow. Only one handicapped room and it is a single bed.

Convenient location.

• King Room with Whirlpool

The dirty tub - cleaned myself before using

Room was big and really comfortable!

Nice having extra pillows

• One-Bedroom Suite

Not worth the money. Room wasn't clean - we found used kleenex on the desk table!

• Queen Room

AC temp not working properly Need car to restaurant Too expensive for the location / room

Price and no breakfast

Nice Room

No facilities to have lunch especially because the hotel is not close to any restaurants

• Queen Room

Breakfast very pricey for regular continental breakfast that is included many hotel rates.

• Queen Room

We found a bit of plastic in the oatmeal during breakfast.

Comfy beds, decently sized rooms and pretty clean.

Everything good

Kids loved it

Clean comfortable and very friendly staff.

The pool was under renovations and we were informed the morning of travel

Nothing to say

Hotel is clean and staff is amazing.

• Queen Room

No room service in the morning

• King Room with Whirlpool

Drain backup in the jacuzzi contaminated the water - in room jacuzzi did not have good plumbing - concern around cleanliness and plumbing

i didnt like that my credit card was charged before i even got to hotel they told me would be charged on check out???

i liked the size of room

pool and hot tub under renovation,we were looking forward to hot tub after long day

very nice decor ,easy access

At an exchange on a major route with good restaurants and shopping close by.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Queen Room

there was no hot water in our room at all.

Really nothing

Good bed , quiet!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

The heat/AC did not work well

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

staff at buffet were terrible. Did not make us feel comfortable and rushed us out.

bed room was neat

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Queen Room

Beds very uncomfortable, need new beds! Tv was not working, and change paper cups and put in real mugs!

Location-easily accessible. Cleanliness,

Pool was freezing.

Excellent facilities and room was amazing!

Pillows

• Queen Room

All the important things done well; cleanliness, comfort, food.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Price for room felt a bit too much.

On site laundry

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

have nothing that i did not like about this hotel

Room being clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Friendly staff, clean, comfy room.