Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Mississauga 3 stars

100 Traders Boulevard, L4Z 2H7 Mississauga, Canada

#24 of 84 hotels in Mississauga

My King Room was huge - loved it.

What set the tone for this rating was the two miserable desk clerks that were working when I checked in at 4:30pm - Sept 5th..........no smiles, no offer of assistance (I had to make 4 trips with gift bags from my car as they watched) - I was actually shocked as was the gal with me - we had the same feedback from the rest of our group that day and the next as well.

My King Room was huge - loved it........the carpet is really dated but it looks like everything else has been updated. The morning staff were wonderful at the desk and the breakfast and dinner crew were great!

Ok, but sure could have been better!

Morning buffet would be convient. but quality was poor, overpriced for what was there. The room only had a shower in it, not a tub. Didnt know this and would have enjoyed a tub also. Room was booked weeks in advance and yet the room we recieved was right next to the elevator. Would be nice to be a little further away so the stay would be more relaxing, less outside noice and interuptions. Way to many taxes in Toronto, pricing tends to be understated, so not accurate.

It cost you nothing to be friendly

1- Reception was not good. That Afro-American lady who checked me in made me feel unwelcome! 2- when I booked with booking I requested an extra cot. It was clear that it is free of charge for children aged 15 and younger as the options told. But at the hotel, that lady insisted that I pay a charge for it, and I insist on what I paid for. Her colleague Amin N. called me up later and said an extra cot could not be given due to safety reasons! and if I want I had to move to another room with higher price! That is not what I booked with Bookjng.com! Apart from this, things were ok.

Location, car parking, and Wifi

Located just out of the crowded areas of Mississauga, but still near all the areas for shopping.

First room assigned to us had an air conditioner that wasn't cooling properly. The next morning we were gladly moved to another room, which was much more spacious and cooled properly.

Desk staff and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful.

Front desk is disastrous service
    • Queen Room - Mobility/Hearing Access with Roll-In Shower

Though booked for 2 adults + 2 kids but Hilton Green claims that they only received info as 3 adults. Front desk at Hilton Green made the situation worst by honoring breakfast for only 3 folks and their front desk and manager is is simply nuts and never cared about the customer. It sounded like simple computer interface issue when booking.com sent the info to Hilton but front desk and manager have failed miserably handling a simple customer relation issue and manager's manager never returned a call. I would never consider Hilton Green or recommend anyone.

price shown on booking.

price shown on booking.com is not the price you pay when u check into the hotel. property tax and other taxes are charged along with the price shown for the room

Great location to stay at if you want to be in Mississauga

you can hear the big fan running in the utility room

Clean room, great bathroom, big open lobby, the front desk staffs were super friendly and professional.

the rooms were very clean

We were told since they was a convention and are rooms were where we would not be disturbed. We were put on the 2nd floor above a banquet room where there was music that woke us up early in the morning and a lot of activity on our floor. The pool are needs to be updated!! the chairs are rusted and peeling the Jacuzzi has a lot of ants crawling around. Pool area is not really clean and you can see a lot of black "something" where the chairs are in the corner.

the rooms were very clean

*Check your bill*

We were overcharged and when we corrected them, were overcharged again. Their business center wasn't working and staff didn't seem to care. This was cheaper than some but still expected a certain standard of quality from the Hilton.

The price and location suited our trip

Good

snow wasn't cleaned well and couldn't park in some parking spots because they were partially covered with snow.

Breakfast - good value for money, but you need to change those potatoes, tasteless.

Unpleasant stay. Rude staff at the desk.
    • Queen Room - Mobility/Hearing Access with Roll-In Shower

The handicap accessible suite we were given because we booked online and not directly through Hilton. The snarkiy attitude and rudeness of Aman at the Customer Service desk when queried about this. Tried calling service desk from the room on discovery that it was a handicap accessible room, and he wouldn't answer! The huge disgusting stain on the carpet at the foot of the bed in #312!

The location was the only positive feature.

Renovated and looks great much mote modern

Could have been a little cleaner as it's winter I could see salt marks from peoples shoes walking in the room

Renovated and looks great much mote modern

Everyone at the hotel was so nice except that guy

The only and one thing I didn't like or hated about the hotel is one of their staff that works at the reception, he was the one who made the check in and out for our stay. Firstly he wasn't helping at all and the way he was talking it was like he is doing us a favor plus when we asked for an extra bed he said it's for $20 per night even though in the hotel policy it says $10 per night and when we showed him the policy, he was like it's a mistake from Booking.com and we are not responsible for that. Also he mentioned that we should call Booking.com and ask them to fix the mistake they have made in the website even though we are the customers and he is the worker in the hotel. After that he became impolite and became angry. Secondly after we saw him acting like that we asked him to change our stay from three nights to one night because we didn't like his treatment after that he raised the price for the one night and he said I will not give you the price you booked with because you have changed your booking with us now, we were like okay we will stay the full three nights and he still gave us a different price then our booking so we should him the booking online and he was refusing that too. so immediately I asked the other worker to help me instead of him he replied I am not leaving my place. At that moment the other worker came right away to help us with our stay and fix what he was doing and she made everything right and that's the only thing that really bothered me. In general I have traveled so many times and stayed in so many hotels, this is my first time to meet a worker like that his first impression was totally rude and his face wasn't welcoming at all

The hotel was in a good area with lots of good accommodations plus the internet was good. In general I would recommend staying in it

Stay away

Loud construction noises and banging early AM. No breakfast included. Issues with Wi-Fi connections. Cleaning staff did not do a thorough job cleaning They don't put water out in the evening in the lobby because they want to sell it instead

Roof over one's head

Very good stay...met our needs to a tee.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Being renovated and second floor not yet completed. Old mattresses stacked at elevator when we got off. Bathroom showed wear, although clean and functional except for exhaust fan that didn't seem to be working. Probably reason for deal on price and since all we needed was a clean comfortable place to rest our heads, I didn't mind.

Very clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast buffet. Location was perfect for convenience to Pearson although an hour from wedding location but that was my compromise.

Unfairly treated
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was very upset with the property. We had a group of girls staying in room 612. The neighbour started to complain at front desk that there maybe a party in our room and she was worried we would make a lot of noice. We assured her this would not happen we are in our 40 we respect the people around use but then management came to us and asked us to make sure we keep it quiet. This was 7 pm had only been at hotel for 2 hours. We had yet to make any noice there was no music on in our room we were very quiet but yet we have management come to our room to make sure we keep it quiet what kind of practice is this. I've never heard this before. We were quiet don't come to our door till we make noice, cause I can promise you we wouldn't. This is unfair treatment. This upset our stay to pay 170 for room for this treatment was terrible. You can confirm with hotel that we never made noice and no one complained about noice from our room. I have stayed here before but I will take my business else where next time. We were unfairly treated by management .

We liked the size of room and the new design.

The hotel room was clean, but the smell was terrible (kind...

The hotel room was clean, but the smell was terrible (kind of chemical smell). My husband has had headache and numb feeling in his tongue, we finally had to leave and didn't stay in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The restauant and bar were more than sufficient for our...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The restauant and bar were more than sufficient for our needs. And the Staff were very friendly. The Chocolate Chip cookies in the lobby were delicious. And I love complimentary newspapers (plural).

After getting a confirmation online was charged an additional 20% !! 😡

I was quoted a price on the website that I booked the room with had a confirmation number. Because of an fortunate circumstances I had to cancel one day and was charged an extra 20% unacceptable !

Never again in this hotel

- Terrible welcome. The guy was not polite, rude, didn t want to look my mobile with the booking confirmation, told me that I have no reservation. Never see this before. - Hotel is in renovation, lift is amazing slow and inefficient - Bed is very bad. Too soft. Almost kill my back - Middle of nowhere.

Great Mississauga Hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Renovations are occurring which closed off one elevator but honestly it wasn't much of an impact, just meant guests had to deal with a little longer wait at times.

Great location for our son who was running the Mississauga Half Marathon - nice and close to Celebration Square where the start-line was.

The staff was very friendly.

The pool to be heated or to have the option of it heated. It was freezing! I still swam in it but it definitely would have been better if it wasn't so cold.

The staff was very friendly. The room was a good size and it was a good value for the cost of the room.

The worst hotel I've ever stayed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The worst hotel I've ever stayed. Personnel at reception is unfriendly, unhelpful and sometimes very unprofessional. Hotel's prices (with taxes) are higher than price with taxes at Booking.com. Deposit for staying is higher than a price for one night and has been blocked partly during two days. So hotel takes some money every day and you just cannot understand what you are paying for.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Personal friendly.

Room was not made up/cleaned when we returned after being gone all day. Disappointed when I mentioned it at desk in the morning.

Personal friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Annastasia at the front desk when I checked out was...

The guy who checked me in could not be bothered with my questions for clarification. Quite brusque.

Annastasia at the front desk when I checked out was outstanding!! VERY helpful!!

An easy walk south from the Inn (one block away) is a very...

An easy walk south from the Inn (one block away) is a very large Highland Farm grocery store. I did not eat in the restaurant. I attended an event so I did not have much time to drive around the area. The room was clean.

The breakfast was not good the pancake was undercooked

The breakfast was not good the pancake was undercooked

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The comfort of the rooms and the breakfast.

The comfort of the rooms and the breakfast.

The pool its to small and cold

The comfort the cleanliness and staff friendliness

Average

Staff could be friendlier, not the greatest customer service.

Room layout was nice, bright and spacious

The room is clean and attractive

We weren’t aware that breakfast was not Bluetooth. There was an extra charge

The room is clean and attractive

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Ambience is key

The walls are a bit thin so we hear some of the noise in other rooms.

It has a very clean and inviting ambience.

Super soft bed, quiet

Super soft bed, quiet

the pillows were too soft but no big deal, biggest issue was...

The fridge working

the pillows were too soft but no big deal, biggest issue was the fridge did not work well at all.

Breakfast at extra cost.

Breakfast at extra cost.

to much chlorine in swimminpool

to much chlorine in swimminpool

blood on the carpet.

blood on the carpet. Bad service

The booking price was $120. However I was asked to pay $220 to the hotel. us$189 was paid by visa

Overpriced

Bright

The room was clean and comfortable

Was further away than I was hoping for

The room was clean and comfortable

nice hotel near the airport

Breakfast room and staff can't accommodate all hotel guests. there was not enough places to sit down

good if you need to stay close to the airport

very comfortable bed and very clean - good wifi!

very comfortable bed and very clean - good wifi!

Not going there anymore and don't recommend for business travels

Cannot print invoice for me at all. And WIFI is down, which affected my work.

None.

Extremely friendly and very cooperative staff.

Nil

Extremely friendly and very cooperative staff.

was awesome , great getaway and loved the hotel, cozy , friendly and very clean and quiet

everything

Staff were very kind

Should not have went theough booking.com

Staff were very kind

Always a great stay

Wifi is terrible.

Rooms are lovely, very comfortable and the facilities are great.

Pleasant stay.

NA

Rooms were spacious

Comfortable and convenient

Slow in plowing parking lot after a snowfall

We booked including breakfast but the hotel stated it doesnt...

We booked including breakfast but the hotel stated it doesnt do bookings through booking.com with breakfast.

Very happy with hotel and staff were courteous and friendly.

Room was very clean and comfortable.

Great stay comfortable beds and great customer service
    • Queen Room - Mobility/Hearing Access with Roll-In Shower

Newly renovated looks great much more modern

I will be back for sure!

New towels

Room was nice

Very clean.

Very clean. Excellent breakfast!

Excellent service and accommodations

Very nice and clean

Pool

Pool

Very clean

Clean

Bed was great

No complementary breakfast, for the cost of a nights stay should have been included

Bed was great

Great breakfast with friendly staff.

Great breakfast with friendly staff.

Very comfortable bed.

Pool was very disappointing. Also shower pressure was terrible.

Very comfortable bed. Nicely renovated rooms. Very clean.

Did not meet the standard of Usual "HILTON"

Had Expected Tub in the bathroom, Surprised to find No toilet on the Lounge level

Clean, comfortable hotel.

Would have been a better value had breakfast been included.

Nice clean room, price included parking and wifi

Amaze balls

Coffee was bad

Cloud like bed

We're fine tea drinkers and I wasn't able to get an...

We're fine tea drinkers and I wasn't able to get an electric kettle for our room.

Bar keep was awesome.

Prices were ridicules

Bar keep was awesome.

No sofa bed for the kid

No sofa bed for the kid

One elevator

One elevator

Great deal, nice place!

It was very nice and staff was great!

Glad we found a room in the area
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Double beds are not big enough for families

Nice decor in hotel

Lily Tomlin would feel at home

Oversized furniture in room.

Great room

everything is nice and clean, staff was great,comfortable bed

Tv remote was a bit confusing

Tv remote was a bit confusing

The renovated room, new furniture.

The shower seems like it was not installed correctly.

The renovated room, new furniture.

S
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were way too soft. Two people could not sleep in the same bed.

The breakfast was excellent - well worth the $10 extra.

Comfortable, clean room for a one-night stay.

Room was right across the street from a wedding we were attending. It couldn't have been any closer! Room was basic, but met our needs.