Reviews of Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan 3 stars

3201 Highway 7, L4K 5Z7 Vaughan, Canada

#11 of 15 hotels in Vaughan

Great stay. Facilities are clean and the room was modern and well situated.

Not much I didn't like. Next time I will try a larger room. Probably with the jacuzzi...

the room was very comfortable. It made the experience much better!!

Clean and spacious, location debatable
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Staff could be more friendly and personal. Their explanation during check-in was almost robotic.

My room was spacious (I stayed alone in a room with one queen bed and one sofa bed) and the bathroom was clean. It really helped that there was a microwave in the room. Location was sort of convenient, sort of not: it's very close to Vaughan Metropolitan Station, but this station itself is quite far from Union Station (about 45-50 mins on the subway) so if you plan on going downtown a lot, you might be wasting a lot of time on transit.

Fine but nothing special

Older building renovated, so the window was small, bathroom bit small, old style air con unit, small pool

Great staff, comfy bed and towels, easy parking

The staff is very friendly and the location is excellent.

The pool has a slide but it is only open on Fridays and Saturdays (according to the staff member we spoke with). As we were travelling with our grandson it was a feature that attracted us to this hotel...therefore we were very dissapointed to hear that it would not be available during our stay.

The staff is very friendly and the location is excellent. Close to restaurants and shopping.

Nice Location, Comfortable Bed, Clean Room ,Value for Money

Amazing hotel and Amazing Location. Subway station is just on 7-10 min walk and you can get metro for Union Station. You can reach Downstown in 45-50 min by metro. Comfortable bed,Clean Room and Good Location . One can consider this hotel when planning to visit Toronto.

I loved it

I felt I was rushed during breakfast time.

I loved the location. It was a walking distance from night club, Ikea Boston Pizza mini golf, Dave and Buster kids play place. Vaughan Mills Desinger outlets are close to the hotel. I can not wait to go back again

Restful and productive stay!

The bath tub had water in it when I used the shower for the first time. However, hot water was instant and consistent!

The bed was very comfortable! I slept well!

I will likely never stay there again.

Price was way too high for quality of hotel. Charge was double of other neighbouring hotels. There was no room at other hotels and had to take this one. Price was probably hiked for that reason. We were not informed of a $150 extra charge put on credit which later required a call to hotel to get reimbursement. Hotel was very noisy, security called twice on floor due to yelling all night in hallways.

Staff was very friendly, Food was good, room was very clean and comfortable.

It was a good stay and we enjoyed the room.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The washroom was a bit small for a king room, the shower drain got clogged, the nozzle in the shower where the water came out from was detached from the wall and the shower itself made such a loud noise. Lastly, the taps on the whirlpool were exactly like the temperature they were supplying. The cold water tap was freezing cold to the touch and the hot water was burning, to the point my husband burned his finger tips.

The whirlpool tub

Friendly front desk

Specifically for a room not associated with hockey tournaments and high noise at the time of booking and at checkin... then three hickey families were put right beside us and made noise!!! Staff was unable to do anything forbusbexceptbto day call sexurity

Friendly front desk

Loud partying in the rooms is what ruined it for me

Very loud fan in the room, a lot of noise throughout the night, did not get any sleep (people partying, very loud).

Bed was decent, new flooring (no carpet)

It was in an ideal location.

The restaurant was too small to accommodate the attendees of the convention.

It was in an ideal location. The room was clean and comfortable. I like the fact that there was no carpet in the room. The staff was excellent.

Relaxing

The only thing I would say that the shower curtain didn't hold the water in from the shower, which leaded to water all over the floor.

Comfy bed, clean washroom, a lot of space in the room

Location was great

We arrived and found the sheets on both beds were covered in hair and looked like someone had slept in them and pulled the comforter over. We asked for new bedding and we changed it our selves. The hot tub was brown water and the pool guy had to come and look at it after we asked for someone to test the water. He needed to ad chemicals and did so after we brought it to his attention. We purposely chose this hotel because it had a slide. The slide was closed during our whole stay making the kids very disappointed

Location was great

The curtains fell off the wall when I entered the room.

The curtains fell off the wall when I entered the room. They tried to charge $5 for parking. They made us sign a ridiculous form stating the names of the guest and that no one else was allowed in the room as it was New Years Eve.

I would actually rate it a 5/10. It’s very expensive for the experience. We payed more for disappo
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The whirlpool tub was nice at first but as we were in it black mild kept shooting out of the Jets, disgusting. We had to get a staff to come empty the tub because the drain was shoved stuck(was this way when we arrived). How uncomfortable so much so that we gave the guy $10 to empty it with his hands again discusting for him to have to put his hand in someone else’s bath water, not to mention our embarrassment. The beds were hard and pillows were very uncomfortable.

I loved that our room was at the end of the hall. Nice and quiet. Staff were very friendly, breakfast was great!

My son was ill and was sick in the room.

I didn't really like the flooring in the rooms but I guess it could be kept cleaner.

My son was ill and was sick in the room. Housekeeping had to come shortly after checking in and the janitor came quickly and acted like it was no problem at all. The size of the rooms are a bonus!

Did not like that when you ask for blankets none ever came ...

Did not like that when you ask for blankets none ever came we asked for towels for showers we only had two and four people we had to share, There was no privacy when the front staff was asking personal questions, when we had breakfast we asked not to be close to the door after we were seated there, and he just walked away, breakfast got cold fast with the door always opening. came home to a nasty voice recording on my phone.

Exactly what and where we needed
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Staff were friendly, helpful and smiling. The beds were comfy and clean. The bathroom was also neat, tidy, clean and fully stocked. Parking area was well lite and we felt safe.

it was ok, might come back because of the tub
    • King Room with Whirlpool

room service; it was always closed. My husband and I were there for 3 days after our wedding and we never got a chance to experience the room service because of that reason. They need better hours to accommodate all guests

the Jacuzzi tub

Better than bedbugs I guess?

The Queen beds were clearly doubles. The wifi wouldn't connect to any video or audio websites. The pillows were kind of terrible. We booked this hotel for its waterside but it wasn't open during our stay. The only place this was posted was inside the pool area. The front desk staff accused my infant son of being a dog and threatened us with a surcharge. We will never be back.

Free pastries at check in.

It did the job

The room was not particularly clean. Especially the bathroom- there was no extra blanket for the beds for clients such as myself who dont go near a hotel comforter. The cooling system in the room was very very loud aswell as the door conjoining the neighbours room...not insulated well it was like the people next to us were in our room...it kept us up all night.

Was ok. Not a fan of the beds though.

Bed was very uncomfortable. My partner had a very hard time sleeping as the bed was very hard on his back and shoulders. I would wake up sore as well. And the hair dryer kept turning off during use and had a bad smell while it was on. Opted to use my own. Could also hear pretty much everything in surrounding rooms. Not a quiet place at all.

Great location for the Christmas shopping I was there to do. Tons of restaurants nearby and the cinema.

The staff are cheerful and helpful.

It is a shame that we were woken three times between 1:00 am - 4:00 am by noisy (& I assume drunk) wedding guests. Perhaps a notice in the elevator reminding people to keep it down in the hallways after midnight would help - perhaps not. Maybe all wedding guests should be allocated a single floor to themselves, so that they don't wake non-wedding guests. In any event, the hotel staff could not control other guests' thoughtlessness.

The staff are cheerful and helpful. The breakfast is excellent! The rooms are new, clean, comfortable. The location was perfect for our requirements.

Wouldn't stay here again

The Wi-Fi was awful. It was very spotty. Beds weren't comfortable and pillows were awful. Breakfast was ok. Dinner service wasn't great.ice machine didn't work on our floor. Shower wasn't working properly.

The rooms looked nice. The hardwood floors are great. Keurig was nice. Staff were all great.

Very pleasent stay in Toronto, and would like to return some time for a longer vacation stay!

Road construction in front of hotel made it very difficult to get in and out of the street entrance, although this was not a hotel concern.

Excellent breakfast buffet and very clean hotel. Staff was very prompt in all their duties and very friendly and helpful all weekend.

It was alright..expensive and both of us didnt sleep more than an hour due to the hardness of the be

I booked a room on line for my room requesting a ground floor room. I recieved my room on the 5th floor. Beds were very hard.

Very friendly staff. Very clean. Rooms were standard but liked having no carpet.

it was ok, meals too expensive, internet sucked, whole floor smelled like weed/pot
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

our room was on the 6th floor, the whole hallway smelled pot/weed internet service sucked, it was only good for my phone but not my laptop, if I wanted better I would have had to pay extra, seriously

comfortable, relaxing experience, room clean, spacious, well appointed

we stayed on the 6th floor, wallpaper was peeling off of the wall under neath the elevator "button" on the six floor, made the area look shabby instead of pristine as I would have expected. ..also breakfast brunch looked unappetizing, hence we ate at a competitors

cleanliness of facility, efficient and friendly staff

Mixed experience
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The worst fluorescent lighting ever in bedroom and sitting room. Felt like we were in a prison! Small bathroom in need of upgrading

A spacious 2 room mini suite in good location. The laminate wood flooring is a cleaner choice than carpet. The housekeeping staff was really friendly.

Would stay again.

Hearing the child in the next room crying and screaming early each morning of my stay. Could also hear the cleaning lady in the next room. Walls not very soundproof at all.

No major complaints. Nothing really stood out but was a good stay.

read above

Breakfast was not included, a fact we did not pick up on when booking, so we went and had breakfast at the hotel. Staff said hello , what would you like, etc. Breakfast was fine then we left. Staff subsequently approached us asking for the meal voucher which we did not have or even know about, we were embarrassed by this, we are not cheats. So they charged us $32.17 for the breakfast which we would have gotten at Tim Hortons had we known. So we were truly miffed to put it lightly. We will never stay at a Hilton hotel again, like never never never, understand.!!!!

In summary we enjoyed our stay. We were there as a result of a flood in our home.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

The room was very clean but needed a new paint job. It was very costly for its location but we learned this was due to the TIFF in Toronto.

The restaurant was very good and the staff were all exceptional. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

staff pleasant and helpful......comfortable quiet room

We had a very light breakfast ( toast and coffee) and were told we would be charged for what we ate but we were charged a full 10$ each for the buffet /continental breakfast ( which we didn't eat)

All went well except for the breakfast in the morning .....clean/staff friendly/nice room

Our young neighbors where UP all night .

Our young neighbors where UP all night . We called down to the front desk 3 times to complain . I do believe someone did talk to them but they continued to be up and very loud until 6:30 AM . I was too exhausted to call the front desk again and chose to try and get some sleep . I feel the front desk should have followed up .

Location, decoration, comfortable

The access to the hotel was from a small street were cars came in from 3 directions towards a traffic light, which made it jammed most of the time so it was hard to get into the hotel

Location, decoration, comfortable

Over rall it was a fine stay for what we needed it for . To rest after shopping . Good location
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Walls were pretty thin I could hear a baby upstairs crying all night .

Rooms were clean with nice hard wood floors . Pool was awsome Close to the mall

Good

Restaurant was pricey for what it is. $40 after tip and tax for a plain Caesar salad, a beer and a glass of wine. But there is not much else around unless you want to drive.

Room was comfortable. Nice looking lobby.

The pool and pool deck area were filthy.

The pool and pool deck area were filthy. My kids actually climbed out of the pool with black greasy smudges on them from the dirty ring around the pool. It is too. Bad because everything else was good. Unfortunately we chose the hotel for the pool

Central between Toronto and vaughan and the malls were close...

Entrance from the street was always too busy I had to drive down the street and turn around to get in

Central between Toronto and vaughan and the malls were close by

Happy and Confused.

The entrance was confusing, had no entrance from the front on Highway 7, had to go around the block until we found it at the side of the Hotel near the back of the property.

Close to Wonderland, shopping and the highway.

My kids loved the slide at the pool!

The queen beds were not true queen beds - felt more like a double. And there are never enough pillows...why are there only 3? There should be 2 pillows per person /4 pilllows per bed.

My kids loved the slide at the pool!

The staff didn't now anything about the area, the manager was rude.

The staff looked like they didn't want to be there

The location worked great for us since we were there for back to school shopping and the Vaughn mall was close

Great!

I didn't like that messages requested were not passed onto the hotel, so I didn't have rooms beside each other like I had requested. Next time I would call ahead to the hotel to double check the message was passed along.

The staff were very friendly and willing to help. The beds were also super comfy!

Very disappointed. Left as soon as we could next morning without staying for breakfast. 😦

Front desk took my credit card to get my address as he said no information came through from booking.com He told me after also requesting additional ID that he put an additional 150 charge on my card for incidentals.For incidentals such as if we had a party and set the couch on fire. When I complained that it wasn't in the agreed terms and conditions on booking or on the Hilton's website he said he was going to cancel our reservation. He became very agressive shouting at my husband and I. It was 10 oclock at night and this person was extremely argumentative. I asked to speak with the Manager. No where did booking.com or the Hilton explain that on top of room charges a security deposit was required. This hotel is in a business park and my husband and I are 55 years old. The manager was kind and said he was going to speak with the employee. The receptionist who originally checked us in hadn't shaved or combed his hair before showing up for work and his clothes were sloppy. The mattress on the King bed had a viable dip it was so worn out. Our King room did not have a couch.....Not the Hilton experience we were looking for.

Good shower pressure

Brutal service!
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Staff was awful Gave us the complete wrong room, the guy told me it wasn't his problem! Said we'd be comped before payment, supposed to be on debit, at checkout in the morning they told me the room was paid through visa, not they're fault or problem again! Couldn't speak to manager and haven't received a call yet...awful!

Nice clean room

Convenient location and super comfy beds!

I had an issue with the toilet not flushing properly. I told the front desk about it and maintenance was in but they just "jerry rigged" the toilet; which then it still did not work. I told the desk the next morning it was still not fixed and that for the price I am paying, it should be done correctly; which it was. Staff were really good about it.

Staff were very friendly. Location was close to York University and shopping. Easy highway access to airport and other locations. The gym facilities were fine and the pool looked like it was great as there were always kids and families in it.

Enjoyed our stay, friendly staff

The staff were very friendly. We were a little late coming down for breakfast and when we asked at the front desk where we could go nearby for breakfast they arranged with restaurant for them to accommodate us there with a set breakfast. Excellent service. This was a stop off point for us, as we live in northern Ontario, on the way to the airport and was located in an area that had good access to shops and restaurants, with only a short drive (traffic excepted) to the airport.

The slide and pool area was amazing.

Didn't like that you couldn't close the curtains in the room.. light shined straight into the room.. very bright

The slide and pool area was amazing..

Friendly, helpful reception, large clean rooms, good location.

My fridge clanked, but they replaced it as soon as I mentioned it. The cooking smell from the kitchen permeated the restaurant. Accordingly the kitchen grill could be better vented.

The front desk service was excellent.

Good hotel, if you can get to it

I will not stay here again for one reason: it is almost impossible to get onto the property. There is construction on the main street and so much traffic on the side street that turning into the ONE, and only, driveway entrance is a chore. Most of the traffic comes from the IKEA a half a block away on the side street.

Alright, nothing special. Expected more based on pictures provided.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed

Life guards didn't seem to care about safety. Room was dirty, no free breakfast, rude security guard and restaurant staff. Hotel didn't look anything like the pictures on the website. Overall very deceiving. Had I known what it was really like this, I wouldn't have been so willing to pay what I did.

Water slide

The bed was so comfy!
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Our room smelt like someone had been smoking cigarettes in it and one of our phones didn't work, which made me look like an idiot when I was trying to order room service! Also had a giant bone in our French onion soup that my boyfriend had ordered.

The bed was so comfy! The staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

A great place for the family to stay!

We chose this hotel because it has a water slide. We found out that that the slide was only open on the weekend!

The facilities are beautiful and the staff were very welcoming. Our room was clean and quiet. The best part of the room - no carpet!

Hilton Garden Inn Vaughan

I wish there were change rooms or locker rooms for the pool.

The bed was really comfortable. The hotel is at a very conventions spot. We had fun at the pool.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Clean & comfortable

Sparse room (only one chair-asked for second one but would only provide a banquet chair), no kettle, requested later check out but key card locked us out at regular check out time. Breakfast was not included even though when we booked online it indicated it was part of the package price. We were told this was because we booked through third party...booking.com.

Comfortable bed, clean and good amenities (pool, spa pool, slide, gym)

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Will definitely be going back!

Really no complaints.

Breakfast was amazing. Pool and slide was a lot of fun, especially liked the one lifeguard, very friendly and good with the kids! Rooms are very spacious and clean, bed was like sleeping on a cloud!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

We booked this hotel specifically for the pool for our...

We booked this hotel specifically for the pool for our grandchildren and even put in the request file about the pool and were not informed that the pool was closed until we checked in!! Very disappointing since if we had known we could have booked elsewhere for the four day visit.

Worst hotel experience ever!

Very very bad experience ever! First night we came in was 8,45pm, we ask for room service for food, they said no room service and the restaurant was close very soon, and no more food options, you have to order right now and pick up by ourselves. They are very rude! And after we check in the internet didn't work, and we bought movie options which for $20, but the front desk never tell us it only use for 1 time, so the day after we check in, they told us just for use for once, but we stay here 7 days. Any another reason why we choose stay here for 7 days because the hotel have big slides can let the kid have lots fun. But finally we even can not play 1 day!!! First 2 days, they said have to maintenance the pool, so closed. The 3rd day, i ask the front desk they said open now, than i bring my kid come on 3pm. When we get in the water have some fun, they said the slides only open 4pm, than we wait, but the pool water was too cold. And we wait until 4pm, they said they can't open because no life guard to work. Than Sunday night i come back ask for it, they said the slides only open on weekend! So disappointed both me and kid! Also, the floor of room is very dirty, i stay here already 4 nights, they never clean it! Bathroom water is weak, free internet very weak, i have to pay extra to use. Worst hotel experience ever!!!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Excellent staff!
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The only negatives I experienced were an out of order pop machine that didn't give your coins back and a very drunk guy keeping us awake banging on our door half of the second night of our stay (the second point is not the fault of the hotel)

The hotel staff was absolutely fantastic! Smoothest hotel check in I have ever had. Very clean - great beds.

good but it's in the details

The under-seat of the toilet was not clean, the sheets also looked like someone may have stepped on them before putting them on the bed and the pillows were too soft. Also the wifi kept kicking me out, which was very annoying.

The room was what it looked like in the pictures. We were very happy to see a fridge and microwave in suite, and it also looked very clean until you looked a little harder.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Buffet breakfast was very nice.

Front desk staff were not very helpful! Maid knocked on door at 9:30am to see if we were still in room. Check out wasn't until 12 noon!!! I didn't get to door in time so she just walked right in!

Buffet breakfast was very nice... staff at breakfast were amazing

Staying here was AWESOME

The pillows were not great.

Everything. The staff were awesome, the buffet breakfast was the VERY BEST that I have ever had during a hotel stay. Beds were comfortable. We will be back!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Ripoff

200$ a nite and no free breakfast, slide locked in the swimming pool, when I asked at the front desk why it was locked they said, oh it was locked, lol. Pretty sad, next years trip I will be booking at a real hotel again, like the Delta or something simular, not that cash grabbing place.

Didn't like anything, room is way overpriced, stayed in better flea bag motels in northern Ontario than this place.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Very good stay, would go back.

The only bad thing was getting into the building from the side street as there is alot of traffic and not too much for nice gestures to let you through.

The staff were very accomidating. I never went to the restaurant for breakfast as I had to leave early in the morning but I did get room service(very good) Room was great and bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Pool n slide r important with kids

Elevator was broken, so one working is slow, but the happens. The beer was too expensive otherwise I would of had more

Pool n slide r important with kids

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Personel was very helpful

Picked the hotel because of location and pool slide. But pool slide was closed most of the time while we were there. My son used it once.

Personel was very helpful

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

I will highly recommend this hotel

Did not have a recycling container in my room. Questioning whether the hotel participates in the recycling process

Received early check in as requested when booking on line The desk staff was helpful and room was fresh smelling and extremely clean

Staff at the restaurant in the morning.

The parking was small and both night there was a wedding. So we didnt even want to take the car out in because we would not of had parking.

Staff at the restaurant in the morning.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Bed and pillows excellent.

The buffet was slow. When we stay at Hilton Niagara the buffet is a true buffet not a served buffet. Food was superb though.

Bed and pillows excellent. Food for breakfast was excellent with a great variety of choice.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Nice family getaway

The pool is quite small and it was a little dirty. The price quoted on line was different from the total we paid. I actually think it ended up being cheaper but our receipt was confusing. A continental breakfast would have been nice for the price we paid for our room.

The location was great. We were on our way to Canada's wonderland and it was an easy 10 min drive to the park. Lot's of shopping close by and restaurants (Dave and Busters). The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool has a water slide which my kids loved.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Good, would stay again.

Only two elevators and one was repeatedly out of service in our 2 day stay...made checking out horrible as the wait for elevators was lengthy and the hotel couldn't locate any carts for luggage.

Clean, friendly, amenities in the room.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

Decent

The price of drinks were outrageous and we booked our rooms online where we were told we could pay cash. No where did it say anything about a security deposit which really screwed us trying to understand it all.

The hotel was stunning. So clean and press Professional and most of the staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

The pool

Breakfast was horrible. The eggs were like plastic. There was no water provided to make coffee and we were not supplied with sugar/creamer for coffee. The rooms were ok, but the bathroom could certainly have been much cleaner. I have stayed here before. Not sure I would again.

The pool

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The room and view were spectacular.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The parking was very disappointing. There was a wedding the night of our stay and we could find a parking spot at 11pm. We were offered 'alternate' parking until 1am, but that is was not an appropriate solution.

The room and view were spectacular. We enjoyed the pool and the breakfast as well.